NATION

PASSWORD

MAGAThread XVI: Raising the Barr

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

Chan Island
Negotiator

Founded: Nov 26, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Chan Island » Tue Sep 10, 2019 10:41 am

Good. That warmongering scum is a terrible influence everywhere he goes.
viewtopic.php?f=20&t=513597&p=39401766#p39401766
Conserative Morality wrote:"It's not time yet" is a tactic used by reactionaries in every era. "It's not time for democracy, it's not time for capitalism, it's not time for emancipation." Of course it's not time. It's never time, not on its own. You make it time. If you're under fire in the no-man's land of WW1, you start digging a foxhole even if the ideal time would be when you *aren't* being bombarded, because once you wait for it to be 'time', other situations will need your attention, assuming you survive that long. If the fields aren't furrowed, plow them. If the iron is not hot, make it so. If society is not ready, change it.

The Black Forrest
Khan of Spam

Founded: Antiquity
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby The Black Forrest » Tue Sep 10, 2019 10:47 am

Never trusted anybody who was so ready for war when they don’t have to be directly involved.

It’s good he is gone.

Trump in typical fashion is spinning it as it’s all about him. The probably had a disagreement which got ugly; Bolton probably offered to resign and in typical Trump fashion he sent out tweets before Bolton was supposed to be on TV.

Ever the nasty little twat.
Last edited by The Black Forrest on Tue Sep 10, 2019 11:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
*I am a master proofreader after I click Submit.
* There is actually a War on Christmas. But Christmas started it, with it's unparalleled aggression against the Thanksgiving Holiday, and now Christmas has seized much Lebensraum in November, and are pushing into October. The rest of us seek to repel these invaders, and push them back to the status quo ante bellum Black Friday border. -Trotskylvania
* Silence Is Golden But Duct Tape Is Silver.
* I felt like Ayn Rand cornered me at a party, and three minutes in I found my first objection to what she was saying, but she kept talking without interruption for ten more days. - Max Barry talking about Atlas Shrugged

Zurkerx
Retired Moderator

Founded: Jan 20, 2011
Anarchy

Postby Zurkerx » Tue Sep 10, 2019 10:47 am

LiberNovusAmericae wrote:This is a good thing, as Bolton wants to start a war. I don't think this will have an effect though, as foreign policy is still controlled by Trump, and he is very inconsistent.

Yeah, it's good he's gone but Trump's foreign policy is indeed, very inconsistent.
A Golden Civic: The New Pragmatic Libertarian
My Words: Indeed, Indubitably & Malarkey
Retired Admin in NSGS and NS Parliament

Accountant, Author, History Buff, Political Junkie
“Has ambition so eclipsed principle?” ~ Mitt Romney
"Try not to become a person of success, but rather try to become a person of value." ~ Albert Einstein
"Trust, but verify." ~ Ronald Reagan

Grand Britannia
Postmaster-General

Founded: Apr 15, 2012
Capitalizt

Postby Grand Britannia » Tue Sep 10, 2019 10:49 am

The Derpy Democratic Republic Of Herp wrote:"OnLy HiGherS tHe BeSt PeOpLe"

Hires*
ଘ( ˘ ᵕ˘)つ----x .*・。゚・ᵕ

Gormwood
Postmaster-General

Founded: Mar 25, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Gormwood » Tue Sep 10, 2019 10:51 am

The Black Forrest wrote:Never trusted anybody who was so ready for war when they don’t have to be directly involved.

It’s good he is gone.

Trump in typical fashion is spinning it as it’s all about him. The probably had a disagreement which go ugly; Bolton probably offered to resign and in typical Trump fashion he sent out tweets before Bolton was supposed to be on TV.

Ever the nasty little twat.

Petty is as petty does.
Bloodthirsty savages who call for violence against the Right while simultaneously being unarmed defenseless sissies who will get slaughtered by the gun-toting Right in a civil war.
Breath So Bad, It Actually Drives People Mad

Gormwood
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Gormwood » Tue Sep 10, 2019 11:04 am

I predict Donny will try to replace Bolton with Colonel Sanders. "He has military experience, he's a kernel, the best!"
Bloodthirsty savages who call for violence against the Right while simultaneously being unarmed defenseless sissies who will get slaughtered by the gun-toting Right in a civil war.

-Ocelot-
Minister

Founded: Jun 14, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby -Ocelot- » Tue Sep 10, 2019 11:05 am

What caused this severance of the Lannister and Bolton ties?
Last edited by -Ocelot- on Tue Sep 10, 2019 11:06 am, edited 2 times in total.

The Black Forrest
Khan of Spam

Postby The Black Forrest » Tue Sep 10, 2019 11:07 am

-Ocelot- wrote:What caused this abrupt ending between the Lannister and Bolton ties?

House Lannister probably had plans to money launder some hotel deal in Afghanistan and did not like House Bolton being against any talks.
* There is actually a War on Christmas. But Christmas started it, with it's unparalleled aggression against the Thanksgiving Holiday, and now Christmas has seized much Lebensraum in November, and are pushing into October. The rest of us seek to repel these invaders, and push them back to the status quo ante bellum Black Friday border. -Trotskylvania
* I felt like Ayn Rand cornered me at a party, and three minutes in I found my first objection to what she was saying, but she kept talking without interruption for ten more days. - Max Barry talking about Atlas Shrugged

The Liberated Territories
Postmaster-General

Founded: Dec 03, 2013
Capitalizt

Postby The Liberated Territories » Tue Sep 10, 2019 11:07 am

Zurkerx wrote:
LiberNovusAmericae wrote:This is a good thing, as Bolton wants to start a war. I don't think this will have an effect though, as foreign policy is still controlled by Trump, and he is very inconsistent.

Yeah, it's good he's gone but Trump's foreign policy is indeed, very inconsistent.

Better inconsistent than consistently bad
Left Wing Market Anarchism

Yes, I am back(ish)

The Etetrnal Reich of Totsdam
Political Columnist

Founded: Mar 21, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby The Etetrnal Reich of Totsdam » Tue Sep 10, 2019 11:09 am

Good riddance one war monger down plenty more to go.

Surkiea II
Bureaucrat

Founded: Aug 27, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Surkiea II » Tue Sep 10, 2019 11:23 am

John Bolton was a hero who tried to put America's interests first and has challenged our enemies on the international stage, what trump has done is absolute bullshit and goes against our values as a superpower.

The Black Forrest
Khan of Spam

Postby The Black Forrest » Tue Sep 10, 2019 11:25 am

Surkiea II wrote:John Bolton was a hero who tried to put America's interests first and has challenged our enemies on the international stage, what trump has done is absolute bullshit and goes against our values as a superpower.

:rofl:

Ready to have everybody else’s children fight his wars is not heroic.
Last edited by The Black Forrest on Tue Sep 10, 2019 11:26 am, edited 1 time in total.

The Rapture Republic
Diplomat

Founded: Dec 07, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby The Rapture Republic » Tue Sep 10, 2019 11:31 am

Huzzah!
Rapture City

• In the underwater city, two roles have emerged from the City's ongoing civil war: the City Monitors who defend the peace and the Red Caps who fight against unjust systems. The city's infrastructure is crumbling under its own weight and kinship is snuffed by the paranoia of totalitarianism. Yet the people would be in for a surprise as their virtual overlord have died many years ago as the oppression continues under his name...
  • Not an 1-1 exact replica of Bioshock lore and Rapture City. Only the city's atmosphere and setting is maintained.

Zhivotnoye
Spokesperson

Founded: May 15, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Zhivotnoye » Tue Sep 10, 2019 11:32 am

About time he kicked him out.

Myrensis
Negotiator

Founded: Oct 05, 2010

Postby Myrensis » Tue Sep 10, 2019 11:33 am

On the one hand, Bolton us a warmongering asshole who measures the success of his foreign policy by numbers of flag draped coffins.

On the other hand we have a President who fired his National Security Advisor for objecting to hosting the Taliban in the US for peace talks on the anniversary of 9/11.

Truly a fucked up timeline we live in.

Surkiea II
Bureaucrat

Ex-Nation

Postby Surkiea II » Tue Sep 10, 2019 11:36 am

The Black Forrest wrote:
Surkiea II wrote:John Bolton was a hero who tried to put America's interests first and has challenged our enemies on the international stage, what trump has done is absolute bullshit and goes against our values as a superpower.

Wanting to put America first and protecting everything we hold dear is heroic. Sorry to burst your leftist bubble.

The Huskar Social Union
Khan of Spam

Founded: Apr 04, 2012
Left-wing Utopia

Postby The Huskar Social Union » Tue Sep 10, 2019 11:38 am

Your blades were not so sharp after all Mr Bolton.
Irish Nationalist from Belfast / Leftwing / Atheist / Alliance Party voter
"I never thought in terms of being a leader, i thought very simply in terms of helping people" - John Hume 1937 - 2020

I like Miniature painting, Tanks, English Gals, Video games and most importantly Cheese.

Gormwood
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Gormwood » Tue Sep 10, 2019 11:39 am

Surkiea II wrote:
The Black Forrest wrote:

Wanting to put America first and protecting everything we hold dear is heroic. Sorry to burst your leftist bubble.

The Iraqi Occupation was a smashing success now? Oh right, recent account. Totally not trying to stir shit up.
Last edited by Gormwood on Tue Sep 10, 2019 11:39 am, edited 1 time in total.

The Liberated Territories
Postmaster-General

Founded: Dec 03, 2013
Capitalizt

Postby The Liberated Territories » Tue Sep 10, 2019 11:40 am

Surkiea II wrote:
The Black Forrest wrote:

Invading other countries is nor putting America first.
Left Wing Market Anarchism

Yes, I am back(ish)

The Rapture Republic
Diplomat

Founded: Dec 07, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby The Rapture Republic » Tue Sep 10, 2019 11:42 am

Gormwood wrote:
Surkiea II wrote:Wanting to put America first and protecting everything we hold dear is heroic. Sorry to burst your leftist bubble.

The Iraqi Occupation was a smashing success now? Oh right, recent account. Totally not trying to stir shit up.

Don’t forget Syria, Libya and the thousands of other countries saved by American intervention! Truly a smashing success! I can hear them chant USA! USA! After overthrowing there alledged tyrannical governments, who dared defied the almighty dollar! :lol2:
Last edited by The Rapture Republic on Tue Sep 10, 2019 11:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
Rapture City

• In the underwater city, two roles have emerged from the City's ongoing civil war: the City Monitors who defend the peace and the Red Caps who fight against unjust systems. The city's infrastructure is crumbling under its own weight and kinship is snuffed by the paranoia of totalitarianism. Yet the people would be in for a surprise as their virtual overlord have died many years ago as the oppression continues under his name...
  • Not an 1-1 exact replica of Bioshock lore and Rapture City. Only the city's atmosphere and setting is maintained.

Surkiea II
Bureaucrat

Ex-Nation

Postby Surkiea II » Tue Sep 10, 2019 11:43 am

Gormwood wrote:
Surkiea II wrote:Wanting to put America first and protecting everything we hold dear is heroic. Sorry to burst your leftist bubble.

Yes it was, we toppled a brutal dictator and brought democracy and capitalism to the region. Our only mistake was leaving to early without establishing a stable government. Unless you thought the invasion was bad?

Gormwood
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Gormwood » Tue Sep 10, 2019 11:44 am

The Rapture Republic wrote:
Gormwood wrote:The Iraqi Occupation was a smashing success now? Oh right, recent account. Totally not trying to stir shit up.

Don’t forget Syria, Libya and the thousands of other countries saved by American intervention! Truly a smashing success! I can hear them chant USA! USA!

Nobody, not even right-wingers here have unironically said Bolton was doing a good job without trolling.

Surkiea II
Bureaucrat

Ex-Nation

Postby Surkiea II » Tue Sep 10, 2019 11:44 am

The Liberated Territories wrote:

Destroying threats to our national security and defending our allies is actually.

Takso
Spokesperson

Founded: Aug 15, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Takso » Tue Sep 10, 2019 11:46 am

Surkiea II wrote:
The Liberated Territories wrote:

Destroying threats to our national security and defending our allies is actually.

War is sometimes necessary, but using it as a go-to option will have the opposite effect. You piss off the world, and you'll find you have way more national security threats and far less allies. Better to exhaust peaceful diplomatic solutions before resorting to violence.

Surkiea II
Bureaucrat

Ex-Nation

Postby Surkiea II » Tue Sep 10, 2019 11:51 am

Takso wrote:
Surkiea II wrote:Destroying threats to our national security and defending our allies is actually.

War is sometimes necessary, but using it as a go-to option will have the opposite effect. You piss off the world, and you'll find you have way more national security threats and far less allies. Better to exhaust peaceful diplomatic solutions before resorting to violence.

Diplomatic solutions are no use with North Korea, Syria, Iran, Venezuela, Russia or China, they've openly expressed that they want to slaughter every last American man, woman and child. This can't be tolerated and if Trump had balls he would actually do something about it and not pussyfoot around like a coward.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General