NATION

PASSWORD

Alabama public television didn't air gay wedding in 'Arthur'

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

User avatar
Kowani
Post Marshal
 
Posts: 16558
Founded: Apr 01, 2018
Democratic Socialists

Postby Kowani » Wed May 22, 2019 7:11 am

Diopolis wrote:
Kowani wrote:The best way to cure cultural homophobia is through children.

Yes, and it's totally a good idea to spend government money on indoctrinating children in political viewpoints.

Imagine thinking we didn’t do that already.
Narcissistic (Hedonistic) Nihilist. Yes, I am edgy. I know.
Atheist and still proud of it. Spanish Expat.
Post-Capitalist, Post-Nationalist.
Rights are functionally just privileges society has deemed important.
Prydania wrote:
As a Canadian? I find Americans and their deep, deep distrust of the government to be fundamentally, critically, laughably flawed. I find some aspects of your country completely absurd. The distrust of anything remotely resembling authority is one. The gun problem that stems from that is another.

Seangoli wrote:You are spouting nonsensical drivel with no coherent thought, little logic, and at the end of it all just angry opining at the clouds based on a truly astonishly low level of knowledge or understanding of the subject matter.

0% Capitalism

User avatar
Diopolis
Postmaster-General
 
Posts: 13122
Founded: May 15, 2012
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Diopolis » Wed May 22, 2019 7:12 am

Kowani wrote:
Diopolis wrote:Yes, and it's totally a good idea to spend government money on indoctrinating children in political viewpoints.

Imagine thinking we didn’t do that already.

That post wasn't sarcasm. I disagree about what viewpoints children should be indoctrinated into, of course.
Trad-Catholic, hispanophile Texan distributist and paleoconservative.
Economic left -3.88, authoritarian 6.15
Thoughts
Abortion is not healthcare.
St Generalissimo Francisco Franco, pray for president Trump!

User avatar
Kowani
Post Marshal
 
Posts: 16558
Founded: Apr 01, 2018
Democratic Socialists

Postby Kowani » Wed May 22, 2019 7:15 am

Diopolis wrote:
Kowani wrote:Imagine thinking we didn’t do that already.

That post wasn't sarcasm. I disagree about what viewpoints children should be indoctrinated into, of course.

Of course you do.
Narcissistic (Hedonistic) Nihilist. Yes, I am edgy. I know.
Atheist and still proud of it. Spanish Expat.
Post-Capitalist, Post-Nationalist.
Rights are functionally just privileges society has deemed important.
Prydania wrote:
As a Canadian? I find Americans and their deep, deep distrust of the government to be fundamentally, critically, laughably flawed. I find some aspects of your country completely absurd. The distrust of anything remotely resembling authority is one. The gun problem that stems from that is another.

Seangoli wrote:You are spouting nonsensical drivel with no coherent thought, little logic, and at the end of it all just angry opining at the clouds based on a truly astonishly low level of knowledge or understanding of the subject matter.

0% Capitalism

User avatar
The Derpy Democratic Republic Of Herp
Post Czar
 
Posts: 31085
Founded: Dec 18, 2013
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby The Derpy Democratic Republic Of Herp » Wed May 22, 2019 9:32 am

The Lone Alliance wrote:
The Derpy Democratic Republic Of Herp wrote:What? Yes they do indeed create echo chambers but not from reporting facts. By reporting facts they are creating an educated populace who knows how to treat society's ills.
Except they don't always report the facts, some facts mysteriously disappear or aren't reported on, why? Because some facts, if allowed to be promoted would actively increase society's ills.

It's a constant give and take between the media protecting some facts from the public eye, supposedly in the interest of protecting social cohesion, but also because such facts would hurt the ideologies the media sides with. For years the media covered up police violence or at least downgraded it.

For years all these little facts would slip through the cracks and no one would ever report on it, but now with alternative media those pesky facts find an audience, usually a tainted audience that only deliver the facts that support their ideology.

The Derpy Democratic Republic Of Herp wrote:Alternative media just says things to give there audience confirmation bias and push there ideology slowly more and more extreme.
The regular media does that too, in fact all media does that, we're still dealing with Confirmation bias related fallout from the Mueller report not giving the media what their audience wanted.


No, if the full unbiased truth was reported it would only help the voters diagnose the problems and elect people with a reasonable answer.

I'm not saying that conventional media is perfect but it does have some bar of entry. Scholars, scientists and, economic experts are less likely to lie for political ideology then someone with an internet connection.

Alternative media and the internet have made the truth harder to find out.

Napkizemlja wrote:To balance it out Arthur should have an episode that is anti-SSM. I'm sure if NY or Cali refused to air that episode, OP would likewise be against it.


Well yes I would. It doesn't need to be balanced out tit for tat, the gay wedding just should be aired on APT.
❤BITTEN BY THE VAMPIRE QUEEN OF COOKIES❤ NSwiki WA Ambassador: Silver Zephyr. NS's sexyest user 2016 Male 18-29 NSG 2016 Award for Humour 2018 award for most friendly poster (tied with Luminesa)
WBC 38 Postseason team, WBC 40 Postseason Quarterfinalist team, WBC 41 Semifinalists, WBC 42 Third place
Feel the Bern 2020 Trump disrespected fallen heroes beacuse of a little rain
Rainbow dash Is best pony.Scootalove is best love.A love letter to NS

User avatar
Necroghastia
Ambassador
 
Posts: 1070
Founded: May 11, 2019
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Necroghastia » Wed May 22, 2019 9:55 am

Diopolis wrote:
Kowani wrote:The best way to cure cultural homophobia is through children.

Yes, and it's totally a good idea to spend government money on indoctrinating children in political viewpoints.


Because "LGBT people are people too and deserve the same respect you'd give anybody" is so much more radical than any other anti-bullying message.
The Land of Spooky Scary Skeletons!

Pronouns: she/her

User avatar
Khataiy
Minister
 
Posts: 2933
Founded: Apr 22, 2018
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Khataiy » Wed May 22, 2019 9:58 am

I support the Government of Alabama, its a kids show.

User avatar
Nakena
Negotiator
 
Posts: 5596
Founded: May 06, 2017
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Nakena » Wed May 22, 2019 9:59 am

Actually it is kinda gay just to cut that one episode out just because they dont like it.

Either they air that show or they dont.

[/irony off]
Last edited by Nakena on Wed May 22, 2019 10:35 am, edited 3 times in total.
【Your friendly neighbourhood barista and genderqueer degenerate bohemian】
【Female or they/them pronoun preferred but not required】

₴Ø₦₳₭ Ø₴

User avatar
Necroghastia
Ambassador
 
Posts: 1070
Founded: May 11, 2019
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Necroghastia » Wed May 22, 2019 10:02 am

Khataiy wrote:I support the Government of Alabama, its a kids show.


There's no content in the episode that is remotely inappropriate for children, though.
The Land of Spooky Scary Skeletons!

Pronouns: she/her

User avatar
Khataiy
Minister
 
Posts: 2933
Founded: Apr 22, 2018
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Khataiy » Wed May 22, 2019 10:33 am

Necroghastia wrote:
Khataiy wrote:I support the Government of Alabama, its a kids show.


There's no content in the episode that is remotely inappropriate for children, though.

I wouldn't want my children watching it

User avatar
Nakena
Negotiator
 
Posts: 5596
Founded: May 06, 2017
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Nakena » Wed May 22, 2019 10:36 am

Khataiy wrote:
Necroghastia wrote:
There's no content in the episode that is remotely inappropriate for children, though.

I wouldn't want my children watching it


I wouldn let watch my children the show either, but for other reasons than that one episode.
【Your friendly neighbourhood barista and genderqueer degenerate bohemian】
【Female or they/them pronoun preferred but not required】

₴Ø₦₳₭ Ø₴

User avatar
Conserative Morality
Post Kaiser
 
Posts: 76675
Founded: Aug 24, 2007
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Conserative Morality » Wed May 22, 2019 10:38 am

Khataiy wrote:
Necroghastia wrote:
There's no content in the episode that is remotely inappropriate for children, though.

I wouldn't want my children watching it

Lots of people used to not want their kids seeing interracial relationships on TV either. Times change.
On the hate train. Choo choo, bitches. Bi-Polar. Proud Crypto-Fascist and Turbo Progressive. Dirty Étatist. Lowly Humanities Major. NSG's Best Liberal.
Caesar and Imperator of RWDT
Got a blog up again. || An NS Writing Discussion

User avatar
Andsed
Negotiator
 
Posts: 6580
Founded: Aug 24, 2017
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Andsed » Wed May 22, 2019 10:40 am

Khataiy wrote:I support the Government of Alabama, its a kids show.

So? You do know that kids seeing homosexuality does not hurt them right?
Hello I am Andsed welcome to my sig.


Amazing Andsed quotes:
Ok lets get back on topic so we don´t get this thread locked thanks to talking about my church windmill dancing.
Andsed is not legally responsible for any injuries that may occur if you take this seriously and somehow get a trebuchet and try to fling yourself into a plane. You fucking dumbass
NationStates going from serious debates about homosexuality to jokes about Jesus a marijuana dealer in the span of one to two posts since November 13 2002.
Sorry my mind is always in the gutter no it lives in gutter my mind is fuckin called pennywise it is in the gutter so much.
How does one outsource racism? Do you like get an Indian guy to call people and call them racial slurs?

LOVEWHOYOUARE~

User avatar
Khataiy
Minister
 
Posts: 2933
Founded: Apr 22, 2018
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Khataiy » Wed May 22, 2019 10:43 am

Conserative Morality wrote:
Khataiy wrote:I wouldn't want my children watching it

Lots of people used to not want their kids seeing interracial relationships on TV either. Times change.

The difference is one directly contradicts my religion from which I base my moral values I want my children to likewise have, homosexuality is a sin and directly condemned by God, not only in Islam but in a lot of religions as well. Interracial relationships are not condemned in Islam or most religions either so this is nowhere near an equal comparison.

User avatar
Dogmeat
Minister
 
Posts: 2302
Founded: Apr 01, 2018
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Dogmeat » Wed May 22, 2019 10:50 am

Khataiy wrote:
Conserative Morality wrote:Lots of people used to not want their kids seeing interracial relationships on TV either. Times change.

The difference is one directly contradicts my religion from which I base my moral values I want my children to likewise have, homosexuality is a sin and directly condemned by God, not only in Islam but in a lot of religions as well. Interracial relationships are not condemned in Islam or most religions either so this is nowhere near an equal comparison.

Are there religions that condemn interracial marriage? Yes.
Is that a good reason when they do? No.

Your point is moot.
Immortal God Dog
Hey boy, know any tricks?
天狗

User avatar
Conserative Morality
Post Kaiser
 
Posts: 76675
Founded: Aug 24, 2007
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Conserative Morality » Wed May 22, 2019 10:55 am

Khataiy wrote:The difference is one directly contradicts my religion from which I base my moral values I want my children to likewise have, homosexuality is a sin and directly condemned by God, not only in Islam but in a lot of religions as well. Interracial relationships are not condemned in Islam or most religions either so this is nowhere near an equal comparison.

It absolutely is. Many, arguably the vast majority of, US Christians used to regard interracial relationships as banned by their religion. Mormons can't drink caffeine; should pop and hot cocoa be banned from kids shows? Should bacon be banned from kids shows to satisfy the religious sensibilities of Jews and Muslims? It's all nonsense. Do you think that kids are going to be blind to homosexuality when you pass a gay couple downtown? When a prominent actress marries her girlfriend? When the VP in a decade is happily married to his husband? Or are you going to argue that those things should be banned from where the kids can see them too?
On the hate train. Choo choo, bitches. Bi-Polar. Proud Crypto-Fascist and Turbo Progressive. Dirty Étatist. Lowly Humanities Major. NSG's Best Liberal.
Caesar and Imperator of RWDT
Got a blog up again. || An NS Writing Discussion

User avatar
Telconi
Postmaster of the Fleet
 
Posts: 27984
Founded: Oct 08, 2016
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Telconi » Wed May 22, 2019 11:21 am

Conserative Morality wrote:
Khataiy wrote:The difference is one directly contradicts my religion from which I base my moral values I want my children to likewise have, homosexuality is a sin and directly condemned by God, not only in Islam but in a lot of religions as well. Interracial relationships are not condemned in Islam or most religions either so this is nowhere near an equal comparison.

It absolutely is. Many, arguably the vast majority of, US Christians used to regard interracial relationships as banned by their religion. Mormons can't drink caffeine; should pop and hot cocoa be banned from kids shows? Should bacon be banned from kids shows to satisfy the religious sensibilities of Jews and Muslims? It's all nonsense. Do you think that kids are going to be blind to homosexuality when you pass a gay couple downtown? When a prominent actress marries her girlfriend? When the VP in a decade is happily married to his husband? Or are you going to argue that those things should be banned from where the kids can see them too?


Nobody has banned anything. Invidious comparisons are bullshit.
-2.25 LEFT
-3.23 LIBERTARIAN

PRO:
-Weapons Rights
-Gender Equality
-LGBTQ Rights
-Racial Equality
-Religious Freedom
-Freedom of Speech
-Freedom of Association
-Life
-Limited Government
-Non Interventionism
-Labor Unions
-Environmental Protections
ANTI:
-Racism
-Sexism
-Bigotry In All Forms
-Government Overreach
-Government Surveillance
-Freedom For Security Social Transactions
-Unnecessary Taxes
-Excessively Specific Government Programs
-Foreign Entanglements
-Religious Extremism
-Fascists Masquerading as "Social Justice Warriors"

"The Constitution is NOT an instrument for the government to restrain the people,it is an instrument for the people to restrain the government-- lest it come to dominate our lives and interests." ~ Patrick Henry

User avatar
Khataiy
Minister
 
Posts: 2933
Founded: Apr 22, 2018
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Khataiy » Wed May 22, 2019 11:46 am

Dogmeat wrote:
Khataiy wrote:The difference is one directly contradicts my religion from which I base my moral values I want my children to likewise have, homosexuality is a sin and directly condemned by God, not only in Islam but in a lot of religions as well. Interracial relationships are not condemned in Islam or most religions either so this is nowhere near an equal comparison.

Are there religions that condemn interracial marriage? Yes.
Is that a good reason when they do? No.

Your point is moot.

Please notice how I said most, but aside from that as a Muslim I do not want my children exposed to this, for my own interests.

User avatar
Khataiy
Minister
 
Posts: 2933
Founded: Apr 22, 2018
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Khataiy » Wed May 22, 2019 11:47 am

Conserative Morality wrote:
Khataiy wrote:The difference is one directly contradicts my religion from which I base my moral values I want my children to likewise have, homosexuality is a sin and directly condemned by God, not only in Islam but in a lot of religions as well. Interracial relationships are not condemned in Islam or most religions either so this is nowhere near an equal comparison.

It absolutely is. Many, arguably the vast majority of, US Christians used to regard interracial relationships as banned by their religion. Mormons can't drink caffeine; should pop and hot cocoa be banned from kids shows? Should bacon be banned from kids shows to satisfy the religious sensibilities of Jews and Muslims? It's all nonsense. Do you think that kids are going to be blind to homosexuality when you pass a gay couple downtown? When a prominent actress marries her girlfriend? When the VP in a decade is happily married to his husband? Or are you going to argue that those things should be banned from where the kids can see them too?

I know my children would be exposed to homosexuality in the public, I do not want it endorsed, supported or sugarcoated. I want it to be known it is a sin and wrong and that God has condemned it.

User avatar
Conserative Morality
Post Kaiser
 
Posts: 76675
Founded: Aug 24, 2007
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Conserative Morality » Wed May 22, 2019 11:49 am

Khataiy wrote:I know my children would be exposed to homosexuality in the public, I do not want it endorsed, supported or sugarcoated. I want it to be known it is a sin and wrong and that God has condemned it.

You're out of luck; the US is a secular nation.
On the hate train. Choo choo, bitches. Bi-Polar. Proud Crypto-Fascist and Turbo Progressive. Dirty Étatist. Lowly Humanities Major. NSG's Best Liberal.
Caesar and Imperator of RWDT
Got a blog up again. || An NS Writing Discussion

User avatar
Khataiy
Minister
 
Posts: 2933
Founded: Apr 22, 2018
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Khataiy » Wed May 22, 2019 11:51 am

Conserative Morality wrote:
Khataiy wrote:I know my children would be exposed to homosexuality in the public, I do not want it endorsed, supported or sugarcoated. I want it to be known it is a sin and wrong and that God has condemned it.

You're out of luck; the US is a secular nation.

Obviously I am not out of luck if Alabama here is rightfully censoring this, I know America is secular but anything that leans closer to my values will obviously win my support, its basic logic.

User avatar
Andsed
Negotiator
 
Posts: 6580
Founded: Aug 24, 2017
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Andsed » Wed May 22, 2019 11:51 am

Khataiy wrote:
Conserative Morality wrote:Lots of people used to not want their kids seeing interracial relationships on TV either. Times change.

The difference is one directly contradicts my religion from which I base my moral values I want my children to likewise have, homosexuality is a sin and directly condemned by God, not only in Islam but in a lot of religions as well. Interracial relationships are not condemned in Islam or most religions either so this is nowhere near an equal comparison.

So this is just basically clinging on to old outdated borderline idiotic beliefs that homosexuality is wrong? Got it.
Hello I am Andsed welcome to my sig.


Amazing Andsed quotes:
Ok lets get back on topic so we don´t get this thread locked thanks to talking about my church windmill dancing.
Andsed is not legally responsible for any injuries that may occur if you take this seriously and somehow get a trebuchet and try to fling yourself into a plane. You fucking dumbass
NationStates going from serious debates about homosexuality to jokes about Jesus a marijuana dealer in the span of one to two posts since November 13 2002.
Sorry my mind is always in the gutter no it lives in gutter my mind is fuckin called pennywise it is in the gutter so much.
How does one outsource racism? Do you like get an Indian guy to call people and call them racial slurs?

LOVEWHOYOUARE~

User avatar
Khataiy
Minister
 
Posts: 2933
Founded: Apr 22, 2018
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Khataiy » Wed May 22, 2019 11:53 am

Andsed wrote:
Khataiy wrote:The difference is one directly contradicts my religion from which I base my moral values I want my children to likewise have, homosexuality is a sin and directly condemned by God, not only in Islam but in a lot of religions as well. Interracial relationships are not condemned in Islam or most religions either so this is nowhere near an equal comparison.

So this is just basically clinging on to old outdated borderline idiotic beliefs that homosexuality is wrong? Got it.

Its not idiotic nor outdated what was wrong yesterday is wrong today, with your logic in 100 years from now is it okay to justify murder, rape or anything else? I mean look at AIDS and other STDs and how they affect homosexuals and drug addicts its clear God is punishing these acts.
Last edited by Khataiy on Wed May 22, 2019 11:54 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Diopolis
Postmaster-General
 
Posts: 13122
Founded: May 15, 2012
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Diopolis » Wed May 22, 2019 11:55 am

Andsed wrote:
Khataiy wrote:The difference is one directly contradicts my religion from which I base my moral values I want my children to likewise have, homosexuality is a sin and directly condemned by God, not only in Islam but in a lot of religions as well. Interracial relationships are not condemned in Islam or most religions either so this is nowhere near an equal comparison.

So this is just basically clinging on to old outdated borderline idiotic beliefs that homosexuality is wrong? Got it.

Your daily reminder that, by definition, moral beliefs cannot be outdated. They can be wrong, but not outdated.
Trad-Catholic, hispanophile Texan distributist and paleoconservative.
Economic left -3.88, authoritarian 6.15
Thoughts
Abortion is not healthcare.
St Generalissimo Francisco Franco, pray for president Trump!

User avatar
Andsed
Negotiator
 
Posts: 6580
Founded: Aug 24, 2017
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Andsed » Wed May 22, 2019 12:00 pm

Khataiy wrote:
Andsed wrote:So this is just basically clinging on to old outdated borderline idiotic beliefs that homosexuality is wrong? Got it.

Its not idiotic nor outdated what was wrong yesterday is wrong today, with your logic in 100 years from now is it okay to justify murder, rape or anything else? I mean look at AIDS and other STDs and how they affect homosexuals and drug addicts its clear God is punishing these acts.

1. Okay let me rephrase this. There is no logical basis for homosexuality being wrong. The idea of that is just some old relic people have sadly not given up.

2. And no AIDS and STDs do not prove jack shit about the morality of homosexuality. They affect homosexuals because of biology not god punishing them. Beside if your god does punish homosexuality he is an asshole.
Hello I am Andsed welcome to my sig.


Amazing Andsed quotes:
Ok lets get back on topic so we don´t get this thread locked thanks to talking about my church windmill dancing.
Andsed is not legally responsible for any injuries that may occur if you take this seriously and somehow get a trebuchet and try to fling yourself into a plane. You fucking dumbass
NationStates going from serious debates about homosexuality to jokes about Jesus a marijuana dealer in the span of one to two posts since November 13 2002.
Sorry my mind is always in the gutter no it lives in gutter my mind is fuckin called pennywise it is in the gutter so much.
How does one outsource racism? Do you like get an Indian guy to call people and call them racial slurs?

LOVEWHOYOUARE~

User avatar
Diopolis
Postmaster-General
 
Posts: 13122
Founded: May 15, 2012
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Diopolis » Wed May 22, 2019 12:02 pm

Andsed wrote:
Khataiy wrote:Its not idiotic nor outdated what was wrong yesterday is wrong today, with your logic in 100 years from now is it okay to justify murder, rape or anything else? I mean look at AIDS and other STDs and how they affect homosexuals and drug addicts its clear God is punishing these acts.

1. Okay let me rephrase this. There is no logical basis for homosexuality being wrong. The idea of that is just some old relic people have sadly not given up.

2. And no AIDS and STDs do not prove jack shit about the morality of homosexuality. They affect homosexuals because of biology not god punishing them. Beside if your god does punish homosexuality he is an asshole.

1. "Sex should be connected to the reproductive function and not be intrinsically sterile" is technically a logical basis for opposing homosexuality.
2. Have you ever considered that biology reflects morality to at least some extent or the other?
Trad-Catholic, hispanophile Texan distributist and paleoconservative.
Economic left -3.88, authoritarian 6.15
Thoughts
Abortion is not healthcare.
St Generalissimo Francisco Franco, pray for president Trump!

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Duhon, Infected Mushroom, Ostroeuropa, Samudera Darussalam, Speshal squad, Telconi, The New California Republic, The Republic of Fore, Thepeopl, Valenera

Advertisement

Remove ads