NATION

PASSWORD

MAGAThread XVI: Raising the Barr

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

Gormwood
Postmaster-General

Founded: Mar 25, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Gormwood » Tue Sep 10, 2019 12:34 pm

Drunkerland wrote:Can just imagine Trump doing his "your fired " line.

Pffft, he had to Tweet it for safety.
Bloodthirsty savages who call for violence against the Right while simultaneously being unarmed defenseless sissies who will get slaughtered by the gun-toting Right in a civil war.
Breath So Bad, It Actually Drives People Mad

Gormwood
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Gormwood » Tue Sep 10, 2019 12:35 pm

Proctopeo wrote:
Vassenor wrote:
Three Obama terms.

And if the Will of the People mattered Trump never would've been President.

And Sanders would've been the Democratic nominee instead of Clinton.

Oh, that Primaries Were Rigged fairy tale again. Remember Ron Paul's Presidency?
Bloodthirsty savages who call for violence against the Right while simultaneously being unarmed defenseless sissies who will get slaughtered by the gun-toting Right in a civil war.

Proctopeo
Postmaster-General

Founded: Sep 26, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Proctopeo » Tue Sep 10, 2019 12:37 pm

Gormwood wrote:
Proctopeo wrote:And Sanders would've been the Democratic nominee instead of Clinton.

Oh, that Primaries Were Rigged fairy tale again. Remember Ron Paul's Presidency?

There was no rigging, there was no Sanders. Only Clinton. Hail Clinton.
Arachno-anarchism || NO GODS NO MASTERS || Free NSG Odreria

Gormwood
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Gormwood » Tue Sep 10, 2019 12:39 pm

Proctopeo wrote:
Gormwood wrote:Oh, that Primaries Were Rigged fairy tale again. Remember Ron Paul's Presidency?

There was no rigging, there was no Sanders. Only Clinton. Hail Clinton.

Aren't you busy hailing Trump unironically?

Proctopeo
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Proctopeo » Tue Sep 10, 2019 12:40 pm

Gormwood wrote:
Proctopeo wrote:There was no rigging, there was no Sanders. Only Clinton. Hail Clinton.

Aren't you busy hailing Trump unironically?

No, no I am not. Nice try at deflecting, though uwu~

Aureumterra
Powerbroker

Founded: Oct 25, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Aureumterra » Tue Sep 10, 2019 12:42 pm

And Rachel Maddow has sided with Bolton

Why am I not surprised?
NS Parliament: Aditya Sriraam - Unity and Consolidation Party
Latin American Political RP
RightValues
Icelandic Civic Nationalist and proud
I’m your average Íslandic NS player
I DO NOT USE NS STATS!
A 12 civilization, according to this index.
Scary Right Wing Capitalist who thinks the current state of the world (before the pandemic) is the best it had been

Gormwood
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Gormwood » Tue Sep 10, 2019 12:42 pm

Proctopeo wrote:
Gormwood wrote:Aren't you busy hailing Trump unironically?

No, no I am not. Nice try at deflecting, though uwu~

Nothing substantial to deflect there, just a wishful repetition of a discredited story.

Gormwood
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Gormwood » Tue Sep 10, 2019 12:44 pm

Aureumterra wrote:And Rachel Maddow has sided with Bolton

Why am I not surprised?

Since when did you actually watch Maddow? It's not like Donny would appoint a competent impartial replacement.

Telconi
Post Czar

Founded: Oct 08, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Telconi » Tue Sep 10, 2019 12:45 pm

Gormwood wrote:
Vassenor wrote:
Three Obama terms.

But the current Jenga Tower of corruption and incompetence was clearly worth telling Hillary to suck dick and owning the libs.

Your sexual fantasies aside, essentially yes.
-2.25 LEFT
-3.23 LIBERTARIAN

PRO:
-Weapons Rights
-Gender Equality
-LGBTQ Rights
-Racial Equality
-Religious Freedom
-Freedom of Speech
-Freedom of Association
-Life
-Limited Government
-Non Interventionism
-Labor Unions
-Environmental Protections
ANTI:
-Racism
-Sexism
-Bigotry In All Forms
-Government Overreach
-Government Surveillance
-Freedom For Security Social Transactions
-Unnecessary Taxes
-Excessively Specific Government Programs
-Foreign Entanglements
-Religious Extremism
-Fascists Masquerading as "Social Justice Warriors"

"The Constitution is NOT an instrument for the government to restrain the people,it is an instrument for the people to restrain the government-- lest it come to dominate our lives and interests." ~ Patrick Henry

Nakena
Post Marshal

Founded: May 06, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Nakena » Tue Sep 10, 2019 12:49 pm

Why am I not surprised?

Their true allegiances are being revealed.

Aureumterra
Powerbroker

Founded: Oct 25, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Aureumterra » Tue Sep 10, 2019 12:50 pm

Nakena wrote:

Why am I not surprised?

Rachel Maddow is like your average r/politics poster, oppose everything Trump does

If Trump cured cancer, she would be whining about cancer cell abuse
NS Parliament: Aditya Sriraam - Unity and Consolidation Party
Latin American Political RP
RightValues
Icelandic Civic Nationalist and proud
I’m your average Íslandic NS player
I DO NOT USE NS STATS!
A 12 civilization, according to this index.
Scary Right Wing Capitalist who thinks the current state of the world (before the pandemic) is the best it had been

Gormwood
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Gormwood » Tue Sep 10, 2019 12:50 pm

Nakena wrote:

Why am I not surprised?

Declaration without source, like Donny negotiating with Jyna and the Taliban.

Vassenor
Khan of Spam

Founded: Nov 11, 2010
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Vassenor » Tue Sep 10, 2019 12:57 pm

Proctopeo wrote:
Vassenor wrote:
Three Obama terms.

And Sanders would've been the Democratic nominee instead of Clinton.

How would he have done that when she got several million more votes than him in the primaries?
Jenny / Sailor Astraea
WOMAN

MtF trans and proud - She / Her / etc.
100% Asbestos Free

Team Mystic
#iamEUropean

"Have you ever had a moment online, when the need to prove someone wrong has outweighed your own self-preservation instincts?"

Proctopeo
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Proctopeo » Tue Sep 10, 2019 12:57 pm

Gormwood wrote:
Proctopeo wrote:No, no I am not. Nice try at deflecting, though uwu~

Nothing substantial to deflect there, just a wishful repetition of a discredited story.

Discredited? Yeah, sure.

Vassenor
Khan of Spam

Founded: Nov 11, 2010
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Vassenor » Tue Sep 10, 2019 12:58 pm

Proctopeo wrote:
Gormwood wrote:Nothing substantial to deflect there, just a wishful repetition of a discredited story.

Discredited? Yeah, sure.

When one of the people pushing it admits they made it up to sell their book, it tends to get pretty discredited.
Jenny / Sailor Astraea
WOMAN

MtF trans and proud - She / Her / etc.
100% Asbestos Free

Team Mystic
#iamEUropean

"Have you ever had a moment online, when the need to prove someone wrong has outweighed your own self-preservation instincts?"

Page
Post Marshal

Founded: Jan 12, 2012
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Page » Tue Sep 10, 2019 12:58 pm

Surkiea II wrote:
The Black Forrest wrote:
:rofl:

Ready to have everybody else’s children fight his wars is not heroic.

Wanting to put America first and protecting everything we hold dear is heroic. Sorry to burst your leftist bubble.

Because if not for the neocons, Iran would have brought their fleet of aircraft carriers across the Atlantic and nuked the East Coast with their ICBM's and the Ayatollah would be ruling over Missouri right now. Presumably the Venezuelans would have conquered Texas and North Korea would have California. Come on.

America's endless wars do absolutely nothing for regular Americans. The only ones who benefit are the military industrial complex, and I don't give a shit if war profiteers lose all the money they hold dear.
Anarcho-Communist Against: Bolsheviks, Fascists, TERFs, Putin, Autocrats, Conservatives, Ancaps, Bourgeoisie, Bigots, Liberals, Maoists

I don't believe in kink-shaming unless your kink is submitting to the state.

Antityranicals
Minister

Founded: May 18, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Antityranicals » Tue Sep 10, 2019 1:00 pm

Vassenor wrote:
Proctopeo wrote:Discredited? Yeah, sure.

When one of the people pushing it admits they made it up to sell their book, it tends to get pretty discredited.

Rigging the primaries is certainly the sort of thing that Democrats would do, that much is for sure... As for whether or not it is true, I don't know.
Compass: Right: 9.94, Libertarian: -5.84
Catholic Libertarian. Gov't has no authority, all authority is from God. God grants us free will, gov't should not infringe upon it. Legislating morality is wrong. Only exception is protecting rights to life, liberty, and property. Abortion is killing an infant, one of the few things gov't should prevent. Pro-Trump, he's been an effective weapon against real enemies of freedom: The Left, but I wish he were more for free trade, more against deficits. Unrestrained capitalism is a great thing; it does wonders for standards of living of everyone, especially the poor.
HS student in the USA. Male. XC runner, 17:30 5k, 4:59 mile. I enjoy singing, sushi, eating large quantities of food, and eating large quantities of sushi.

Gormwood
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Gormwood » Tue Sep 10, 2019 1:00 pm

Proctopeo wrote:
Gormwood wrote:Nothing substantial to deflect there, just a wishful repetition of a discredited story.

Discredited? Yeah, sure.

Jesus Christ, Charlie.

Nakena
Post Marshal

Founded: May 06, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Nakena » Tue Sep 10, 2019 1:03 pm

According to the NYT, Trump was tired of Bolton's warmongery.

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/09/10/us/p ... trump.html

Page
Post Marshal

Founded: Jan 12, 2012
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Page » Tue Sep 10, 2019 1:07 pm

Why am I not surprised?

This is what the media does these days. Anyone who has beef with Trump, they put on a pedestal. Trump beefs with the CIA, MSNBC says anyone who doesn't unconditionally trust the CIA is a Russian troll. Trump negotiates with North Korea, CNN says invade North Korea. Just last week that prick Scaramucci was having his ass kissed all over TV for talking shit about Trump.

A broken clock is right twice a day but if the broken clock called Donald Trump says that serial killers are bad, you can count on Rachel Maddow to say that serial killers are good.
Anarcho-Communist Against: Bolsheviks, Fascists, TERFs, Putin, Autocrats, Conservatives, Ancaps, Bourgeoisie, Bigots, Liberals, Maoists

I don't believe in kink-shaming unless your kink is submitting to the state.

Gormwood
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Gormwood » Tue Sep 10, 2019 1:08 pm

Page wrote:

Why am I not surprised?

This is what the media does these days. Anyone who has beef with Trump, they put on a pedestal. Trump beefs with the CIA, MSNBC says anyone who doesn't unconditionally trust the CIA is a Russian troll. Trump negotiates with North Korea, CNN says invade North Korea. Just last week that prick Scaramucci was having his ass kissed all over TV for talking shit about Trump.

A broken clock is right twice a day but if the broken clock called Donald Trump says that serial killers are bad, you can count on Rachel Maddow to say that serial killers are good.

Still no source on the Maddow claim.

The Black Forrest
Khan of Spam

Founded: Antiquity
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby The Black Forrest » Tue Sep 10, 2019 1:09 pm

Why am I not surprised?

:blink:

Ok. Explain.
*I am a master proofreader after I click Submit.
* There is actually a War on Christmas. But Christmas started it, with it's unparalleled aggression against the Thanksgiving Holiday, and now Christmas has seized much Lebensraum in November, and are pushing into October. The rest of us seek to repel these invaders, and push them back to the status quo ante bellum Black Friday border. -Trotskylvania
* Silence Is Golden But Duct Tape Is Silver.
* I felt like Ayn Rand cornered me at a party, and three minutes in I found my first objection to what she was saying, but she kept talking without interruption for ten more days. - Max Barry talking about Atlas Shrugged

The Black Forrest
Khan of Spam

Founded: Antiquity
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby The Black Forrest » Tue Sep 10, 2019 1:12 pm

Surkiea II wrote:
The Black Forrest wrote:
:rofl:

Ready to have everybody else’s children fight his wars is not heroic.

Wanting to put America first and protecting everything we hold dear is heroic. Sorry to burst your leftist bubble.

Oh I doubt you even understand what it is to be American. You are probably all for war as long as you don’t have to fight.
*I am a master proofreader after I click Submit.
* There is actually a War on Christmas. But Christmas started it, with it's unparalleled aggression against the Thanksgiving Holiday, and now Christmas has seized much Lebensraum in November, and are pushing into October. The rest of us seek to repel these invaders, and push them back to the status quo ante bellum Black Friday border. -Trotskylvania
* Silence Is Golden But Duct Tape Is Silver.
* I felt like Ayn Rand cornered me at a party, and three minutes in I found my first objection to what she was saying, but she kept talking without interruption for ten more days. - Max Barry talking about Atlas Shrugged

GlobalControl
Diplomat

Founded: Feb 26, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby GlobalControl » Tue Sep 10, 2019 1:14 pm

Bolton is gone? Good.
One less warhawk.

Saiwania wrote:John Bolton's war mongering is actually good in my view. We shouldn't avoid wars, provided the opponent is projected to be weak enough to take on. We obviously can't invade China but Venezuela is probably ripe for conquest if we were just willing to go ahead (assuming no other nations try intervening).

All of Venezuela's neighbors don't appreciate the migration problems they're having as a result of the Maduro regime's mismanagement. We should invade to depose him, especially if there is a replacement that can readily take charge of that country. With a new regime, most of the Venezuelans that've moved can return home if that economy stabilizes under new leadership.

No, we really shouldn't.

Wanting to start wars with anyone is a bad idea in general, especially nations that are not only dirt poor, but aren't going to take US occupation lightly or well at all. We shouldn't be pursuing conflicts that will lead to nothing good in the end, and the use of arms is a last resort, not a go-to.

Wasting tax dollars and lives for useless invasions like one of Venezuela would be is one of the reasons I'm glad Warhawks and Corrupt Politicians get removed from power.
The Anderan Confederacy
Historical Archive: The Long War | BlueBox Comms

OOC:
2014-2023 | Veteran of NS, formerly cringe, currently 'tired and apathetic'. | I am, unfortunately, a furry.| If you don't want a cat to scratch your furniture, don't get a cat. | If it weren't obvious NS Stats are not canon.
Discord: voxapollyon

Gormwood
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Gormwood » Tue Sep 10, 2019 1:15 pm

The Black Forrest wrote:
Surkiea II wrote:Wanting to put America first and protecting everything we hold dear is heroic. Sorry to burst your leftist bubble.

Oh I doubt you even understand what it is to be American. You are probably all for war as long as you don’t have to fight.

He's a troll who got DEATed for doing the same thing before.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General