NATION

PASSWORD

What is your opinion on LGBT+ marriage?

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

Lgbt marriage: good or bad?

Yes, love is love.
58%
No, it's a sin.
12%
No, love is for reproducing.
7%
No, civil unions are better.
3%
Maybe
2%
Praise David Hasselhoff (Requested by Some random cat dude)
13%
No opinion/neutral
4%

Total votes : 698

Highever
Ambassador

Founded: Dec 21, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Highever » Tue May 21, 2019 12:26 pm

Califghanistan wrote:
Highever wrote:Forgive me if I dont take kindly to people who have blatantly wrong information regarding homosexuality and somehow think they are a loving person while calling for the death of those they hate because they find them icky.

Tell me, how exactly is homosexuality a capital offense in, say, the US?

Thing is, my information is not blatantly wrong but the truth, even if you hate it. Am I a loving person for advising to stay away from the sin that is homosexuality? God knows.

How exactly is homosexuality a capital offense in the United States? What point are you trying to prove here? It is legal in America.

No it really isnt. You have no reputable and credible scientific evidence to back any of your nonsense up.

My point is that your vile ideas luckily have no purchase in the secular democracies of the world because your personal hatred and religious beliefs are not grounds to legislate murder people based on sexual orientation.
Last edited by Highever on Tue May 21, 2019 12:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ΦΣK
⚦ Through the souls of your brothers and sisters I take My place amongst the Three; through their pleasure I ascend my Throne. Pleasure, for Pleasure's sake! ⚦
Remember Bloody Sunday
A wise man once said, ("We all dead, fuck it")
There's something in the water
Jolthig wrote:Use Soresu and not Juyo.
Charlie Chaplin wrote:Nothing is permanent in this wicked world, not even our troubles.

Necroghastia
Forum Moderator

Founded: May 11, 2019
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Necroghastia » Tue May 21, 2019 12:28 pm

Califghanistan wrote:
Necroghastia wrote:
I'm sure you can show how it harms people, then 8^)

Muhammad (SAW) said, "Sexual immorality will appear in a people to the point that they do it openly and proudly, and then they will be afflicted with painful diseases unbeknownst to their forefathers." That, my friend, is AIDS, which was first reported amongst homosexual men and spread to the heterosexual community through bisexuals, all of them promiscuous sinners. Need I remind you of the effects of AIDS?

I'm not your friend, first off. Secondly, last I checked lesbians actually have the lowest rate of STDs. Thirdly, you didn't answer my question. What is intrinsically harmful to others about us gays being gay?

And hell, if your god designed AIDS to punish the icky gays, why did he make it transferable to straight people? He's supposed to be omnipotent, right?
The Land of Spooky Scary Skeletons!

Pronouns: she/her

The Rich Port
Post Czar

Founded: Jul 29, 2008
Left-Leaning College State

Postby The Rich Port » Tue May 21, 2019 12:29 pm

Necroghastia wrote:
Califghanistan wrote:
Muhammad (SAW) said, "Sexual immorality will appear in a people to the point that they do it openly and proudly, and then they will be afflicted with painful diseases unbeknownst to their forefathers." That, my friend, is AIDS, which was first reported amongst homosexual men and spread to the heterosexual community through bisexuals, all of them promiscuous sinners. Need I remind you of the effects of AIDS?

I'm not your friend, first off. Secondly, last I checked lesbians actually have the lowest rate of STDs. Thirdly, you didn't answer my question. What is intrinsically harmful to others about us gays being gay?

And hell, if your god designed AIDS to punish the icky gays, why did he make it transferable to straight people? He's supposed to be omnipotent, right?

Allah's takin' a siesta, breh, why you gotta hate -_-
THOSE THAT SOW THORNS SHOULD NOT EXPECT FLOWERS
CONSERVATISM IS FEAR AND STAGNATION AS IDEOLOGY. ONLY MARCH FORWARD.

Pronouns: She/Her
The Alt-Right Playbook
Alt-right/racist terminology
LOVEWHOYOUARE~

Califghanistan
Bureaucrat

Founded: Apr 11, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Califghanistan » Tue May 21, 2019 12:32 pm

The Black Forrest wrote:
Califghanistan wrote:
Problem; he does not spout off random things while neglecting to back them up with evidence. He is a genius, round every topic.

That's a rather ignorant comment.

Again, how is the Qur'an accepting of science and yet your "genius" says belief in evolution is by people who are against Religion? Never mind Darwin was very religious. Then again your "genius" would like to see Darwin excluded since he wasn't a Muslim.

So what is your point? Because remember, the evolution is the theory that animals evolved on their own, which is against religion. Islam states that everything follows the laws of God. Animals evolved, but why? Because of the laws of nature. And who created the laws of nature? God. Also, the first person to write about the idea of natural selection wasn't Darwin, but rather Al-Jahiz, an Islamic scientist.

Califghanistan
Bureaucrat

Ex-Nation

Postby Califghanistan » Tue May 21, 2019 12:33 pm

Necroghastia wrote:
Califghanistan wrote:

Remember, AIDS punishes homosexuals and adulterers. Both are sins, and both are the ones who are afflicted with AIDS. Heterosexual couples who make love only to their spouse don't get AIDS, granted they have never been promiscuous.

Highever
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Highever » Tue May 21, 2019 12:33 pm

Kirakuin wrote:
Highever wrote:No it really isnt. You have no reputable and credible scientific evidence to back any of your nonsense up.

My point is that your vile ideas luckily have no purchase in the secular democracies of the world because your personal hatred and religious beliefs are not grounds to legislate murder people based on sexual orientation.

Gays are bad, get over it.

No they're really not. I'm so sorry to tell you.
ΦΣK
⚦ Through the souls of your brothers and sisters I take My place amongst the Three; through their pleasure I ascend my Throne. Pleasure, for Pleasure's sake! ⚦
Remember Bloody Sunday
Charlie Chaplin wrote:Nothing is permanent in this wicked world, not even our troubles.

Califghanistan
Bureaucrat

Ex-Nation

Postby Califghanistan » Tue May 21, 2019 12:33 pm

Heloin wrote:
Califghanistan wrote:
Since most of you have forgotten,

Why are my nation and religion strictly against homosexuality? To quote a book*

In the West today, homosexuality and lesbianism have come to be seen as an alternative lifestyle subject to personal preference. It is no longer considered an abnormality that requires restraint and treatment and is being actively promoted by its adherents and their sympathizers as a legitimate way of life. Arguments in favor of tolerance toward same-sex relationships are based on the assumption that homosexual behavior is biologically based and not merely learned from society.

Islam considers homosexuality to be the result of human choice. Human beings are not robots that do only what they are programmed to do. They choose how to behave, and God holds them responsible for their choices. It is inconceivable that God would have made some people homosexuals then declared it a punishable crime(God has created everything in due proportion. He established the means for populating the earth and maintaining life by the creation of male and female, not only in man but among almost all living things. Islam considers deliberate efforts to change this nature as a rebellion against the creator). To accept such a proposition is to suggest that God is unjust.

Inclinations can exist within humans toward a variety of natural acts and unnatural ones such as rape, pedophilia, or bestiality. These inclinations may arise from media influence or direct contact, but it does not mean that free reign should be given to them. Muslims(and everyone) are under obligation to control such inclinations in obedience to God.

It should be noted that Islam did not introduce anti-gay legislature to the world. The texts of the Torah are replete with a clear condemnation of such practices. But among the things foretold by the Prophet of Islam is this: "Immorality will not appear among a people to the extent that they publicize it but that painful diseases will spread among them which were not known to their predecessors(Narrated by Ibn Majah and al-Hakim)."

Sexually transmitted diseases are steeply on the rise in permissive societies-in particular, HIV/AIDS, which causes loss of acquired immunity and usually leads to death. The early spread of AIDS was first observed among homosexual communities. Later, it entered the heterosexual community through so-called bisexuals as well as blood transfusions and intravenous drug usage, and now it continues to spread among promiscuous heterosexuals. AIDS remains incurable, and infections continue to increase in gay and bisexual men, who accounted for more than half of HIV infections in 2006.

*ISLAM: Top 50 Questions Answered, by Saheeh International

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UuID-GS--k0

Yes we know, a whole lot of bullshit thanks for sharing. You know it can be considered spam to just post walls of text over and over right? Best avoid doing that.

Maybe read it and watch the video? That might help.

Califghanistan
Bureaucrat

Ex-Nation

Postby Califghanistan » Tue May 21, 2019 12:35 pm

Kirakuin wrote:
Necroghastia wrote:

God is not real, you absolute neanderthal

And your legitimacy is no longer existent.

Necroghastia
Forum Moderator

Founded: May 11, 2019
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Necroghastia » Tue May 21, 2019 12:36 pm

Califghanistan wrote:
Necroghastia wrote:

Remember, AIDS punishes homosexuals and adulterers. Both are sins, and both are the ones who are afflicted with AIDS. Heterosexual couples who make love only to their spouse don't get AIDS, granted they have never been promiscuous.

Oh, so that's why improperly-cleaned/used medical equipment is one of the biggest reasons AIDS spread! Needles are basically a metal penis, after all.

Nice job ignoring point 2, by the way.
The Land of Spooky Scary Skeletons!

Pronouns: she/her

Othelos
Postmaster-General

Founded: Feb 05, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Othelos » Tue May 21, 2019 12:36 pm

Gay marriage is good for society. More potential parents for those unwanted children forced to be born by pro-lifers. Plus, it de-stigmatizes homosexuality, which is good for the roughly 5% of people who would otherwise suffer from minority stress and higher rates of suicide.
Last edited by Othelos on Tue May 21, 2019 12:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

The Black Forrest
Khan of Spam

Founded: Antiquity
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby The Black Forrest » Tue May 21, 2019 12:36 pm

Califghanistan wrote:Since most of you have forgotten,

In the West today, homosexuality and lesbianism have come to be seen as an alternative lifestyle subject to personal preference.

I know it's a waste of time. On what evidence?

It is no longer considered an abnormality that requires restraint and treatment and is being actively promoted by its adherents and their sympathizers as a legitimate way of life.

You are painting an image of Muslims being rather violent.

Arguments in favor of tolerance toward same-sex relationships are based on the assumption that homosexual behavior is biologically based and not merely learned from society.

It exists in the animal world, where did they learn it?

Again your evidence?

Islam considers homosexuality to be the result of human choice.

Like many religions, it is wrong on this.

Human beings are not robots that do only what they are programmed to do.

Actually they can be programmed. Usually through violence.

They choose how to behave, and God holds them responsible for their choices. It is inconceivable that God would have made some people homosexuals then declared it a punishable crime(God has created everything in due proportion.

Ok? Let God handle the punishment.

He established the means for populating the earth and maintaining life by the creation of male and female, not only in man but among almost all living things.

Why do we have random mutations?

Islam considers deliberate efforts to change this nature as a rebellion against the creator). To accept such a proposition is to suggest that God is unjust.

Implications of violence?

Inclinations can exist within humans toward a variety of natural acts and unnatural ones such as rape, pedophilia, or bestiality. These inclinations may arise from media influence or direct contact, but it does not mean that free reign should be given to them. Muslims(and everyone) are under obligation to control such inclinations in obedience to God.

It should be noted that Islam did not introduce anti-gay legislature to the world. The texts of the Torah are replete with a clear condemnation of such practices. But among the things foretold by the Prophet of Islam is this: "Immorality will not appear among a people to the extent that they publicize it but that painful diseases will spread among them which were not known to their predecessors(Narrated by Ibn Majah and al-Hakim)."

As accepting of science as you have claimed, who started it is irrelevent.

Sexually transmitted diseases are steeply on the rise in permissive societies-in particular, HIV/AIDS, which causes loss of acquired immunity and usually leads to death. The early spread of AIDS was first observed among homosexual communities. Later, it entered the heterosexual community through so-called bisexuals as well as blood transfusions and intravenous drug usage, and now it continues to spread among promiscuous heterosexuals. AIDS remains incurable, and infections continue to increase in gay and bisexual men, who accounted for more than half of HIV infections in 2006.

Did your "genius" claim that? Rather ignorant claims as there was a quite a bit more going on with the epidemic.
*I am a master proofreader after I click Submit.
* There is actually a War on Christmas. But Christmas started it, with it's unparalleled aggression against the Thanksgiving Holiday, and now Christmas has seized much Lebensraum in November, and are pushing into October. The rest of us seek to repel these invaders, and push them back to the status quo ante bellum Black Friday border. -Trotskylvania
* Silence Is Golden But Duct Tape Is Silver.
* I felt like Ayn Rand cornered me at a party, and three minutes in I found my first objection to what she was saying, but she kept talking without interruption for ten more days. - Max Barry talking about Atlas Shrugged

Califghanistan
Bureaucrat

Ex-Nation

Postby Califghanistan » Tue May 21, 2019 12:41 pm

Othelos wrote:Gay marriage is good for society. More potential parents for those unwanted children forced to be born by pro-lifers. Plus, it de-stigmatizes homosexuality, which is good for the roughly 5% of people who would otherwise suffer from minority stress and higher rates of suicide.

Yeah, no, because it would encourage homosex, which is a crime.

Heloin
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Mar 30, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Heloin » Tue May 21, 2019 12:41 pm

Califghanistan wrote:
Necroghastia wrote:

Blaming HIV/AIDS on the victims isn't going to win you over a lot of followers.

Califghanistan wrote:
Heloin wrote:Yes we know, a whole lot of bullshit thanks for sharing. You know it can be considered spam to just post walls of text over and over right? Best avoid doing that.

I'd rather read the Apple terms of services.

Highever
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Highever » Tue May 21, 2019 12:42 pm

Califghanistan wrote:
Othelos wrote:Gay marriage is good for society. More potential parents for those unwanted children forced to be born by pro-lifers. Plus, it de-stigmatizes homosexuality, which is good for the roughly 5% of people who would otherwise suffer from minority stress and higher rates of suicide.

Yeah, no, because it would encourage homosex, which is a crime.

Except its not, even by your own admittance.
ΦΣK
Remember Bloody Sunday

Logikie
Lobbyist

Founded: Jan 11, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Logikie » Tue May 21, 2019 12:44 pm

no problem at all, from a pansexual i don't understand what the fucking big deal is. so they're gay, what about it?
and pedophilia is completely different(and disgusting, pedos should be castrated)

Califghanistan
Bureaucrat

Ex-Nation

Postby Califghanistan » Tue May 21, 2019 12:46 pm

The Black Forrest wrote:
Califghanistan wrote:Since most of you have forgotten,

In the West today, homosexuality and lesbianism have come to be seen as an alternative lifestyle subject to personal preference.

I know it's a waste of time. On what evidence?

It is no longer considered an abnormality that requires restraint and treatment and is being actively promoted by its adherents and their sympathizers as a legitimate way of life.

You are painting an image of Muslims being rather violent.

Arguments in favor of tolerance toward same-sex relationships are based on the assumption that homosexual behavior is biologically based and not merely learned from society.

It exists in the animal world, where did they learn it?

Again your evidence?

Islam considers homosexuality to be the result of human choice.

Like many religions, it is wrong on this.

Human beings are not robots that do only what they are programmed to do.

Actually they can be programmed. Usually through violence.

They choose how to behave, and God holds them responsible for their choices. It is inconceivable that God would have made some people homosexuals then declared it a punishable crime(God has created everything in due proportion.

Ok? Let God handle the punishment.

He established the means for populating the earth and maintaining life by the creation of male and female, not only in man but among almost all living things.

Why do we have random mutations?

Islam considers deliberate efforts to change this nature as a rebellion against the creator). To accept such a proposition is to suggest that God is unjust.

As accepting of science as you have claimed, who started it is irrelevent.

Did your "genius" claim that? Rather ignorant claims as there was a quite a bit more going on with the epidemic.

Well, I am not painting an image of Muslims as violent. Know that they are the most peaceful of people and that Islam is a perfecrt and without flaw. Remember, God created animals and us differently. We are supposed to be better than them because God gave us the gift of free will. God made animals do a bunch of evil things, like killing, stealing, and sexual immorality, so we would NOT do that, not to be ENCOURAGED to do that.

Human beings are not robots and can't be programmed; they have free will. And homosexuality(which is the act of homosex) is indeed a choice; you can CHOOSE to make love to someone of the same gender.

God will indeed punish those who don't follow his commands. But they are to be punished here on Earth as well.

Naik didn't claim that. Those are facts all sources can agree on. And WHERE are there implications of violence in this religion of peace?

Cekoviu
Post Marshal

Founded: Oct 18, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Cekoviu » Tue May 21, 2019 12:46 pm

Califghanistan wrote:
The Alma Mater wrote:
Do you mind if a man gets a blowjob from a woman or has anal sex with her ?

Neither blowjobs nor anal sex, no matter the genders, are ok.

That's true - both aren't just okay, they're great! :)
pro: women's rights
anti: men's rights

Califghanistan
Bureaucrat

Ex-Nation

Postby Califghanistan » Tue May 21, 2019 12:46 pm

Necroghastia wrote:
Califghanistan wrote:

Oh, so that's why improperly-cleaned/used medical equipment is one of the biggest reasons AIDS spread! Needles are basically a metal penis, after all.

Nice job ignoring point 2, by the way.

Because point 2 is incorrect.

Califghanistan
Bureaucrat

Ex-Nation

Postby Califghanistan » Tue May 21, 2019 12:47 pm

Heloin wrote:
Califghanistan wrote:

Blaming HIV/AIDS on the victims isn't going to win you over a lot of followers.

Califghanistan wrote:

I'd rather read the Apple terms of services.

So you did not read it, and you are going to criticize it? Way to invalidate any claim you have made and will make.

Ravennog
Spokesperson

Founded: Oct 24, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Ravennog » Tue May 21, 2019 12:48 pm

I am pro-gay marriage. People should have the right to love who they love. People's love lives aren't anyone's business but theirs.
Last edited by Ravennog on Tue May 21, 2019 12:48 pm, edited 2 times in total.
☆∞☆ THE RAVENNOGAN REPUBLIC ☆∞☆
‎‎‎‎‎Arbejdere i verden, forenes!
Ravennog was a Danish colony with high ambitions since its independence on October 24th, 1817.
OOC: A staunchly introverted 14-year-old teenager who likes food a lot.
Since a signature can't have more than eight lines, I'll spit everything out right here. Please be sure to stay home - and wear a mask and stay six feet apart if you're going out somewhere. Please don't be a selfish fuck and claim you "have the right" to not wear a mask - or say that God has you covered. Don't be an idiot, 'kay? Thanks! Stop embracing anti-science and anti-intellectualism. The world doesn't need to go into the shitter since you're stupid and selfish.

Cekoviu
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Cekoviu » Tue May 21, 2019 12:48 pm

Califghanistan wrote:
Necroghastia wrote:
I'm sure you can show how it harms people, then 8^)

Not only bi men are promiscuous sinners - I'm a woman and I'm a very promiscuous sinner, so check your sources, pleb.

Califghanistan
Bureaucrat

Ex-Nation

Postby Califghanistan » Tue May 21, 2019 12:48 pm

Highever wrote:
Califghanistan wrote:Yeah, no, because it would encourage homosex, which is a crime.

Except its not, even by your own admittance.

To make love to someone of the same gender is a crime.

Califghanistan
Bureaucrat

Ex-Nation

Postby Califghanistan » Tue May 21, 2019 12:49 pm

Ravennog wrote:I am pro-gay marriage. People should have the right to love who they love. People's love lives aren't your business, or mine, for that matter.

Rather, they should not. Gay love isn't love.
Last edited by Califghanistan on Tue May 21, 2019 12:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Califghanistan
Bureaucrat

Ex-Nation

Postby Califghanistan » Tue May 21, 2019 12:50 pm

Cekoviu wrote:
Califghanistan wrote:

Not only bi men are promiscuous sinners - I'm a woman and I'm a very promiscuous sinner, so check your sources, pleb.

Did I SAY that was the case? I said that the spreaders of the disease were promiscuous sinners.

Cekoviu
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Cekoviu » Tue May 21, 2019 12:50 pm

Logikie wrote:no problem at all, from a pansexual i don't understand what the fucking big deal is. so they're gay, what about it?
and pedophilia is completely different(and disgusting, pedos should be castrated)

Holy god, that is a horrifying view. If people got to nonconsensually destroy others' reproductive systems, the world would be a chaotic mess of chopped-off penises and potato-peeled pussies. Shaming and prison (for offenders ofc) work fine, thanks.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General