NATION

PASSWORD

2019-2020 US Election Megathread II: Tim Ryan's Empire

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

Which Candidate do you like most after the debates?(Ranked in order of polling after said debates)

Joe Biden
14%
Bernie Sanders
32%
Elizabeth Warren
9%
Kamala Harris
3%
Pete Buttigieg
5%
Cory Booker
1%
Beto O'Rourke
1%
Andrew Yang
13%
Other
17%
Undecided
4%

Total votes : 287

San Lumen
Post Czar

Founded: Jul 02, 2009
New York Times Democracy

Postby San Lumen » Mon Jun 10, 2019 9:56 am

Tarsonis wrote:
San Lumen wrote:
Why do we have to bargain on this? Why can't both parties work together on climate change and the environment?

The planet should not be a bargaining chip and to make it one shows how short sighted and self centered people like you are.

I'm not a member of either party, But the republicans aren't budging on the climate, so if you want me to vote for the dems then the dems need to drop their crusade on weapons. it's really that simple but you want to have your pet issue, and all the other issues. You want us to do all the sacrificing. So really who's the selfish one in this situation?

You are. You want to make the future of life on earth a bargaining chip. That's beyond reprehensible.
Last edited by San Lumen on Mon Jun 10, 2019 9:56 am, edited 1 time in total.

Tarsonis
Powerbroker

Founded: Sep 20, 2017
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Tarsonis » Mon Jun 10, 2019 9:57 am

San Lumen wrote:
Telconi wrote:
Yes, as soon as you abandon evil policy positions.

Sometime in the near distant future:

Child: Grandpa/Grandma what are birds and fish?

Grandpa/Grandma: Birds were creatures who flew in the sky and made nests in trees, sang beautiful songs and came in many sizes ands colors but we destroyed their homes to build cookie cutter housing. Fish swam in the ocean and came in many shapes and sizing but due to demand for food we oversfished and made them go extinct but i didnt care then nor did others. We cared more about guns and other stupid squabbles. i’m sorry for the terrible world you inherited. I wish things could have been different for you.”

Elsewhere:

Child: "Grandpa how do we have all this stuff saved."

Grandpa" Well we had guns, thus when the raids started we were able to fend off all the raiders, and take their stash as well. We're pretty much set."
Proud NS Keyboard Warrior since 2005.
Ecclesiastes 1:18 "For in much wisdom is much vexation, and those who increase knowledge increase sorrow"
Galatians 6:7 " Do not be deceived; God is not mocked, for you reap whatever you sow."
1 Corinthians 5:12 What business is it of mine to judge those outside the church? Are you not to judge those inside?
T. Stevens: "I don't hold with equality in all things, but I believe in equality under the Law."
James I of Aragon "Have you ever considered that our position is Idolatry to the Rabbi?"
Debating Christian Theology with Non-Christians pretty much anybody be like

Telconi
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Oct 08, 2016
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Telconi » Mon Jun 10, 2019 9:58 am

San Lumen wrote:
Telconi wrote:

Grandpa/Grandma: Birds were creatures who flew in the sky and made nests in trees, sang beautiful songs and came in many sizes ands colors but we destroyed their homes to build cookie cutter housing. Fish swam in the ocean and came in many shapes and sizing but due to demand for food we oversfished and made them go extinct but i didnt care then nor did others. We cared more about guns and other stupid squabbles. i’m sorry for the terrible world you inherited. I wish things could have been different for you.”

Blah blah blah what's a bird or a fish. If my kid lives in a society free from people like you it'll be more than worth it.
-2.25 LEFT
-3.23 LIBERTARIAN

PRO:
-Weapons Rights
-Gender Equality
-LGBTQ Rights
-Racial Equality
-Religious Freedom
-Freedom of Speech
-Freedom of Association
-Life
-Limited Government
-Non Interventionism
-Labor Unions
-Environmental Protections
ANTI:
-Racism
-Sexism
-Bigotry In All Forms
-Government Overreach
-Government Surveillance
-Freedom For Security Social Transactions
-Unnecessary Taxes
-Excessively Specific Government Programs
-Foreign Entanglements
-Religious Extremism
-Fascists Masquerading as "Social Justice Warriors"

"The Constitution is NOT an instrument for the government to restrain the people,it is an instrument for the people to restrain the government-- lest it come to dominate our lives and interests." ~ Patrick Henry

Tarsonis
Powerbroker

Postby Tarsonis » Mon Jun 10, 2019 9:58 am

San Lumen wrote:
Tarsonis wrote:
I'm not a member of either party, But the republicans aren't budging on the climate, so if you want me to vote for the dems then the dems need to drop their crusade on weapons. it's really that simple but you want to have your pet issue, and all the other issues. You want us to do all the sacrificing. So really who's the selfish one in this situation?

You are. You want to make the future of life on earth a bargaining chip. That's beyond reprehensible.

You're making it just as much. You're telling me I have to give up my gun rights to support environmentalism. Fuck that.
Ecclesiastes 1:18 "For in much wisdom is much vexation, and those who increase knowledge increase sorrow"
Galatians 6:7 " Do not be deceived; God is not mocked, for you reap whatever you sow."
1 Corinthians 5:12 What business is it of mine to judge those outside the church? Are you not to judge those inside?
T. Stevens: "I don't hold with equality in all things, but I believe in equality under the Law."
James I of Aragon "Have you ever considered that our position is Idolatry to the Rabbi?"

San Lumen
Post Czar

New York Times Democracy

Postby San Lumen » Mon Jun 10, 2019 9:59 am

Tarsonis wrote:
San Lumen wrote:Sometime in the near distant future:

Elsewhere:

Grandpa" Well we had guns, thus when the raids started we were able to fend off all the raiders, and take their stash as well. We're pretty much set."

Child: couldn't we have avoided this? I read in a book this all could have been prevented but you did nothing. Why didnt you do something? Why where you so selfish then

Telconi
Postmaster of the Fleet

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Telconi » Mon Jun 10, 2019 9:59 am

San Lumen wrote:
Tarsonis wrote:

Says the guy who values oppressing others more than saving the planet.

You calling others reprehensible funny, in a sad, "this species is fucked" sort of way.
Last edited by Telconi on Mon Jun 10, 2019 10:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
-2.25 LEFT
-3.23 LIBERTARIAN

PRO:
-Weapons Rights
-Gender Equality
-LGBTQ Rights
-Racial Equality
-Religious Freedom
-Freedom of Speech
-Freedom of Association
-Life
-Limited Government
-Non Interventionism
-Labor Unions
ANTI:
-Racism
-Sexism
-Bigotry In All Forms
-Government Overreach
-Government Surveillance
-Unnecessary Taxes
-Foreign Entanglements
-Religious Extremism

"The Constitution is NOT an instrument for the government to restrain the people,it is an instrument for the people to restrain the government-- lest it come to dominate our lives and interests." ~ Patrick Henry

Napkizemlja
Ambassador

Founded: Apr 13, 2019
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Napkizemlja » Mon Jun 10, 2019 9:59 am

San Lumen wrote:
Telconi wrote:

I think only 14% of bird species are estimated to go extinct by the end of the century.
Dodging LEGO pieces on the floor like a boss. The new unofficial RWDT anthem. Tory and communitarian. Asperger's. Rollin' 3-4-8 Orthoboo Gang. A repentant asshole.

Nea Byzantia
Senator

Founded: Jun 03, 2016
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Nea Byzantia » Mon Jun 10, 2019 9:59 am

Tarsonis wrote:

Elsewhere:

Are you that Grandpa?

Tarsonis
Powerbroker

Postby Tarsonis » Mon Jun 10, 2019 10:00 am

San Lumen wrote:
Tarsonis wrote:
Elsewhere:

Child: couldn't we have avoided this? I read in a book this all could have been prevented but you did nothing. Why didnt you do something? Why where you so selfish then

"The people who wanted to help the environment also wanted to rob us of our human rights, and we said no. If they had just stopped their crusade on human rights, everything would have been fine, but we survived, they didn't.

San Lumen
Post Czar

New York Times Democracy

Postby San Lumen » Mon Jun 10, 2019 10:00 am

Telconi wrote:

Blah blah blah what's a bird or a fish. If my kid lives in a society free from people like you it'll be more than worth it.

a world like that would be worth it to you if it means access to any and all guns? Free from people like me? What is that supposed to mean?

Tarsonis
Powerbroker

Postby Tarsonis » Mon Jun 10, 2019 10:01 am

San Lumen wrote:
Telconi wrote:

a world like that would be worth it to you if it means access to any and all guns? Free from people like me? What is that supposed to mean?

It means a world where our rights are stripped from us is not worth saving, so he'll happily cling to his rights as everybody dies. That's a better outcome to him.

Telconi
Postmaster of the Fleet

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Telconi » Mon Jun 10, 2019 10:01 am

San Lumen wrote:
Tarsonis wrote:
Elsewhere:

Oh I'm sorry for selfishly creating a better future for my descendants. My bad. :roll:
-2.25 LEFT
-3.23 LIBERTARIAN

PRO:
-Weapons Rights
-Gender Equality
-LGBTQ Rights
-Racial Equality
-Religious Freedom
-Freedom of Speech
-Freedom of Association
-Life
-Limited Government
-Non Interventionism
-Labor Unions
ANTI:
-Racism
-Sexism
-Bigotry In All Forms
-Government Overreach
-Government Surveillance
-Unnecessary Taxes
-Foreign Entanglements
-Religious Extremism

San Lumen
Post Czar

New York Times Democracy

Postby San Lumen » Mon Jun 10, 2019 10:01 am

Tarsonis wrote:
San Lumen wrote:Child: couldn't we have avoided this? I read in a book this all could have been prevented but you did nothing. Why didnt you do something? Why where you so selfish then

"The people who wanted to help the environment also wanted to rob us of our human rights, and we said no. If they had just stopped their crusade on human rights, everything would have been fine, but we survived, they didn't.

Child: and you ruined the world as a result. I hope your happy Grandpa. I hate this and wish I could change it all with a time machine but sadly that has no hope of ever being invented now.

San Lumen
Post Czar

New York Times Democracy

Postby San Lumen » Mon Jun 10, 2019 10:02 am

Telconi wrote:
San Lumen wrote:Child: couldn't we have avoided this? I read in a book this all could have been prevented but you did nothing. Why didnt you do something? Why where you so selfish then

Oh I'm sorry for selfishly creating a better future for my descendants. My bad. :roll:

How is the future i laid out better?

Telconi
Postmaster of the Fleet

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Telconi » Mon Jun 10, 2019 10:02 am

San Lumen wrote:
Telconi wrote:

Yes. People who agree with you are gone. People who desire to oppress others stop having the capacity to do so. A world free from evil people.
-2.25 LEFT
-3.23 LIBERTARIAN

PRO:
-Weapons Rights
-Gender Equality
-LGBTQ Rights
-Racial Equality
-Religious Freedom
-Freedom of Speech
-Freedom of Association
-Life
-Limited Government
-Non Interventionism
-Labor Unions
ANTI:
-Racism
-Sexism
-Bigotry In All Forms
-Government Overreach
-Government Surveillance
-Unnecessary Taxes
-Foreign Entanglements
-Religious Extremism

Tarsonis
Powerbroker

Postby Tarsonis » Mon Jun 10, 2019 10:02 am

San Lumen wrote:
Tarsonis wrote:

Child: and you ruined the world as a result. I hope your happy Grandpa. I hate this and wish I could change it all with a time machine but sadly that has no hope of ever being invented now.

Nope you ruined the world. You made taking gun rights paramount, and refused to abandon your crusade against gunrights to the detriment of environmental policy.

Tarsonis
Powerbroker

Postby Tarsonis » Mon Jun 10, 2019 10:03 am

San Lumen wrote:
Telconi wrote:

Ours is real, yours is fake.

Telconi
Postmaster of the Fleet

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Telconi » Mon Jun 10, 2019 10:03 am

San Lumen wrote:
Telconi wrote:

Well presumably the gun grabbers lost.
-2.25 LEFT
-3.23 LIBERTARIAN

PRO:
-Weapons Rights
-Gender Equality
-LGBTQ Rights
-Racial Equality
-Religious Freedom
-Freedom of Speech
-Freedom of Association
-Life
-Limited Government
-Non Interventionism
-Labor Unions
ANTI:
-Racism
-Sexism
-Bigotry In All Forms
-Government Overreach
-Government Surveillance
-Unnecessary Taxes
-Foreign Entanglements
-Religious Extremism

San Lumen
Post Czar

New York Times Democracy

Postby San Lumen » Mon Jun 10, 2019 10:03 am

Tarsonis wrote:
San Lumen wrote:

Nope you ruined the world. You made taking gun rights paramount, and refused to abandon your crusade against gunrights to the detriment of environmental policy.

We were doing a hypothetical future conversation. This is not about me.

Shrillland
Postmaster-General

Founded: Apr 12, 2010
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Shrillland » Mon Jun 10, 2019 10:03 am

Will you all knock it off? Leave reruns where they belong, on Basic Cable.
Support Eternal Lotharia for Portland City Council!
Stand with Content Creators Like Me! Stand With The Union!
17 Days since the 2020 Megathread was 2016-jacked Maximum Period without 2016-jack: 37 Days
In 1963, Doctor Who taught us all we need to know about politics when a cave woman said, "Old men see no further than tomorrow's meat".

Telconi
Postmaster of the Fleet

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Telconi » Mon Jun 10, 2019 10:04 am

Shrillland wrote:Will you all knock it off? Leave reruns where they belong, on Basic Cable.

It's the election thread. It is literally the basic cable of our society.

Every four years we go over the same old bullshit and the same old bullshit keeps being bullshit.
-2.25 LEFT
-3.23 LIBERTARIAN

PRO:
-Weapons Rights
-Gender Equality
-LGBTQ Rights
-Racial Equality
-Religious Freedom
-Freedom of Speech
-Freedom of Association
-Life
-Limited Government
-Non Interventionism
-Labor Unions
ANTI:
-Racism
-Sexism
-Bigotry In All Forms
-Government Overreach
-Government Surveillance
-Unnecessary Taxes
-Foreign Entanglements
-Religious Extremism

Tarsonis
Powerbroker

Postby Tarsonis » Mon Jun 10, 2019 10:05 am

San Lumen wrote:
Tarsonis wrote:

We were doing a hypothetical future conversation. This is not about me.

Fine, supplement you for they. Irrelevant. The point still remains. You've been given your answer: You want us to vote for democrats and save the earth, the democrats need to give up their crusade on gunrights. But apparently stripping people of gun rights matters more to you than the environment. Compromise requires sacrifice. If you're unwilling to sacrifice, then you don't really care about it.
Last edited by Tarsonis on Mon Jun 10, 2019 10:06 am, edited 1 time in total.

Farnhamia
Game Moderator

Founded: Jun 20, 2006

Postby Farnhamia » Mon Jun 10, 2019 10:06 am

Telconi wrote:
Shrillland wrote:Will you all knock it off? Leave reruns where they belong, on Basic Cable.

Every four years we go over the same old bullshit and the same old bullshit keeps being bullshit.

Yeah, but you're not even talking about the election anymore, just arguing about whose philosophy or take on life on earth or whatever is better or worse. Take it to one of the threads we have for that or find a playground somewhere.
Freedom ... or cake. ~ Ashmoria (RIP)
Make Earth Great Again: Stop Continental Drift!
And Jesus was a sailor when he walked upon the water ...
"Make yourself at home, Frank. Hit somebody." RIP Don Rickles
My country, right or wrong; if right, to be kept right; and if wrong, to be set right. ~ Carl Schurz
<Sigh> NSG...where even the atheists are Augustinians. ~ The Archregimancy
Now the foot is on the other hand ~ Kannap
RIP Dyakovo

Telconi
Postmaster of the Fleet

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Telconi » Mon Jun 10, 2019 10:18 am

Farnhamia wrote:
Telconi wrote:

Yeah, but you're not even talking about the election anymore, just arguing about whose philosophy or take on life on earth or whatever is better or worse. Take it to one of the threads we have for that or find a playground somewhere.

Isn't that sort of the core principle of an election?
-2.25 LEFT
-3.23 LIBERTARIAN

PRO:
-Weapons Rights
-Gender Equality
-LGBTQ Rights
-Racial Equality
-Religious Freedom
-Freedom of Speech
-Freedom of Association
-Life
-Limited Government
-Non Interventionism
-Labor Unions
ANTI:
-Racism
-Sexism
-Bigotry In All Forms
-Government Overreach
-Government Surveillance
-Unnecessary Taxes
-Foreign Entanglements
-Religious Extremism

Farnhamia
Game Moderator

Founded: Jun 20, 2006

Postby Farnhamia » Mon Jun 10, 2019 10:19 am

Telconi wrote:
Farnhamia wrote:Yeah, but you're not even talking about the election anymore, just arguing about whose philosophy or take on life on earth or whatever is better or worse. Take it to one of the threads we have for that or find a playground somewhere.

Isn't that sort of the core principle of an election?

If you were talking about the candidates' philosophy or take on life on earth or whatever, sure, but you're not. You're needling San Lumen, who's needling you back, with other people kibitzing.
Freedom ... or cake. ~ Ashmoria (RIP)
Make Earth Great Again: Stop Continental Drift!
And Jesus was a sailor when he walked upon the water ...
"Make yourself at home, Frank. Hit somebody." RIP Don Rickles
My country, right or wrong; if right, to be kept right; and if wrong, to be set right. ~ Carl Schurz
<Sigh> NSG...where even the atheists are Augustinians. ~ The Archregimancy
Now the foot is on the other hand ~ Kannap
RIP Dyakovo

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General