NATION

PASSWORD

How do we manage the incel epidemic?

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

Harkback Union
Post Marshal

Founded: Sep 01, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Harkback Union » Mon Jun 17, 2019 1:37 pm

Petrolheadia wrote:
Harkback Union wrote:(Image)

/thread...

Maybe they're just a bunch of ugly SOBs?

Last edited by Harkback Union on Mon Jun 17, 2019 1:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Galloism
Khan of Spam

Founded: Aug 20, 2005
Father Knows Best State

Postby Galloism » Mon Jun 17, 2019 1:38 pm

Des-Bal wrote:
Galloism wrote:And plenty of people go out all the time and don't find anybody either.

Hell, i know autism is the go to excuse for everybody, but quite a few incels suffer depression, autism, and body dysmorphic disorder. It's so prevalent it's actually in the wikipedia article.

It makes it extremely difficult to have and hold onto a relationship with one or more of those conditions.

And those people are almost certainly terrible.

Seek treatment because all of those can lead to you doing something terrible.

Two of those three are not curable, and the other one isn't curable for everyone.
Venicilian: wow. Jesus hung around with everyone. boys, girls, rich, poor(mostly), sick, healthy, etc. in fact, i bet he even went up to gay people and tried to heal them so they would be straight.
The Parkus Empire: Being serious on NSG is like wearing a suit to a nude beach.
New Kereptica: Since power is changed energy over time, an increase in power would mean, in this case, an increase in energy. As energy is equivalent to mass and the density of the government is static, the volume of the government must increase.

Grapasia
Spokesperson

Founded: Jun 08, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Grapasia » Mon Jun 17, 2019 1:38 pm

Petrolheadia wrote:
Grapasia wrote:this tbh ngl
people are gonna go ER tho

I'm gonna be first of them, sexual freedom is something I would rarely compromise on.

low inhib
Last edited by Grapasia on Mon Jun 17, 2019 1:39 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Neder Brum
Civil Servant

Founded: Jun 17, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Neder Brum » Mon Jun 17, 2019 1:38 pm

Galloism wrote:
Des-Bal wrote:
Those are both totally true. If you aren't finding anyone your approach is fucked. I don't know how many people I've heard complain that they couldn't find anybody when they were going from home to work to home.

And plenty of people go out all the time and don't find anybody either.

Hell, i know autism is the go to excuse for everybody, but quite a few incels suffer depression, autism, and body dysmorphic disorder. It's so prevalent it's actually in the wikipedia article.

It makes it extremely difficult to have and hold onto a relationship with one or more of those conditions.

Exactly. I believe these are the main issues. The growing objectification of men isn't helping.

Ethel mermania
Post Overlord

Founded: Aug 20, 2010
Father Knows Best State

Postby Ethel mermania » Mon Jun 17, 2019 1:39 pm

Grapasia wrote:
The South Falls wrote:How do you know?

cuz jeff bezos makes bank

And isnt he banging some super hot TV model, you know the one he was fucking that caused his divorce.
https://www.hvst.com/posts/the-clash-of ... s-wl2TQBpY

The West won the world not by the superiority of its ideas or values or religion … but rather by its superiority in applying organized violence. Westerners often forget this fact; non-Westerners never do.
--S. Huntington

The most fundamental problem of politics is not the control of wickedness but the limitation of righteousness. 

--H. Kissenger

Diopolis
Post Marshal

Founded: May 15, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Diopolis » Mon Jun 17, 2019 1:40 pm

Grapasia wrote:
The New California Republic wrote:Everything you have said in relation to it has been totally inaccurate, that's how you are wrong. There really is no other way to answer your question...

enlightening

Diopolis wrote:You have to undo the sexual revolution.
In other words, you're screwed.

this tbh ngl
people are gonna go ER tho

Well there's nothing that's going to be done about that.
Texas nationalist, right-wing technocrat, radical social conservative, post-liberal.

Grapasia
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Grapasia » Mon Jun 17, 2019 1:40 pm

Ethel mermania wrote:
Grapasia wrote:cuz jeff bezos makes bank

And isnt he banging some super hot TV model, you know the one he was fucking that caused his divorce.

his real wife was probably not putting out because she knew divorce rape was now on the table

The South Falls
Postmaster-General

Founded: Oct 18, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby The South Falls » Mon Jun 17, 2019 1:40 pm

Heloin wrote:
Galloism wrote:There's probably a feedback loop, if we're all being honest with ourselves.

Fair enough I suppose.

You feel bad about your dating life. No matches, or people. You may go on subs or websites of people feeling the same way. The pool deepens your resolve to find someone. But it doesn't work. Again and again you try, but it fails. Then you start looking at alone people subs. It deepens your sadness and you may relent in the dating game. It still isn't clicking. No one wants to start a relationship. Maybe you go on an incel sub or two, just as a comfort. Nothing much, you tell yourself. You try again. and again. It is still failing. You see these people who share one thing in common with you. Rejection. Love has not found them, or you. You start looking in more, and you're sucked into the hole. Soon, you just say fuck it and stop. There is nothing out there for me, you say. They're all keeping me down, you say. For this is the opinion of those very websites. Nothingness. Maybe you don't say fuck it. You go on a looks or personality usade and finally get a date. Then you start a relationship. You then break up in the nastiest way possible. This makes you happy, so you keep going, taking revenge for your percieved wrongs. Its almost addictive.

This is the Incel's beginning. Some will cope. Others will truly go mgtow. Others, though, will stay there, drowning in obscure acronyms, creating a self fulfilling prophecy of doom.
This is an MT nation that reflects some of my beliefs, trade deals and debate always welcome! Call me TeaSF. A level 8, according to This Index.

Political Compass Results:

Economic: -5.5
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -4.51
I make dumb jokes. I'm really serious about that.

Heloin
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Mar 30, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Heloin » Mon Jun 17, 2019 1:40 pm

Grapasia wrote:
Petrolheadia wrote:I'm gonna be first of them, sexual freedom is something I would rarely compromise on.

low inhib

Translation?

Des-Bal
Post Czar

Founded: Jan 24, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Des-Bal » Mon Jun 17, 2019 1:40 pm

Galloism wrote:Two of those three are not curable, and the other one isn't curable for everyone.

That's why I said seek treatment and not "take a shot of penicillin, you'll be fine." If you find yourself incapable of relating to another person or reading their social cues that's terrible, if your severe autism is causing it all you can do i seek treatment.
Cekoviu wrote:DES-BAL: Introverted, blunt, focused, utilitarian. Hard to read; not verbose online or likely in real life. Places little emphasis on interpersonal relationships, particularly with online strangers for whom the investment would outweigh the returns.
Desired perception: Logical, intellectual
Public perception: Neutral-positive - blunt, cold, logical, skilled at debating
Mindset: Logos

The South Falls
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby The South Falls » Mon Jun 17, 2019 1:41 pm

Grapasia wrote:
Ethel mermania wrote:And isnt he banging some super hot TV model, you know the one he was fucking that caused his divorce.

his real wife was probably not putting out because she knew divorce rape was now on the table

Putting out? Wdym? Also she could have "divorce raped" him at any time.
This is an MT nation that reflects some of my beliefs, trade deals and debate always welcome! Call me TeaSF. A level 8, according to This Index.

Ethel mermania
Post Overlord

Father Knows Best State

Postby Ethel mermania » Mon Jun 17, 2019 1:42 pm

Grapasia wrote:
Ethel mermania wrote:And isnt he banging some super hot TV model, you know the one he was fucking that caused his divorce.

Grasping at straws are we?

The West won the world not by the superiority of its ideas or values or religion … but rather by its superiority in applying organized violence. Westerners often forget this fact; non-Westerners never do.
--S. Huntington

The most fundamental problem of politics is not the control of wickedness but the limitation of righteousness. 

--H. Kissenger

Grapasia
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Grapasia » Mon Jun 17, 2019 1:42 pm

Harkback Union wrote:
Petrolheadia wrote:Maybe they're just a bunch of ugly SOBs?

based
I remember rping with you a while back, I think pt2m is easily the least pozzed forum here

Diopolis
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Diopolis » Mon Jun 17, 2019 1:42 pm

Grapasia wrote:

Or maybe he just started wandering?
Texas nationalist, right-wing technocrat, radical social conservative, post-liberal.

The South Falls
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby The South Falls » Mon Jun 17, 2019 1:42 pm

Grapasia wrote:
The South Falls wrote:How do you know?

cuz jeff bezos makes bank

You're not their divorce lawyer(s)

Grapasia
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Grapasia » Mon Jun 17, 2019 1:43 pm

Ethel mermania wrote:
Grapasia wrote:his real wife was probably not putting out because she knew divorce rape was now on the table

Grasping at straws are we?

jeff bezos might as well have been proverbially to save his sex life

The South Falls
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby The South Falls » Mon Jun 17, 2019 1:44 pm

Grapasia wrote:
Ethel mermania wrote:Grasping at straws are we?

Which is still not an excuse to cheat.

Galloism
Khan of Spam

Father Knows Best State

Postby Galloism » Mon Jun 17, 2019 1:44 pm

Des-Bal wrote:
Galloism wrote:Two of those three are not curable, and the other one isn't curable for everyone.

That's why I said seek treatment and not "take a shot of penicillin, you'll be fine." If you find yourself incapable of relating to another person or reading their social cues that's terrible, if your severe autism is causing it all you can do i seek treatment.

And you should, but let's face it - not everyone is going to find someone, and saying "you're a sucky person if you can't 'get' a woman" isn't helping. It's part of that feedback loop that i briefly referenced.

Person is unlucky or has a disability, and has trouble finding love.
Society says "You suck."
You isolate yourself from society because no one likes being told they suck.
The are even more unlucky.
Society says "you suck so bad it's not even funny."
You isolate yourself from society even more, but because all humans need some kind of interaction, you look for someone who will actually not tell you you suck.
You find an incel forum.
Society says "You suck and you're DANGEROUS!"
Incel forum says "it's not all you, society just sucks"
You find an ally against society telling you you suck all the time.

This is actually how extremism happens, and doubling down on "you suck" doesn't break the cycle of extremism - it reinforces it.
Venicilian: wow. Jesus hung around with everyone. boys, girls, rich, poor(mostly), sick, healthy, etc. in fact, i bet he even went up to gay people and tried to heal them so they would be straight.
New Kereptica: Since power is changed energy over time, an increase in power would mean, in this case, an increase in energy. As energy is equivalent to mass and the density of the government is static, the volume of the government must increase.

Ostroeuropa
Khan of Spam

Founded: Jun 14, 2006
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Ostroeuropa » Mon Jun 17, 2019 1:44 pm

Liriena wrote:
Ostroeuropa wrote:
Gallos conclusion in light of the study supports my position, because the same study notes that people have serious problems with a perpetrator-victim dichotomy, and if they view women as victims they view men as perpetrators. That is reinforced by and reinforces higher levels of empathy, absolvement of blame, and so on.

Caring less about women frees up that cognitive ability to care about men.

"Caring less", huh?

What happened to your advocacy for contempt?

Disregarding and ignoring Is a form of contempt.
Ostro.MOV

There is an out of control trolley speeding towards Jeremy Bentham, who is tied to the track. You can pull the lever to cause the trolley to switch tracks, but on the other track is Immanuel Kant. Bentham is clutching the only copy in the universe of The Critique of Pure Reason. Kant is clutching the only copy in the universe of The Principles of Moral Legislation. Both men are shouting at you that they have recently started to reconsider their ethical stances.

Grapasia
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Grapasia » Mon Jun 17, 2019 1:45 pm

The South Falls wrote:
Grapasia wrote:jeff bezos might as well have been proverbially to save his sex life

Which is still not an excuse to cheat.

well it's not legal to just have your wife put out after she agreed to marry you, is it? what do you expect?

Ostroeuropa
Khan of Spam

Founded: Jun 14, 2006
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Ostroeuropa » Mon Jun 17, 2019 1:46 pm

Galloism wrote:
Des-Bal wrote:

And you should, but let's face it - not everyone is going to find someone, and saying "you're a sucky person if you can't 'get' a woman" isn't helping. It's part of that feedback loop that i briefly referenced.

Person is unlucky or has a disability, and has trouble finding love.
Society says "You suck."
You isolate yourself from society because no one likes being told they suck.
The are even more unlucky.
Society says "you suck so bad it's not even funny."
You isolate yourself from society even more, but because all humans need some kind of interaction, you look for someone who will actually not tell you you suck.
You find an incel forum.
Society says "You suck and you're DANGEROUS!"
Incel forum says "it's not all you, society just sucks"
You find an ally against society telling you you suck all the time.

This is actually how extremism happens, and doubling down on "you suck" doesn't break the cycle of extremism - it reinforces it.

It also goes the other way and is self-reinforcing. If someone is single there must be something wrong with them, or so it goes, which means people are less likely to consider them, even if they don't care themselves.

The difference between stigma and self-stigma.
Ostro.MOV

There is an out of control trolley speeding towards Jeremy Bentham, who is tied to the track. You can pull the lever to cause the trolley to switch tracks, but on the other track is Immanuel Kant. Bentham is clutching the only copy in the universe of The Critique of Pure Reason. Kant is clutching the only copy in the universe of The Principles of Moral Legislation. Both men are shouting at you that they have recently started to reconsider their ethical stances.

Mojave Confederation
Bureaucrat

Founded: Jun 01, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Mojave Confederation » Mon Jun 17, 2019 1:47 pm

Grapasia wrote:
The South Falls wrote:Which is still not an excuse to cheat.

well it's not legal to just have your wife put out after she agreed to marry you, is it? what do you expect?

what? Of course its legal, divorce exist.

Edit: Can't believe I have to use Urban-dictionary for this. Yes it's legal, open relationship exist
Last edited by Mojave Confederation on Mon Jun 17, 2019 1:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Welcome to The Platinum Chip of The Wasteland, enjoy your stay!

Diopolis
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Diopolis » Mon Jun 17, 2019 1:47 pm

Mojave Confederation wrote:
Grapasia wrote:well it's not legal to just have your wife put out after she agreed to marry you, is it? what do you expect?

what? Of course its legal, divorce exist.

He's using "put out" to mean "have sex with".

Galloism
Khan of Spam

Father Knows Best State

Postby Galloism » Mon Jun 17, 2019 1:49 pm

Ostroeuropa wrote:It also goes the other way and is self-reinforcing. If someone is single there must be something wrong with them, or so it goes, which means people are less likely to consider them, even if they don't care themselves.

The difference between stigma and self-stigma.

There's some really dystopian things people do on this front.

I knew a guy in flight school who bought and wore a wedding ring even though he wasn't married and didn't even have a steady girlfriend. He swore it helped him hook up easier.

We stopped hanging out.

Ethel mermania
Post Overlord

Father Knows Best State

Postby Ethel mermania » Mon Jun 17, 2019 1:50 pm

Grapasia wrote:
Ethel mermania wrote:Grasping at straws are we?

Nah, he could have always gone the Robert Kraft route.

Nothing came out that mrs Bezos wasnt putting out. Besides Have you seen Lauren Sanchez? If I were single I would do her in a heartbeat. You dont have to be unhappy in a marriage to want to do her.

--S. Huntington

--H. Kissenger

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General