NATION

PASSWORD

Hundreds quarantined for measles in 2 CA universities.

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

Duhon
Senator

Founded: Nov 21, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Duhon » Thu May 16, 2019 4:07 am

Chernoslavia wrote:
Kowani wrote:What?

You're going get many people refusing to get vaccinated along with armed patriot groups who aren't just going to stand idly by as you drag their friends and neighbors out of their homes.

FIGHT FOR THE RIGHT TO INFECT OTHERS
FIGHT FOR THE RIGHT TO GET MEASLES AND WORSE
ROW ROW FIGHT THE POWAHHH

Duhon
Senator

Founded: Nov 21, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Duhon » Thu May 16, 2019 4:08 am

Thermodolia wrote:
Greater vakolicci haven wrote:Is supporting civil war against the rules here?

No not at all. It just gives me full power to start arresting and quarantining those who might be a threat

And their "right" to infect people before you catch up to them.

Greater vakolicci haven
Post Marshal

Founded: May 09, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Greater vakolicci haven » Thu May 16, 2019 4:54 am

Andsed wrote:
Greater vakolicci haven wrote:I have zero responsibility to society, as do you. My country just happens to be wear I am living at the time.

Well when innocent men women and children start dying of the preventable illnesses because people like you refuse to get vaccinated for some god forsaken reason we know who to blame.

And my conscience shall remain clear.
Join the rejected realms and never fear rejection again
NSG virtual happy hour this Saturday: join us on zoom, what could possibly go wrong?
“I predict future happiness for Americans, if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them.” - Thomas Jefferson
“Silent acquiescence in the face of tyranny is no better than outright agreement." - C.J. Redwine
“The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles." - Jeff Cooper

Andsed
Postmaster-General

Founded: Aug 24, 2017
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Andsed » Thu May 16, 2019 4:58 am

Greater vakolicci haven wrote:
Andsed wrote:Well when innocent men women and children start dying of the preventable illnesses because people like you refuse to get vaccinated for some god forsaken reason we know who to blame.

And my conscience shall remain clear.

So your perfectly fine with endangering innocent people? That’s fucked up.
I do be tired

LOVEWHOYOUARE~

Greater vakolicci haven
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Greater vakolicci haven » Thu May 16, 2019 5:03 am

Andsed wrote:
Greater vakolicci haven wrote:And my conscience shall remain clear.

So your perfectly fine with endangering innocent people? That’s fucked up.

I don't have a problem with vaccinating your children, I'm not an anti-vaxer, I believe it's a choice though and I don't have any plans to get any jabs myself in the near future.
NSG virtual happy hour this Saturday: join us on zoom, what could possibly go wrong?
“I predict future happiness for Americans, if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them.” - Thomas Jefferson
“Silent acquiescence in the face of tyranny is no better than outright agreement." - C.J. Redwine
“The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles." - Jeff Cooper

Tetradimensional Overworld
Spokesperson

Founded: Apr 29, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Tetradimensional Overworld » Thu May 16, 2019 5:03 am

You know, I'd love it if antivax parents were brought into a Siberian forest and they are forced to fight one another. That could be a source of entertainment.
IC name: Greater Aecinov Republic | Maxovikt Aečinov Valtarzurthr
IF YOU THINK WE'RE FOUR DIMENSIONAL, YOU ARE MISTAKEN. THIS IS JUST AN OLD NAME, A PLACEHOLDER NAME. I WILL /STILLME YA IF YOU MAKE CRAPPY ANSWERS SO DEAL WITH IT VADIM
TETRADIMENSIONAL OVERWORLD isn't my IC name. This nation is pure unadulterated nostalgia, deal with it. Did you know that I wasted 400 million plus seconds of my life and you wasted more? Well, if I could go back to any age, I'd go back to the time when I was 11. Great times indeed. I'm an anti-communist, but I do love me some Soviet music.
Late childhood is the best part of childhood -- change my mind. People below 10 are in blissful ignorance so I'd rather avoid that. Blissful ignorance is not true happiness

Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Tetradimensional Overworld » Thu May 16, 2019 5:05 am

Andsed wrote:So your perfectly fine with endangering innocent people? That’s fucked up.

I don't have a problem with vaccinating your children, I'm not an anti-vaxer, I believe it's a choice though and I don't have any plans to get any jabs myself in the near future.

"Choice" lmfao
"MUH CHILDREN ARE SIMULATIONS OF HUMAN IMMUNE SYSTEM AND IT'S MY RIGHT TO CHOOSE" adult male cow defecation?
IF YOU THINK WE'RE FOUR DIMENSIONAL, YOU ARE MISTAKEN. THIS IS JUST AN OLD NAME, A PLACEHOLDER NAME. I WILL /STILLME YA IF YOU MAKE CRAPPY ANSWERS SO DEAL WITH IT VADIM
TETRADIMENSIONAL OVERWORLD isn't my IC name. This nation is pure unadulterated nostalgia, deal with it. Did you know that I wasted 400 million plus seconds of my life and you wasted more? Well, if I could go back to any age, I'd go back to the time when I was 11. Great times indeed. I'm an anti-communist, but I do love me some Soviet music.
Late childhood is the best part of childhood -- change my mind. People below 10 are in blissful ignorance so I'd rather avoid that. Blissful ignorance is not true happiness

Greater vakolicci haven
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Greater vakolicci haven » Thu May 16, 2019 5:08 am

Tetradimensional Overworld wrote:
Greater vakolicci haven wrote:I don't have a problem with vaccinating your children, I'm not an anti-vaxer, I believe it's a choice though and I don't have any plans to get any jabs myself in the near future.

"Choice" lmfao
"MUH CHILDREN ARE SIMULATIONS OF HUMAN IMMUNE SYSTEM AND IT'S MY RIGHT TO CHOOSE" adult male cow defecation?

Parents are responsible for medical decisions fr children in most cases.

Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Tetradimensional Overworld » Thu May 16, 2019 5:11 am

Tetradimensional Overworld wrote:"Choice" lmfao

Yeah, but that doesn't excuse "MUH CHILDREN ARE LAB RA-I MEAN LAB HUMANS AND IT'S MY RIGHT TO CHOOSE" crap. I hope the UN would reach an agreement to send anti vax parents to Siberia to fight one another for food supply before the winter comes. It would be an entertainment.

The Free Joy State
Senior Issues Editor

Founded: Jan 05, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby The Free Joy State » Thu May 16, 2019 5:59 am

Tetradimensional Overworld wrote:"Choice" lmfao

Not when those choices harm their children.

If a parent believes that their child getting a blood transfusion will cut them off from the grace of God, and that child gets desperately ill and needs a transfusion, that parent can be overruled in court and their child be given a transfusion.

If a parent believes they can pray their child's illness away and their child dies, their parent will be prosecuted (possibly for murder).

Parents do not have unlimited rights over their child's body, to their child's detriment.

Parents should not have the right to let their children get potentially fatal diseases.
"If there's a book that you want to read, but it hasn't been written yet, then you must write it." - Toni Morrison

My nation does not represent my beliefs or politics.

Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Tetradimensional Overworld » Thu May 16, 2019 6:01 am

The Free Joy State wrote:
Greater vakolicci haven wrote:Parents are responsible for medical decisions fr children in most cases.

If a parent believes that their child getting a blood transfusion will cut them off from the grace of God, and that child gets desperately ill and needs a transfusion, that parent can be overruled in court and their child be given a transfusion.

If a parent believes they can pray their child's illness away and their child dies, their parent will be prosecuted (possibly for murder).

Parents do not have unlimited rights over their child's body, to their child's detriment.

Parents should not have the right to let their children get potentially fatal diseases.

I fully agree.

Greater vakolicci haven
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Greater vakolicci haven » Thu May 16, 2019 6:09 am

Greater vakolicci haven wrote:Parents are responsible for medical decisions fr children in most cases.

I, however, am perfectly free to not get vaccinated, just as I am to refuse blood, or to refuse medical treatment. The rights sadly do not extend to children, however I hope that when society advances to an extent where we view children as more than simply things to be protected, but as thinking and rational creatures complete with free will, this law will change.

Dooom35796821595
Powerbroker

Founded: Sep 11, 2011
Father Knows Best State

Postby Dooom35796821595 » Thu May 16, 2019 6:16 am

The Free Joy State wrote:Not when those choices harm their children.

I, however, am perfectly free to not get vaccinated, just as I am to refuse blood, or to refuse medical treatment. The rights sadly do not extend to children, however I hope that when society advances to an extent where we view children as more than simply things to be protected, but as thinking and rational creatures complete with free will, this law will change.

Well, you shouldn’t be. And no, children aren’t cabable of making their own decisions, their prefrontal cortex (decision making part of the brain) isn’t fully developed until you’re 25.
When life gives you lemons, you BURN THEIR HOUSE DOWN!
Anything can be justified if it is cool. If at first you don't succeed, destroy all in your way.
"Your methods are stupid! Your progress has been stupid! Your intelligence is stupid! For the sake of the mission, you must be terminated!”

Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Tetradimensional Overworld » Thu May 16, 2019 6:16 am

The law would make the age of majority to be... *clap clap* 0.

Icelandic Military Junta
Secretary

Founded: Apr 17, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Icelandic Military Junta » Thu May 16, 2019 6:19 am

Anti-Vaxxers are a threat to society and must be eliminated through logic, science, and mandatory Vaccines.
IC Year: 2022
Icelandic Press: Medical: Cure research slows as monkey population dies of tuberculosis| Internal: Paganism grows in Akureyri| International: Last sane settlement with contact with Iceland is destroyed in Greenland by starvation, despite Icelandic efforts to keep it alive.

My attempt at making a morally grey-area nation by putting a mildly-shitty nation into a very shitty world.
I'm Hammer Britannia
In a permanent state of WIP.
Posts before 2020 are not canon anymore.
*Insert witty Plague Inc joke here*

Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Tetradimensional Overworld » Thu May 16, 2019 6:19 am

Icelandic Military Junta wrote:Anti-Vaxxers are a threat to society and must be eliminated through logic, science, and mandatory Vaccines.

and gulags

Nordengrund
Powerbroker

Founded: Jun 20, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Nordengrund » Thu May 16, 2019 6:24 am

*sigh* People really should get vaccinated, although making it mandatory and jailing people who refuse to get vaccinated sounds rather dystopian to me.
1 John 1:9

The Free Joy State
Senior Issues Editor

Founded: Jan 05, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby The Free Joy State » Thu May 16, 2019 6:25 am

Children are impulsive (the adolescent brain does not finish maturing until 25)

Neuroscientists believe that the age of criminal responsibility is too low (bringing rationality into doubt).

Bandura's Bobo doll study showed how parents influence the behaviour of children, especially young ones -- bringing into doubt how "free" the will would be of any child living with anti-vaxxer parents.

We do not allow children to choose to do other things that have been shown to have a potentially harmful effect -- like smoking.

I'd guesstimate that, the more we know of neurological development, the stronger the case for protecting children against making harmful medical decisions -- and protecting them from dangerous pathogens -- will become.
Last edited by The Free Joy State on Thu May 16, 2019 6:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
"If there's a book that you want to read, but it hasn't been written yet, then you must write it." - Toni Morrison

My nation does not represent my beliefs or politics.

Dooom35796821595
Powerbroker

Father Knows Best State

Postby Dooom35796821595 » Thu May 16, 2019 6:26 am

Nordengrund wrote:*sigh* People really should get vaccinated, although making it mandatory and jailing people who refuse to get vaccinated sounds rather dystopian to me.

Not nearly as dystopian as the world will be after a global pandemic during the digital age.
Anything can be justified if it is cool. If at first you don't succeed, destroy all in your way.
"Your methods are stupid! Your progress has been stupid! Your intelligence is stupid! For the sake of the mission, you must be terminated!”

Icelandic Military Junta
Secretary

Founded: Apr 17, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Icelandic Military Junta » Thu May 16, 2019 6:30 am

Dooom35796821595 wrote:
Nordengrund wrote:*sigh* People really should get vaccinated, although making it mandatory and jailing people who refuse to get vaccinated sounds rather dystopian to me.

Not nearly as dystopian as the world will be after a global pandemic during the digital age.

Let's see, your choices are: A. Mandatory Vaccines/Arresting Anti-Vaxxers, which is authoritarian

Or B. Potentially killing thousands of Children.
IC Year: 2022
Icelandic Press: Medical: Cure research slows as monkey population dies of tuberculosis| Internal: Paganism grows in Akureyri| International: Last sane settlement with contact with Iceland is destroyed in Greenland by starvation, despite Icelandic efforts to keep it alive.

My attempt at making a morally grey-area nation by putting a mildly-shitty nation into a very shitty world.
I'm Hammer Britannia
In a permanent state of WIP.
Posts before 2020 are not canon anymore.
*Insert witty Plague Inc joke here*

New Udonia
Envoy

Founded: Sep 06, 2018
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby New Udonia » Thu May 16, 2019 6:32 am

Remember the ebola scare. Don't let the media do the thinking for you.
I'm not going to debate an issue with emotionally charged people.

I only feel it fair to point out this though, it is up to you to come to your own conclusions.
https://www.cnn.com/2019/03/13/politics ... index.html
https://www.navytimes.com/news/your-nav ... and-germs/

A US navy ship is probably the highest rate (~100%) of vaccinations. These guys are subjected to the full cocktail of boosters, etc. How come they are starting to get sick?
This is food for thought, I do not, and will not, debate over whether we should persecute people for refusing a corporate product.
The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy. - MLKJ
News: The New Udonian Weekly

Andsed
Postmaster-General

Founded: Aug 24, 2017
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Andsed » Thu May 16, 2019 6:36 am

New Udonia wrote:Remember the ebola scare. Don't let the media do the thinking for you.

I only feel it fair to point out this though, it is up to you to come to your own conclusions.

A US navy ship is probably the highest rate (~100%) of vaccinations. These guys are subjected to the full cocktail of boosters, etc. How come they are starting to get sick?
This is food for thought, I do not, and will not, debate over whether we should persecute people for refusing a corporate product.

Ah yes the classic “vaccinated pepole get sick to!!!!” bullshit you anti vaxxers always try to use to hide the blatant fact your position is built on bullshit. Vaccines while very effective do not 100% prevent you from getting sick. That is why herd immunity is so important.

Also this is not some Ebola scare. Anti vaxxers are endangering others and this is pretty obvious to anyone with basic knowledge of vaccines.
Last edited by Andsed on Thu May 16, 2019 6:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
I do be tired

LOVEWHOYOUARE~

Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Tetradimensional Overworld » Thu May 16, 2019 6:40 am

New Udonia wrote:Remember the ebola scare. Don't let the media do the thinking for you.

Ah yes, the ebola scare. HIV killed more people than Ebola in 2014.
Yet, in history, before vaccines existed, people had 5+ children for this one reason: only 1 or 2 would survive into adulthood.
Don't bring up overpopulation or else I'm going to kick ya balls.

Dooom35796821595
Powerbroker

Father Knows Best State

Postby Dooom35796821595 » Thu May 16, 2019 6:41 am

The ‘emotionally charged people’ are the Anti-vaxxers, not sane rational people.

Smallpox has been eradicated globally due to vaccines and Polio could be next. Just look at any statistics on disease cases before and after implementation of vaccination programs, and you’ll see how small they are compared to what they were.

And Vaccines aren’t a corporate product like Pepsi, they’re a medicinal miracle and the single greatest advancement in human history.

Greater vakolicci haven
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Greater vakolicci haven » Thu May 16, 2019 6:43 am

Greater vakolicci haven wrote:I, however, am perfectly free to not get vaccinated, just as I am to refuse blood, or to refuse medical treatment. The rights sadly do not extend to children, however I hope that when society advances to an extent where we view children as more than simply things to be protected, but as thinking and rational creatures complete with free will, this law will change.

Children are impulsive (the adolescent brain does not finish maturing until 25)

Neuroscientists believe that the age of criminal responsibility is too low (bringing rationality into doubt).

Bandura's Bobo doll study showed how parents influence the behaviour of children, especially young ones -- bringing into doubt how "free" the will would be of any child living with anti-vaxxer parents.

We do not allow children to choose to do other things that have been shown to have a potentially harmful effect -- like smoking.

I'd guesstimate that, the more we know of neurological development, the stronger the case for protecting children against making harmful medical decisions -- and protecting them from dangerous pathogens -- will become.

I'm not in favour of a smoking age either though.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General