NATION

PASSWORD

Border Patrol Is Detaining Migrants in ‘a Human Dog Pound’

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

Hirota
Powerbroker

Founded: Jan 22, 2004
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Hirota » Fri Jun 21, 2019 2:32 am

Vassenor wrote:Today in "shit nobody said"...

Vassenor wrote:I mean that's what happens when you tend to just spout myths verbatim with no actual supporting evidence.

Oh look, you've got someone else to play that game with!

The Derpy Democratic Republic Of Herp wrote:What say you NSG?
America (both continents) is basically in the midst of it's own refugee crisis at the moment, that has been building up even before venezuela. You'd think the US would be better equipped to deal with it than Turkey was.
Last edited by Hirota on Fri Jun 21, 2019 2:40 am, edited 2 times in total.
When a wise man points at the moon the imbecile examines the finger - Confucius
Known to trigger Grammar Nazis, Spelling Nazis, Actual Nazis, the emotionally stunted and pedants.
Those affected by the views, opinions or general demeanour of this poster should review this puppy picture. Those affected by puppy pictures should consider investing in an isolation tank.

Economic Left/Right: -3.25, Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -5.03
Isn't it curious how people will claim they are against tribalism, then pigeonhole themselves into tribes?

It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.
I use obviously in italics to emphasise the conveying of sarcasm. If I've put excessive obviously's into a post that means I'm being sarcastic

Saiwania
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Jun 30, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby Saiwania » Fri Jun 21, 2019 3:05 am

I have no objections to what is happening and my thinking if that if conditions are bad enough, that perhaps most of these people will head back to where they came from if given the choice to be deported, failing that- they should be indefinitely held where they are in my view, to coerce them into accepting the deportation.
Last edited by Saiwania on Fri Jun 21, 2019 3:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
Sith Acolyte
Peace is a lie, there is only passion. Through passion, I gain strength. Through strength, I gain power. Through power, I gain victory. Through victory, my chains are broken!

El-Amin Caliphate
Post Marshal

Founded: Apr 05, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby El-Amin Caliphate » Fri Jun 21, 2019 10:51 am

The Snazzylands wrote:
El-Amin Caliphate wrote:Actually the people who file immigrants' applications to citizenship determine who becomes a citizen. You and I take no part in that. Also, giving amnesty to 11+ million illegal immigrants make yhem noy illegal anymore. I'd love that.

Yes but it's the voters who are supposed to decide how many immigrants are let in and what the criteria should be.

Again, incorrect. The people who decide how many immigrants are let in are the people reviewing the immigrants' applications. The criteria are set by the federal government. We still don't play a part in that.
The Snazzylands wrote:And no, no one should be here without being properly vetted.

True.
Kubumba Tribe's sister nation. NOT A PUPPET! >w< In fact, this one came 1st.
Proud Full Member of the Council of Islamic Cooperation!^u^
I'm a (Pan) Islamist ;)
CLICK THIS
https://americanvision.org/948/theonomy-vs-theocracy/ wrote:God’s law cannot govern a nation where God’s law does not rule in the hearts of the people

Democracy and Freedom Index
Plaetopia wrote:Partly Free / Hybrid regime (score 4-6) El-Amin Caliphate (5.33)

Nova Cyberia
Senator

Founded: May 06, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Nova Cyberia » Fri Jun 21, 2019 12:12 pm

Well, that tends to be what happens when they don't have the proper resources to deal with the fucking endless waves of migrants.
Yes, yes, I get it. I'm racist and fascist because I disagree with you. Can we skip that part? I've heard it a million times before and I guarantee it won't be any different when you do it
##############
American Nationalist
Third Positionist Gang

The Emerald Legion
Postmaster-General

Founded: Mar 18, 2011
Father Knows Best State

Postby The Emerald Legion » Fri Jun 21, 2019 12:54 pm

Also. Fun fact. You can pretty easily gain citizenship in the USA.

Just join the Military. One year in you can apply for Citizenship and bam. US citizen.
"23.The unwise man is awake all night, and ponders everything over; when morning comes he is weary in mind, and all is a burden as ever." - Havamal

Galloism
Khan of Spam

Founded: Aug 20, 2005
Father Knows Best State

Postby Galloism » Fri Jun 21, 2019 11:47 pm

The Snazzylands wrote:
Galloism wrote:Agreed.

Dear World,

We’ve decided it’s racist for all of you to have your own countries. Pursuant to this, please be prepared to join the United States or be conquered. In an attempt to be orderly, we will be conquering you in reverse alphabetical order. This will take place using the English name for your country, and word prefixes like “new” or “United” will be disregarded for this purpose.

We will issue you a number. Please be patient, and we will attempt to conquer you as quickly as our representatives can do so.

Thank you, and have a nice day.

President Trump
United States of America

After centuries of war, a brave soldier will plant an American flag in the carpet-bombed remains of what was the last foreign country, look off into the distance while basking in the light of the afternoon sun and whisper, "Rest in peace, racism."

Your destruction may be recorded for training purposes.
Venicilian: wow. Jesus hung around with everyone. boys, girls, rich, poor(mostly), sick, healthy, etc. in fact, i bet he even went up to gay people and tried to heal them so they would be straight.
The Parkus Empire: Being serious on NSG is like wearing a suit to a nude beach.
New Kereptica: Since power is changed energy over time, an increase in power would mean, in this case, an increase in energy. As energy is equivalent to mass and the density of the government is static, the volume of the government must increase.

Rojava Free State
Post Marshal

Founded: Feb 06, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Rojava Free State » Sat Jun 22, 2019 7:48 am

Apparently the president is now arguing that the kids in detention don't need toilets, teeth brushes or soap. Recent investigations of facilities also revealed hordes of sick children who were receiving little, if any medical treatment. At this point anyone who still doesn't view these prisons as a violation of human rights and decency is basically in support of child abuse. Our borders should be guarded, and we have a right to control immigration, but basically torturing people for fleeing over our border from violence we helped create in the first place is beyond cruelty. I won't wave my country's flag and cheer on child abuse. We're supposed to be better than this and I guess we arent, because "Brown man bad."
Rojava Free State wrote:Listen yall. I'm only gonna say it once but I want you to remember it. This ain't a world fit for good men. It seems like you gotta be monstrous just to make it. Gotta have a little bit of darkness within you just to survive. You gotta stoop low everyday it seems like. Stoop all the way down to the devil in these times. And then one day you look in the mirror and you realize that you ain't you anymore. You're just another monster, and thanks to your actions, someone else will eventually become as warped and twisted as you. Never forget that the best of us are just the best of a bad lot. Being at the top of a pile of feces doesn't make you anything but shit like the rest. Never forget that.

Rojava Free State
Post Marshal

Founded: Feb 06, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Rojava Free State » Sat Jun 22, 2019 7:50 am

The Emerald Legion wrote:Also. Fun fact. You can pretty easily gain citizenship in the USA.

Just join the Military. One year in you can apply for Citizenship and bam. US citizen.

Tell that to the Iraq war veterans that were deported from this country. I guess once they weren't killing for oil anymore, our government decided to send them back to honduras to die. Wouldn't be the first time the US screwed over the people it views as expendable heroes
Rojava Free State wrote:Listen yall. I'm only gonna say it once but I want you to remember it. This ain't a world fit for good men. It seems like you gotta be monstrous just to make it. Gotta have a little bit of darkness within you just to survive. You gotta stoop low everyday it seems like. Stoop all the way down to the devil in these times. And then one day you look in the mirror and you realize that you ain't you anymore. You're just another monster, and thanks to your actions, someone else will eventually become as warped and twisted as you. Never forget that the best of us are just the best of a bad lot. Being at the top of a pile of feces doesn't make you anything but shit like the rest. Never forget that.

Big Jim P
Khan of Spam

Founded: Antiquity
Ex-Nation

Postby Big Jim P » Sat Jun 22, 2019 7:50 am

The Derpy Democratic Republic Of Herp wrote:sause

After New Mexico State University professor Neal Rosendorf read a government report exposing dangerous overcrowding of detained migrants at the Paso del Norte International Bridge in El Paso, he headed to the port of entry to see if he could find anyone protesting conditions there. When he reached the west side of the bridge, he encountered an unmarked open gate, which he walked through in the hopes of asking Border Patrol agents whether they had seen any protesters. Continuing underneath and then past the bridge about 100 yards or so, he was stunned by what he saw—migrants who said they’d been held outdoors for weeks as temperatures rose to nearly 100 degrees.

Rosendorf described it as “a human dog pound”—one hundred to 150 men behind a chain-link fence, huddled beneath makeshift shelters made from mylar blankets and whatever other scraps they could find to shield themselves from the heat of the sun. “I was able to speak with detainees and take photos of them with their permission,” Rosendorf said in an email. “They told me they’ve been incarcerated outside for a month, that they haven’t washed or been able to change the clothes they were detained in the entire time, and that they’re being poorly fed and treated in general.”

U.S. Customs and Border Protection took eight days to respond to Texas Monthly’s questions about Rosendorf’s discovery. In a statement this week, a CBP official acknowledged that the agency was detaining migrants outdoors for extended periods.

“During the current crisis, U.S. Border Patrol has had to take extraordinary measures to ensure the safety of our agents and those in our custody. As such, and to avoid severe overcrowding of USBP temporary holding facilities, every available space which provides both freedom of movement, safety, and security for those in our custody are used as necessary,” the official said. “Throughout the intake, processing, and holding of those in our custody, some individuals are being held in an area near the [Paso del Norte)] Bridge … Some of those locations are partially outdoors while still providing relief from sun, wind, and inclement weather.”

The official said CBP tries to make bathing available to detainees. “However, shower facility use is prioritized for children and vulnerable populations. Clothing is changed or provided as necessary and as available.”

Rosendorf said he was able to spend almost fifteen minutes talking to the detained migrants until Border Patrol and CBP officials discovered him and ordered him to leave. The CBP official acknowledged that “staffing shortfalls and conflicts” allowed the government professor to wander through what is supposed to be a secure area. “Unfortunately, this was a rare instance where there was a breakdown in communication and area coverage/relief was not as seamless as it should have been. Local leadership is addressing this issue,” the official said.

CBP previously detained people under the bridge in March and early April but moved the detainees to enclosed conditions after a public outcry over reports of children and pregnant women sleeping on gravel and being bombarded with pigeon droppings. At the time, CBP officials said they were using an area on the east side of the port of entry as a processing center for migrants, preparing them for transfer to other facilities or release. Officials didn’t respond to questions about when they resumed detaining rather than processing people outdoors.

Both Rosendorf and Representative Veronica Escobar, D-El Paso, said they were told by detainees that some people have been held more than a month outdoors. They said they saw only single adults held outside at the bridge. Escobar said she was told most were Cuban men. The report by the Department of Homeland Security Office of Inspector General that triggered Rosendorf’s trip to the bridge was based on an unannounced inspection on May 7 and 8, a little over three weeks before he saw people detained outside.

The report didn’t mention people detained outside. “When we observed conditions and reviewed custody records at the CBP facility at the Paso del Norte Bridge, we did not see evidence at the time of our visit that people were held outside for excessive time periods,” inspector general spokesman Arlen Morales said. “We will be conducting additional unannounced inspections and will continue to report on our observations.”

CBP policies state that people shouldn’t be held for more than three days at its facilities, which generally are small cells designed to keep people for just a few hours while they are processed. But DHS has said its detention arm, Immigration and Customs Enforcement, is at its maximum capacity of about 52,000 because of the ongoing surge of migrants at the border. As a result, CBP is holding more than 30,000 people in its facilities, according to DHS.

Escobar said ICE could alleviate what the inspector general called “dangerous holding conditions” at the Paso del Norte Bridge by releasing more detainees. That would allow CBP to move migrants from the bridge to ICE’s long-term detention facilities so they could begin the asylum process. “I know for a fact that some ICE beds are taken up by people who should be paroled, should be connected to their sponsor, people who are not a threat to America or society, people who are still waiting for the final adjudication on their asylum requests,” she said.

CBP hasn’t said how many people are being held outdoors at the bridge, but Escobar said she saw “at least a couple hundred” when she visited the area on Friday. She said the conditions are straining migrants and border agents.

El Paso’s forecast calls for high temperatures in the upper 90s to low 100s for the next several weeks. In recent days, the makeshift shelters of the people held outdoors have become increasingly visible to pedestrians crossing into the United States on the bridge above. Escobar fears that disaster looms. “As the weather warms up, I am afraid more people will die,” she said. “It’s impossible to control dehydration when you have people in these large groups sitting outside—even when they’re under a shady area.”

This is just horrible.

In such a horrible environment people will die. People only accused of a crime that has not yet been proven.

Emergency shelters with air conditioning is what these people need.

It's absolutely inhumane to treat anyone like this.

What say you NSG?

Illegal aliens: do it the right way. Can't come here legally? Stay out.

American leftist politicians: Quit supporting the violation of the above.

See. Problem solved.
Hail Satan!
Happily married to Roan Cara, The first RL NS marriage, and Pope Joan is my Father-in-law.
I edit my posts to fix typos.

Paddy O Fernature
Postmaster-General

Founded: Sep 30, 2010
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Paddy O Fernature » Sat Jun 22, 2019 7:54 am

Big Jim P wrote:
The Derpy Democratic Republic Of Herp wrote:sause

This is just horrible.

In such a horrible environment people will die. People only accused of a crime that has not yet been proven.

Emergency shelters with air conditioning is what these people need.

It's absolutely inhumane to treat anyone like this.

What say you NSG?

Illegal aliens: do it the right way. Can't come here legally? Stay out.

American leftist politicians: Quit supporting the violation of the above.

See. Problem solved.

Jim 2020.

;)

Rojava Free State wrote:
The Emerald Legion wrote:Also. Fun fact. You can pretty easily gain citizenship in the USA.

Tell that to the Iraq war veterans that were deported from this country. I guess once they weren't killing for oil anymore, our government decided to send them back to honduras to die. Wouldn't be the first time the US screwed over the people it views as expendable heroes

Killing for oil... and here I though people were smart enough to have let that stupid ass fucking meme die already. Guess I was wrong.
Last edited by Paddy O Fernature on Sat Jun 22, 2019 7:58 am, edited 2 times in total.

Proud Co-Founder of The Axis Commonwealth - Would you like to know more?
SJW! Why? Some nobody on the internet who has never met me accused me of being one, so it absolutely MUST be true! *Nod Nod*

Saiwania
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Saiwania » Sat Jun 22, 2019 7:59 am

Rojava Free State wrote:Apparently the president is now arguing that the kids in detention don't need toilets, teeth brushes or soap. Recent investigations of facilities also revealed hordes of sick children who were receiving little, if any medical treatment. At this point anyone who still doesn't view these prisons as a violation of human rights and decency is basically in support of child abuse.

They don't need those things, they can choose to go back to wherever they came from if they're feeling deprived here. Our own homeless don't get nice things. Why should the US have any obligation to support these people when doing so arguably incentizes even more of them to make the trip if word gets back that conditions are nice in the US?
Sith Acolyte
Peace is a lie, there is only passion. Through passion, I gain strength. Through strength, I gain power. Through power, I gain victory. Through victory, my chains are broken!

Paddy O Fernature
Postmaster-General

Postby Paddy O Fernature » Sat Jun 22, 2019 8:07 am

Saiwania wrote:
Rojava Free State wrote:Apparently the president is now arguing that the kids in detention don't need toilets, teeth brushes or soap. Recent investigations of facilities also revealed hordes of sick children who were receiving little, if any medical treatment. At this point anyone who still doesn't view these prisons as a violation of human rights and decency is basically in support of child abuse.

They don't need those things, they can choose to go back to wherever they came from if they're feeling deprived here. Our own homeless don't get nice things. Why should the US have any obligation to support these people when doing so arguably incentizes even more of them to make the trip if word gets back that conditions are nice in the US?

See, I view it more along the lines where they shouldn't be in detention long enough before being deported back home to need such things. Granted, I have not seen the actual source where the President supposedly made the above statements, but I would imagine that it's not an illogical stretch to imagine that in context, that may very well have been what he meant when he spoke.

SJW! Why? Some nobody on the internet who has never met me accused me of being one, so it absolutely MUST be true! *Nod Nod*

Novus America
Post Czar

Founded: Jun 02, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Novus America » Sat Jun 22, 2019 8:18 am

Rojava Free State wrote:

You are eligible for citizenship after severing honorably for enough time.
But if you for some reason decide not to get it, then commit a serious crime, you may be deported but that is on you for well choosing not to complete the citizenship process and then commit a serious crime...

And also it is not like going back to Honduras is instant death either. The vast majority of people in Honduras do not get killed, despite the high crime in parts of it.

So “send them back to Honduras to die” is hyperbole.
It is not like all Hondurans are in death camps or whatever.
___|_|___ _|__*__|_

Zombie Ike/Teddy Roosevelt 2020.

Novus America represents my vision of an awesome Atompunk near future United States of America expanded to the entire North American continent, Guyana and the Philippines. The population would be around 700 million.
Think something like prewar Fallout, minus the bad stuff.

Politically I am an independent. I support what is good for the country, which means I cannot support either party.

The third pirate republic
Lobbyist

Founded: Oct 17, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby The third pirate republic » Sat Jun 22, 2019 8:20 am

We simply dont have the resources to keep this large number
The solution is more funding to border agencies

Saiwania
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Saiwania » Sat Jun 22, 2019 8:24 am

If the US is willing to let its homeless population starve to death to a large extent (which is certainly true where I live) then I'd contend that a good question could be raised as to why the illegal immigrants should be given any extra supports if the homeless citizens aren't, which arguably deserve it more?
Last edited by Saiwania on Sat Jun 22, 2019 8:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
Sith Acolyte

Paddy O Fernature
Postmaster-General

Postby Paddy O Fernature » Sat Jun 22, 2019 8:24 am

The third pirate republic wrote:We simply dont have the resources to keep this large number

Yes, which is why we shouldn't be keeping them for as long as we are in some cases.

Best solution for everyone involved is rapid transportation back to their home country, regardless if the home nation wants them to be returned or not.

Vassenor
Khan of Spam

Founded: Nov 11, 2010
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Vassenor » Sat Jun 22, 2019 8:28 am

The third pirate republic wrote:We simply dont have the resources to keep this large number

Or actually release individuals to their sponsors.
Jenny / Sailor Astraea
WOMAN

MtF trans and proud - She / Her / etc.
100% Asbestos Free

Team Mystic
#iamEUropean

"Have you ever had a moment online, when the need to prove someone wrong has outweighed your own self-preservation instincts?"

Paddy O Fernature
Postmaster-General

Postby Paddy O Fernature » Sat Jun 22, 2019 8:29 am

Vassenor wrote:

I don't think the Democratic party would like truck loads of illegals being dumped on their front lawn Vass.

:lol:

Vassenor
Khan of Spam

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Vassenor » Sat Jun 22, 2019 8:31 am

Paddy O Fernature wrote:
Vassenor wrote:

I don't think the Democratic party would like truck loads of illegals being dumped on their front lawn Vass.

Oh yes, the myth that the DNC is importing people for vague political reasons.

Everybody drink.
Jenny / Sailor Astraea
WOMAN

100% Asbestos Free

Team Mystic
#iamEUropean

"Have you ever had a moment online, when the need to prove someone wrong has outweighed your own self-preservation instincts?"

Telconi
Post Czar

Founded: Oct 08, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Telconi » Sat Jun 22, 2019 8:35 am

Vassenor wrote:
Paddy O Fernature wrote:

Everybody drink.

They are the ones supporting increased immigration, and as a political party, their actions are for political reasons.

But of course it behooves your agenda to call it a "myth" and make a stale joke about drinking.
-2.25 LEFT
-3.23 LIBERTARIAN

PRO:
-Weapons Rights
-Gender Equality
-LGBTQ Rights
-Racial Equality
-Religious Freedom
-Freedom of Speech
-Freedom of Association
-Life
-Limited Government
-Non Interventionism
-Labor Unions
-Environmental Protections
ANTI:
-Racism
-Sexism
-Bigotry In All Forms
-Government Overreach
-Government Surveillance
-Freedom For Security Social Transactions
-Unnecessary Taxes
-Excessively Specific Government Programs
-Foreign Entanglements
-Religious Extremism
-Fascists Masquerading as "Social Justice Warriors"

"The Constitution is NOT an instrument for the government to restrain the people,it is an instrument for the people to restrain the government-- lest it come to dominate our lives and interests." ~ Patrick Henry

Nova Cyberia
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Nova Cyberia » Sat Jun 22, 2019 8:40 am

Vassenor wrote:

Or they could just stop endlessly coming to the border.
Yes, yes, I get it. I'm racist and fascist because I disagree with you. Can we skip that part? I've heard it a million times before and I guarantee it won't be any different when you do it
##############
American Nationalist
Third Positionist Gang

Parcia
Powerbroker

Founded: Feb 11, 2016
Democratic Socialists

Postby Parcia » Sat Jun 22, 2019 8:40 am

Kinda funny people forget that Crossing the Boarder illegally is a Crime, one that you don't have to be a US citizen to be prosecuted for.

Don't get me wrong, these conditions are horrible, and I agree they should be treated better yet at the same time I hold little sympathy for people who commit a crime before they even enter the nation fully.

My Parent's and Grand Parents came here from Cuba legally.
Last edited by Parcia on Sat Jun 22, 2019 8:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
So apparently Cobalt has named me a Cyber terrorist, I honestly don't know to be Honored or offended.
Right leaning Centrist from Florida No I am not The Floridaman...hes my uncle. Other then that dont @ me about politics, im leaving that
hell hole behind until I leave Uni.
I reserve all rights to my posts, OCs, and contributions to any threads I post on.
I'm a Pagan too, figure that shit out!
http://www.threadbombing.com/data/media ... e_Lock.gif storage
Hooyah Navy.

Nova Cyberia
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Nova Cyberia » Sat Jun 22, 2019 8:41 am

Vassenor wrote:
Paddy O Fernature wrote:

Everybody drink.

Voting for Democrats is the job Americans won't do.
##############
American Nationalist
Third Positionist Gang

Parcia
Powerbroker

Founded: Feb 11, 2016
Democratic Socialists

Postby Parcia » Sat Jun 22, 2019 8:46 am

Nova Cyberia wrote:
Vassenor wrote:

Everybody drink.

You know, i hear that a lot and I have yet to really ever find actual proof about it. It Sounds like something that the DNC could do, given its recent past actions, yet at the same time it sounds like some Infowars type shit.
So apparently Cobalt has named me a Cyber terrorist, I honestly don't know to be Honored or offended.
Right leaning Centrist from Florida No I am not The Floridaman...hes my uncle. Other then that dont @ me about politics, im leaving that
hell hole behind until I leave Uni.
I reserve all rights to my posts, OCs, and contributions to any threads I post on.
I'm a Pagan too, figure that shit out!
http://www.threadbombing.com/data/media ... e_Lock.gif storage
Hooyah Navy.

Vassenor
Khan of Spam

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Vassenor » Sat Jun 22, 2019 8:49 am

Nova Cyberia wrote:
Vassenor wrote:

Everybody drink.

Which is why more people voted for Clinton than Trump.

Or why the GOP got demolished at the Midterms.
Jenny / Sailor Astraea
WOMAN

100% Asbestos Free

Team Mystic
#iamEUropean

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General