NATION

PASSWORD

Hundreds quarantined for measles in 2 CA universities.

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

User avatar
Galloism
Khan of Spam
 
Posts: 61034
Founded: Aug 20, 2005
Father Knows Best State

Postby Galloism » Tue May 14, 2019 10:40 pm

The Black Forrest wrote:
Galloism wrote:Well, we do need to guard the shit out of it.

(I'm immune to smallpox, but I'm old.)


When did you get the vaccine? Work in areas where it was still an issue at the time?

At the time, it was a requirement to attend college. Public schools had eliminated it as a requirement, but my chosen college still required it before you could attend, so I got it when I was like... 16 or 17. Something like that.
Venicilian: wow. Jesus hung around with everyone. boys, girls, rich, poor(mostly), sick, healthy, etc. in fact, i bet he even went up to gay people and tried to heal them so they would be straight.
The Parkus Empire: Being serious on NSG is like wearing a suit to a nude beach.
New Kereptica: Since power is changed energy over time, an increase in power would mean, in this case, an increase in energy. As energy is equivalent to mass and the density of the government is static, the volume of the government must increase.


User avatar
The Aria
Bureaucrat
 
Posts: 46
Founded: May 14, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby The Aria » Tue May 14, 2019 10:43 pm

The Black Forrest wrote:
The Aria wrote:
I found it ironic that one of your sources says you need to give vaccines to baby's while another one of your sources says you cant give vaccines to babies because there immunity system cant handle it


Which two? Curious to see if you are misreading it.....


I believe it was how vaccines prevent disease and herd immunity and vaccines
Last edited by The Aria on Tue May 14, 2019 10:49 pm, edited 2 times in total.

User avatar
The Free Joy State
Senior Issues Editor
 
Posts: 9911
Founded: Jan 05, 2014
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby The Free Joy State » Tue May 14, 2019 10:47 pm

The Aria wrote:


I found it ironic that one of your sources says you need to give vaccines to baby's while another one of your sources says you cant give vaccines to babies because there immunity system cant handle it

The CDC says "by age two" (kind of stretching the definition of a baby), while the herd immunity article mentions vaccinating babies of 15-18 months (while babies under three months are most susceptible to pertussis).

I fail to see either irony or contradiction.
Last edited by The Free Joy State on Tue May 14, 2019 10:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"If there's a book that you want to read, but it hasn't been written yet, then you must write it." - Toni Morrison

My nation does not represent my beliefs or politics.

User avatar
The Black Forrest
Post Czar
 
Posts: 35564
Founded: Antiquity
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby The Black Forrest » Tue May 14, 2019 10:47 pm

The Aria wrote:
The Black Forrest wrote:
Which two? Curious to see if you are misreading it.....


I believe it was how vaccines prevent disease and herd immunity and vaccines


Quick scanned both. As Neanderthaland mentioned; it depends on the vaccine and the age.
*I am a master proofreader after I click Submit.
* There is actually a War on Christmas. But Christmas started it, with it's unparalleled aggression against the Thanksgiving Holiday, and now Christmas has seized much Lebensraum in November, and are pushing into October. The rest of us seek to repel these invaders, and push them back to the status quo ante bellum Black Friday border. -Trotskylvania
* Silence Is Golden But Duct Tape Is Silver.
* I felt like Ayn Rand cornered me at a party, and three minutes in I found my first objection to what she was saying, but she kept talking without interruption for ten more days. - Max Barry talking about Atlas Shrugged

User avatar
The Black Forrest
Post Czar
 
Posts: 35564
Founded: Antiquity
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby The Black Forrest » Tue May 14, 2019 10:49 pm

Galloism wrote:
The Black Forrest wrote:
When did you get the vaccine? Work in areas where it was still an issue at the time?

At the time, it was a requirement to attend college. Public schools had eliminated it as a requirement, but my chosen college still required it before you could attend, so I got it when I was like... 16 or 17. Something like that.


Was that before WWII? ;)

They retired it about 6 years before I entered high school. I don't think I ever had it.....
Last edited by The Black Forrest on Tue May 14, 2019 10:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
*I am a master proofreader after I click Submit.
* There is actually a War on Christmas. But Christmas started it, with it's unparalleled aggression against the Thanksgiving Holiday, and now Christmas has seized much Lebensraum in November, and are pushing into October. The rest of us seek to repel these invaders, and push them back to the status quo ante bellum Black Friday border. -Trotskylvania
* Silence Is Golden But Duct Tape Is Silver.
* I felt like Ayn Rand cornered me at a party, and three minutes in I found my first objection to what she was saying, but she kept talking without interruption for ten more days. - Max Barry talking about Atlas Shrugged

User avatar
The Aria
Bureaucrat
 
Posts: 46
Founded: May 14, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby The Aria » Tue May 14, 2019 10:51 pm

The Free Joy State wrote:
The Aria wrote:
I found it ironic that one of your sources says you need to give vaccines to baby's while another one of your sources says you cant give vaccines to babies because there immunity system cant handle it

The CDC says "by age two" (kind of stretching the definition of a baby), while the herd immunity article mentions babies of 15-18 months.

I fail to see either irony or contradiction.


Yeah "by age 2" which means before.

I need to go now. talk tomorrow
Last edited by The Aria on Tue May 14, 2019 10:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Galloism
Khan of Spam
 
Posts: 61034
Founded: Aug 20, 2005
Father Knows Best State

Postby Galloism » Tue May 14, 2019 10:54 pm

The Black Forrest wrote:
Galloism wrote:At the time, it was a requirement to attend college. Public schools had eliminated it as a requirement, but my chosen college still required it before you could attend, so I got it when I was like... 16 or 17. Something like that.


Was that before WWII? ;)

They retried it about 6 years before I entered high school. I don't think I ever had it.....

Well, it kinda sucked.

Lymph nodes in my armpits hurt - felt like I was lugging around two big watermelons.

I might be exaggerating a bit with time.

A bit.
Last edited by Galloism on Tue May 14, 2019 10:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Venicilian: wow. Jesus hung around with everyone. boys, girls, rich, poor(mostly), sick, healthy, etc. in fact, i bet he even went up to gay people and tried to heal them so they would be straight.
The Parkus Empire: Being serious on NSG is like wearing a suit to a nude beach.
New Kereptica: Since power is changed energy over time, an increase in power would mean, in this case, an increase in energy. As energy is equivalent to mass and the density of the government is static, the volume of the government must increase.


User avatar
Neanderthaland
Senator
 
Posts: 3808
Founded: Sep 10, 2016
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Neanderthaland » Tue May 14, 2019 10:57 pm

The Aria wrote:
The Free Joy State wrote:The CDC says "by age two" (kind of stretching the definition of a baby), while the herd immunity article mentions babies of 15-18 months.

I fail to see either irony or contradiction.


Yeah "by age 2" which means before.

I need to go now. talk tomorrow

15-18 months is before age 2. 2 is 24 months.
Ug make fire. Mod ban Ug.

User avatar
Katganistan
Senior Game Moderator
 
Posts: 31896
Founded: Antiquity
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Katganistan » Wed May 15, 2019 3:17 pm

Nanocyberia wrote:Even mandatory vaccination is making people mad; just ask the French or the Swiss...


Too fucking bad. You don't want to be vaccinated and you don't have a medical reason for it, then you can't be where you can spread it to others.

Good luck if you have a car accident -- can't bring you to the ER where you could infect all sorts of injured, sick, and immuno-deficient people.

Oh, but that's cruel. We should probably charge you what it costs to keep you in total isolation so you don't spread anything to others.

User avatar
LiberNovusAmericae
Negotiator
 
Posts: 5757
Founded: Mar 10, 2018
Left-Leaning College State

Postby LiberNovusAmericae » Wed May 15, 2019 8:29 pm

Inkopolitia wrote:
Chernoslavia wrote:
Amazing how the left continue to inadvertently show their true colors when it comes to things like healthcare, vaccines, and guns.

I am a right-wing Libertarian, and I believe that vaccines should be mandatory. Why? Bringing back dead diseases is a bad thing.

This ^^
Nova Cyberia wrote:Thank you. I appreciate your respect for my low opinion of you.
Call me Liber for short.
Not to be confused with Novus America. We are different people with very different political opinions.

User avatar
The Aria
Bureaucrat
 
Posts: 46
Founded: May 14, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby The Aria » Wed May 15, 2019 9:25 pm

LiberNovusAmericae wrote:
Inkopolitia wrote:I am a right-wing Libertarian, and I believe that vaccines should be mandatory. Why? Bringing back dead diseases is a bad thing.

This ^^


According to https://www.answers.com/Q/What_do_vaccines_contain vaccines contain weakened or dead version of what its supposed to prevent.

So you are saying you believe injecting weakened or dead disease should be mandatory because bringing back dead diseases is bad.

Huh? :blink:
Last edited by The Aria on Wed May 15, 2019 9:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Gormwood
Negotiator
 
Posts: 5386
Founded: Mar 25, 2019
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Gormwood » Wed May 15, 2019 9:26 pm

The Aria wrote:
LiberNovusAmericae wrote:This ^^


According to https://www.answers.com/Q/What_do_vaccines_contain vaccines contain weakened or dead version of what its supposed to prevent.

So you are saying you believe injecting weakened or dead disease should be mandatory because bringing back dead diseases is bad.

Huh? :blink:

If you're that nostalgic for the Black Plague...
Bloodthirsty savages who call for violence against the Right while simultaneously being unarmed defenseless sissies who will get slaughtered by the gun-toting Right in a civil war.
Breath So Bad, It Actually Drives People Mad

User avatar
Galloism
Khan of Spam
 
Posts: 61034
Founded: Aug 20, 2005
Father Knows Best State

Postby Galloism » Wed May 15, 2019 9:27 pm

Gormwood wrote:
The Aria wrote:
According to https://www.answers.com/Q/What_do_vaccines_contain vaccines contain weakened or dead version of what its supposed to prevent.

So you are saying you believe injecting weakened or dead disease should be mandatory because bringing back dead diseases is bad.

Huh? :blink:

If you're that nostalgic for the Black Plague...

We don’t vaccinate against that.
Venicilian: wow. Jesus hung around with everyone. boys, girls, rich, poor(mostly), sick, healthy, etc. in fact, i bet he even went up to gay people and tried to heal them so they would be straight.
The Parkus Empire: Being serious on NSG is like wearing a suit to a nude beach.
New Kereptica: Since power is changed energy over time, an increase in power would mean, in this case, an increase in energy. As energy is equivalent to mass and the density of the government is static, the volume of the government must increase.


User avatar
Kowani
Post Marshal
 
Posts: 16586
Founded: Apr 01, 2018
Democratic Socialists

Postby Kowani » Wed May 15, 2019 9:28 pm

The Aria wrote:
LiberNovusAmericae wrote:This ^^


According to https://www.answers.com/Q/What_do_vaccines_contain vaccines contain weakened or dead version of what its supposed to prevent.

So you are saying you believe injecting weakened or dead disease should be mandatory because bringing back dead diseases is bad.

Huh? :blink:

…The body can fight off the weakened/dead ones easily, and in doing so, grant immunity. Without them, those chances drop faster than a fat guy out a window.
Narcissistic (Hedonistic) Nihilist. Yes, I am edgy. I know.
Atheist and still proud of it. Spanish Expat.
Post-Capitalist, Post-Nationalist.
Rights are functionally just privileges society has deemed important.
Prydania wrote:
As a Canadian? I find Americans and their deep, deep distrust of the government to be fundamentally, critically, laughably flawed. I find some aspects of your country completely absurd. The distrust of anything remotely resembling authority is one. The gun problem that stems from that is another.

Seangoli wrote:You are spouting nonsensical drivel with no coherent thought, little logic, and at the end of it all just angry opining at the clouds based on a truly astonishly low level of knowledge or understanding of the subject matter.

0% Capitalism

User avatar
Gormwood
Negotiator
 
Posts: 5386
Founded: Mar 25, 2019
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Gormwood » Wed May 15, 2019 9:29 pm

Galloism wrote:
Gormwood wrote:If you're that nostalgic for the Black Plague...

We don’t vaccinate against that.

So much fun if someone is exposed to it.
Bloodthirsty savages who call for violence against the Right while simultaneously being unarmed defenseless sissies who will get slaughtered by the gun-toting Right in a civil war.
Breath So Bad, It Actually Drives People Mad

User avatar
The Black Forrest
Post Czar
 
Posts: 35564
Founded: Antiquity
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby The Black Forrest » Wed May 15, 2019 9:31 pm

The Aria wrote:
LiberNovusAmericae wrote:This ^^


According to https://www.answers.com/Q/What_do_vaccines_contain vaccines contain weakened or dead version of what its supposed to prevent.

So you are saying you believe injecting weakened or dead disease should be mandatory because bringing back dead diseases is bad.

Huh? :blink:


You are misstating the use. You are basically suggesting people are being injected with the disease.

If the disease is extinct; there isn't a need for the vaccine anymore. Small pox is extinct. We don't give out the vaccines anymore. That ended 48 years ago.

Measles, mumps and rubella are still very much around.

Body autonomy brought measles back to the US.
*I am a master proofreader after I click Submit.
* There is actually a War on Christmas. But Christmas started it, with it's unparalleled aggression against the Thanksgiving Holiday, and now Christmas has seized much Lebensraum in November, and are pushing into October. The rest of us seek to repel these invaders, and push them back to the status quo ante bellum Black Friday border. -Trotskylvania
* Silence Is Golden But Duct Tape Is Silver.
* I felt like Ayn Rand cornered me at a party, and three minutes in I found my first objection to what she was saying, but she kept talking without interruption for ten more days. - Max Barry talking about Atlas Shrugged

User avatar
The Aria
Bureaucrat
 
Posts: 46
Founded: May 14, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby The Aria » Wed May 15, 2019 9:31 pm

Gormwood wrote:
The Aria wrote:
According to https://www.answers.com/Q/What_do_vaccines_contain vaccines contain weakened or dead version of what its supposed to prevent.

So you are saying you believe injecting weakened or dead disease should be mandatory because bringing back dead diseases is bad.

Huh? :blink:

If you're that nostalgic for the Black Plague...


How am I nostalgic for the black plague black plague?

User avatar
Deutschess Kaiserreich
Ambassador
 
Posts: 1486
Founded: Sep 23, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Deutschess Kaiserreich » Wed May 15, 2019 9:32 pm

Katganistan wrote:
Nanocyberia wrote:Even mandatory vaccination is making people mad; just ask the French or the Swiss...


Too fucking bad. You don't want to be vaccinated and you don't have a medical reason for it, then you can't be where you can spread it to others.

Good luck if you have a car accident -- can't bring you to the ER where you could infect all sorts of injured, sick, and immuno-deficient people.

Oh, but that's cruel. We should probably charge you what it costs to keep you in total isolation so you don't spread anything to others.

Agreed.
The Deutsches Kaiserreich
The Kaiserriech is an alternative history timeline where Germany won the First Weltkreig. Currently, the Kaiserriech is a Federal Monarchy. Our current leader is Victoria Louise Adelheid Mathilde Charlotte the Second. For more information.
Socialist Minecraft Server wrote:Im thinking about what im thinking about what im thinking
Ethnic Female German living in [REDACTED] (Not comfortable with revealing my identity).

Proud Monarch of the ♔♚IMPERION COALITION♚♔
Retconning lots of lore so expect some non-sensical parts in my factbooks.

User avatar
The Black Forrest
Post Czar
 
Posts: 35564
Founded: Antiquity
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby The Black Forrest » Wed May 15, 2019 9:32 pm

Galloism wrote:
Gormwood wrote:If you're that nostalgic for the Black Plague...

We don’t vaccinate against that.


True. There are antibiotics to help fight it.
*I am a master proofreader after I click Submit.
* There is actually a War on Christmas. But Christmas started it, with it's unparalleled aggression against the Thanksgiving Holiday, and now Christmas has seized much Lebensraum in November, and are pushing into October. The rest of us seek to repel these invaders, and push them back to the status quo ante bellum Black Friday border. -Trotskylvania
* Silence Is Golden But Duct Tape Is Silver.
* I felt like Ayn Rand cornered me at a party, and three minutes in I found my first objection to what she was saying, but she kept talking without interruption for ten more days. - Max Barry talking about Atlas Shrugged

User avatar
Duhon
Senator
 
Posts: 4012
Founded: Nov 21, 2018
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Duhon » Wed May 15, 2019 9:46 pm

The Aria wrote:
LiberNovusAmericae wrote:This ^^


According to https://www.answers.com/Q/What_do_vaccines_contain vaccines contain weakened or dead version of what its supposed to prevent.

So you are saying you believe injecting weakened or dead disease should be mandatory because bringing back dead diseases is bad.

Huh? :blink:


You need the virus as an ingredient so that the immune system recognizes that it's a threat and so develop antibodies for future attempts at infection.

User avatar
Neanderthaland
Senator
 
Posts: 3808
Founded: Sep 10, 2016
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Neanderthaland » Wed May 15, 2019 9:47 pm

The Aria wrote:
LiberNovusAmericae wrote:This ^^


According to https://www.answers.com/Q/What_do_vaccines_contain vaccines contain weakened or dead version of what its supposed to prevent.

So you are saying you believe injecting weakened or dead disease should be mandatory because bringing back dead diseases is bad.

Huh? :blink:

You see contradictions where they don't exist. Both here and in the 2 years thing.
Ug make fire. Mod ban Ug.

User avatar
Gormwood
Negotiator
 
Posts: 5386
Founded: Mar 25, 2019
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Gormwood » Wed May 15, 2019 9:48 pm

Neanderthaland wrote:
The Aria wrote:
According to https://www.answers.com/Q/What_do_vaccines_contain vaccines contain weakened or dead version of what its supposed to prevent.

So you are saying you believe injecting weakened or dead disease should be mandatory because bringing back dead diseases is bad.

Huh? :blink:

You see contradictions where they don't exist. Both here and in the 2 years thing.

Some people are determined to see vaccines as bad and unnecessary.
Bloodthirsty savages who call for violence against the Right while simultaneously being unarmed defenseless sissies who will get slaughtered by the gun-toting Right in a civil war.
Breath So Bad, It Actually Drives People Mad

User avatar
Neanderthaland
Senator
 
Posts: 3808
Founded: Sep 10, 2016
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Neanderthaland » Wed May 15, 2019 9:49 pm

Galloism wrote:
Gormwood wrote:If you're that nostalgic for the Black Plague...

We don’t vaccinate against that.

We generally don't, but you can.
Ug make fire. Mod ban Ug.

User avatar
Deutschess Kaiserreich
Ambassador
 
Posts: 1486
Founded: Sep 23, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Deutschess Kaiserreich » Wed May 15, 2019 9:52 pm

Neanderthaland wrote:
Galloism wrote:We don’t vaccinate against that.

We generally don't, but you can.

SCP-049 would like to know your location.
The Deutsches Kaiserreich
The Kaiserriech is an alternative history timeline where Germany won the First Weltkreig. Currently, the Kaiserriech is a Federal Monarchy. Our current leader is Victoria Louise Adelheid Mathilde Charlotte the Second. For more information.
Socialist Minecraft Server wrote:Im thinking about what im thinking about what im thinking
Ethnic Female German living in [REDACTED] (Not comfortable with revealing my identity).

Proud Monarch of the ♔♚IMPERION COALITION♚♔
Retconning lots of lore so expect some non-sensical parts in my factbooks.

User avatar
The Aria
Bureaucrat
 
Posts: 46
Founded: May 14, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby The Aria » Wed May 15, 2019 9:52 pm

You are misstating the use. You are basically suggesting people are being injected with the disease
.

How am i misstating the use?

If the disease is extinct; there isn't a need for the vaccine anymore. Small pox is extinct. We don't give out the vaccines anymore. That ended 48 years ago.


Then why are we talking about it?

Body autonomy brought measles back to the US.


I disagree. Can you prove it?

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Australian rePublic, Bombadil, Czechostan, D V, Duhon, Google [Bot], Greed and Death, Ifreann, Kassaran, Klorgia1, Kowani, MSN [Bot], Nakena, Samudera Darussalam, Sundiata, Tarsonis, The East Marches II, The Lone Alliance, Thermodolia, Xuloqoia, Zedeshia, Zurkerx

Advertisement

Remove ads