NATION

PASSWORD

Absolutely American Terror Territory

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

Duhon
Senator

Founded: Nov 21, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Duhon » Sun Jun 02, 2019 4:03 am

Latin Islands wrote:What if I, er, someone is no longer using a social media site account? Also, will they guarantee complete data security and privacy? This arrangement seems to be unnecessarily risky, considering that this will involve big data.

I presume you'll have to remember everything and leave nothing, or else you're bait. Or do that and still be bait, because Stephen Miller is nothing if he ain't Stephen Miller.

Vassenor
Khan of Spam

Founded: Nov 11, 2010
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Vassenor » Sun Jun 02, 2019 4:03 am

Duhon wrote:
The Huskar Social Union wrote:Thats a stupid amount of information to hand over, who the fuck is gona remember all of their social media profiles, phone number and email addresses from the last five years?

No one. Hence the Evangelion reference -- just as no human nor human instrument on earth (save the Jet Alone, and that ate up a country's worth of power) can penetrate an Absolute Terror Field, so this is for Miller's purposes.

...I think you mixed up two episodes there.
Jenny / Sailor Astraea
WOMAN

MtF trans and proud - She / Her / etc.
100% Asbestos Free

Team Mystic
#iamEUropean

"Have you ever had a moment online, when the need to prove someone wrong has outweighed your own self-preservation instincts?"

Duhon
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Duhon » Sun Jun 02, 2019 4:07 am

Vassenor wrote:
Duhon wrote:
No one. Hence the Evangelion reference -- just as no human nor human instrument on earth (save the Jet Alone, and that ate up a country's worth of power) can penetrate an Absolute Terror Field, so this is for Miller's purposes.

...I think you mixed up two episodes there.

Maybe -- it's been a while since I felt the urge to kick myself upside the head -- but point made, no?

Arisylia
Political Columnist

Founded: Jun 01, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Arisylia » Sun Jun 02, 2019 4:08 am

>Comply with the law, digging up all the emails you can.
>Forget about one little website you joined for one day
>DEPORTED

Aclion
Negotiator

Founded: Apr 12, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Aclion » Sun Jun 02, 2019 4:13 am

The Huskar Social Union wrote:Thats a stupid amount of information to hand over, who the fuck is gona remember all of their social media profiles, phone number and email addresses from the last five years?

Fuck i can't even remember all the nationstates account's i've made this year.
A popular Government, without popular information, or the means of acquiring it, is but a Prologue to a Farce or a Tragedy; or, perhaps both. - James Madison.

Latin Islands
Envoy

Founded: Nov 29, 2017
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Latin Islands » Sun Jun 02, 2019 4:17 am

Duhon wrote:
Latin Islands wrote:What if I, er, someone is no longer using a social media site account? Also, will they guarantee complete data security and privacy? This arrangement seems to be unnecessarily risky, considering that this will involve big data.

I presume you'll have to remember everything and leave nothing, or else you're bait. Or do that and still be bait, because Stephen Miller is nothing if he ain't Stephen Miller.

If they really wanted to take a peek at and judge my scandalous private life, they could have just called my manager and set up an interview session with me. I have an image to protect, for my sponsors and ever-adoring fans!

/s
Last edited by Latin Islands on Sun Jun 02, 2019 4:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
IC:
The Federation of Latin Islands
"D'un océan à l'autre"
A parliamentary democracy in The West Pacific.
OOC:
Have you experienced something so nostalgic that it hurts?
Likes animated series. Dislikes overgeneralizations.

Duhon
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Duhon » Sun Jun 02, 2019 4:21 am

Latin Islands wrote:
Duhon wrote:

If they really wanted to take a peek at and judge my scandalous private life, they could have just called my manager and set up an interview session with me. I have an image to protect, for my sponsors and ever-adoring fans!

/s

Or you could take a pic of yourself, send it Stephen Miller's way, and have him decide that, as a Latino (who knows if you are), you're fit only to pick up trash elsewhere, preferably far, far away from him.

Chan Island
Negotiator

Founded: Nov 26, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Chan Island » Sun Jun 02, 2019 4:41 am

This wouldn't affect me because American citizenship but this is simply madness trying to think up of absolutely every single website I've signed up for in the past 5 years. Multiple work emails that are now defunct, a Twitter account I haven't logged into in years, a super market's crappy version of google plus because one time I needed wifi to contact somebody and an account on Academia.edu because I needed sources for university projects.

This is like the American tax code all over again. A completely impossible task (unless you have a cadre of lawyers and accountants to do it for you) that is only really done the way it is so that if the government needs to go after somebody they just comb over their details, inevitably find one I that doesn't have a dot and then punish you for it.

It's stuff like this that honestly is making me trend towards the thought that the US might not be a democracy anymore.
Last edited by Chan Island on Sun Jun 02, 2019 4:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
viewtopic.php?f=20&t=513597&p=39401766#p39401766
Conserative Morality wrote:"It's not time yet" is a tactic used by reactionaries in every era. "It's not time for democracy, it's not time for capitalism, it's not time for emancipation." Of course it's not time. It's never time, not on its own. You make it time. If you're under fire in the no-man's land of WW1, you start digging a foxhole even if the ideal time would be when you *aren't* being bombarded, because once you wait for it to be 'time', other situations will need your attention, assuming you survive that long. If the fields aren't furrowed, plow them. If the iron is not hot, make it so. If society is not ready, change it.

Big Jim P
Khan of Spam

Founded: Antiquity
Ex-Nation

Postby Big Jim P » Sun Jun 02, 2019 4:43 am

Chan Island wrote:This wouldn't affect me because American citizenship but this is simply madness trying to think up of absolutely every single website I've signed up for in the past 5 years. Multiple work emails that are now defunct, a Twitter account I haven't logged into in years, a super market's crappy version of google plus because one time I needed wifi to contact somebody and an account on Academia.edu because I needed sources for university projects.

This is like the American tax code all over again. A completely impossible task (unless you have a cadre of lawyers and accountants to do it for you) that is only really done the way it is so that if the government needs to go after somebody they just comb over their details, inevitably find one I that doesn't have a dot and then punish you for it.

It's stuff like this that honestly is making me trend towards the thought that the US might not be a democracy anymore.

We never were a democracy. We have always been a Republic.
Hail Satan!
Happily married to Roan Cara, The first RL NS marriage, and Pope Joan is my Father-in-law.
I edit my posts to fix typos.

Arisylia
Political Columnist

Founded: Jun 01, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Arisylia » Sun Jun 02, 2019 4:46 am

Big Jim P wrote:
Chan Island wrote:This wouldn't affect me because American citizenship but this is simply madness trying to think up of absolutely every single website I've signed up for in the past 5 years. Multiple work emails that are now defunct, a Twitter account I haven't logged into in years, a super market's crappy version of google plus because one time I needed wifi to contact somebody and an account on Academia.edu because I needed sources for university projects.

You seem to be sliding down the slope towards an Autocracy, though.

Vassenor
Khan of Spam

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Vassenor » Sun Jun 02, 2019 4:47 am

Big Jim P wrote:

Oh right, I forgot people think those two are mutually exclusive purely because they want to be able to ignore the views of anyone who doesn't agree with them.
Jenny / Sailor Astraea
WOMAN

100% Asbestos Free

Team Mystic
#iamEUropean

"Have you ever had a moment online, when the need to prove someone wrong has outweighed your own self-preservation instincts?"

Duhon
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Duhon » Sun Jun 02, 2019 4:48 am

Big Jim P wrote:

So being a republic means you get to be unreasonable because FREEDOM?!?

Chan Island
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Chan Island » Sun Jun 02, 2019 4:49 am

Big Jim P wrote:

Those are not mutually exclusive. The US was a democrat republic- but now it is shifting towards becoming an autocratic one.
Conserative Morality wrote:"It's not time yet" is a tactic used by reactionaries in every era. "It's not time for democracy, it's not time for capitalism, it's not time for emancipation." Of course it's not time. It's never time, not on its own. You make it time. If you're under fire in the no-man's land of WW1, you start digging a foxhole even if the ideal time would be when you *aren't* being bombarded, because once you wait for it to be 'time', other situations will need your attention, assuming you survive that long. If the fields aren't furrowed, plow them. If the iron is not hot, make it so. If society is not ready, change it.

Vassenor
Khan of Spam

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Vassenor » Sun Jun 02, 2019 4:50 am

Chan Island wrote:
Big Jim P wrote:

Those are not mutually exclusive. The US was a democrat republic- but now it is shifting towards becoming an autocratic one.

It wouldn't surprise me if Trump tries to turn it into a monarchy at this point.
Jenny / Sailor Astraea
WOMAN

100% Asbestos Free

Team Mystic
#iamEUropean

Chan Island
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Chan Island » Sun Jun 02, 2019 5:01 am

Vassenor wrote:
Chan Island wrote:

It wouldn't surprise me if Trump tries to turn it into a monarchy at this point.

It strongly looks like the Southern District of New York police department is going to haul in a lot of evidence of financial crimes the moment Trump is no longer president. Honestly, the rhetoric the man's been putting out about not leaving if he loses by a small margin is both rational in those circumstances and deeply, deeply troubling.

Duhon
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Duhon » Sun Jun 02, 2019 5:06 am

Duhon wrote:
Big Jim P wrote:

So being a republic means you get to be unreasonable because FREEDOM?!?

Lemme put it this way, as it might seem to you and others as a random cheap shot (well it is, but this ain't just a cheap shot) -- given that not a few of us here would already run afoul of the guidelines thus set despite our evident lack of bad intentions, maybe Miller (for at this desiccated stage it is only Miller who matters) should make obtaining a visa more manageable?

If it isn't your job to be reasonable, why not just shoot to kill every foreigner who so much as touch any American make? At the very least, make the impossibility something no dastardly foreigner can make up for.

Big Jim P
Khan of Spam

Ex-Nation

Postby Big Jim P » Sun Jun 02, 2019 5:10 am

Vassenor wrote:
Big Jim P wrote:

Oh right, I forgot people think those two are mutually exclusive purely because they want to be able to ignore the views of anyone who doesn't agree with them.

Sounds like the radical left and dems these days.
Hail Satan!
Happily married to Roan Cara, The first RL NS marriage, and Pope Joan is my Father-in-law.

Big Jim P
Khan of Spam

Ex-Nation

Postby Big Jim P » Sun Jun 02, 2019 5:11 am

Vassenor wrote:
Chan Island wrote:

:rofl:

I recall similar things being said about obama. Bullshit then, bullshit now.
Hail Satan!

Ethel mermania
Post Overlord

Founded: Aug 20, 2010
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Ethel mermania » Sun Jun 02, 2019 7:31 am

Duhon wrote:
Dooom35796821595 wrote:
A very un-American statement.

To expand on this: In what possible universe is calling people "undesirable" for not doing the impossible things you yourself set justified?

How is giving a facebook profile, a Twitter handle, and an address book over to INS impossible?

They are trying to prevent folks coming over who are terrorists or potential terrorists threats. Probably part of the reaction to the San bernadino shootings.
Last edited by Ethel mermania on Sun Jun 02, 2019 7:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
https://www.hvst.com/posts/the-clash-of ... s-wl2TQBpY

The West won the world not by the superiority of its ideas or values or religion … but rather by its superiority in applying organized violence. Westerners often forget this fact; non-Westerners never do.
--S. Huntington

The most fundamental problem of politics is not the control of wickedness but the limitation of righteousness. 

--H. Kissenger

Aureumterra
Powerbroker

Founded: Oct 25, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Aureumterra » Sun Jun 02, 2019 7:35 am

Guess the next time I’m gonna have to app for a visa in the US, officer’s gonna have to look at pages of me ranting on NSG, war RPs, and screaming on discord
NS Parliament: Aditya Sriraam - Unity and Consolidation Party
Latin American Political RP
RightValues
Icelandic Civic Nationalist and proud
I’m your average Íslandic NS player
I DO NOT USE NS STATS!
A 12 civilization, according to this index.
Scary Right Wing Capitalist who thinks the current state of the world (before the pandemic) is the best it had been

Ethel mermania
Post Overlord

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Ethel mermania » Sun Jun 02, 2019 7:36 am

Vassenor wrote:
Chan Island wrote:

Since I believe part of this is sincere it just goes to validate why your posts on America are mostly safe to be ignored.

That said, I would be totally for it, you know cause I would totally tap either melina or Ivanka, and we already know Ivanka digs jews.

The West won the world not by the superiority of its ideas or values or religion … but rather by its superiority in applying organized violence. Westerners often forget this fact; non-Westerners never do.
--S. Huntington

The most fundamental problem of politics is not the control of wickedness but the limitation of righteousness. 

--H. Kissenger

Ethel mermania
Post Overlord

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Ethel mermania » Sun Jun 02, 2019 7:44 am

Chan Island wrote:
Vassenor wrote:

It strongly looks like the Southern District of New York police department is going to haul in a lot of evidence of financial crimes the moment Trump is no longer president. Honestly, the rhetoric the man's been putting out about not leaving if he loses by a small margin is both rational in those circumstances and deeply, deeply troubling.

SDNY, is the federal prosecutors office, uses the FBI (which is who you want if you are going after accounting issues).
NYPD, is the local cops and goes to the local county DA's

Carry on.
Last edited by Ethel mermania on Sun Jun 02, 2019 7:58 am, edited 1 time in total.

--S. Huntington

--H. Kissenger

New Bremerton
Ambassador

Founded: Jul 20, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby New Bremerton » Sun Jun 02, 2019 7:58 am

This coming from the same president who recently vowed to investigate account suspensions and deletions of right-wing users by social media platforms on the grounds of political ideology, backed by conservatives who seek to make platform access a civil right, an idea I wholly support. Anyone who threatens net neutrality, free speech and online privacy, whether it's tech companies, Trump, Democrats or Republicans, is my enemy as far as I'm concerned, and I don't trust any of them to actually take our online rights seriously. Politically, I'm on the fence right now. Either way, I have no plans to emigrate to the USA any time soon, but suppose I were to change my mind for whatever reason? Not likely, but not impossible.

Does this regulation also apply to tourist visas? If so, that would give a really bad impression to those whose intention is merely to go sightseeing and leave with a more positive opinion of America.
LIBERA TE TUTEMET EX INFERIS (Liberate yourself from hell)
Alt of Glorious Hong Kong

Trollzyn the Infinite
Negotiator

Founded: Aug 22, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Trollzyn the Infinite » Sun Jun 02, 2019 8:13 am

Stupid.
☆ American Patriot ☆ Civic Nationalist ☆ Rocker & Metalhead ☆ Heretical Christian ☆
"My country, right or wrong; if right, to be kept right; and if wrong, to be set right."

Reminder that Donald J. Trump is officially a traitor to the United States of America as of January 6th, 2021
The Paradox of Tolerance
永远不会忘记1989年6月4日天安门广场大屠杀
Ես Արցախի կողքին եմ
Wanted Fugitive of the Chinese Communist Party
Unapologetic stan for Lana Beniko - #1 Sith Waifu

The Galactic Liberal Democracy
Minister

Founded: Jun 13, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby The Galactic Liberal Democracy » Sun Jun 02, 2019 8:17 am

Stupid in the dumbest of ways, although it's not like people deserve privacy or the ability to travel to a free country.
NOT STORMTROOPERS
Cossack Khanate wrote:This shall forever be known as World War Sh*t: Newark Aggression. Now if I see one more troop deployed, I will call on the force of all the Hindu gods to reverse time and wipe your race of the face of the planet. Cease.

The Black Party wrote:(TBP kamikaze's into all 99999999999 nukes before they hit our territory because we just have that many pilots ready to die for dah blak regime, we also counter-attack into your nation with our entire population of 45 million because this RP allows it.)

El-Amin Caliphate wrote:Galatic Liberal Democracy short-circuits all of NS with FACTS and LOGIC

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General