NATION

PASSWORD

1 dead 7 injured in Highland Ranch, Colorado STEM shooting

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

LiberNovusAmericae
Negotiator

Founded: Mar 10, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby LiberNovusAmericae » Thu May 09, 2019 12:18 pm

Gormwood wrote:
Nova Cyberia wrote:They shot up a school and killed 7 people, so I'd say my spite is pretty justified.

Did you read the thread title snd article? 1 dead, 7 injured.

Do you go about calling suspected Islamic terrorists "sand niggers" out of spite too? Or using racial slurs to refer to suspects in general?

I doubt it because he didn't say any slurs this time around.

Paddy O Fernature
Postmaster-General

Founded: Sep 30, 2010
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Paddy O Fernature » Thu May 09, 2019 12:19 pm

LiberNovusAmericae wrote:
Gormwood wrote:Did you read the thread title snd article? 1 dead, 7 injured.

Do you go about calling suspected Islamic terrorists "sand niggers" out of spite too? Or using racial slurs to refer to suspects in general?

Indeed.

Proud Co-Founder of The Axis Commonwealth - Would you like to know more?
SJW! Why? Some nobody on the internet who has never met me accused me of being one, so it absolutely MUST be true! *Nod Nod*

Gormwood
Postmaster-General

Founded: Mar 25, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Gormwood » Thu May 09, 2019 12:20 pm

Paddy O Fernature wrote:
LiberNovusAmericae wrote:

Indeed.

So it's acceptable or even encouraged to misgender trans suspects. Wow.
Bloodthirsty savages who call for violence against the Right while simultaneously being unarmed defenseless sissies who will get slaughtered by the gun-toting Right in a civil war.
Breath So Bad, It Actually Drives People Mad

LiberNovusAmericae
Negotiator

Founded: Mar 10, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby LiberNovusAmericae » Thu May 09, 2019 12:22 pm

Gormwood wrote:
Paddy O Fernature wrote:
Indeed.

Them being a minority should give them no special privileges.
Last edited by LiberNovusAmericae on Thu May 09, 2019 12:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Nova Cyberia
Senator

Founded: May 06, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Nova Cyberia » Thu May 09, 2019 12:22 pm

Gormwood wrote:
Paddy O Fernature wrote:
Indeed.

When they shot up a school?

Kind of.

I mean, or you could just call them by their legal names. Apparently that pisses them off too.
Yes, yes, I get it. I'm racist and fascist because I disagree with you. Can we skip that part? I've heard it a million times before and I guarantee it won't be any different when you do it
##############
American Nationalist
Third Positionist Gang

Paddy O Fernature
Postmaster-General

Postby Paddy O Fernature » Thu May 09, 2019 12:24 pm

Gormwood wrote:
Paddy O Fernature wrote:
Indeed.

You really should stop putting words in peoples mouths Gauth, it's highly unbecoming of you. It's also makes it look like you don't have a logical point to debate from as you apparently have to make stuff up to try and prove whatever it is you are trying to say.

SJW! Why? Some nobody on the internet who has never met me accused me of being one, so it absolutely MUST be true! *Nod Nod*

Gormwood
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Gormwood » Thu May 09, 2019 12:27 pm

Paddy O Fernature wrote:
Gormwood wrote:So it's acceptable or even encouraged to misgender trans suspects. Wow.

You really should stop putting words in peoples mouths Gauth, it's highly unbecoming of you. It's also makes it look like you don't have a logical point to debate from as you apparently have to make stuff up to try and prove whatever it is you are trying to say.

You find nothing wrong with misgendering the shooters so it stands to follow you condone the misgendering of trans suspects in general.
Bloodthirsty savages who call for violence against the Right while simultaneously being unarmed defenseless sissies who will get slaughtered by the gun-toting Right in a civil war.

Nova Cyberia
Senator

Founded: May 06, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Nova Cyberia » Thu May 09, 2019 12:35 pm

Gormwood wrote:
Paddy O Fernature wrote:

You find nothing wrong with misgendering the shooters so it stands to follow you condone the misgendering of trans suspects in general.

They shot up a school. We know they did this. So I'm not going to do what they want. I'm not going to say what they want. They're human debris. They're garbage. They killed an innocent person and almost killed 7 others. As far as I'm concerned the only right they have is to sit in cold, dark cells for the remainder of their lives.

That's what we're saying.
Yes, yes, I get it. I'm racist and fascist because I disagree with you. Can we skip that part? I've heard it a million times before and I guarantee it won't be any different when you do it
##############
American Nationalist
Third Positionist Gang

Grinning Dragon
Postmaster-General

Founded: May 16, 2011
Anarchy

Postby Grinning Dragon » Thu May 09, 2019 12:36 pm

Gormwood wrote:
Paddy O Fernature wrote:

IMO, I would think in a trial such as this, the court would refer to the defendant's birth sex not what the defendant demands of the court in how they should be addressed.

Paddy O Fernature
Postmaster-General

Postby Paddy O Fernature » Thu May 09, 2019 12:56 pm

Grinning Dragon wrote:
Gormwood wrote:You find nothing wrong with misgendering the shooters so it stands to follow you condone the misgendering of trans suspects in general.

IMO, I would think in a trial such as this, the court would refer to the defendant's birth sex not what the defendant demands of the court in how they should be addressed.

Now now GD, that makes too much logical sense for use around these parts.

Off to the dungeon with you! I'm sure you know the way. :lol:

Proctopeo
Postmaster-General

Founded: Sep 26, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Proctopeo » Thu May 09, 2019 1:07 pm

Honestly, after being directly involved in the death of one and the injuring of 7 more, that nicety shouldn't have to be extended. They didn't extend an even more basic nicety - not killing people - so one as comparatively minor as that shouldn't be of anyone's concern.
Besides, it's kinda sad how they're trying to find any sort of moral standing by complaining about this.
Arachno-anarchism || NO GODS NO MASTERS || Free NSG Odreria

Gormwood
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Gormwood » Thu May 09, 2019 1:19 pm

The shooters cited transphobic bullying as a motive and here we have posters calling for validating their grievance further.

Scomagia
Post Marshal

Founded: Apr 14, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Scomagia » Thu May 09, 2019 1:26 pm

Gormwood wrote:The shooters cited transphobic bullying as a motive and here we have posters calling for validating their grievance further.

Their alleged grievance. It's entirely reasonable to assume they may be lying.
Last edited by Scomagia on Thu May 09, 2019 1:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Insert trite farewell here

Grinning Dragon
Postmaster-General

Anarchy

Postby Grinning Dragon » Thu May 09, 2019 1:26 pm

Gormwood wrote:The shooters cited transphobic bullying as a motive and here we have posters calling for validating their grievance further.

They can cite all they want, still does not warrant their actions nor their demands nor is it worthy of any sympathy.
The actions they took is in no way justified.

Paddy O Fernature
Postmaster-General

Postby Paddy O Fernature » Thu May 09, 2019 1:29 pm

So, because they were allegedly bullied, it apparently justifies their actions of shooting up a school full of children?

That's a might shitty position to be taking Gauth, even for you.
Last edited by Paddy O Fernature on Thu May 09, 2019 1:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Gormwood
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Gormwood » Thu May 09, 2019 1:31 pm

Paddy O Fernature wrote:

So, because they were allegedly bullied, it apparently justifies their actions of shooting up a school full of children?

That's a might shitty position to be taken Gauth, even for you.

That's your baity Bizarro World take. In the real world, I said we shouldn't validate their claim by deliberately misgendering them and possibly encouraging other abused transgender kids to see their point of view and act accordingly.
Last edited by Gormwood on Thu May 09, 2019 1:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Grinning Dragon
Postmaster-General

Anarchy

Postby Grinning Dragon » Thu May 09, 2019 1:45 pm

Gormwood wrote:
Paddy O Fernature wrote:

That's a might shitty position to be taken Gauth, even for you.

That's your Bizarro World take. In the real world, I said we shouldn't validate their claim by deliberately misgendering them and possibly encouraging other abused transgender kids to see their point of view and act accordingly.

So perception is reality now? You do not validate ones twisted sense of grievance because of feelings. What's that saying again, "fuck their feelings" deal with the real world like a measured adult.

Gormwood
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Gormwood » Thu May 09, 2019 1:49 pm

Grinning Dragon wrote:
Gormwood wrote:That's your Bizarro World take. In the real world, I said we shouldn't validate their claim by deliberately misgendering them and possibly encouraging other abused transgender kids to see their point of view and act accordingly.

So perception is reality now? You do not validate ones twisted sense of grievance because of feelings. What's that saying again, "fuck their feelings" deal with the real world like a measured adult.

So what if the misgendering encourages further transphobic abuse, right?

Vassenor
Khan of Spam

Founded: Nov 11, 2010
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Vassenor » Thu May 09, 2019 1:55 pm

So we're doing the whole "we can't do X because that's giving them what they want" again?
Jenny / Sailor Astraea
WOMAN

MtF trans and proud - She / Her / etc.
100% Asbestos Free

Team Mystic
#iamEUropean

"Have you ever had a moment online, when the need to prove someone wrong has outweighed your own self-preservation instincts?"

Gormwood
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Gormwood » Thu May 09, 2019 1:56 pm

Vassenor wrote:So we're doing the whole "we can't do X because that's giving them what they want" again?

That's only bad when talking about gun control, silly.

Luminesa
Khan of Spam

Founded: Dec 09, 2014

Postby Luminesa » Thu May 09, 2019 2:06 pm

Gormwood wrote:
Grinning Dragon wrote:

So what if the misgendering encourages further transphobic abuse, right?

I mean this whole thing is basically saying that if someone doesn’t stop misgendering, more trans kids are going to snap and shoot-up schools. Way to label transgender kids as unstable, trigger-happy maniacs Gauth. Literally nobody here actually believes you care about trans kids, who are some of the most vulnerable teenagers and who are, statistically, more of a threat to themselves than to other people.
Last edited by Luminesa on Thu May 09, 2019 2:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Catholic, pro-life, and proud of it. I prefer my debates on religion, politics, and sports with some coffee and a little Aquinas and G.K. CHESTERTON here and there. :3
Unofficial #1 fan of the Who Dat Nation.
"I'm just a singer of simple songs, I'm not a real political man. I watch CNN, but I'm not sure I can tell you the difference in Iraq and Iran. But I know Jesus, and I talk to God, and I remember this from when I was young:
faith, hope and love are some good things He gave us...
and the greatest is love."
-Alan Jackson
Help the Ukrainian people, here's some sources!
Help bring home First Nation girls! Now with more ways to help!
Jesus loves all of His children in Eastern Europe - pray for peace.
Pray for Ukraine, Wear Sunflowers In Your Hair

Luminesa
Khan of Spam

Founded: Dec 09, 2014

Postby Luminesa » Thu May 09, 2019 2:08 pm

Vassenor wrote:So we're doing the whole "we can't do X because that's giving them what they want" again?

You of all people shouldn’t be siding with someone who says that trans kids are likely to shoot-up a school if someone misgenders them.
Catholic, pro-life, and proud of it. I prefer my debates on religion, politics, and sports with some coffee and a little Aquinas and G.K. CHESTERTON here and there. :3
Unofficial #1 fan of the Who Dat Nation.
"I'm just a singer of simple songs, I'm not a real political man. I watch CNN, but I'm not sure I can tell you the difference in Iraq and Iran. But I know Jesus, and I talk to God, and I remember this from when I was young:
faith, hope and love are some good things He gave us...
and the greatest is love."
-Alan Jackson
Help the Ukrainian people, here's some sources!
Help bring home First Nation girls! Now with more ways to help!
Jesus loves all of His children in Eastern Europe - pray for peace.
Pray for Ukraine, Wear Sunflowers In Your Hair

Proctopeo
Postmaster-General

Founded: Sep 26, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Proctopeo » Thu May 09, 2019 2:18 pm

Grinning Dragon wrote:

They can cite all they want, still does not warrant their actions nor their demands nor is it worthy of any sympathy.
The actions they took is in no way justified.

Couldn't have said it better myself.

Paddy O Fernature wrote:

Yeah it's an incredibly fucked stance to take.

To put it in a different perspective, though it will invariably fall in deaf ears, the emotional duress experienced by the shooters by not being referred to by the proper names and pronouns is minimal in comparison to what the family of the dead, and the families of the injured, are experiencing right now. The correct option is to ignore their complaints. They're unimportant.
Arachno-anarchism || NO GODS NO MASTERS || Free NSG Odreria

Esternial
Retired Moderator

Founded: May 09, 2009

Postby Esternial » Thu May 09, 2019 2:27 pm

Paddy O Fernature wrote:

So basically you're claiming that someone saying there's no point in deliberately mis-gendering people out of spite = saying their violence was justified.

Come on man.
Last edited by Esternial on Thu May 09, 2019 2:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Loben The 2nd
Senator

Founded: Apr 29, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Loben The 2nd » Thu May 09, 2019 2:53 pm

Mass shootings; now justified depending on the perpetrator.

What a time to be alive.
no quarter.
Satisfaction guaranteed.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General