NATION

PASSWORD

Hong Kong

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

In retrospect..

The UK was right to handover HK to China
16%
The UK should have kept HK
20%
The UK should have set up HK as an independent, democratic state
60%
Other
4%

Total votes : 1448

Belagia
Lobbyist

Founded: May 01, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Belagia » Tue Aug 13, 2019 7:10 pm

Germanic Templars wrote:With Chinese troops on the boarder to Hong Kong makes you wonder if they are gonna do another Tiananmen Square 1989 event again. If they do, there is gonna be more eyes watching than before.

Hence, we should bomb the ever living shit out of the Chinese troops before they could make any move.

But no. Apparently we have to be restrained and watch Hong Kong burn under it's own written will of living under communist dogs.

UK could've refused, China could've militarized, and we could've had a bigass NATO base with 70 bombers next to China to send a message, and to keep Hong Kong. We could've done this. But no, we had to hand it over to those dog-slaughtering communists.
Last edited by Belagia on Tue Aug 13, 2019 7:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Otira
Envoy

Founded: Jun 25, 2010
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Otira » Tue Aug 13, 2019 7:12 pm

Germanic Templars wrote:With Chinese troops on the boarder to Hong Kong makes you wonder if they are gonna do another Tiananmen Square 1989 event again. If they do, there is gonna be more eyes watching than before.

This time it'll be Tienanmen Squared.

Farnhamia
Game Moderator

Founded: Jun 20, 2006
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Farnhamia » Tue Aug 13, 2019 7:13 pm

Belagia wrote:

Hence, we should bomb the ever living shit out of the Chinese troops before they could make any move.

But no. Apparently we have to be restrained and watch Hong Kong burn under it's own written will of living under communist dogs.

UK could've refused, China could've militarized, and we could've had a bigass NATO base with 70 bombers next to China to send a message, and to keep Hong Kong. We could've done this. But no, we had to hand it over to those dog-slaughtering communists.

Just a pro tip from your friendly neighborhood Mod, knock it off with the "communist dogs" and "dog-slaughtering communists." You can make your points without resorting to low insults.
Make Earth Great Again: Stop Continental Drift!
And Jesus was a sailor when he walked upon the water ...
"Make yourself at home, Frank. Hit somebody." RIP Don Rickles
My country, right or wrong; if right, to be kept right; and if wrong, to be set right. ~ Carl Schurz
<Sigh> NSG...where even the atheists are Augustinians. ~ The Archregimancy
Now the foot is on the other hand ~ Kannap
RIP Dyakovo ... Ashmoria (Freedom ... or cake)
This is the eighth line. If your signature is longer, it's too long.

Belagia
Lobbyist

Ex-Nation

Postby Belagia » Tue Aug 13, 2019 7:13 pm

Otira wrote:

If it happens...

Opium Wars 2.0. With napalm. And B-2's. And Fire-bombing.

Belagia
Lobbyist

Ex-Nation

Postby Belagia » Tue Aug 13, 2019 7:17 pm

Farnhamia wrote:
Belagia wrote:

Just a pro tip from your friendly neighborhood Mod, knock it off with the "communist dogs" and "dog-slaughtering communists." You can make your points without resorting to low insults.

I apologize, however not enough tough language is used against a regime which brutally oppresses religious and ethnic groups while enslaving countries to it's economic tentacles and totalitarian machina.

This is what happens when the rest of the world "dislikes" the USA. You enable an oppressive regime like the PRC by making them seem as the hero, allowing them to get away with crimes against humanity in the modern times.

We should just bomb the Chinese until they give up their will to govern anymore. Fracture China into several different states and let the ROC take back what is rightfully theirs.

Sorry, but this could've all been prevented if the UK kept Hong Kong and allowed NATO to build a gigantic military base in HK to fend China off.

Farnhamia
Game Moderator

Postby Farnhamia » Tue Aug 13, 2019 7:18 pm

Belagia wrote:
Farnhamia wrote:Just a pro tip from your friendly neighborhood Mod, knock it off with the "communist dogs" and "dog-slaughtering communists." You can make your points without resorting to low insults.

I apologize, however not enough tough language is used against a regime which brutally oppresses religious and ethnic groups while enslaving countries to it's economic tentacles and totalitarian machina.

This is what happens when the rest of the world "dislikes" the USA. You enable an oppressive regime like the PRC by making them seem as the hero, allowing them to get away with crimes against humanity in the modern times.

We should just bomb the Chinese until they give up their will to govern anymore. Fracture China into several different states and let the ROC take back what is rightfully theirs.

Sorry, but this could've all been prevented if the UK kept Hong Kong and allowed NATO to build a gigantic military base in HK to fend China off.

You want to go troll the Chinese? Do it somewhere else.
My country, right or wrong; if right, to be kept right; and if wrong, to be set right. ~ Carl Schurz

Belagia
Lobbyist

Ex-Nation

Postby Belagia » Tue Aug 13, 2019 7:21 pm

Farnhamia wrote:
Belagia wrote:

You want to go troll the Chinese? Do it somewhere else.

Not troll the Chinese. I just want to see them fuck off from Hong Kong, which is rightfully it's own land. But no, too many diplomats are absolute light-weights in this scenario.

Farnhamia
Game Moderator

Postby Farnhamia » Tue Aug 13, 2019 7:21 pm

Belagia wrote:
Farnhamia wrote:You want to go troll the Chinese? Do it somewhere else.

Not troll the Chinese. I just want to see them fuck off from Hong Kong, which is rightfully it's own land. But no, too many diplomats are absolute light-weights in this scenario.

Just be careful of your language.

Bombadil
Post Marshal

Founded: Oct 13, 2011
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Bombadil » Tue Aug 13, 2019 7:22 pm

Otira wrote:

This time it'll be Tiananmen Squared.

The general feeling here, I think, is that China won't interfere except as a last resort. I think the greater danger is the anger and nationalism they're whipping up in China itself. I suspect most of their video releases showing police and military build up is aimed more at China than at HK exactly.

Ultimately they're probably more focused on containment than sending in the troops.
Eldest, that's what I am...Tom remembers the first raindrop and the first acorn...he knew the dark under the stars when it was fearless — before the Dark Lord came from Outside..

十年

Greed and Death
Khan of Spam

Founded: Mar 20, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby Greed and Death » Tue Aug 13, 2019 8:12 pm

Likely but much worse. I may have been selling the college kids weapons. Including Atomic Annie.
"Trying to solve the healthcare problem by mandating people buy insurance is like trying to solve the homeless problem by mandating people buy a house."(paraphrase from debate with Hilary Clinton)
Barack Obama

Nova Cyberia
Senator

Founded: May 06, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Nova Cyberia » Tue Aug 13, 2019 8:14 pm

Bombadil wrote:
Otira wrote:
This time it'll be Tiananmen Squared.

The general feeling here, I think, is that China won't interfere except as a last resort. I think the greater danger is the anger and nationalism they're whipping up in China itself. I suspect most of their video releases showing police and military build up is aimed more at China than at HK exactly.

Ultimately they're probably more focused on containment than sending in the troops.

Hong Kong's extremely important to China economically. It wouldn't be surprising if they rolled the troops in and we got Tiananmen Square Part.
Yes, yes, I get it. I'm racist and fascist because I disagree with you. Can we skip that part? I've heard it a million times before and I guarantee it won't be any different when you do it
##############
American Nationalist
Third Positionist Gang

Electic
Envoy

Founded: Aug 10, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Electic » Tue Aug 13, 2019 8:15 pm

Novus America wrote:
Electic wrote:
I don't think anyone can know that for sure. And I'm currently enjoying the market upturn after a half-decade of hell in my personal life. I would take some pretty congruent arguments and data to change my mind.

Long term survival is more important than immediate comfort.
And the US is actually the least dependent on trade of any major economy.
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of ... -GDP_ratio

Trade is only one factor though. The issue of China dumping their Treasury holdings of U.S. debt, if their economy tumbles, would be a worst-case scenario for the U.S. consumer economy and have severe consequences for the dollar. If you don't survive in the short-term, the long game doesn't matter I'm afraid.

Nakena wrote:
Electic wrote:I don't dispute that. I'd personally prefer to let the UK handle this.
(Image)
But some of the protesters do, and are making overtures to America

I'd still say it may be a literal false flag may have been orchestrated by the bolshevists to make the protestors look like tools of american imperialism. Its not hard to answer that question, if this shows up in mainland media, theres a fair chance (33-66%) for it to be the case. If it doesnt its unlikely to be an false flag.

Its a possibility. Would need to find some information pointing to this idea, to making it more likely.
Last edited by Electic on Tue Aug 13, 2019 8:24 pm, edited 2 times in total.
I'm a proud member of the Dark Light Family

Rojava Free State
Post Marshal

Founded: Feb 06, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Rojava Free State » Tue Aug 13, 2019 8:37 pm

Otira wrote:

More like Tiananmen cubed
Rojava Free State wrote:Listen yall. I'm only gonna say it once but I want you to remember it. This ain't a world fit for good men. It seems like you gotta be monstrous just to make it. Gotta have a little bit of darkness within you just to survive. You gotta stoop low everyday it seems like. Stoop all the way down to the devil in these times. And then one day you look in the mirror and you realize that you ain't you anymore. You're just another monster, and thanks to your actions, someone else will eventually become as warped and twisted as you. Never forget that the best of us are just the best of a bad lot. Being at the top of a pile of feces doesn't make you anything but shit like the rest. Never forget that.

Nakena
Post Marshal

Founded: May 06, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Nakena » Tue Aug 13, 2019 8:40 pm

Rojava Free State wrote:
Otira wrote:

Nah it's hip to be square.

It's not just about the pleasures of conformity, and the importance of trends...

Belagia
Lobbyist

Ex-Nation

Postby Belagia » Tue Aug 13, 2019 8:53 pm

Rojava Free State wrote:
Otira wrote:

And then America will come in and turn all of China into Tiananmen Graham'd.

Don't worry, 100 million people is considered rookie numbers in Chinese History. Coincidentally, 100 million is also a B-2 pilot's wet dream.

Just imagine if Chinese troops stepped a single foot into HK, and the next day the Yangtze is filled with burning Napalm :rofl: :clap:
Last edited by Belagia on Tue Aug 13, 2019 8:54 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Electic
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Electic » Tue Aug 13, 2019 8:57 pm

Belagia wrote:
Rojava Free State wrote:

Don't worry, 100 million people is considered rookie numbers in Chinese History. Coincidentally, 100 million is also a B-2 pilot's wet dream.

Just imagine if Chinese troops stepped a single foot into HK, and the next day the Yangtze is filled with burning Napalm :rofl: :clap:

You seem to really enjoy the hypothetical death of Chinese troops/people :eyebrow:
Last edited by Electic on Tue Aug 13, 2019 8:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Belagia
Lobbyist

Ex-Nation

Postby Belagia » Tue Aug 13, 2019 9:01 pm

Electic wrote:
Belagia wrote:

You seem to really enjoy the hypothetical death of Chinese troops/people.

Well I enjoy thinking about a couple of ways in getting those communist pigs to finally shut the fuck up about how they're "mighty and powerful" when they can't even tame a tiny damn island like Hong Kong, which is the last-standing bastion of Democracy among the barbarically ruled lands of China. Sometimes in History they just gotta have something like this as a rude awakening to what they've been doing.

Electic
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Electic » Tue Aug 13, 2019 9:10 pm

Belagia wrote:
Well I enjoy thinking about a couple of ways in getting those communist pigs to finally shut the fuck up about how they're "mighty and powerful" when they can't even tame a tiny damn island like Hong Kong, which is the last-standing bastion of Democracy among the barbarically ruled lands of China. Sometimes in History they just gotta have something like this as a rude awakening to what they've been doing.

Isn't that a petty thing though? Most posts I've seen here are here in support of Hong Kong remaining free. But yours talk repeatedly about nuking, bombing, and otherwise killing human beings (soldiers, civilians, Hong Kongers). Is that constructive, or winning anyone to the side of the"last-standing bastion of Democracy" you say is important?
Last edited by Electic on Tue Aug 13, 2019 9:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Neko-koku
Minister

Founded: Jul 29, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Neko-koku » Tue Aug 13, 2019 9:17 pm

Nova Cyberia wrote:
Bombadil wrote:

Hong Kong's extremely important to China economically. It wouldn't be surprising if they rolled the troops in and we got Tiananmen Square Part.

I suspect that PRC is going to abolish autonomy of Hong Kong altogether and use Singapore as its latest main front organization.
We are mutant Japanese kitty cats that have taken over a post-human world which was destroyed due to human hatred towards other humans.

Neko-koku
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Neko-koku » Tue Aug 13, 2019 9:20 pm

Electic wrote:
Belagia wrote:

Isn't that a petty thing though? Most posts I've seen here are here in support of Hong Kong remaining free. But yours talk repeatedly about nuking, bombing, and otherwise killing human beings (soldiers, civilians, Hong Kongers). Is that constructive, or winning anyone to the side of the"last-standing bastion of Democracy" you say is important?

Blood is unavoidable in democratizing pretty much any country. In the case of the most historically statist high culture ever, China, it is impossible to do it without major bloodshed. However it still does not require something as deadly as American nuking of China.

P.S. I do have a feeling that both international elites and communists in China want to depopulate China and exterminate most ethnic Chinese worldwide.
Last edited by Neko-koku on Tue Aug 13, 2019 9:24 pm, edited 2 times in total.
We are mutant Japanese kitty cats that have taken over a post-human world which was destroyed due to human hatred towards other humans.

Farnhamia
Game Moderator

Postby Farnhamia » Tue Aug 13, 2019 9:23 pm

Belagia wrote:
Electic wrote:You seem to really enjoy the hypothetical death of Chinese troops/people.

*** Warned for trolling. ***

It's not as if I didn't try to convince you to tone down your language.

Bombadil
Post Marshal

Founded: Oct 13, 2011
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Bombadil » Tue Aug 13, 2019 9:23 pm

Again, China's primary foreign policy objective is reunification with Taiwan. Aside from historical and political reasons, Taiwan also serves to secure control of the South China Sea.

How they handle HK will very much influence how Taiwan plays out. Move in and crush protests and Taiwan is lost, meaning it would require military force to reunite.

History might review this as a lost cause stand for a small island of 7 million citizens or the spark for something far far worse.
Eldest, that's what I am...Tom remembers the first raindrop and the first acorn...he knew the dark under the stars when it was fearless — before the Dark Lord came from Outside..

十年

Neko-koku
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Neko-koku » Tue Aug 13, 2019 9:25 pm

Bombadil wrote:Again, China's primary foreign policy objective is reunification with Taiwan. Aside from historical and political reasons, Taiwan also serves to secure control of the South China Sea.

How they handle HK will very much influence how Taiwan plays out. Move in and crush protests and Taiwan is lost, meaning it would require military force to reunite.

History might review this as a lost cause stand for a small island of 7 million citizens or the spark for something far far worse.

Translation: The most important foreign policy objective of the so-called PRC is to vanquish freedom and prosperity in the only liberal democratic ethnic Chinese entity, Taiwan.

OK. Of course they want that...for the PRC is an enemy of all ethnic Chinese and in fact all of humanity.
Last edited by Neko-koku on Tue Aug 13, 2019 9:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Neko-koku
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Neko-koku » Tue Aug 13, 2019 9:29 pm

Bombadil wrote:Again, China's primary foreign policy objective is reunification with Taiwan. Aside from historical and political reasons, Taiwan also serves to secure control of the South China Sea.

As far as I know, the PLA is corrupt as hell and probably can't fight effectively. PLA definitely does not have the ability to occupy Vietnam for example. However ROCAF isn't really an effective armed force either and that Taiwanese don't seem a lot less servile than Chinese elsewhere so occupation of Taiwan may actually work.
Last edited by Neko-koku on Tue Aug 13, 2019 9:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Nakena
Post Marshal

Founded: May 06, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Nakena » Tue Aug 13, 2019 9:58 pm

Like what? Confrontation with the ROC remnant anytime soon?

Its a frightening thought.
Last edited by Nakena on Tue Aug 13, 2019 9:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General