NATION

PASSWORD

NSW Drought Discussion

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

Turbofolkia
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: May 05, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Turbofolkia » Wed May 15, 2019 10:23 pm

Water restrictions should have been put in place months ago. Climate change is hitting us and it's only going to get worse in future. And with Sydney’s population expected to reach 8-10 million in the coming decades because of this country’s insane obsession with growth at all costs, I can’t see it ever getting better.
Kad uključim autotune digne se prašina

Duhon
Senator

Founded: Nov 21, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Duhon » Wed May 15, 2019 10:33 pm

Turbofolkia wrote:Water restrictions should have been put in place months ago. Climate change is hitting us and it's only going to get worse in future. And with Sydney’s population expected to reach 8-10 million in the coming decades because of this country’s insane obsession with growth at all costs, I can’t see it ever getting better.

Frankly, your government should be thinking of and communicating to its neighbors a multilateral approach to lessen the worst of this crisis. What's happening in Australia and in many other parts of the world is going to be the new normal, and failing to coordinate a regionwide if not a worldwide response ASAP -- from R&D to such logistical issues as mass relocations if needed -- Australia will be very hard hit.

Novus America
Post Czar

Founded: Jun 02, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Novus America » Thu May 16, 2019 4:41 am

Duhon wrote:
Turbofolkia wrote:Water restrictions should have been put in place months ago. Climate change is hitting us and it's only going to get worse in future. And with Sydney’s population expected to reach 8-10 million in the coming decades because of this country’s insane obsession with growth at all costs, I can’t see it ever getting better.

Frankly, your government should be thinking of and communicating to its neighbors a multilateral approach to lessen the worst of this crisis. What's happening in Australia and in many other parts of the world is going to be the new normal, and failing to coordinate a regionwide if not a worldwide response ASAP -- from R&D to such logistical issues as mass relocations if needed -- Australia will be very hard hit.

Australia has no real neighbors as it is geographically separated from others.
It does not rely on others for water supply.
I do not think a multilateral approach would do much here.

There is no talk of moving people out of Australia entirely.
Sure maybe looking outside for technology if needed, but that is about it

Here it would be all about Australia managing its own water supply better.
Nuclear desalination and improved water distribution and conservation.

There more than enough water in the world.
It is a matter of removing salt and getting the water where needed.
Last edited by Novus America on Thu May 16, 2019 4:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
___|_|___ _|__*__|_

Zombie Ike/Teddy Roosevelt 2020.

Novus America represents my vision of an awesome Atompunk near future United States of America expanded to the entire North American continent, Guyana and the Philippines. The population would be around 700 million.
Think something like prewar Fallout, minus the bad stuff.

Politically I am an independent. I support what is good for the country, which means I cannot support either party.

Previous

Return to General