NATION

PASSWORD

What is your opinion on LGBT+ marriage?

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

Lgbt marriage: good or bad?

Yes, love is love.
58%
No, it's a sin.
12%
No, love is for reproducing.
7%
No, civil unions are better.
3%
Maybe
2%
Praise David Hasselhoff (Requested by Some random cat dude)
13%
No opinion/neutral
4%

Total votes : 698

Neanderthaland
Powerbroker

Founded: Sep 10, 2016
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Neanderthaland » Mon May 20, 2019 7:17 pm

Hakinda Herseyi Duymak istiyorum wrote:Terrorists can't defend love

I love this sentence. I have no idea what it means.
Ug make fire. Mod ban Ug.

Cekoviu
Post Marshal

Founded: Oct 18, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Cekoviu » Mon May 20, 2019 8:34 pm

Hakinda Herseyi Duymak istiyorum wrote:
Cekoviu wrote:It's nice that Turkey has been modernizing with regards to nontraditional sexualities and gender roles, despite its trend in the other direction for basically everything else. Particularly interesting given the contrasting attitudes of its neighbors (except Greece and to some extent Rojava, I guess).
I do not agree,contemporary Turks thanks to freedom of love guard. Terrorists can't defend love

Hm? I'm not sure what you're saying here. If it's an anti-Rojava comment, which seems to be the case, I'm not saying that I'm necessarily for it, but the point was just that it's fairly socially progressive in comparison to the region as a whole.
pro: women's rights
anti: men's rights

Cekoviu
Post Marshal

Founded: Oct 18, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Cekoviu » Mon May 20, 2019 8:35 pm

Neanderthaland wrote:
Hakinda Herseyi Duymak istiyorum wrote:Terrorists can't defend love

I love this sentence. I have no idea what it means.

It probably makes more sense in Turkish. It seems like they might be using Google Translate or something.
pro: women's rights
anti: men's rights

Califghanistan
Bureaucrat

Founded: Apr 11, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Califghanistan » Tue May 21, 2019 11:13 am

-MAFDET- wrote:
Kannap wrote:
Why?

Because he is homophobic.

That's a lie. Homophobia is the fear of homosexuals and homosexuality. Rather,

Why are my nation and religion strictly against homosexuality? To quote a book*

In the West today, homosexuality and lesbianism have come to be seen as an alternative lifestyle subject to personal preference. It is no longer considered an abnormality that requires restraint and treatment and is being actively promoted by its adherents and their sympathizers as a legitimate way of life. Arguments in favor of tolerance toward same-sex relationships are based on the assumption that homosexual behavior is biologically based and not merely learned from society.

Islam considers homosexuality to be the result of human choice. Human beings are not robots that do only what they are programmed to do. They choose how to behave, and God holds them responsible for their choices. It is inconceivable that God would have made some people homosexuals then declared it a punishable crime(God has created everything in due proportion. He established the means for populating the earth and maintaining life by the creation of male and female, not only in man but among almost all living things. Islam considers deliberate efforts to change this nature as a rebellion against the creator). To accept such a proposition is to suggest that God is unjust.

Inclinations can exist within humans toward a variety of natural acts and unnatural ones such as rape, pedophilia, or bestiality. These inclinations may arise from media influence or direct contact, but it does not mean that free reign should be given to them. Muslims(and everyone) are under obligation to control such inclinations in obedience to God.

It should be noted that Islam did not introduce anti-gay legislature to the world. The texts of the Torah are replete with a clear condemnation of such practices. But among the things foretold by the Prophet of Islam is this: "Immorality will not appear among a people to the extent that they publicize it but that painful diseases will spread among them which were not known to their predecessors(Narrated by Ibn Majah and al-Hakim)."

Sexually transmitted diseases are steeply on the rise in permissive societies-in particular, HIV/AIDS, which causes loss of acquired immunity and usually leads to death. The early spread of AIDS was first observed among homosexual communities. Later, it entered the heterosexual community through so-called bisexuals as well as blood transfusions and intravenous drug usage, and now it continues to spread among promiscuous heterosexuals. AIDS remains incurable, and infections continue to increase in gay and bisexual men, who accounted for more than half of HIV infections in 2006.

*ISLAM: Top 50 Questions Answered, by Saheeh International

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UuID-GS--k0

The Rich Port
Post Czar

Founded: Jul 29, 2008
Left-Leaning College State

Postby The Rich Port » Tue May 21, 2019 11:15 am

Califghanistan wrote:
-MAFDET- wrote:Because he is homophobic.

That's a lie. Homophobia is the fear of homosexuals and homosexuality. Rather,

In the West today, homosexuality and lesbianism have come to be seen as an alternative lifestyle subject to personal preference. It is no longer considered an abnormality that requires restraint and treatment and is being actively promoted by its adherents and their sympathizers as a legitimate way of life. Arguments in favor of tolerance toward same-sex relationships are based on the assumption that homosexual behavior is biologically based and not merely learned from society.

Islam considers homosexuality to be the result of human choice. Human beings are not robots that do only what they are programmed to do. They choose how to behave, and God holds them responsible for their choices. It is inconceivable that God would have made some people homosexuals then declared it a punishable crime(God has created everything in due proportion. He established the means for populating the earth and maintaining life by the creation of male and female, not only in man but among almost all living things. Islam considers deliberate efforts to change this nature as a rebellion against the creator). To accept such a proposition is to suggest that God is unjust.

Inclinations can exist within humans toward a variety of natural acts and unnatural ones such as rape, pedophilia, or bestiality. These inclinations may arise from media influence or direct contact, but it does not mean that free reign should be given to them. Muslims(and everyone) are under obligation to control such inclinations in obedience to God.

It should be noted that Islam did not introduce anti-gay legislature to the world. The texts of the Torah are replete with a clear condemnation of such practices. But among the things foretold by the Prophet of Islam is this: "Immorality will not appear among a people to the extent that they publicize it but that painful diseases will spread among them which were not known to their predecessors(Narrated by Ibn Majah and al-Hakim)."

Sexually transmitted diseases are steeply on the rise in permissive societies-in particular, HIV/AIDS, which causes loss of acquired immunity and usually leads to death. The early spread of AIDS was first observed among homosexual communities. Later, it entered the heterosexual community through so-called bisexuals as well as blood transfusions and intravenous drug usage, and now it continues to spread among promiscuous heterosexuals. AIDS remains incurable, and infections continue to increase in gay and bisexual men, who accounted for more than half of HIV infections in 2006.

Ah so it's homophobia trussed up in the make-up of religion. Good to know.
THOSE THAT SOW THORNS SHOULD NOT EXPECT FLOWERS
CONSERVATISM IS FEAR AND STAGNATION AS IDEOLOGY. ONLY MARCH FORWARD.

Pronouns: She/Her
The Alt-Right Playbook
Alt-right/racist terminology
LOVEWHOYOUARE~

Califghanistan
Bureaucrat

Ex-Nation

Postby Califghanistan » Tue May 21, 2019 11:18 am

Sapientia Et Bellum wrote:
Califghanistan wrote:

Im sorry to tell you this but human behavior is a lot more complex than we "choose what to do..." especially seeing that environment, upbringing, faiths, ect weigh heavily on how individuals make decisions....The idea of free will isn't perfect seeing as the will of most individuals is just a reflection of the society they were brought up within... Furthermore, human choice is also determined by genetics as everything down to the space between your eyes can influence how you choose... genetics plays a huge role in the type of individuals that one is attracted to... the difference between gay and pedophiles is that gays are not literally trying to rape people who cant consint to certain actions... Not to mention your prophet was a pedo

Firstly, what I had stated before is an irrefutable fact. Homosexuality is not a sexuality; it is an action. Everyone is heterosexual. Attraction to the same sex, dead bodies, and children are all animalistic desires. Homosexuality was normalized in the West first; what next? Necrophillia? Pedophillia? Rape? They are, after all, in the same category.

Not to mention, Muhammad (SAW) was the greatest man to ever live. He was NOT a pedophile.
Aisha (RA), the beloved wife of Muhammad (SAW), was 16 when she got married to Muhammad (SAW), not 6 or 9. And they specifically waited until she was of age before she married him(because SHE wanted to marry HIM, not the other way around). And it is known that Muhammad (SAW) had no children with Aisha (RA). While 16 is considered underage here, know that back then, 15 was the age of adulthood.

Califghanistan
Bureaucrat

Ex-Nation

Postby Califghanistan » Tue May 21, 2019 11:20 am

Kannap wrote:
-MAFDET- wrote:Because he is homophobic.

Probably so

Homophobia is the fear of homosexuals, which I do not. Rather, and I have said this already,

Nakena
Post Marshal

Founded: May 06, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Nakena » Tue May 21, 2019 11:20 am

Our ancestors, the old greeks, had no issues with it. So why should we do?
Last edited by Nakena on Tue May 21, 2019 11:20 am, edited 1 time in total.

Andsed
Postmaster-General

Founded: Aug 24, 2017
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Andsed » Tue May 21, 2019 11:20 am

Califghanistan wrote:
Sapientia Et Bellum wrote:Im sorry to tell you this but human behavior is a lot more complex than we "choose what to do..." especially seeing that environment, upbringing, faiths, ect weigh heavily on how individuals make decisions....The idea of free will isn't perfect seeing as the will of most individuals is just a reflection of the society they were brought up within... Furthermore, human choice is also determined by genetics as everything down to the space between your eyes can influence how you choose... genetics plays a huge role in the type of individuals that one is attracted to... the difference between gay and pedophiles is that gays are not literally trying to rape people who cant consint to certain actions... Not to mention your prophet was a pedo

Firstly, what I had stated before is an irrefutable fact. Homosexuality is not a sexuality; it is an action. Everyone is heterosexual. Attraction to the same sex, dead bodies, and children are all animalistic desires. Homosexuality was normalized in the West first; what next? Necrophillia? Pedophillia? Rape? They are, after all, in the same category.

Not to mention, Muhammad (SAW) was the greatest man to ever live. He was NOT a pedophile.
Aisha (RA), the beloved wife of Muhammad (SAW), was 16 when she got married to Muhammad (SAW), not 6 or 9. And they specifically waited until she was of age before she married him(because SHE wanted to marry HIM, not the other way around). And it is known that Muhammad (SAW) had no children with Aisha (RA). While 16 is considered underage here, know that back then, 15 was the age of adulthood.

Bullshit. Homosexuality is not an act. It is just like heterosexuality. Also are you really using that age old lie that homosexuality can even be somewhat compared to shit like rape?
I do be tired

LOVEWHOYOUARE~

Andsed
Postmaster-General

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Andsed » Tue May 21, 2019 11:21 am

Nakena wrote:Our ancestors, the old greeks, had no issues with it. So why should we do?

Because some outdated religion says so apparently.
I do be tired

LOVEWHOYOUARE~

Highever
Ambassador

Founded: Dec 21, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Highever » Tue May 21, 2019 11:21 am

Califghanistan wrote:
Kannap wrote:
Probably so

Homophobia is the fear of homosexuals, which I do not.

Actually, its not.
ho·mo·pho·bi·a
/ˌhōməˈfōbēə/
Learn to pronounce
noun
dislike of or prejudice against homosexual people.
ΦΣK
⚦ Through the souls of your brothers and sisters I take My place amongst the Three; through their pleasure I ascend my Throne. Pleasure, for Pleasure's sake! ⚦
Remember Bloody Sunday
A wise man once said, ("We all dead, fuck it")
There's something in the water
Jolthig wrote:Use Soresu and not Juyo.
Charlie Chaplin wrote:Nothing is permanent in this wicked world, not even our troubles.

The Rich Port
Post Czar

Postby The Rich Port » Tue May 21, 2019 11:22 am

Califghanistan wrote:
Firstly, what I had stated before is an irrefutable fact. Homosexuality is not a sexuality; it is an action.

... What?

That's a fundamental ignorance of what fetishes and orientations are and an obvious false dichotomy.

Ha. Geddit. Because... Fundamental Islam... Anyway.

The Alt-Right Playbook
LOVEWHOYOUARE~

Califghanistan
Bureaucrat

Ex-Nation

Postby Califghanistan » Tue May 21, 2019 11:23 am

Andsed wrote:
Califghanistan wrote:

Bullshit. Homosexuality is not an act. It is just like heterosexuality. Also are you really using that age old lie that homosexuality can even be somewhat compared to shit like rape?

No, homosexuality is an act and an animalistic desire. Attraction to the same sex is no different than attraction to children, animals, dead bodies or unwilling partners.

Farnhamia
Game Moderator

Founded: Jun 20, 2006

Postby Farnhamia » Tue May 21, 2019 11:24 am

Califghanistan wrote:
Andsed wrote:Bullshit. Homosexuality is not an act. It is just like heterosexuality. Also are you really using that age old lie that homosexuality can even be somewhat compared to shit like rape?

No, homosexuality is an act and an animalistic desire. Attraction to the same sex is no different than attraction to children, animals, dead bodies or unwilling partners.

*** Warned for trolling. ***
Make Earth Great Again: Stop Continental Drift!
And Jesus was a sailor when he walked upon the water ...
"Make yourself at home, Frank. Hit somebody." RIP Don Rickles
My country, right or wrong; if right, to be kept right; and if wrong, to be set right. ~ Carl Schurz
<Sigh> NSG...where even the atheists are Augustinians. ~ The Archregimancy
Now the foot is on the other hand ~ Kannap
RIP Dyakovo ... Ashmoria (Freedom ... or cake)
This is the eighth line. If your signature is longer, it's too long.

Califghanistan
Bureaucrat

Ex-Nation

Postby Califghanistan » Tue May 21, 2019 11:24 am

Highever wrote:
Califghanistan wrote:
Homophobia is the fear of homosexuals, which I do not.

Actually, its not.
ho·mo·pho·bi·a
/ˌhōməˈfōbēə/
Learn to pronounce
noun
dislike of or prejudice against homosexual people.

Even so, I have no prejudice against homosexuals. What I hate is the act of homosexuality.

The Alma Mater
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: May 23, 2004
Ex-Nation

Postby The Alma Mater » Tue May 21, 2019 11:26 am

Califghanistan wrote:
Highever wrote:Actually, its not.

Even so, I have no prejudice against homosexuals. What I hate is the act of homosexuality.

Do you mind if a man gets a blowjob from a woman or has anal sex with her ?
Getting an education was a bit like a communicable sexual disease.
It made you unsuitable for a lot of jobs and then you had the urge to pass it on.
- Terry Pratchett, Hogfather

Andsed
Postmaster-General

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Andsed » Tue May 21, 2019 11:27 am

Califghanistan wrote:
Andsed wrote:Bullshit. Homosexuality is not an act. It is just like heterosexuality. Also are you really using that age old lie that homosexuality can even be somewhat compared to shit like rape?

That is nothing more than a lie. Homosexuality is simply liking someone of the same gender. It no more an act or animalistic desire than heterosexuality

And surprise surprise there is a major ducking difference between fucking another consenting adult of the same gender and fucking a fucking body or raping someone.

Stop making up and spewing out these lies. They are just getting old.
Last edited by Andsed on Tue May 21, 2019 11:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
I do be tired

LOVEWHOYOUARE~

The Rich Port
Post Czar

Postby The Rich Port » Tue May 21, 2019 11:31 am

Califghanistan wrote:

You gonna show us the "Eat Da Poopoo" meme next.

It's on the same wavelength, more or less.

The Alt-Right Playbook
LOVEWHOYOUARE~

Highever
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Highever » Tue May 21, 2019 11:31 am

Califghanistan wrote:
Highever wrote:Actually, its not.

Yes you have no hate towards them, that's why you think they're as bad a pedophiles, rapists, and necrophiles :roll:
Last edited by Highever on Tue May 21, 2019 11:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
ΦΣK
⚦ Through the souls of your brothers and sisters I take My place amongst the Three; through their pleasure I ascend my Throne. Pleasure, for Pleasure's sake! ⚦
Remember Bloody Sunday
Charlie Chaplin wrote:Nothing is permanent in this wicked world, not even our troubles.

Califghanistan
Bureaucrat

Ex-Nation

Postby Califghanistan » Tue May 21, 2019 11:31 am

The Alma Mater wrote:
Califghanistan wrote:

Neither blowjobs nor anal sex, no matter the genders, are ok.

Califghanistan
Bureaucrat

Ex-Nation

Postby Califghanistan » Tue May 21, 2019 11:32 am

Andsed wrote:
Califghanistan wrote:

I could say the same to you.

Califghanistan
Bureaucrat

Ex-Nation

Postby Califghanistan » Tue May 21, 2019 11:33 am

The Rich Port wrote:
Califghanistan wrote:

You gonna show us the "Eat Da Poopoo" meme next.

It's on the same wavelength, more or less.

It must be the only thing you're able to comprehend. Dr. Zakir Naik is a literal genius with a Ph.D. and was invited to many institutions worldwide to speak about his religion. He is the world's number one religious speaker.

Califghanistan
Bureaucrat

Ex-Nation

Postby Califghanistan » Tue May 21, 2019 11:33 am

Highever wrote:
Califghanistan wrote:

Yes you have no hate towards them, that's why you think they're as bad a pedophiles, rapists, and necrophiles :roll:

Hate the sin, love the sinner.

Andsed
Postmaster-General

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Andsed » Tue May 21, 2019 11:35 am

Califghanistan wrote:
The Alma Mater wrote:

Neither blowjobs nor anal sex, no matter the genders, are ok.

How? Blowjobs and anal when done with another consenting adult harms no one. So how are they wrong?

Califghanistan wrote:
Andsed wrote:

I could say the same to you.

Your the one claiming unsupported lies like homosexuality is like fucking a dead body as true.
I do be tired

LOVEWHOYOUARE~

Highever
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Highever » Tue May 21, 2019 11:37 am

Califghanistan wrote:
Highever wrote:Yes you have no hate towards them, that's why you think they're as bad a pedophiles, rapists, and necrophiles :roll:

Hate the sin, love the sinner.

Bunch of self righteous bullshit.
ΦΣK
Remember Bloody Sunday

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General