NATION

PASSWORD

1 dead 7 injured in Highland Ranch, Colorado STEM shooting

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)
User avatar
Gig em Aggies
Negotiator
 
Posts: 6818
Founded: Aug 15, 2009
Iron Fist Consumerists

1 dead 7 injured in Highland Ranch, Colorado STEM shooting

Postby Gig em Aggies » Tue May 07, 2019 2:47 pm

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/at-le ... spartandhp

Two suspects are in custody after multiple victims were shot at a Colorado school, a law enforcement source told ABC News.

Authorities are currently engaging a third suspect, the source said.

The Douglas County Sheriff's Office received reports that shots were fired at the STEM School in Highlands Ranch just before 2 p.m., according to a tweet. At least seven people are believed to be injured, according to the sheriff's office.

The school does not have a school resource officer, authorities said. It is still an active shooter situation.
The charter school teaches kindergarten through 12th grade and has more than 1,800 students, the spokeswoman said. More than 500 of those students are elementary age, ABC Denver affiliate KMGH reported.
The school was under lockdown as authorities went from classroom to classroom to clear them, KMGH reported. Nearby schools were placed on lockout, according to the local station.
Parents were instructed to pick up their children nearby at the Northridge Recreation Center.
Concerned mother Kelley Paulson told KMGH that her sixth-grade son got out of the school but her third-grade daughter was still inside.
The school was surrounded by first responders, Paulson said.
Kelly’s son, Christian, said he was in study hall when he saw a “bunch of kids running out and saying, ‘school shooter, school shooter.’” At first, he wasn’t sure the situation was real, he said.
“I tried to run with my life but I’m out of breath,” Christian said.
Colorado Gov. Jared Polis said the state is making all public safety resources available to assist the sheriff's office.
"The heart of all Colorado is with the victims and their families," Polis said in a statement.
Additional information was not immediately available.
ABC News' Malka Abramoff and Bonnie Mclean contributed to this report.


Just saw this on msn after I got done playing a different game. I am sad another shooting occurred but I am happy that the people were only injured and not killed luckily the shooters were caught before anymore damage could be done. Plus I hope we find out how this shooting was stopped when the school didn't have an SRO (school resource officer)
Last edited by Gig em Aggies on Wed May 08, 2019 5:10 am, edited 4 times in total.
“One of the serious problems of planning against Aggie doctrine is that the Aggies do not read their manuals nor do they feel any obligations to follow their doctrine.”
“The reason that the Aggies does so well in wartime, is that war is chaos, and the Aggies practices chaos on a daily basis.”
“If we don’t know what we are doing, the enemy certainly can’t anticipate our future actions!”

User avatar
Nova Cyberia
Senator
 
Posts: 4456
Founded: May 06, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Nova Cyberia » Tue May 07, 2019 2:49 pm

The school does not have a school resource officer, authorities said.

wait, so having no guns at the school didn't prevent a shooting?

totally shocking.
Yes, yes, I get it. I'm racist and fascist because I disagree with you. Can we skip that part? I've heard it a million times before and I guarantee it won't be any different when you do it
##############
American Nationalist
Third Positionist Gang

User avatar
Vassenor
Post Czar
 
Posts: 46217
Founded: Nov 11, 2010
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Vassenor » Tue May 07, 2019 2:50 pm

Nova Cyberia wrote:
The school does not have a school resource officer, authorities said.

wait, so having no guns at the school didn't prevent a shooting?

totally shocking.


By your logic I could say this rock keeps tigers away.
Jenny / Sailor Astraea
WOMAN

MtF trans and proud - She / Her / etc.
100% Asbestos Free

Hufflepuff/Team Mystic

User avatar
Nova Cyberia
Senator
 
Posts: 4456
Founded: May 06, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Nova Cyberia » Tue May 07, 2019 2:53 pm

Vassenor wrote:
Nova Cyberia wrote:wait, so having no guns at the school didn't prevent a shooting?

totally shocking.


By your logic I could say this rock keeps tigers away.

uh, unless that rock is really big it won't keep a tiger away.

in fact, it'll probably just piss it off.
Yes, yes, I get it. I'm racist and fascist because I disagree with you. Can we skip that part? I've heard it a million times before and I guarantee it won't be any different when you do it
##############
American Nationalist
Third Positionist Gang

User avatar
Gormwood
Negotiator
 
Posts: 5544
Founded: Mar 25, 2019
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Gormwood » Tue May 07, 2019 2:54 pm

Vassenor wrote:
Nova Cyberia wrote:wait, so having no guns at the school didn't prevent a shooting?

totally shocking.


By your logic I could say this rock keeps tigers away.

If the student body was armed they could have shot the shooter first, duh.
Bloodthirsty savages who call for violence against the Right while simultaneously being unarmed defenseless sissies who will get slaughtered by the gun-toting Right in a civil war.
Breath So Bad, It Actually Drives People Mad

User avatar
Nova Cyberia
Senator
 
Posts: 4456
Founded: May 06, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Nova Cyberia » Tue May 07, 2019 2:57 pm

Gormwood wrote:
Vassenor wrote:
By your logic I could say this rock keeps tigers away.

If the student body was armed they could have shot the shooter first, duh.

>tfw people protecting themselves makes you A N G E R Y
Yes, yes, I get it. I'm racist and fascist because I disagree with you. Can we skip that part? I've heard it a million times before and I guarantee it won't be any different when you do it
##############
American Nationalist
Third Positionist Gang

User avatar
Gormwood
Negotiator
 
Posts: 5544
Founded: Mar 25, 2019
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Gormwood » Tue May 07, 2019 3:00 pm

Nova Cyberia wrote:
Gormwood wrote:If the student body was armed they could have shot the shooter first, duh.

>tfw people protecting themselves makes you A N G E R Y

Pssst... Columbine happened when a couple of unpopular kids armed up.
Bloodthirsty savages who call for violence against the Right while simultaneously being unarmed defenseless sissies who will get slaughtered by the gun-toting Right in a civil war.
Breath So Bad, It Actually Drives People Mad

User avatar
Nova Cyberia
Senator
 
Posts: 4456
Founded: May 06, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Nova Cyberia » Tue May 07, 2019 3:03 pm

Gormwood wrote:
Nova Cyberia wrote:>tfw people protecting themselves makes you A N G E R Y

Pssst... Columbine happened when a couple of unpopular kids armed up.

yeah... but massacring people is kind of the opposite of protecting themselves, you know.

just a small difference.
Yes, yes, I get it. I'm racist and fascist because I disagree with you. Can we skip that part? I've heard it a million times before and I guarantee it won't be any different when you do it
##############
American Nationalist
Third Positionist Gang

User avatar
Cerinda
Diplomat
 
Posts: 665
Founded: Feb 18, 2019
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Cerinda » Tue May 07, 2019 3:04 pm

Gormwood wrote:
Nova Cyberia wrote:>tfw people protecting themselves makes you A N G E R Y

Pssst... Columbine happened when a couple of unpopular kids armed up.

I think the motive goes beyond them just being unpopular.
Nation does not represent irl views.
Pro: Socialism, Anti-imperialism, Anti-Fascism, Worker's rights, Gun Rights, Republicanism, Left-Wing Populism, History, LGBTQ+, Military parades, Atheism, Secularism

Anti: Capitalism, Fascism, Monarchism, Far right Nationalism, Gun Control, Imperialism, NATO, Religion, Racism, Conservativism, Traditionalism
Esheaun Stroakuss wrote:As always, she and her inbred minions will be fine whilst the rest of us get our arseholes annexed by the might of the Tory thundercock.
Title: The People's Socialist Republic of Cerinda
Leader: Andrei Kamriov
Government: One Party Marxist-Leninist State under the control of the Communist Party
Capital: Kovograd


Will be posting again soon

User avatar
The New California Republic
Post Marshal
 
Posts: 19175
Founded: Jun 06, 2011
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby The New California Republic » Tue May 07, 2019 3:05 pm

Gig em Aggies wrote:
“I tried to run with my life but I’m out of breath,” Christian said.


The fuck does the statement by this kid even mean? It's complete gobbledegook. :eyebrow:
Last edited by Friedrich Nietzsche on Thu Jan 03, 1889 13:05 pm, edited 999 times in total.

The Irradiated Wasteland of The New California Republic: depicting the expanded NCR, several years after the complete victory over Caesar's Legion, and the pacification and annexation of New Vegas and its surrounding areas.
Current President of The NCR: Aaron Kimball.
Current NCR Ambassador to The World Assembly: Colonel James Hsu, NCR Army (Ret.)
.

||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||

User avatar
Scomagia
Post Marshal
 
Posts: 18703
Founded: Apr 14, 2009
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Scomagia » Tue May 07, 2019 3:05 pm

Nova Cyberia wrote:
Gormwood wrote:If the student body was armed they could have shot the shooter first, duh.

>tfw people protecting themselves makes you A N G E R Y

There are plenty of other threads about guns and gun politics. It's bad form to turn a mass shooting or terrorism thread into a discussion on guns, let alone on the first page.
Insert trite farewell here

User avatar
Gormwood
Negotiator
 
Posts: 5544
Founded: Mar 25, 2019
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Gormwood » Tue May 07, 2019 3:07 pm

Cerinda wrote:
Gormwood wrote:Pssst... Columbine happened when a couple of unpopular kids armed up.

I think the motive goes beyond them just being unpopular.

The point being, every school has unpopular kids, some of which might have anger issues.
Bloodthirsty savages who call for violence against the Right while simultaneously being unarmed defenseless sissies who will get slaughtered by the gun-toting Right in a civil war.
Breath So Bad, It Actually Drives People Mad

User avatar
Nova Cyberia
Senator
 
Posts: 4456
Founded: May 06, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Nova Cyberia » Tue May 07, 2019 3:10 pm

Gormwood wrote:
Cerinda wrote:I think the motive goes beyond them just being unpopular.

The point being, every school has unpopular kids, some of which might have anger issues.

ah, singling out socially ostracized and bullied kids.

classy.
Last edited by Nova Cyberia on Tue May 07, 2019 3:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Yes, yes, I get it. I'm racist and fascist because I disagree with you. Can we skip that part? I've heard it a million times before and I guarantee it won't be any different when you do it
##############
American Nationalist
Third Positionist Gang

User avatar
Grinning Dragon
Negotiator
 
Posts: 6443
Founded: May 16, 2011
Anarchy

Postby Grinning Dragon » Tue May 07, 2019 3:11 pm

The New California Republic wrote:
Gig em Aggies wrote:
“I tried to run with my life but I’m out of breath,” Christian said.


The fuck does the statement by this kid even mean? It's complete gobbledegook. :eyebrow:

Sounds like to me he is saying that he is sorely out of shape or perhaps smoked a bit too much pot before he had to bail.
I prefer Dangerous Freedom over peaceful slavery! Sic Semper Tyrannis!
Gun-Control is the belief that declawing the cat will protect it against other animals; also why are anti-gun people so violent?
Socialism is a philosophy of failure, the creed of ignorance, and the gospel of envy, its inherent virtue is the equal sharing of misery!
Socialism- the herpes of economic systems.
My Constitutional Rights trump your dead. Proud American infidel since the 1970's-Deus Vult
The made up term "toxic masculinity" is founded on nonsense psychologism

User avatar
Gormwood
Negotiator
 
Posts: 5544
Founded: Mar 25, 2019
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Gormwood » Tue May 07, 2019 3:12 pm

Nova Cyberia wrote:
Gormwood wrote:The point being, every school has unpopular kids, some of which might have anger issues.

ah, singling out socially ostracized and bullied kids.

classy.

If you want to arm the angry kids then go right ahead.
Bloodthirsty savages who call for violence against the Right while simultaneously being unarmed defenseless sissies who will get slaughtered by the gun-toting Right in a civil war.
Breath So Bad, It Actually Drives People Mad

User avatar
Nova Cyberia
Senator
 
Posts: 4456
Founded: May 06, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Nova Cyberia » Tue May 07, 2019 3:12 pm

Gormwood wrote:
Nova Cyberia wrote:ah, singling out socially ostracized and bullied kids.

classy.

If you want to arm the angry kids then go right ahead.

being bullied means you're more likely to kill people, I guess.

you have evidence for this?
Yes, yes, I get it. I'm racist and fascist because I disagree with you. Can we skip that part? I've heard it a million times before and I guarantee it won't be any different when you do it
##############
American Nationalist
Third Positionist Gang

User avatar
Vassenor
Post Czar
 
Posts: 46217
Founded: Nov 11, 2010
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Vassenor » Tue May 07, 2019 3:13 pm

Nova Cyberia wrote:
Gormwood wrote:If the student body was armed they could have shot the shooter first, duh.

>tfw people protecting themselves makes you A N G E R Y


>tfw people still think easier access to the means to commit mass murder will make mass murder less likely
Jenny / Sailor Astraea
WOMAN

MtF trans and proud - She / Her / etc.
100% Asbestos Free

Hufflepuff/Team Mystic

User avatar
Nova Cyberia
Senator
 
Posts: 4456
Founded: May 06, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Nova Cyberia » Tue May 07, 2019 3:15 pm

Vassenor wrote:
Nova Cyberia wrote:>tfw people protecting themselves makes you A N G E R Y


>tfw people still think easier access to the means to commit mass murder will make mass murder less likely

>tfw people conveniently ignore the fact that most gun owners are law-abiding
Yes, yes, I get it. I'm racist and fascist because I disagree with you. Can we skip that part? I've heard it a million times before and I guarantee it won't be any different when you do it
##############
American Nationalist
Third Positionist Gang

User avatar
Vassenor
Post Czar
 
Posts: 46217
Founded: Nov 11, 2010
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Vassenor » Tue May 07, 2019 3:16 pm

Nova Cyberia wrote:
Vassenor wrote:
>tfw people still think easier access to the means to commit mass murder will make mass murder less likely

>tfw people conveniently ignore the fact that most gun owners are law-abiding


And?
Jenny / Sailor Astraea
WOMAN

MtF trans and proud - She / Her / etc.
100% Asbestos Free

Hufflepuff/Team Mystic

User avatar
The New California Republic
Post Marshal
 
Posts: 19175
Founded: Jun 06, 2011
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby The New California Republic » Tue May 07, 2019 3:16 pm

Grinning Dragon wrote:
Gig em Aggies wrote:
“I tried to run with my life but I’m out of breath,” Christian said.

The New California Republic wrote:The fuck does the statement by this kid even mean? It's complete gobbledegook. :eyebrow:

Sounds like to me he is saying that he is sorely out of shape or perhaps smoked a bit too much pot before he had to bail.

It's the "I tried to run with my life" part that I don't get. Was his life running ahead of him and he couldn't keep up or something? Did he have an out-of-body experience?
Last edited by Friedrich Nietzsche on Thu Jan 03, 1889 13:05 pm, edited 999 times in total.

The Irradiated Wasteland of The New California Republic: depicting the expanded NCR, several years after the complete victory over Caesar's Legion, and the pacification and annexation of New Vegas and its surrounding areas.
Current President of The NCR: Aaron Kimball.
Current NCR Ambassador to The World Assembly: Colonel James Hsu, NCR Army (Ret.)
.

||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||

User avatar
Nova Cyberia
Senator
 
Posts: 4456
Founded: May 06, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Nova Cyberia » Tue May 07, 2019 3:18 pm

Vassenor wrote:
Nova Cyberia wrote:>tfw people conveniently ignore the fact that most gun owners are law-abiding


And?

and targeting legal gun owners (which is what gun control does) won't actually do much to stop mass killings.
Yes, yes, I get it. I'm racist and fascist because I disagree with you. Can we skip that part? I've heard it a million times before and I guarantee it won't be any different when you do it
##############
American Nationalist
Third Positionist Gang

User avatar
Grinning Dragon
Negotiator
 
Posts: 6443
Founded: May 16, 2011
Anarchy

Postby Grinning Dragon » Tue May 07, 2019 3:18 pm

The New California Republic wrote:
Grinning Dragon wrote:Sounds like to me he is saying that he is sorely out of shape or perhaps smoked a bit too much pot before he had to bail.

It's the "I tried to run with my life" part that I don't get. Was his life running ahead of him and he couldn't keep up or something? Did he have an out-of-body experience?

I'm chalking it up to the fact he was panting heavily and his mind was racing faster than he could spit out the words and ended up sounding like a drunken Homer Simpson.
I prefer Dangerous Freedom over peaceful slavery! Sic Semper Tyrannis!
Gun-Control is the belief that declawing the cat will protect it against other animals; also why are anti-gun people so violent?
Socialism is a philosophy of failure, the creed of ignorance, and the gospel of envy, its inherent virtue is the equal sharing of misery!
Socialism- the herpes of economic systems.
My Constitutional Rights trump your dead. Proud American infidel since the 1970's-Deus Vult
The made up term "toxic masculinity" is founded on nonsense psychologism

User avatar
Gormwood
Negotiator
 
Posts: 5544
Founded: Mar 25, 2019
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Gormwood » Tue May 07, 2019 3:19 pm

Nova Cyberia wrote:
Gormwood wrote:If you want to arm the angry kids then go right ahead.

being bullied means you're more likely to kill people, I guess.

you have evidence for this?

Texas school shooting: Accused shooter's dad believes bullying behind rampage, paper says

Bullying sparked fatal shooting at NC high school, police say

Parkland Students Bullied Shooter
Bloodthirsty savages who call for violence against the Right while simultaneously being unarmed defenseless sissies who will get slaughtered by the gun-toting Right in a civil war.
Breath So Bad, It Actually Drives People Mad

User avatar
Vassenor
Post Czar
 
Posts: 46217
Founded: Nov 11, 2010
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Vassenor » Tue May 07, 2019 3:19 pm

Nova Cyberia wrote:
Vassenor wrote:
And?

and targeting legal gun owners (which is what gun control does) won't actually do much to stop mass killings.


Which is why there has not been a mass shooting in the UK in over twenty years?
Jenny / Sailor Astraea
WOMAN

MtF trans and proud - She / Her / etc.
100% Asbestos Free

Hufflepuff/Team Mystic

User avatar
Nova Cyberia
Senator
 
Posts: 4456
Founded: May 06, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Nova Cyberia » Tue May 07, 2019 3:22 pm


provide scientific evidence showing a correlation between bullying and mass murder.
Yes, yes, I get it. I'm racist and fascist because I disagree with you. Can we skip that part? I've heard it a million times before and I guarantee it won't be any different when you do it
##############
American Nationalist
Third Positionist Gang

Next

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Aeritai, Aggicificicerous, Austria-Bohemia-Hungary, Bienenhalde, Breaking Badlands, Des-Bal, Duhon, Ethel mermania, Galloism, Genivaria, Gormwood, Grinning Dragon, Heloin, Ifreann, MSN [Bot], Napkizemlja, Neanderthaland, Necroghastia, Ngelmish, Ors Might, Pacomia, Shrillland, Sodoran Alesia, Telconi, The Rapture Republic, Uiiop, Vallermoore, Valrifell, Zurkerx

Advertisement

Remove ads