NATION

PASSWORD

China's list of 48 extremist tendencies

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

Petrolheadia
Postmaster-General

Founded: May 02, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Petrolheadia » Mon Apr 29, 2019 1:48 am

Duhon wrote:
El-Amin Caliphate wrote:Wait what??? :blink:

It is a fact that I have nothing but the deepest loathing for authoritarians, the shit they pull, the people they leave for dead, the societies they wreck, the mentalities they twist into acquiescence, the intelligences they silence, just so their narrow vision of peace and order at the cost of everything else is put in place...

...yes.

Because we all know that disorder is helpful to societies...
Capitalism, single-payer healthcare, pro-choice, LGBT rights, progressive personal taxation, low corporate tax, pro-business law, welfare for those in need.
Nazism, edgism, dogmatic statements, most of Abrahamic-derived morality (esp. as law), welfare for those not in need.
We are not Albania and I am not Albanian, FFS!
Male, gearhead, classic rock fan, gamer, agnostic.
Not sure if left-libertarian, ex-libertarian or without a damn clue.
Where you can talk about cars!
"They're always saying I'm a Capitalist pig. I suppose I am, but, ah...it ah...it's good for my drumming, I think." - Keith Moon,
If a Porsche owner treats it like a bicycle, he's a gentleman. And if he prays to it, he's simply a moron. - Jan Nowicki.

Sanctum and Ultima
Spokesperson

Founded: Mar 31, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Sanctum and Ultima » Mon Apr 29, 2019 1:48 am

Petrolheadia wrote:
Sanctum and Ultima wrote:what the heck? It's saddening and maddening that the top 3 nations by population are anti-Muslim to their core.

They're also developing well, while Islamic countries are often plagued by relicgious violence.

Islam is not a force for the good.

Tell that to the people killed by the Cultural Revolution, to the people living in the Indian slums and to the people who died in the Trail of Tears.
Muslims didn't do a genocide during their conquest of Mecca from the Quraish tribe. True story. If you guys did that, probably you'd genocide them.
This nation actually does not really represent my OOC/IRL views.
9axes: https://9axes.github.io/results.html?a= ... &h=85&i=23
RIP NOTRE DAME
Inner Lands wrote:One men, multiplied by two, divided in four, and obligated to live in eight realms each part of it.

Corrupt Dictator Doges wrote:The former USSR, but with food
United Realms of Sanctum and Ultima
Sæþvir Činovidatăriþ Qahtașăr uc Vilyraðe
A nation set in a world where nations compete for a territory in space...
Now, after getting lots of territory in outer space, our nation was thrown into disarray due to technocrats and commies.
Q&A
PMT nations are the best (change my mind)

Nyoronet
Diplomat

Founded: Jun 03, 2011
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Nyoronet » Mon Apr 29, 2019 1:49 am

a
Last edited by Nyoronet on Sat Jun 19, 2021 7:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Purpelia
Post Czar

Founded: Oct 19, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Purpelia » Mon Apr 29, 2019 1:50 am

Nyoronet wrote:Okay but hear me out; Why would they write that list in english?

For the same reason why it would be published in a western newspaper. Seriously, this is propaganda at its finest.
Purpelia does not reflect my actual world views. In fact, the vast majority of Purpelian cannon is meant to shock and thus deliberately insane. I just like playing with the idea of a country of madmen utterly convinced that everyone else are the barbarians. So play along or not but don't ever think it's for real.

The above post contains hyperbole, metaphoric language, embellishment and exaggeration. It may also include badly translated figures of speech and misused idioms. Analyze accordingly.

Petrolheadia
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Petrolheadia » Mon Apr 29, 2019 1:50 am

Sanctum and Ultima wrote:
Petrolheadia wrote:They're also developing well, while Islamic countries are often plagued by relicgious violence.

Tell that to the people killed by the Cultural Revolution, to the people living in the Indian slums and to the people who died in the Trail of Tears.
Muslims didn't do a genocide during their conquest of Mecca from the Quraish tribe. True story. If you guys did that, probably you'd genocide them.

Could anybody remind me when these events happened, and if they are supported by the state?

Also, if we're talking about the athrocities, let me repeat the 9th and the 19th letter of the English alphabet twice.
Capitalism, single-payer healthcare, pro-choice, LGBT rights, progressive personal taxation, low corporate tax, pro-business law, welfare for those in need.
Nazism, edgism, dogmatic statements, most of Abrahamic-derived morality (esp. as law), welfare for those not in need.
"They're always saying I'm a Capitalist pig. I suppose I am, but, ah...it ah...it's good for my drumming, I think." - Keith Moon,
If a Porsche owner treats it like a bicycle, he's a gentleman. And if he prays to it, he's simply a moron. - Jan Nowicki.

Western Vale Confederacy
Powerbroker

Founded: Nov 09, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Western Vale Confederacy » Mon Apr 29, 2019 1:52 am

Scomagia wrote:
Duhon wrote:
At least with that you can choose not to eat or go frolicking. Here, not doing either marks you as an outcast, fit only for liquidation.

How people get to want this on others, let alone themselves... it's too terrifying to contemplate at length.

Those comfortable with oppression like this rarely imagine it's their face under the boot.

In the end, I think this is going to backfire on China. Oppressing people this hard is a bad idea, especially Muslims in the era of global Jihadism. I think an ISIS style insurgency of Uyghur and foreign Muslims, possibly with the support of foreign states, is a very likely result of the policies in Xinjiang.

*sips coffee*

Aaa, the "Authoritarianism = Ultra-Nazis" meme, such a classic, yet so...pathetic.

Astoriya
Diplomat

Founded: Oct 04, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Astoriya » Mon Apr 29, 2019 1:54 am

Petrolheadia wrote:They're also developing well, while Islamic countries are often plagued by religious violence.

[citation needed]

For ones not plagued by religious violence, look no further than Oman, Malaysia, Brunei, the Maldives, Comoros, and... that's as far as I can remember.

Sanctum and Ultima wrote:what the heck? It's saddening and maddening that the top 3 nations by population are anti-Muslim to their core.

I'm not too sure whether India & America are "anti-Muslim to their core".

Sanctum and Ultima
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Sanctum and Ultima » Mon Apr 29, 2019 1:54 am

Petrolheadia wrote:
Sanctum and Ultima wrote:Tell that to the people killed by the Cultural Revolution, to the people living in the Indian slums and to the people who died in the Trail of Tears.

Could anybody remind me when these events happened, and if they are supported by the state?

Also, if we're talking about the athrocities, let me repeat the 9th and the 19th letter of the English alphabet twice.

The conquest of Mecca was done by Prophet Muhammad (PBUH) and ISIS? You think that one wack organization universally hated by literally everyone, even Muslims, does represent Islam? Blyat please, your atrocious spelling just screams "underage". Don't worry son, you'll grow out of it.
RIP NOTRE DAME
Inner Lands wrote:One men, multiplied by two, divided in four, and obligated to live in eight realms each part of it.

Now, after getting lots of territory in outer space, our nation was thrown into disarray due to technocrats and commies.
Q&A

Scomagia
Post Marshal

Founded: Apr 14, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Scomagia » Mon Apr 29, 2019 1:54 am

Astoriya wrote:The only other article where this story is found.

As the story seems to be relatively thin on the ice, it raises some more questions...

A lot of the items on the list, including beards, are mentioned here, too: https://usun.state.gov/remarks/8698
Insert trite farewell here

The Grims
Ambassador

Founded: Antiquity
Ex-Nation

Postby The Grims » Mon Apr 29, 2019 2:06 am

Petrolheadia wrote:They're also developing well, while Islamic countries are often plagued by relicgious violence.

So where are the Meccans now ?

Duhon
Senator

Founded: Nov 21, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Duhon » Mon Apr 29, 2019 2:09 am

Petrolheadia wrote:
Duhon wrote:
It is a fact that I have nothing but the deepest loathing for authoritarians, the shit they pull, the people they leave for dead, the societies they wreck, the mentalities they twist into acquiescence, the intelligences they silence, just so their narrow vision of peace and order at the cost of everything else is put in place...

...yes.

Because we all know that disorder is helpful to societies...

Had the Chinese leadership not seen the slightest titter of Uyghur protest (or, hell, Uyghur difference) as a sign of impending rebellion, and instead worked to pacify the populace through means other than those it uaes now, Xinjiang's ethnics (or Tibet's ethnics for that matter) would be a lot more reconciled with Chinese rule, and there would be no need to spens what must be billions in an effort to neutralize Xinjiang as a breakaway threat.

Sanctum and Ultima
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Sanctum and Ultima » Mon Apr 29, 2019 2:15 am

The Grims wrote:
Sanctum and Ultima wrote:Tell that to the people killed by the Cultural Revolution, to the people living in the Indian slums and to the people who died in the Trail of Tears.

Those ancient Meccans? Converted to Islam
RIP NOTRE DAME

Q&A

GrarG
Attaché

Founded: Apr 19, 2006
Ex-Nation

Postby GrarG » Mon Apr 29, 2019 2:25 am

These rules exist for one purpose alone; to justify and facilitate the imprisonment and ultimately the deprogramming of the Muhammadans within the restive Xinjiang region. This grand experiment that the Chinese government has embarked on is a far more humane solution than the one proposed by Western far-right groups, which include either the deportation or outright extermination of Muhammadans with their societies.

As such we non-Muhammadans should watch with a purely objective eye to see if the result of the policy justifies the obvious and troubling human rights violations and the not inconsiderable financial costs. In the long run, removing Islam from their society may well be the best thing for the Uyghur people, though the key question remains whether or not it is even possible.

Because this cause is just and good, not only for the stability and peace of the Chinese state, but also for the souls of the Muhammadans themselves, then the list itself is also a good thing. That said, the use of such lists is usually expanded within totalitarian regimes to include less 'spiritually' but more 'politically' difficult groups so, finger's crossed that doesn't happen soon.
Earth is hurtling at full speed towards total ecosystem collapse and, with it, the end of all life on this planet.

All other issues are utterly irrelevant in the face of this fact.

Petrolheadia
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Petrolheadia » Mon Apr 29, 2019 2:25 am

The Grims wrote:

Those ancient Meccans? Converted to Islam

So I guess it's OK to deislamize the Chinese.

Duhon
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Duhon » Mon Apr 29, 2019 2:25 am

Scomagia wrote:
Duhon wrote:
At least with that you can choose not to eat or go frolicking. Here, not doing either marks you as an outcast, fit only for liquidation.

How people get to want this on others, let alone themselves... it's too terrifying to contemplate at length.

Those comfortable with oppression like this rarely imagine it's their face under the boot.

In the end, I think this is going to backfire on China. Oppressing people this hard is a bad idea, especially Muslims in the era of global Jihadism. I think an ISIS style insurgency of Uyghur and foreign Muslims, possibly with the support of foreign states, is a very likely result of the policies in Xinjiang.

Given how closely monitored the typical Uyghur is, I doubt an insurgency is going to happen now, let alone one instigated by -- god forbid -- fucking ISIS.

Sanctum and Ultima
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Sanctum and Ultima » Mon Apr 29, 2019 2:27 am

Petrolheadia wrote:
Sanctum and Ultima wrote:Those ancient Meccans? Converted to Islam

So I guess it's OK to deislamize the Chinese.

Through no coercion, son. Also, study for your exam on addition and subtraction before messing around in NSG!
RIP NOTRE DAME

Q&A

Petrolheadia
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Petrolheadia » Mon Apr 29, 2019 2:27 am

Petrolheadia wrote:Could anybody remind me when these events happened, and if they are supported by the state?

The conquest of Mecca was done by Prophet Muhammad (PBUH) and ISIS? You think that one wack organization universally hated by literally everyone, even Muslims, does represent Islam? Blyat please, your atrocious spelling just screams "underage". Don't worry son, you'll grow out of it.

And I guess Americans love the Trail of Tears, Indians love slums and the Chinese like hardcore Maoism?

What's wrong with my spelling.

Skyhooked
Senator

Founded: Mar 18, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Skyhooked » Mon Apr 29, 2019 2:32 am

Many of those tendencies fit me. (Not all, cuz I ain't islamic sort. Allah ain't my god.) Besides, I am sorta anarchist, so hush, hush, hush chinese maoist communists, here comes the boogeyman!

Now, seriously, totalitarian way has many risks. Condemnation, possible justified rebellions, and wasting lots of valuable resources on enforing many rules. Corruption is inevitable too. Only those caught will be killed. They should have done that more... peacefully? With bread and circuses, filled with propaganda.
Last edited by Skyhooked on Mon Apr 29, 2019 2:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
Skyhooked is MT/PMT with a few FT elements. Military is factbook only. NS stats are mostly non canon.
If you wanna know more about this haven of sin: https://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=418281&start=1

Our country offers: Alcohol, guns, cigars, weed, gambling, beaches and tons of souvenirs. And our current special: PL-74 Plasma rifle 25% discount!

Refreshing News:
Skyhooked is at war with Octavia, still holding agaisnt endless hordes of robots, vampires and traitors of humanity!/Global Defense Council was formed to help Earth hold agaisnt invasion./Luckily, we survived long enough and forces of Mandate of Humanity have arrived. (https://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=484352)

Sanctum and Ultima
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Sanctum and Ultima » Mon Apr 29, 2019 2:34 am

Skyhooked wrote:Many of those tendencies fit me. (Not all, cuz I ain't islamic sort. Allah ain't my god.) Besides, I am sorta anarchist, so hush, hush, hush chinese maoist communists, here comes the boogeyman!

Fun Fact: The "eating before breakfast" thing was referencing to Muslims eating before dawn before fasting.
RIP NOTRE DAME

Q&A

Duhon
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Duhon » Mon Apr 29, 2019 2:40 am

Skyhooked wrote:Many of those tendencies fit me. (Not all, cuz I ain't islamic sort. Allah ain't my god.) Besides, I am sorta anarchist, so hush, hush, hush chinese maoist communists, here comes the boogeyman!

Now, seriously, totalitarian way has many risks. Condemnation, possible justified rebellions, and wasting lots of valuable resources on enforing many rules. Corruption is inevitable too. Only those caught will be killed. They should have done that more... peacefully? With bread and circuses, filled with propaganda.

This is peaceful, mind. A life-lived-in-graveyard peaceful, but still.

Mystic Warriors
Minister

Founded: May 10, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Mystic Warriors » Mon Apr 29, 2019 3:11 am

Some are beyond moronic and are fear based, a few I get.
Last edited by Mystic Warriors on Mon Apr 29, 2019 3:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
Proud Trump Hater. Ban Fascism in all its forms. Disagreeing with a comment because you hate who said it is childish.

Astoriya
Diplomat

Founded: Oct 04, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Astoriya » Mon Apr 29, 2019 3:21 am

Mystic Warriors wrote:Some are beyond moronic and are fear based, a few I get.

Like what, if I may ask ?

Mystic Warriors
Minister

Founded: May 10, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Mystic Warriors » Mon Apr 29, 2019 3:23 am

Astoriya wrote:
Mystic Warriors wrote:Some are beyond moronic and are fear based, a few I get.

Like what, if I may ask ?

The ones about religion, I understand the fear. Just not compatible.
Proud Trump Hater. Ban Fascism in all its forms. Disagreeing with a comment because you hate who said it is childish.

An Alan Smithee Nation
Powerbroker

Founded: Apr 18, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby An Alan Smithee Nation » Mon Apr 29, 2019 3:31 am

If only we in the West had done more to tackle the welding menace.
Everything is intertwinkled

Purpelia
Post Czar

Founded: Oct 19, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Purpelia » Mon Apr 29, 2019 4:05 am

I don't really see why people are seriously thinking an Islamic insurgency is going to take root in China. It's not like China lacks the means or will to just exterminate any such movement to the last fighter, supporter, relative, ideological ally, student that think's they are not bad but just misunderstood, baby berthed by such people and their pets. Something the west could frankly stand to learn from.
Purpelia does not reflect my actual world views. In fact, the vast majority of Purpelian cannon is meant to shock and thus deliberately insane. I just like playing with the idea of a country of madmen utterly convinced that everyone else are the barbarians. So play along or not but don't ever think it's for real.

The above post contains hyperbole, metaphoric language, embellishment and exaggeration. It may also include badly translated figures of speech and misused idioms. Analyze accordingly.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General