NATION

PASSWORD

Alt-right. A terrorist movement in the making?

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

Czechoslovakia and Zakarpattia
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Dec 01, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Czechoslovakia and Zakarpattia » Mon Apr 29, 2019 12:03 pm

Skarten wrote:
The Derpy Democratic Republic Of Herp wrote:Anti vaxxers, anti environmentalists, calls for harming or killing anyone they don't like.

W H E E Z E

By the decree of my word, all flat-earthers are now leftists.

Didn't cha know climatologists and "warmists" are far-left ultracommunist and Maoist hellspawns who want to destroy America's economic powerhouse as well? Flat-earthers also generally think anyone who subscribes to the heliocentric model is a "leftie" or connected to the "round-earth Illuminati conspiracy". And now they have reached the ultimate evolution. Being both heavily rightwing and leftwing at the same time. The Schrodinger Earthists in action.

Fedel
Minister

Founded: Mar 08, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Fedel » Mon Apr 29, 2019 12:03 pm

The Black Party wrote:
Skarten wrote:
W H E E Z E

Flat Earther's are closer to right then left because of the belief of the International Globalist NWO.

Think you missed the point.

Bear Stearns
Postmaster-General

Founded: Dec 02, 2018
Capitalizt

Postby Bear Stearns » Mon Apr 29, 2019 12:04 pm

Skarten wrote:
Bear Stearns wrote:
Name a time in history when being a minority has ever been a good thing.

Funnily enough, the western world.

This is true. Minorities in the modern West are historically blessed.
The Bear Stearns Companies, Inc. is a New York-based global investment bank, securities trading and brokerage firm. Its main business areas are capital markets, investment banking, wealth management and global clearing services. Bear Stearns was founded as an equity trading house on May Day 1923 by Joseph Ainslie Bear, Robert B. Stearns and Harold C. Mayer with $500,000 in capital.
383 Madison Ave,
New York, NY 10017
Vince Vaughn

The Galactic Liberal Democracy
Minister

Founded: Jun 13, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby The Galactic Liberal Democracy » Mon Apr 29, 2019 12:04 pm

Bear Stearns wrote:
The Galactic Liberal Democracy wrote:No, they skip right to shooting dissenters in the streets. That’s not good at all.

But if you're killing people who disagree with you, then what's so bad about that? You're removing a threat to your power structure.

I forgot some people don’t care about human rights.
NOT STORMTROOPERS
Cossack Khanate wrote:This shall forever be known as World War Sh*t: Newark Aggression. Now if I see one more troop deployed, I will call on the force of all the Hindu gods to reverse time and wipe your race of the face of the planet. Cease.

The Black Party wrote:(TBP kamikaze's into all 99999999999 nukes before they hit our territory because we just have that many pilots ready to die for dah blak regime, we also counter-attack into your nation with our entire population of 45 million because this RP allows it.)

El-Amin Caliphate wrote:Galatic Liberal Democracy short-circuits all of NS with FACTS and LOGIC

Evil Dictators Happyland
Senator

Founded: Aug 03, 2016
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Evil Dictators Happyland » Mon Apr 29, 2019 12:04 pm

Skarten wrote:
Evil Dictators Happyland wrote:*ding ding ding ding* And we have our first "but the left is just as bad because ANTIFA!" poster. Don't worry, there will be more, and definitely don't ask them to explain why antifa is just as bad, because they won't.

Let me ask you a question here. Be honest.

Did you even read what i said?

Or are you just so deep in the rabbit hole that you can't bear the tought that the left has quite literally took the examples some old conservatives were using as examples of what would happen and decided it was not only a great manual, but that they'd go tenfold past it. They didn't just slip in the slippery slope, they slid on it like a goddamn water slide

I read what you wrote, I just don't see how the crimes of the left excuse those of the right. Radical leftism is something that should be dealt with, yes, but if you actively ignore the alt-right because of it, you both defeat the point of beating radial ideologies and give left-wingers more reasons to radicalize.
Try explaining why they shouldn't be considered a terror organization, and then I might find some merit in what you have to say. But if you're just going to hurl "no u"s at anyone who disagrees, then you have nothing worth reading.
Last edited by Evil Dictators Happyland on Mon Apr 29, 2019 12:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

The Black Party
Minister

Founded: Oct 31, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby The Black Party » Mon Apr 29, 2019 12:04 pm

Fedel wrote:
The Black Party wrote:Flat Earther's are closer to right then left because of the belief of the International Globalist NWO.

just a little "the more you know" snippit
Don't talk to Moderators.
Don't associate with Moderators.
Don't trust Moderators.
Moderators Lie.
"Revolt Against the Mod World"

Bear Stearns
Postmaster-General

Capitalizt

Postby Bear Stearns » Mon Apr 29, 2019 12:05 pm

The Derpy Democratic Republic Of Herp wrote:
Skarten wrote:
W H E E Z E

What?

Anti vaxxers exist on both sides and are dangerous on both sides.

The right is where the majority of anti environmentalists are, and that's still dangerous.

Interestingly, the early conservation movement in the 1910s and 1920s was dominated by old school conservatives, many of whom were eugenicists, white supremacists, etc.
The Bear Stearns Companies, Inc. is a New York-based global investment bank, securities trading and brokerage firm. Its main business areas are capital markets, investment banking, wealth management and global clearing services. Bear Stearns was founded as an equity trading house on May Day 1923 by Joseph Ainslie Bear, Robert B. Stearns and Harold C. Mayer with $500,000 in capital.
383 Madison Ave,
New York, NY 10017
Vince Vaughn

The Derpy Democratic Republic Of Herp
Post Czar

Founded: Dec 18, 2013
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby The Derpy Democratic Republic Of Herp » Mon Apr 29, 2019 12:05 pm

Fedel wrote:
The Black Party wrote:Flat Earther's are closer to right then left because of the belief of the International Globalist NWO.

I don't think there was a point, his post was just confusing.

The Black Party
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby The Black Party » Mon Apr 29, 2019 12:05 pm

Bear Stearns wrote:
What?

The right is where the majority of anti environmentalists are, and that's still dangerous.

Interestingly, the early conservation movement in the 1910s and 1920s was dominated by old school conservatives, many of whom were eugenicists, white supremacists, etc.

Difficult to judge men of the 1920's by modern standards.
Don't trust Moderators.
Moderators Lie.

Bear Stearns
Postmaster-General

Capitalizt

Postby Bear Stearns » Mon Apr 29, 2019 12:05 pm

The Galactic Liberal Democracy wrote:
Bear Stearns wrote:
But if you're killing people who disagree with you, then what's so bad about that? You're removing a threat to your power structure.

I forgot some people don’t care about human rights.

I'm being facetious. Clearly just executing everyone you disagree with is not a solution.
383 Madison Ave,
New York, NY 10017
Vince Vaughn

Skarten
Senator

Founded: Dec 08, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Skarten » Mon Apr 29, 2019 12:06 pm

Skarten wrote:
W H E E Z E

What?

Then don't call them right-wing problems.
Also, china would like to have a word with you.

Skarten wrote:
And that is comparing apples to oranges.

It really ain't chief. Unless, of course, you mean that this thread is just for shitting on right-wingers rather than actually debating.

It is for debating, but putting a law up for vote is not equal to shooting[/quote]

You're right, it can be many, many times worse.

Skarten
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Skarten » Mon Apr 29, 2019 12:07 pm

Bear Stearns wrote:
Skarten wrote:
Funnily enough, the western world.

Just like minorities in anywhere else.

Something that hasn't changed at all, really.

Kragholm Free States
Diplomat

Founded: Mar 19, 2017
Capitalist Paradise

Postby Kragholm Free States » Mon Apr 29, 2019 12:07 pm

The Black Party wrote:
Skarten wrote:
W H E E Z E

Flat Earther's are closer to right then left because of the belief of the International Globalist NWO.

The left believes that as well though, it's just made up of Russian Nazis instead of teh j00s!11!1!!
Formerly New Aerios, Est. 2012.
I don't use NS stats, here's my perpetually WIP factbooks.
Obligatory Political Compass:
Econ: 3.88 (R), Soc: -4.97 (L)
Civil Libertarian, Monarchist, Decentralist, Economic Localist, Englishman.
Old posts not necessarily representative of current views.

Fedel
Minister

Founded: Mar 08, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Fedel » Mon Apr 29, 2019 12:07 pm

Fedel wrote:

I don't think there was a point, his post was just confusing.

Very possible, but I think the point was that people who use the term "alt right" don't have a clear label for it and it's generally just used as a shorthand to refer to people who believe ridiculous and/or reprehensible things. I.E. the crazy evil right wingers.

On that subject, it'd be cool if the OP could give us a definition for what THEY believe "alt right" means.
Last edited by Fedel on Mon Apr 29, 2019 12:09 pm, edited 2 times in total.

The Black Party
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby The Black Party » Mon Apr 29, 2019 12:08 pm

Kragholm Free States wrote:

The left believes that as well though, it's just made up of Russian Nazis instead of teh j00s!11!1!!

good point
Don't trust Moderators.
Moderators Lie.

Skarten
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Skarten » Mon Apr 29, 2019 12:08 pm

Czechoslovakia and Zakarpattia wrote:
Skarten wrote:
W H E E Z E

Didn't cha know climatologists and "warmists" are far-left ultracommunist and Maoist hellspawns who want to destroy America's economic powerhouse as well? Flat-earthers also generally think anyone who subscribes to the heliocentric model is a "leftie" or connected to the "round-earth Illuminati conspiracy". And now they have reached the ultimate evolution. Being both heavily rightwing and leftwing at the same time. The Schrodinger Earthists in action.

The Point
-
-
-
You

I'm saying that calling anti-vaxxers a right wing thing is stupid.
Last edited by Skarten on Mon Apr 29, 2019 12:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Bear Stearns
Postmaster-General

Capitalizt

Postby Bear Stearns » Mon Apr 29, 2019 12:08 pm

Skarten wrote:
Bear Stearns wrote:

No, minorities in non-Western countries are generally fucked.
383 Madison Ave,
New York, NY 10017
Vince Vaughn

Hatterleigh
Ambassador

Founded: Sep 07, 2016
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Hatterleigh » Mon Apr 29, 2019 12:08 pm

I don't care.
✦ ✦ ✦ The Free Domain of Hatterleigh ✦ ✦ ✦
National News Network: William Botrum entering last days in office - President-elect Rood preparing or term
Overview of Hatterleigh | William Botrum, Hatterleigh's President | Hatterlese Embassy Program | I don't use NS stats.

The Black Party
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby The Black Party » Mon Apr 29, 2019 12:09 pm

Bear Stearns wrote:
Skarten wrote:

Minorities in Western countries are generally well off
Don't trust Moderators.
Moderators Lie.

Evil Dictators Happyland
Senator

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Evil Dictators Happyland » Mon Apr 29, 2019 12:09 pm

Skarten wrote:
What?

Then don't call them right-wing problems.
Also, china would like to have a word with you.

China's "leftism" (if you can even call it that) is nothing like the leftism practiced in the rest of the world. China's fiercely corporatist, anti-environmentalist, and anti-minority, so criticism of them (while valid in 95% of cases) has nothing to do with actual leftism.

Skarten
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Skarten » Mon Apr 29, 2019 12:09 pm

Evil Dictators Happyland wrote:
Skarten wrote:Let me ask you a question here. Be honest.

Did you even read what i said?

Or are you just so deep in the rabbit hole that you can't bear the tought that the left has quite literally took the examples some old conservatives were using as examples of what would happen and decided it was not only a great manual, but that they'd go tenfold past it. They didn't just slip in the slippery slope, they slid on it like a goddamn water slide

I read what you wrote, I just don't see how the crimes of the left excuse those of the right. Radical leftism is something that should be dealt with, yes, but if you actively ignore the alt-right because of it, you both defeat the point of beating radial ideologies and give left-wingers more reasons to radicalize.
Try explaining why they shouldn't be considered a terror organization, and then I might find some merit in what you have to say. But if you're just going to hurl "no u"s at anyone who disagrees, then you have nothing worth reading.

Because they're not an terrorist group. A bunch of edgy people in the internet is not an terrorist group.

South Acren
Minister

Founded: Dec 19, 2017
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby South Acren » Mon Apr 29, 2019 12:10 pm

And this is why people hate fascists, among other reasons...ahem. However call the alt-right movement a terrorist movement is a little extreme. You don't see me going and joining nazis and other of those groups do you? It clearly depended on how radical said person is.
"Gott Mit Uns!"
.....begin transmission

Be not afraid. We now acknowledge your existence. You are now under protection of The Eternal Empire. We will guard you with our lives forevermore. Pray you never give us a reason to revoke it.
Imperium Aeterna, Empire Eternal

Skarten
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Skarten » Mon Apr 29, 2019 12:10 pm

Bear Stearns wrote:
Skarten wrote:

I think he was using sarcasm.

Evil Dictators Happyland
Senator

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Evil Dictators Happyland » Mon Apr 29, 2019 12:10 pm

Skarten wrote:
Evil Dictators Happyland wrote:I read what you wrote, I just don't see how the crimes of the left excuse those of the right. Radical leftism is something that should be dealt with, yes, but if you actively ignore the alt-right because of it, you both defeat the point of beating radial ideologies and give left-wingers more reasons to radicalize.

Because they're not an terrorist group. A bunch of edgy people in the internet is not an terrorist group.

Then what about the people who identify as alt-righters and use alt-right ideology as a justification to commit terrorism? Do they not count just because the majority of the alt-right is morons?
EDIT: Should clarify that I don't mean all of the alt-right is designed for terrorism, but there's no single organization you can point to nor any sub-category I'm aware of that applies, so "alt-righters" is a convenient term. Kind of like how the "radical left" could mean anyone from Che Guevara to Bernie Sanders to Richard Nixon (he did, after all, create the EPA - radical leftism at its finest) according to some right-wingers.
Last edited by Evil Dictators Happyland on Mon Apr 29, 2019 12:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Saiwania
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Jun 30, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby Saiwania » Mon Apr 29, 2019 12:11 pm

The issue I have with the Left is that they're undermining and ruining the civilization our forefathers built. It is the Leftists' fault if they're angering the Right too much. The far right is needed as a counter to the Communists and the Leftists that want change for change's sake.
Sith Acolyte
Peace is a lie, there is only passion. Through passion, I gain strength. Through strength, I gain power. Through power, I gain victory. Through victory, my chains are broken!

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General