NATION

PASSWORD

What would God have to do to convince YOU of His existence?

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

Badb Catha
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Mar 28, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Badb Catha » Fri May 24, 2019 4:27 pm

UIJ wrote:which god

Obviously I'd prefer him to just show up one day and prove it

but that's not gunna happen because muh book says so

But even then, he could suck my dick because fuck em, you don't just get away with giving my cat cancer, fucker.

God does not give anyone cancer. Your anger and hatred is misplaced.
Neo-Fascist
Eastern Christian
Spiritualist
Environmentalist
Ultranationalist

UIJ
Ambassador

Founded: Oct 16, 2014
Libertarian Police State

Postby UIJ » Fri May 24, 2019 4:27 pm

Badb Catha wrote:
UIJ wrote:which god

Obviously I'd prefer him to just show up one day and prove it

but that's not gunna happen because muh book says so

But even then, he could suck my dick because fuck em, you don't just get away with giving my cat cancer, fucker.

right exactly, because he's not real, thank you
I am tired of summies :alas:
Pro: you reading my lore and getting kinda sad, maybe a lil glum, then seeing the Hooshers and getting a lil happy, ☣️☢️☣️

Anti: anyone under the age of 20, summies, generic boring nations, super tryhard edgelord nations, NSG, NSGers (all of them)

New Legland
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Apr 21, 2017
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby New Legland » Fri May 24, 2019 4:28 pm

He'd probably have to pull something major off that could be witnessed by everyone in the world, since that would fix the unreliability of anecdotal evidence and remove any chance of it being mass hysteria or a coincidence. I'd also like an explanation for any scientific inaccuracies and contradictions in his holy text, depending on which god he is.

Fixing the link in the OP would also be nice.
Last edited by New Legland on Fri May 24, 2019 4:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Palmyrion
Minister

Founded: Mar 04, 2015
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Palmyrion » Fri May 24, 2019 4:28 pm

Show to the entirety of humanity. Leave tangible and solid proof on Earth. It's that simple.
__PALMYRION: INTO THE PALMYRO-VERSE__
Greater Dienstad (NSMT) | Kali Yuga (Hard MT) | Dark Lightshow (2100s PMT) | Niteo (AD 5000 FT) | Screwed Reality
Diplomatic Outreach Programme | The Dozen Giants | Storefront | Discord Server
A 15.83 civilization, according to this index.

NS stats have been [REDACTED] into a [DATA EXPUNGED].
Ostroeuropa refuses to answer this question: do women deserve equal rights in your opinion?

Badb Catha
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Mar 28, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Badb Catha » Fri May 24, 2019 4:29 pm

UIJ wrote:
Badb Catha wrote:

right exactly, because he's not real, thank you

If you are not going to debate in a mature fashion, why are you here?
Neo-Fascist
Eastern Christian
Spiritualist
Environmentalist
Ultranationalist

UIJ
Ambassador

Libertarian Police State

Postby UIJ » Fri May 24, 2019 4:31 pm

Badb Catha wrote:
UIJ wrote:right exactly, because he's not real, thank you

OP asked a question, I answered it. What is there to debate?
Pro: you reading my lore and getting kinda sad, maybe a lil glum, then seeing the Hooshers and getting a lil happy, ☣️☢️☣️

Anti: anyone under the age of 20, summies, generic boring nations, super tryhard edgelord nations, NSG, NSGers (all of them)

New Legland
Chargé d'Affaires

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby New Legland » Fri May 24, 2019 4:32 pm

Hammer Britannia wrote:
Ard al Islam wrote:
Your first point is correct. Indeed, early forms of paper were around for them to write down the scripture. But my second point is correct. The Muslims DID indeed introduce paper to the world. The Chinse invented it the best version of it, true, but what did they do with it? They hoarded it. They did not give their secrets of paper-making to Europe. The Chinese kept it for themselves.

The Muslim Empire was so large, it stretched all the way to China. The Chinese and Muslims fought on a few occasions. During these wars, the Muslims discovered the Chinese secret of paper-making. After learning this, they quickly spread the secret throughout their empire and to Europe as well. Muslims loved to acquire and spread knowledge, per God's instructions. That's why they were the forefront of scientific research and similar fields for centuries, while Europe in the Dark Ages severely lacked behind in information. It wasn't until the Renaissance that Europe surpassed the Ottoman Empire as the most knowledgeable society.

So next time you read a book, remember, Muslims made it possible.

No, I'm going to thank the Chinese.

This is like thanking White People for Imperialism when empire building has existed since Egyptian Times. And books existed since the said Ancient Egyptians, they just weren't written on paper, they were written on parchment.

The only thing the Muslim Civilization was good at was taking ideas from the Indians, Chinese, and cultures of the past and spreading it to the world. They were mear vendors and collectors and to thank them for anything is like thanking Walmart for having chips.

Double post

Hammer Britannia
Negotiator

Founded: Oct 08, 2016
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Hammer Britannia » Fri May 24, 2019 4:37 pm

UIJ wrote:
Badb Catha wrote:

OP asked a question, I answered it. What is there to debate?

On whether or not "Reason X" is a good reason to believe in Yahweh

Personally, I think all of the reasons here besides "taking it on faith" is utter bullshit (and even then, I believe that argument is a bit iffy). After all, all evidence for a higher creator does not point to any particular god being right.

Every message needs a message maker, sure let's say that's correct. How does that prove the god of the Jews/Christians? It doesn't, someone could make an equally valid argument for my Gods, Hinduism, Buddhism, Heathenism, Animism, etc.
All shall tremble before me

Ard al Islam
Ambassador

Founded: Apr 14, 2019
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Ard al Islam » Fri May 24, 2019 4:40 pm

Highever wrote:
Ard al Islam wrote:
Your first point is correct. Indeed, early forms of paper were around for them to write down the scripture. But my second point is correct. The Muslims DID indeed introduce paper to the world. The Chinse invented it the best version of it, true, but what did they do with it? They hoarded it. They did not give their secrets of paper-making to Europe. The Chinese kept it for themselves.

The Muslim Empire was so large, it stretched all the way to China. The Chinese and Muslims fought on a few occasions. During these wars, the Muslims discovered the Chinese secret of paper-making. After learning this, they quickly spread the secret throughout their empire and to Europe as well. Muslims loved to acquire and spread knowledge, per God's instructions. That's why they were the forefront of scientific research and similar fields for centuries, while Europe in the Dark Ages severely lacked behind in information. It wasn't until the Renaissance that Europe surpassed the Ottoman Empire as the most knowledgeable society.

So next time you read a book, remember, Muslims made it possible.

Thats....not true at all. You're trying to construct some sort of narrative where the Chinese were evil and in no way did paper making spread until the Muslims arrived, which is false. Long before the Muslims paper making was around in Vietnam, India, SE Asia, Japan, Korea, and parts of central Asia. That is hardly them keeping it to themselves. Paper making techniques didnt travel to Europe because they simply were far to distant and not have widespread contact at the time. Paper making did spread to Europe through the Muslims however, because they brought it with them to ther conquests in Iberia which in turn came from their conquests of central Asia.

However, even before that, there was papyrus and other scrollwork found throughout Europe from the Egyptians.

Modern papermaking did come to Europe through Muslim conquest this is true, as it finally brought a stable and significant connection between the two. This narrative however that Chinese are evil and selfish people is simply disingenuous.

Ok, you are wrong. Muslims DID learn the Chinese papermaking technique and spread it across the world.

UIJ
Ambassador

Libertarian Police State

Postby UIJ » Fri May 24, 2019 4:41 pm

Hammer Britannia wrote:
UIJ wrote:OP asked a question, I answered it. What is there to debate?

On whether or not "Reason X" is a good reason to believe in Yahweh

Personally, I think all of the reasons here besides "taking it on faith" is utter bullshit (and even then, I believe that argument is a bit iffy). After all, all evidence for a higher creator does not point to any particular god being right.

Every message needs a message maker, sure let's say that's correct. How does that prove the god of the Jews/Christians? It doesn't, someone could make an equally valid argument for my Gods, Hinduism, Buddhism, Heathenism, Animism, etc.

Again, OP asked a question, I answered it. No one is entitled to a serious debate (let alone a debate in general), as such I have no reason to waste time butting heads with people who are already firm in their beliefs. What is he going to do, cite the bible and faith, while i spew out countless stupid articles? What a waste of time.

Hammer Britannia
Negotiator

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Hammer Britannia » Fri May 24, 2019 4:42 pm

Ard al Islam wrote:
Highever wrote:Thats....not true at all. You're trying to construct some sort of narrative where the Chinese were evil and in no way did paper making spread until the Muslims arrived, which is false. Long before the Muslims paper making was around in Vietnam, India, SE Asia, Japan, Korea, and parts of central Asia. That is hardly them keeping it to themselves. Paper making techniques didnt travel to Europe because they simply were far to distant and not have widespread contact at the time. Paper making did spread to Europe through the Muslims however, because they brought it with them to ther conquests in Iberia which in turn came from their conquests of central Asia.

However, even before that, there was papyrus and other scrollwork found throughout Europe from the Egyptians.

Modern papermaking did come to Europe through Muslim conquest this is true, as it finally brought a stable and significant connection between the two. This narrative however that Chinese are evil and selfish people is simply disingenuous.

Ok, you are wrong. Muslims DID learn the Chinese papermaking technique and spread it across the world.

OK, and?

That doesn't mean the Chinese were hoarders. Or that the Zoroastrians wouldn't have done it through the magic of the Silk Road. Or that I need to thank a bunch of Dog-hating Imperialists for the magic of paper.

New Legland
Chargé d'Affaires

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby New Legland » Fri May 24, 2019 4:42 pm

Ard al Islam wrote:
Highever wrote:Thats....not true at all. You're trying to construct some sort of narrative where the Chinese were evil and in no way did paper making spread until the Muslims arrived, which is false. Long before the Muslims paper making was around in Vietnam, India, SE Asia, Japan, Korea, and parts of central Asia. That is hardly them keeping it to themselves. Paper making techniques didnt travel to Europe because they simply were far to distant and not have widespread contact at the time. Paper making did spread to Europe through the Muslims however, because they brought it with them to ther conquests in Iberia which in turn came from their conquests of central Asia.

That's... what they said.

Hammer Britannia
Negotiator

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Hammer Britannia » Fri May 24, 2019 4:43 pm

UIJ wrote:
Hammer Britannia wrote:On whether or not "Reason X" is a good reason to believe in Yahweh

Again, OP asked a question, I answered it. No one is entitled to a serious debate (let alone a debate in general), as such I have no reason to waste time butting heads with people who are already firm in their beliefs. What is he going to do, cite the bible and faith, while i spew out countless stupid articles? What a waste of time.

This is fair enough. Most Christians/Jews/Muslims point to their holy book as evidence for their Gods and you can't really argue against someone who's using a "Totally True" book. *Shrug*

Inkopolitia
Diplomat

Founded: Mar 06, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Inkopolitia » Fri May 24, 2019 4:44 pm

I'd have him in front of me in a room full of witnesses. Then, to prove his existence, i'd ask him to make Nintendo release Splatoon 3 (It isn't an actual game yet) using whatever time traveling magic he has
squid
female who is (unapologetically) in love with females ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
5.75, -5.33

Highever
Ambassador

Founded: Dec 21, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Highever » Fri May 24, 2019 4:45 pm

Ard al Islam wrote:

No, they spread it to Europe. It was already prevalent in Asia long before then. Like these are objective truths from what we know in archaeology, I dont know what to tell you.
Last edited by Highever on Fri May 24, 2019 4:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ΦΣK
⚦ Through the souls of your brothers and sisters I take My place amongst the Three; through their pleasure I ascend my Throne. Pleasure, for Pleasure's sake! ⚦
Remember Bloody Sunday
A wise man once said, ("We all dead, fuck it")
There's something in the water
Jolthig wrote:Use Soresu and not Juyo.
Charlie Chaplin wrote:Nothing is permanent in this wicked world, not even our troubles.

Hammer Britannia
Negotiator

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Hammer Britannia » Fri May 24, 2019 4:45 pm

Inkopolitia wrote:I'd have him in front of me in a room full of witnesses. Then, to prove his existence, i'd ask him to make Nintendo release Splatoon 3 (It isn't an actual game yet) using whatever time traveling magic he has

Picky, eh?

Hammer Britannia
Negotiator

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Hammer Britannia » Fri May 24, 2019 4:46 pm

Highever wrote:
Ard al Islam wrote:

No, they spread it to Europe. It was already prevalent in Asia long before then.

Then those Europeans spread it to America!

Thanks Christians!

Ard al Islam
Ambassador

Founded: Apr 14, 2019
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Ard al Islam » Fri May 24, 2019 4:47 pm

Highever wrote:
Ard al Islam wrote:

No, they spread it to Europe. It was already prevalent in Asia long before then. Like these are objective truths from what we know in archaeology, I dont know what to tell you.

Well then, you are correct. I had misread your former posts. Indeed, the West was introduced to Chinse papermaking techniques through the Muslms.

Inkopolitia
Diplomat

Founded: Mar 06, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Inkopolitia » Fri May 24, 2019 4:48 pm

Hammer Britannia wrote:
Inkopolitia wrote:I'd have him in front of me in a room full of witnesses. Then, to prove his existence, i'd ask him to make Nintendo release Splatoon 3 (It isn't an actual game yet) using whatever time traveling magic he has

Picky, eh?

I'm a picky one indeed.
squid
female who is (unapologetically) in love with females ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
5.75, -5.33

Highever
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Highever » Fri May 24, 2019 4:49 pm

Ard al Islam wrote:
Highever wrote:No, they spread it to Europe. It was already prevalent in Asia long before then. Like these are objective truths from what we know in archaeology, I dont know what to tell you.

Well then, you are correct. I had misread your former posts. Indeed, the West was introduced to Chinse papermaking techniques through the Muslms.

Yes, I fully admitted that. That is no secret.

I disagreed with your disingenuous amd exaggerated narrative that no one but evil China knew about paper and refused to spread it until the Muslims came around and that the whole world only got it after this and that the muslims introduced it to the entire world themselves.
ΦΣK
⚦ Through the souls of your brothers and sisters I take My place amongst the Three; through their pleasure I ascend my Throne. Pleasure, for Pleasure's sake! ⚦
Remember Bloody Sunday
Charlie Chaplin wrote:Nothing is permanent in this wicked world, not even our troubles.

Country of CityTowne
Attaché

Founded: Mar 31, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Country of CityTowne » Fri May 24, 2019 4:50 pm

Highever wrote:
Country of CityTowne wrote: :clap:

Finally someone with common sense besides the atheists on this thread who also have common sense!

I mean it might not be proof to you and I but to those beleive it isnt about proof, it's about faith.

I mean faith doesn't do anything, proof allows you to make logical conclusions based off of evidence. Faith allows you to believe things no matter how much proof is against it.
An effectively neutral person founded on effectively neutral philosophy. OOC
Tier 8, Level 0, Type 6. CCT is a 10.5 civilization, according to this index.
Economic Left/Right: 6.5
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: 7.82
Economic Left/Right: 1.2
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -1.45

Hammer Britannia
Negotiator

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Hammer Britannia » Fri May 24, 2019 4:51 pm

Country of CityTowne wrote:
Highever wrote:I mean it might not be proof to you and I but to those beleive it isnt about proof, it's about faith.

I mean faith doesn't do anything, proof allows you to make logical conclusions based off of evidence. Faith allows you to believe things no matter how much proof is against it.

Well, if you put it like that, you make me sound like a crazy person.

Highever
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Highever » Fri May 24, 2019 4:55 pm

Highever wrote:I mean it might not be proof to you and I but to those beleive it isnt about proof, it's about faith.

Except there is no direct proof against deities. To say such a thing is absurd. There is no conclusive and irrefutable evidence that proves that there are no deities.
ΦΣK
Remember Bloody Sunday

New Legland
Chargé d'Affaires

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby New Legland » Fri May 24, 2019 4:57 pm

Highever wrote:

Except there is no direct proof against deities. To say such a thing is absurd. There is no conclusive and irrefutable evidence that proves that there are no deities.

I don't think that's the point. The point is that evidence is much more effective in justifying a belief than faith is.

Highever
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Highever » Fri May 24, 2019 4:59 pm

New Legland wrote:
Highever wrote:Except there is no direct proof against deities. To say such a thing is absurd. There is no conclusive and irrefutable evidence that proves that there are no deities.

I don't think that's the point. The point is that evidence is much more effective in justifying a belief than faith is.

And those that beleive in a diety beleive that there is evidence to prove as such. I'm not going to fault them for that.
ΦΣK
Remember Bloody Sunday

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General