NATION

PASSWORD

What is your opinion on LGBT+ marriage?

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

Lgbt marriage: good or bad?

Yes, love is love.
58%
No, it's a sin.
12%
No, love is for reproducing.
7%
No, civil unions are better.
3%
Maybe
2%
Praise David Hasselhoff (Requested by Some random cat dude)
13%
No opinion/neutral
4%

Total votes : 698

Heloin
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Mar 30, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Heloin » Tue May 21, 2019 12:06 pm

Califghanistan wrote:
Highever wrote:Considering you think they should be put to death yes, that is exactly what you are doing. You can try and make yourself out to be some sort of righteous and loving person while also calling for their deaths but no ones buying it. Except yourself, I guess. Somehow.

Know that homosexuality is a sin. Calling for the death of one who makes love to someone of the same gender is the same as calling for the death of one who kills another. Learn this.

No it isn't.

Califghanistan
Bureaucrat

Founded: Apr 11, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Califghanistan » Tue May 21, 2019 12:07 pm

Heloin wrote:
Califghanistan wrote:
An assumption. Know that even though I love these people(like I love all people for the sake of God), punishment is required for them.

People who don't hate people don't call for the death of the people they don't hate.

That is incorrect. Imagine you are the judge and your brother killed someone. You'd have to sentence him to the punishment for murder, right? Homosexuality is the same thing. Making love to an individual of the same gender is a sin, just as murder.

Califghanistan
Bureaucrat

Ex-Nation

Postby Califghanistan » Tue May 21, 2019 12:08 pm

The Black Forrest wrote:
Califghanistan wrote:
It must be the only thing you're able to comprehend. Dr. Zakir Naik is a literal genius with a Ph.D. and was invited to many institutions worldwide to speak about his religion. He is the world's number one religious speaker.

Eh? I don't know about his medical skills. Probably would avoid him as he seems to promote rather violent actions and holds some rather antiquated thoughts.

Read some of his views on evolution. He may speak well. He may know the Qur-an well. I am not sure I would classify him a man of science.

His views on on LGBT kind of suggest he is rather ignorant......

Rather, his views on LGBT suggest he is a genius. He is a man of science. Remember that the Qur'an agrees with science in every aspect, and remember that the Qur'an is not a book of science. And a Doctor refers to someone with a Ph.D., not always medical.

Califghanistan
Bureaucrat

Ex-Nation

Postby Califghanistan » Tue May 21, 2019 12:08 pm

Heloin wrote:
Califghanistan wrote:
Know that homosexuality is a sin. Calling for the death of one who makes love to someone of the same gender is the same as calling for the death of one who kills another. Learn this.

No it isn't.

Yes, it is, and if you don't learn this fact, then this a hopeless argument for you.

Heloin
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Heloin » Tue May 21, 2019 12:10 pm

Califghanistan wrote:
Heloin wrote:People who don't hate people don't call for the death of the people they don't hate.

That is incorrect. Imagine you are the judge and your brother killed someone. You'd have to sentence him to the punishment for murder, right? Homosexuality is the same thing. Making love to an individual of the same gender is a sin, just as murder.

I'd rather just keep dating other women thanks, rather then pretend that gay sex is somehow comparable to murder.

Highever
Ambassador

Founded: Dec 21, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Highever » Tue May 21, 2019 12:10 pm

Califghanistan wrote:
Heloin wrote:No it isn't.

Yes, it is, and if you don't learn this fact, then this a hopeless argument for you.

The fuck it is. Murder is not equivalent to homosexuality. The fact that you somehow think this really is all one needs to see to understand you have a clear and burning hatred for them.
ΦΣK
⚦ Through the souls of your brothers and sisters I take My place amongst the Three; through their pleasure I ascend my Throne. Pleasure, for Pleasure's sake! ⚦
Remember Bloody Sunday
A wise man once said, ("We all dead, fuck it")
There's something in the water
Jolthig wrote:Use Soresu and not Juyo.
Charlie Chaplin wrote:Nothing is permanent in this wicked world, not even our troubles.

Califghanistan
Bureaucrat

Ex-Nation

Postby Califghanistan » Tue May 21, 2019 12:12 pm

Heloin wrote:
Califghanistan wrote:

I'd rather just keep dating other women thanks, rather then pretend that gay sex is somehow comparable to murder.

Both are crimes in the sight of God. Both warrant punishment.

Necroghastia
Forum Moderator

Founded: May 11, 2019
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Necroghastia » Tue May 21, 2019 12:12 pm

Califghanistan wrote:
Heloin wrote:People who don't hate people don't call for the death of the people they don't hate.

Even ignoring how that situation would literally never happen (because conflict of interest is a thing) I believe the death penalty should never be applied. Ever.

And murder is a crime. It actively harms other people, in a rather obvious way. My gay ass being gay does not.
The Land of Spooky Scary Skeletons!

Pronouns: she/her

Califghanistan
Bureaucrat

Ex-Nation

Postby Califghanistan » Tue May 21, 2019 12:12 pm

Highever wrote:
Califghanistan wrote:

The fuck it is. Murder is not equivalent to homosexuality. The fact that you somehow think this really is all one needs to see to understand you have a clear and burning hatred for them.

Rather, it seems you have a clear and burning hatred for anyone who disagrees with your opinion. Your wrong, evil opinion.

The Black Forrest
Khan of Spam

Founded: Antiquity
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby The Black Forrest » Tue May 21, 2019 12:13 pm

Califghanistan wrote:
The Black Forrest wrote:
Eh? I don't know about his medical skills. Probably would avoid him as he seems to promote rather violent actions and holds some rather antiquated thoughts.

Read some of his views on evolution. He may speak well. He may know the Qur-an well. I am not sure I would classify him a man of science.

His views on on LGBT kind of suggest he is rather ignorant......

Rather, his views on LGBT suggest he is a genius. He is a man of science. Remember that the Qur'an agrees with science in every aspect, and remember that the Qur'an is not a book of science. And a Doctor refers to someone with a Ph.D., not always medical.

No. He is rather ignorant. His "concepts" are only his opinion. He offers no proof.

If the Qur'an agrees with science in every aspect, why does this "genius" think people believe in evolution because they are against Religion?

I know what a PhD declares. I have not found what his is in? Theology? Great for preaching. Hardly a mark of prominence for dispensing views on science.
*I am a master proofreader after I click Submit.
* There is actually a War on Christmas. But Christmas started it, with it's unparalleled aggression against the Thanksgiving Holiday, and now Christmas has seized much Lebensraum in November, and are pushing into October. The rest of us seek to repel these invaders, and push them back to the status quo ante bellum Black Friday border. -Trotskylvania
* Silence Is Golden But Duct Tape Is Silver.
* I felt like Ayn Rand cornered me at a party, and three minutes in I found my first objection to what she was saying, but she kept talking without interruption for ten more days. - Max Barry talking about Atlas Shrugged

The Black Forrest
Khan of Spam

Postby The Black Forrest » Tue May 21, 2019 12:14 pm

Califghanistan wrote:
Heloin wrote:I'd rather just keep dating other women thanks, rather then pretend that gay sex is somehow comparable to murder.

Both are crimes in the sight of God. Both warrant punishment.

Ever tell a lie?
* There is actually a War on Christmas. But Christmas started it, with it's unparalleled aggression against the Thanksgiving Holiday, and now Christmas has seized much Lebensraum in November, and are pushing into October. The rest of us seek to repel these invaders, and push them back to the status quo ante bellum Black Friday border. -Trotskylvania
* I felt like Ayn Rand cornered me at a party, and three minutes in I found my first objection to what she was saying, but she kept talking without interruption for ten more days. - Max Barry talking about Atlas Shrugged

Califghanistan
Bureaucrat

Ex-Nation

Postby Califghanistan » Tue May 21, 2019 12:14 pm

Necroghastia wrote:
Califghanistan wrote:

Even ignoring how that situation would literally never happen (because conflict of interest is a thing) I believe the death penalty should never be applied. Ever.

And murder is a crime. It actively harms other people, in a rather obvious way. My gay ass being gay does not.

That is a lie.
When you attack the example in a situation, you show disregard for the point. Remember that the punishment for murder, warranted by God, is to give the victim's family a choice on how to deal with the murderer.

1. Have him executed
2. Have him forgiven
3. Have him pay blood money

And know that homosexuality is a crime and it does affect other people, but none more so than the one who does it.

Heloin
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Heloin » Tue May 21, 2019 12:15 pm

Califghanistan wrote:
Highever wrote:The fuck it is. Murder is not equivalent to homosexuality. The fact that you somehow think this really is all one needs to see to understand you have a clear and burning hatred for them.

Rather, it seems you have a clear and burning hatred for anyone who disagrees with your opinion. Your wrong, evil opinion.

As opposed to your clearly virtuous and not at all hateful opinion that gay people should be killed.

Califghanistan
Bureaucrat

Ex-Nation

Postby Califghanistan » Tue May 21, 2019 12:15 pm

The Black Forrest wrote:
Califghanistan wrote:

No. He is rather ignorant. His "concepts" are only his opinion. He offers no proof.

If the Qur'an agrees with science in every aspect, why does this "genius" think people believe in evolution because they are against Religion?

I know what a PhD declares. I have not found what his is in? Theology? Great for preaching. Hardly a mark of prominence for dispensing views on science.

Rather, he is not ignorant but actually a genius who is hated by ignorant people.

Califghanistan
Bureaucrat

Ex-Nation

Postby Califghanistan » Tue May 21, 2019 12:16 pm

Heloin wrote:
Califghanistan wrote:

As opposed to your clearly virtuous and not at all hateful opinion that gay people should be killed.

Opinion? No. It is a fact that God made clear that execution is what shall happen to all who make love to one of the same gender.

The Black Forrest
Khan of Spam

Postby The Black Forrest » Tue May 21, 2019 12:17 pm

Califghanistan wrote:
The Black Forrest wrote:

Rather, he is not ignorant but actually a genius who is hated by ignorant people.

Ignorance is believing someone who spouts off about things and can't back them up with evidence.

He may be a "genius" with talking about about the Qur'an. He is ignorant on other topics.

Necroghastia
Forum Moderator

Founded: May 11, 2019
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Necroghastia » Tue May 21, 2019 12:17 pm

Califghanistan wrote:
Necroghastia wrote:

That is a lie.
When you attack the example in a situation, you show disregard for the point. Remember that the punishment for murder, warranted by God, is to give the victim's family a choice on how to deal with the murderer.

1. Have him executed
2. Have him forgiven

And know that homosexuality is a crime and it does affect other people, but none more so than the one who does it.

I'm sure you can show how it harms people, then 8^)
The Land of Spooky Scary Skeletons!

Pronouns: she/her

Highever
Ambassador

Founded: Dec 21, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Highever » Tue May 21, 2019 12:18 pm

Califghanistan wrote:
Highever wrote:The fuck it is. Murder is not equivalent to homosexuality. The fact that you somehow think this really is all one needs to see to understand you have a clear and burning hatred for them.

Forgive me if I dont take kindly to people who have blatantly wrong information regarding homosexuality and somehow think they are a loving person while calling for the death of those they hate because they find them icky.

Tell me, how exactly is homosexuality a capital offense in, say, the US?
ΦΣK
⚦ Through the souls of your brothers and sisters I take My place amongst the Three; through their pleasure I ascend my Throne. Pleasure, for Pleasure's sake! ⚦
Remember Bloody Sunday
A wise man once said, ("We all dead, fuck it")
There's something in the water
Jolthig wrote:Use Soresu and not Juyo.
Charlie Chaplin wrote:Nothing is permanent in this wicked world, not even our troubles.

Califghanistan
Bureaucrat

Ex-Nation

Postby Califghanistan » Tue May 21, 2019 12:18 pm

The Black Forrest wrote:
Califghanistan wrote:

Ignorance is believing someone who spouts off about things and can't back them up with evidence.

He may be a "genius" with talking about about the Qur'an. He is ignorant on other topics.

Problem; he does not spout off random things while neglecting to back them up with evidence. He is a genius, round every topic.

Califghanistan
Bureaucrat

Ex-Nation

Postby Califghanistan » Tue May 21, 2019 12:21 pm

Necroghastia wrote:
Califghanistan wrote:
That is a lie.

1. Have him executed
2. Have him forgiven

I'm sure you can show how it harms people, then 8^)

Muhammad (SAW) said, "Sexual immorality will appear in a people to the point that they do it openly and proudly, and then they will be afflicted with painful diseases unbeknownst to their forefathers." That, my friend, is AIDS, which was first reported amongst homosexual men and spread to the heterosexual community through bisexuals, all of them promiscuous sinners. Need I remind you of the effects of AIDS?

Heloin
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Heloin » Tue May 21, 2019 12:21 pm

Califghanistan wrote:
The Black Forrest wrote:

Problem; he does not spout off random things while neglecting to back them up with evidence. He is a genius, round every topic.

That's impossible. I've not bothered looking him up but by that he sounds like a charlatan.

Califghanistan
Bureaucrat

Ex-Nation

Postby Califghanistan » Tue May 21, 2019 12:22 pm

Highever wrote:
Califghanistan wrote:

Forgive me if I dont take kindly to people who have blatantly wrong information regarding homosexuality and somehow think they are a loving person while calling for the death of those they hate because they find them icky.

Tell me, how exactly is homosexuality a capital offense in, say, the US?

Thing is, my information is not blatantly wrong but the truth, even if you hate it. Am I a loving person for advising to stay away from the sin that is homosexuality? God knows.

How exactly is homosexuality a capital offense in the United States? What point are you trying to prove here? It is legal in America.

Califghanistan
Bureaucrat

Ex-Nation

Postby Califghanistan » Tue May 21, 2019 12:22 pm

Since most of you have forgotten,

Why are my nation and religion strictly against homosexuality? To quote a book*

In the West today, homosexuality and lesbianism have come to be seen as an alternative lifestyle subject to personal preference. It is no longer considered an abnormality that requires restraint and treatment and is being actively promoted by its adherents and their sympathizers as a legitimate way of life. Arguments in favor of tolerance toward same-sex relationships are based on the assumption that homosexual behavior is biologically based and not merely learned from society.

Islam considers homosexuality to be the result of human choice. Human beings are not robots that do only what they are programmed to do. They choose how to behave, and God holds them responsible for their choices. It is inconceivable that God would have made some people homosexuals then declared it a punishable crime(God has created everything in due proportion. He established the means for populating the earth and maintaining life by the creation of male and female, not only in man but among almost all living things. Islam considers deliberate efforts to change this nature as a rebellion against the creator). To accept such a proposition is to suggest that God is unjust.

Inclinations can exist within humans toward a variety of natural acts and unnatural ones such as rape, pedophilia, or bestiality. These inclinations may arise from media influence or direct contact, but it does not mean that free reign should be given to them. Muslims(and everyone) are under obligation to control such inclinations in obedience to God.

It should be noted that Islam did not introduce anti-gay legislature to the world. The texts of the Torah are replete with a clear condemnation of such practices. But among the things foretold by the Prophet of Islam is this: "Immorality will not appear among a people to the extent that they publicize it but that painful diseases will spread among them which were not known to their predecessors(Narrated by Ibn Majah and al-Hakim)."

Sexually transmitted diseases are steeply on the rise in permissive societies-in particular, HIV/AIDS, which causes loss of acquired immunity and usually leads to death. The early spread of AIDS was first observed among homosexual communities. Later, it entered the heterosexual community through so-called bisexuals as well as blood transfusions and intravenous drug usage, and now it continues to spread among promiscuous heterosexuals. AIDS remains incurable, and infections continue to increase in gay and bisexual men, who accounted for more than half of HIV infections in 2006.

*ISLAM: Top 50 Questions Answered, by Saheeh International

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UuID-GS--k0

The Black Forrest
Khan of Spam

Postby The Black Forrest » Tue May 21, 2019 12:23 pm

Califghanistan wrote:
The Black Forrest wrote:

That's a rather ignorant comment.

Again, how is the Qur'an accepting of science and yet your "genius" says belief in evolution is by people who are against Religion? Never mind Darwin was very religious. Then again your "genius" would like to see Darwin excluded since he wasn't a Muslim.
Last edited by The Black Forrest on Tue May 21, 2019 12:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Heloin
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Heloin » Tue May 21, 2019 12:24 pm

Califghanistan wrote:
Since most of you have forgotten,

Why are my nation and religion strictly against homosexuality? To quote a book*

In the West today, homosexuality and lesbianism have come to be seen as an alternative lifestyle subject to personal preference. It is no longer considered an abnormality that requires restraint and treatment and is being actively promoted by its adherents and their sympathizers as a legitimate way of life. Arguments in favor of tolerance toward same-sex relationships are based on the assumption that homosexual behavior is biologically based and not merely learned from society.

Islam considers homosexuality to be the result of human choice. Human beings are not robots that do only what they are programmed to do. They choose how to behave, and God holds them responsible for their choices. It is inconceivable that God would have made some people homosexuals then declared it a punishable crime(God has created everything in due proportion. He established the means for populating the earth and maintaining life by the creation of male and female, not only in man but among almost all living things. Islam considers deliberate efforts to change this nature as a rebellion against the creator). To accept such a proposition is to suggest that God is unjust.

Inclinations can exist within humans toward a variety of natural acts and unnatural ones such as rape, pedophilia, or bestiality. These inclinations may arise from media influence or direct contact, but it does not mean that free reign should be given to them. Muslims(and everyone) are under obligation to control such inclinations in obedience to God.

It should be noted that Islam did not introduce anti-gay legislature to the world. The texts of the Torah are replete with a clear condemnation of such practices. But among the things foretold by the Prophet of Islam is this: "Immorality will not appear among a people to the extent that they publicize it but that painful diseases will spread among them which were not known to their predecessors(Narrated by Ibn Majah and al-Hakim)."

Sexually transmitted diseases are steeply on the rise in permissive societies-in particular, HIV/AIDS, which causes loss of acquired immunity and usually leads to death. The early spread of AIDS was first observed among homosexual communities. Later, it entered the heterosexual community through so-called bisexuals as well as blood transfusions and intravenous drug usage, and now it continues to spread among promiscuous heterosexuals. AIDS remains incurable, and infections continue to increase in gay and bisexual men, who accounted for more than half of HIV infections in 2006.

*ISLAM: Top 50 Questions Answered, by Saheeh International

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UuID-GS--k0

Yes we know, a whole lot of bullshit thanks for sharing. You know it can be considered spam to just post walls of text over and over right? Best avoid doing that.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General