NATION

PASSWORD

Alpha-Betas: Do they exist?

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

Do they exist?

Yes
24%
No
76%

Total votes : 126

Badb Catha
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Mar 28, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Badb Catha » Fri May 10, 2019 8:14 pm

The Alpha-Beta social diagram exists in many species, but humans are not one of them.
Neo-Fascist
Eastern Christian
Spiritualist
Environmentalist
Ultranationalist

Costa Fierro
Post Marshal

Founded: Dec 09, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Costa Fierro » Fri May 10, 2019 8:19 pm

New haven america wrote:Except that's not the case, as I've just pointed out.

You added onto what I said.
It's not harassment, it's a genuine question

It's not genuine, it's harassment. You can't claim something that you've never demonstrated.
"Inside every cynical person, there is a disappointed idealist." - George Carlin

The Rich Port
Post Czar

Founded: Jul 29, 2008
Left-Leaning College State

Postby The Rich Port » Fri May 10, 2019 8:22 pm

Badb Catha wrote:The Alpha-Beta social diagram exists in many species, but humans are not one of them.

Even for other species it's arguable.

Name a species that follows that dynamic.
THOSE THAT SOW THORNS SHOULD NOT EXPECT FLOWERS
CONSERVATISM IS FEAR AND STAGNATION AS IDEOLOGY. ONLY MARCH FORWARD.

Pronouns: She/Her
The Alt-Right Playbook
Alt-right/racist terminology
LOVEWHOYOUARE~

Neanderthaland
Powerbroker

Founded: Sep 10, 2016
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Neanderthaland » Fri May 10, 2019 8:23 pm

The Rich Port wrote:
Badb Catha wrote:The Alpha-Beta social diagram exists in many species, but humans are not one of them.

Neanderthals.

Prove me wrong. :p
Ug make fire. Mod ban Ug.

Costa Fierro
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Costa Fierro » Fri May 10, 2019 8:31 pm

The Rich Port wrote:

Chimpanzees.
"Inside every cynical person, there is a disappointed idealist." - George Carlin

New haven america
Post Czar

Founded: Oct 08, 2012
Left-Leaning College State

Postby New haven america » Fri May 10, 2019 9:07 pm

Costa Fierro wrote:
The Rich Port wrote:

Chimpanzees.

Didn't we just go over this a few pages ago.

"Alpha" chimps have to be very careful and not overstep their boundary or else the "Beta" chimps will end up killing them for the good of the group.
Human of the male variety
Will accept TGs
Char/Axis 2024

That's all folks~

Grenartia
Post Czar

Founded: Feb 14, 2010
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Grenartia » Sat May 11, 2019 12:44 am

Costa Fierro wrote:
Grenartia wrote:I have a suspicion the only reason any woman goes after them (other than the intimidation factor) is because society conditions them into thinking they are their "ideal" partners, in much the same way that society conditions men into thinking a blonde haired, blue eyed, lightly tanned, skimpily-clad woman with DD breasts is their "ideal" partner.

New age feminist bullshit aside, women prefer aggressive or dominant men because biology says so. And (apparently) only for short term relationships.

Alpha fucks, beta bucks is a phrase you lot should familiarise yourselves with.

Get outta here with that stupid incel shit. This is no different than when some dillweed gymbro misuses a study to tell you that soy is more potent than estrogen itself.
Lib-left. Antifascist, antitankie, anti-capitalist, anti-imperialist (including the imperialism of non-western countries). Christian (Unitarian Universalist). Background in physics.
Mostly a girl. She or they pronouns, please. Unrepentant transbian.
Reject tradition, embrace modernity.
People who call themselves based NEVER are.
The truth about kids transitioning.

Page
Post Marshal

Founded: Jan 12, 2012
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Page » Sat May 11, 2019 12:51 am

If you take the concept of 'alpha' and 'beta' from one deeply flawed study of wolves and apply it to human gender and power dynamics, good luck finding people that will actually have sex with you.
Anarcho-Communist Against: Bolsheviks, Fascists, TERFs, Putin, Autocrats, Conservatives, Ancaps, Bourgeoisie, Bigots, Liberals, Maoists

I don't believe in kink-shaming unless your kink is submitting to the state.

Costa Fierro
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Costa Fierro » Sat May 11, 2019 2:13 am

Grenartia wrote:Get outta here with that stupid incel shit.

Throwing around incel really cheapens it as an insult. Consider saving the term for someone who deserves it.

This is no different than when some dillweed gymbro misuses a study to tell you that soy is more potent than estrogen itself.

I used scientific studies that say women on certain parts of their ovulation prefer dominant men. Instead of getting a "sorry I was wrong, I'll take that into consideration in future", you stick to your "theory" harder than shit sticks to arse hair.

Besides, blonde bimbos with big breasts are so Bush Jr. era. Get with the times Gren. Tired stereotypes does not an argument make.

New haven america wrote:Didn't we just go over this a few pages ago.

"Alpha" chimps have to be very careful and not overstep their boundary or else the "Beta" chimps will end up killing them for the good of the group.

There is a hierarchy insofar as that there is a dominant male and "submissive" males, but the fluidity of groups pretty much mean that this can be upended. Once again thank you for adding to what I was saying.

VanQ the RPer
Lobbyist

Founded: May 11, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby VanQ the RPer » Sat May 11, 2019 5:31 am

No matter how physically fit and based you are, human society is more complex than simple chimpouts in the jungle. That being said, I think the terms are applicable but instead of physical dominance in the form of violence, social dominance (broader in scope) determines if you are 'Alpha' or 'Beta' in the eyes of others even if they wouldnt use those terms to describe you.
1 noogie from perma NS ban x)
Reformed, positive writing feedback only
I still flame inters on LoL ffs Rito

Gormwood
Postmaster-General

Founded: Mar 25, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Gormwood » Sat May 11, 2019 6:00 am

New haven america wrote:
Costa Fierro wrote:
Chimpanzees.

Didn't we just go over this a few pages ago.

Chimps did beta uprising before it was cool.
Bloodthirsty savages who call for violence against the Right while simultaneously being unarmed defenseless sissies who will get slaughtered by the gun-toting Right in a civil war.
Breath So Bad, It Actually Drives People Mad

LiberNovusAmericae
Negotiator

Founded: Mar 10, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby LiberNovusAmericae » Sat May 11, 2019 6:10 am

Alphas and Betas exist... in the strange world of BDSM.

Grenartia
Post Czar

Founded: Feb 14, 2010
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Grenartia » Sat May 11, 2019 7:54 am

Costa Fierro wrote:
Grenartia wrote:Get outta here with that stupid incel shit.

Throwing around incel really cheapens it as an insult. Consider saving the term for someone who deserves it.

I did. And still do. You forget, I'm a former incel. I recognize that shit on sight.

This is no different than when some dillweed gymbro misuses a study to tell you that soy is more potent than estrogen itself.

I used scientific studies that say women on certain parts of their ovulation prefer dominant men.

And came to a shit-tier conclusion.

Instead of getting a "sorry I was wrong, I'll take that into consideration in future", you stick to your "theory" harder than shit sticks to arse hair.

I admit when I've been proven wrong ONLY when I have actually been proven wrong.

Besides, blonde bimbos with big breasts are so Bush Jr. era. Get with the times Gren. Tired stereotypes does not an argument make.

Gymbro =/= bimbo. Though there might be some overlap with himbos.
Lib-left. Antifascist, antitankie, anti-capitalist, anti-imperialist (including the imperialism of non-western countries). Christian (Unitarian Universalist). Background in physics.
Mostly a girl. She or they pronouns, please. Unrepentant transbian.
Reject tradition, embrace modernity.
People who call themselves based NEVER are.
The truth about kids transitioning.

Scomagia
Post Marshal

Founded: Apr 14, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Scomagia » Sat May 11, 2019 8:03 am

Page wrote:If you take the concept of 'alpha' and 'beta' from one deeply flawed study of wolves and apply it to human gender and power dynamics, good luck finding people that will actually have sex with you.

Well, the people who seem to be buying into it the most are men who are either "going their own way"(yet never really seem to) or otherwise weak men who believe women won't fuck them anyway.

So, you're kinda right.
Insert trite farewell here

Costa Fierro
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Costa Fierro » Sat May 11, 2019 6:02 pm

Grenartia wrote:I did. And still do. You forget, I'm a former incel. I recognize that shit on sight.

As the saying goes, stones and glasshouses.

And came to a shit-tier conclusion.

It's only "shit tier" because you were proven wrong in your hypothesis.

I admit when I've been proven wrong ONLY when I have actually been proven wrong.

And seeing as you have, why don't you admit that you've been proven wrong now to save further embarrassment?

Gymbro =/= bimbo. Though there might be some overlap with himbos.

When you're willing to admit that you are wrong and have better opinions, feel free to reply.

Previous

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General