NATION

PASSWORD

Learning about white privilege is anti-white, studies prove

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

How shocked?

I've been telling them this for a while
195
57%
I admit it's disturbing and will reconsider my beliefs
15
4%
I don't believe the evidence
22
6%
I disagree with the conclusions OP has drawn from the evidence
108
32%
 
Total votes : 340

User avatar
Rostavykhan
Ambassador
 
Posts: 1600
Founded: Sep 30, 2017
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Rostavykhan » Sat May 18, 2019 9:50 am

The Empire of Pretantia wrote:
Also, friendly reminder that Donkey Kong, Solid Snake and John Romero all said "trans rights", so cis gamers are cancelled and cis otakus are next. Hail Sobek!

Metal Gear is dead and John Romero is a hack so no.



I remember when Donkey Kong spoke about trans rights.

"ewegh ewewgh!" - Donkey Kong, Gorilla.
Last edited by Rostavykhan on Sat May 18, 2019 9:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
Authoritarian Socialist
【PLUS ULTRA】
Chaotic Neutral
I also go by Torsiedelle (or 'Tori')

User avatar
Liriena
Khan of Spam
 
Posts: 57187
Founded: Nov 19, 2010
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Liriena » Sat May 18, 2019 9:53 am

The Empire of Pretantia wrote:
Also, friendly reminder that Donkey Kong, Solid Snake and John Romero all said "trans rights", so cis gamers are cancelled and cis otakus are next. Hail Sobek!

Metal Gear is dead and John Romero is a hack so no.

Not an argument.
be gay do crime


I am:
A pansexual, pantheist, green socialist
An aspiring writer and journalist
Political compass stuff:
Economic Left/Right: -8.13
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -8.92
For: Grassroots democracy, workers' self-management, humanitarianism, pacifism, pluralism, environmentalism, interculturalism, indigenous rights, minority rights, LGBT+ rights, feminism, optimism
Against: Nationalism, authoritarianism, fascism, conservatism, populism, violence, ethnocentrism, racism, sexism, religious bigotry, anti-LGBT+ bigotry, death penalty, neoliberalism, tribalism,
cynicism


⚧Copy and paste this in your sig
if you passed biology and know
gender and sex aren't the same thing.⚧

I disown most of my previous posts

User avatar
Liriena
Khan of Spam
 
Posts: 57187
Founded: Nov 19, 2010
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Liriena » Sat May 18, 2019 9:56 am

Crockerland wrote:
Liriena wrote:[citation needed]

Not to mention those anime "femboys", more often than not, are trans women written by people who don't quite get how to describe them as such, or at the very least aren't capable of defining their identity in terms equivalent to the technical terminology more commonly understood in Europe and the Americas.

No, they aren't. They're cute gay boys in dresses, it ain't that complex. Quit with the gay erasure.

I'm going to have to admit that I made a really stupid wording choice with the "more often than not", because, now that I thought about it, it is mostly cute gay boys in dresses... or at least ambiguously gay boys.

Not trying to erase them. Just got a bit of a brain fart remembering the sample cases.
be gay do crime


I am:
A pansexual, pantheist, green socialist
An aspiring writer and journalist
Political compass stuff:
Economic Left/Right: -8.13
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -8.92
For: Grassroots democracy, workers' self-management, humanitarianism, pacifism, pluralism, environmentalism, interculturalism, indigenous rights, minority rights, LGBT+ rights, feminism, optimism
Against: Nationalism, authoritarianism, fascism, conservatism, populism, violence, ethnocentrism, racism, sexism, religious bigotry, anti-LGBT+ bigotry, death penalty, neoliberalism, tribalism,
cynicism


⚧Copy and paste this in your sig
if you passed biology and know
gender and sex aren't the same thing.⚧

I disown most of my previous posts

User avatar
Liriena
Khan of Spam
 
Posts: 57187
Founded: Nov 19, 2010
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Liriena » Sat May 18, 2019 9:57 am

Rostavykhan wrote:
The Empire of Pretantia wrote:
Metal Gear is dead and John Romero is a hack so no.



I remember when Donkey Kong spoke about trans rights.

"ewegh ewewgh!" - Donkey Kong, Gorilla.

"trans right okay" - Donkey Kong
be gay do crime


I am:
A pansexual, pantheist, green socialist
An aspiring writer and journalist
Political compass stuff:
Economic Left/Right: -8.13
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -8.92
For: Grassroots democracy, workers' self-management, humanitarianism, pacifism, pluralism, environmentalism, interculturalism, indigenous rights, minority rights, LGBT+ rights, feminism, optimism
Against: Nationalism, authoritarianism, fascism, conservatism, populism, violence, ethnocentrism, racism, sexism, religious bigotry, anti-LGBT+ bigotry, death penalty, neoliberalism, tribalism,
cynicism


⚧Copy and paste this in your sig
if you passed biology and know
gender and sex aren't the same thing.⚧

I disown most of my previous posts

User avatar
The Empire of Pretantia
Post Czar
 
Posts: 39010
Founded: Oct 18, 2012
Democratic Socialists

Postby The Empire of Pretantia » Sat May 18, 2019 9:57 am

Liriena wrote:
The Empire of Pretantia wrote:
Metal Gear is dead and John Romero is a hack so no.

Not an argument.

If what I got isn't an argument then what you got isn't an argument :^).
ywn be as good as this video
Gacha
Trashing other people's waifus
Anti-NN
EA
Douche flutes
Zimbabwe
Putting the toilet paper roll the wrong way
Every single square inch of Asia
Lewding Earth-chan
Pollution
4Chan in all its glory and all its horror
Playing the little Switch controller handheld thing in public
Treading on me
Socialism, Communism, Anarchism, and all their cousins and sisters and brothers and wife's sons
Alternate Universe 40K
Nightcore
Comcast
Zimbabwe
Believing the Ottomans were the third Roman Empire
Parodies of the Gadsden flag
The Fate Series
US politics

User avatar
Liriena
Khan of Spam
 
Posts: 57187
Founded: Nov 19, 2010
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Liriena » Sat May 18, 2019 10:01 am

Proctopeo wrote:
The Xenopolis Confederation wrote:A lot of trans people on the internet I've seen actually seem to be quite fond of those anime characters, yet hate the word "trap."

I mean, they tend to-

Liriena wrote:[citation needed]

Not to mention those anime "femboys", more often than not, are trans women written by people who don't quite get how to describe them as such, or at the very least aren't capable of defining their identity in terms equivalent to the technical terminology more commonly understood in Europe and the Americas.

-ah, there it is.
I knew it was coming (because I know your Youtube preferences). Really, this attitude is just Western audiences trying to claim they know the character better than the writers, which is pretty shitty all things considered. A good rule of thumb if it's not explicitly stated in canon is to see what Japanese audiences see the character as: they have the full cultural context and potentially resources we don't, so checking Pixiv tags can be enlightening.

The only time audiences trying to claim they know the character better than the writers is when they pull a JK Rowling, but that's an exceptionally rare circumstance almost not seen out of Rowling herself.

With the caveat that you and Crockerland made me re-examine my position, so I'm no longer standing by my previous argument... while I think there's legitimacy to your assertion of "Western audiences trying to claim they know the character better than the writers, which is pretty shitty all things considered", I think there's also an argument to be made for a 'death of the author' attitude here, even if we run the risk of engaging in a sort of cultural self-centeredness in our critique.
be gay do crime


I am:
A pansexual, pantheist, green socialist
An aspiring writer and journalist
Political compass stuff:
Economic Left/Right: -8.13
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -8.92
For: Grassroots democracy, workers' self-management, humanitarianism, pacifism, pluralism, environmentalism, interculturalism, indigenous rights, minority rights, LGBT+ rights, feminism, optimism
Against: Nationalism, authoritarianism, fascism, conservatism, populism, violence, ethnocentrism, racism, sexism, religious bigotry, anti-LGBT+ bigotry, death penalty, neoliberalism, tribalism,
cynicism


⚧Copy and paste this in your sig
if you passed biology and know
gender and sex aren't the same thing.⚧

I disown most of my previous posts

User avatar
Proctopeo
Powerbroker
 
Posts: 9978
Founded: Sep 26, 2016
Anarchy

Postby Proctopeo » Sat May 18, 2019 10:09 am

Liriena wrote:
Proctopeo wrote:I mean, they tend to-


-ah, there it is.
I knew it was coming (because I know your Youtube preferences). Really, this attitude is just Western audiences trying to claim they know the character better than the writers, which is pretty shitty all things considered. A good rule of thumb if it's not explicitly stated in canon is to see what Japanese audiences see the character as: they have the full cultural context and potentially resources we don't, so checking Pixiv tags can be enlightening.

The only time audiences trying to claim they know the character better than the writers is when they pull a JK Rowling, but that's an exceptionally rare circumstance almost not seen out of Rowling herself.

With the caveat that you and Crockerland made me re-examine my position, so I'm no longer standing by my previous argument... while I think there's legitimacy to your assertion of "Western audiences trying to claim they know the character better than the writers, which is pretty shitty all things considered", I think there's also an argument to be made for a 'death of the author' attitude here, even if we run the risk of engaging in a sort of cultural self-centeredness in our critique.

I think the safest bet there is to treat it as a headcanon or an AU instead of insisting it as fact. And by "safest bet" I mean "literally the only option that doesn't make you a giant asshole".
Center-right libertarian LockeabooEconomic: 5.25
Meme addict :^)Social: -3.74
Manga is literatureWill probably retake once every month or so, last updated 3/8/2019
RIP Balk
Crockerland wrote:Yes, we are aware, the Israelis protect their civilians with weapons while the Palestinians protect their weapons with civilians.

User avatar
Luminesa
Khan of Spam
 
Posts: 52650
Founded: Dec 09, 2014
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Luminesa » Sat May 18, 2019 10:15 am

Proctopeo wrote:
The Xenopolis Confederation wrote:A lot of trans people on the internet I've seen actually seem to be quite fond of those anime characters, yet hate the word "trap."

I mean, they tend to-

Liriena wrote:[citation needed]

Not to mention those anime "femboys", more often than not, are trans women written by people who don't quite get how to describe them as such, or at the very least aren't capable of defining their identity in terms equivalent to the technical terminology more commonly understood in Europe and the Americas.

-ah, there it is.
I knew it was coming (because I know your Youtube preferences). Really, this attitude is just Western audiences trying to claim they know the character better than the writers, which is pretty shitty all things considered. A good rule of thumb if it's not explicitly stated in canon is to see what Japanese audiences see the character as: they have the full cultural context and potentially resources we don't, so checking Pixiv tags can be enlightening.

The only time audiences trying to claim they know the character better than the writers is when they pull a JK Rowling, but that's an exceptionally rare circumstance almost not seen out of Rowling herself.

Ors Might wrote:Source on these femboys more often than not being trans-women? I am a man of considerable culture and never really picked up on that. The only one that comes to mind is from Steins Gate. I’ve always figured that they were ccis lads that just liked being fem. I can relate to that, somewhat.

Almost every time, that's precisely what they are. There can be degrees of ambiguity, especially if you take things completely out of context, but it's usually clear if they're just effeminate men.
Typically the "sources" for this "information" are cherry picked quotes, circumstances, or just outright fabrications made by whoever is making the claim.

Crockerland wrote:No, they aren't. They're cute gay boys in dresses, it ain't that complex. Quit with the gay erasure.

Yeah, these people love to erase the gay and those who don't fit into traditional gender roles of dress or act by trying to claim they're "actually" trans.

Because I’m slightly confused, I need a clarification. Are we talking about the difference between “traps” and bishounen guys? Because yeah, there are a lot of bishounen characters who almost look like girls, but they’re not necessarily “traps”.
Catholic, pro-life, and proud of it. I prefer my debates on religion, politics, and sports with some coffee and a little Aquinas and G.K. CHESTERTON here and there. Not that I need the coffee, but you know... :3

So apparently I am an ENFP!

Unofficial #1 fan of the Who Dat Nation.
"I'm just a singer of simple songs, I'm not a real political man. I watch CNN, but I'm not sure I can tell you the difference in Iraq and Iran. But I know Jesus, and I talk to God, and I remember this from when I was young:
faith, hope and love are some good things He gave us...
and the greatest is love."
-Alan Jackson

User avatar
Pim Fortuyn
Bureaucrat
 
Posts: 62
Founded: Feb 14, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Pim Fortuyn » Sat May 18, 2019 11:11 am

I met some Hispanic girl on my campus during a fire drill recently. She was wearing a MAGA hat and holding up a sign which read “white privilege is a myth” as everyone congregated in the vicinity waiting to re-enter the building. I asked her why she thought what was expressed on her sign. To my dismay, she could not come up with a comprehensible answer and simply got annoyed.

From my personal perspective not enough of us have a good idea of what white privilege is. Most people have either a vague idea or dismiss it offhand. I think we could all benefit to read a short article or study about the idea. The case for halting it because it may make people “anti-White” is the same as arguing that the Nazism shouldn’t be taught about because it makes people anti-German.
~Flirting with concepts.

User avatar
Nakena
Negotiator
 
Posts: 5714
Founded: May 06, 2017
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Nakena » Sat May 18, 2019 12:09 pm

Pim Fortuyn wrote:I met some Hispanic girl on my campus during a fire drill recently. She was wearing a MAGA hat and holding up a sign which read “white privilege is a myth” as everyone congregated in the vicinity waiting to re-enter the building. I asked her why she thought what was expressed on her sign. To my dismay, she could not come up with a comprehensible answer and simply got annoyed.

From my personal perspective not enough of us have a good idea of what white privilege is. Most people have either a vague idea or dismiss it offhand. I think we could all benefit to read a short article or study about the idea. The case for halting it because it may make people “anti-White” is the same as arguing that the Nazism shouldn’t be taught about because it makes people anti-German.


Go Date her.
【Your friendly neighbourhood barista and genderqueer degenerate bohemian】
【Female or they/them pronoun preferred but not required】

₴Ø₦₳₭ Ø₴

User avatar
The Derpy Democratic Republic Of Herp
Post Czar
 
Posts: 31160
Founded: Dec 18, 2013
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby The Derpy Democratic Republic Of Herp » Sat May 18, 2019 6:42 pm

The Empire of Pretantia wrote:
Liriena wrote:[citation needed]

Not to mention those anime "femboys", more often than not, are trans women written by people who don't quite get how to describe them as such,

Saika Totsuka from Oregairu, trap character whose most famous line is "I'm a boy."
Hideyoshi Kinoshita from Baka to Test, trap character who insists he's a guy.
Hime Arikawa from Himegoto, trap forced to crossdress, definitely a boy.
Rui Ninomiya from Gatchaman, boy who crossdresses.
Haku from Naruto, effeminate boy.
Mariya Shidou from Mariaholic, boy who pretends to be a girl at a Girls' School.
Felix from Re:Zero, boy who crossdresses.

These are some of the more famous exemples
Also, friendly reminder that Donkey Kong, Solid Snake and John Romero all said "trans rights", so cis gamers are cancelled and cis otakus are next. Hail Sobek!

Metal Gear is dead and John Romero is a hack so no.


What does Konimes running meteal gear into the ground have to do with this?

Solid snake said Trans rights. Konimi fucking mgs up has nothing do do with anything.
❤BITTEN BY THE VAMPIRE QUEEN OF COOKIES❤ NSwiki WA Ambassador: Silver Zephyr. NS's sexyest user 2016 Male 18-29 NSG 2016 Award for Humour 2018 award for most friendly poster (tied with Luminesa)
WBC 38 Postseason team, WBC 40 Postseason Quarterfinalist team, WBC 41 Semifinalists, WBC 42 Third place
Feel the Bern 2020 Trump disrespected fallen heroes beacuse of a little rain
Rainbow dash Is best pony.Scootalove is best love.A love letter to NS

User avatar
Anagonia
Minister
 
Posts: 2499
Founded: Dec 18, 2003
New York Times Democracy

Postby Anagonia » Sat May 18, 2019 9:33 pm

Pim Fortuyn wrote:I met some Hispanic girl on my campus during a fire drill recently. She was wearing a MAGA hat and holding up a sign which read “white privilege is a myth” as everyone congregated in the vicinity waiting to re-enter the building. I asked her why she thought what was expressed on her sign. To my dismay, she could not come up with a comprehensible answer and simply got annoyed.

From my personal perspective not enough of us have a good idea of what white privilege is. Most people have either a vague idea or dismiss it offhand. I think we could all benefit to read a short article or study about the idea. The case for halting it because it may make people “anti-White” is the same as arguing that the Nazism shouldn’t be taught about because it makes people anti-German.


Allow me to save you the time:

white privilege
noun
noun: white privilege
inherent advantages possessed by a white person on the basis of their race in a society characterized by racial inequality and injustice.
"I'll be the first to acknowledge that I do benefit from white privilege"


I think what you meant to say is that there is no real basis for this being used in our society, except to restrict the rights of those with white colored skin.

EDIT:

Here's an additional definition:

White privilege is the societal privilege that in some countries benefits white people over non-white people, particularly if they are otherwise under the same social, political, or economic circumstances.


That was from wikipedia, the prior definition from your friendly Google. I want you all to think real hard on this, and that actual colleges of "higher education" teach this. Whether or not you buy into the fact that a white man born several decades, nay even a century, after his ancestors first set foot somewhere is somehow responsible for your poor life choices, that's your gig. We're all individuals. My problem as a white individual is constantly being harassed, daily, for that based on my outward appearance. I was grown to move beyond such petty bullcrap, supposed to be the generation that extends that hand in friendship. None of that happened, and it wasn't because of me being the evil white demon.
Last edited by Anagonia on Sat May 18, 2019 9:42 pm, edited 5 times in total.

User avatar
The Empire of Pretantia
Post Czar
 
Posts: 39010
Founded: Oct 18, 2012
Democratic Socialists

Postby The Empire of Pretantia » Sat May 18, 2019 10:30 pm

The Derpy Democratic Republic Of Herp wrote:
The Empire of Pretantia wrote:Saika Totsuka from Oregairu, trap character whose most famous line is "I'm a boy."
Hideyoshi Kinoshita from Baka to Test, trap character who insists he's a guy.
Hime Arikawa from Himegoto, trap forced to crossdress, definitely a boy.
Rui Ninomiya from Gatchaman, boy who crossdresses.
Haku from Naruto, effeminate boy.
Mariya Shidou from Mariaholic, boy who pretends to be a girl at a Girls' School.
Felix from Re:Zero, boy who crossdresses.

These are some of the more famous exemples

Metal Gear is dead and John Romero is a hack so no.


What does Konimes running meteal gear into the ground have to do with this?

Solid snake said Trans rights. Konimi fucking mgs up has nothing do do with anything.

Neither does Solid Snake saying trans rights :^)
ywn be as good as this video
Gacha
Trashing other people's waifus
Anti-NN
EA
Douche flutes
Zimbabwe
Putting the toilet paper roll the wrong way
Every single square inch of Asia
Lewding Earth-chan
Pollution
4Chan in all its glory and all its horror
Playing the little Switch controller handheld thing in public
Treading on me
Socialism, Communism, Anarchism, and all their cousins and sisters and brothers and wife's sons
Alternate Universe 40K
Nightcore
Comcast
Zimbabwe
Believing the Ottomans were the third Roman Empire
Parodies of the Gadsden flag
The Fate Series
US politics

User avatar
USS Monitor
Retired Moderator
 
Posts: 28184
Founded: Jul 01, 2015
19th Century Iron Steamship

Postby USS Monitor » Sun May 19, 2019 12:31 am

Hey, guys... And girls and any other gender categories that anybody identifies with in this thread... Why are we talking about trans rights and anime characters?
Don't take life so serious... it isn't permanent... RIP Dyakovo and Ashmoria
NationStates issues editors may be harmful or fatal if swallowed. In case of accidental ingestion, please seek immediate medical assistance.
༄༅། །འགྲོ་བ་མི་རིགས་ག་ར་དབང་ཆ་འདྲ་མཉམ་འབད་སྒྱེཝ་ལས་ག་ར་གིས་གཅིག་གིས་གཅིག་ལུ་སྤུན་ཆའི་དམ་ཚིག་བསྟན་དགོས།

User avatar
The Xenopolis Confederation
Powerbroker
 
Posts: 7788
Founded: Aug 11, 2017
Anarchy

Postby The Xenopolis Confederation » Sun May 19, 2019 1:16 am

USS Monitor wrote:Hey, guys... And girls and any other gender categories that anybody identifies with in this thread... Why are we talking about trans rights and anime characters?

I think it was... I forget.
Pro: Liberty, Liberalism, Capitalism, Secularism, Equal opportunity, Direct Democracy, Windows Chauvinism, Psychedelic Rock, LGBT+ Rights, Live and let live tbh.
Against: Authoritarianism, Traditionalism, Non-Market-Socialism, Laissez-Faire Capitalism, Autocracy, (A)Theocracy, Macs, "The ends justify the means," Collectivism in all its forms.
Economic: 0.5
Social: -8
I'm an 18 year old Australian who tries to think about things but fails, as we all do. I'll regret this in 2 years tops.

I think I have gender dysphoria so I'd prefer you use she/her pronouns on me. If not, he/him'll do.

User avatar
West Leas Oros 2
Minister
 
Posts: 2135
Founded: Jul 15, 2018
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby West Leas Oros 2 » Mon May 20, 2019 1:31 pm

Pim Fortuyn wrote:I met some Hispanic girl on my campus during a fire drill recently. She was wearing a MAGA hat and holding up a sign which read “white privilege is a myth” as everyone congregated in the vicinity waiting to re-enter the building. I asked her why she thought what was expressed on her sign. To my dismay, she could not come up with a comprehensible answer and simply got annoyed.

From my personal perspective not enough of us have a good idea of what white privilege is. Most people have either a vague idea or dismiss it offhand. I think we could all benefit to read a short article or study about the idea. The case for halting it because it may make people “anti-White” is the same as arguing that the Nazism shouldn’t be taught about because it makes people anti-German.

Hate to pull a Godwin's Law on you, but i'd hardly consider any of this at all comparable to Nazism.
West Leas Oros 2, Election Boogaloo (Please ignore the 2 in our name in all IC interactions)
WLO Public News: West Leas Oros now a sponsor of Leninade!
I killed the entire population of Vuvuzela by raising the minimum wage
Simultaneously an evil commie who wants to take your toothbrush, and an evil brocialist reactionary and revisionist.
An accurate description of NSG: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=IQFU1y928dw

MP Arthur Woole in the NS Parliament

User avatar
Cappuccina
Minister
 
Posts: 2268
Founded: Jun 05, 2018
Authoritarian Democracy

Postby Cappuccina » Mon May 20, 2019 4:10 pm

Pim Fortuyn wrote:I met some Hispanic girl on my campus during a fire drill recently. She was wearing a MAGA hat and holding up a sign which read “white privilege is a myth” as everyone congregated in the vicinity waiting to re-enter the building. I asked her why she thought what was expressed on her sign. To my dismay, she could not come up with a comprehensible answer and simply got annoyed.

From my personal perspective not enough of us have a good idea of what white privilege is. Most people have either a vague idea or dismiss it offhand. I think we could all benefit to read a short article or study about the idea. The case for halting it because it may make people “anti-White” is the same as arguing that the Nazism shouldn’t be taught about because it makes people anti-German.

Not that I buy into the notion of "white privilege", but things like that are pretty delicate matters, you have to remember for quite sometime anti-nazism did tend to, perhaps unintentionally, reenforce anti-German sentiment.
Muslim, Female, Not white..... oppression points x3!!!!
Automobile fan!!! Also, RWD is best wheel drive, Midship is best ship!!! ^_^
Left/Right: -5.25
SocLib/Auth: 2.46

وحاربهم حتى لم يعد هناك فتنة ، والعبادة ستكون كلها لله وحده.

User avatar
Bear Stearns
Senator
 
Posts: 4443
Founded: Dec 02, 2018
Corporate Bordello

Postby Bear Stearns » Mon May 20, 2019 8:24 pm

Pim Fortuyn wrote:I met some Hispanic girl on my campus during a fire drill recently. She was wearing a MAGA hat and holding up a sign which read “white privilege is a myth” as everyone congregated in the vicinity waiting to re-enter the building. I asked her why she thought what was expressed on her sign. To my dismay, she could not come up with a comprehensible answer and simply got annoyed.

From my personal perspective not enough of us have a good idea of what white privilege is. Most people have either a vague idea or dismiss it offhand. I think we could all benefit to read a short article or study about the idea. The case for halting it because it may make people “anti-White” is the same as arguing that the Nazism shouldn’t be taught about because it makes people anti-German.


So being white is the equivalent of being a Nazi now?
The Bear Stearns Companies, Inc. is a New York-based global investment bank, securities trading and brokerage firm. Its main business areas are capital markets, investment banking, wealth management and global clearing services. Bear Stearns was founded as an equity trading house on May Day 1923 by Joseph Ainslie Bear, Robert B. Stearns and Harold C. Mayer with $500,000 in capital.
383 Madison Ave,
New York, NY 10017
Vince Vaughn

User avatar
Slongs
Spokesperson
 
Posts: 142
Founded: Aug 10, 2018
Authoritarian Democracy

Postby Slongs » Tue May 21, 2019 9:12 am

Bear Stearns wrote:
Pim Fortuyn wrote:I met some Hispanic girl on my campus during a fire drill recently. She was wearing a MAGA hat and holding up a sign which read “white privilege is a myth” as everyone congregated in the vicinity waiting to re-enter the building. I asked her why she thought what was expressed on her sign. To my dismay, she could not come up with a comprehensible answer and simply got annoyed.

From my personal perspective not enough of us have a good idea of what white privilege is. Most people have either a vague idea or dismiss it offhand. I think we could all benefit to read a short article or study about the idea. The case for halting it because it may make people “anti-White” is the same as arguing that the Nazism shouldn’t be taught about because it makes people anti-German.


So being white is the equivalent of being a Nazi now?

That's what they want you to believe
This is not a sig. It's a sandwich

User avatar
Liriena
Khan of Spam
 
Posts: 57187
Founded: Nov 19, 2010
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Liriena » Tue May 21, 2019 9:15 am

Bear Stearns wrote:
Pim Fortuyn wrote:I met some Hispanic girl on my campus during a fire drill recently. She was wearing a MAGA hat and holding up a sign which read “white privilege is a myth” as everyone congregated in the vicinity waiting to re-enter the building. I asked her why she thought what was expressed on her sign. To my dismay, she could not come up with a comprehensible answer and simply got annoyed.

From my personal perspective not enough of us have a good idea of what white privilege is. Most people have either a vague idea or dismiss it offhand. I think we could all benefit to read a short article or study about the idea. The case for halting it because it may make people “anti-White” is the same as arguing that the Nazism shouldn’t be taught about because it makes people anti-German.


So being white is the equivalent of being a Nazi now?

Nah. Being white is the equivalent of being a communist :P
be gay do crime


I am:
A pansexual, pantheist, green socialist
An aspiring writer and journalist
Political compass stuff:
Economic Left/Right: -8.13
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -8.92
For: Grassroots democracy, workers' self-management, humanitarianism, pacifism, pluralism, environmentalism, interculturalism, indigenous rights, minority rights, LGBT+ rights, feminism, optimism
Against: Nationalism, authoritarianism, fascism, conservatism, populism, violence, ethnocentrism, racism, sexism, religious bigotry, anti-LGBT+ bigotry, death penalty, neoliberalism, tribalism,
cynicism


⚧Copy and paste this in your sig
if you passed biology and know
gender and sex aren't the same thing.⚧

I disown most of my previous posts

User avatar
Slongs
Spokesperson
 
Posts: 142
Founded: Aug 10, 2018
Authoritarian Democracy

Postby Slongs » Tue May 21, 2019 9:17 am

Liriena wrote:Nah. Being white is the equivalent of being a communist :P

No u :P
This is not a sig. It's a sandwich

User avatar
Drongonia
Chargé d'Affaires
 
Posts: 466
Founded: Feb 11, 2019
Corporate Bordello

Postby Drongonia » Tue May 21, 2019 9:21 am

White privilege DOES NOT exist, at least not where I live in New Zealand or anywhere I've seen in the west.

I can only give you the local example:

"We" as whites make up the majority of the population (>70%) and yet we get nearly nothing out of it. Just because we go to prison less and can hold down a job, and take care of a family, we're privileged? Maori who are the so-called indigenous of the land, have special schools with exclusive scholarships, tribal tax exemptions, extra social welfare and family tax credits, medical initiatives targeted at their specific issues (while bowel cancer, the biggest killer of 50+ white men is basically ignored by the government). Maori youth will often be let off the hook for crimes in exchange for them attending special classes which do nothing. Maori are claiming land rights left and right, saying that we tricked them with the totally unfair system of currency exchange. People are being forced off public land after it's sold to Maori because they don't want anyone accessing it.

Let's look at the white and Asian groups for a sec.

We've got the highest rate of suicide, highest rate of YOUTH suicide, worst alcoholism rates, lowest government dependency ratio (meaning we don't get our tax $ worth), highest tax per capita, most crimes are committed against us and much more.

Say it with me here. THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS WHITE PRIVILEGE.
The Republic of Drongonia
MT Democratic nation with strong focus on defence, rights and the economy. Compassionate conservatism, with investment into public services and respect to LGBT rights and personal freedom.
Feel free to TG me for flag/not-too-complex graphics requests or hit up the threads.
FUX News Bulletins: PM flies to New Caporia for secret meeting | FUX News Poll: NAT 51% / LAB 36% / CON: 4% / GRN: 2% / LIB 2%| $50m announced to clean up council-owned parks
Government site | Our Prime Minister | Political Parties | Defence Force Info

User avatar
Slongs
Spokesperson
 
Posts: 142
Founded: Aug 10, 2018
Authoritarian Democracy

Postby Slongs » Tue May 21, 2019 10:03 am

Drongonia wrote:White privilege DOES NOT exist, at least not where I live in New Zealand or anywhere I've seen in the west.

I can only give you the local example:

"We" as whites make up the majority of the population (>70%) and yet we get nearly nothing out of it. Just because we go to prison less and can hold down a job, and take care of a family, we're privileged? Maori who are the so-called indigenous of the land, have special schools with exclusive scholarships, tribal tax exemptions, extra social welfare and family tax credits, medical initiatives targeted at their specific issues (while bowel cancer, the biggest killer of 50+ white men is basically ignored by the government). Maori youth will often be let off the hook for crimes in exchange for them attending special classes which do nothing. Maori are claiming land rights left and right, saying that we tricked them with the totally unfair system of currency exchange. People are being forced off public land after it's sold to Maori because they don't want anyone accessing it.

Let's look at the white and Asian groups for a sec.

We've got the highest rate of suicide, highest rate of YOUTH suicide, worst alcoholism rates, lowest government dependency ratio (meaning we don't get our tax $ worth), highest tax per capita, most crimes are committed against us and much more.

Say it with me here. THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS WHITE PRIVILEGE.


That's a fact that should be commonly known by everyone. Of course white privilege doesn't exist. Only a racist would claim it exists just to silence anyone who dares say it doesn't
This is not a sig. It's a sandwich

User avatar
LiberNovusAmericae
Negotiator
 
Posts: 5792
Founded: Mar 10, 2018
Left-Leaning College State

Postby LiberNovusAmericae » Tue May 21, 2019 10:22 am

I think the concept of "white privilege" was created to knock white people down, rather than actually helping minorities rise up.
Last edited by LiberNovusAmericae on Tue May 21, 2019 10:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
Nova Cyberia wrote:Thank you. I appreciate your respect for my low opinion of you.
Call me Liber for short.
Not to be confused with Novus America. We are different people with very different political opinions.

User avatar
Gormwood
Negotiator
 
Posts: 5569
Founded: Mar 25, 2019
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Gormwood » Tue May 21, 2019 10:25 am

So what should we call it when white people are much less likely to be brutalized or killed by police during a traffic stop, or are much more likely to get a loan approval or a callback for a job application especially over the phone?
Bloodthirsty savages who call for violence against the Right while simultaneously being unarmed defenseless sissies who will get slaughtered by the gun-toting Right in a civil war.
Breath So Bad, It Actually Drives People Mad

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Arthenius, Bear Stearns, Celritannia, Forumland, Galloism, Google Adsense [Bot], Gormwood, Ifreann, Independent Tunbridge Wells, Jean-Paul Sartre, Kernen, Liecthenbourg, Loben The 2nd, Nakena, Napkizemlja, Ngelmish, Northern Davincia, Nysa Hyades, Ostroeuropa, Populist New England, Refuge Isle, Rojava Free State, Saint-Thor, Samadhi, South Odreria 2, Sylh Alanor, The Derpy Democratic Republic Of Herp, The Two Jerseys, Uiiop, Vassenor, Volykos

Advertisement

Remove ads