NATION

PASSWORD

Alt-right. A terrorist movement in the making?

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

The Black Party
Minister

Founded: Oct 31, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby The Black Party » Mon Apr 29, 2019 12:21 pm

Evil Dictators Happyland wrote:
The Black Party wrote:Tactical Truth Nuke inbound ^

TIL that nobody on the planet has ever called themselves an alt-righter

Tactical Strawman Inbound ^
Don't talk to Moderators.
Don't associate with Moderators.
Don't trust Moderators.
Moderators Lie.
"Revolt Against the Mod World"

Evil Dictators Happyland
Senator

Founded: Aug 03, 2016
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Evil Dictators Happyland » Mon Apr 29, 2019 12:21 pm

Loben wrote:
Page wrote:
Google "stochastic terrorism", it is a deliberate tactic, prolifically used by both the alt-right and Daesh.

You mean isis.

I don't see how this is relevant, but OK

Fedel
Minister

Founded: Mar 08, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Fedel » Mon Apr 29, 2019 12:22 pm

Saiwania wrote:The issue I have with the Left is that they're undermining and ruining the civilization our forefathers built. It is the Leftists' fault if they're angering the Right too much. The far right is needed as a counter to the Communists and the Leftists that want change for change's sake.

Just going to inform you that if you keep making obviously rhetorical posts meant to stir up conflict between people I'll have to take action.

Evil Dictators Happyland
Senator

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Evil Dictators Happyland » Mon Apr 29, 2019 12:22 pm

The Black Party wrote:
Evil Dictators Happyland wrote:TIL that nobody on the planet has ever called themselves an alt-righter

Tactical Strawman Inbound ^

Kragholm Free States wrote:Nobody unironically identifies as "alt-right". It's not an organisation. It's not an ideology. It's a meaningless blanket term generally used for "people I don't like who are somewhere to the right of Lenin". Half the people supposedly on the alt-right explicitly reject the notion that they are alt-right. Anyone politically radical enough to commit a terrorist attack almost certainly has a much firmer and more defined ideological identity than "alt-right".

Yeah, must be one hell of a strawman I just made if I didn't even make it.

The Technocrates
Bureaucrat

Founded: Oct 19, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby The Technocrates » Mon Apr 29, 2019 12:22 pm

Most alt-right will fight those who are weaker than they are, and if the police get involved then they run back like cowards. If they were classified as a domestic terrorist group and treated as such, a terrorist group, they shit themselves before you know it and would start begging for amnesty. If these people want to "change" the government in the most violent way, then they should be treated as most people who commit treason within the nation.
Pro: Humanism, Unity, Order, Massive Government, Science, Technology, Progress, Justice, Enlightenment, Technocracy, Globalism, Development, Education, Automation, Police, and Military

Anti: Inequality, Fascism, Democracy, Plutocracy, Conservatism, Libertarianism, Anarchy, Blissful Ignorance, Deviancy, Hedonism

A 13.4 civilization, according to this index.

Page
Post Marshal

Founded: Jan 12, 2012
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Page » Mon Apr 29, 2019 12:23 pm

Loben wrote:
Page wrote:
Google "stochastic terrorism", it is a deliberate tactic, prolifically used by both the alt-right and Daesh.

You mean isis.

Daesh is the transliterated acronym of ISIS in the Arabic language.
Anarcho-Communist Against: Bolsheviks, Fascists, TERFs, Putin, Autocrats, Conservatives, Ancaps, Bourgeoisie, Bigots, Liberals, Maoists

I don't believe in kink-shaming unless your kink is submitting to the state.

Skarten
Senator

Founded: Dec 08, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Skarten » Mon Apr 29, 2019 12:24 pm

Skarten wrote:
Key word: ORGANIZED

:eyebrow:
There are numerous subgroups within the alt-right that seemingly exist for the purpose of committing terrorist attacks (even if most of them don't ever actually do it), so even if the ideology as a whole isn't an "organization" (rather, an ideology), it does have organizations within it that would qualify. "Alt-right" is a useful umbrella term, and if you've got a problem with umbrella terms that apply to people other than the ones you're talking about, then stop talking about the "radical left" and I'll try to stop, too.

If we're talking about people who just say about how they want to do stuff but not actually do it, then i can get you quite possibly over a hundred leftist "terrorist organizations" who want to, in their own words, kill all men, exterminate white people, extermine christians (Although there hasn't exactly been a shortage of the last one) among others.

Kragholm Free States
Diplomat

Founded: Mar 19, 2017
Capitalist Paradise

Postby Kragholm Free States » Mon Apr 29, 2019 12:24 pm

The Black Party wrote:Tactical Strawman Inbound ^

Kragholm Free States wrote:Nobody unironically identifies as "alt-right". It's not an organisation. It's not an ideology. It's a meaningless blanket term generally used for "people I don't like who are somewhere to the right of Lenin". Half the people supposedly on the alt-right explicitly reject the notion that they are alt-right. Anyone politically radical enough to commit a terrorist attack almost certainly has a much firmer and more defined ideological identity than "alt-right".

"Nobody unironically identifies as alt-right."

"Hurr durr nobody has ever called themselves alt-right."

See the difference? Not only did I specify "unironically", but there's a bit of a vast fucking gulf between calling yourself something and actually making that thing part of your identity.
Formerly New Aerios, Est. 2012.
I don't use NS stats, here's my perpetually WIP factbooks.
Obligatory Political Compass:
Econ: 3.88 (R), Soc: -4.97 (L)
Civil Libertarian, Monarchist, Decentralist, Economic Localist, Englishman.
Old posts not necessarily representative of current views.

Loben
Ambassador

Founded: Sep 27, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Loben » Mon Apr 29, 2019 12:24 pm

Page wrote:
Loben wrote:You mean isis.

I don’t care what some Arabic thesaurus called them.

Page
Post Marshal

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Page » Mon Apr 29, 2019 12:24 pm

The Technocrates wrote:Most alt-right will fight those who are weaker than they are, and if the police get involved then they run back like cowards.

I disagree. When antifascists face them on the streets, the alt-right prays that there are police officers present.
Anarcho-Communist Against: Bolsheviks, Fascists, TERFs, Putin, Autocrats, Conservatives, Ancaps, Bourgeoisie, Bigots, Liberals, Maoists

Loben
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Loben » Mon Apr 29, 2019 12:24 pm

Page wrote:
The Technocrates wrote:Most alt-right will fight those who are weaker than they are, and if the police get involved then they run back like cowards.

I disagree. When antifascists face them on the streets, the alt-right prays that there are police officers present.

Oof.

Skarten
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Skarten » Mon Apr 29, 2019 12:25 pm

The Technocrates wrote:Most alt-right will fight those who are weaker than they are, and if the police get involved then they run back like cowards. If they were classified as a domestic terrorist group and treated as such, a terrorist group, they shit themselves before you know it and would start begging for amnesty. If these people want to "change" the government in the most violent way, then they should be treated as most people who commit treason within the nation.

Holy Straw, Batman!

Page
Post Marshal

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Page » Mon Apr 29, 2019 12:26 pm

Loben wrote:
Page wrote:

But you care what Western media calls them?

Evil Dictators Happyland
Senator

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Evil Dictators Happyland » Mon Apr 29, 2019 12:26 pm

Kragholm Free States wrote:

"Nobody unironically identifies as alt-right."

"Hurr durr nobody has ever called themselves alt-right."

See the difference? Not only did I specify "unironically", but there's a bit of a vast fucking gulf between calling yourself something and actually making that thing part of your identity.

Adding "hurr durr" to the front of my statement doesn't change the fact that it's a valid criticism, and if you'd pull your head out of your ass and stop whining about hyperbole from one side while making it yourself I might take you seriously.

Loben
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Loben » Mon Apr 29, 2019 12:26 pm

Page wrote:
Loben wrote:

Argument wise yes.

The Technocrates
Bureaucrat

Ex-Nation

Postby The Technocrates » Mon Apr 29, 2019 12:27 pm

Page wrote:

what I mean is that when the police are against them, they become scared. If police arrest them or do something because of what they said or did, then they act like the victim and coward.
Pro: Humanism, Unity, Order, Massive Government, Science, Technology, Progress, Justice, Enlightenment, Technocracy, Globalism, Development, Education, Automation, Police, and Military

Anti: Inequality, Fascism, Democracy, Plutocracy, Conservatism, Libertarianism, Anarchy, Blissful Ignorance, Deviancy, Hedonism

Skarten
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Skarten » Mon Apr 29, 2019 12:27 pm

Page wrote:

Ah,yes, the migthy antifascist and their amazing fighting skills, proved by deeds such as beating middle-aged people and attacking cats who look like hitler. Truly an fearsome fighting force!

Page
Post Marshal

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Page » Mon Apr 29, 2019 12:27 pm

Loben wrote:
Page wrote:

Argument wise yes.

What argument? What does what acronym one chooses to use have anything to do with a discussion about their actions as a terrorist organization?

Evil Dictators Happyland
Senator

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Evil Dictators Happyland » Mon Apr 29, 2019 12:27 pm

Loben wrote:
Page wrote:

Argument wise yes.

You're not making an argument though, you're just nitpicking for the sake of nitpicking. "ISIS" and "Daesh" are both valid names for the same organization.

Skarten
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Skarten » Mon Apr 29, 2019 12:28 pm

The Technocrates wrote:
Page wrote:

what I mean is that when the police are against them, they become scared. If police arrest them or do something because of what they said or did, then they act like the victim and coward.

Yeah, that sounds like a pretty big straw man.

The Black Party
Minister

Founded: Oct 31, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby The Black Party » Mon Apr 29, 2019 12:28 pm

Page wrote:

according to me
Don't talk to Moderators.
Don't associate with Moderators.
Don't trust Moderators.
Moderators Lie.
"Revolt Against the Mod World"

Hatterleigh
Ambassador

Founded: Sep 07, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Hatterleigh » Mon Apr 29, 2019 12:28 pm

Page wrote:

The Alt-Right hates the cops, and I don't think they would be afraid of a group that has gotten zero actual kills in 30 years of claiming to kill nazis.
✦ ✦ ✦ The Free Domain of Hatterleigh ✦ ✦ ✦
National News Network: William Botrum entering last days in office - President-elect Rood preparing or term
Overview of Hatterleigh | William Botrum, Hatterleigh's President | Hatterlese Embassy Program | I don't use NS stats.

Evil Dictators Happyland
Senator

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Evil Dictators Happyland » Mon Apr 29, 2019 12:28 pm

Skarten wrote:
The Technocrates wrote:what I mean is that when the police are against them, they become scared. If police arrest them or do something because of what they said or did, then they act like the victim and coward.

To be fair, it actually is. The alt-right has its fair share of cowards, but most of them don't bother to show up in the first place.

The Technocrates
Bureaucrat

Ex-Nation

Postby The Technocrates » Mon Apr 29, 2019 12:29 pm

Skarten wrote:
The Technocrates wrote:what I mean is that when the police are against them, they become scared. If police arrest them or do something because of what they said or did, then they act like the victim and coward.

In what way?

Happsborough
Spokesperson

Founded: Dec 26, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Happsborough » Mon Apr 29, 2019 12:29 pm

-Ocelot- wrote:I stumbled upon this article today: https://www.theglobeandmail.com/canada/ ... s-reveals/

An analysis of 150,000 chat room messages paints a picture of a group that is actively recruiting new members, buying weapons and trying to influence political parties

The article explains how members of the alt-right movement have organized into something most of us would call a terrorist movement if the perpetrators were not white and christian. According to the findings, these people, despite calling themselves an "alternative" right-wing group, appear to be nothing more than young neo-fascists who have adapted into 21st century life and have successfully influenced young people, including children.

My question to NSG is this: Is this the birth of a huge international terrorist movement? Will the world have to crackdown on these people eventually? And what can governments do to stop the resurgence of fascism for good?

My opinion is that the alt-right movement was going to become a terrorism organization eventually. From the very beginning, their beliefs were similar to 20th century fascism. In practice, they are fascists who pretend to be nice and concerned about the world, while leading young, frustrated men into committing terrorist acts. Under different circumstances, people would call them terrorists. To be stopped, governments must treat them like they treat radical Islamists and arrest the ones who play a pivotal role into organizing the whole thing.

Some quotes from the article:

They come from all walks of life: tradesmen, soldiers, a student teacher, a financial analyst, an aspiring lawyer, among others. And they are in every province, in communities large and small. They gather on the internet to strategize and seek pathways into mainstream politics. They are anti-Semitic, anti-immigrant, Islamophobic, sexist and racist. They are young and radicalized. They are the new far right in Canada.

The size of this particular group discussion is modest, at 180 users. But its members do more than simply engage in online talk. They meet in person, spread propaganda and encourage each other to recruit and expand the movement. They purchase weapons and discuss training. They have also attempted to join, influence and volunteer for Canadian political parties, usually adopting a restrained and more palatable guise.

Dank told the online group that he was using his position as a student teacher to influence young minds. He described one classroom scene in which the students were learning about the Second World War and the Holocaust. “In a moment where the actual teacher wasn’t in the room, I casually asked them their thoughts and opinions,” he wrote. The children, he continued, generally saw the Holocaust as “really bad,” but one of them asked why it had happened. Dank asked the young girl, “What was the point of the train cars and the deportations if it was just to kill them all?” He then encouraged the students to look into it on their own if they were curious.

“l’ll play their game and recite what they want to hear,” he said, adding that he was “acing the diversity class because I know all their narratives.”

He encouraged group members to join the reserves in order to benefit from training in firearms and strategy. Several members of the group posted messages indicating they had either done so or were considering it.

A number of current and former Forces members have been tied to the far right in recent years. In 2017, Forces members who also belonged to the anti-feminist, all-male group Proud Boys disrupted an Indigenous-led protest in Halifax. Among the founders of La Meute, the largest far-right group in Quebec, are military veterans. In media interviews, Chief of Defence Staff General Jonathan Vance has admitted that extremism is present in the Forces – and has said he is determined to stamp it out.

You seem to not know what terrorism is. Yes there are some radical alt-right groups but most are just trolls/shitposters or strongly opinionated people who are otherwise normal. Yes there are violent ones but you can't seriously try to tell me that there are no violent/extremist leftists (AntiFa, for one) and you definitely can't tell me there haven't ever been leftist terrorists (French Revolutionaries, basiclaly any communist movement, etc.)
Agree:
Constitutional/Parliamentary Monarchy, Nationalism, Radical Centrism

Disagree:
Radical Feminism, Communism, Free Market Capitalism, Extreme Nationalism, Closed Borders, Open Borders, Partisanism/Tribalism

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General