NATION

PASSWORD

Hoaxes in your area

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)
Astholm
Senator

Founded: Jan 06, 2009
Ex-Nation

Hoaxes in your area

Postby Astholm » Fri Jun 26, 2009 3:50 am

Has your area/region ever had hoaxes?
Well, in North-West and North-East England there've been a few hoaxes perpetrated by local media, including one about Lady GaGa/Gaga (not sure which is correct spelling!)

Any hoaxes notable in your area you'd like to share here? Hoaxes are something I've got an interest in (not creating them, just reading about them!)
[spoiler=About Me]Based on the United Kingdom, but enlarged version with alternate history.
On IIWiki
I have multiple puppets here; only a select few are used to represent the continent of Astholm; others used represent Westholme, and do not artificially boost my nation's statistics.Previously i used puppets with nation names that did not identify as Astholm (e.g. Australis Australia; now all new puppets use ASTHLM, NORTHLM, SOUTHLM, WESTHLM (HLM denoting The Holmes.
NOTE: Other uses of Astholm here have a different continuity and refer to work created by the user Astholm, not the nation

Rejistania
Senator

Founded: Antiquity
Ex-Nation

Re: Hoaxes in your area

Postby Rejistania » Fri Jun 26, 2009 3:54 am

There are crazy (but powerful) people in Germany, who spread the lie about the existence of the 'city' Bielefeld!
Rejis sjiki, linux sjiki, alari sjiki, korona sjiki!
Forever united, forever free, forever in justice, forever prospering!

"Tekneluru mi'aru mi aji, il'sidekhir'ra mi, lajistas. Mi'ki'vasu kynha'het kijitax." Hank͜hila Sede, first lentine (translation: A dream is only a dream until it is reached. After that, it becomes something trivial)

Headlines from the Na~ovi Nanti: Hetkali election ended in no candidate over 2% hurdle - Syku I Jai fired as coach of Aetaila Seli, youth coach Hea I Juien takes over reins of club - Rising number of fairy penguins in Sumumusumu and neighboring islands

This person is pro-EU and proud of it! They are also a Eurofederalist and want the Federated States of Europe!

Astholm
Senator

Founded: Jan 06, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Astholm » Fri Jun 26, 2009 4:16 am

I heard this story going round about Lady GaGa (or is it Lady Gaga?):
Apparently there's doubt over the authenticity of these photos (apparently circulated to multiple media outlets):
People have been questioning its authenticity, and apparently a (small) brouhaha is developing over this.

Anyone else heard this or is it just us British people who know about this?
Last edited by Astholm on Fri Jun 26, 2009 4:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
[spoiler=About Me]Based on the United Kingdom, but enlarged version with alternate history.
On IIWiki
I have multiple puppets here; only a select few are used to represent the continent of Astholm; others used represent Westholme, and do not artificially boost my nation's statistics.Previously i used puppets with nation names that did not identify as Astholm (e.g. Australis Australia; now all new puppets use ASTHLM, NORTHLM, SOUTHLM, WESTHLM (HLM denoting The Holmes.
NOTE: Other uses of Astholm here have a different continuity and refer to work created by the user Astholm, not the nation

Parthenon
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Parthenon » Fri Jun 26, 2009 4:28 am

Who the hell is lady gaga and why does anyone care?
The Parthenese Confederation
Parthenon
Intergallactic Hell
The Bleeding Roses
West Parthenon
Former GDODAD/Metus Member

Pantera
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Pantera » Fri Jun 26, 2009 4:37 am

The only gaga worth mentioning is Queen's Radio Gaga.

The news in the area I live in seem to push the idea that Texas does not, indeed, suck balls to live in. Dunno if that's a 'hoax' or just a terrible lie, but they do it... :(
Tremble with the dawn, for it heralds the Long Night to come...
Tremble, for He brings the darkness as dusk never could...

Fire and Blood.

Yootopia
Powerbroker

Founded: Dec 28, 2005
Ex-Nation

Postby Yootopia » Fri Jun 26, 2009 4:40 am

The Grafton's bar area burning down but mysteriously leaving the BnB still in good repair just after it was bought.
End the Modigarchy now.

Molested Sock
Diplomat

Founded: Apr 13, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Molested Sock » Fri Jun 26, 2009 5:12 am

Parthenon wrote:Who the hell is lady gaga and why does anyone care?

Tramp that got confused for a talented singer.
100% 80% of the time.

Land of greed
Attaché

Founded: Jun 20, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Land of greed » Fri Jun 26, 2009 5:14 am

We have the jackalope

Ashmoria
Post Czar

Founded: Mar 19, 2004
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Ashmoria » Fri Jun 26, 2009 6:53 am

a local man was recently arrested for participating in some kind of nigerian scam that had netted him a huge amount of money. the UPS man turned him in when he realized that the guy was sending out dozens of overnight envelopes at a time.
whatever

Greed and Death
Khan of Spam

Founded: Mar 20, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby Greed and Death » Fri Jun 26, 2009 7:25 am

Ashmoria wrote:a local man was recently arrested for participating in some kind of nigerian scam that had netted him a huge amount of money. the UPS man turned him in when he realized that the guy was sending out dozens of overnight envelopes at a time.

So thats why Is topped getting those letters. Just as I was certain to really get the money this time.
"Trying to solve the healthcare problem by mandating people buy insurance is like trying to solve the homeless problem by mandating people buy a house."(paraphrase from debate with Hilary Clinton)
Barack Obama

Ashmoria
Post Czar

Founded: Mar 19, 2004
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Ashmoria » Fri Jun 26, 2009 7:26 am

greed and death wrote:
Ashmoria wrote:a local man was recently arrested for participating in some kind of nigerian scam that had netted him a huge amount of money. the UPS man turned him in when he realized that the guy was sending out dozens of overnight envelopes at a time.

So thats why Is topped getting those letters. Just as I was certain to really get the money this time.

you should never send money to anyone in socorro nm.
whatever

The Blaatschapen
Technical Moderator

Anarchy

Postby The Blaatschapen » Fri Jun 26, 2009 7:29 am

Rejistania wrote:There are crazy (but powerful) people in Germany, who spread the lie about the existence of the 'city' Bielefeld!

So true, they even made my train stopping in the middle of nowhere claiming it was Bielefeld.
The Blaatschapen should resign

Greed and Death
Khan of Spam

Founded: Mar 20, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby Greed and Death » Fri Jun 26, 2009 7:31 am

Ashmoria wrote:
greed and death wrote:

you should never send money to anyone in socorro nm.

lol. I just sent IOUs
"Trying to solve the healthcare problem by mandating people buy insurance is like trying to solve the homeless problem by mandating people buy a house."(paraphrase from debate with Hilary Clinton)
Barack Obama

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General