NATION

PASSWORD

TDT 4: What the $#@! is a "womxn", anyways?

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

Saciu
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Sep 28, 2018
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Saciu » Thu Jan 16, 2020 11:27 pm

Thermodolia wrote:
Saciu wrote:He wasn't named Josh as a child. He adopted it once he started transitioning. The Bible never deadnames or misgenders him, thankfully.

Excuse me what?!

Has something puzzled you?
C'est Saciu, previously The South Pacific's most influential trans person (then my account got zucc'd)
Pro: idk. trans rights ig.Internationalism, liberalism, etc
Neutral: idk.
Anti: idk. Nationalism, populism etc about 90% of my opinions have changed since i was last here but now im basically globohomo

Political compass: 0.75, -8.31 lmao this was years ago im easily lib left according to when i last took it but also the compass is terrible
SC/EN-Saciu
FR/ES-Saquiu
PT/CA-Sáquio
IT-Sacchio
DE/SV/NL/PL/SW-Sakiu
AR-ساكيو
HI-साकिउ
RU-Сакиу
JA-さきう
EL-Σάκιο
BN-সাকিউ
ZH-撒库
TR: Sakyı

Saciu
Chargé d'Affaires

Postby Saciu » Thu Jan 16, 2020 11:29 pm

Auzkhia wrote:
Crockerland wrote:There has been a lot of muddying of the waters with even groups like pedophiles and fetishists trying to grift themselves into the classification, so here's a comprehensive list - the LGBT/LGBTI/LGBTIA umbrella (there is no "Q", it's an offensive slur) encompasses:
-Anyone who is a sexual orientation other than straight (gay, bi, or asexual),
-Anyone who does not identify with the gender they were born with,
-Anyone who is born with an intersex condition.

And also, sometimes anyone who is "Gender Nonconforming" is included (LGBTIAGNC) which includes things like straight cisgender crossdressers.

I'm queer. It's been reclaimed, and I use it and find it useful since it's easier to say that than just explaining my gender and sexuality with a few run on sentences.

Not entirely reclaimed, and it literally means strange, so it's debatable whether it should be reclaimed.
C'est Saciu, previously The South Pacific's most influential trans person (then my account got zucc'd)
Anti: idk. Nationalism, populism etc about 90% of my opinions have changed since i was last here but now im basically globohomo

Political compass: 0.75, -8.31 lmao this was years ago im easily lib left according to when i last took it but also the compass is terrible
SC/EN-Saciu
FR/ES-Saquiu
PT/CA-Sáquio
IT-Sacchio
DE/SV/NL/PL/SW-Sakiu
AR-ساكيو
HI-साकिउ
RU-Сакиу
JA-さきう
EL-Σάκιο
BN-সাকিউ
ZH-撒库

Crockerland
Negotiator

Founded: Oct 15, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Crockerland » Thu Jan 16, 2020 11:47 pm

Page wrote:
Auze wrote:Most Intersex people are similar enough to one sex or the other to the point that the difference is academic.

What bathroom should a person with an external penis and testes but an internal uterus go into?

So, someone with Persistent Mullerian duct syndrome? They would go to the male bathroom, since that is an intersex condition which affects males.
Free Taiwan, Hong Kong, and Tibet.
Gay not Queer / Why Abortion is Genocide / End Gay Erasure
PROUD SUPPORTER OF:
National Liberalism, Nuclear & Geothermal Power, GMOs, Vaccines, Biodiesel, LGBTIA equality, Universal Healthcare, Universal Basic Income, Constitutional Carry, Emotional Support Twinks, Right to Life

Page
Post Marshal

Founded: Jan 12, 2012
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Page » Fri Jan 17, 2020 1:30 am

Crockerland wrote:
Page wrote:
What bathroom should a person with an external penis and testes but an internal uterus go into?

So, someone with Persistent Mullerian duct syndrome? They would go to the male bathroom, since that is an intersex condition which affects males.

The question was rhetorical as it could be posed hundreds of times, each with a different type of intersex.
Anarcho-Communist Against: Bolsheviks, Fascists, TERFs, Putin, Autocrats, Conservatives, Ancaps, Bourgeoisie, Bigots, Liberals, Maoists

I don't believe in kink-shaming unless your kink is submitting to the state.

Crockerland
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Crockerland » Fri Jan 17, 2020 2:02 am

Page wrote:
Crockerland wrote:So, someone with Persistent Mullerian duct syndrome? They would go to the male bathroom, since that is an intersex condition which affects males.

The question was rhetorical as it could be posed hundreds of times, each with a different type of intersex.

And each different type of intersex could very easily be sorted into either male or female.
PROUD SUPPORTER OF:
National Liberalism, Nuclear & Geothermal Power, GMOs, Vaccines, Biodiesel, LGBTIA equality, Universal Healthcare, Universal Basic Income, Constitutional Carry, Emotional Support Twinks, Right to Life

Page
Post Marshal

Founded: Jan 12, 2012
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Page » Fri Jan 17, 2020 2:25 am

Crockerland wrote:
Page wrote:

And each different type of intersex could very easily be sorted into either male or female.

And who does the sorting?
Anarcho-Communist Against: Bolsheviks, Fascists, TERFs, Putin, Autocrats, Conservatives, Ancaps, Bourgeoisie, Bigots, Liberals, Maoists

I don't believe in kink-shaming unless your kink is submitting to the state.

Grenartia
Post Czar

Founded: Feb 14, 2010
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Grenartia » Fri Jan 17, 2020 3:20 am

Thermodolia wrote:
Grenartia wrote:
Trans lesbians calling ourselves transbians is an organic evolution along linguistic, cultural, and social trends, and is not "forcibly changing language". Take your L.

No it’s not. You can’t claim that there is a cultural or linguistic trend for a word that is only really found in the bowels of Tumblr.

I've never been on Tumblr. If your assertion were true, then I could not be using it. Yet, I am, therefore, your assertion is false. Instead, if you'd bother to step outside your transphobic bubble, you'd learn that the word sees a decent amount of use in trans-centric spaces. Therefore, it is an organic cultural and linguistic evolution. QED.

Also aren’t you supposedly androgynous and therefore not Trans because trans implies that you are transitioning?

What the fuck does that even mean? Who the fuck told you "androgynous" means "not trans"? You're like a kindergartner trying to talk about algebra to a math professor, and consistently getting things wrong. You're so out of your league that the phrase "Dunning-Kruger" is an understatement.

Also, who the fuck told you, allegedly on my behalf, that I'm "not transitioning"? Not that its any of your fucking business, but I have every intention of transitioning, and have made absolutely no statements to anyone to the contrary. I don't know from whose ass you pulled that bullshit from, but you certainly didn't get it from me.

Said the person who is unironically triggered by a pansexual transbian.

No I’m not triggered I just hate when people butcher language to the point that it has no meaning. Words mean things. You can’t claim to be pansexual while also claiming to be transbian. You are either one or the other. Not both. It’s fine if you want to be a transbian, but you can’t claim to be pansexual at the same time because it makes no fucking sense.

You certainly sound triggered from where I stand.

I just picked up the straw that fell out of your clothes.

I am not the one creating strawmen. Which is where the term straw comes from, strawmen is the act of creating a false argument and misconstruing an argument so that one can argue against it.

I’m not the one who is butchering the English language and misusing words.

As Cek rightfully pointed out, I'm not butchering English, and you should pluck the beam from your own eye before pointing out the mote in mine.

I thought you transphobes were all about having a solid scientific understanding of things.

First off where is the Kinsey Scale solidly scientific?

It is used in psychology, which is a field of scientific study. If actual fucking scientists find it useful, I'd say that makes a damn good case that it is, in fact, scientifically sound.

Please show me because there is nothing that proves that humans are a 1, 2, 3 or so on.

>scientist creates a scale to describe the variation of human sexual attraction, which is so useful to helping understand the phenomenon that other scientists in his field use it to this day
>I don't see any fookin evidence

Logic 100

The entire scale is based on self reporting evidence and I will not accept it as scientific fact.

Contrary to popular belief, self-reporting does not automatically make something invalid. In fact, in many cases in medicine, it is the only tool available. There's a reason the pain scale exists, after all.

More directly, self-reporting is an important tool in psychology, because until extremely recently, we did not have the tools to objectively determine many of the phenomena going on inside the human brain (and arguably we arguably still don't). This is a fundamental limitation of not only our own understanding, but of our technology and most importantly, of ethics. You might as well say that feeling around in a dark room is an invalid way of understanding what the room looks like because you can't feel a difference in colors.

If that were true, they wouldn't be different things on the scale.

Only if you are operating from the assumption that the scale is fact, which I am not. Therefore bisexuality is the attraction to both male and females no matter how much.

If one likes men 90% of the time yet 10% of the time they like women then they are still bisexual. To claim otherwise is the eraser of bisexuals

Fuckin hardly.

Who died and made you the Lesbian Police?

The Dictionary, which is not a dictator or dictatorship just so you know.

The Dictionary died and put you in charge? :rofl:

I dare you to quote where I said that. I triple dog doctor dare you to quote it.

Grenartia wrote:
Honestly, I've just taken to calling myself a transbian, but once in a blue blood super moon, I can be attracted to a guy.

Nowhere in that quote did I ever say I was never attracted to men.

Thermodolia wrote:
Grenartia wrote:
XXY? XYY? XXYY? XO?

So statistically insignificant it that it doesn’t matter.

False.

Next!!

No, but the only person bringing that possibility up is you. All we want is for the minority to not have their equal rights being trampled by the majority.

No you want me to change my beliefs

Because that's what intellectually honest people do when faced with facts that thoroughly disprove their shitty worldviews.

and force me to believe that a man is a woman and vice versa. That’s not equal rights. You want be to believe and cater to the idea that there are 63+ sexualities and genders when there aren’t. That’s not equal rights.

Equal rights are me not firing someone because of who they are. Equal rights are not forcing me to play along so you don’t get your feelings hurt.

You know, you never did answer this:

Grenartia wrote: Tell me, what is your fucking goal here? Do you think you're going to succeed where every TERF and Bean Sharpie clone before you has failed? Do you honestly think you'll finally hit the right combination of condescension, concern trolling, and bullshit that'll magically make every trans person here go into conversion therapy and start detransitioning?

Hanafuridake wrote:
Thermodolia wrote:Still a better ideology that libertarianism and degeneracy.

A gay Jewish man is using a buzzword from an ideology that would have him killed if it came to power.

We truly live in the weirdest timeline.

Indeed. Turkeys voting for Thanksgiving.

Saciu wrote:I don't get how you can be lesbian and pansexual (ignoring my skepticism of pansexuality).

Because while I do experience some attraction to men, it is infrequent enough that I am functionally a lesbian.

Thermodolia wrote:Also I don’t hate trans people.

You do, you just refuse to admit it. But your words and rhetoric speak for you. You barge in where you are not welcome, demand explanations from us in bad faith for the slightest of perceived offenses (your latest jihad, crusade, whathaveyou against me for daring to call myself a pansexual transbian is but the most recent example), bash us for daring to be who we are, and concern troll and otherwise attempt to gaslight us, and all manner of other bullshit. You might not be committing direct acts of violence, but you are still committing acts of hatred nonetheless. And you either already know this, or you are so utterly incompetent that you fail to realize. I, for one, cannot believe someone capable of operating a computer could be that incompetent, so therefore, the only alternative motivation to assign to you is maliciousness.

Thermodolia wrote:
Hediacrana wrote:Of course, by 'forcing you', you mean, 'disagreeing with you.'

No I mean forcing not disagreeing. As in making it hate speech for me to use the improper pronouns. That is forcing me

Yes, we're gonna throw you in imaginary Canadian pronoun jail.

Thermodolia wrote:
Page wrote:
Do you deny making those 3 claims, or are you not disputing that but insisting that these 3 claims aren't transphobic?

Transphobic yes but that doesn’t mean I hate trans people.

Actually, it explicitly does.

I do not want to see them killed or harmed

Yes, and a lot of neo nazis and white supremacists say they don't want the "undesirables" "killed or harmed", either. Even if they honestly believe it, reality tells a different story.

Like it or fucking not, even if you're utterly fucking pacifist when it comes to enforcing your hatred upon us, your rhetoric creates and actively maintains an environment where violence against us is implicitly allowed and excused. You'd think a gay Jewish person, of all people, would have learned the dangers of that based on the lessons of the last century.

Thermodolia wrote:
Cekoviu wrote:Hate is not contingent upon violent desires. I hate Steve Bannon, but I don't want him to be physically hurt.

Well I don’t hate trans people so....

If this is love, its an awfully fucking abusive way of showing it. It might as well be hate.

Thermodolia wrote:
Hanafuridake wrote:
I think that I have more of a grasp of the English language than someone who doesn't even know the difference between a piece of jewelry and someone obsessed with minor details.

Mocking someone with a disability. Oh how progressive

You still have no standing to criticize anyone for "butchering" the English language, particularly when said butchering is nonexistent.

Fahran wrote:
Vassenor wrote:
Because they have the power of God and Anime on their side. Allegedly.

I thought anime was pro-trans. Really, anime hurts whichever side it's on. :p

With regard to transphobic people, I imagine they believe they're on the right side of history and, if not, then that they're on the right side of morality/truth and that we're all spiralling towards dystopia. I mean they're right about that last part (dystopia) but for different reasons.

Everyone is the hero of their own story. The real trick is to show how they're simultaneously being the villain of someone else's story. I personally try to be as unvillainous as I can, but no ethical consumption under capitalism. Though I may never reach my goal, the effort yields its own rewards.

Fahran wrote:
Page wrote:Jesus being XX is more plausible than Jesus not having a biological father at all. It's very unlikely that Jesus of Nazareth was XX it's at least possible. Conception without sperm is not.

I'm waiting for the Catholics to storm in here and verbally smack you around for committing blasphemy repeatedly and ignorantly. Also, naming a girl child Josh is just absurd.

I mean, saying Jesus was a trans man is mostly only good to piss of the fundies. But, in all honesty, he was likely intersex.

Honestly, though, if suggesting that Jesus was a trans man is "blasphemy", then that only underscores the point that the people calling it blasphemy are transphobic. After all, its only "blasphemy" if its denigrating. If someone thinks that even the mere suggestion that someone else is trans is denigrating to that person, then the first person clearly has hatred, on some level, for trans people.

The only other possible reason to call it blasphemy that I can think of would be if it were simply an inaccurate representation of Christ, but the outrage disparity between, say, racially inaccurately depicting Christ, and suggesting Christ was trans, are quite telling. Nobody, Catholic, Protestant, or Orthodox gets nearly as outraged at a painting of a white Jesus, or a black Jesus.

New Paine wrote:
Page wrote:
Jesus being XX is more plausible than Jesus not having a biological father at all. It's very unlikely that Jesus of Nazareth was XX it's at least possible. Conception without sperm is not.

It’s more plausible that Jesus of Nazareth didn’t exist....

To be fair, the common historical consensus is that Jesus of Nazareth did exist. The primary question concerns his divinity. But, that's more of a topic for the CDT than the TDT.

Vassenor wrote:
Crockerland wrote:There has been a lot of muddying of the waters with even groups like pedophiles and fetishists trying to grift themselves into the classification, so here's a comprehensive list - the LGBT/LGBTI/LGBTIA umbrella (there is no "Q", it's an offensive slur) encompasses:
-Anyone who is a sexual orientation other than straight (gay, bi, or asexual),
-Anyone who does not identify with the gender they were born with,
-Anyone who is born with an intersex condition.

And also, sometimes anyone who is "Gender Nonconforming" is included (LGBTIAGNC) which includes things like straight cisgender crossdressers.

So who is actually seriously trying to include paedophilia in the definition?

Nobody except the pedophiles themselves, who get rightfully, overwhelmingly, and rabidly, trounced by the vast majority of the LGBT+ community for doing so.

Fahran wrote:
Hanafuridake wrote:I'm incredibly reluctant to consider any historical person transgender, and I'm pretty sure that the historical Jesus was a cishet man, but if someone is outright offended at the idea that Jesus was trans, that says a lot about what they believe about the value of trans people.

I don't know too many people who'd be offended by the insinuation if it were honestly made and not simply intended as a bit of trolling. I think the more common response would be "um, no." But, yeah, I wouldn't leap to identifying the sexual orientations and gender identities of people in the past without knowledge of how sex, sexuality, and gender fit into their society.

I mean, its hard to get 'more explicitly transgender' than Elagabalus. You don't become the emperor of the notoriously "masculinity good, femininity bad" Roman Empire, and then offer half the empire to any surgeon who can give you sex reassignment surgery unless you're transgender.

Thermodolia wrote:
Ifreann wrote:Even if Therm's tiny number is accurate, 0.005% of the population is still hundreds of thousands of people. Hundreds of thousands of people that we have to pretend aren't real in order to carry on believing that human sex is binary. It'd be like ignoring the city of Atlanta.

The city of Atlanta doesn’t get to dictate national policy.

The city of Atlanta does have federal representation in Congress, both through the Senate, and through the Representatives of the districts it composes. Therefore, its population does get a say in national policy.

The only person saying, suggesting, and implying that trans people want to dictate anything is you. Stop being disingenuous. All we want is our equal fucking rights to be as miserable as everyone else.

Nanatsu no Tsuki wrote:
Fahran wrote:If anyone ever tells me they're transage, I'm going to douse them with a hose until they go away.

To me it looks like an attempt to disguise pedophilia by piggyback riding off the transgender community.

Oh, it definitely is. For our part, the trans community as a whole seems to be having none of it.

Auze wrote:
Grenartia wrote:
XXY? XYY? XXYY? XO?

No, but the only person bringing that possibility up is you. All we want is for the minority to not have their equal rights being trampled by the majority.

By that logic, saying "humans have two legs" is a false statement, because some are missing a leg or have a third.

If you're gonna go all "Man is a featherless biped" on me, I will channel Diogenes.

Page wrote:
The Rurkovich Imperium wrote:That's probably because bathrooms are based on gender, hence why there isn't an intersex bathroom.

Once on this forum I asked a bathroom bill supporter "So which bathroom should intersex people use?" and they actually responded "They should just hold it until they get home."

The other thing they fail to consider is that when gender in public bathrooms is policed, some cis people will be harassed too. What if you're a cis man but kind of androgynous looking, are you okay with someone demanding you carry your birth certificate with you to prove you're allowed to use the men's room? They never think of that.

Or butch cis lesbians. There have been actual events where they've been harrassed (verbally and physically) in bathrooms by overzealous transphobes.

Saciu wrote:
Thermodolia wrote:Excuse me what?!

Has something puzzled you?

Look, as a trans Christian, and someone who has pulled very few punches with Therm lately, and someone who has gotten into many, many fights with various people on this forum about God being ok with LGBT+ people, and someone who is quite blunt that anyone who is offended at the suggestion that Jesus was trans is inherently transphobic, I'll be the first to agree that yeah, there's no basis for your claim. There is plenty of biblical evidence that directly contradicts the "Jesus was trans" narrative.
Lib-left. Antifascist, antitankie, anti-capitalist, anti-imperialist (including the imperialism of non-western countries). Christian (Unitarian Universalist). Background in physics.
Mostly a girl. She or they pronouns, please. Unrepentant transbian.
Reject tradition, embrace modernity.
People who call themselves based NEVER are.
The truth about kids transitioning.

Nakena
Post Marshal

Founded: May 06, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Nakena » Fri Jan 17, 2020 3:31 am

Page wrote:
Crockerland wrote:And each different type of intersex could very easily be sorted into either male or female.

The Crockerland Commission.

Grenartia
Post Czar

Founded: Feb 14, 2010
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Grenartia » Fri Jan 17, 2020 3:37 am

Nakena wrote:
Page wrote:

I was gonna guess a talking hat.
Lib-left. Antifascist, antitankie, anti-capitalist, anti-imperialist (including the imperialism of non-western countries). Christian (Unitarian Universalist). Background in physics.
Mostly a girl. She or they pronouns, please. Unrepentant transbian.
Reject tradition, embrace modernity.
People who call themselves based NEVER are.
The truth about kids transitioning.

Dumb Ideologies
Post Czar

Founded: Sep 30, 2007
Mother Knows Best State

Postby Dumb Ideologies » Fri Jan 17, 2020 4:15 am

Grenartia wrote:
Nakena wrote:

Imagine getting Hufflepuff-gendered. I think I'd leave, wouldn't you?
Are these "human rights" in the room with us right now?
★彡 Professional pessimist. Reactionary socialist and gamer liberationist. Coffee addict. Fun at parties 彡★
Freedom is when people agree with you, and the more people you can force to act like they agree the freer society is
You are the trolley problem's conductor. You could stop the train in time but you do not. Nobody knows you're part of the equation. You satisfy your bloodlust and get away with it every time

Ifreann
Post Overlord

Founded: Aug 07, 2005
Iron Fist Socialists

Postby Ifreann » Fri Jan 17, 2020 5:56 am

Crockerland wrote:
Ifreann wrote:Nah, that's just 4chan doin' an op.

4chan time travelers in the 1970s.

Ifreann wrote:But that's exactly what people are doing. To say that sex is binary is to say that intersex people are not real, and they definitely are real.

How? Intersex people are real, and are compatible with the binary, because intersex people, even those with chromosomes other than XY or XX, are either male (XXY, XYY, XXYY) or female (XO).

Because if there's more than two possibilities, it isn't a binary.
He/Him

beating the devil
we never run from the devil
we never summon the devil
we never hide from from the devil
we never

West Leas Oros 2
Negotiator

Founded: Jul 15, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby West Leas Oros 2 » Fri Jan 17, 2020 6:50 am

Dumb Ideologies wrote:
Grenartia wrote:

At least you aren't in Slytherin...
WLO Public News: Outdated Factbooks and other documents in process of major redesign! ESTIMATED COMPLETION DATE: <error:not found>
How many South Americans need to be killed by the CIA before you realize socialism is bad?
I like to think I've come a long way since the days of the First WLO.
Conscientious Objector in the “Culture War”

NationStates Leftist Alternative only needs a couple more nations before it can hold its constitutional convention!

Crockerland
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Crockerland » Fri Jan 17, 2020 7:33 am

Ifreann wrote:
Crockerland wrote:4chan time travelers in the 1970s.

How? Intersex people are real, and are compatible with the binary, because intersex people, even those with chromosomes other than XY or XX, are either male (XXY, XYY, XXYY) or female (XO).

Because if there's more than two possibilities, it isn't a binary.

Here are the possibilities:
-Male
-Female

So it's a binary.

Intersex people are not a third possibility, any more than bald people, or black people, or tall people. Like all other groups, intersex people are born either male or female.
PROUD SUPPORTER OF:

Ifreann
Post Overlord

Iron Fist Socialists

Postby Ifreann » Fri Jan 17, 2020 8:07 am

Crockerland wrote:
Ifreann wrote:Because if there's more than two possibilities, it isn't a binary.

-Male
-Female

So it's a binary.

Intersex people are not a third possibility, any more than bald people, or black people, or tall people. Like all other groups, intersex people are born either male or female.

This seems to be an entirely novel conceptualisation of sex.
He/Him

beating the devil
we never

Cekoviu
Post Marshal

Founded: Oct 18, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Cekoviu » Fri Jan 17, 2020 8:22 am

Dumb Ideologies wrote:
Grenartia wrote:

Every time I've ever taken a Hogwarts sorting quiz, I've gotten Hufflepuff. :(
Crockerland wrote:
Ifreann wrote:Because if there's more than two possibilities, it isn't a binary.

-Male
-Female

So it's a binary.

>bald isn't a gender
Are you even hearing yourself right now?
pro: women's rights
anti: men's rights

Ifreann
Post Overlord

Iron Fist Socialists

Postby Ifreann » Fri Jan 17, 2020 8:29 am

Cekoviu wrote:
Dumb Ideologies wrote:

The reliable, hard-working gender that gets killed halfway through the series to up the stakes for the main genders.
He/Him

beating the devil
we never

Des-Bal
Post Czar

Founded: Jan 24, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Des-Bal » Fri Jan 17, 2020 8:30 am

This supposes total uniformity among members of a class and that any deformity creates a new class. These are very silly things to suppose.
Cekoviu wrote:DES-BAL: Introverted, blunt, focused, utilitarian. Hard to read; not verbose online or likely in real life. Places little emphasis on interpersonal relationships, particularly with online strangers for whom the investment would outweigh the returns.
Desired perception: Logical, intellectual
Public perception: Neutral-positive - blunt, cold, logical, skilled at debating
Mindset: Logos

Des-Bal
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Des-Bal » Fri Jan 17, 2020 8:32 am

Cekoviu wrote:>bald isn't a gender

You were so shocked you forgot sex and gender were different things. Are you objecting to the idea that bald isn't a sex?
Cekoviu wrote:DES-BAL: Introverted, blunt, focused, utilitarian. Hard to read; not verbose online or likely in real life. Places little emphasis on interpersonal relationships, particularly with online strangers for whom the investment would outweigh the returns.

Cekoviu
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Cekoviu » Fri Jan 17, 2020 8:34 am

Des-Bal wrote:
Cekoviu wrote:>bald isn't a gender

You were so shocked you forgot sex and gender were different things. Are you objecting to the idea that bald isn't a sex?

Both

Des-Bal
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Des-Bal » Fri Jan 17, 2020 8:35 am

Cekoviu wrote:Both

So bald is in fact a sex?

Cekoviu
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Cekoviu » Fri Jan 17, 2020 8:36 am

Des-Bal wrote:

How is this even a line of questioning? Obviously it is.

West Leas Oros 2
Negotiator

Founded: Jul 15, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby West Leas Oros 2 » Fri Jan 17, 2020 9:12 am

Des-Bal wrote:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ADkLBtSGKMo
WLO Public News: Outdated Factbooks and other documents in process of major redesign! ESTIMATED COMPLETION DATE: <error:not found>
How many South Americans need to be killed by the CIA before you realize socialism is bad?
I like to think I've come a long way since the days of the First WLO.
Conscientious Objector in the “Culture War”

NationStates Leftist Alternative only needs a couple more nations before it can hold its constitutional convention!

Saciu
Chargé d'Affaires

Postby Saciu » Fri Jan 17, 2020 10:06 am

Grenartia wrote:
Saciu wrote:Has something puzzled you?

Look, as a trans Christian, and someone who has pulled very few punches with Therm lately, and someone who has gotten into many, many fights with various people on this forum about God being ok with LGBT+ people, and someone who is quite blunt that anyone who is offended at the suggestion that Jesus was trans is inherently transphobic, I'll be the first to agree that yeah, there's no basis for your claim. There is plenty of biblical evidence that directly contradicts the "Jesus was trans" narrative.

Um... it was a joke... I don't actually believe that.

SC/EN-Saciu
FR/ES-Saquiu
PT/CA-Sáquio
IT-Sacchio
DE/SV/NL/PL/SW-Sakiu
AR-ساكيو
HI-साकिउ
RU-Сакиу
JA-さきう
EL-Σάκιο
BN-সাকিউ
ZH-撒库

Dumb Ideologies
Post Czar

Founded: Sep 30, 2007
Mother Knows Best State

Postby Dumb Ideologies » Fri Jan 17, 2020 10:45 am

Cekoviu wrote:
Dumb Ideologies wrote:

In times long past my result tended to be Ravenclaw but now I always get Slytherin. This, I think, reflects the natural cycle of growth from naive nerdy intellectualism to the righteous desire to purge society of the impure.

In other news my partner's surgery is tomorrow and I'm most definitely not panicking about everything being okay and my dubious capabilities when it comes to looking after someone.
Are these "human rights" in the room with us right now?
★彡 Professional pessimist. Reactionary socialist and gamer liberationist. Coffee addict. Fun at parties 彡★
Freedom is when people agree with you, and the more people you can force to act like they agree the freer society is
You are the trolley problem's conductor. You could stop the train in time but you do not. Nobody knows you're part of the equation. You satisfy your bloodlust and get away with it every time

Saciu
Chargé d'Affaires

Postby Saciu » Fri Jan 17, 2020 11:04 am

Dumb Ideologies wrote:
Cekoviu wrote:Every time I've ever taken a Hogwarts sorting quiz, I've gotten Hufflepuff. :(

In times long past my result tended to be Ravenclaw but now I always get Slytherin. This, I think, reflects the natural cycle of growth from naive nerdy intellectualism to the righteous desire to purge society of the impure.

In other news my partner's surgery is tomorrow and I'm most definitely not panicking about everything being okay and my dubious capabilities when it comes to looking after someone.

Good luck to both of you, I'm sure it'll be fine.

SC/EN-Saciu
FR/ES-Saquiu
PT/CA-Sáquio
IT-Sacchio
DE/SV/NL/PL/SW-Sakiu
AR-ساكيو
HI-साकिउ
RU-Сакиу
JA-さきう
EL-Σάκιο
BN-সাকিউ
ZH-撒库