NATION

PASSWORD

INDONESIAN CAPITAL CHANGE

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

Neanderthaland
Powerbroker

Founded: Sep 10, 2016
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Neanderthaland » Mon May 06, 2019 11:14 pm

Trowulan is pretty far inland. Just make that the capital again.
Ug make fire. Mod ban Ug.

The Chuck
Minister

Founded: Apr 18, 2018
Capitalist Paradise

Postby The Chuck » Mon May 06, 2019 11:15 pm

The blAAtschApen wrote:So a city which was previously used by the Dutch is sinking?

Typical.

Dammit BlAATschApen, that made me laugh a bit to hard.
I advocate for violence every single day. I work in the arms industry.
In-Character Advertisement Space:
The Chuck wholly endorses Wolf Armaments, Lauzanexport CDT, and
Silverport Dockyards Ltd.

"Keep your guns... and buy more guns!" - Kitty Werthmann, Austrian Nazi Regime Survivor
Roof Korea, Best Korea. Hippity Hoppity, 내 재산에서 꺼져.
Pro: Liberty/Freedoms of the Individual, Unrestricted firearms ownership
-Slava-
Ukraini

Wunderstrafanstalt
Diplomat

Founded: Feb 19, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Wunderstrafanstalt » Tue May 07, 2019 9:07 am

Neanderthaland wrote:Trowulan is pretty far inland. Just make that the capital again.

Palembang would be a far better choice. Besides, if we're following that logic why don't wd relocate the capital to Amsterdam and reform the Union of Netherland-Indonesia?

CFR WUNDERSTRAFANSTALT - LAIRAN UNION
"Ad astra et ultra" - "To the stars and beyond"

14.0 | MT | F17 | $LFD | Kurzgesagt | IC Flag | Flag Patron: Bill Gates

Voiced - Artemsday, 12019-5-7: PT party pledged vote for Kalvar's Green Initiative | PETRAL donated Ł1.1 mil to PT | PT voted against Green Initiative.
Your average lowkey maritime Southeast Asian on NS | C e n t r i s t social liberal | Muslim (secretly atheist, don't tell mom) | RK for President 2024, Musk for Planetary Emperor 2100
Just refer to me as "WS" instead of that long-ass name

Neanderthaland
Powerbroker

Founded: Sep 10, 2016
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Neanderthaland » Tue May 07, 2019 7:19 pm

Wunderstrafanstalt wrote:
Neanderthaland wrote:Trowulan is pretty far inland. Just make that the capital again.

Palembang would be a far better choice. Besides, if we're following that logic why don't wd relocate the capital to Amsterdam and reform the Union of Netherland-Indonesia?

Yeah, but Sumatra sucks. I'd rather go with Makassar if we're going to go outside of Java.
Ug make fire. Mod ban Ug.

Dictoriahon
Bureaucrat

Founded: Nov 30, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Dictoriahon » Mon May 20, 2019 2:03 am

Samudera Darussalam wrote:Or we can rename the city "Batavia" and give it back to the Dutch.

Ugh, what kind of suggestion is that? The Dutch are nice and all, but if we hand Jakarta over to the Netherlands again, we might as well start calling ourselves the Dutch East Indies and petition for a new Dutch empire so the 'degenerate Javanese' and 'subservient Sumatrans' will live a peaceful life under the eye of the 'enlightened Hollanders'.
The Empire of Dictoriahon
Founded Nov. 30 2018
We are a nation of heavily suppressed loyal citizens led with an iron fist a benevolent hand by our wise ruler Supreme Leader Sebastian Dictorus. We treat our citizens with brutality hospitality and host a virtually decimated thriving environment.

Gigaverse
Postmaster-General

Founded: Mar 26, 2011
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Gigaverse » Mon May 20, 2019 2:07 am

Do that thing Malaysia did.

Build an Indonesian Putrajaya.
Art-person(?). Japan liker. tired-ish.
Student in linguistics ???. On-and-off writer.
MAKE CAKE NOT stupidshiticanmakefunof.
born in, raised in and emigrated from vietbongistan lolol
Operating this polity based on preferences and narrative purposes
clowning incident | clowning incident | bottom text
can produce noises in (in order of grasp) vietbongistani, oldspeak
and bonjourois (learning weebspeak and hitlerian at uni)

Wunderstrafanstalt
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Wunderstrafanstalt » Mon May 20, 2019 2:14 am

Gigaverse wrote:Do that thing Malaysia did.

Build an Indonesian Putrajaya.

There were 3 options offered to the President:
1) Keep Jakarta as capital
2) Move it to somewhere nearby, most probably to a county called "Jonggol" (which is a terrible yet quite funny name for a capital)
3) Move it outside Java

We've chosen option 3). The candidates are either somewhere near Balikpapan on East Borneo or Palangkaraya on Central Borneo.
Last edited by Wunderstrafanstalt on Mon May 20, 2019 2:15 am, edited 1 time in total.

Voiced - Artemsday, 12019-5-7: PT party pledged vote for Kalvar's Green Initiative | PETRAL donated Ł1.1 mil to PT | PT voted against Green Initiative.
Your average lowkey maritime Southeast Asian on NS | C e n t r i s t social liberal | Muslim (secretly atheist, don't tell mom) | RK for President 2024, Musk for Planetary Emperor 2100

Highever
Ambassador

Founded: Dec 21, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Highever » Mon May 20, 2019 2:18 am

Go the route of Myanmar and just make a new one, this time though there needs to be at least a 21 lane super highway and it needs to be even bigger with an even lower population density that Napyidaw.
ΦΣK
⚦ Through the souls of your brothers and sisters I take My place amongst the Three; through their pleasure I ascend my Throne. Pleasure, for Pleasure's sake! ⚦
Remember Bloody Sunday
A wise man once said, ("We all dead, fuck it")
There's something in the water
Jolthig wrote:Use Soresu and not Juyo.
Charlie Chaplin wrote:Nothing is permanent in this wicked world, not even our troubles.

Wunderstrafanstalt
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Wunderstrafanstalt » Mon May 20, 2019 2:28 am

Highever wrote:Go the route of Myanmar and just make a new one, this time though there needs to be at least a 21 lane super highway and it needs to be even bigger with an even lower population density that Napyidaw.

What happened to Napydaw?

Highever
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Highever » Mon May 20, 2019 2:33 am

Highever wrote:Go the route of Myanmar and just make a new one, this time though there needs to be at least a 21 lane super highway and it needs to be even bigger with an even lower population density that Napyidaw.

What happened to Napydaw?

Nothing, I mean it is still there. I was joking that Indonesia should top the absurdity of it with their own constructed city.
ΦΣK
⚦ Through the souls of your brothers and sisters I take My place amongst the Three; through their pleasure I ascend my Throne. Pleasure, for Pleasure's sake! ⚦
Remember Bloody Sunday
Charlie Chaplin wrote:Nothing is permanent in this wicked world, not even our troubles.

Wunderstrafanstalt
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Wunderstrafanstalt » Mon May 20, 2019 2:39 am

Highever wrote:
Wunderstrafanstalt wrote:What happened to Napydaw?

Nothing, I mean it is still there. I was joking that Indonesia should top the absurdity of it with their own constructed city.

Ah ok. Curious 'coz actually according to (it's in Indonesian) the Indonesian National Development Planning Agency the process of capital change in Myanmar is considered 'not too good' so I thought there was a disaster or something :v

Gigaverse
Postmaster-General

Founded: Mar 26, 2011
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Gigaverse » Mon May 20, 2019 2:42 am

Highever wrote:Nothing, I mean it is still there. I was joking that Indonesia should top the absurdity of it with their own constructed city.

Ah ok. Curious 'coz actually according to (it's in Indonesian) the Indonesian National Development Planning Agency the process of capital change in Myanmar is considered 'not too good' so I thought there was a disaster or something :v

Naypyidaw wasn't all that terrible despite all the trouble, so yeah.
Art-person(?). Japan liker. tired-ish.
Student in linguistics ???. On-and-off writer.
MAKE CAKE NOT stupidshiticanmakefunof.
born in, raised in and emigrated from vietbongistan lolol
Operating this polity based on preferences and narrative purposes
clowning incident | clowning incident | bottom text
can produce noises in (in order of grasp) vietbongistani, oldspeak
and bonjourois (learning weebspeak and hitlerian at uni)

Highever
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Highever » Mon May 20, 2019 3:05 am

Gigaverse wrote:
Wunderstrafanstalt wrote:Ah ok. Curious 'coz actually according to (it's in Indonesian) the Indonesian National Development Planning Agency the process of capital change in Myanmar is considered 'not too good' so I thought there was a disaster or something :v

Naypyidaw wasn't all that terrible despite all the trouble, so yeah.

It's just a bizarre place. Would love to go someday.
ΦΣK
Remember Bloody Sunday

Previous

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General