NATION

PASSWORD

Hundreds quarantined for measles in 2 CA universities.

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

Valentine Z
Postmaster-General

Founded: Nov 08, 2015
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Valentine Z » Fri May 24, 2019 6:23 am

It's an extremely selfish thought to not care about the public health and that you would rather see it compromised or be indifferent about what's happening.

Shameful, really.
Last edited by Valentine Z on Fri May 24, 2019 6:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
Val's Stuff. ♡ ^_^ ♡ For You
If you are reading my sig, I want you to have the best day ever ! You are worth it, do not let anyone get you down !
Glory to De Geweldige Sierlijke Katachtige Utopia en Zijne Autonome Machten ov Valentine Z !
(✿◠‿◠) ☆ \(^_^)/ ☆

Issues Thread Photography Stuff Project: Save F7. Stats Analysis

The Sixty! Valentian Stories! Gwen's Adventures!

• Never trouble trouble until trouble troubles you.
• World Map is a cat playing with Australia.
Let Fate sort it out.

Greater vakolicci haven
Post Marshal

Founded: May 09, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Greater vakolicci haven » Fri May 24, 2019 6:31 am

Valentine Z wrote:It's an extremely selfish thought to not care about the public health and that you would rather see it compromised or be indifferent about what's happening.

Shameful, really.

I care far more about the freedom to choose what goes into your body.
Join the rejected realms and never fear rejection again
NSG virtual happy hour this Saturday: join us on zoom, what could possibly go wrong?
“I predict future happiness for Americans, if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them.” - Thomas Jefferson
“Silent acquiescence in the face of tyranny is no better than outright agreement." - C.J. Redwine
“The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles." - Jeff Cooper

Valentine Z
Postmaster-General

Postby Valentine Z » Fri May 24, 2019 6:39 am

Greater vakolicci haven wrote:
Valentine Z wrote:It's an extremely selfish thought to not care about the public health and that you would rather see it compromised or be indifferent about what's happening.

Shameful, really.

I mean, I would like it too, but you know, we are talking about being vaccinated with something that has tried and tested over so many times.

I'm not saying that we should become guinea pigs to some unknown vaccines or some weird medication.

It is not unknown stuff that is injected into the body. It is well-known, well-tried, and it helps people.

You, on the other hand, only think about yourself, using the "freedom to choose" as an excuse to cover the fact that you just couldn't give a damn about everyone around you and wanted them to die from a preventable disease.
If you are reading my sig, I want you to have the best day ever ! You are worth it, do not let anyone get you down !
Glory to De Geweldige Sierlijke Katachtige Utopia en Zijne Autonome Machten ov Valentine Z !
(✿◠‿◠) ☆ \(^_^)/ ☆

Let Fate sort it out.

Galloism
Khan of Spam

Founded: Aug 20, 2005
Father Knows Best State

Postby Galloism » Fri May 24, 2019 6:43 am

Valentine Z wrote:
Greater vakolicci haven wrote:I care far more about the freedom to choose what goes into your body.

I mean, I would like it too, but you know, we are talking about being vaccinated with something that has tried and tested over so many times.

I'm not saying that we should become guinea pigs to some unknown vaccines or some weird medication.

It is not unknown stuff that is injected into the body. It is well-known, well-tried, and it helps people.

You, on the other hand, only think about yourself, using the "freedom to choose" as an excuse to cover the fact that you just couldn't give a damn about everyone around you and wanted them to die from a preventable disease.

I mean, forcing medical procedures on an adult in order to save the life of another person being considered acceptable leads us to some pretty bad conclusions.
Venicilian: wow. Jesus hung around with everyone. boys, girls, rich, poor(mostly), sick, healthy, etc. in fact, i bet he even went up to gay people and tried to heal them so they would be straight.
The Parkus Empire: Being serious on NSG is like wearing a suit to a nude beach.
New Kereptica: Since power is changed energy over time, an increase in power would mean, in this case, an increase in energy. As energy is equivalent to mass and the density of the government is static, the volume of the government must increase.

Valentine Z
Postmaster-General

Postby Valentine Z » Fri May 24, 2019 6:46 am

Galloism wrote:
Valentine Z wrote:

I mean, forcing medical procedures on an adult in order to save the life of another person being considered acceptable leads us to some pretty bad conclusions.

I'm aware of that. I'm just saying that it should be made mandatory in the way of "Please vaccine or you will be a danger to society, like literally."

I'm not talking about jailing or dragging someone out of the house just because they are not vaccinated. An unvaccinated person is a danger to most communities, so if they aren't vaccinated due to freedom of choice, just ban them from entering somewhere, I guess.
(✿◠‿◠) ☆ \(^_^)/ ☆

Let Fate sort it out.

Galloism
Khan of Spam

Father Knows Best State

Postby Galloism » Fri May 24, 2019 6:48 am

Valentine Z wrote:
Galloism wrote:I mean, forcing medical procedures on an adult in order to save the life of another person being considered acceptable leads us to some pretty bad conclusions.

I'm aware of that. I'm just saying that it should be made mandatory in the way of "Please vaccine or you will be a danger to society, like literally."

I'm not talking about jailing or dragging someone out of the house just because they are not vaccinated.

Ah, then that's acceptable.

An unvaccinated person is a danger to most communities, so if they aren't vaccinated due to freedom of choice, just ban them from entering somewhere, I guess.

We do have to consider economic realities too. If we bar them from leaving their house or going to any public place because they're not vaccinated, you either be ready to support them for the rest of their lives or be ok with them dying from the effects of poverty.
Venicilian: wow. Jesus hung around with everyone. boys, girls, rich, poor(mostly), sick, healthy, etc. in fact, i bet he even went up to gay people and tried to heal them so they would be straight.
New Kereptica: Since power is changed energy over time, an increase in power would mean, in this case, an increase in energy. As energy is equivalent to mass and the density of the government is static, the volume of the government must increase.

Highever
Ambassador

Founded: Dec 21, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Highever » Fri May 24, 2019 6:49 am

Shameful, really.

I care far more about me, my family and friends, and my potential future children not being exposed to disease for pretty much no valid reason.
ΦΣK
⚦ Through the souls of your brothers and sisters I take My place amongst the Three; through their pleasure I ascend my Throne. Pleasure, for Pleasure's sake! ⚦
Remember Bloody Sunday
A wise man once said, ("We all dead, fuck it")
There's something in the water
Jolthig wrote:Use Soresu and not Juyo.
Charlie Chaplin wrote:Nothing is permanent in this wicked world, not even our troubles.

Valentine Z
Postmaster-General

Postby Valentine Z » Fri May 24, 2019 6:51 am

Galloism wrote:
Valentine Z wrote:

I'm not talking about jailing or dragging someone out of the house just because they are not vaccinated.

Ah, then that's acceptable.

An unvaccinated person is a danger to most communities, so if they aren't vaccinated due to freedom of choice, just ban them from entering somewhere, I guess.

We do have to consider economic realities too. If we bar them from leaving their house or going to any public place because they're not vaccinated, you either be ready to support them for the rest of their lives or be ok with them dying from the effects of poverty.

Well, when you put it that way, it makes sense, too. It's like, going back a few posts, if you want freedom of choice, I will say "Go ahead". But at the same time, make it so that it is needed for some locations, i.e. those hotspots with more immunocompromised or vulnerable people around.

I assume that California has a moderate amount of population density (11th in US, I heard), so an unvaccinated person carrying measles will prove to be quite a danger.
Last edited by Valentine Z on Fri May 24, 2019 6:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
(✿◠‿◠) ☆ \(^_^)/ ☆

Let Fate sort it out.

Highever
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Highever » Fri May 24, 2019 6:51 am

Valentine Z wrote:
Galloism wrote:I mean, forcing medical procedures on an adult in order to save the life of another person being considered acceptable leads us to some pretty bad conclusions.

I'm not talking about jailing or dragging someone out of the house just because they are not vaccinated. An unvaccinated person is a danger to most communities, so if they aren't vaccinated due to freedom of choice, just ban them from entering somewhere, I guess.

My thoughts exactly. Dont want you or your children to get vaccinated? Fine then. You're not allowed to enter public facilities due to the unnecessary risk you will cause.
ΦΣK
⚦ Through the souls of your brothers and sisters I take My place amongst the Three; through their pleasure I ascend my Throne. Pleasure, for Pleasure's sake! ⚦
Remember Bloody Sunday
Charlie Chaplin wrote:Nothing is permanent in this wicked world, not even our troubles.

Galloism
Khan of Spam

Father Knows Best State

Postby Galloism » Fri May 24, 2019 6:52 am

Highever wrote:
Valentine Z wrote:

My thoughts exactly. Dont want you or your children to get vaccinated? Fine then. You're not allowed to enter public facilities due to the unnecessary risk you will cause.

Can we define "public facilities"?

Neutraligon
Game Moderator

Founded: Oct 01, 2011
New York Times Democracy

Postby Neutraligon » Fri May 24, 2019 6:52 am

Galloism wrote:
Valentine Z wrote:

I am of the opinion that parents not vaccinating their kids is essentially child endangerment, and as such the kids should be removed for the brief amount of time needed to vaccinate them before being returned to their parents. If an adult is somehow not vaccinated, then that is their choice, but the government is under no obligation to provide services to them while they place others in danger.
If you want to call me by a nickname, call me Gon...or NS Batman.
Mod stuff: One Stop Rules Shop | Reppy's Sig Workshop | Getting Help Request
Just A Little though

Galloism
Khan of Spam

Father Knows Best State

Postby Galloism » Fri May 24, 2019 6:53 am

Neutraligon wrote:

I am of the opinion that parents not vaccinating their kids is essentially child endangerment, and as such the kids should be removed for the brief amount of time needed to vaccinate them before being returned to their parents. If an adult is somehow not vaccinated, then that is their choice, but the government is under no obligation to provide services to them while they place others in danger.

Can we define "services"?

Highever
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Highever » Fri May 24, 2019 6:53 am

Galloism wrote:
Highever wrote:My thoughts exactly. Dont want you or your children to get vaccinated? Fine then. You're not allowed to enter public facilities due to the unnecessary risk you will cause.

Can we define "public facilities"?

I was thinking schools and hospitals most importantly, as i dont want you endangering others kids and immunocompromised people.
ΦΣK
Remember Bloody Sunday

Galloism
Khan of Spam

Father Knows Best State

Postby Galloism » Fri May 24, 2019 6:54 am

Highever wrote:
Galloism wrote:Can we define "public facilities"?

I was thinking schools and hospitals most importantly, as i dont want you endangering others kids and immunocompromised people.

So if a person has a heart attack, tough luck you should have gotten vaccinated? Go die?

EMTs are required to check vaccination status before transporting?

Neutraligon
Game Moderator

New York Times Democracy

Postby Neutraligon » Fri May 24, 2019 6:57 am

Galloism wrote:
Neutraligon wrote:I am of the opinion that parents not vaccinating their kids is essentially child endangerment, and as such the kids should be removed for the brief amount of time needed to vaccinate them before being returned to their parents. If an adult is somehow not vaccinated, then that is their choice, but the government is under no obligation to provide services to them while they place others in danger.

Can we define "services"?

They would not be allowed in government facilities, They would not be allowed to fly. Public hospitals would be an exception.
Last edited by Neutraligon on Fri May 24, 2019 6:59 am, edited 2 times in total.
Just A Little though

Greater vakolicci haven
Post Marshal

Founded: May 09, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Greater vakolicci haven » Fri May 24, 2019 6:58 am

Highever wrote:
Galloism wrote:Can we define "public facilities"?

So because of a choice by parents, a child is denied an education? Sounds pretty shitty to me.
Join the rejected realms and never fear rejection again
NSG virtual happy hour this Saturday: join us on zoom, what could possibly go wrong?
“I predict future happiness for Americans, if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them.” - Thomas Jefferson
“Silent acquiescence in the face of tyranny is no better than outright agreement." - C.J. Redwine
“The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles." - Jeff Cooper

Highever
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Highever » Fri May 24, 2019 6:59 am

Highever wrote:I was thinking schools and hospitals most importantly, as i dont want you endangering others kids and immunocompromised people.

So because of a choice by parents, a child is denied an education? Sounds pretty shitty to me.

Maybe parents should....not recklessly endanger their children then? What sounds really shitty to me is a parent endangering not only theirchildren, but other parents children because of their choice.
ΦΣK
Remember Bloody Sunday

Galloism
Khan of Spam

Father Knows Best State

Postby Galloism » Fri May 24, 2019 7:00 am

Neutraligon wrote:
Galloism wrote:Can we define "services"?

For instance they would have to home school their kid. Their kid would not be allowed in government facilities, They would not be allowed to fly. Public hospitals would be an exception.

So wait a minute, because you said that in the context of an adult not being vaccinated, the only downside if they don't have kids is not being allowed to fly?

Highever
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Highever » Fri May 24, 2019 7:01 am

Galloism wrote:
Highever wrote:I was thinking schools and hospitals most importantly, as i dont want you endangering others kids and immunocompromised people.

So if a person has a heart attack, tough luck you should have gotten vaccinated? Go die?

Perhaps not....hospitals should probably be an exception. But they are still presenting a pretty big risk to others on the hospital.
ΦΣK
Remember Bloody Sunday

Neutraligon
Game Moderator

New York Times Democracy

Postby Neutraligon » Fri May 24, 2019 7:02 am

Galloism wrote:
Neutraligon wrote:For instance they would have to home school their kid. Their kid would not be allowed in government facilities, They would not be allowed to fly. Public hospitals would be an exception.

So wait a minute, because you said that in the context of an adult not being vaccinated, the only downside if they don't have kids is not being allowed to fly?

I edited. The downside is they would not be able to meet with government representatives or use government buildings. Private locations can make their own decisions on if they accept unvaccinated people within them
Just A Little though

Galloism
Khan of Spam

Father Knows Best State

Postby Galloism » Fri May 24, 2019 7:03 am

Highever wrote:
Galloism wrote:So if a person has a heart attack, tough luck you should have gotten vaccinated? Go die?

Perhaps not....hospitals should probably be an exception. But they are still presenting a pretty big risk to others on the hospital.

Hospitals are risky places anyway. Staph is a huge problem that no one talks about.

Galloism
Khan of Spam

Father Knows Best State

Postby Galloism » Fri May 24, 2019 7:04 am

Neutraligon wrote:
Galloism wrote:So wait a minute, because you said that in the context of an adult not being vaccinated, the only downside if they don't have kids is not being allowed to fly?

I edited. The downside is they would not be able to meet with government representatives or use government buildings. Private locations can make their own decisions on if they accept unvaccinated people within them

Ah, ok, let me try again.

Neutraligon wrote:
Galloism wrote:Can we define "services"?

They would not be allowed in government facilities, They would not be allowed to fly. Public hospitals would be an exception.

So John the unvaccinated adult gets a speeding ticket and has to appear in court or he will be jailed. What happens next?

Highever
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Highever » Fri May 24, 2019 7:04 am

Galloism wrote:
Highever wrote:Perhaps not....hospitals should probably be an exception. But they are still presenting a pretty big risk to others on the hospital.

Hospitals are risky places anyway. Staph is a huge problem that no one talks about.

This is true. Maybe take extra precautionary measures to separate them from the more severely immunocompromised patients.
ΦΣK
Remember Bloody Sunday

Galloism
Khan of Spam

Father Knows Best State

Postby Galloism » Fri May 24, 2019 7:04 am

Highever wrote:
Galloism wrote:Hospitals are risky places anyway. Staph is a huge problem that no one talks about.

This is true. Maybe take extra precautionary measures to separate them from the more severely immunocompromised patients.

That's reasonable.

Neutraligon
Game Moderator

New York Times Democracy

Postby Neutraligon » Fri May 24, 2019 7:04 am

Galloism wrote:
Neutraligon wrote:I edited. The downside is they would not be able to meet with government representatives or use government buildings. Private locations can make their own decisions on if they accept unvaccinated people within them

Ah, ok, let me try again.

Neutraligon wrote:They would not be allowed in government facilities, They would not be allowed to fly. Public hospitals would be an exception.

So John the unvaccinated adult gets a speeding ticket and has to appear in court or he will be jailed. What happens next?

John would have to remote in for court, assuming of course he does not have a medical excuse for not being vaccinated. Prison guards on unvaccinated prisoners would be required by law to be vaccinated or they cannot be hired. Personally of the opinion that if you are going to work for the government in any capacity, one of the requirements should be vaccination or proof of being medically unable to vaccinate.
Last edited by Neutraligon on Fri May 24, 2019 7:08 am, edited 2 times in total.
Just A Little though

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General