NATION

PASSWORD

Duterte Threatens War with Canada

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

The Derpy Democratic Republic Of Herp
Post Czar

Founded: Dec 18, 2013
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby The Derpy Democratic Republic Of Herp » Sat Apr 27, 2019 12:28 pm

Aureumterra wrote:
The Derpy Democratic Republic Of Herp wrote:
Trudeau, when he makes the Philippines into the 11th provence. :p

Nah, he’ll probably order to not attack the Filipinos because they have been historical victims and it represents white supremacy for Canadian soldiers to attack brown skinned Filipinos

Nah, he's a Trudeau. People say he won't use the military, he says "just watch me" and does it anyway.

Western Vale Confederacy
Powerbroker

Founded: Nov 09, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Western Vale Confederacy » Sat Apr 27, 2019 12:35 pm

The Derpy Democratic Republic Of Herp wrote:
Aureumterra wrote:Nah, he’ll probably order to not attack the Filipinos because they have been historical victims and it represents white supremacy for Canadian soldiers to attack brown skinned Filipinos

Nah, he's a Trudeau. People say he won't use the military, he says "just watch me" and does it anyway.

Vote for me and I shall lead the newly proclaimed Canadian State to crush the Phillippines!

Post Czar

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby The Derpy Democratic Republic Of Herp » Sat Apr 27, 2019 12:39 pm

Western Vale Confederacy wrote:
The Derpy Democratic Republic Of Herp wrote:Nah, he's a Trudeau. People say he won't use the military, he says "just watch me" and does it anyway.

Vote for me and I shall lead the newly proclaimed Canadian State to crush the Phillippines!

You got my vote

Hurtful Thoughts
Powerbroker

Founded: Sep 09, 2005
Capitalist Paradise

Postby Hurtful Thoughts » Sat Apr 27, 2019 2:23 pm

Evil Dictators Happyland wrote:
Novus America wrote:
Yes, we have an obligation to defend Canada. Which we could do in a hypothetical war between them and Canada by do nothing. We would only be obligated to stop Philippines attacks on Canada, which would not be happening even in a war, because the Philippines has no way to attack Canada.

Defending a place does not require a full invasion of another place.
Sure the US could invade the Philippines but that does not mean we would.

We have a really bad track record of not invading places when we don't have good reasons. Iraq says hi.

That moment when someone leaves a "anonymous tip" to Trump that North Korea is staging ICBMs in the Philipeans.

As for range of CF-18s... they manage to get to Afghanistan just fine.
-KC-135 wave hewo.

As does Canada's Airbus CC-150 Polaris.
Last edited by Hurtful Thoughts on Sat Apr 27, 2019 2:28 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Factbook and general referance thread.
HOI <- Storefront (WiP)
Due to population-cuts, military-size currently being revised

The People's Republic of Hurtful Thoughts is a gargantuan, environmentally stunning nation, ruled by Leader with an even hand, and renowned for its compulsory military service, multi-spousal wedding ceremonies, and smutty television.
Mokostana wrote:See, Hurty cared not if the mission succeeded or not, as long as it was spectacular trainwreck. Sometimes that was the host Nation firing a SCUD into a hospital to destroy a foreign infection and accidentally sparking a rebellion... or accidentally starting the Mokan Drug War

Blackhelm Confederacy wrote:If there was only a "like" button for NS posts....

The Republic of Fore
Ambassador

Founded: Apr 10, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby The Republic of Fore » Sat Apr 27, 2019 2:38 pm

I for one would be happy to see this. It would be very entertaining to see how long it lasts. My guess is a week tops.

Novus America
Post Czar

Founded: Jun 02, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Novus America » Sat Apr 27, 2019 2:39 pm

Hurtful Thoughts wrote:
Evil Dictators Happyland wrote:We have a really bad track record of not invading places when we don't have good reasons. Iraq says hi.

That moment when someone leaves a "anonymous tip" to Trump that North Korea is staging ICBMs in the Philipeans.

-KC-135 wave hewo.

The got there by making intermediate stops and they had a airfield in Afghanistan waiting for them.

They probably carried no weapons during the transit.

Even with air to air refueling the F-18 is not designed to be a strategic bomber.
It is designed for aircraft carriers, which Canada does not have.
Last edited by Novus America on Sat Apr 27, 2019 2:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
___|_|___ _|__*__|_

Zombie Ike/Teddy Roosevelt 2020.

Novus America represents my vision of an awesome Atompunk near future United States of America expanded to the entire North American continent, Guyana and the Philippines. The population would be around 700 million.
Think something like prewar Fallout, minus the bad stuff.

Politically I am an independent. I support what is good for the country, which means I cannot support either party.

Duhon
Senator

Founded: Nov 21, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Duhon » Sat Apr 27, 2019 5:06 pm

Novus America wrote:
Duhon wrote:
Our 1987 Constitution allows for one presidential term only. Gloria got two terms, but that was due to her serving less than four years of her ousted predecessor's term.

Who is likely to replace him?
Hopefully someone a little more sane like Aquino and not another ultra corrupt Beijing puppet like GMA.

Real hard to say so far from 2022, but then again, for Aquino and Duterte alike, public support swelled up in their favor a year before their respective elections, so maybe look for an answer to that question in 2021.

Duhon
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Duhon » Sat Apr 27, 2019 5:07 pm

The Derpy Democratic Republic Of Herp wrote:Nah, he's a Trudeau. People say he won't use the military, he says "just watch me" and does it anyway.

... no.

Western Vale Confederacy
Powerbroker

Founded: Nov 09, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Western Vale Confederacy » Sat Apr 27, 2019 5:11 pm

Duhon wrote:

... no.

Fully transhumanized comfortable bi space Falangism!

Duhon
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Duhon » Sat Apr 27, 2019 6:00 pm

Duhon wrote:
... no.

... no to your Falangist fetish, yes to the rest.

Post Czar

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby The Derpy Democratic Republic Of Herp » Sat Apr 27, 2019 6:26 pm

Zagrepcanin wrote:https://ipolitics.ca/2016/10/24/too-fat-to-fight-cf-considering-tougher-fitness-standards-for-next-mission/

Many Canadians soldiers are to fat to be deployed. The Filipinos would easily conquer Canada if there was no technologial superiority of the canadian millitary. Canada is also a nation without a national indentity so the soldiers would have no moral to fight.

Til 6% is "many".

Also that article was 3 years ago, the problem most likely is solved.

No indenty? My dude we fixed that when we took Vimmy Ridge.

Also the Philippines has no way to invade Canada.

Hurtful Thoughts
Powerbroker

Founded: Sep 09, 2005
Capitalist Paradise

Postby Hurtful Thoughts » Sat Apr 27, 2019 9:11 pm

Novus America wrote:
Hurtful Thoughts wrote:That moment when someone leaves a "anonymous tip" to Trump that North Korea is staging ICBMs in the Philipeans.

-KC-135 wave hewo.

The got there by making intermediate stops and they had a airfield in Afghanistan waiting for them.

Even with air to air refueling the F-18 is not designed to be a strategic bomber.

Even teh Avro Vulcan needed an intense amount of in-air-refueling to make its Falklands-raid.

And a fighter jet burns fuel no faster than a bomber. (well, actually slower)

Also:
In 2011, two CC-150T air-to-air refueling tankers were deployed to support Canadian CF-18 fighter jets enforcing the no-fly zone over Libya under Operation Mobile and Operation Unified Protector

To Libya. And back.
-Forward-based in Italy, tho. But crossing teh Atlantic does also exceed the combat-range of the CF-18.

Point is, whenever you say "range insufficient" anglos say "challenge accepted"

I mean, it IS the same sort of mission FB-111As performed.

Although in all probability they'd likely forward-base off of either Australia, Japan, or Gaum. (from longest distance to shortest)
-Taking off from Alaska alone [Attu Isle] would notch off about 3200 miles [3924 miles as a crow flies, so an 8k miles round trip just like Operaton Black-Buck].

Canada also has this thing called a navy.
Last edited by Hurtful Thoughts on Sat Apr 27, 2019 10:46 pm, edited 16 times in total.
Factbook and general referance thread.
HOI <- Storefront (WiP)
Due to population-cuts, military-size currently being revised

The People's Republic of Hurtful Thoughts is a gargantuan, environmentally stunning nation, ruled by Leader with an even hand, and renowned for its compulsory military service, multi-spousal wedding ceremonies, and smutty television.
Mokostana wrote:See, Hurty cared not if the mission succeeded or not, as long as it was spectacular trainwreck. Sometimes that was the host Nation firing a SCUD into a hospital to destroy a foreign infection and accidentally sparking a rebellion... or accidentally starting the Mokan Drug War

Blackhelm Confederacy wrote:If there was only a "like" button for NS posts....

First American Empire
Diplomat

Founded: Mar 12, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby First American Empire » Sun Apr 28, 2019 12:07 am

Duhon wrote:
... no.

Partially Automated Semi-Luxurious Lesbian Sky Keynesianism!
The American Empire is a socially progressive absolute monarchy run by the heirs of Emperor Norton. It started off at MT but has rapidly advanced to PMT through interdimensional travel. All NSstats are used, except for tax rate and population. Factbooks are currently under reconstruction.

Neanderthaland
Powerbroker

Founded: Sep 10, 2016
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Neanderthaland » Sun Apr 28, 2019 1:30 am

First American Empire wrote:

Partially Automated Semi-Luxurious Lesbian Sky Keynesianism!

Entirely Manual Cozy Heterosexual Land Primitivism.
Ug make fire. Mod ban Ug.

Novus America
Post Czar

Founded: Jun 02, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Novus America » Sun Apr 28, 2019 3:47 am

Hurtful Thoughts wrote:
Novus America wrote:

Even teh Avro Vulcan needed an intense amount of in-air-refueling to make its Falklands-raid.

And a fighter jet burns fuel no faster than a bomber. (well, actually slower)

Also:
In 2011, two CC-150T air-to-air refueling tankers were deployed to support Canadian CF-18 fighter jets enforcing the no-fly zone over Libya under Operation Mobile and Operation Unified Protector

To Libya. And back.
-Forward-based in Italy, tho. But crossing teh Atlantic does also exceed the combat-range of the CF-18.

Point is, whenever you say "range insufficient" anglos say "challenge accepted"

I mean, it IS the same sort of mission FB-111As performed.

Although in all probability they'd likely forward-base off of either Australia, Japan, or Gaum. (from longest distance to shortest)
-Taking off from Alaska alone [Attu Isle] would notch off about 3200 miles [3924 miles as a crow flies, so an 8k miles round trip just like Operaton Black-Buck].

Canada also has this thing called a navy.

The F-111 has a combat radius 4 times larger.
Despite its F designated it actually is a medium bomber.

Black Buck used Vulcan bombers, which have a 2,607 mile combat radius.
Not even remotely similar to the F-18.

Fighters might burn fueled slower, but carry A LOT less fuel in the first place.

The F-18 has a ferry range of 2,000 NM, with NO weapons. So yes it can make it to Italy, maybe with a stop or in air refueling. But it arrives with no weapons. So it NEEDS to land at a base before it can fit fight. Or are you just going to fly by with no weapons?

Attu Alaska has no air base.

Now sure Guam and Australia are closer, but still too far for normal operations.

But then you are using foreign assistance. Point is Canada cannot do it on its own.

And if the US is involved well we actually have strategic bombers and aircraft carriers! So in such a war Canadian F-18s still would not be used. Because there would be much better options.

In theory you could use a sports car, using enough extra trips to carry the same amount of stuff as a semi trailer. But it would obviously be silly to try.

The F-18 is simply not cut out to be a long range strategic bomber.

Canada does have a Navy. With frigates its biggest combatants. Which do not carry land attack missiles. It does not have nuclear powered aircraft carriers.

So still same problem. Completely wrong equipment for the operation, and need for foreign assistance.

Again if you bring the US in they still do not get used, because we have equipment much better suited for the operation.
___|_|___ _|__*__|_

Zombie Ike/Teddy Roosevelt 2020.

Novus America represents my vision of an awesome Atompunk near future United States of America expanded to the entire North American continent, Guyana and the Philippines. The population would be around 700 million.
Think something like prewar Fallout, minus the bad stuff.

Politically I am an independent. I support what is good for the country, which means I cannot support either party.

Mystic Warriors
Minister

Founded: May 10, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Mystic Warriors » Sun Apr 28, 2019 4:14 am

Castelia wrote:>threatens to go to war over garbage
>can't even issue a warning to China over them grabbing territories

Duterte is a Chinese lapdog, and one day he will pay for his treachery.

No he won't.
Proud Trump Hater. Ban Fascism in all its forms. Disagreeing with a comment because you hate who said it is childish.

Pilipinas and Malaya
Minister

Founded: Jun 23, 2017
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Pilipinas and Malaya » Sun Apr 28, 2019 4:55 am

Farnhamia wrote:
Australian rePublic wrote:Several years ago? Did the Philippines have the shits about it at the time? Have they been angry about it since the beginning if? If not, it's a bit late now. But from now on, I can see wherr Dutere is coming from. From what I've heard, Manila's piles of garbage are extremely tall

And these are shipping containers, not piles. They were shipped to be recycled but apparently were contaminated with food. People simply will not rinse out those plastic containers. Duterte is up for re-election next year, I think, though I'm sure that has nothing to do with it.

Well, here in the Philippines there is no such thing as a reelection. There is only one term with 6 years in it. The next presidential and general election is in 2022, while the next general election is this year on May 13.

About the trash piles in Manila, yes, there are. One such (in)famous one is the Payatas Landfill.

Mystic Warriors wrote:
Castelia wrote:>threatens to go to war over garbage
>can't even issue a warning to China over them grabbing territories

Duterte is a Chinese lapdog, and one day he will pay for his treachery.

No he won't.

Well, he isn’t a lapdog, he’s more of a Nationalist who really wants to distance himself from the US, but you could say that he is gravitating towards China.

About China, he did issue a warning during the 2016 election period. He said that he would go on a jetski, go to Scarborough Shoal and plant a Philippine flag on it. But, that plan has since bitten the dust, beause Fidel V. Ramos shot it down by talking with Duterte and making him see the potential repercussions. The Otso Diretso senatorial alliance actually placed a jetski in the town near the Shoal, but I think its just another political move.

So seeing that, and his repeated jokes, I guess this one’s a fake (yet again).
Federative States of Pilipinas and Malaya
Member of Europe

Homepage (leads to other info dispatches)
Accursed, incomplete, self-made map collection of my universe
NS Stats invalid
Yes, my nation does represent a good chunk of my views
Finally got around to dealing with a bunch of canon stuff, expect them to be updated every once in a while. | *inhales copium* In Civ 7, maybe we'll finally get a Filipino civ? | STREAM SEVENTEEN'S FML, OUT NOW

Castelia
Diplomat

Founded: Sep 04, 2015
Benevolent Dictatorship

Postby Castelia » Sun Apr 28, 2019 5:47 am

Pilipinas and Malaya wrote:Well, he isn’t a lapdog, he’s more of a Nationalist who really wants to distance himself from the US, but you could say that he is gravitating towards China.

About China, he did issue a warning during the 2016 election period. He said that he would go on a jetski, go to Scarborough Shoal and plant a Philippine flag on it. But, that plan has since bitten the dust, beause Fidel V. Ramos shot it down by talking with Duterte and making him see the potential repercussions. The Otso Diretso senatorial alliance actually placed a jetski in the town near the Shoal, but I think its just another political move.

So seeing that, and his repeated jokes, I guess this one’s a fake (yet again).

I wouldn't call someone who just gives away his country's territory to a foreign power without a fight a Nationalist. If he is, then he's a Chinese nationalist, not a Filipino one.

That warning was issued when he was still a presidential candidate. Of course he'd say such a thing, in order to garner support. But now that he's president, what has he done to follow up on this campaign promise to fight for our interests in the West Philippine Sea? Absolutely nothing. He keeps talking about how he'll bring up the topic of the Arbitration Ruling with China. For 3 fucking years, he didn't. And when he finally did a few days ago, China basically spat on it. Does Duterte try to insist on its legality? No. He just agreed with his Chinese master and left the matter at that.

At this point in time, I'd actually rate Noynoy Aquino, that massive failure of a President, better than Duterte. At least he had the balls to take on China, albeit diplomatically.

Mystic Warriors wrote:No he won't.

Yes, he will. One day, when the Filipino people realize just how much of a treacherous lapdog he really is.
Last edited by Castelia on Sun Apr 28, 2019 5:49 am, edited 2 times in total.
"They say I'm insane, but take a look at the world and tell me the pleasures of sanity."
My IRL politics are simple: anti-Chinese Communist Party. If a view is anti-CCP, no matter how bad it is, that's my view.

Welcome to the Casteliaverse! | Factbook Repository
A 10.125 civilization, according to this index, and a Class 1 Civilization according to this index.
I DO NOT USE NS STATS. This nation does not represent my IRL views.
This spoiler is a tribute to Vanquaria, whose level of based I aspire to achieve one day.

Castelia
Diplomat

Benevolent Dictatorship

Postby Castelia » Sun Apr 28, 2019 5:57 am

Novus America wrote:
Hopefully someone a little more sane like Aquino and not another ultra corrupt Beijing puppet like GMA.

Dunno, really. As long as its not another one of Duterte's cronies.

I'd vote for anyone as long as they're in Duterte's political opposition.
Last edited by Castelia on Sun Apr 28, 2019 5:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
"They say I'm insane, but take a look at the world and tell me the pleasures of sanity."
My IRL politics are simple: anti-Chinese Communist Party. If a view is anti-CCP, no matter how bad it is, that's my view.

A 10.125 civilization, according to this index, and a Class 1 Civilization according to this index.
This spoiler is a tribute to Vanquaria, whose level of based I aspire to achieve one day.

Pilipinas and Malaya
Minister

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Pilipinas and Malaya » Mon Apr 29, 2019 3:39 am

Castelia wrote:I wouldn't call someone who just gives away his country's territory to a foreign power without a fight a Nationalist. If he is, then he's a Chinese nationalist, not a Filipino one.

That warning was issued when he was still a presidential candidate. Of course he'd say such a thing, in order to garner support. But now that he's president, what has he done to follow up on this campaign promise to fight for our interests in the West Philippine Sea? Absolutely nothing. He keeps talking about how he'll bring up the topic of the Arbitration Ruling with China. For 3 fucking years, he didn't. And when he finally did a few days ago, China basically spat on it. Does Duterte try to insist on its legality? No. He just agreed with his Chinese master and left the matter at that.

At this point in time, I'd actually rate Noynoy Aquino, that massive failure of a President, better than Duterte. At least he had the balls to take on China, albeit diplomatically.

Well, I do agree that Noynoy actually did, in a way confront China, with the UN Arbitration Rule. I also agree that Duterte was garnering support from the disenfranchised Filipino masses. The last time that happened, with Estrada, that failed quite remarkably.

Now, I slightly agree with the statement that he is a Chinese lapdog, and I see that he has let major Chinese investments go through and I can’t think that it was good thing in general that has come from that. I’d see construction firms from China in the news taking quite a few notable projects and the so-called “Kaliwa Dam”, well at least he understands the masses better than most former presidents which were elitists essentially.

Are you Filipino too?
Member of Europe

NS Stats invalid
Finally got around to dealing with a bunch of canon stuff, expect them to be updated every once in a while. | *inhales copium* In Civ 7, maybe we'll finally get a Filipino civ? | STREAM SEVENTEEN'S FML, OUT NOW

The P h i l i p p i n e s
Lobbyist

Founded: Sep 21, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby The P h i l i p p i n e s » Mon Apr 29, 2019 3:40 am

W t f is this shit?
Pederal Na Republikang Bayan Ng
P I L I P I N A S
"Maka-Diyos, Maka-tao, Makakalikasan at Makabansa"
Pangulo Cuerpo

Pilipinas and Malaya
Minister

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Pilipinas and Malaya » Mon Apr 29, 2019 3:41 am

Castelia wrote:
Novus America wrote:

Dunno, really. As long as its not another one of Duterte's cronies.

I'd vote for anyone as long as they're in Duterte's political opposition.

During the 2016 election, I was with Grace Poe. I couldn’t vote, but yeah, I supported her presidential platform.
Member of Europe

NS Stats invalid

Castelia
Diplomat

Benevolent Dictatorship

Postby Castelia » Mon Apr 29, 2019 4:04 am

Pilipinas and Malaya wrote:Are you Filipino too?

Yeah.

Post Czar

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby The Derpy Democratic Republic Of Herp » Mon Apr 29, 2019 6:47 am

The P h i l i p p i n e s wrote:W t f is this shit?

The Royal Canadian Air Force would like to: know your location :p
Last edited by The Derpy Democratic Republic Of Herp on Mon Apr 29, 2019 6:50 am, edited 1 time in total.

Romanian-Slavia
Envoy

Founded: Mar 07, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Romanian-Slavia » Tue Apr 30, 2019 10:42 am

Who the fuck voted him?? and why?
Augustus I the Great, The Father of the Empire wrote:The worst fact about our world is that the most powerful country in the world is a libertarian-looking oligarchy

Long Live to the Emperor!

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General