NATION

PASSWORD

What is your opinion on LGBT+ marriage?

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

Lgbt marriage: good or bad?

Yes, love is love.
404
58%
No, it's a sin.
84
12%
No, love is for reproducing.
50
7%
No, civil unions are better.
24
3%
Maybe
12
2%
Praise David Hasselhoff (Requested by Some random cat dude)
88
13%
No opinion/neutral
30
4%
 
Total votes : 692

User avatar
Heloin
Senator
 
Posts: 4860
Founded: Mar 30, 2012
Democratic Socialists

Postby Heloin » Tue May 21, 2019 12:51 pm

Califghanistan wrote:
Heloin wrote:Blaming HIV/AIDS on the victims isn't going to win you over a lot of followers.


I'd rather read the Apple terms of services.


So you did not read it, and you are going to criticize it? Way to invalidate any claim you have made and will make.

Because when someone goes out of there way to pretend they're not homophobic while at the same time calling for the death of LGBT people, what ever "evidence" they bring to the argument has become irrelevant.
An Africa Free From Hate
I would not worship a God who is homophobic and that is how deeply I feel about this - Desmond Tutu

My Names Jennifer, a 20 something Rabbit and Rhodie Girl. Proudly Zimbabwean, and currently a Floridian too.
I love Rugby. Go Springboks, Go Sables! I draw things and make pixel stuff. And now maps! Take a look!

User avatar
Cekoviu
Powerbroker
 
Posts: 8019
Founded: Oct 18, 2017
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Cekoviu » Tue May 21, 2019 12:51 pm

Califghanistan wrote:
Cekoviu wrote:Not only bi men are promiscuous sinners - I'm a woman and I'm a very promiscuous sinner, so check your sources, pleb.


Did I SAY that was the case? I said that the spreaders of the disease were promiscuous sinners.

Glad to know that your issue with that post was me misreading your post and not the fact that I'm a promiscuous sinner. Now we know where your priorities truly lie.
⮽⮽⮽ Copy and paste this in your sig if you hate the idiotic meme that your grade in 9th grade biology has literally anything to do with your fake-edgy views on gender. ⮽⮽⮽
Hickenlooper 2020
Avoid Mount Stupid. Don't opine on things you know nothing about.
Cockroaches are smart.
♀, not Bhutanese
♾♾♾ ATTENTION: SPOOKY CONTENT AHEAD ♾♾♾
  • Not being an egoist
  • Not reading Max Stirner
  • Picking Grookey over Sobble or Scorbunny

User avatar
Othelos
Postmaster-General
 
Posts: 12596
Founded: Feb 05, 2013
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Othelos » Tue May 21, 2019 12:51 pm

Califghanistan wrote:
Othelos wrote:Gay marriage is good for society. More potential parents for those unwanted children forced to be born by pro-lifers. Plus, it de-stigmatizes homosexuality, which is good for the roughly 5% of people who would otherwise suffer from minority stress and higher rates of suicide.

Yeah, no, because it would encourage homosex, which is a crime.

Lol what a waste of taxpayer money tbh
International Northwestern Union
  • American/German, Ich kann auch Deutsch
  • Quantitative Finance student
Pro: Human rights, classical liberalism, equality, LGBT rights, the EU, capitalism, property rights, innovation, green politics, public transportation
Anti: Autocratic regimes, the Chinese government, leftist "progressivism", identity politics, die Linke/SPD, populism, organized religion, Erdogan, intellectual property theft, assault weapon ownership

User avatar
Llalta
Spokesperson
 
Posts: 122
Founded: May 09, 2018
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Llalta » Tue May 21, 2019 12:51 pm

Califghanistan wrote:
Othelos wrote:Gay marriage is good for society. More potential parents for those unwanted children forced to be born by pro-lifers. Plus, it de-stigmatizes homosexuality, which is good for the roughly 5% of people who would otherwise suffer from minority stress and higher rates of suicide.

Yeah, no, because it would encourage homosex, which is a crime.


My problem with your argument against homosexuality is that, of what I can see, you say it is bad because, "God says so". I respect your religion and that you have a different opinion and all, but as someone who doesn't believe in a God of any kind, this argument means virtually nothing to me. Why exactly should I, as an atheist, believe that it is wrong because someone, who I don't believe in, said so? And for what reason does he hate homosexuality so much?
Last edited by Llalta on Tue May 21, 2019 12:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The Democratic Community of Llalta, a small island situated in the Adlantic Ocean where the past and future align.

    65 = 4/29
    66 = DSQ
    67 = 23/31
    68 = 16/26
    69 = 5/32
    70 = N/A
    71 = 9/25
    72 = N/A
    73 = 11/26

    40 = 17/30
    41 = 2/20
    42 = 2/20
    43 = 10/20
    44 = 2/15
    45 = N/A

    5 = 2/15

User avatar
Corvisia
Civilian
 
Posts: 1
Founded: Apr 20, 2019
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Corvisia » Tue May 21, 2019 12:52 pm

I believe in gay supremacy /s

But hell yeah lgbt+ peeps do what u want.
Pedophiles can die in a meat grinder.

User avatar
Farnhamia
Game Moderator
 
Posts: 99175
Founded: Jun 20, 2006
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Farnhamia » Tue May 21, 2019 12:52 pm

Califghanistan wrote:
The Rich Port wrote:
Considering that the man you are using as an authority on the matter also advocated for the execution of gay people (and you didn't make that fact immediately clear), I would say he doubts the sincerity of that saying.

Which, yeah. Unless you're also going to argue that murder is somehow loving.


Homosexuality is indeed a sin that warrants the death penalty.

Did I not ask you, politely, not to do this?

*** 1 day ban for advocating death. ***
Freedom ... or cake. ~ Ashmoria (RIP)
Make Earth Great Again: Stop Continental Drift!
And Jesus was a sailor when he walked upon the water ...
"Make yourself at home, Frank. Hit somebody." RIP Don Rickles
My country, right or wrong; if right, to be kept right; and if wrong, to be set right. ~ Carl Schurz
<Sigh> NSG...where even the atheists are Augustinians. ~ The Archregimancy
Now the foot is on the other hand ~ Kannap
RIP Dyakovo

User avatar
The Black Forrest
Post Czar
 
Posts: 34757
Founded: Antiquity
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby The Black Forrest » Tue May 21, 2019 12:53 pm

Califghanistan wrote:
The Black Forrest wrote:
That's a rather ignorant comment.

Again, how is the Qur'an accepting of science and yet your "genius" says belief in evolution is by people who are against Religion? Never mind Darwin was very religious. Then again your "genius" would like to see Darwin excluded since he wasn't a Muslim.


So what is your point? Because remember, the evolution is the theory that animals evolved on their own, which is against religion. Islam states that everything follows the laws of God. Animals evolved, but why? Because of the laws of nature. And who created the laws of nature? God. Also, the first person to write about the idea of natural selection wasn't Darwin, but rather Al-Jahiz, an Islamic scientist.


I will admit I did not know of him. I had a look and I don't think you read him or is book as his comments go against what you just wrote.

From what I just read; his tome "The Book of Animals" isn't really a straight science book. It mentioned many things and some of his prose was risque in nature. I doubt you know he used pigeons as an analogy and discussed the forms of sexuality. Homosexuality in males and females as well as varying preferences regarding domination.

Anyway; he listed and mentioned over 100 animals with is rather impressive for a person in that age.

I don't know if he was first on evolution; I would have to see his writings.

I will look for a copy and for that thank you!
*I am a master proofreader after I click Submit.
* There is actually a War on Christmas. But Christmas started it, with it's unparalleled aggression against the Thanksgiving Holiday, and now Christmas has seized much Lebensraum in November, and are pushing into October. The rest of us seek to repel these invaders, and push them back to the status quo ante bellum Black Friday border. -Trotskylvania
* Silence Is Golden But Duct Tape Is Silver.
* I felt like Ayn Rand cornered me at a party, and three minutes in I found my first objection to what she was saying, but she kept talking without interruption for ten more days. - Max Barry talking about Atlas Shrugged

User avatar
Othelos
Postmaster-General
 
Posts: 12596
Founded: Feb 05, 2013
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Othelos » Tue May 21, 2019 12:56 pm

Llalta wrote:
Califghanistan wrote:Yeah, no, because it would encourage homosex, which is a crime.


My problem with your argument against homosexuality is that, of what I can see, you say it is bad because, "God says so". I respect your religion and that you have a different opinion and all, but as someone who doesn't believe in a God of any kind, this argument means virtually nothing to me. Why exactly should I, as an atheist, believe that it is wrong because someone, who I don't believe in, said so? And for what reason does he hate homosexuality so much?

I always find it interesting how religious people claim that we can't question God, but they somehow can speak for him. If you're not allowed to understand the motivations of someone (God), you can't understand how they operate or what they believe.
International Northwestern Union
  • American/German, Ich kann auch Deutsch
  • Quantitative Finance student
Pro: Human rights, classical liberalism, equality, LGBT rights, the EU, capitalism, property rights, innovation, green politics, public transportation
Anti: Autocratic regimes, the Chinese government, leftist "progressivism", identity politics, die Linke/SPD, populism, organized religion, Erdogan, intellectual property theft, assault weapon ownership

User avatar
The Capitalist Era
Political Columnist
 
Posts: 3
Founded: Apr 20, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby The Capitalist Era » Tue May 21, 2019 1:00 pm

Freedom is important. Freedom of speech, freedom of religion, etc. Freedom to marry whomever you wish is important as well.

User avatar
The Capitalist Era
Political Columnist
 
Posts: 3
Founded: Apr 20, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby The Capitalist Era » Tue May 21, 2019 1:01 pm

Farnhamia wrote:
Califghanistan wrote:
Homosexuality is indeed a sin that warrants the death penalty.

Did I not ask you, politely, not to do this?

*** 1 day ban for advocating death. ***


That's not advocating death. That's freedom of religion, expression, and speech.

User avatar
Cekoviu
Powerbroker
 
Posts: 8019
Founded: Oct 18, 2017
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Cekoviu » Tue May 21, 2019 1:02 pm

The Capitalist Era wrote:
Farnhamia wrote:Did I not ask you, politely, not to do this?

*** 1 day ban for advocating death. ***


That's not advocating death. That's freedom of religion, expression, and speech.

Okay, one: NS is Australian, so your American constitution doesn't count
Two: it's still advocating death even if that's true
Three: since NS is a private company, they don't have free speech, nor are they legally required to
⮽⮽⮽ Copy and paste this in your sig if you hate the idiotic meme that your grade in 9th grade biology has literally anything to do with your fake-edgy views on gender. ⮽⮽⮽
Hickenlooper 2020
Avoid Mount Stupid. Don't opine on things you know nothing about.
Cockroaches are smart.
♀, not Bhutanese
♾♾♾ ATTENTION: SPOOKY CONTENT AHEAD ♾♾♾
  • Not being an egoist
  • Not reading Max Stirner
  • Picking Grookey over Sobble or Scorbunny

User avatar
Totaler Krieg Division
Civil Servant
 
Posts: 7
Founded: May 20, 2019
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Totaler Krieg Division » Tue May 21, 2019 1:03 pm

It was a mistake.

User avatar
The Capitalist Era
Political Columnist
 
Posts: 3
Founded: Apr 20, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby The Capitalist Era » Tue May 21, 2019 1:04 pm

Cekoviu wrote:
The Capitalist Era wrote:
That's not advocating death. That's freedom of religion, expression, and speech.

Okay, one: NS is Australian, so your American constitution doesn't count
Two: it's still advocating death even if that's true
Three: since NS is a private company, they don't have free speech, nor are they legally required to


Rather, it is not advocating death. I disagree with her religion too(die-hard Protestant myself), but that is STILL not advocating death. She is merely saying what her religion entitles is the punishment for something(which should have no punishment). But that is not advocating death.

User avatar
Farnhamia
Game Moderator
 
Posts: 99175
Founded: Jun 20, 2006
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Farnhamia » Tue May 21, 2019 1:06 pm

The Capitalist Era wrote:
Cekoviu wrote:Okay, one: NS is Australian, so your American constitution doesn't count
Two: it's still advocating death even if that's true
Three: since NS is a private company, they don't have free speech, nor are they legally required to


Rather, it is not advocating death. I disagree with her religion too(die-hard Protestant myself), but that is STILL not advocating death. She is merely saying what her religion entitles is the punishment for something(which should have no punishment). But that is not advocating death.

Posting past a ban by using one of your puppets loses you both the banned nation and the puppet. If want to appeal the ban, file a GHR.
Freedom ... or cake. ~ Ashmoria (RIP)
Make Earth Great Again: Stop Continental Drift!
And Jesus was a sailor when he walked upon the water ...
"Make yourself at home, Frank. Hit somebody." RIP Don Rickles
My country, right or wrong; if right, to be kept right; and if wrong, to be set right. ~ Carl Schurz
<Sigh> NSG...where even the atheists are Augustinians. ~ The Archregimancy
Now the foot is on the other hand ~ Kannap
RIP Dyakovo

User avatar
Highever
Diplomat
 
Posts: 714
Founded: Dec 21, 2014
New York Times Democracy

Postby Highever » Tue May 21, 2019 1:12 pm

Totaler Krieg Division wrote:It was a mistake.

How? Why?
ΦΣK
⚦ Through the souls of your brothers and sisters I take My place amongst the Three; through their pleasure I ascend my Throne. Pleasure, for Pleasure's sake! ⚦
Remember Bloody Sunday
Dante Alighieri wrote:There is no greater sorrow than to recall happiness in times of misery
Charlie Chaplin wrote:Nothing is permanent in this wicked world, not even our troubles.

User avatar
West Leas Oros 2
Ambassador
 
Posts: 1793
Founded: Jul 15, 2018
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby West Leas Oros 2 » Tue May 21, 2019 1:18 pm

Cekoviu wrote:
The Capitalist Era wrote:
That's not advocating death. That's freedom of religion, expression, and speech.

Okay, one: NS is Australian, so your American constitution doesn't count
Two: it's still advocating death even if that's true
Three: since NS is a private company, they don't have free speech, nor are they legally required to

One: I'm pretty sure that the Australian Constitution has similar protections.
Two: That I can agree with. This is intolerable behavior.
Three: Just because they aren't legally obligated too doesn't mean it's right for them to do so. Why should corporations be allowed to censor and suppress speech any more than the government?
West Leas Oros 2, Election Boogaloo (Please ignore the 2 in our name in all IC interactions)
WLO Public News: West Leas Oros now a sponsor of Leninade!
Your Boy Leon Thotsky
Simultaneously an evil commie who wants to take your toothbrush, and an evil brocialist reactionary and revisionist.
An accurate description of NSG: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=IQFU1y928dw

MP Arthur Woole in the NS Parliament

User avatar
Heloin
Senator
 
Posts: 4860
Founded: Mar 30, 2012
Democratic Socialists

Postby Heloin » Tue May 21, 2019 1:21 pm

West Leas Oros 2 wrote:
Cekoviu wrote:Okay, one: NS is Australian, so your American constitution doesn't count
Two: it's still advocating death even if that's true
Three: since NS is a private company, they don't have free speech, nor are they legally required to

One: I'm pretty sure that the Australian Constitution has similar protections.
Two: That I can agree with. This is intolerable behavior.
Three: Just because they aren't legally obligated too doesn't mean it's right for them to do so. Why should corporations be allowed to censor and suppress speech any more than the government?

What is not the topic of this thread for 500, Alex.
An Africa Free From Hate
I would not worship a God who is homophobic and that is how deeply I feel about this - Desmond Tutu

My Names Jennifer, a 20 something Rabbit and Rhodie Girl. Proudly Zimbabwean, and currently a Floridian too.
I love Rugby. Go Springboks, Go Sables! I draw things and make pixel stuff. And now maps! Take a look!

User avatar
Andsed
Negotiator
 
Posts: 5727
Founded: Aug 24, 2017
New York Times Democracy

Postby Andsed » Tue May 21, 2019 1:23 pm

Totaler Krieg Division wrote:It was a mistake.

How exactly?
Hello I am Andsed welcome to my sig.


Amazing Andsed quotes:
Ok lets get back on topic so we don´t get this thread locked thanks to talking about my church windmill dancing.
Andsed is not legally responsible for any injuries that may occur if you take this seriously and somehow get a trebuchet and try to fling yourself into a plane. You fucking dumbass
NationStates going from serious debates about homosexuality to jokes about Jesus a marijuana dealer in the span of one to two posts since November 13 2002.
Sorry my mind is always in the gutter no it lives in gutter my mind is fuckin called pennywise it is in the gutter so much.
How does one outsource racism? Do you like get an Indian guy to call people and call them racial slurs?

LOVEWHOYOUARE~

User avatar
The North Tribes
Civilian
 
Posts: 1
Founded: May 12, 2019
Father Knows Best State

Postby The North Tribes » Tue May 21, 2019 1:23 pm

tbh I think it's pretty gay

User avatar
New Legland
Envoy
 
Posts: 343
Founded: Apr 21, 2017
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby New Legland » Tue May 21, 2019 1:24 pm

West Leas Oros 2 wrote:
Cekoviu wrote:Okay, one: NS is Australian, so your American constitution doesn't count
Two: it's still advocating death even if that's true
Three: since NS is a private company, they don't have free speech, nor are they legally required to

Three: Just because they aren't legally obligated too doesn't mean it's right for them to do so. Why should corporations be allowed to censor and suppress speech any more than the government?

Because the speech is only on their platform. What they're doing here is about as inconsequential as getting banjected for breaking a region's posting rules on this site.
eh

User avatar
The Black Forrest
Post Czar
 
Posts: 34757
Founded: Antiquity
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby The Black Forrest » Tue May 21, 2019 1:25 pm

West Leas Oros 2 wrote:
Cekoviu wrote:Okay, one: NS is Australian, so your American constitution doesn't count
Two: it's still advocating death even if that's true
Three: since NS is a private company, they don't have free speech, nor are they legally required to

One: I'm pretty sure that the Australian Constitution has similar protections.
Two: That I can agree with. This is intolerable behavior.
Three: Just because they aren't legally obligated too doesn't mean it's right for them to do so. Why should corporations be allowed to censor and suppress speech any more than the government?


1) It doesn't say it explicitly; the high court ruled it more on freedom of government restraint rather then a right conferred directly.

https://www.humanrights.gov.au/our-work ... expression

2) Indeed.

3) Actually it is as you agree to the rules to join. I am censored from speaking about my company in a public setting. I am not an officer and do not have the right to speak for the company. Just about every company on the planet has this.
*I am a master proofreader after I click Submit.
* There is actually a War on Christmas. But Christmas started it, with it's unparalleled aggression against the Thanksgiving Holiday, and now Christmas has seized much Lebensraum in November, and are pushing into October. The rest of us seek to repel these invaders, and push them back to the status quo ante bellum Black Friday border. -Trotskylvania
* Silence Is Golden But Duct Tape Is Silver.
* I felt like Ayn Rand cornered me at a party, and three minutes in I found my first objection to what she was saying, but she kept talking without interruption for ten more days. - Max Barry talking about Atlas Shrugged

User avatar
Totaler Krieg Division
Civil Servant
 
Posts: 7
Founded: May 20, 2019
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Totaler Krieg Division » Tue May 21, 2019 1:29 pm

Highever wrote:
Totaler Krieg Division wrote:It was a mistake.

How? Why?


It furthered a long running moralistic decline in western society. I'm also old enough to remember how gay marriage advocates in the early-mid 2000's insisted all they wanted was gay marriage and how they would never go further than that and how they would proudly exclaim "No! I'll never support those trannies and how dare you think I would!" if you brought up the prospect of it not ending there. If only more of us had the foresight to shut down the slippery slope before it started.

User avatar
Cekoviu
Powerbroker
 
Posts: 8019
Founded: Oct 18, 2017
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Cekoviu » Tue May 21, 2019 1:31 pm

Totaler Krieg Division wrote:
Highever wrote:How? Why?


It furthered a long running moralistic decline in western society. I'm also old enough to remember how gay marriage advocates in the early-mid 2000's insisted all they wanted was gay marriage and how they would never go further than that and how they would proudly exclaim "No! I'll never support those trannies and how dare you think I would!" if you brought up the prospect of it not ending there. If only more of us had the foresight to shut down the slippery slope before it started.

Lmao, you are talking complete nonsense here in literally every way.
⮽⮽⮽ Copy and paste this in your sig if you hate the idiotic meme that your grade in 9th grade biology has literally anything to do with your fake-edgy views on gender. ⮽⮽⮽
Hickenlooper 2020
Avoid Mount Stupid. Don't opine on things you know nothing about.
Cockroaches are smart.
♀, not Bhutanese
♾♾♾ ATTENTION: SPOOKY CONTENT AHEAD ♾♾♾
  • Not being an egoist
  • Not reading Max Stirner
  • Picking Grookey over Sobble or Scorbunny

User avatar
The Rich Port
Post Czar
 
Posts: 35269
Founded: Jul 29, 2008
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby The Rich Port » Tue May 21, 2019 1:31 pm

Totaler Krieg Division wrote:
Highever wrote:How? Why?


It furthered a long running moralistic decline in western society. I'm also old enough to remember how gay marriage advocates in the early-mid 2000's insisted all they wanted was gay marriage and how they would never go further than that and how they would proudly exclaim "No! I'll never support those trannies and how dare you think I would!" if you brought up the prospect of it not ending there. If only more of us had the foresight to shut down the slippery slope before it started.


Yeah not old enough because that was never a thing.

You do know what the T in LGBT stands for, right. It's not tuna, ffs.
LAUGH, AND GROW FAT
FIRE. IF IT TAKES YOU TO BURN.
FIRE. IF IT TAKES YOU TO LEARN.
FIRE. TO DESTROY ALL YOU'VE DONE.
FIRE. TO DESTROY ALL YOU'VE BECOME.
THOSE THAT SOW THORNS SHOULD NOT EXPECT FLOWERS.
YOU NEVER KNOW JUST HOW YOU LOOK THROUGH OTHER PEOPLE'S EYES.

Tracking | History | Factbook | Dharma
Economic Report | Regional Forum | Political Compass
CAPINTERN | OMSA | OZZY | PACT | APAC
Summary | Vanguard | The Book Of Sue
THE BILLION BIT BRONY
AHAHAHAHA PONY PONY PONY PONYYY


LOVEWHOYOUARE~


User avatar
Cekoviu
Powerbroker
 
Posts: 8019
Founded: Oct 18, 2017
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Cekoviu » Tue May 21, 2019 1:32 pm

The Rich Port wrote:
Totaler Krieg Division wrote:
It furthered a long running moralistic decline in western society. I'm also old enough to remember how gay marriage advocates in the early-mid 2000's insisted all they wanted was gay marriage and how they would never go further than that and how they would proudly exclaim "No! I'll never support those trannies and how dare you think I would!" if you brought up the prospect of it not ending there. If only more of us had the foresight to shut down the slippery slope before it started.


Yeah not old enough because that was never a thing.

You do know what the T in LGBT stands for, right. It's not tuna, ffs.

Is it... totalitarians? Totally lost, I have no idea what it could possibly be.
⮽⮽⮽ Copy and paste this in your sig if you hate the idiotic meme that your grade in 9th grade biology has literally anything to do with your fake-edgy views on gender. ⮽⮽⮽
Hickenlooper 2020
Avoid Mount Stupid. Don't opine on things you know nothing about.
Cockroaches are smart.
♀, not Bhutanese
♾♾♾ ATTENTION: SPOOKY CONTENT AHEAD ♾♾♾
  • Not being an egoist
  • Not reading Max Stirner
  • Picking Grookey over Sobble or Scorbunny

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bluelight-R006, Europa Undivided, Exabot [Bot], Idzequitch, Jack Thomas Lang, Kowani, Myrensis, Platypus Bureaucracy, Shrillland, Uan aa Boa, Zanetonia

Advertisement

Remove ads