NATION

PASSWORD

Hundreds quarantined for measles in 2 CA universities.

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

Free Arabian Nation
Ambassador

Founded: May 02, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Free Arabian Nation » Sat May 04, 2019 1:00 pm

Nurgle is pleased with this spreading of filth and disease
العرب الأحرار
I don't use NS Stats, for they are against the will of Liberty and God.

News
Open to TGs

Western Vale Confederacy
Powerbroker

Founded: Nov 09, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Western Vale Confederacy » Sat May 04, 2019 1:03 pm

Gormwood wrote:Regardless of your political mind, Russian cyberwarfare has real world effects you should worry about.

Russia trolls 'spreading vaccination misinformation' to create discord

Red Scare ‘cept Red is replaced by Russian.

Thermodolia
Post Kaiser

Founded: Oct 07, 2011
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Thermodolia » Sat May 04, 2019 1:12 pm

Free Arabian Nation wrote:Nurgle is pleased with this spreading of filth and disease

Death for the death god!!
Male, Jewish, lives somewhere in AZ, Disabled US Military Veteran, Oorah!, I'm GAY!
I'm agent #69 in the Gaystapo!
>The Sons of Adam: I'd crown myself monarch... cuz why not?
>>Dumb Ideologies: Why not turn yourself into a penguin and build an igloo at the centre of the Earth?
Click for Da Funies

RIP Dya

Gormwood
Postmaster-General

Founded: Mar 25, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Gormwood » Sat May 04, 2019 1:54 pm

Western Vale Confederacy wrote:
Gormwood wrote:Regardless of your political mind, Russian cyberwarfare has real world effects you should worry about.

Russia trolls 'spreading vaccination misinformation' to create discord

Perfectly nothing wrong with a foreign power encouraging and riling up antivaxxers in the midst of a measles comeback tour.
Bloodthirsty savages who call for violence against the Right while simultaneously being unarmed defenseless sissies who will get slaughtered by the gun-toting Right in a civil war.
Breath So Bad, It Actually Drives People Mad

The Rich Port
Post Czar

Founded: Jul 29, 2008
Left-Leaning College State

Postby The Rich Port » Sat May 04, 2019 2:05 pm

Gormwood wrote:
Western Vale Confederacy wrote:

Perfectly nothing wrong with a foreign power encouraging and riling up antivaxxers in the midst of a measles comeback tour.

Vale's insinuation is that the Red Scare was an imagined panic, which it indeed was, because the Communist Party did not have anywhere near the power and influence McCarthy alleged it had.

While I disagree, that wasn't his/her point.
THOSE THAT SOW THORNS SHOULD NOT EXPECT FLOWERS
CONSERVATISM IS FEAR AND STAGNATION AS IDEOLOGY. ONLY MARCH FORWARD.

Pronouns: She/Her
The Alt-Right Playbook
Alt-right/racist terminology
LOVEWHOYOUARE~

Gormwood
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Gormwood » Sat May 04, 2019 2:19 pm

The Rich Port wrote:
Gormwood wrote:Perfectly nothing wrong with a foreign power encouraging and riling up antivaxxers in the midst of a measles comeback tour.

Vale's insinuation is that the Red Scare was an imagined panic, which it indeed was, because the Communist Party did not have anywhere near the power and influence McCarthy alleged it had.

While I disagree, that wasn't his/her point.

This isn't about communist infiltration, it's about state sponsored trolls preaching to a crowd that already distrust their own government in regards to health and medicine, validating their batshit beliefs and encouraging them to turn their children into plague carriers with their usual behaviors.
Last edited by Gormwood on Sat May 04, 2019 2:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bloodthirsty savages who call for violence against the Right while simultaneously being unarmed defenseless sissies who will get slaughtered by the gun-toting Right in a civil war.

Purpelia
Post Czar

Founded: Oct 19, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Purpelia » Sat May 04, 2019 2:27 pm

What ever it is about you americans need to get your act together and start forcing vaccinations on people on the pain of having their children taken away.
Purpelia does not reflect my actual world views. In fact, the vast majority of Purpelian cannon is meant to shock and thus deliberately insane. I just like playing with the idea of a country of madmen utterly convinced that everyone else are the barbarians. So play along or not but don't ever think it's for real.

The above post contains hyperbole, metaphoric language, embellishment and exaggeration. It may also include badly translated figures of speech and misused idioms. Analyze accordingly.

Thermodolia
Post Kaiser

Founded: Oct 07, 2011
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Thermodolia » Sat May 04, 2019 2:28 pm

Purpelia wrote:What ever it is about you americans need to get your act together and start forcing vaccinations on people on the pain of having their children taken away.

But that would be mean and undemocratic or something /s
Male, Jewish, lives somewhere in AZ, Disabled US Military Veteran, Oorah!, I'm GAY!
I'm agent #69 in the Gaystapo!
>The Sons of Adam: I'd crown myself monarch... cuz why not?
>>Dumb Ideologies: Why not turn yourself into a penguin and build an igloo at the centre of the Earth?
Click for Da Funies

RIP Dya

Gormwood
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Gormwood » Sat May 04, 2019 2:31 pm

Thermodolia wrote:
Purpelia wrote:What ever it is about you americans need to get your act together and start forcing vaccinations on people on the pain of having their children taken away.

It's the same country where assholes actually sued states for the right to let their children spread disease.

Purpelia
Post Czar

Founded: Oct 19, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Purpelia » Sat May 04, 2019 2:32 pm

Thermodolia wrote:

It's far less intrusive than a bunch of the stuff that you already (and frankly unjustly) take children away for. For once use that hideous disgusting custom for something useful.
Purpelia does not reflect my actual world views. In fact, the vast majority of Purpelian cannon is meant to shock and thus deliberately insane. I just like playing with the idea of a country of madmen utterly convinced that everyone else are the barbarians. So play along or not but don't ever think it's for real.

The above post contains hyperbole, metaphoric language, embellishment and exaggeration. It may also include badly translated figures of speech and misused idioms. Analyze accordingly.

Chernoslavia
Powerbroker

Founded: Jun 13, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Chernoslavia » Sat May 04, 2019 9:21 pm

Evil Dictators Happyland wrote:
Chernoslavia wrote:And what fresh hell is this where people are being forcefully quarantined whether they have measles or not?

That's... That's what a quarantine is. You keep everyone out of the general population unless and until you are absolutely certain of who does and does not have the disease. This is SOP.

Yes I fucking know what quarantine is, I was in disbelief that it was implemented.
What would things have been like if every security operative, when he went out at night to make an arrest, had been uncertain whether he would return alive? Or if during periods of mass arrests, as for example in Leningrad, when they arrested a quarter of the entire city, people had not simply sat in their lairs, paling with terror at every bang of the downstairs door and at every step on the staircase, but had understood they had nothing left to lose and had boldly set up in the downstairs hall an ambush of half a dozen people with axes, hammers, pokers, or whatever else was at hand? The Organs would quickly have suffered a shortage of officers and transport and, notwithstanding all of Stalin's thirst, the cursed machine would have ground to a halt!

- Alexander Solzhenitsyn

Chernoslavia
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Chernoslavia » Sat May 04, 2019 9:22 pm

Dooom35796821595 wrote:
Loben wrote:What happened to “my body my choice”

It’s not their bodies, it’s their children their bodies. They were given vaccinations by their more responsible parents.

People are advocating for adults, people who are old enough to make their own decisions, to be forced at gun point to take vaccines.
What would things have been like if every security operative, when he went out at night to make an arrest, had been uncertain whether he would return alive? Or if during periods of mass arrests, as for example in Leningrad, when they arrested a quarter of the entire city, people had not simply sat in their lairs, paling with terror at every bang of the downstairs door and at every step on the staircase, but had understood they had nothing left to lose and had boldly set up in the downstairs hall an ambush of half a dozen people with axes, hammers, pokers, or whatever else was at hand? The Organs would quickly have suffered a shortage of officers and transport and, notwithstanding all of Stalin's thirst, the cursed machine would have ground to a halt!

- Alexander Solzhenitsyn

Chernoslavia
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Chernoslavia » Sat May 04, 2019 9:23 pm

Thermodolia wrote:

We're not a democracy anyways.

- Alexander Solzhenitsyn

Chernoslavia
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Chernoslavia » Sat May 04, 2019 9:23 pm

Costa Fierro wrote:
Telconi wrote:
Why? Why do the oh so important rights end when they upset you?

When they endanger public health they do. That is why we tell smokers where they can and cannot smoke.

But you can't tell them to stop smoking.

- Alexander Solzhenitsyn

Chernoslavia
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Chernoslavia » Sat May 04, 2019 9:30 pm

Liriena wrote:
Chernoslavia wrote:
1. Pointing guns at people and forcing them to have fluids pumped into them, you don't see a problem with that?
2. Because it's aweful, the medical services are lack luster and drives up the costs for even the most basic medicines.

1. If it's to prevent the resurgence of noted child-killers like polio? No.
2. Every single country with universal healthcare spends less than y'all do and the majority of "developed" nations with universal healthcare provide better overall care. Sit down.

1. Not surprised you're in favor of forcing your beliefs on others.
2. According to who? The stupid Commonwealth Fund? And reminder that we too have socialized healthcare.

- Alexander Solzhenitsyn

Chernoslavia
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Chernoslavia » Sat May 04, 2019 9:32 pm

Conserative Morality wrote:
Greater vakolicci haven wrote:Yeah let's deny children an education because their parents never got them vaccinated.
I'm quite happy that I don't live in your world, since the only jab I've ever had was prior to removing a tooth.

I'd be much happier if you didn't live in my world, since I enjoy not playing "15th Century Plague Roulette".

And I'd be happier if you didn't live in mine, but I guess we all can't have what we want.

- Alexander Solzhenitsyn

Chernoslavia
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Chernoslavia » Sat May 04, 2019 9:34 pm

Thermodolia wrote:
Chernoslavia wrote:
1. So deny them from going to schools or government facilities. Pointing a gun to their heads and telling them to do so will only make you look bad especially if they don't even have measles. Also, restricting anyone from any human contact just because they haven't got vaxxed is also a human rights violation.

You do realize that mandatory vaccinations doesn’t mean a gun to your head right? Or are you just going to be overly dramatic per the usual?

You do realize that single payer healthcare isn’t the only form of universal healthcare right? Germany has one of the best healthcare systems in the world and it’s not single payer yet it’s universal

1. Don't lie, otherwise how will you enforce mandatory vaccinations unless you use armed force to make people get them?
2. Source please?

- Alexander Solzhenitsyn

Rostavykhan
Minister

Founded: Sep 30, 2017
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Rostavykhan » Sat May 04, 2019 9:36 pm

I guess you could say that it's a pretty measleable state of affairs, eh.

HEHEHEHEHEHE
Last edited by Rostavykhan on Sat May 04, 2019 9:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
LEARN TO HATE ; TOTAL HATRED FOR TOTAL WAR
LIVE, LAUGH, LOVE | FEED, SEED, SNEED

Indig0
Spokesperson

Founded: Dec 07, 2008
Conservative Democracy

Postby Indig0 » Sat May 04, 2019 9:39 pm

People vaccinated against measles can spread measles. It’s a live virus, which means it’s capable of giving the person measles. So even if 100% of people were vaccinated, there would still be measles outbreaks caused by the vaccine.
CA has one of the strictest vaccination laws. There are less unvaccinated people in CA than in other states which still allow philosophical and religious exemptions.
Measles used to be considered as common and harmless as the common cold in the 50s. It’s not a big deal.

Gormwood
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Gormwood » Sat May 04, 2019 10:03 pm

Chernoslavia wrote:
Dooom35796821595 wrote:
It’s not their bodies, it’s their children their bodies. They were given vaccinations by their more responsible parents.

People are advocating for adults, people who are old enough to make their own decisions, to be forced at gun point to take vaccines.

News Flash: The adult antivaxxers are already vaccinated. It's their idiocy in refusing to have their children vaccinated for a variety of inane beliefs that is resulting the Measles Comeback Tour.

Gormwood
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Gormwood » Sat May 04, 2019 10:05 pm

Chernoslavia wrote:1. Not surprised you're in favor of forcing your beliefs on others.

Public health and safety is now merely a "belief" like religion.

Chernoslavia
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Chernoslavia » Sat May 04, 2019 10:06 pm

Gormwood wrote:
Chernoslavia wrote:

News Flash: The adult antivaxxers are already vaccinated. It's their idiocy in refusing to have their children vaccinated for a variety of inane beliefs that is resulting the Measles Comeback Tour.

And what makes you think all anti vaxxers are vaccinated?

- Alexander Solzhenitsyn

Chernoslavia
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Chernoslavia » Sat May 04, 2019 10:07 pm

Gormwood wrote:
Chernoslavia wrote:1. Not surprised you're in favor of forcing your beliefs on others.

Public health and safety is now merely a "belief" like religion.

Not an argument.

- Alexander Solzhenitsyn

Kowani
Post Czar

Founded: Apr 01, 2018
Democratic Socialists

Postby Kowani » Sat May 04, 2019 10:15 pm

Chernoslavia wrote:
Gormwood wrote:News Flash: The adult antivaxxers are already vaccinated. It's their idiocy in refusing to have their children vaccinated for a variety of inane beliefs that is resulting the Measles Comeback Tour.

And what makes you think all anti vaxxers are vaccinated?

https://ourworldindata.org/grapher/the- ... -year-olds

It seems to be a rather large group, considering this is a worldwide scale.
American History and Historiography; Political and Labour History, Urbanism, Political Parties, Congressional Procedure, Elections.

Servant of The Democracy since 1896.

Effortposts can be found here!

Gormwood
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Gormwood » Sat May 04, 2019 10:17 pm

Chernoslavia wrote:
Gormwood wrote:Public health and safety is now merely a "belief" like religion.

Not an argument.

Actually it is. You're the only one who think public health is optional.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General