NATION

PASSWORD

Hundreds quarantined for measles in 2 CA universities.

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

User avatar
Gormwood
Senator
 
Posts: 4348
Founded: Mar 25, 2019
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Gormwood » Wed May 15, 2019 11:03 pm

The Aria wrote:
The Free Joy State wrote:"They won't let you get a medical degree..."

What new conspiracy theory is this? Again -- evidence (from a medical school's website, please).

I've known people who have gone to medical school. They were asked about their grades, they were asked about their extra-curricular activities. They were not asked if they were anti-vaxxers.

Of course, I don't imagine scientific evidence (which doctors generally do not follow when it comes to proving thimgs for the government agenda) leading many to being an anti-vaxxer.


Again they wont let people who side with anti-vaxers to post on medical's school, s websites

Therr are other ways of knowing things besides asking

You're making a special pleading on behalf of anti-vaxxers.
Bloodthirsty savages who call for violence against the Right while simultaneously being unarmed defenseless sissies who will get slaughtered by the gun-toting Right in a civil war.
Breath So Bad, It Actually Drives People Mad

User avatar
The Free Joy State
Senior Issues Editor
 
Posts: 9352
Founded: Jan 05, 2014
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby The Free Joy State » Wed May 15, 2019 11:03 pm

The Aria wrote:
The Free Joy State wrote:"They won't let you get a medical degree..."

What new conspiracy theory is this? Again -- evidence (from a medical school's website, please).

I've known people who have gone to medical school. They were asked about their grades, they were asked about their extra-curricular activities. They were not asked if they were anti-vaxxers.

Of course, I don't imagine scientific evidence (which doctors generally do not follow when it comes to proving thimgs for the government agenda) leading many to being an anti-vaxxer.


Again they wont let people who side with anti-vaxers to post on medical's school, s websites

Therr are other ways of knowing things besides asking

You don't have to post something on their site. You just have to find in the admissions' requirements. Just one recognised medical school.

You made the assertion. It is for you to support it, with evidence from a reputable source that the majority of people will accept.
Last edited by The Free Joy State on Wed May 15, 2019 11:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"If there's a book that you want to read, but it hasn't been written yet, then you must write it." - Toni Morrison

My nation does not represent my beliefs or politics.

User avatar
The Aria
Bureaucrat
 
Posts: 46
Founded: May 14, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby The Aria » Wed May 15, 2019 11:04 pm

Neanderthaland wrote:
The Aria wrote:

Dude, vaccines are older than the government.


The agendas of the people in the government aren't

User avatar
The Black Forrest
Post Czar
 
Posts: 35335
Founded: Antiquity
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby The Black Forrest » Wed May 15, 2019 11:04 pm

The Aria wrote:
The Free Joy State wrote:"They won't let you get a medical degree..."

What new conspiracy theory is this? Again -- evidence (from a medical school's website, please).

I've known people who have gone to medical school. They were asked about their grades, they were asked about their extra-curricular activities. They were not asked if they were anti-vaxxers.

Of course, I don't imagine scientific evidence (which doctors generally do not follow when it comes to proving thimgs for the government agenda) leading many to being an anti-vaxxer.


Again they wont let people who side with anti-vaxers to post on medical's school, s websites

Therr are other ways of knowing things besides asking


Your evidence?

If I had to guess, they removed nonsense which the anti-vax crown likes to post. Don't get a vaccine, you will give a kid autism!!!!

The Aria wrote:
Neanderthaland wrote:Dude, vaccines are older than the government.


The agendas of the people in the government aren't


Are you suggesting the deep state?
Last edited by The Black Forrest on Wed May 15, 2019 11:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
*I am a master proofreader after I click Submit.
* There is actually a War on Christmas. But Christmas started it, with it's unparalleled aggression against the Thanksgiving Holiday, and now Christmas has seized much Lebensraum in November, and are pushing into October. The rest of us seek to repel these invaders, and push them back to the status quo ante bellum Black Friday border. -Trotskylvania
* Silence Is Golden But Duct Tape Is Silver.
* I felt like Ayn Rand cornered me at a party, and three minutes in I found my first objection to what she was saying, but she kept talking without interruption for ten more days. - Max Barry talking about Atlas Shrugged

User avatar
Neanderthaland
Senator
 
Posts: 3647
Founded: Sep 10, 2016
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Neanderthaland » Wed May 15, 2019 11:08 pm

The Aria wrote:
Neanderthaland wrote:Dude, vaccines are older than the government.


The agendas of the people in the government aren't

Yeah, but we knew they worked in 1760. "Big Pharma" didn't exist then. Who would be profiting from lying about them?
Ug make fire. Mod ban Ug.

User avatar
The Aria
Bureaucrat
 
Posts: 46
Founded: May 14, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby The Aria » Wed May 15, 2019 11:12 pm

Its kinda unfair its 1vs5 here, i cant think about all your points at the same time.

Maybe if anti-vaxers doctors/scientists got as much funding as vaxers doctors/scientists and wernt suppressed we could convince you of the truth with fancy sources, but that probably wont happen because people dont want to be wrong

Anyways i need to go, its getting late.
Last edited by The Aria on Thu May 16, 2019 8:29 pm, edited 2 times in total.

User avatar
Risottia
Khan of Spam
 
Posts: 52136
Founded: Sep 05, 2006
New York Times Democracy

Postby Risottia » Wed May 15, 2019 11:13 pm

Valentine Z wrote:Do you think the quarantines are a step in the right direction?

No, just a justified emergency measure.

A step in the right decision would be free mandatory vaccination, enforced by law and police if necessary.
Statanist through and through.
Evilutionist Atheist Crusadjihadist. "Darwinu Akhbar! Dawkins vult!"
Founder of the NSG Peace Prize Committee.
I'm back.
SUMMER, BLOODY SUMMER!

User avatar
The Black Forrest
Post Czar
 
Posts: 35335
Founded: Antiquity
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby The Black Forrest » Wed May 15, 2019 11:14 pm

The Aria wrote:Its kinda unfair its 1vs5 here, i cant think about all your points at the same time.

Maybe if anti-vaxers got as much funding as vaxers we could prove the truth, but that probably wont happen because people dont want to be wrong

Anyways i need to go, its getting late.


Vaxers getting funding?

WHERE'S MY CHECK!!!!!!
*I am a master proofreader after I click Submit.
* There is actually a War on Christmas. But Christmas started it, with it's unparalleled aggression against the Thanksgiving Holiday, and now Christmas has seized much Lebensraum in November, and are pushing into October. The rest of us seek to repel these invaders, and push them back to the status quo ante bellum Black Friday border. -Trotskylvania
* Silence Is Golden But Duct Tape Is Silver.
* I felt like Ayn Rand cornered me at a party, and three minutes in I found my first objection to what she was saying, but she kept talking without interruption for ten more days. - Max Barry talking about Atlas Shrugged

User avatar
Neanderthaland
Senator
 
Posts: 3647
Founded: Sep 10, 2016
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Neanderthaland » Wed May 15, 2019 11:14 pm

The Aria wrote:Its kinda unfair its 1vs5 here, i cant think about all your points at the same time.

Maybe if anti-vaxers got as much funding as vaxers we could prove the truth, but that probably wont happen because people dont want to be wrong

Anyways i need to go, its getting late.

If you can't prove it, which you just admitted you can't, then you don't know it is "the truth." And you shouldn't say that you do.
Ug make fire. Mod ban Ug.

User avatar
Kuominwave
Spokesperson
 
Posts: 155
Founded: Jan 14, 2019
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Kuominwave » Thu May 16, 2019 1:23 am

Image


Anti-vaxxers who refuse to vaccinate their child should be charged with child neglect.
Last edited by Kuominwave on Thu May 16, 2019 1:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
OOC: This nation does not represent my political views, I don't know how to politic.

User avatar
Tetradimensional Overworld
Spokesperson
 
Posts: 140
Founded: Apr 29, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Tetradimensional Overworld » Thu May 16, 2019 1:45 am

Kuominwave wrote:

Anti-vaxxers who refuse to vaccinate their child should be charged with child neglect.

and murder too.
IC name: Greater Aecinov Republic | Maxovikt Aečinov Valtarzurthr
IF YOU THINK WE'RE FOUR DIMENSIONAL, YOU ARE MISTAKEN. THIS IS JUST AN OLD NAME, A PLACEHOLDER NAME. I WILL /STILLME YA IF YOU MAKE CRAPPY ANSWERS SO DEAL WITH IT VADIM
TETRADIMENSIONAL OVERWORLD isn't my IC name. This nation is pure unadulterated nostalgia, deal with it. Did you know that I wasted 400 million plus seconds of my life and you wasted more? Well, if I could go back to any age, I'd go back to the time when I was 11. Great times indeed. I'm an anti-communist, but I do love me some Soviet music.
Late childhood is the best part of childhood -- change my mind. People below 10 are in blissful ignorance so I'd rather avoid that. Blissful ignorance is not true happiness

User avatar
Deutschess Kaiserreich
Ambassador
 
Posts: 1486
Founded: Sep 23, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Deutschess Kaiserreich » Thu May 16, 2019 1:56 am

Kuominwave wrote:

Anti-vaxxers who refuse to vaccinate their child should be charged with child neglect.


Anti-vaxxers will say that the door breaking down is a good thing because their child will build up immunity.
The Deutsches Kaiserreich
The Kaiserriech is an alternative history timeline where Germany won the First Weltkreig. Currently, the Kaiserriech is a Federal Monarchy. Our current leader is Victoria Louise Adelheid Mathilde Charlotte the Second. For more information.
Socialist Minecraft Server wrote:Im thinking about what im thinking about what im thinking
Ethnic Female German living in [REDACTED] (Not comfortable with revealing my identity).

Proud Monarch of the ♔♚IMPERION COALITION♚♔
Retconning lots of lore so expect some non-sensical parts in my factbooks.

User avatar
Duhon
Senator
 
Posts: 3575
Founded: Nov 21, 2018
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Duhon » Thu May 16, 2019 2:03 am

Deutschess Kaiserreich wrote:
Kuominwave wrote:

Anti-vaxxers who refuse to vaccinate their child should be charged with child neglect.


Anti-vaxxers will say that the door breaking down is a good thing because their child will build up immunity.


Expose your kid to weakened or dead strains of the virus it's supposed to stop? Stop, too dangerous!

Expose your kid to the full-blown disease, with the real possibility of complications and death? I love how that builds up his immunity!

Brilliant logic, yeah?

User avatar
The Snazzylands
Diplomat
 
Posts: 585
Founded: Feb 20, 2015
Father Knows Best State

Postby The Snazzylands » Thu May 16, 2019 3:27 am

The Aria wrote:
Neanderthaland wrote:Dude, vaccines are older than the government.


The agendas of the people in the government aren't

You're right about this. I'm sick of those greedy elites who use their money and influence to push their insidious agenda of keeping their taxpayers alive and not ravished by disease.
Mind awaits entrance
Of a witty signature;
One has yet to come.

User avatar
Thermodolia
Khan of Spam
 
Posts: 52451
Founded: Oct 07, 2011
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Thermodolia » Thu May 16, 2019 3:36 am

Chernoslavia wrote:
Andsed wrote:Did you just say those who are not vaccinated do not endangers others? Because if so that is the dumbest thing I heard all day.


Well you're wrong.

Then kindly explain why we are having all of these outbreaks?
Male, Titoist cultural nationalist, lives somewhere in the Deep South, give me any good Irish, Canadian, or Scottish whiskey and I will be your friend for life. I'm GAY!
I'm agent #69 in the Gaystapo!
>The Sons of Adam: I'd crown myself monarch... cuz why not?
>>Dumb Ideologies: Why not turn yourself into a penguin and build an igloo at the centre of the Earth?
>Xovland: I keep getting ads for printer ink. Sometimes, when you get that feeling down there, you have to look at some steamy printer pictures.
Click for Da Funies
Click Here for RP Info Embassy Program
Ambassadors to the WA:
Ambassador to the GA Jon Æthr
Ambassador to the SC Eve Šanœ

RIP Dya

User avatar
Thermodolia
Khan of Spam
 
Posts: 52451
Founded: Oct 07, 2011
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Thermodolia » Thu May 16, 2019 3:38 am

Chernoslavia wrote:
Andsed wrote:Right because anti vaxxers totally don’t allow for diseases to spread and infect others such as those who cannot get vaccinated. It is not like it is a basic scientific fact with tons of evidence behind it. :roll:


I got news for you then - Millions of Americans aren't vaccinated. Go cry about how me not being vaxxed somehow endangers you, but the fact of the matter is that you cannot force people to receive them especially if they aren't infected with anything.

And we are seeing what’s happening when people don’t get vaccinated. Measles and other shitty things break out like crazy
Male, Titoist cultural nationalist, lives somewhere in the Deep South, give me any good Irish, Canadian, or Scottish whiskey and I will be your friend for life. I'm GAY!
I'm agent #69 in the Gaystapo!
>The Sons of Adam: I'd crown myself monarch... cuz why not?
>>Dumb Ideologies: Why not turn yourself into a penguin and build an igloo at the centre of the Earth?
>Xovland: I keep getting ads for printer ink. Sometimes, when you get that feeling down there, you have to look at some steamy printer pictures.
Click for Da Funies
Click Here for RP Info Embassy Program
Ambassadors to the WA:
Ambassador to the GA Jon Æthr
Ambassador to the SC Eve Šanœ

RIP Dya

User avatar
Thermodolia
Khan of Spam
 
Posts: 52451
Founded: Oct 07, 2011
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Thermodolia » Thu May 16, 2019 3:42 am

Chernoslavia wrote:
Kowani wrote: No, actually. The prevention is better than the cure-especially when we know what will happen if there is no prevention.

So, do you plan on explaining how, or…?


Yet you can still be rid of measles if you seek treatment. You don't have the right to go out in public and infect others with measles, but that doesn't mean you can make people get vaccinated.

So your fine with the government mandating that those with measles or other contagious issues be quarantined against their will yet mandatory vaccines are evil?
Male, Titoist cultural nationalist, lives somewhere in the Deep South, give me any good Irish, Canadian, or Scottish whiskey and I will be your friend for life. I'm GAY!
I'm agent #69 in the Gaystapo!
>The Sons of Adam: I'd crown myself monarch... cuz why not?
>>Dumb Ideologies: Why not turn yourself into a penguin and build an igloo at the centre of the Earth?
>Xovland: I keep getting ads for printer ink. Sometimes, when you get that feeling down there, you have to look at some steamy printer pictures.
Click for Da Funies
Click Here for RP Info Embassy Program
Ambassadors to the WA:
Ambassador to the GA Jon Æthr
Ambassador to the SC Eve Šanœ

RIP Dya

User avatar
Thermodolia
Khan of Spam
 
Posts: 52451
Founded: Oct 07, 2011
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Thermodolia » Thu May 16, 2019 3:47 am

Chernoslavia wrote:
The Black Forrest wrote:
A highly contagious disease which can kill people (not mentioning all the other things it does) over rules you silly FREEDUM!!!!! arguments.


No it doesn't, and you can go elsewhere with that authoritarian bullshit. Especially considering that millions of people don't get vaccinated yet most of them don't get infected still, it is a higher possibility for someone to get it if they aren't vaxxed, but it's more about exposure.

Ya know you keep say that your not anti-vaccines yet you keep using language and terms that anti-vaxxers use, like “vaxxed” for instance
Male, Titoist cultural nationalist, lives somewhere in the Deep South, give me any good Irish, Canadian, or Scottish whiskey and I will be your friend for life. I'm GAY!
I'm agent #69 in the Gaystapo!
>The Sons of Adam: I'd crown myself monarch... cuz why not?
>>Dumb Ideologies: Why not turn yourself into a penguin and build an igloo at the centre of the Earth?
>Xovland: I keep getting ads for printer ink. Sometimes, when you get that feeling down there, you have to look at some steamy printer pictures.
Click for Da Funies
Click Here for RP Info Embassy Program
Ambassadors to the WA:
Ambassador to the GA Jon Æthr
Ambassador to the SC Eve Šanœ

RIP Dya

User avatar
Greater vakolicci haven
Postmaster-General
 
Posts: 13904
Founded: May 09, 2014
Anarchy

Postby Greater vakolicci haven » Thu May 16, 2019 3:49 am

Thermodolia wrote:
Chernoslavia wrote:
Yet you can still be rid of measles if you seek treatment. You don't have the right to go out in public and infect others with measles, but that doesn't mean you can make people get vaccinated.

So your fine with the government mandating that those with measles or other contagious issues be quarantined against their will yet mandatory vaccines are evil?

I'm not fine with either, FTR.

User avatar
Greater vakolicci haven
Postmaster-General
 
Posts: 13904
Founded: May 09, 2014
Anarchy

Postby Greater vakolicci haven » Thu May 16, 2019 3:50 am

Thermodolia wrote:
Chernoslavia wrote:
I got news for you then - Millions of Americans aren't vaccinated. Go cry about how me not being vaxxed somehow endangers you, but the fact of the matter is that you cannot force people to receive them especially if they aren't infected with anything.

And we are seeing what’s happening when people don’t get vaccinated. Measles and other shitty things break out like crazy

I have zero responsibility to society, as do you. My country just happens to be wear I am living at the time.

User avatar
Thermodolia
Khan of Spam
 
Posts: 52451
Founded: Oct 07, 2011
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Thermodolia » Thu May 16, 2019 3:51 am

Chernoslavia wrote:
Kowani wrote:What?

You're going get many people refusing to get vaccinated along with armed patriot groups who aren't just going to stand idly by as you drag their friends and neighbors out of their homes.

Is that a threat I hear? So you’re supporting an armed Insurrection against the state then?
Male, Titoist cultural nationalist, lives somewhere in the Deep South, give me any good Irish, Canadian, or Scottish whiskey and I will be your friend for life. I'm GAY!
I'm agent #69 in the Gaystapo!
>The Sons of Adam: I'd crown myself monarch... cuz why not?
>>Dumb Ideologies: Why not turn yourself into a penguin and build an igloo at the centre of the Earth?
>Xovland: I keep getting ads for printer ink. Sometimes, when you get that feeling down there, you have to look at some steamy printer pictures.
Click for Da Funies
Click Here for RP Info Embassy Program
Ambassadors to the WA:
Ambassador to the GA Jon Æthr
Ambassador to the SC Eve Šanœ

RIP Dya

User avatar
Greater vakolicci haven
Postmaster-General
 
Posts: 13904
Founded: May 09, 2014
Anarchy

Postby Greater vakolicci haven » Thu May 16, 2019 3:53 am

Thermodolia wrote:
Chernoslavia wrote:You're going get many people refusing to get vaccinated along with armed patriot groups who aren't just going to stand idly by as you drag their friends and neighbors out of their homes.

Is that a threat I hear? So you’re supporting an armed Insurrection against the state then?

Is supporting civil war against the rules here?

User avatar
Dooom35796821595
Powerbroker
 
Posts: 9054
Founded: Sep 11, 2011
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Dooom35796821595 » Thu May 16, 2019 3:54 am

Greater vakolicci haven wrote:
Thermodolia wrote:And we are seeing what’s happening when people don’t get vaccinated. Measles and other shitty things break out like crazy

I have zero responsibility to society, as do you. My country just happens to be wear I am living at the time.


Well, you have to follow the law. So if the law gives you a choice between vaccination or exile, would you really chose exile?
When life gives you lemons, you BURN THEIR HOUSE DOWN!
Anything can be justified if it is cool. If at first you don't succeed, destroy all in your way.
"Your methods are stupid! Your progress has been stupid! Your intelligence is stupid! For the sake of the mission, you must be terminated!”

User avatar
Andsed
Negotiator
 
Posts: 6416
Founded: Aug 24, 2017
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Andsed » Thu May 16, 2019 4:03 am

Greater vakolicci haven wrote:
Thermodolia wrote:And we are seeing what’s happening when people don’t get vaccinated. Measles and other shitty things break out like crazy

I have zero responsibility to society, as do you. My country just happens to be wear I am living at the time.

Well when innocent men women and children start dying of the preventable illnesses because people like you refuse to get vaccinated for some god forsaken reason we know who to blame.
Last edited by Andsed on Thu May 16, 2019 4:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
Hello I am Andsed welcome to my sig.


Amazing Andsed quotes:
Ok lets get back on topic so we don´t get this thread locked thanks to talking about my church windmill dancing.
Andsed is not legally responsible for any injuries that may occur if you take this seriously and somehow get a trebuchet and try to fling yourself into a plane. You fucking dumbass
NationStates going from serious debates about homosexuality to jokes about Jesus a marijuana dealer in the span of one to two posts since November 13 2002.
Sorry my mind is always in the gutter no it lives in gutter my mind is fuckin called pennywise it is in the gutter so much.
How does one outsource racism? Do you like get an Indian guy to call people and call them racial slurs?

LOVEWHOYOUARE~

User avatar
Duhon
Senator
 
Posts: 3575
Founded: Nov 21, 2018
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Duhon » Thu May 16, 2019 4:05 am

Greater vakolicci haven wrote:
Thermodolia wrote:And we are seeing what’s happening when people don’t get vaccinated. Measles and other shitty things break out like crazy

I have zero responsibility to society, as do you. My country just happens to be wear I am living at the time.


Well, you're not the rest of the world, thankfully enough.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot], Cappuccina, Dresderstan, Geneviev, Kowani, Nouveau Yathrib, Shrillland, The Chuck, The Rapture Republic, US-SSR

Advertisement

Remove ads