Page 63 of 142

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2019 6:16 pm
by Des-Bal
Necroghastia wrote:
First off, I believe I also asked you to source that this was indeed the origin of the term. Second off, that still does not explain jack, diddly, or shit. Why was this the reference used? Why was the term created in the first place? What is the original definition, and how in all hell does it not play a role in the connotations of the slur?


I was going to answer this post exclusively in old quote but no. Take it up with the time lord.

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2019 6:16 pm
by Torrocca
Des-Bal wrote:
Torrocca wrote:
Your argument about "diznod" or whatever's a bullshit non-sequitur, and you know it.


Holy fuck, yes they were, and that's blindingly obvious from the context of the Akbar meme and the very definition of "trap" that you keep deliberately ignoring. There's literally no good context to calling somebody a trap, cis or trans. It's a slur.


A non-sequitur is something that does not logically follow. I laid out the logic. I walked with you, hand in hand, down the road of exactly why the fact someone announcing a word would offend them directly before they were called the word takes weight from the idea the word is typically or even often used to offend. If it doesn't follow it's not because it wasn't connected it's because you got lost.


And this "diznod" bullshit doesn't logically follow what-so-fucking-ever, since you're arguing a fake word to be of the same weight as a slur.

No they weren't and no it's not.


Yes they were, and yes it is.

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2019 6:18 pm
by Hanafuridake
When we've really reached the point where a trans person is being accused of faking hate comments against themselves, despite the fact that the mods would have seen right through it.

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2019 6:19 pm
by Necroghastia
Des-Bal wrote:
Necroghastia wrote:
First off, I believe I also asked you to source that this was indeed the origin of the term. Second off, that still does not explain jack, diddly, or shit. Why was this the reference used? Why was the term created in the first place? What is the original definition, and how in all hell does it not play a role in the connotations of the slur?


I was going to answer this post exclusively in old quote but no. Take it up with the time lord.


SO in other words, you don't have a good answer and are just wasting everybody's time.

Both myself and Torrocca have laid out logic and facts, but all you've done is vague dismissals and "nuh-uhs!" while refusing to actually engage in any meaningful or substantial way.

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2019 6:20 pm
by The Rich Port
Hanafuridake wrote:When we've really reached the point where a trans person is being accused of faking hate comments against themselves, despite the fact that the mods would have seen right through it.


The lengths some people will go to to not be wrong. :roll:

And this from a guy that "doesn't care".

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2019 6:20 pm
by The Xenopolis Confederation
Proctopeo wrote:
The Xenopolis Confederation wrote:That formatting gives me a headache.

Bold full caps is cruise control for cool

It's cruise control for ouch.

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2019 6:21 pm
by Des-Bal
Torrocca wrote:
And this "diznod" bullshit doesn't logically follow what-so-fucking-ever, since you're arguing a fake word to be of the same weight as a slur.


Yes they were, and yes it is.


Sure it does, walk with me again.
See the post linked in the r/drama thread featured a transgender person angrily declaring they weren't a trap whereupon it was pointed out that nobody called them a trap and that traps weren't transgender people. I'm less impressed by that because if she said "don't call me a diznod" dollars to doughnuts someone was going to reply "fuck you you fucking diznod." Diznod is not a slur. Diznod is not offensive. Diznod is not a word.
See? If you say "don't say that I'm offended by it" you're probably about to get called that even if it's not a slur, even if it's not offensive, even if it's not a real word.

Still no and if you'd like to bring that guy here I'll tell it to him to. You said yu-huh, I said present "evidence", and you said yu-huh and then looked for other people saying yu-huh.

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2019 6:22 pm
by NERVUN
On a trawl. Hang on.

Edit: Hrmmm... Ok, I'm going to say I didn't find anything that went over the line. The key word being over. Proctopeo and Torrocca however, you people are right ON that line. The heat needs to be dialed back quite a bit. I'm calling a 30 minute coffee break on this thread. Go get yourself a cup of your favorite beverage, take some deep breaths, yoga, yogurt, whatever it takes to let it go (Even if it is playing Let it Go) and come back at 5 past the hour when I will ask that the tempers be cooled and any accusations of puppetry be shelved.

Edit the second: Ok, thread reopen. Please proceed carefully following all the forum rules.

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2019 7:09 pm
by The Xenopolis Confederation
Let's keep it civil, folks. We're all human, let's act like it.

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2019 7:16 pm
by Cekoviu
While I don't wish to reignite the argument, I would just like to note that I also received a telegram from the same nation roughly to the same effect (though it used "tranny" as opposed to "trap" and had a lovely addendum that I should kill myself). Unfortunately, I reported it and then deleted it before screenshotting, because I didn't want it to clog up my minimally sized mailbox.
So you can add that to the group of people who received a threatening message.
Anyway, I'd prefer to abandon this topic and instead discuss emotions and hormones. Estrogen made me way more emotionally sensitive, but what are the effects like for people taking testosterone? Do you feel like you have less emotions, or are you just less prone to their physical manifestation?

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2019 7:22 pm
by NERVUN
Cekoviu wrote:While I don't wish to reignite the argument, I would just like to note that I also received a telegram from the same nation roughly to the same effect (though it used "tranny" as opposed to "trap" and had a lovely addendum that I should kill myself). Unfortunately, I reported it and then deleted it before screenshotting, because I didn't want it to clog up my minimally sized mailbox.
So you can add that to the group of people who received a threatening message.
Anyway, I'd prefer to abandon this topic and instead discuss emotions and hormones. Estrogen made me way more emotionally sensitive, but what are the effects like for people taking testosterone? Do you feel like you have less emotions, or are you just less prone to their physical manifestation?

Yes, let's not.

As a statement, that nation had been reported and DEAT'ed as an obvious troll account. Any further information is not something we can comment on under site rules so please let it lie.

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2019 7:38 pm
by Farnhamia
Drongonia wrote:
Proctopeo wrote:I'm not surprised that you've been ignored and dismissed on that point tbh. It's easier to ignore hard questions and act as if they were never asked in the first place.


RP, learn to divide posts so I know what the hell you're actually responding to.

Though with what I can discern, that goes back to the point I established at the end - if they want me to excise the word from my vocabulary, even if they aren't remotely present, they should be cut off like a dead weight. Such controlling toxicity deserves no place in my presence. Sure, I likely will suspend usage in their presence (accompanied by a reduction in discussion with them in general, of course, since that itself is pretty toxic too), but not universally.


This entirely ^^^^ Anyway I have stuff to do. Gotta go to work since it's about 7:30 over here. Have a good day all you NSers, traps or otherwise. ;)

*** Warned for trolling ***

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2019 7:47 pm
by Cappuccina
The Xenopolis Confederation wrote:Let's keep it civil, folks. We're all human, let's act like it.

Yes, please let's stay out of our feelings. It's just the internet.

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2019 8:02 pm
by Drongonia
Farnhamia wrote:
Drongonia wrote:
This entirely ^^^^ Anyway I have stuff to do. Gotta go to work since it's about 7:30 over here. Have a good day all you NSers, traps or otherwise. ;)

*** Warned for trolling ***


One snarky comment = trolling. Gotcha

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2019 8:10 pm
by The Xenopolis Confederation
Cappuccina wrote:
The Xenopolis Confederation wrote:Let's keep it civil, folks. We're all human, let's act like it.

Yes, please let's stay out of our feelings. It's just the internet.

Stay out of our feelings?

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2019 8:30 pm
by Felt Karpit
Cekoviu wrote:Anyway, I'd prefer to abandon this topic and instead discuss emotions and hormones. Estrogen made me way more emotionally sensitive, but what are the effects like for people taking testosterone? Do you feel like you have less emotions, or are you just less prone to their physical manifestation?


I've been on testosterone 4 years (actually 4 years today exactly) and the effect it has had on my emotions isn't too much honestly. I am more emotionally stable, though I would say that is less testosterone and more just me feeling less dysphoria. Though the biggest difference emotionally would be that it is extremely hard for me to cry now.

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2019 8:48 pm
by Auzkhia
Cekoviu wrote:Anyway, I'd prefer to abandon this topic and instead discuss emotions and hormones. Estrogen made me way more emotionally sensitive, but what are the effects like for people taking testosterone? Do you feel like you have less emotions, or are you just less prone to their physical manifestation?

I heard it does the opposite in that aspects. But I'm sure it helps them feel more stable with less dysphoria. I only know it from friends and also a few ex-boyfriends. The latter, I know it has ramped up their sex drive.

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2019 9:13 pm
by Cekoviu
Felt Karpit wrote:
Cekoviu wrote:Anyway, I'd prefer to abandon this topic and instead discuss emotions and hormones. Estrogen made me way more emotionally sensitive, but what are the effects like for people taking testosterone? Do you feel like you have less emotions, or are you just less prone to their physical manifestation?


I've been on testosterone 4 years (actually 4 years today exactly) and the effect it has had on my emotions isn't too much honestly. I am more emotionally stable, though I would say that is less testosterone and more just me feeling less dysphoria. Though the biggest difference emotionally would be that it is extremely hard for me to cry now.

Okay, interesting. So I guess it's not really a reverse estrogen in that aspect, if you're still feeling the same breadth of emotions.
Auzkhia wrote:
Cekoviu wrote:Anyway, I'd prefer to abandon this topic and instead discuss emotions and hormones. Estrogen made me way more emotionally sensitive, but what are the effects like for people taking testosterone? Do you feel like you have less emotions, or are you just less prone to their physical manifestation?

I heard it does the opposite in that aspects. But I'm sure it helps them feel more stable with less dysphoria. I only know it from friends and also a few ex-boyfriends. The latter, I know it has ramped up their sex drive.

That's what I've heard from the more open trans guys I know irl, yeah. It apparently also makes you smell worse, which is something I've unfortunately observed.

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2019 9:18 pm
by Auzkhia
Cekoviu wrote:
Felt Karpit wrote:
I've been on testosterone 4 years (actually 4 years today exactly) and the effect it has had on my emotions isn't too much honestly. I am more emotionally stable, though I would say that is less testosterone and more just me feeling less dysphoria. Though the biggest difference emotionally would be that it is extremely hard for me to cry now.

Okay, interesting. So I guess it's not really a reverse estrogen in that aspect, if you're still feeling the same breadth of emotions.
Auzkhia wrote:I heard it does the opposite in that aspects. But I'm sure it helps them feel more stable with less dysphoria. I only know it from friends and also a few ex-boyfriends. The latter, I know it has ramped up their sex drive.

That's what I've heard from the more open trans guys I know irl, yeah. It apparently also makes you smell worse, which is something I've unfortunately observed.

Body smells change with HRT, I noticed with myself and my ex-boyfriends compared to cis people. Sex drive is another part of it. But again, that's a variable effect.

One thing T does is changes voice, one of my friends was on T just change their voice and went off of it. They're agender but still want top surgery.

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2019 9:19 pm
by The Xenopolis Confederation
Felt Karpit wrote:
Cekoviu wrote:Anyway, I'd prefer to abandon this topic and instead discuss emotions and hormones. Estrogen made me way more emotionally sensitive, but what are the effects like for people taking testosterone? Do you feel like you have less emotions, or are you just less prone to their physical manifestation?


I've been on testosterone 4 years (actually 4 years today exactly) and the effect it has had on my emotions isn't too much honestly. I am more emotionally stable, though I would say that is less testosterone and more just me feeling less dysphoria. Though the biggest difference emotionally would be that it is extremely hard for me to cry now.

It's also extremely hard for me to cry as well and I hate it.

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2019 9:23 pm
by Auzkhia
The Xenopolis Confederation wrote:
Felt Karpit wrote:
I've been on testosterone 4 years (actually 4 years today exactly) and the effect it has had on my emotions isn't too much honestly. I am more emotionally stable, though I would say that is less testosterone and more just me feeling less dysphoria. Though the biggest difference emotionally would be that it is extremely hard for me to cry now.

It's also extremely hard for me to cry as well and I hate it.

I cried when it upset, it wasn't hard, but I can tear up with a wider range of emotions, it's not being sad or anger, but even good stuff too. I never knew crying tears of joy was a thing. I heard of it, but never experienced it.

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2019 9:23 pm
by Nakena
I am an adorable yet genderfluid, bisexual, biological male with a strong feminine side.

Call me she/him/them. As you please.

Is this the right thread for me?

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2019 9:25 pm
by Auzkhia
Nakena wrote:I am an adorable yet genderfluid, bisexual, biological male with a strong feminine side.

Call me she/him/them. As you please.

Is this the right thread for me?

Yes, absolutely! Welcome friendo.

I consider myself genderfluid, though with a pretty specific range between androgyne and girl.

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2019 9:28 pm
by Hediacrana
Nakena wrote:I am an adorable yet genderfluid, bisexual, biological male with a strong feminine side.

Call me she/him/them. As you please.

Is this the right thread for me?

Welcome here!

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2019 9:28 pm
by Felt Karpit
Auzkhia wrote:
The Xenopolis Confederation wrote:It's also extremely hard for me to cry as well and I hate it.

I cried when it upset, it wasn't hard, but I can tear up with a wider range of emotions, it's not being sad or anger, but even good stuff too. I never knew crying tears of joy was a thing. I heard of it, but never experienced it.


Before I never did cry happy tears. The main source of my crying was actually when I was angry. So now when I'm angry I can actually speak coherently, so honestly that is a plus. Though sometimes you just need a good sad cey and it just doesn't happen for me.

Funnily enough though, I have super watery eyes. I think more so now than before testosterone. So when I yawn I always tear up a bunch and people that don't know that sometimes think I'm crying. I don't really count it cause it's not emotionally triggered.