NATION

PASSWORD

ALIENS ARE EVERYWHERE

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)
User avatar
The Galactic Liberal Democracy
Minister
 
Posts: 2375
Founded: Jun 13, 2018
New York Times Democracy

ALIENS ARE EVERYWHERE

Postby The Galactic Liberal Democracy » Sun Jun 16, 2019 7:21 am

Yes, I clickbaited you. Deal with it.

As of writing this, a new MIB has come out. I liked the originals better. It's release is irrelevant actually, but it brings us into the next subject: the men in black. Not the movies, the real ones. MIB is based off stories of these figures. In brief, they cover up alien sightings, harass ufologists, and wipe memories. The series is supposed to be humorous rather than accurate. It is established that the men in black work with the government, or at least claim to. However, the mib often have strange features only explained by assuming they are aliens. And they cover up alien sightings. Aliens hiding aliens? This shows the conspiracy theorists researchers are into something and millions of extraterrestrial sightings are made yearly. Only a few get wiped by estimation, but enough that less people know. This gives reason to believe there are aliens everywhere, or at least in a lot of places.

Opinions? Do aliens exist? Are they coming after me?
NOT STORMTROOPERS
Cossack Khanate wrote:This shall forever be known as World War Sh*t: Newark Aggression. Now if I see one more troop deployed, I will call on the force of all the Hindu gods to reverse time and wipe your race of the face of the planet. Cease.

The Black Party wrote:(TBP kamikaze's into all 99999999999 nukes before they hit our territory because we just have that many pilots ready to die for dah blak regime, we also counter-attack into your nation with our entire population of 45 million because this RP allows it.)

El-Amin Caliphate wrote:Galatic Liberal Democracy short-circuits all of NS with FACTS and LOGIC

User avatar
Castelia
Chargé d'Affaires
 
Posts: 444
Founded: Sep 04, 2015
Benevolent Dictatorship

Postby Castelia » Sun Jun 16, 2019 8:57 am

Oh, they're everywhere! Apparently, everyone not living on your nation is an alien! AHHHHH!

Okay, seriously now. Yes, I do believe extraterrestrials exist. I mean, considering how large the universe is, and how little we've explored of it, there's always the possibility we're not alone in this universe. And I like to think we aren't.
I just want to feel alive

User avatar
Democratic Empire of Romania
Envoy
 
Posts: 226
Founded: Apr 03, 2017
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Democratic Empire of Romania » Sun Jun 16, 2019 9:00 am

As Castellia said. The Universe is so big, there's a chanceof one out of idk for at least TWO planets with life. We have millions of possible places in the Milky Way alone !
Salutare tuturor Românilor de pe NationStates !

Centrist; Memer; Agnostic and ex-Orthodox; Huge nerd ( ASOIAF, Star Wars, Red Rising, Dune, Foundation, Metro 2033 )

User avatar
Bluelight-R006
Minister
 
Posts: 2890
Founded: Mar 31, 2017
Anarchy

Postby Bluelight-R006 » Sun Jun 16, 2019 9:05 am

Considering how the Universe is so big and that there are estimated trillions of planets with Earth-like conditions, then I believe aliens do exist. Mysterious UFO sightings may prove the point, but I kind of have doubt that they were real... humans like to trick other humans. But change my mind, if you can :) I’m open to reasoning.

User avatar
Hammer Britannia
Senator
 
Posts: 4911
Founded: Oct 08, 2016
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Hammer Britannia » Sun Jun 16, 2019 9:06 am

I believe there are aliens everywhere, perhaps on every planet capable of sustaining life.

Intelligent life, however, is seemingly impossible.
The FN FAL fetishist, Bisexual Libertarian Pagan, 27-year-old Boomer your mom warned you about
Buy my Chemical Weapons pls.
Supreme Dictator WA delegate of The Labyrinth. Please join, we have memes
Click here for free cake.
On a crusade to destroy summer posters

User avatar
Cekoviu
Powerbroker
 
Posts: 9323
Founded: Oct 18, 2017
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Cekoviu » Sun Jun 16, 2019 9:09 am

Possible. The 'grey' depiction of aliens is pretty unlikely, though, and I don't imagine any would look very similar to humans except by sheer coincidence.
⮽⮽⮽ Copy and paste this in your sig if you hate the meme that your grade in 9th grade biology has literally anything to do with your fake-edgy views on gender. ⮽⮽⮽
Hickenlooper 2020
Cockroaches are cool. 8):
♀, not Bhutanese
  • Not knowing what the below sentence means
  • Picking Grookey over Sobble or Scorbunny

User avatar
Christian Confederation
Diplomat
 
Posts: 565
Founded: Dec 12, 2018
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Christian Confederation » Sun Jun 16, 2019 9:16 am

Of course aliens are here, the government is just hideing it so there is not a panic.
Founder of the moderate alliance
Open to new members, and embassy's.
My telagram box is always open for productive conversation.
IRL political views center right/ right.

User avatar
The Galactic Liberal Democracy
Minister
 
Posts: 2375
Founded: Jun 13, 2018
New York Times Democracy

Postby The Galactic Liberal Democracy » Sun Jun 16, 2019 9:26 am

Aliens are humanoid, abduct people, and all the other culture stuff is true. If you disagree with me, you're wrong. https://www.miamiherald.com/news/local/ ... 13586.html

On a serious note, aircraft spottings are the only convincing proof that aliens are on Earth, the rest is really cheesy and unrealistic.
NOT STORMTROOPERS
Cossack Khanate wrote:This shall forever be known as World War Sh*t: Newark Aggression. Now if I see one more troop deployed, I will call on the force of all the Hindu gods to reverse time and wipe your race of the face of the planet. Cease.

The Black Party wrote:(TBP kamikaze's into all 99999999999 nukes before they hit our territory because we just have that many pilots ready to die for dah blak regime, we also counter-attack into your nation with our entire population of 45 million because this RP allows it.)

El-Amin Caliphate wrote:Galatic Liberal Democracy short-circuits all of NS with FACTS and LOGIC

User avatar
The Galactic Liberal Democracy
Minister
 
Posts: 2375
Founded: Jun 13, 2018
New York Times Democracy

Postby The Galactic Liberal Democracy » Sun Jun 16, 2019 9:27 am

Christian Confederation wrote:Of course aliens are here, the government is just hideing it so there is not a panic.

CAUGHT THE TIN FOIL HAT! MISSION ACCOMPLISHED.
NOT STORMTROOPERS
Cossack Khanate wrote:This shall forever be known as World War Sh*t: Newark Aggression. Now if I see one more troop deployed, I will call on the force of all the Hindu gods to reverse time and wipe your race of the face of the planet. Cease.

The Black Party wrote:(TBP kamikaze's into all 99999999999 nukes before they hit our territory because we just have that many pilots ready to die for dah blak regime, we also counter-attack into your nation with our entire population of 45 million because this RP allows it.)

El-Amin Caliphate wrote:Galatic Liberal Democracy short-circuits all of NS with FACTS and LOGIC

User avatar
Cekoviu
Powerbroker
 
Posts: 9323
Founded: Oct 18, 2017
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Cekoviu » Sun Jun 16, 2019 9:49 am

Christian Confederation wrote:Of course aliens are here, the government is just hideing it so there is not a panic.

Poe's law.
⮽⮽⮽ Copy and paste this in your sig if you hate the meme that your grade in 9th grade biology has literally anything to do with your fake-edgy views on gender. ⮽⮽⮽
Hickenlooper 2020
Cockroaches are cool. 8):
♀, not Bhutanese
  • Not knowing what the below sentence means
  • Picking Grookey over Sobble or Scorbunny

User avatar
Valentine Z
Negotiator
 
Posts: 5003
Founded: Nov 08, 2015
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Valentine Z » Sun Jun 16, 2019 10:04 am

There has to be outside. In a galaxy far, far away, of course. Not sure about whether it is "A long, long time ago."

I'm not talking about alien conspiracies either. I mean, the universe is billions of light years across, so there definitely has to be someone out there.

If we are alone, it's a scary thought. If they are somewhere out there... let's just hope that they are not batshit like The Covenant from Halo, or that we are not in the Dead Space universe.
Last edited by Valentine Z on Sun Jun 16, 2019 10:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
NSSCRA 8: #7 - Clarissa Alanis Star || #15 - Jolyn Helen Ceeta || #31 - Gwen Tracer Allison
If you are reading my sig, I want you to have the best day ever ! You are worth it, do not let anyone get you down !
Glory to De Sierlijke und Verwonderlijk Feline Utopia et its Heerlijk Autonomous Opperheerschappij ov Valentine Z !
• About me.
• You thought I'm a She. But it is I, a dude!
• Eat my freaking tranquility. - Zenyatta
• Never trouble trouble until trouble troubles you.
• World Map is a cat playing with Australia.
• I REALLY hate that eye rolling smiley!
NEWS: Random Asian guy kills test subject with speed. Claims success!

User avatar
Cekoviu
Powerbroker
 
Posts: 9323
Founded: Oct 18, 2017
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Cekoviu » Sun Jun 16, 2019 10:06 am

Valentine Z wrote:There has to be outside. In a galaxy far, far away, of course. Not sure about whether it is "A long, long time ago."

I'm not talking about alien conspiracies either. I mean, the universe is billions of light years across, so there definitely has to be someone out there.

If we are alone, it's a scary thought. If they are somewhere out there... let's just hope that they are not batshit like The Covenant from Halo, or that we are not in the Dead Space universe.

It's somewhat less likely that there is intelligent or malevolent life. I don't think the most advanced aliens that we'd realistically encounter would be particularly more intelligent than octopuses and wouldn't try to kill humans unless we're small enough to be prey.
⮽⮽⮽ Copy and paste this in your sig if you hate the meme that your grade in 9th grade biology has literally anything to do with your fake-edgy views on gender. ⮽⮽⮽
Hickenlooper 2020
Cockroaches are cool. 8):
♀, not Bhutanese
  • Not knowing what the below sentence means
  • Picking Grookey over Sobble or Scorbunny

User avatar
The Huskar Social Union
Post Czar
 
Posts: 39199
Founded: Apr 04, 2012
Left-wing Utopia

Postby The Huskar Social Union » Sun Jun 16, 2019 10:07 am

Yes they exist somewhere. The galaxy, let alone the universe, is wayyyyy too big for humanity to be the only advanced sentient life out there.

Now are they out to get you?

No idea
Last edited by The Huskar Social Union on Sun Jun 16, 2019 10:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
Scary Spooky Leftist #19879417 An Atheist Irishman from Belfast Loyal to Dragonstone and the King in the Narrow Sea

I dont like politics in video games. My favourite game is Witcher III
-oppressed gamer
Yeh: The Red Agenda, Purging the Xenos, Not being a prick, Vidya Gaemz, Art, Science, History, Old Gregg, Blondes, Redheads, Tattooed girls, Erecting fortifications, Tanks.
Neh: The Blue Agenda, Being a prick, Xenos, Racism, National/Religious wankery, Zealots, Gatekeeping, Alt-right/SJW Snowflakes, Random lists, Dismantling Fortifications, Cabbage.

User avatar
Bluelight-R006
Minister
 
Posts: 2890
Founded: Mar 31, 2017
Anarchy

Postby Bluelight-R006 » Sun Jun 16, 2019 10:11 am

Valentine Z wrote:There has to be outside. In a galaxy far, far away, of course. Not sure about whether it is "A long, long time ago."

I'm not talking about alien conspiracies either. I mean, the universe is billions of light years across, so there definitely has to be someone out there.

If we are alone, it's a scary thought. If they are somewhere out there... let's just hope that they are not batshit like The Covenant from Halo, or that we are not in the Dead Space universe.

I agree. Being alone by ourselves with so much space to discover... it’s quite scary. And the type of scary I don’t know how to describe...

But then they may try to kill us so I may retract that statement.

User avatar
Valentine Z
Negotiator
 
Posts: 5003
Founded: Nov 08, 2015
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Valentine Z » Sun Jun 16, 2019 10:11 am

Cekoviu wrote:
Valentine Z wrote:There has to be outside. In a galaxy far, far away, of course. Not sure about whether it is "A long, long time ago."

I'm not talking about alien conspiracies either. I mean, the universe is billions of light years across, so there definitely has to be someone out there.

If we are alone, it's a scary thought. If they are somewhere out there... let's just hope that they are not batshit like The Covenant from Halo, or that we are not in the Dead Space universe.

It's somewhat less likely that there is intelligent or malevolent life. I don't think the most advanced aliens that we'd realistically encounter would be particularly more intelligent than octopuses and wouldn't try to kill humans unless we're small enough to be prey.

I can only dream that somewhere out there, there is a planet full of elephant-sized kittens. :3 Screw the Square-Cube Law.

On a more serious note, I think even bacterial life will prove to be a milestone. I read somewhere before that there could be life on Jupiter's moons, or Neptune's moons (maybe under that blankets of ice). Again, I might have read that wrongly, but if we are lucky, we could find some in our own Solar System.
NSSCRA 8: #7 - Clarissa Alanis Star || #15 - Jolyn Helen Ceeta || #31 - Gwen Tracer Allison
If you are reading my sig, I want you to have the best day ever ! You are worth it, do not let anyone get you down !
Glory to De Sierlijke und Verwonderlijk Feline Utopia et its Heerlijk Autonomous Opperheerschappij ov Valentine Z !
• About me.
• You thought I'm a She. But it is I, a dude!
• Eat my freaking tranquility. - Zenyatta
• Never trouble trouble until trouble troubles you.
• World Map is a cat playing with Australia.
• I REALLY hate that eye rolling smiley!
NEWS: Random Asian guy kills test subject with speed. Claims success!

User avatar
Xmara
Minister
 
Posts: 2171
Founded: Mar 31, 2014
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Xmara » Sun Jun 16, 2019 10:15 am

Who told you my secr-

Secret...uh...secret recipe? For pecan pie? Totally not referring to my other completely non-existent secret about being from outer space. Which I’m not. I’m definitely one of you humans.
/ˈzmaːrʌ/
Info
Our Leader
Status- Code Green- All clear
I mostly use NS stats, except for population and tax rates.
We are not Estonia.
A 16.8 civilization, according to this index.
Flag Waver
Respect the science!


About Me | Great Quotes from NS | Side note: I’m female.

Copy and paste this into your sig if you think we should colonize other planets

User avatar
Valehart
Attaché
 
Posts: 73
Founded: Nov 13, 2018
Capitalist Paradise

Postby Valehart » Sun Jun 16, 2019 10:22 am

I honestly believe that there is extraterrestrial life out there, but I'll go on a tangent and say that the likelihood we'll ever get a chance to meet other sentient life is pretty much impossible.

The Universe is big; there's bound to be others out there, but it's so expansive that there's no way to ever really communicate with them, let alone travel to them. And there are a million ways that they can go extinct.
(Which is called the Great Filter, which is related to the Fermi Paradox in that there are barriers that prevent life going from simple microscopic specs to interstellar empires and whatnot).

But I digress, there has to be at least simple forms of life in our solar system. Life, uh, finds a way
The Federal Republic of Valehart | Visit the Valehart homepage for more info

A space faring, FT-FTL federation. Glory to the Republic!
“Europe! Our traditions, our culture, are once again being threatened! In this new wave of discovery and discorce, we look to the stars, hand in hand. (...) To defeat the American conspirators is not only our right, but our destiny. Through hardship, to the stars!”
—A Call To Arms, Unknown, ACU (2201)

The WIKIverse | Valehart's Wiki

User avatar
Communist Zombie Horde
Diplomat
 
Posts: 944
Founded: Jan 04, 2018
Corporate Police State

Postby Communist Zombie Horde » Sun Jun 16, 2019 11:26 am

I don't think there are aliens but we should have an alien defense force in case.
NS Parliament: Arnold Delbert; National People's Party

This nation is not entirely representative of my views. I've had some fun with the stats and I want to keep them that way.

User avatar
Kita-Hinode
Diplomat
 
Posts: 576
Founded: May 03, 2017
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Kita-Hinode » Sun Jun 16, 2019 11:33 am

Eh, shit. If they know how to play defender on FIFA, I'm fine.
Woo-ee-ooh, I look just like Buddy Holly / Oh-oh, and you're Mary Tyler Moore
I don't care what they say about us anyway / I don't care 'bout that
Champion: WC 75 and 76, CoH 74, U-15 WC 4 and 6, DBC 29 and 41, CE 21 and 24
Project Olimpo | hinodezenbaitai.co.hi/sports

The IC follow-up to Northern Sunrise Islands

User avatar
Arcturus Novus
Negotiator
 
Posts: 6274
Founded: Dec 03, 2011
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Arcturus Novus » Sun Jun 16, 2019 11:35 am

Aliens exist. Whether they’re on a technological level at or above our own - or whether they even exist in a way we can recognize as life - remains to be seen.
about me - about my politics - my twitter - my tumblr
Member of the Committee for Proletarian Degeneracy
Des-Bal wrote:If you aren't ashamed of your opinions in 7 years you aren't growing as a person.

The Xenopolis Confederation wrote:I'm sure that as a Nazi, you apply your opposition to banning things in a very consistent and principled mammer.

Kowani wrote:
Loben The 2nd wrote:Victory is not measured by losses. It’s measured by gains.

Said Pyrrhus.

User avatar
Page
Powerbroker
 
Posts: 9724
Founded: Jan 12, 2012
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Page » Sun Jun 16, 2019 11:35 am

I think it is overwhelmingly likely there are other sentient and even spacefaring species in this galaxy and maybe thousands or millions in the entire universe, but they haven't been here and the reported UFO sightings are just manmade objects.

I think it may be likely that exceeding the speed of light is truly impossible regardless of any technological advancements, therefore most of the species of this universe will never run into each other.
I am a libertarian socialist.
I am ungovernable.
I owe no allegiance to any state.
I am bound to my conscience, not to the law.
I stand for liberty, justice, and peace.

User avatar
The Japanese Americans
Spokesperson
 
Posts: 130
Founded: Jun 24, 2018
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby The Japanese Americans » Sun Jun 16, 2019 11:38 am

Of course aliens exist, the universe is too big for there not to be.

If we encounter a lot of sentient life, then that means we're behind the Great Filter. And that means we may go extinct. If we encounter an abundance of non-sentient life, then that means we're past the Great Filter. And that we're mostly alone in the galaxy.
I'm an autistic 15 year old who has more of a vocabulary bank than my entire grade. Not combined, of course. I have already lost hope in this generation even though I'm part of it.

Name: Lee
Gender: Male
Species: Human
Level: 8
HP: 79/79
MP: 90/90
Power: 14
Strength: 12
Luck: 9
Intelligence: 16
Wisdom: 8
Skills: Mana Arrows, Mana Bomb, Slice and Dice, Observation, Hard Hit, Spinning Mana Bomb, Spinning Mana Arrows, and Idiotic Acts

Call me JA. It's easier than typing out Japanese Americans.

User avatar
Farnhamia
Game Moderator
 
Posts: 99747
Founded: Jun 20, 2006
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Farnhamia » Sun Jun 16, 2019 11:50 am

The Galactic Liberal Democracy wrote:Yes, I clickbaited you. Deal with it.

As of writing this, a new MIB has come out. I liked the originals better. It's release is irrelevant actually, but it brings us into the next subject: the men in black. Not the movies, the real ones. MIB is based off stories of these figures. In brief, they cover up alien sightings, harass ufologists, and wipe memories. The series is supposed to be humorous rather than accurate. It is established that the men in black work with the government, or at least claim to. However, the mib often have strange features only explained by assuming they are aliens. And they cover up alien sightings. Aliens hiding aliens? This shows the conspiracy theorists researchers are into something and millions of extraterrestrial sightings are made yearly. Only a few get wiped by estimation, but enough that less people know. This gives reason to believe there are aliens everywhere, or at least in a lot of places.

Opinions? Do aliens exist? Are they coming after me?

Coming after you? I wish they would. :roll:
Freedom ... or cake. ~ Ashmoria (RIP)
Make Earth Great Again: Stop Continental Drift!
And Jesus was a sailor when he walked upon the water ...
"Make yourself at home, Frank. Hit somebody." RIP Don Rickles
My country, right or wrong; if right, to be kept right; and if wrong, to be set right. ~ Carl Schurz
<Sigh> NSG...where even the atheists are Augustinians. ~ The Archregimancy
Now the foot is on the other hand ~ Kannap
RIP Dyakovo

User avatar
The Galactic Liberal Democracy
Minister
 
Posts: 2375
Founded: Jun 13, 2018
New York Times Democracy

Postby The Galactic Liberal Democracy » Sun Jun 16, 2019 12:03 pm

The Japanese Americans wrote:Of course aliens exist, the universe is too big for there not to be.

If we encounter a lot of sentient life, then that means we're behind the Great Filter. And that means we may go extinct. If we encounter an abundance of non-sentient life, then that means we're past the Great Filter. And that we're mostly alone in the galaxy.

Encountering one sentient species more advanced could mean a lot of damage.
NOT STORMTROOPERS
Cossack Khanate wrote:This shall forever be known as World War Sh*t: Newark Aggression. Now if I see one more troop deployed, I will call on the force of all the Hindu gods to reverse time and wipe your race of the face of the planet. Cease.

The Black Party wrote:(TBP kamikaze's into all 99999999999 nukes before they hit our territory because we just have that many pilots ready to die for dah blak regime, we also counter-attack into your nation with our entire population of 45 million because this RP allows it.)

El-Amin Caliphate wrote:Galatic Liberal Democracy short-circuits all of NS with FACTS and LOGIC

User avatar
Cekoviu
Powerbroker
 
Posts: 9323
Founded: Oct 18, 2017
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Cekoviu » Sun Jun 16, 2019 12:30 pm

Communist Zombie Horde wrote:I don't think there are aliens but we should have an alien defense force in case.

Bring back Star Wars!
⮽⮽⮽ Copy and paste this in your sig if you hate the meme that your grade in 9th grade biology has literally anything to do with your fake-edgy views on gender. ⮽⮽⮽
Hickenlooper 2020
Cockroaches are cool. 8):
♀, not Bhutanese
  • Not knowing what the below sentence means
  • Picking Grookey over Sobble or Scorbunny

Next

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: -Ocelot-, An Alan Smithee Nation, Auphelia, Cenomannos infecisse santo Insel, Democratic Empire of Romania, EastKekistan, Elwher, Ethel mermania, Free Arabian Nation, Fulmin, G-Tech Corporation, Galloism, Hamstan, Heloin, La Pr1mavera, Necroghastia, New Legland, Novus America, Ostroeuropa, Sirayt, South Odreria, Sowia, The Irachee Sod, Trinadaed, United Massachusetts, Vassenor

Advertisement

Remove ads