NATION

PASSWORD

Alt-right. A terrorist movement in the making?

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

Robosia
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Aug 27, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Robosia » Mon Apr 29, 2019 11:24 am

Is the modern alt-right a terror group? Nope. They’re a bunch of edge people on the internet saying Muslims are evil. Occasionally one of them goes and kills someone, but they weren’t ordered to do that by the Alt-right. There isn’t even one single organization called the alt-right.

However, could there potentially be large alt-right terror groups in the future that could pose a credible threat to society? Definitely. With all these recent racially motivated mass killings, it’s only a matter of time before these wackos start to form something. This doesn’t mean that we should lock up and behead everyone who calls themselves a fascist, but we should definitely keep an eye on alt-right online chatrooms.

And now, since some people have started talking about this, Antifa definitely is a terror group, or I suppose a collective of terror groups, since like the alt-right there’s a bunch of them. You cannot go around beating people up for their political views and say you aren’t a terrorist. That’s essentially what the late IRA did, but with less explosions. America needs to act before its two political poles turn into homegrown paramilitaries.
Some people design their sigs as a work of art, with links and colors and complex coding. To which I say...

ACN - Antarctica Continental News | British cargo ship sinks just off Ellsworth coast, water tastes like tea for three days | 10 timber wolves brought into Sanctum City zoo.

Rezmaeristan
Envoy

Founded: Nov 19, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Rezmaeristan » Mon Apr 29, 2019 11:25 am

I said at the beginning that the alt-right is currently just several deranged individuals, but if things get worse we could see more organized terrorism. What do I mean by worse?

Well, by worse I mean if white people, particularly young white men, feel they're faced with a world where they're being replaced and have no future. There's already a few who do, but the best(and probably the most difficult, sadly) way to stop this threat would be to prevent this sentiment from spreading.

I think immigration reduction would certainly help with this, as well as maybe less "white man bad" in the mainstream media. Unfortunately I don't think we'll really be seeing either of those, so what do you think we should do?

(I know some of you probably already want to tell me the mainstream media isn't doing any "white man bad" and that it's just a persecution complex)
Pro:Cultural Nationalism, Traditionalism, Workers' Rights, Fascism, Legal Equality, Limited Immigration, Environment
Anti:Capitalism, Communism, Globalism, Progressivism, Mass Immigration, Imperialism, Equality of Outcome,
Rezmaeristan mostly represents my views, but in some ways represents stereotypes of fascist countries.
A South-Central Asian national syndicalist elected monarchy, isolated by mountains and deserts.
✠ (Put this in your Signature if you are a Fascist Nation!)
"Neither left, nor right, nor even center" - Official position of the Mouvement Populaire de la Revolution

I'm a proud member of the Dark Light Family
Forum posts are non-canon if they conflict with the Factbook.
Accidental policies: No Sports

The Black Forrest
Khan of Spam

Founded: Antiquity
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby The Black Forrest » Mon Apr 29, 2019 11:25 am

Well?

Poway Synagogue: White supremacist
Christchurch Mosque: White supremacist
Tree of Life Synagogue: White supremacist
Mother Emanuel AME Chruch: White supremacist.
Oak Creek Sikh Temple: White supremacist.
Islamic Center of Quebeck City: White supremacist.
*I am a master proofreader after I click Submit.
* There is actually a War on Christmas. But Christmas started it, with it's unparalleled aggression against the Thanksgiving Holiday, and now Christmas has seized much Lebensraum in November, and are pushing into October. The rest of us seek to repel these invaders, and push them back to the status quo ante bellum Black Friday border. -Trotskylvania
* Silence Is Golden But Duct Tape Is Silver.
* I felt like Ayn Rand cornered me at a party, and three minutes in I found my first objection to what she was saying, but she kept talking without interruption for ten more days. - Max Barry talking about Atlas Shrugged

The Derpy Democratic Republic Of Herp
Post Czar

Founded: Dec 18, 2013
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby The Derpy Democratic Republic Of Herp » Mon Apr 29, 2019 11:25 am

Robosia wrote:Is the modern alt-right a terror group? Nope. They’re a bunch of edge people on the internet saying Muslims are evil. Occasionally one of them goes and kills someone, but they weren’t ordered to do that by the Alt-right. There isn’t even one single organization called the alt-right.

However, could there potentially be large alt-right terror groups in the future that could pose a credible threat to society? Definitely. With all these recent racially motivated mass killings, it’s only a matter of time before these wackos start to form something. This doesn’t mean that we should lock up and behead everyone who calls themselves a fascist, but we should definitely keep an eye on alt-right online chatrooms.

And now, since some people have started talking about this, Antifa definitely is a terror group, or I suppose a collective of terror groups, since like the alt-right there’s a bunch of them. You cannot go around beating people up for their political views and say you aren’t a terrorist. That’s essentially what the late IRA did, but with less explosions. America needs to act before its two political poles turn into homegrown paramilitaries.

Indeed, shit needs to go to the center, now.

Khataiy
Minister

Founded: Apr 22, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Khataiy » Mon Apr 29, 2019 11:25 am

Loben wrote:
Khataiy wrote:Yang is who they are backing now

A bit odd considering his background.

Maybe the alt right just wants neetbux.

Ive seen their circles praising and embrasing him

Purgatio
Negotiator

Founded: May 18, 2018
Corporate Police State

Postby Purgatio » Mon Apr 29, 2019 11:26 am

Nothing about the alt-right movement inherently advocates for political violence, the alt-right simply refers to an ideological movement that wishes to advocate for a myriad of certain immigration policies and support for the Trump administration. If ANTIFA doesn't render the entire far-left a 'terrorist movement in the making', I don't see why far-right terrorist attacks renders the alt-right a terrorist movement.
Purgatio is an absolutist hereditary monarchy run as a one-party fascist dictatorship, which seized power in a sudden and abrupt coup d'état of 1987-1988, on an authoritarian eugenic and socially Darwinistic political philosophy and ideology, now ruled and dominated with a brutal iron fist under the watchful reign of Le Grand Roi Chalon-Arlay de la Fayette and La Grande Reine Geneviève de la Fayette (née Aumont) (i.e., the 'Founding Couple' or Le Couple Fondateur).

For a domestic Purgation 'propagandist' view of its role in the world, see: An Introduction to Purgatio.

And for a more 'objective' international perspective on Purgatio's history, culture, and politics, see: A Brief Overview of the History, Politics, and Culture of Le Royaume du Nettoyage de la Purgatio.

Post Czar

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby The Derpy Democratic Republic Of Herp » Mon Apr 29, 2019 11:26 am

The Black Forrest wrote:Well?

"OnLY OnE Or TWO CAsES Of MurDER Da ReaL EmAME Is ANfTa GuyZZZ!?!"

Skarten
Senator

Founded: Dec 08, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Skarten » Mon Apr 29, 2019 11:26 am

The Derpy Democratic Republic Of Herp wrote:
Skarten wrote:
HA
HA
HA

No, but really? Do you really believe that the alt-right is doing the most here? And even more so, do you really think that the only bad thing a group can do is murder? That's it? Have you never considered that, you know, there's a thing called "Passing laws" that can damage millions?

Off topic post is off topic.

It's not off topic. Just saying it's off topic doesn't make it off topic, you know that? You're talking about how because there's been some recent attacks, suddenly leftists are just this peaceful people that throw oil at people to protest while right wingers are this dangerous terrorist movement on the rise.

Loben
Ambassador

Founded: Sep 27, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Loben » Mon Apr 29, 2019 11:27 am

We get it, you sympathize with anarchshits.

The Unitary American States
Civilian

Founded: Apr 29, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby The Unitary American States » Mon Apr 29, 2019 11:28 am

Is just wanting to exist really a political movement now?Is it crazy for a white person to want his people to thrive?

Fedel
Minister

Founded: Mar 08, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Fedel » Mon Apr 29, 2019 11:29 am

-Ocelot- wrote:To be stopped, governments must treat them like they treat radical Islamists and arrest the ones who play a pivotal role into organizing the whole thing.

It's scary that people like you don't realize statements like this are what's tearing this country apart.
Last edited by Fedel on Mon Apr 29, 2019 11:30 am, edited 2 times in total.

Khataiy
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Khataiy » Mon Apr 29, 2019 11:29 am

The Unitary American States wrote:Is just wanting to exist really a political movement now?Is it crazy for a white person to want his people to thrive?

Ends justify the means.

Skarten
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Skarten » Mon Apr 29, 2019 11:29 am

Aight let's see the biggest terrorist attacks of 2019 until now

I feel like i could mention the number of, let's say, islamist attacks, but you're probably going to call that whataboutism too.
Last edited by Skarten on Mon Apr 29, 2019 11:30 am, edited 1 time in total.

Robosia
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Aug 27, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Robosia » Mon Apr 29, 2019 11:29 am

Could you maybe stop that? It’s rude, annoying, and you’ve said the same thing several times. You’re also leading me and everyone else to believe that you’re an Antifa member or at least a sympathizer.
Some people design their sigs as a work of art, with links and colors and complex coding. To which I say...

ACN - Antarctica Continental News | British cargo ship sinks just off Ellsworth coast, water tastes like tea for three days | 10 timber wolves brought into Sanctum City zoo.

Post Czar

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby The Derpy Democratic Republic Of Herp » Mon Apr 29, 2019 11:31 am

Skarten wrote:

Off topic post is off topic.

It's not off topic. Just saying it's off topic doesn't make it off topic, you know that? You're talking about how because there's been some recent attacks, suddenly leftists are just this peaceful people that throw oil at people to protest while right wingers are this dangerous terrorist movement on the rise.

Read OP plz

-Ocelot- wrote:I stumbled upon this article today: https://www.theglobeandmail.com/canada/ ... s-reveals/

An analysis of 150,000 chat room messages paints a picture of a group that is actively recruiting new members, buying weapons and trying to influence political parties

The article explains how members of the alt-right movement have organized into something most of us would call a terrorist movement if the perpetrators were not white and christian. According to the findings, these people, despite calling themselves an "alternative" right-wing group, appear to be nothing more than young neo-fascists who have adapted into 21st century life and have successfully influenced young people, including children.

My question to NSG is this: Is this the birth of a huge international terrorist movement? Will the world have to crackdown on these people eventually? And what can governments do to stop the resurgence of fascism for good?

My opinion is that the alt-right movement was going to become a terrorism organization eventually. From the very beginning, their beliefs were similar to 20th century fascism. In practice, they are fascists who pretend to be nice and concerned about the world, while leading young, frustrated men into committing terrorist acts. Under different circumstances, people would call them terrorists. To be stopped, governments must treat them like they treat radical Islamists and arrest the ones who play a pivotal role into organizing the whole thing.

Some quotes from the article:

They come from all walks of life: tradesmen, soldiers, a student teacher, a financial analyst, an aspiring lawyer, among others. And they are in every province, in communities large and small. They gather on the internet to strategize and seek pathways into mainstream politics. They are anti-Semitic, anti-immigrant, Islamophobic, sexist and racist. They are young and radicalized. They are the new far right in Canada.

The size of this particular group discussion is modest, at 180 users. But its members do more than simply engage in online talk. They meet in person, spread propaganda and encourage each other to recruit and expand the movement. They purchase weapons and discuss training. They have also attempted to join, influence and volunteer for Canadian political parties, usually adopting a restrained and more palatable guise.

Dank told the online group that he was using his position as a student teacher to influence young minds. He described one classroom scene in which the students were learning about the Second World War and the Holocaust. “In a moment where the actual teacher wasn’t in the room, I casually asked them their thoughts and opinions,” he wrote. The children, he continued, generally saw the Holocaust as “really bad,” but one of them asked why it had happened. Dank asked the young girl, “What was the point of the train cars and the deportations if it was just to kill them all?” He then encouraged the students to look into it on their own if they were curious.

“l’ll play their game and recite what they want to hear,” he said, adding that he was “acing the diversity class because I know all their narratives.”

He encouraged group members to join the reserves in order to benefit from training in firearms and strategy. Several members of the group posted messages indicating they had either done so or were considering it.

A number of current and former Forces members have been tied to the far right in recent years. In 2017, Forces members who also belonged to the anti-feminist, all-male group Proud Boys disrupted an Indigenous-led protest in Halifax. Among the founders of La Meute, the largest far-right group in Quebec, are military veterans. In media interviews, Chief of Defence Staff General Jonathan Vance has admitted that extremism is present in the Forces – and has said he is determined to stamp it out.

Here i'll do it for you:

The op says nothing about the left making bad laws and says a lot on the Alt right being shit stains.

Skarten
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Skarten » Mon Apr 29, 2019 11:31 am

Loben wrote:
The Derpy Democratic Republic Of Herp wrote:"OnLY OnE Or TWO CAsES Of MurDER Da ReaL EmAME Is ANfTa GuyZZZ!?!"

Did you forget fren? All white right wingers are evil conservative christians supremacists
Last edited by Skarten on Mon Apr 29, 2019 11:31 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post Czar

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby The Derpy Democratic Republic Of Herp » Mon Apr 29, 2019 11:31 am

Loben wrote:
The Derpy Democratic Republic Of Herp wrote:"OnLY OnE Or TWO CAsES Of MurDER Da ReaL EmAME Is ANfTa GuyZZZ!?!"

No I don't, I'm making fun of some of the """logic"" that has been on this thread.

The Unitary American States wrote:Is just wanting to exist really a political movement now?Is it crazy for a white person to want his people to thrive?

You don't need to shoot random people to "thrive".

Khataiy
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Khataiy » Mon Apr 29, 2019 11:31 am

Fedel wrote:
-Ocelot- wrote:To be stopped, governments must treat them like they treat radical Islamists and arrest the ones who play a pivotal role into organizing the whole thing.

It's scary that people like you don't realize statements like this are what's tearing this country apart.

In France and the UK if a girl wears a hijab to school she is to be reported and in China she is to be re-educated and imprisoned, but a Neo-Nazi on the internet is told he is a nerd that is incapable of doing anything and should be left alone to rot, how is this fair?

Loben
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Loben » Mon Apr 29, 2019 11:31 am

Only in the “let’s remove everyone else” sense.

The Black Forrest
Khan of Spam

Founded: Antiquity
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby The Black Forrest » Mon Apr 29, 2019 11:32 am

Don't do that.
*I am a master proofreader after I click Submit.
* There is actually a War on Christmas. But Christmas started it, with it's unparalleled aggression against the Thanksgiving Holiday, and now Christmas has seized much Lebensraum in November, and are pushing into October. The rest of us seek to repel these invaders, and push them back to the status quo ante bellum Black Friday border. -Trotskylvania
* Silence Is Golden But Duct Tape Is Silver.
* I felt like Ayn Rand cornered me at a party, and three minutes in I found my first objection to what she was saying, but she kept talking without interruption for ten more days. - Max Barry talking about Atlas Shrugged

The Galactic Liberal Democracy
Minister

Founded: Jun 13, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby The Galactic Liberal Democracy » Mon Apr 29, 2019 11:32 am

They aren’t a terrorist organization yet, just an extremist one like antifa. A significant number of them are terrorists but it is not explicitly for that purpose. It certainly should be treated carefully and we should start preparing for alt right terror attacks. They’ve been doing more than many other extremist organizations though.
NOT STORMTROOPERS
Cossack Khanate wrote:This shall forever be known as World War Sh*t: Newark Aggression. Now if I see one more troop deployed, I will call on the force of all the Hindu gods to reverse time and wipe your race of the face of the planet. Cease.

The Black Party wrote:(TBP kamikaze's into all 99999999999 nukes before they hit our territory because we just have that many pilots ready to die for dah blak regime, we also counter-attack into your nation with our entire population of 45 million because this RP allows it.)

El-Amin Caliphate wrote:Galatic Liberal Democracy short-circuits all of NS with FACTS and LOGIC

Skarten
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Skarten » Mon Apr 29, 2019 11:32 am

Skarten wrote:

Read OP plz

-Ocelot- wrote:I stumbled upon this article today: https://www.theglobeandmail.com/canada/ ... s-reveals/

The article explains how members of the alt-right movement have organized into something most of us would call a terrorist movement if the perpetrators were not white and christian. According to the findings, these people, despite calling themselves an "alternative" right-wing group, appear to be nothing more than young neo-fascists who have adapted into 21st century life and have successfully influenced young people, including children.

My question to NSG is this: Is this the birth of a huge international terrorist movement? Will the world have to crackdown on these people eventually? And what can governments do to stop the resurgence of fascism for good?

My opinion is that the alt-right movement was going to become a terrorism organization eventually. From the very beginning, their beliefs were similar to 20th century fascism. In practice, they are fascists who pretend to be nice and concerned about the world, while leading young, frustrated men into committing terrorist acts. Under different circumstances, people would call them terrorists. To be stopped, governments must treat them like they treat radical Islamists and arrest the ones who play a pivotal role into organizing the whole thing.

Some quotes from the article:

Here i'll do it for you:

The op says nothing about the left making bad laws and says a lot on the Alt right being shit stains.

And i'm saying that this was bound to happen because of the batshit insane laws the left has passed/tried to pass/is trying to pass. Not that they're correct. Is it that hard to understand that?

Loben
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Loben » Mon Apr 29, 2019 11:33 am

Loben wrote:We get it, you sympathize with anarchshits.

No I don't, I'm making fun of some of the """logic"" that has been on this thread.

By typing as if you have Parkinson’s?

Purgatio
Negotiator

Founded: May 18, 2018
Corporate Police State

Postby Purgatio » Mon Apr 29, 2019 11:33 am

Khataiy wrote:
Fedel wrote:

In France and the UK if a girl wears a hijab to school she is to be reported and in China she is to be re-educated and imprisoned, but a Neo-Nazi on the internet is told he is a nerd that is incapable of doing anything and should be left alone to rot, how is this fair?

Yeah, no, the reason hijab bans are in place in some European countries is to preserve the secularity and religious-neutrality of public spaces, not because people think hijab-wearers = terrorists.
Purgatio is an absolutist hereditary monarchy run as a one-party fascist dictatorship, which seized power in a sudden and abrupt coup d'état of 1987-1988, on an authoritarian eugenic and socially Darwinistic political philosophy and ideology, now ruled and dominated with a brutal iron fist under the watchful reign of Le Grand Roi Chalon-Arlay de la Fayette and La Grande Reine Geneviève de la Fayette (née Aumont) (i.e., the 'Founding Couple' or Le Couple Fondateur).

For a domestic Purgation 'propagandist' view of its role in the world, see: An Introduction to Purgatio.

And for a more 'objective' international perspective on Purgatio's history, culture, and politics, see: A Brief Overview of the History, Politics, and Culture of Le Royaume du Nettoyage de la Purgatio.

Dagnia
Senator

Founded: Jul 27, 2004
Ex-Nation

Postby Dagnia » Mon Apr 29, 2019 11:33 am

The "alt-right" is a media/academia invention to explain away popular movements of people who feel disenfranchised (but through their intersectional lens shouldn't feel that way no matter how broke they are) and to lump good people who might make real changes with the likes of David Duke. I've heard it applied to everyone from libertarians like Ben Shapiro, who have the same slavish devotion to Israel as any typical neocon, advocates of free speech and personal responsibility like Jordan Peterson, and anyone who doesn't think giving a 6 year old a sex change is a good idea to actual racists and fascists like Richard Spencer, and can even include groups with a more left-wing populist bent, like the Gilets Jaunes.

Evil Dictators Happyland wrote:
Skarten wrote:If we're being honest here, as much as i disagree with most of what these people say, the modern left kinda brought this upon themselves in the way they've been acting.

*ding ding ding ding* And we have our first "but the left is just as bad because ANTIFA!" poster. Don't worry, there will be more, and definitely don't ask them to explain why antifa is just as bad, because they won't.

Probably because it's the truth. The alleged "alt-right" has had people tangentially connected to some vaguely right-wing group who have done violence and then were labelled as alt-right after the fact. Antifa uses violence and bully tactics to shut down anyone they don't like. A simple search of "antifa throws bomb" on your preferred search engine turns up all the results you need to educate yourself on this, but you can continue building straw men if you like.
Wait an hour, and it will be now again

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General