NATION

PASSWORD

Ahmadinejad critizises Obama

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)
United Dependencies
Postmaster-General

Founded: Oct 22, 2007
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Ahmadinejad critizises Obama

Postby United Dependencies » Thu Jun 25, 2009 7:31 pm

Iran's president has escalated the war of words with Washington, comparing his US counterpart, Barack Obama, to predecessor George Bush.

"Why do you speak so impolitely with this great nation?" Mahmoud Ahmadinejad said at a petrochemical complex's inauguration ceremony in south Iran on Thursday.

"I hope you will avoid interfering in Iran's affairs," he added in the speech broadcast on Iranian state television.

The declared winner of his country's dispute election implied that Obama, being a new president, would still gather "experiences", and urged him to "correct himself".

http://english.aljazeera.net/news/middl ... 50796.html

Not sure how reliable the news network is.

This just looks like an attempt by Iran to get everyone in their country hating the US and all on the same side again.
Alien Space Bats wrote:2012: The Year We Lost Contact (with Reality).

Cannot think of a name wrote:
Obamacult wrote:Maybe there is an economically sound and rational reason why there are no longer high paying jobs for qualified accountants, assembly line workers, glass blowers, blacksmiths, tanners, etc.

Maybe dragons took their jobs. Maybe unicorns only hid their jobs because unicorns are dicks. Maybe 'jobs' is only an illusion created by a drug addled infant pachyderm. Fuck dude, if we're in 'maybe' land, don't hold back.

This is Nationstates we're here to help

Are you a native or resident of North Carolina?

Lizardiar
Minister

Founded: May 21, 2009
Ex-Nation

Re: Ahmadinejad critizises Obama

Postby Lizardiar » Thu Jun 25, 2009 7:33 pm

So, America made the people protest? Just like they say Germany, France and the U.K did?

Or is he mad because, Obama said something 'mean' to him?
Last edited by Lizardiar on Thu Jun 25, 2009 7:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
In all corners of the globe, the free people's slogan is this:
Speak to Fascists in the language of fire! With words of bullets! With sharp wit of bayonets!

Economic Left/Right: 4.38
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -0.41

Geniasis
Powerbroker

Founded: Sep 28, 2007
Ex-Nation

Postby Geniasis » Thu Jun 25, 2009 7:34 pm

This sounds like a job for good old-fashioned pistol dueling. Obama should be able to win, so long as he remembers to channel Andrew Jackson.
Supporter of making [citation needed] the official NSG way to say "source?"

Myrensis wrote:I say turn it into a brothel, that way Muslims and Christians can be offended together.

DaWoad wrote:nah, she only fought because, as everyone knows, the brits can't make a decent purse to save their lives and she had a VERY important shopping trip coming up!

Reichskommissariat ost wrote:Women are as good as men , I dont know why they constantly whine about things.

Euronion wrote:because how dare me ever ever try to demand rights for myself, right men, we should just lie down and let the women trample over us, let them take awa our rights, our right to vote will be next just don't say I didn't warn ou

Dread Lady Nathicana
Retired Moderator

Founded: Antiquity
Ex-Nation

Postby Dread Lady Nathicana » Thu Jun 25, 2009 7:39 pm

http://www.cnn.com/2009/POLITICS/06/25/ ... index.html

Here also, saw earlier.

Iran's President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad on Thursday called the U.S. president inexperienced, compared him unfavorably to President George W. Bush and suggested he apologize for "interfering in Iran's affairs."

Now seriously, Obama may not be my favorite, but last I saw (couple days ago or thereabouts) he was trying his damnedest to stay the hell out of that mess and NOT 'meddle'. Ahmadinejad is one hell of a whack job who needs to come up with a new line, methinks.

Greed and Death
Khan of Spam

Founded: Mar 20, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby Greed and Death » Thu Jun 25, 2009 7:41 pm

Lets all go to Iran and kick his ass. No one insults my president like that.
"Trying to solve the healthcare problem by mandating people buy insurance is like trying to solve the homeless problem by mandating people buy a house."(paraphrase from debate with Hilary Clinton)
Barack Obama

United Dependencies
Postmaster-General

Postby United Dependencies » Thu Jun 25, 2009 7:44 pm

Dread Lady Nathicana wrote:http://www.cnn.com/2009/POLITICS/06/25/obama.iran.ahmadinejad/index.html

Here also, saw earlier.

Iran's President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad on Thursday called the U.S. president inexperienced, compared him unfavorably to President George W. Bush and suggested he apologize for "interfering in Iran's affairs."

Now seriously, Obama may not be my favorite, but last I saw (couple days ago or thereabouts) he was trying his damnedest to stay the hell out of that mess and NOT 'meddle'. Ahmadinejad is one hell of a whack job who needs to come up with a new line, methinks.

That was the part that made me angry. One of the things I like about obama was his staying out of Iran's business. For Ahmadinejad to come up and say this is more than annoying.

Obamacult wrote:Maybe there is an economically sound and rational reason why there are no longer high paying jobs for qualified accountants, assembly line workers, glass blowers, blacksmiths, tanners, etc.

Maybe dragons took their jobs. Maybe unicorns only hid their jobs because unicorns are dicks. Maybe 'jobs' is only an illusion created by a drug addled infant pachyderm. Fuck dude, if we're in 'maybe' land, don't hold back.

Non Aligned States
Minister

Founded: Nov 14, 2004
Ex-Nation

Postby Non Aligned States » Thu Jun 25, 2009 7:46 pm

Dread Lady Nathicana wrote:Now seriously, Obama may not be my favorite, but last I saw (couple days ago or thereabouts) he was trying his damnedest to stay the hell out of that mess and NOT 'meddle'. Ahmadinejad is one hell of a whack job who needs to come up with a new line, methinks.

Ahmadinejad is channeling Hugo Chavez.

Grays Harbor
Post Marshal

Postby Grays Harbor » Thu Jun 25, 2009 7:47 pm

I'm not sure why folk are surprised that this nutjob would be disrespectful towards the US president, regardless who he is. Its what gets him points at home with his equally nutty followers.
Everything you know about me is wrong. Or a rumor. Something like that.

Not Ta'veren

Lunatic Goofballs
Retired Moderator

Ex-Nation

Postby Lunatic Goofballs » Thu Jun 25, 2009 7:49 pm

United Dependencies wrote:
Dread Lady Nathicana wrote:http://www.cnn.com/2009/POLITICS/06/25/obama.iran.ahmadinejad/index.html

Here also, saw earlier.

That was the part that made me angry. One of the things I like about obama was his staying out of Iran's business. For Ahmadinejad to come up and say this is more than annoying.

It's an act of desperation. Pointing to the USA as meddlers in Iranian affairs had gne a long way to keeping the establishment in power over the last 8 years. Before W. declared Iran part of the 'Axis of Evil', they actually had a reformer in office who butted heads with the clergy all the time. That all changed in 2001. Now, the clergy need a demon more than ever and Obama did the most annoying thing he possibly could; Be reasonable.
Life's Short. Munch Tacos.

“Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride!”
Hunter S. Thompson

Molested Sock
Diplomat

Founded: Apr 13, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Molested Sock » Thu Jun 25, 2009 7:52 pm

Non Aligned States wrote:
Dread Lady Nathicana wrote:Now seriously, Obama may not be my favorite, but last I saw (couple days ago or thereabouts) he was trying his damnedest to stay the hell out of that mess and NOT 'meddle'. Ahmadinejad is one hell of a whack job who needs to come up with a new line, methinks.

Quite.
100% 80% of the time.

United Dependencies
Postmaster-General

Postby United Dependencies » Thu Jun 25, 2009 7:54 pm

Dread Lady Nathicana
Retired Moderator

Ex-Nation

Postby Dread Lady Nathicana » Thu Jun 25, 2009 7:55 pm

Non Aligned States wrote:

Put them both, and Kim Jong Il all in the same room together, and just feeeeeeeel the love for America.

(And get overwhelmed with the sheer Stupid present.)

I'm so Ronery / So ronery / So ronery and sadry arone / There's no one / Just me onry / Sitting on my rittle throne / I work rearry hard and make up get prans / but, nobody listens, no one understands / Seems rike no one takes me serirousry / And so, I'm ronery /

Greed and Death
Khan of Spam

Ex-Nation

Postby Greed and Death » Thu Jun 25, 2009 7:57 pm

United Dependencies wrote:Now he is demanding an apology.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/co ... 04596.html

My suggesting for Obama's Apology.
Dear Ahmadinejad,
I apologize for not having enough time to fly over there and kick your ass.
sincerely,
Barack Obama
"Trying to solve the healthcare problem by mandating people buy insurance is like trying to solve the homeless problem by mandating people buy a house."(paraphrase from debate with Hilary Clinton)
Barack Obama

Petalumadom
Political Columnist

Founded: Feb 24, 2007
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Petalumadom » Thu Jun 25, 2009 7:57 pm

Aljazeera is pretty reliable...

and achmed. is a psychopath.

Cannot think of a name
Post Czar

Postby Cannot think of a name » Thu Jun 25, 2009 7:59 pm

Ahmadinejad criticized a sitting US president? This is hardly man bites dog...
"...I have been gravely disappointed with the white moderate. I have almost reached the regrettable conclusion that the Negro's great stumbling block in the stride toward freedom is not the White Citizen's Council-er or the Ku Klux Klanner, but the white moderate who is more devoted to "order" than to justice; who prefers a negative peace which is the absence of tension to a positive peace which is the presence of justice; who constantly says "I agree with you in the goal you seek, but I can't agree with your methods of direct action;" who paternalistically feels he can set the timetable for another man's freedom; who lives by the myth of time and who constantly advises the Negro to wait until a "more convenient season." -MLK Jr.

Dread Lady Nathicana
Retired Moderator

Ex-Nation

Postby Dread Lady Nathicana » Thu Jun 25, 2009 8:00 pm

greed and death wrote:
United Dependencies wrote:Now he is demanding an apology.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/co ... 04596.html

My suggesting for Obama's Apology.
Dear Ahmadinejad,
I apologize for not having enough time to fly over there and kick your ass.
sincerely,
Barack Obama

Heh heh heh ... this, right here. Win. :clap:

Greed and Death
Khan of Spam

Ex-Nation

Postby Greed and Death » Thu Jun 25, 2009 8:03 pm

Cannot think of a name wrote:Ahmadinejad criticized a sitting US president? This is hardly man bites dog...

But this is Barack Obama !!!
Barack Obama

Lunatic Goofballs
Retired Moderator

Ex-Nation

Postby Lunatic Goofballs » Thu Jun 25, 2009 8:07 pm

You know, I think I see Obama's plan;

"You are the Great Satan and we will rise up and destroy you!"

"Well, we certainly have a difference of opinion on that. But I'm willing to discuss those differences."

"But... um... You hate us and want to tear apart our culture to mold us into evil infidels like you."

"Well we clearly don't agree with that, but we have more similarities than differences and we're willing to have a dialogue on the subject."

"GOD DAMN IT!!! You know, just forget it! I fucking hate you, Barack Obama! Fuck! Fuck! Fuck!" *jumps off a cliff*

:D

“Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride!”
Hunter S. Thompson

Brogavia
Negotiator

Founded: Sep 03, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby Brogavia » Thu Jun 25, 2009 8:14 pm

He should challenge him to a duel. Pistols at 10 paces, at dawn.
Playing NS since Jan of 2006

1010102, Unjustly Deleted

Agent of the Timegate, if you expose me I'll kill you

Ferrous Oxide
Ambassador

Founded: Jun 27, 2007
Ex-Nation

Postby Ferrous Oxide » Thu Jun 25, 2009 8:15 pm

I like the way this has made NSGers choose between their love of Obama and their love of Iran.

Lunatic Goofballs
Retired Moderator

Ex-Nation

Postby Lunatic Goofballs » Thu Jun 25, 2009 8:16 pm

Ferrous Oxide wrote:I like the way this has made NSGers choose between their love of Obama and their love of Iran.

Yeah, it's been tough. You think I can get them to agree to a three-way?

Hunter S. Thompson

Allrule
Senator

Founded: Apr 05, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Allrule » Thu Jun 25, 2009 8:18 pm

Dread Lady Nathicana wrote:Image

:rofl: :rofl:
Save the Internet! Protect Net Neutrality!

"Lily? After all this time?"
"Always."
-Albus Dumbledore and Severus Snape, Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 2

Maurepas
Post Czar

Founded: Apr 17, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Maurepas » Thu Jun 25, 2009 8:20 pm

I think its a sign that Ahmadinejad is getting desperate, one of many...

With any luck, maybe Iran wont be a Theocracy much longer, :)

Non Aligned States
Minister

Founded: Nov 14, 2004
Ex-Nation

Postby Non Aligned States » Thu Jun 25, 2009 8:21 pm

Lunatic Goofballs wrote:You know, I think I see Obama's plan;

"You are the Great Satan and we will rise up and destroy you!"

"Well, we certainly have a difference of opinion on that. But I'm willing to discuss those differences."

"But... um... You hate us and want to tear apart our culture to mold us into evil infidels like you."

"Well we clearly don't agree with that, but we have more similarities than differences and we're willing to have a dialogue on the subject."

"GOD DAMN IT!!! You know, just forget it! I fucking hate you, Barack Obama! Fuck! Fuck! Fuck!" *jumps off a cliff*

:D

If this doesn't work on the worst trolls we have here on NSG, why would it work on Ahmadinajed?

Next

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General