NATION

PASSWORD

Trans Discussion Thread 4: Transitive Property of Equality

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

Who is your favorite contemporary trans celebrity?

Laverne Cox
4
8%
Natalie Wynn
16
33%
Chaz Bono
0
No votes
Thomas Beatie
0
No votes
Bailey Jay
3
6%
Laura Jane Grace
5
10%
Jazz Jennings
2
4%
Cavetown
3
6%
Kim Petras
4
8%
Other (please comment in the thread)
11
23%
 
Total votes : 48

User avatar
Auzkhia
Postmaster of the Fleet
 
Posts: 27412
Founded: Mar 11, 2010
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Auzkhia » Wed May 22, 2019 3:52 pm

Nanatsu no Tsuki wrote:
Auzkhia wrote:I'm still bisexual but it feels like it has taken a back seat since I am nonbinary trans, because a lot of people define sexuality in relationships with men and/or women.

It feels like all nonbinary people could be considered queer, not just because of their gender, even though genderqueer is a synonym, but sexually queer.

Fellas, is it gay to be nonbinary? Only if you want to label like it. I just say I'm bi, pan, and queer when asked about my sexual orientation.


What feels natural to you? If it all of the above, well, that’s fine.

Like I said, I'm still bisexual, my gender doesn't totally change the way I feel sexual attraction..

I guess except for I cannot be considered gay for liking men and straight for like women. Though I wasn't those, I still was bisexual, I knew years before I questioned my gender. What has changed is how I might be perceived as a transfeminine NB. I don't want to apply queer labels for men, like mlm or Achillean. I think I could claim the labels of sapphic and nblnb. Still attracted to men, but my gender is not at all male.

Honestly, I'm just queer, and I love using it for myself when I need to be breve.
Hello I'm Auzi.(They/them|she/her)
I do not use NS page statistics.
Factbook (Under Construction) Embassies
Transfemme Androgyne demigirl Bisexual. Agnostic atheist, libertarian socialist/An-Com.
Sanders or Warren 2020

User avatar
Nanatsu no Tsuki
Post Overlord
 
Posts: 185903
Founded: Feb 10, 2008
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Nanatsu no Tsuki » Wed May 22, 2019 3:56 pm

Auzkhia wrote:
Nanatsu no Tsuki wrote:
What feels natural to you? If it all of the above, well, that’s fine.

Like I said, I'm still bisexual, my gender doesn't totally change the way I feel sexual attraction..

I guess except for I cannot be considered gay for liking men and straight for like women. Though I wasn't those, I still was bisexual, I knew years before I questioned my gender. What has changed is how I might be perceived as a transfeminine NB. I don't want to apply queer labels for men, like mlm or Achillean. I think I could claim the labels of sapphic and nblnb. Still attracted to men, but my gender is not at all male.

Honestly, I'm just queer, and I love using it for myself when I need to be breve.


Hey, no sweat. I’m bi too. The only difference between you and me is probably that I identify as cisgender female while you identify as queer.
Last edited by Nanatsu no Tsuki on Wed May 22, 2019 3:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Code name: Ratatouille Strychnine
Also: THERNSY!!
Your story isn't over;֍Help save transgender people's lives֍Help for feral cats
Cat with internet access||Heartless, ''transgendered non-binary kawaii Chan'', & a d*ck.||No TGs
RIP: Dyakovo & Ashmoria

User avatar
Khasinkonia
Negotiator
 
Posts: 5540
Founded: Feb 02, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Khasinkonia » Wed May 22, 2019 4:09 pm

Auzkhia wrote:I'm still bisexual but it feels like it has taken a back seat since I am nonbinary trans, because a lot of people define sexuality in relationships with men and/or women.

It feels like all nonbinary people could be considered queer, not just because of their gender, even though genderqueer is a synonym, but sexually queer.

Fellas, is it gay to be nonbinary? Only if you want to label like it. I just say I'm bi, pan, and queer when asked about my sexual orientation.

I’ve always been of the opinion that broad statements regarding nonbinary folks are difficult to make. I always frame it like this: Binary trans folks are physics, nonbinary folks are quantum. Different rules, almost. With genderqueer folks—folks who are consistently neither male nor female—I think sexuality is in sort of a flux. A man in love with a consistantly femme enby would probably read as straight, while a man in love with a consistantly masc enby would probably read as gay, even if both enbies in fact identify as agender and merely present leaning one direction or the other rather than completely neutral. Given that I’m not aware of any sexuality orientation specifically directed at nonbinary people, I think most binary people who’re in love with a nonbinary person are either bi, pan, or straight/gay with an exception made for this specific case. With genderfluid and bigender folks who only have male and female gender identities/aspects of their identity, I’d define their lover as bi, while genderfluid and bi/pan/etcgender folks with any identities distinct from male and female would probably have to be pan/omni. As far as nonbinary people’s sexualities in relative to other lovers, it’s similarly kinda a semantics thing as far as I can tell. A genderfluid person in love with a binary person would probably be either be bi or pan from what I’ve seen, but if said genderfluid person was attracted only to one gender, you’ve got the choice between flip-flopping between saying gay and straight based on their current gender, or saying something like male/female-attracted. Bigender and pangender folks, being simultaneously multiple genders at once, kinda seem forced to be either bi or pan unless you wanna break the gender-space continuum and watch sexuality-time collapse in on itself(don’t get any ideas you cheeky aces). Nonbinary folks outside of the binary with a singular form(agender, demi, etc) seem to be bi and pan in general, but if they’re attracted to only one gender it seems to me that male/female-attracted makes the most sense, while straight and gay are used for purposes of simplicity or just because they feel like it.

That’s just my theorising on the quantum world of nonbinary folks, as I’m just a common ol’ binary lady :p

User avatar
Cappuccina
Minister
 
Posts: 2256
Founded: Jun 05, 2018
Authoritarian Democracy

Postby Cappuccina » Wed May 22, 2019 4:55 pm

Cekoviu wrote:
Cappuccina wrote:Aw.. I like my oven. :(

Liking robots is a fetish, not a sexuality....

No, I've spoken to someone who was specifically attracted exclusively to robots, not humans.

That literally makes zero sense. I'd still say that's a fetish, not a sexuality.
Muslim, Female, Not white..... oppression points x3!!!!
Automobile fan!!! ^_^
Left/Right: -5.25
SocLib/Auth: 2.46

وحاربهم حتى لم يعد هناك فتنة ، والعبادة ستكون كلها لله وحده.

User avatar
Autonomous Cleaner Bot Cleaners
Chargé d'Affaires
 
Posts: 408
Founded: Mar 14, 2019
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Autonomous Cleaner Bot Cleaners » Wed May 22, 2019 5:06 pm

Cekoviu wrote:
Cappuccina wrote:Aw.. I like my oven. :(

Liking robots is a fetish, not a sexuality....

No, I've spoken to someone who was specifically attracted exclusively to robots, not humans.


Well, that just makes sense.

Cappuccina wrote:That literally makes zero sense. I'd still say that's a fetish, not a sexuality.


:eyebrow:
Last edited by Autonomous Cleaner Bot Cleaners on Wed May 22, 2019 5:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
IMPORTANT PRODUCT INFORMATION: While Autonomous Cleaner Bot Cleaners have a smart navigation system that avoids obstacles, the robot may occasionally bump into furniture, objects, pets and ideological assumptions. Therefore, if you have special objects and assumptions that could potentially be damaged by the bumping, remove these objects and assumptions from the room or use boundary markers. Additionally, refrain from looking into laser vision system with remaining eye.

User avatar
Hediacrana
Ambassador
 
Posts: 1076
Founded: Nov 20, 2017
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Hediacrana » Wed May 22, 2019 5:07 pm

Khasinkonia wrote:
Auzkhia wrote:I'm still bisexual but it feels like it has taken a back seat since I am nonbinary trans, because a lot of people define sexuality in relationships with men and/or women.

It feels like all nonbinary people could be considered queer, not just because of their gender, even though genderqueer is a synonym, but sexually queer.

Fellas, is it gay to be nonbinary? Only if you want to label like it. I just say I'm bi, pan, and queer when asked about my sexual orientation.

I’ve always been of the opinion that broad statements regarding nonbinary folks are difficult to make. I always frame it like this: Binary trans folks are physics, nonbinary folks are quantum. Different rules, almost. With genderqueer folks—folks who are consistently neither male nor female—I think sexuality is in sort of a flux. A man in love with a consistantly femme enby would probably read as straight, while a man in love with a consistantly masc enby would probably read as gay, even if both enbies in fact identify as agender and merely present leaning one direction or the other rather than completely neutral. Given that I’m not aware of any sexuality orientation specifically directed at nonbinary people, I think most binary people who’re in love with a nonbinary person are either bi, pan, or straight/gay with an exception made for this specific case. With genderfluid and bigender folks who only have male and female gender identities/aspects of their identity, I’d define their lover as bi, while genderfluid and bi/pan/etcgender folks with any identities distinct from male and female would probably have to be pan/omni. As far as nonbinary people’s sexualities in relative to other lovers, it’s similarly kinda a semantics thing as far as I can tell. A genderfluid person in love with a binary person would probably be either be bi or pan from what I’ve seen, but if said genderfluid person was attracted only to one gender, you’ve got the choice between flip-flopping between saying gay and straight based on their current gender, or saying something like male/female-attracted. Bigender and pangender folks, being simultaneously multiple genders at once, kinda seem forced to be either bi or pan unless you wanna break the gender-space continuum and watch sexuality-time collapse in on itself(don’t get any ideas you cheeky aces). Nonbinary folks outside of the binary with a singular form(agender, demi, etc) seem to be bi and pan in general, but if they’re attracted to only one gender it seems to me that male/female-attracted makes the most sense, while straight and gay are used for purposes of simplicity or just because they feel like it.

That’s just my theorising on the quantum world of nonbinary folks, as I’m just a common ol’ binary lady :p


:lol: I love that. You should be making the queer version of xkcd.

User avatar
Cappuccina
Minister
 
Posts: 2256
Founded: Jun 05, 2018
Authoritarian Democracy

Postby Cappuccina » Wed May 22, 2019 5:22 pm

Autonomous Cleaner Bot Cleaners wrote:
Cekoviu wrote:No, I've spoken to someone who was specifically attracted exclusively to robots, not humans.


Well, that just makes sense.

Cappuccina wrote:That literally makes zero sense. I'd still say that's a fetish, not a sexuality.


:eyebrow:

What? It'd be like calling beastiality or pædophilia a sexuality. It just a weirdo fetish.
Muslim, Female, Not white..... oppression points x3!!!!
Automobile fan!!! ^_^
Left/Right: -5.25
SocLib/Auth: 2.46

وحاربهم حتى لم يعد هناك فتنة ، والعبادة ستكون كلها لله وحده.

User avatar
Hediacrana
Ambassador
 
Posts: 1076
Founded: Nov 20, 2017
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Hediacrana » Wed May 22, 2019 5:40 pm

Cappuccina wrote:
Autonomous Cleaner Bot Cleaners wrote:
Well, that just makes sense.



:eyebrow:

What? It'd be like calling beastiality or pædophilia a sexuality. It just a weirdo fetish.

If that conversation could be had outside of this thread, that would be great.

User avatar
Auzkhia
Postmaster of the Fleet
 
Posts: 27412
Founded: Mar 11, 2010
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Auzkhia » Wed May 22, 2019 5:43 pm

Khasinkonia wrote:
Auzkhia wrote:I'm still bisexual but it feels like it has taken a back seat since I am nonbinary trans, because a lot of people define sexuality in relationships with men and/or women.

It feels like all nonbinary people could be considered queer, not just because of their gender, even though genderqueer is a synonym, but sexually queer.

Fellas, is it gay to be nonbinary? Only if you want to label like it. I just say I'm bi, pan, and queer when asked about my sexual orientation.

I’ve always been of the opinion that broad statements regarding nonbinary folks are difficult to make. I always frame it like this: Binary trans folks are physics, nonbinary folks are quantum. Different rules, almost. With genderqueer folks—folks who are consistently neither male nor female—I think sexuality is in sort of a flux. A man in love with a consistantly femme enby would probably read as straight, while a man in love with a consistantly masc enby would probably read as gay, even if both enbies in fact identify as agender and merely present leaning one direction or the other rather than completely neutral. Given that I’m not aware of any sexuality orientation specifically directed at nonbinary people, I think most binary people who’re in love with a nonbinary person are either bi, pan, or straight/gay with an exception made for this specific case. With genderfluid and bigender folks who only have male and female gender identities/aspects of their identity, I’d define their lover as bi, while genderfluid and bi/pan/etcgender folks with any identities distinct from male and female would probably have to be pan/omni. As far as nonbinary people’s sexualities in relative to other lovers, it’s similarly kinda a semantics thing as far as I can tell. A genderfluid person in love with a binary person would probably be either be bi or pan from what I’ve seen, but if said genderfluid person was attracted only to one gender, you’ve got the choice between flip-flopping between saying gay and straight based on their current gender, or saying something like male/female-attracted. Bigender and pangender folks, being simultaneously multiple genders at once, kinda seem forced to be either bi or pan unless you wanna break the gender-space continuum and watch sexuality-time collapse in on itself(don’t get any ideas you cheeky aces). Nonbinary folks outside of the binary with a singular form(agender, demi, etc) seem to be bi and pan in general, but if they’re attracted to only one gender it seems to me that male/female-attracted makes the most sense, while straight and gay are used for purposes of simplicity or just because they feel like it.

That’s just my theorising on the quantum world of nonbinary folks, as I’m just a common ol’ binary lady :p

Gender and sexualities are overlapping spectra of infinite variation. Being femme and a demigirl, it has changed my perspective on attraction to women and nonbinary people. But I like to say if you're into me, you're not straight, and that I am gay for everyone, even they are meant to be jokes not serious statements.
Hello I'm Auzi.(They/them|she/her)
I do not use NS page statistics.
Factbook (Under Construction) Embassies
Transfemme Androgyne demigirl Bisexual. Agnostic atheist, libertarian socialist/An-Com.
Sanders or Warren 2020

User avatar
Cekoviu
Postmaster-General
 
Posts: 11329
Founded: Oct 18, 2017
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Cekoviu » Wed May 22, 2019 6:25 pm

Cappuccina wrote:
Cekoviu wrote:No, I've spoken to someone who was specifically attracted exclusively to robots, not humans.

That literally makes zero sense. I'd still say that's a fetish, not a sexuality.

If you're exclusively attracted to a specific class of things and/or beings, it is a sexuality. A fetish is an add-on to a sexuality, such as being attracted to women [sexuality] and particularly women with large feet [fetish].
Fun fact: the total insect biomass is estimated to decrease by 2.5% each year. If left unresolved, this could have catastrophic effects on ecosystems around the world.
Torrocca wrote:"Your honor, it was not mein fault! I didn't order the systematic genocide of millions of people, it was the twenty kilograms of pure-cut Bavarian cocaine that did it!"
Liriena wrote:anyone to the left of Pinochet: *exists*

right-wingers: wat about vuvuzelaaa lmao gottem

User avatar
The Xenopolis Confederation
Powerbroker
 
Posts: 7788
Founded: Aug 11, 2017
Anarchy

Postby The Xenopolis Confederation » Wed May 22, 2019 6:49 pm

The Rich Port wrote:I have the opposite problem. Everything makes me cry.

I also cry at the weirdest things and weirdest contexts.

Thanos's chin.

You cried at Thanos' chin?
Dumb Ideologies wrote:I cry almost daily at any inconsequential shit, usually with little or no idea of the reason. Rage uncontrollably and fantasise murder too at similar thresholds. It's not a sign of superior emotional intelligence or depth, as I say, often it's inability to healthily process emotional stimuli.

I regard it as a legitimate weakness and sign of poor self-control and I'd rather it weren't a thing.

Oof. I hope HRT doesn't do that to me. There are times when I get a bit down and I don't know why. If I were on HRT would I be crying at those times? Idk. To what extent did you feel these feelings before HRT?
Cekoviu wrote:My fantasies when angry are about me talking about my real feelings to the person(s) I'm mad at; meanwhile, you're over here talking about murder fantasies. :lol2:

That sounds like a much healthier rage fantasy.
Pro: Liberty, Liberalism, Capitalism, Secularism, Equal opportunity, Direct Democracy, Windows Chauvinism, Psychedelic Rock, LGBT+ Rights, Live and let live tbh.
Against: Authoritarianism, Traditionalism, Non-Market-Socialism, Laissez-Faire Capitalism, Autocracy, (A)Theocracy, Macs, "The ends justify the means," Collectivism in all its forms.
Economic: 0.5
Social: -8
I'm an 18 year old Australian who tries to think about things but fails, as we all do. I'll regret this in 2 years tops.

I think I have gender dysphoria so I'd prefer you use she/her pronouns on me. If not, he/him'll do.

User avatar
Cekoviu
Postmaster-General
 
Posts: 11329
Founded: Oct 18, 2017
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Cekoviu » Wed May 22, 2019 6:53 pm

The Xenopolis Confederation wrote:Oof. I hope HRT doesn't do that to me. There are times when I get a bit down and I don't know why. If I were on HRT would I be crying at those times? Idk. To what extent did you feel these feelings before HRT?

I can't speak for DI, but sometimes I'll be really cheerful and perhaps even laughing, then just suddenly start welling up. With that as the baseline, I'm sure you can imagine what it's like when I'm sad. (Funnily enough, my eyes started watering slightly as I wrote this, with literally no prompting.)
Cekoviu wrote:My fantasies when angry are about me talking about my real feelings to the person(s) I'm mad at; meanwhile, you're over here talking about murder fantasies. :lol2:

That sounds like a much healthier rage fantasy.

I guess, but it's also indicative of how much of a pushover I am, since I only actually tell people when I'm mad at them in my fantasies. That's not very healthy either, although it's definitely less intense than murder fantasies by a huge amount.
Fun fact: the total insect biomass is estimated to decrease by 2.5% each year. If left unresolved, this could have catastrophic effects on ecosystems around the world.
Torrocca wrote:"Your honor, it was not mein fault! I didn't order the systematic genocide of millions of people, it was the twenty kilograms of pure-cut Bavarian cocaine that did it!"
Liriena wrote:anyone to the left of Pinochet: *exists*

right-wingers: wat about vuvuzelaaa lmao gottem

User avatar
The Xenopolis Confederation
Powerbroker
 
Posts: 7788
Founded: Aug 11, 2017
Anarchy

Postby The Xenopolis Confederation » Wed May 22, 2019 7:05 pm

Cekoviu wrote:
The Xenopolis Confederation wrote:Oof. I hope HRT doesn't do that to me. There are times when I get a bit down and I don't know why. If I were on HRT would I be crying at those times? Idk. To what extent did you feel these feelings before HRT?

I can't speak for DI, but sometimes I'll be really cheerful and perhaps even laughing, then just suddenly start welling up. With that as the baseline, I'm sure you can imagine what it's like when I'm sad. (Funnily enough, my eyes started watering slightly as I wrote this, with literally no prompting.)
That sounds like a much healthier rage fantasy.

I guess, but it's also indicative of how much of a pushover I am, since I only actually tell people when I'm mad at them in my fantasies. That's not very healthy either, although it's definitely less intense than murder fantasies by a huge amount.

Were you experiencing that emotional instability prior to taking HRT?
Pro: Liberty, Liberalism, Capitalism, Secularism, Equal opportunity, Direct Democracy, Windows Chauvinism, Psychedelic Rock, LGBT+ Rights, Live and let live tbh.
Against: Authoritarianism, Traditionalism, Non-Market-Socialism, Laissez-Faire Capitalism, Autocracy, (A)Theocracy, Macs, "The ends justify the means," Collectivism in all its forms.
Economic: 0.5
Social: -8
I'm an 18 year old Australian who tries to think about things but fails, as we all do. I'll regret this in 2 years tops.

I think I have gender dysphoria so I'd prefer you use she/her pronouns on me. If not, he/him'll do.

User avatar
The Rich Port
Post Czar
 
Posts: 35674
Founded: Jul 29, 2008
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby The Rich Port » Wed May 22, 2019 7:09 pm

The Xenopolis Confederation wrote:
The Rich Port wrote:I have the opposite problem. Everything makes me cry.

I also cry at the weirdest things and weirdest contexts.

Thanos's chin.

You cried at Thanos' chin?
Dumb Ideologies wrote:I cry almost daily at any inconsequential shit, usually with little or no idea of the reason. Rage uncontrollably and fantasise murder too at similar thresholds. It's not a sign of superior emotional intelligence or depth, as I say, often it's inability to healthily process emotional stimuli.

I regard it as a legitimate weakness and sign of poor self-control and I'd rather it weren't a thing.

Oof. I hope HRT doesn't do that to me. There are times when I get a bit down and I don't know why. If I were on HRT would I be crying at those times? Idk. To what extent did you feel these feelings before HRT?
Cekoviu wrote:My fantasies when angry are about me talking about my real feelings to the person(s) I'm mad at; meanwhile, you're over here talking about murder fantasies. :lol2:

That sounds like a much healthier rage fantasy.


Yes.

I also cried at that one episode of Futurama where Fry's dog waits for him ._.
LAUGH, AND GROW FAT
FIRE. IF IT TAKES YOU TO BURN.
FIRE. IF IT TAKES YOU TO LEARN.
FIRE. TO DESTROY ALL YOU'VE DONE.
FIRE. TO DESTROY ALL YOU'VE BECOME.
THOSE THAT SOW THORNS SHOULD NOT EXPECT FLOWERS.
YOU NEVER KNOW JUST HOW YOU LOOK THROUGH OTHER PEOPLE'S EYES.

Tracking | History | Factbook | Dharma
Economic Report | Regional Forum | Political Compass
CAPINTERN | OMSA | OZZY | PACT | APAC
Summary | Vanguard | The Book Of Sue
THE BILLION BIT BRONY
AHAHAHAHA PONY PONY PONY PONYYY


LOVEWHOYOUARE~


User avatar
Cekoviu
Postmaster-General
 
Posts: 11329
Founded: Oct 18, 2017
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Cekoviu » Wed May 22, 2019 7:24 pm

The Xenopolis Confederation wrote:
Cekoviu wrote:I can't speak for DI, but sometimes I'll be really cheerful and perhaps even laughing, then just suddenly start welling up. With that as the baseline, I'm sure you can imagine what it's like when I'm sad. (Funnily enough, my eyes started watering slightly as I wrote this, with literally no prompting.)

I guess, but it's also indicative of how much of a pushover I am, since I only actually tell people when I'm mad at them in my fantasies. That's not very healthy either, although it's definitely less intense than murder fantasies by a huge amount.

Were you experiencing that emotional instability prior to taking HRT?

Absolutely not. It's not constant, though, as I experience more of a cyclical, PMS-like change in emotions. That doesn't happen to all trans women, but that's what I experience.
Fun fact: the total insect biomass is estimated to decrease by 2.5% each year. If left unresolved, this could have catastrophic effects on ecosystems around the world.
Torrocca wrote:"Your honor, it was not mein fault! I didn't order the systematic genocide of millions of people, it was the twenty kilograms of pure-cut Bavarian cocaine that did it!"
Liriena wrote:anyone to the left of Pinochet: *exists*

right-wingers: wat about vuvuzelaaa lmao gottem

User avatar
First American Empire
Diplomat
 
Posts: 789
Founded: Mar 12, 2019
Iron Fist Socialists

Postby First American Empire » Wed May 22, 2019 10:21 pm

Internationalist Bastard wrote:
Cekoviu wrote:Pansexual means you're attracted to all genders, but not everything that exists.

See there kinda falls my point. Like does pan cover my attraction to Garrus Vakerian?


Millions of people are attracted to Garrus Vakarian, including people of every sexual orientation label that includes being attracted to men. It's not specific to pansexual people. (I'm not attracted to Garrus since I'm only attracted to women. I am attracted to Tali'Zorah though, enough that I'm willing to give up playing as FemShep to romance her.)
The American Empire is a socially progressive and strongly anti-nationalist absolute monarchy ruled by the heirs of Emperor Norton.

This nation doesn't reflect my political views on many issues, especially monarchism and foreign policy. I'm an ordinary social democrat in real life.

User avatar
Hanafuridake
Senator
 
Posts: 3686
Founded: Sep 09, 2018
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Hanafuridake » Wed May 22, 2019 11:11 pm

Internationalist Bastard wrote:
Cekoviu wrote:Pansexual means you're attracted to all genders, but not everything that exists.

See there kinda falls my point. Like does pan cover my attraction to Garrus Vakerian?


Image
Time traveling Heian princess trapped in the 21st century
Buddhist Nationalist, Pan-Asianist, Neo-Confucian, Economic Collectivist

User avatar
Khasinkonia
Negotiator
 
Posts: 5540
Founded: Feb 02, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Khasinkonia » Thu May 23, 2019 8:06 am

Hediacrana wrote:
Khasinkonia wrote:I’ve always been of the opinion that broad statements regarding nonbinary folks are difficult to make. I always frame it like this: Binary trans folks are physics, nonbinary folks are quantum. Different rules, almost. With genderqueer folks—folks who are consistently neither male nor female—I think sexuality is in sort of a flux. A man in love with a consistantly femme enby would probably read as straight, while a man in love with a consistantly masc enby would probably read as gay, even if both enbies in fact identify as agender and merely present leaning one direction or the other rather than completely neutral. Given that I’m not aware of any sexuality orientation specifically directed at nonbinary people, I think most binary people who’re in love with a nonbinary person are either bi, pan, or straight/gay with an exception made for this specific case. With genderfluid and bigender folks who only have male and female gender identities/aspects of their identity, I’d define their lover as bi, while genderfluid and bi/pan/etcgender folks with any identities distinct from male and female would probably have to be pan/omni. As far as nonbinary people’s sexualities in relative to other lovers, it’s similarly kinda a semantics thing as far as I can tell. A genderfluid person in love with a binary person would probably be either be bi or pan from what I’ve seen, but if said genderfluid person was attracted only to one gender, you’ve got the choice between flip-flopping between saying gay and straight based on their current gender, or saying something like male/female-attracted. Bigender and pangender folks, being simultaneously multiple genders at once, kinda seem forced to be either bi or pan unless you wanna break the gender-space continuum and watch sexuality-time collapse in on itself(don’t get any ideas you cheeky aces). Nonbinary folks outside of the binary with a singular form(agender, demi, etc) seem to be bi and pan in general, but if they’re attracted to only one gender it seems to me that male/female-attracted makes the most sense, while straight and gay are used for purposes of simplicity or just because they feel like it.

That’s just my theorising on the quantum world of nonbinary folks, as I’m just a common ol’ binary lady :p


:lol: I love that. You should be making the queer version of xkcd.

Welllllllll... I do happen to have a tumblr, a drawing pad, and plenty of time so maybe I just might. I'll post a link if I ever feel like actually trying it out :p

User avatar
Cappuccina
Minister
 
Posts: 2256
Founded: Jun 05, 2018
Authoritarian Democracy

Postby Cappuccina » Thu May 23, 2019 8:32 am

Cekoviu wrote:
Cappuccina wrote:That literally makes zero sense. I'd still say that's a fetish, not a sexuality.

If you're exclusively attracted to a specific class of things and/or beings, it is a sexuality. A fetish is an add-on to a sexuality, such as being attracted to women [sexuality] and particularly women with large feet [fetish].

I was gonna say it, but let me not. This thread's just gotten back to being rather calm. I'll just say I strongly disagree, and leave it at that.
Muslim, Female, Not white..... oppression points x3!!!!
Automobile fan!!! ^_^
Left/Right: -5.25
SocLib/Auth: 2.46

وحاربهم حتى لم يعد هناك فتنة ، والعبادة ستكون كلها لله وحده.

User avatar
The Rich Port
Post Czar
 
Posts: 35674
Founded: Jul 29, 2008
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby The Rich Port » Thu May 23, 2019 9:08 am

Cappuccina wrote:
Cekoviu wrote:If you're exclusively attracted to a specific class of things and/or beings, it is a sexuality. A fetish is an add-on to a sexuality, such as being attracted to women [sexuality] and particularly women with large feet [fetish].

I was gonna say it, but let me not. This thread's just gotten back to being rather calm. I'll just say I strongly disagree, and leave it at that.


You strongly disagree out of willful ignorance to psychological research.

It's a fairly simple distinction and it stands to logic.

Maybe if you contested it on those grounds instead of resorting to emotional or illogical arguments.
LAUGH, AND GROW FAT
FIRE. IF IT TAKES YOU TO BURN.
FIRE. IF IT TAKES YOU TO LEARN.
FIRE. TO DESTROY ALL YOU'VE DONE.
FIRE. TO DESTROY ALL YOU'VE BECOME.
THOSE THAT SOW THORNS SHOULD NOT EXPECT FLOWERS.
YOU NEVER KNOW JUST HOW YOU LOOK THROUGH OTHER PEOPLE'S EYES.

Tracking | History | Factbook | Dharma
Economic Report | Regional Forum | Political Compass
CAPINTERN | OMSA | OZZY | PACT | APAC
Summary | Vanguard | The Book Of Sue
THE BILLION BIT BRONY
AHAHAHAHA PONY PONY PONY PONYYY


LOVEWHOYOUARE~


User avatar
Cappuccina
Minister
 
Posts: 2256
Founded: Jun 05, 2018
Authoritarian Democracy

Postby Cappuccina » Thu May 23, 2019 9:17 am

The Rich Port wrote:
Cappuccina wrote:I was gonna say it, but let me not. This thread's just gotten back to being rather calm. I'll just say I strongly disagree, and leave it at that.


You strongly disagree out of willful ignorance to psychological research.

It's a fairly simple distinction and it stands to logic.

Maybe if you contested it on those grounds instead of resorting to emotional or illogical arguments.

I have yet to become emotional about anything here, you can rest assured I'll continue my deadpan commentary and posting.

As I said, I'm dropping the topic because if I say what I want to say, it will be quite disruptive to the nice smooth vibe we have here and I'd rather not do that. I'll agree to disagree on this one, simple as that.
Muslim, Female, Not white..... oppression points x3!!!!
Automobile fan!!! ^_^
Left/Right: -5.25
SocLib/Auth: 2.46

وحاربهم حتى لم يعد هناك فتنة ، والعبادة ستكون كلها لله وحده.

User avatar
Des-Bal
Postmaster of the Fleet
 
Posts: 28722
Founded: Jan 24, 2010
Compulsory Consumerist State

Postby Des-Bal » Thu May 23, 2019 9:26 am

The Rich Port wrote:
You strongly disagree out of willful ignorance to psychological research.

It's a fairly simple distinction and it stands to logic.

Maybe if you contested it on those grounds instead of resorting to emotional or illogical arguments.


Why don't you present that research? That definition would by the by seem to imply that bestiality, pedophilia, and all other sorts of attractions fall under the same umbrella. It also falls apart on it's face because of the word "exclusive."

Sexuality should be understood as the sex a person's attracted to, not the gender, species, or whether they fail to read captchas.
Last edited by Des-Bal on Thu May 23, 2019 9:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
Welcome to the internet, our men are men, our women are men, our children are FBI agents.

Founding Member The Sovereign League

Red Eclipse Executive Slave Traders: Anonymity Guarantee

User avatar
Cekoviu
Postmaster-General
 
Posts: 11329
Founded: Oct 18, 2017
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Cekoviu » Thu May 23, 2019 9:30 am

Des-Bal wrote:
The Rich Port wrote:
You strongly disagree out of willful ignorance to psychological research.

It's a fairly simple distinction and it stands to logic.

Maybe if you contested it on those grounds instead of resorting to emotional or illogical arguments.


Why don't you present that research but it would seem to imply that bestiality, pedophilia, and all other sorts of attractions. It also falls apart on it's face because of the word "exclusive."

Sexuality should be understood as the sex a person's attracted to, not the gender, species, or whether they fail to read captchas.

Except that's not how it works in practice. Immediate sexual attraction is based on gender presentation, not the sex of a person. And I don't see how a definition including "exclusive" would be unusable.
Fun fact: the total insect biomass is estimated to decrease by 2.5% each year. If left unresolved, this could have catastrophic effects on ecosystems around the world.
Torrocca wrote:"Your honor, it was not mein fault! I didn't order the systematic genocide of millions of people, it was the twenty kilograms of pure-cut Bavarian cocaine that did it!"
Liriena wrote:anyone to the left of Pinochet: *exists*

right-wingers: wat about vuvuzelaaa lmao gottem

User avatar
Cappuccina
Minister
 
Posts: 2256
Founded: Jun 05, 2018
Authoritarian Democracy

Postby Cappuccina » Thu May 23, 2019 9:35 am

Des-Bal wrote:
The Rich Port wrote:
You strongly disagree out of willful ignorance to psychological research.

It's a fairly simple distinction and it stands to logic.

Maybe if you contested it on those grounds instead of resorting to emotional or illogical arguments.


Why don't you present that research? That definition would by the by seem to imply that bestiality, pedophilia, and all other sorts of attractions fall under the same umbrella. It also falls apart on it's face because of the word "exclusive."

Sexuality should be understood as the sex a person's attracted to, not the gender, species, or whether they fail to read captchas.


Thanks, but can we please not. This is gonna get ugly. Besides I'm pretty sure discussion of zoophilia is quite the taboo on NSG.
Muslim, Female, Not white..... oppression points x3!!!!
Automobile fan!!! ^_^
Left/Right: -5.25
SocLib/Auth: 2.46

وحاربهم حتى لم يعد هناك فتنة ، والعبادة ستكون كلها لله وحده.

User avatar
Des-Bal
Postmaster of the Fleet
 
Posts: 28722
Founded: Jan 24, 2010
Compulsory Consumerist State

Postby Des-Bal » Thu May 23, 2019 9:42 am

Cekoviu wrote:Except that's not how it works in practice. Immediate sexual attraction is based on gender presentation, not the sex of a person. And I don't see how a definition including "exclusive" would be unusable.



I disagree, attraction is based on the sex or at least the apparent sex, the latter can be effected by gender presentation but that's not really the decider. Supposing Jason Momoa wore a skirt, used female pronouns, and did traditionally feminine things. A man who saw a picture of that six and a half foot tall pile of muscle and testerone and was aroused would be experiencing a homosexual attraction.


You can't really have "exclusive" work when people are attracted to so many things and nothing at all uggesting people can only be attrated to one. With non-binary genders and non-gender categories you're not going to have any ability to categorize anything. A man attracted exclusively to robots is a robosexual, if it's exclusively male robots its homorobosexual if it's human women but male robots it's hetero homorobosexual. Unless of course being interested in both humans and robot means it's not exclusive and isn't a sexuality which would probably be hard to break to bisexuals.
Last edited by Des-Bal on Thu May 23, 2019 9:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
Welcome to the internet, our men are men, our women are men, our children are FBI agents.

Founding Member The Sovereign League

Red Eclipse Executive Slave Traders: Anonymity Guarantee

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Austria-Bohemia-Hungary, Bombadil, Duhon, Dumb Ideologies, Free Arabian Nation, Genivaria, Greater vakolicci haven, Ifreann, Imperial Belovillan, Infected Mushroom, Juristonia, Miami Shores, MSN [Bot], Ostroeuropa, Risottia, Satuga, Senkaku, Shamhnan Insir, Shrillland, Souseiseki, The Andromeda Archipelago, The Blaatschapen, The Republic Of Cassadia, Zurkerx

Advertisement

Remove ads