NATION

PASSWORD

TDT 4: What the $#@! is a "womxn", anyways?

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

Cekoviu
Post Marshal

Founded: Oct 18, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Cekoviu » Sun Feb 23, 2020 7:33 pm

Grenartia wrote:
Cekoviu wrote:A human being is strictly a biological system, but that is not at all necessary or useful in common parlance when there already exists a perfectly good term. Furthermore, I'm not sure if encouraging plural personalities is the best choice for people with DID (a massive asterisk here, though, as I'm not familiar with the specifics of the disorder - if that actually is considered appropriate by the psychiatric community, disregard that point).

I recommend watching the video Lumi linked. As for the terminology, its a useful way to talk about groups of personalities in one brain, one that shouldn't be abandoned if it allows us to better talk about the phenomenon.

I wouldn't be opposed to referring to a cluster of different personalities as a personality system. Referring to the person in which they are contained as a system is not appropriate or necessary, however.
pro: women's rights
anti: men's rights

Grenartia
Post Czar

Founded: Feb 14, 2010
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Grenartia » Sun Feb 23, 2020 7:33 pm

Salus Maior wrote:
Grenartia wrote:
Which is to say, not at all. Trans women lose to cis women pretty often, and trans men wipe the floor with cis women. The issue is less about how much testosterone one has ever had flowing through their veins, and more about how much currently is. The reason T is considered a performance enhancer, as I understand it, is because it helps maintain more muscle mass than otherwise. Trans women often have less T in their system than even cis women, so they're actually at a disadvantage.

So then would solution be a mandatory measuring of testosterone in the body in order to compete in mens/women's categories?

That seems messy.

I mean, they already measure the testosterone in athletes' bodies, at least at every level that truly matters.
Lib-left. Antifascist, antitankie, anti-capitalist, anti-imperialist (including the imperialism of non-western countries). Christian (Unitarian Universalist). Background in physics.
Mostly a girl. She or they pronouns, please. Unrepentant transbian.
Reject tradition, embrace modernity.
People who call themselves based NEVER are.
The truth about kids transitioning.

Grenartia
Post Czar

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Grenartia » Sun Feb 23, 2020 7:36 pm

Proctopeo wrote:
Grenartia wrote:
I have no idea about anything in the Little community. Not even close to my cup of tea. I don't know what that has to do with Proct's "orbiters" comment, but to him I say it takes one to know one.

I feel as if I struck a nerve. Whups.

Not really, its just pretty funny to see this thread's resident orbiter complaining about orbiters.

Cekoviu wrote:
Grenartia wrote:
I recommend watching the video Lumi linked. As for the terminology, its a useful way to talk about groups of personalities in one brain, one that shouldn't be abandoned if it allows us to better talk about the phenomenon.

I wouldn't be opposed to referring to a cluster of different personalities as a personality system. Referring to the person in which they are contained as a system is not appropriate or necessary, however.

Why isn't it?
Lib-left. Antifascist, antitankie, anti-capitalist, anti-imperialist (including the imperialism of non-western countries). Christian (Unitarian Universalist). Background in physics.

Salus Maior
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Jun 16, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Salus Maior » Sun Feb 23, 2020 7:36 pm

Grenartia wrote:
Salus Maior wrote:
So then would solution be a mandatory measuring of testosterone in the body in order to compete in mens/women's categories?

That seems messy.

I mean, they already measure the testosterone in athletes' bodies, at least at every level that truly matters.

The messy bit that I'm thinking of is when, inevitably, a transperson is rejected from competing in their desired league for having too-much/too little T.
Traditionalist Catholic, Constitutional Monarchist, Habsburg Nostalgic, Distributist, Disillusioned Millennial.

"In any case we clearly see....That some opportune remedy must be found quickly for the misery and wretchedness pressing so unjustly on the majority of the working class...it has come to pass that working men have been surrendered, isolated and helpless, to the hardheartedness of employers and the greed of unchecked competition." -Pope Leo XIII, Rerum Novarum

Proctopeo
Postmaster-General

Founded: Sep 26, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Proctopeo » Sun Feb 23, 2020 7:37 pm

Grenartia wrote:
Proctopeo wrote:I feel as if I struck a nerve. Whups.

Not really, its just pretty funny to see this thread's resident orbiter complaining about orbiters.

I'm an orbiter? How?
Do you even know what that means? And did you really miss an obvious pun?
Last edited by Proctopeo on Sun Feb 23, 2020 7:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Arachno-anarchism || NO GODS NO MASTERS || Free NSG Odreria

Rostavykhan
Minister

Founded: Sep 30, 2017
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Rostavykhan » Sun Feb 23, 2020 7:37 pm

Proctopeo wrote:
Cekoviu wrote:Oh, for fuck's sake. "System"? Are you kidding?

They call it a "system" because these types tend to either have or be orbiters. :^)

Sensible_Chuckle.gif
LEARN TO HATE ; TOTAL HATRED FOR TOTAL WAR
LIVE, LAUGH, LOVE | FEED, SEED, SNEED

Imperial Joseon
Minister

Founded: Dec 13, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Imperial Joseon » Sun Feb 23, 2020 7:38 pm

Proctopeo wrote:
Grenartia wrote:

I'm an orbiter? How?
Do you even know what that means?

Maybe, he meant someone who monitors, since orbit means eye.
Champions - Sporting World Cup 10 (U-18),

Grenartia
Post Czar

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Grenartia » Sun Feb 23, 2020 7:38 pm

Salus Maior wrote:
Grenartia wrote:

The messy bit that I'm thinking of is when, inevitably, a transperson is rejected from competing in their desired league for having too-much/too little T.

I mean, we've already had a cis woman rejected from the Olympics for having too much T.

Nanatsu no Tsuki
Post-Apocalypse Survivor

Founded: Feb 10, 2008
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Nanatsu no Tsuki » Sun Feb 23, 2020 7:44 pm

Grenartia wrote:
Nanatsu no Tsuki wrote:
I thought it was really alter but eh.

I’ve come across these too in people who participate in the Little community. I can’t say I understand the whole “brat/prey/predator” talk when they talk about their Little personas though.

I have no idea about anything in the Little community. Not even close to my cup of tea. I don't know what that has to do with Proct's "orbiters" comment, but to him I say it takes one to know one.

I’m saying that the “system” talk has reminded me of alters and personalities, in Borderline Personality Disorder, but particularly in the Little community because some of their members create different personas.

Procto’s orbiter comment wasn’t what I was commenting on.

As for the sexual fetish comment, for some Littles, believe it or not, sex doesn’t play into it the dynamic. But that has nothing to do with my remark or the topic at hand.
Slava Ukraini
Also: THERNSY!!
Your story isn't over;֍Help save transgender people's lives֍Help for feral cats
Cat with internet access||Supposedly heartless, & a d*ck.||Is maith an t-earra an tsíocháin.||No TGs
RIP: Dyakovo & Ashmoria

Cekoviu
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Cekoviu » Sun Feb 23, 2020 7:47 pm

Grenartia wrote:
Cekoviu wrote:I wouldn't be opposed to referring to a cluster of different personalities as a personality system. Referring to the person in which they are contained as a system is not appropriate or necessary, however.

Why isn't it?

because a person with DID is still a single person, while "system" implies multiple

Luminesa
Khan of Spam

Founded: Dec 09, 2014

Postby Luminesa » Sun Feb 23, 2020 8:16 pm

Grenartia wrote:
Luminesa wrote:I mean that doesn't really sound like a gender identity then. Even if personalities can be different genders, they're all part of one person. Having multiple true gender identities sounds like it would be stressful to manage.

Nobody said being plural was a gender identity. And with plural people, based on what they've told me, its not as stressful to manage as you might think, and many who aren't open about being plural just say they're genderfluid (which isn't at all to imply that all genderfluid people are secretly plural, and I cannot stress that enough).

Imperial Joseon wrote:
Isn't that common in most people? I mean, both men and women have hormones of both genders, thus they act in a way both genders do.

The amount of T in women and E in men isn't significant enough to affect how either acts, and that's if we assume that hormones can dictate how someone acts (influence, perhaps, but conscious control is still a thing people are capable of exercising). However, that has nothing to do with being plural.

Luminesa wrote:There's also the issue that DID is a pretty serious mental disorder that oftentimes results from severe trauma. Turning it into a trendy pronoun could harm people who actually have DID, and could make people think they're also just being trendy.

Grenartia wrote:its also important to note that not all plural people have DID.

Luminesa wrote:DID results when a person has to create another personality to handle certain situations, people, or consequences. It's not like simply behaving one way online and one way offline, it's when a person has to create a whole new other person in their heads, in order to function in their everyday life. It's not super common, and it's not super well-understood, but it exists.

In the plural community, DID systems are often called traumagenic systems, while non-DID systems are known as endogenic systems.

Luminesa wrote:It's rather fascinating, I watched a video of this couple in which both partners have it, and while it was rather confusing, it was enlightening on how some people live with it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ONcWhh-S0uo

I love this channel, btw, and the guy who runs the channel is very sweet, considerate, and thoughtful toward the people he speaks to. This is a good channel to help expose people to individuals living everyday lives with a variety of conditions, such as DID. Not really related to this thread, but since it came up, I had to mention this specific channel.

Neat video, thanks.

Mettaton-EX wrote:lot of people in this thread have clearly never talked to a plural system

Indeed.

Cekoviu wrote:Oh, for fuck's sake. "System"? Are you kidding?

Elaborate.

I'm glad people are watching this video! I don't understand much of the condition myself, but I think hearing people talk about such conditions puts a face to them that we often don't see. In the video, it looks kinda like Max and Scarlett/Amelia definitely have their struggles, but at the same time they're people like us.

I don't understand much of the use of the term "plural" outside of someone with DID, however. I can understand the pathology in that context, a person has personalities to cope with trauma or certain people. It makes sense. A person with BPD also having multiple personalities makes sense. I'm sure there are a couple of other conditions in which people make alternate personalities, in order to deal with trauma. But outside of a medical context, just being 'plural', or identifying as 'plural' seems to be taking attention from people who actually have multiple personalities. I don't like the trend of de-medicalizing terms and putting people with diagnosed conditions like DID or BPD in danger.

The other problem then is that, yes, "genderfluid" and "plural" don't mean the same thing, and thus that doesn't translate over well.
Catholic, pro-life, and proud of it. I prefer my debates on religion, politics, and sports with some coffee and a little Aquinas and G.K. CHESTERTON here and there. :3
Unofficial #1 fan of the Who Dat Nation.
"I'm just a singer of simple songs, I'm not a real political man. I watch CNN, but I'm not sure I can tell you the difference in Iraq and Iran. But I know Jesus, and I talk to God, and I remember this from when I was young:
faith, hope and love are some good things He gave us...
and the greatest is love."
-Alan Jackson
Help the Ukrainian people, here's some sources!
Help bring home First Nation girls! Now with more ways to help!
Jesus loves all of His children in Eastern Europe - pray for peace.
Pray for Ukraine, Wear Sunflowers In Your Hair

Luminesa
Khan of Spam

Founded: Dec 09, 2014

Postby Luminesa » Sun Feb 23, 2020 8:54 pm

Cekoviu wrote:
Grenartia wrote:
Elaborate.

A human being is strictly a biological system, but that is not at all necessary or useful in common parlance when there already exists a perfectly good term. Furthermore, I'm not sure if encouraging plural personalities is the best choice for people with DID (a massive asterisk here, though, as I'm not familiar with the specifics of the disorder - if that actually is considered appropriate by the psychiatric community, disregard that point).
Ayytaly wrote:HOT TAKE: If I funded for a sports/athletic competition that was exclusively for trans, would you support it or protest it and prefer competing with cisgen folk?

Heavily depends on context and specifics.

I think the idea is for the people to eventually, through therapeutic means, connect all of their personalities together to make a single one, and to help them function with that single personality. I'm not sure how, but the idea of the video is more to explore what it's like for a person to live with this disorder, to interact with others, to relax, to manage stress, and to do a lot of things that everyday people do.

Also, DID is the term used now, the previous term was "Multiple Personality Disorder", but this fell out of use more, because DID tends to be more complex than just having different personalities.
Catholic, pro-life, and proud of it. I prefer my debates on religion, politics, and sports with some coffee and a little Aquinas and G.K. CHESTERTON here and there. :3
Unofficial #1 fan of the Who Dat Nation.
"I'm just a singer of simple songs, I'm not a real political man. I watch CNN, but I'm not sure I can tell you the difference in Iraq and Iran. But I know Jesus, and I talk to God, and I remember this from when I was young:
faith, hope and love are some good things He gave us...
and the greatest is love."
-Alan Jackson
Help the Ukrainian people, here's some sources!
Help bring home First Nation girls! Now with more ways to help!
Jesus loves all of His children in Eastern Europe - pray for peace.
Pray for Ukraine, Wear Sunflowers In Your Hair

Grenartia
Post Czar

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Grenartia » Sun Feb 23, 2020 9:33 pm

Imperial Joseon wrote:
Proctopeo wrote:I'm an orbiter? How?
Do you even know what that means?

Maybe, he they meant someone who monitors, since orbit means eye.

That is not what I meant. Also, fixed the pronoun.

Nanatsu no Tsuki wrote:
Grenartia wrote:

I’m saying that the “system” talk has reminded me of alters and personalities, in Borderline Personality Disorder, but particularly in the Little community because some of their members create different personas.

Procto’s orbiter comment wasn’t what I was commenting on.

As for the sexual fetish comment, for some Littles, believe it or not, sex doesn’t play into it the dynamic. But that has nothing to do with my remark or the topic at hand.

Ahhh.

And yeah, lets get off of littles.

Cekoviu wrote:
Grenartia wrote:Why isn't it?

because a person with DID is still a single person, while "system" implies multiple

That's...the point.

Luminesa wrote:I'm glad people are watching this video! I don't understand much of the condition myself, but I think hearing people talk about such conditions puts a face to them that we often don't see. In the video, it looks kinda like Max and Scarlett/Amelia definitely have their struggles, but at the same time they're people like us.

I don't understand much of the use of the term "plural" outside of someone with DID, however. I can understand the pathology in that context, a person has personalities to cope with trauma or certain people. It makes sense. A person with BPD also having multiple personalities makes sense. I'm sure there are a couple of other conditions in which people make alternate personalities, in order to deal with trauma. But outside of a medical context, just being 'plural', or identifying as 'plural' seems to be taking attention from people who actually have multiple personalities. I don't like the trend of de-medicalizing terms and putting people with diagnosed conditions like DID or BPD in danger.

The other problem then is that, yes, "genderfluid" and "plural" don't mean the same thing, and thus that doesn't translate over well.

According to the endogenic systems I've interacted with, their plurality just doesn't meet the criteria to be a disorder. And treating someone who doesn't have a disorder like they have one is quite frankly, counterproductive (as I'm sure many trans people here could attest). If anything, that's a bigger danger than whatever danger (I can't see what possible danger doing so results in) recognizing non-traumagenic plurality poses to traumagenic systems.

Luminesa wrote:
Cekoviu wrote:A human being is strictly a biological system, but that is not at all necessary or useful in common parlance when there already exists a perfectly good term. Furthermore, I'm not sure if encouraging plural personalities is the best choice for people with DID (a massive asterisk here, though, as I'm not familiar with the specifics of the disorder - if that actually is considered appropriate by the psychiatric community, disregard that point).

Heavily depends on context and specifics.

I think the idea is for the people to eventually, through therapeutic means, connect all of their personalities together to make a single one,

That is actually considered to be bad advice by most plural systems. Apparently, many have tried, and utterly failed. Kinda like conversion therapy.

and to help them function with that single personality. I'm not sure how, but the idea of the video is more to explore what it's like for a person to live with this disorder, to interact with others, to relax, to manage stress, and to do a lot of things that everyday people do.

The more productive route, which they say in the video, is for the different personalities to work together in a healthy way that doesn't adversely affect the system as a whole, or unduly burden any one member of it.

Fahran
Forum Moderator

Founded: Nov 13, 2017
Democratic Socialists

Postby Fahran » Sun Feb 23, 2020 10:17 pm

With regard to plurals, while it seems many in the community insist that their multiple personalities do not constitute a disorder because they can function normally within society, the articles I've read suggest that they might not be the most impartial opinions on the matter. One person asserted that she could function well enough to hold down a job but she also mentioned having issues with employment and in social interactions when people found sudden changes in speech patterns and behaviors odd and jarring. I'll try to dig up the article again but I do suspect there's a strong cross-over between undiagnosed or self-diagnosed Dissociative Identity Disorder, Borderline Personality Disorder, Schizophrenia and other mental illnesses and plurals. The strongest argument against these assertions is that plurals are functional but I'm not certain they can be described as consistently functional in the context of a society that provides no space for possession, tulpas, plurals, and the like. It's also important to appreciate that a lot of people who have mental illnesses will often resist diagnosis and treatment even when it's quite obvious to medical professionals that they require it. By accepting plurality as normal and healthy, we might be inadvertently putting these people in a bad situation. The behaviors DI described would certainly suggest dysfunction and disorder to me.
Last edited by Fahran on Sun Feb 23, 2020 10:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

The Xenopolis Confederation
Powerbroker

Founded: Aug 11, 2017
Anarchy

Postby The Xenopolis Confederation » Mon Feb 24, 2020 3:10 am

Grenartia wrote:
The Xenopolis Confederation wrote:

Ah. I see.

Fahran wrote:Is plural even a gender identity? It sounds more like a textbook example of Dissociative Identity Disorder contextualized through the lens of transgender and gender fluid identity.

Auzkhia wrote:It's not inherently, though most people I know with DID are trans/nb. Most headmates may be of a different gender than the "host"

More or less this, though its also important to note that not all plural people have DID. Source: I know a few plural people.

Sorry. I don't know what happened. What I meant to say is that I told xem that I thought neopronouns were silly. Xey did not take that well. I told xem I didn't understand the use for neopronouns. Xey said xey didn't owe me an explanation. Eventually xey said "We don't feel that they/them pronouns describe us adequately." I said "Fair enough I guess, but who's "we." Xey then informed me that xey were a plural "system." I told xem I didn't understand. I forget quite what happened after. It wasn't just that though, it was me generally having more right-wing opinions than them. It was a Communist server, an extremely progressive Communist server. Such that I was the only one there who didn't believe violence against conservatives was morally justified. We disagreed a lot and increasingly more. Eventually I looked at my Discord server list one day to find that server absent from it.
Pro: Liberty, Liberalism, Capitalism, Secularism, Equal opportunity, Democracy, Windows Chauvinism, Deontology, Progressive Rock, LGBT+ Rights, Live and let live tbh.
Against: Authoritarianism, Traditionalism, State Socialism, Laissez-Faire Capitalism, Autocracy, (A)Theocracy, Apple, "The ends justify the means," Collectivism in all its forms.
Nationality: Australian
Political Ideology: If "milktoast liberalism" had a baby with "bleeding-heart libertarianism."
Discord: mellotronyellow

Servilis
Diplomat

Founded: May 07, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Servilis » Mon Feb 24, 2020 5:58 am

http://scp-sandbox-3.wikidot.com/yeoss

so im working on a joke scp draft that critiques 12 year old edgelords on twitter

am i praxis yet

Mettaton-EX
Diplomat

Founded: Sep 24, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Mettaton-EX » Mon Feb 24, 2020 7:17 am

as somebody who is involved in roller derby, the "trans women are destroying sports" fearmongering is utterly bizarre to me. we have no gender-testing requirements beyond self-identification, and it isn't a problem despite being unambiguously a contact sport
THIS ROBOT IS TRANS | AND THERE'S NOTHING YOU CAN DO ABOUT IT | هٰذه الآلة تقتل الفاشيين
(prefer it/its but any pronouns are acceptable)

Proctopeo
Postmaster-General

Founded: Sep 26, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Proctopeo » Mon Feb 24, 2020 7:37 am

Servilis wrote:http://scp-sandbox-3.wikidot.com/yeoss

so im working on a joke scp draft that critiques 12 year old edgelords on twitter

am i praxis yet

that is the cancer that is killing /scp/

rpc gang rpc gang
they also have a better object class system
Arachno-anarchism || NO GODS NO MASTERS || Free NSG Odreria

Ifreann
Post Overlord

Founded: Aug 07, 2005
Iron Fist Socialists

Postby Ifreann » Mon Feb 24, 2020 7:54 am

Mettaton-EX wrote:as somebody who is involved in roller derby, the "trans women are destroying sports" fearmongering is utterly bizarre to me. we have no gender-testing requirements beyond self-identification, and it isn't a problem despite being unambiguously a contact sport

If people are so worried about the potentially unfair advantage of higher testosterone then clearly the answer is to restrict competitive sports to trans people who are on T blockers.
He/Him

beating the devil
we never run from the devil
we never summon the devil
we never hide from from the devil
we never

Hanafuridake
Negotiator

Founded: Sep 09, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Hanafuridake » Mon Feb 24, 2020 7:57 am

Ifreann wrote:
Mettaton-EX wrote:as somebody who is involved in roller derby, the "trans women are destroying sports" fearmongering is utterly bizarre to me. we have no gender-testing requirements beyond self-identification, and it isn't a problem despite being unambiguously a contact sport

If people are so worried about the potentially unfair advantage of higher testosterone then clearly the answer is to restrict competitive sports to trans people who are on T blockers.

I'm 115 lb and have been on a t-blocker for about eight months now, I feel like I'm probably the least likely to have a testosterone advantage.
Nation name in proper language: 花降岳|पुष्पद्वीप
Theravada Buddhist
李贽 wrote:There is nothing difficult about becoming a sage, and nothing false about transcending the world of appearances.
Suriyanakhon's alt, finally found my old account's password

Ifreann
Post Overlord

Iron Fist Socialists

Postby Ifreann » Mon Feb 24, 2020 8:01 am

Hanafuridake wrote:
Ifreann wrote:If people are so worried about the potentially unfair advantage of higher testosterone then clearly the answer is to restrict competitive sports to trans people who are on T blockers.

I'm 115 lb and have been on a t-blocker for about eight months now, I feel like I'm probably the least likely to have a testosterone advantage.

I'm sure you'll make a great linebacker.
He/Him

beating the devil
we never

Cekoviu
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Cekoviu » Mon Feb 24, 2020 8:08 am

Proctopeo wrote:
Servilis wrote:http://scp-sandbox-3.wikidot.com/yeoss

am i praxis yet

that is the cancer that is killing /scp/

rpc gang rpc gang

What in the everloving fuck are you talking about

Ifreann
Post Overlord

Iron Fist Socialists

Postby Ifreann » Mon Feb 24, 2020 8:10 am

Cekoviu wrote:
Proctopeo wrote:that is the cancer that is killing /scp/

rpc gang rpc gang

What in the everloving fuck are you talking about

Competing creepypasta communities.
He/Him

beating the devil
we never

Tinfect
Negotiator

Founded: Jul 04, 2014
Democratic Socialists

Postby Tinfect » Mon Feb 24, 2020 8:13 am

Ifreann wrote:
Cekoviu wrote:What in the everloving fuck are you talking about

Competing creepypasta communities.

Specifically, one 'competing' community that split off from SCP in a reactionary tantrum over the SCP community... having and supporting LGBT people.
Raslin Seretis, Imperial Diplomatic Envoy, He/Him
Tolarn Feren, Civil Oversight Representative, He/Him
Jasot Rehlan, Military Oversight Representative, She/Her

Bisexual, Transgender (She/Her), Native-American, and Actual CommunistTM.

Imperium Central News Network: EMERGENCY ALERT: ALL CITIZENS ARE TO PROCEED TO EVACUATION SITES IMMEDIATELY | EMERGENCY ALERT: ALL FURTHER SUBSPACE SIGNALS AND SYSTEMS ARE TO BE DISABLED IMMEDIATELY | EMERGENCY ALERT: THE FOLLOWING SYSTEMS ARE ACCESS PROHIBITED BY STANDARD/BLACKOUT [Error: Format Unrecognized] | Indomitable Bastard #283
||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||

Auzkhia
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Mar 11, 2010
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Auzkhia » Mon Feb 24, 2020 8:14 am

Salus Maior wrote:
Ayytaly wrote:HOT TAKE: If I funded for a sports/athletic competition that was exclusively for trans, would you support it or protest it and prefer competing with cisgen folk?

That wouldn't solve the problem with physical disparity.

An MtF person would demolish an FtM person just as much as they do with cis women.

Short of dividing the sporting leagues even further, there really isn't a fair solution to any of this. Physicality can't be handwaved like the concept of gender has been.

*struggles to open my estradiol and spironolactone bottles*

Ah man, I can't wait to demolish those poor weak biological females at sport. /s

A side effect of feminizing HRT is losing muscle mass and strength. Even so, I wasn't the most athletic person. Besides, there are countless trans women in women's sports, and they aren't winning. Besides a lot of top tier athletes have so called unfair natural advantages, should Michael Phelps get arm reduction surgery to be more fair to regular humans?
Last edited by Auzkhia on Mon Feb 24, 2020 8:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Me irl. (she/her/it)
IC name: Celestial Empire of the Romans
Imperial-Royal Statement on NS Stats
Factbook Embassy App
Trans Lesbian Non-binary Lady Greco-Roman Pagan Socialist

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General