NATION

PASSWORD

TDT 4: What the $#@! is a "womxn", anyways?

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

Vassenor
Khan of Spam

Founded: Nov 11, 2010
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Vassenor » Tue Jul 16, 2019 12:36 pm

Paleoconservative Citizens wrote:Why do you need so many months to celebrate being LGBTQ+? For God's sake your sexuality is more like a religion than a preference.

Why do the straights get all 12 months but we're only allowed one?
Jenny / Sailor Astraea
WOMAN

MtF trans and proud - She / Her / etc.
100% Asbestos Free

Team Mystic
#iamEUropean

"Have you ever had a moment online, when the need to prove someone wrong has outweighed your own self-preservation instincts?"

Paleoconservative Citizens
Envoy

Founded: Jun 22, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Paleoconservative Citizens » Tue Jul 16, 2019 12:38 pm

Cekoviu wrote:
Paleoconservative Citizens wrote:Why do you need so many months to celebrate being LGBTQ+? For God's sake your sexuality is more like a religion than a preference.

I find it interesting that religious people's go-to insult these days seems to be "your belief is like a religion!"
Also, we're not celebrating being LGBTQ+ in LGBTQ+ wrath month, we're celebrating wrath.

What wrath?
Lutheran, Conservative. An ancient puppet brought to you by The Sladerstan
Good works do not make a good man, but a good man does good works, likewise, bad works do not make a bad man, but a bad man does bad works.

Chris White, leader of AAPC

Disclaimer: I often use gender and sex as interchangeable terms.

Saciu
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Sep 28, 2018
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Saciu » Tue Jul 16, 2019 12:38 pm

Necroghastia wrote:
Saciu wrote:That's far from the truth. Truscum wouldn't say "You're not actually trans, you're just pretending to be for oppression points/because it's trendy" to every trans person". They'd say it to those who clearly aren't trans. Transmedicalist aren't the demons you think. Moreover, haven't you seen the array of tucutes saying that truscum aren't really trans? It's by no means a majority, that I concede, but they do exist nonetheless. Isn't that the same number of steps from "you're not actually a woman, you just have a fetish."?

TERFs wouldn't say "You're not actually a woman, you're just pretending to be because you have a fetish" to every woman. They'd say it to those who they believe clearly aren't women.

Quite frankly wrong. TERFs view every trans woman without fail as a man. The same does not go for transmeds.
C'est Saciu, previously The South Pacific's most influential trans person (then my account got zucc'd)
Pro: idk. trans rights ig.Internationalism, liberalism, etc
Neutral: idk.
Anti: idk. Nationalism, populism etc about 90% of my opinions have changed since i was last here but now im basically globohomo

Political compass: 0.75, -8.31 lmao this was years ago im easily lib left according to when i last took it but also the compass is terrible
SC/EN-Saciu
FR/ES-Saquiu
PT/CA-Sáquio
IT-Sacchio
DE/SV/NL/PL/SW-Sakiu
AR-ساكيو
HI-साकिउ
RU-Сакиу
JA-さきう
EL-Σάκιο
BN-সাকিউ
ZH-撒库
TR: Sakyı

Saciu
Chargé d'Affaires

Postby Saciu » Tue Jul 16, 2019 12:39 pm

Are you aware that 1) the thread's title is a joke and 2) it's LGBT wrath month?
C'est Saciu, previously The South Pacific's most influential trans person (then my account got zucc'd)
Anti: idk. Nationalism, populism etc about 90% of my opinions have changed since i was last here but now im basically globohomo

Political compass: 0.75, -8.31 lmao this was years ago im easily lib left according to when i last took it but also the compass is terrible
SC/EN-Saciu
FR/ES-Saquiu
PT/CA-Sáquio
IT-Sacchio
DE/SV/NL/PL/SW-Sakiu
AR-ساكيو
HI-साकिउ
RU-Сакиу
JA-さきう
EL-Σάκιο
BN-সাকিউ
ZH-撒库

Hamstan
Envoy

Founded: Sep 01, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Hamstan » Tue Jul 16, 2019 12:41 pm

Paleoconservative Citizens wrote:
Cekoviu wrote:I find it interesting that religious people's go-to insult these days seems to be "your belief is like a religion!"
Also, we're not celebrating being LGBTQ+ in LGBTQ+ wrath month, we're celebrating wrath.

What wrath?

Star Trek II: The Wrath of Khan
ALL POWER TO THE HAM KINGS, COMRADES!-Vladimir Bacon, our founder
a 5.63 civilization, according to https://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=363018
IC Location: Has now expanded beyond the borders of its home universe and has constructed its own little interstellar empire in its own pocket universe
OOC: Hamstan does not reflect my views. I'm just a teenage anarchist

Saciu
Chargé d'Affaires

Postby Saciu » Tue Jul 16, 2019 12:44 pm

Vassenor wrote:

*two

SC/EN-Saciu
FR/ES-Saquiu
PT/CA-Sáquio
IT-Sacchio
DE/SV/NL/PL/SW-Sakiu
AR-ساكيو
HI-साकिउ
RU-Сакиу
JA-さきう
EL-Σάκιο
BN-সাকিউ
ZH-撒库

Cekoviu
Post Marshal

Founded: Oct 18, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Cekoviu » Tue Jul 16, 2019 12:55 pm

Paleoconservative Citizens wrote:
Cekoviu wrote:I find it interesting that religious people's go-to insult these days seems to be "your belief is like a religion!"

What wrath?

The internal wrath we all have towards homophobes, biphobes, transphobes, etc.!
pro: women's rights
anti: men's rights

Saciu
Chargé d'Affaires

Postby Saciu » Tue Jul 16, 2019 12:57 pm

Cekoviu wrote:
Paleoconservative Citizens wrote:What wrath?

The internal wrath we all have towards homophobes, biphobes, transphobes, etc.!

Oh... I thought Wrath month was the opposite of Pride month, i.e. supporting homophobia (as a joke)

SC/EN-Saciu
FR/ES-Saquiu
PT/CA-Sáquio
IT-Sacchio
DE/SV/NL/PL/SW-Sakiu
AR-ساكيو
HI-साकिउ
RU-Сакиу
JA-さきう
EL-Σάκιο
BN-সাকিউ
ZH-撒库

Cekoviu
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Cekoviu » Tue Jul 16, 2019 12:58 pm

Saciu wrote:
Cekoviu wrote:The internal wrath we all have towards homophobes, biphobes, transphobes, etc.!

Oh... I thought Wrath month was the opposite of Pride month, i.e. supporting homophobia (as a joke)

No, no! It's the wrath of the gay, not the wrath towards it.

Saciu
Chargé d'Affaires

Postby Saciu » Tue Jul 16, 2019 12:59 pm

Cekoviu wrote:
Saciu wrote:Oh... I thought Wrath month was the opposite of Pride month, i.e. supporting homophobia (as a joke)

So a third LGBT month? This is getting a bit excessive.

SC/EN-Saciu
FR/ES-Saquiu
PT/CA-Sáquio
IT-Sacchio
DE/SV/NL/PL/SW-Sakiu
AR-ساكيو
HI-साकिउ
RU-Сакиу
JA-さきう
EL-Σάκιο
BN-সাকিউ
ZH-撒库

Saciu
Chargé d'Affaires

Postby Saciu » Tue Jul 16, 2019 1:01 pm

Cekoviu wrote:
Saciu wrote:Oh... I thought Wrath month was the opposite of Pride month, i.e. supporting homophobia (as a joke)

And is wrath a virtue we really want to espouse? Shouldn't we be trying to communicate with the homophobes, transphobes etc and get them to be kinder towards us? Furthermore, a wrath month actually could infringe on the rights of those with certain religious beliefs.

SC/EN-Saciu
FR/ES-Saquiu
PT/CA-Sáquio
IT-Sacchio
DE/SV/NL/PL/SW-Sakiu
AR-ساكيو
HI-साकिउ
RU-Сакиу
JA-さきう
EL-Σάκιο
BN-সাকিউ
ZH-撒库

Cekoviu
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Cekoviu » Tue Jul 16, 2019 1:04 pm

Saciu wrote:
Cekoviu wrote:No, no! It's the wrath of the gay, not the wrath towards it.

Er, what was the second one?
Saciu wrote:

And is wrath a virtue we really want to espouse? Shouldn't we be trying to communicate with the homophobes, transphobes etc and get them to be kinder towards us? Furthermore, a wrath month actually could infringe on the rights of those with certain religious beliefs.

They should maybe chill if they can't take a joke that simple.

The New California Republic
Post Czar

Founded: Jun 06, 2011
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby The New California Republic » Tue Jul 16, 2019 1:04 pm

Wow what an oddly strong reaction.
Last edited by Sigmund Freud on Sat Sep 23, 1939 2:23 am, edited 999 times in total.

The Irradiated Wasteland of The New California Republic: depicting the expanded NCR, several years after the total victory over Caesar's Legion, and the annexation of New Vegas and its surrounding areas.

White-collared conservatives flashing down the street
Pointing their plastic finger at me
They're hoping soon, my kind will drop and die
But I'm going to wave my freak flag high
Wave on, wave on
||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||

Saciu
Chargé d'Affaires

Postby Saciu » Tue Jul 16, 2019 1:07 pm

Cekoviu wrote:
Saciu wrote:So a third LGBT month? This is getting a bit excessive.

Er, what was the second one?
Saciu wrote:And is wrath a virtue we really want to espouse? Shouldn't we be trying to communicate with the homophobes, transphobes etc and get them to be kinder towards us? Furthermore, a wrath month actually could infringe on the rights of those with certain religious beliefs.

There's history month in February and, of course, pride month in June. I'm not sure whether wrath month is real or satire.

SC/EN-Saciu
FR/ES-Saquiu
PT/CA-Sáquio
IT-Sacchio
DE/SV/NL/PL/SW-Sakiu
AR-ساكيو
HI-साकिउ
RU-Сакиу
JA-さきう
EL-Σάκιο
BN-সাকিউ
ZH-撒库

Cekoviu
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Cekoviu » Tue Jul 16, 2019 1:08 pm

Saciu wrote:
Cekoviu wrote:Er, what was the second one?

There's history month in February and, of course, pride month in June. I'm not sure whether wrath month is real or satire.

I thought February was reserved for black history month. Wrath month is satire, by the way.

The Blaatschapen
Technical Moderator

Founded: Antiquity
Anarchy

Postby The Blaatschapen » Tue Jul 16, 2019 1:09 pm

Saciu wrote:

Why limit it to months?

Last I checked, most people who are LGBT are LGBT all year round 8)
The Blaatschapen should resign

Saciu
Chargé d'Affaires

Postby Saciu » Tue Jul 16, 2019 1:10 pm

Cekoviu wrote:
Saciu wrote:There's history month in February and, of course, pride month in June. I'm not sure whether wrath month is real or satire.

I thought February was reserved for black history month. Wrath month is satire, by the way.

I think BHM is November

SC/EN-Saciu
FR/ES-Saquiu
PT/CA-Sáquio
IT-Sacchio
DE/SV/NL/PL/SW-Sakiu
AR-ساكيو
HI-साकिउ
RU-Сакиу
JA-さきう
EL-Σάκιο
BN-সাকিউ
ZH-撒库

Cekoviu
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Cekoviu » Tue Jul 16, 2019 1:10 pm

The Blaatschapen wrote:

Why limit it to months?

LGBT pride year - occurs annually between the years of 200,000 BCE and TBD CE!

Cekoviu
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Cekoviu » Tue Jul 16, 2019 1:12 pm

Saciu wrote:
Cekoviu wrote:I thought February was reserved for black history month. Wrath month is satire, by the way.

I think BHM is November

Oh yeah, you're a redcoat. It's in October for you lot, but February on the other side of the puddle.

Necroghastia
Forum Moderator

Founded: May 11, 2019
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Necroghastia » Tue Jul 16, 2019 1:12 pm

The Blaatschapen wrote:

Why limit it to months?

I mean, it is twentybiteen. And the whole next decade is the twentytwenbies, so...
The Land of Spooky Scary Skeletons!

Pronouns: she/her

Saciu
Chargé d'Affaires

Postby Saciu » Tue Jul 16, 2019 1:12 pm

Saciu wrote:
Cekoviu wrote:I thought February was reserved for black history month. Wrath month is satire, by the way.

I think BHM is November

BHM is Oct. here and Feb. in North America. I know that here, February is LGBT history month. According to https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/LGBT_History_Month, it's October in USA.

SC/EN-Saciu
FR/ES-Saquiu
PT/CA-Sáquio
IT-Sacchio
DE/SV/NL/PL/SW-Sakiu
AR-ساكيو
HI-साकिउ
RU-Сакиу
JA-さきう
EL-Σάκιο
BN-সাকিউ
ZH-撒库

Auzkhia
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Mar 11, 2010
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Auzkhia » Tue Jul 16, 2019 1:13 pm

Saciu wrote:
The New California Republic wrote:You made the claim, so the onus is on you to prove it, not for me to disprove it. ;)

That's fair. Somewhat graphic content described below
The main form of heterosexual sex is PIV sex. This includes a rather large hole inside which the shaft can easily fit, and natural lubricant. Both heterosexual sex and male homosexual sex offer anal and oral. Homosexual male sex's exclusive activities tend to be uninteresting and unexciting for the two men, or painful. From this, it's fair to say that heterosexuality gives more convenient sex. Female homosexual sex presents oral as a main possibility, but for anal or vaginal, extra apparatus is required. It does have more exclusive types of sex than its male counterparts, but it is more complicated than heterosexual sex. I'd say that it's fair to say that both types of homosexual sex are mechanically inferior to heterosexual sex. It does change when a third party is added, although I'm not referring to that here.

PiV can still be gay if you're both girls or enbies.

Who left this projection machine on?
Saciu wrote:
Necroghastia wrote:TERFs wouldn't say "You're not actually a woman, you're just pretending to be because you have a fetish" to every woman. They'd say it to those who they believe clearly aren't women.

Quite frankly wrong. TERFs view every trans woman without fail as a man. The same does not go for transmeds.

*pours a shot of whisky in the tea* Nuance time, a lot of transmed do misgender trans women as men when they don't meet up to their "high" standards, while not exactly the same as terfs more wholesale approach, is awfully similar.

A friend of mine, who is a nonbinary trans woman, got into a twitter argument with a very famous transmed, and she misgendered my friend and called her a pedophile for some reason.
Necroghastia wrote:Also yeah let's be real transmedicalism is essentially just rebranded terfism. "You're not actually trans, you're just pretending to be for oppression points/because it's trendy" is only a few steps removed from "you're not actually a woman, you just have a fetish."

Pretty much, it's quite similar.
Saciu wrote:

You're more than welcome to try, but I find a lot of them just hate us and literally want all trans people or queer people to vanish, dead or alive. Even so, debating with transphobes is basically "hey let me try to convince you I exist", which is a tremendous task, rhetorically speaking. It's really hard to find a common ground between transgender people and transphobic people, unless you find a transphobic trans person.
Necroghastia wrote:
The Blaatschapen wrote:
Why limit it to months?

I mean, it is twentybiteen. And the whole next decade is the twentytwenbies, so...

I fully endorse this!
Last edited by Auzkhia on Tue Jul 16, 2019 1:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Me irl. (she/her/it)
IC name: Celestial Empire of the Romans
Imperial-Royal Statement on NS Stats
Factbook Embassy App
Trans Lesbian Non-binary Lady Greco-Roman Pagan Socialist

Paleoconservative Citizens
Envoy

Founded: Jun 22, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Paleoconservative Citizens » Tue Jul 16, 2019 1:19 pm

Vassenor wrote:

What? We don't get 12 months! We don't even get 1 month. There is no 1 month set aside for straight people, those months are just MONTHS.
Lutheran, Conservative. An ancient puppet brought to you by The Sladerstan
Good works do not make a good man, but a good man does good works, likewise, bad works do not make a bad man, but a bad man does bad works.

Chris White, leader of AAPC

Disclaimer: I often use gender and sex as interchangeable terms.

Saciu
Chargé d'Affaires

Postby Saciu » Tue Jul 16, 2019 1:21 pm

Auzkhia wrote:
Saciu wrote:That's fair. Somewhat graphic content described below
The main form of heterosexual sex is PIV sex. This includes a rather large hole inside which the shaft can easily fit, and natural lubricant. Both heterosexual sex and male homosexual sex offer anal and oral. Homosexual male sex's exclusive activities tend to be uninteresting and unexciting for the two men, or painful. From this, it's fair to say that heterosexuality gives more convenient sex. Female homosexual sex presents oral as a main possibility, but for anal or vaginal, extra apparatus is required. It does have more exclusive types of sex than its male counterparts, but it is more complicated than heterosexual sex. I'd say that it's fair to say that both types of homosexual sex are mechanically inferior to heterosexual sex. It does change when a third party is added, although I'm not referring to that here.

PiV can still be gay if you're both girls or enbies.

I'm referring to sex, not gender.

Btw I do hope that eventually individualy LGBT months are replaced by entire fair treatment of LGBT people, a bit similar to year round pride months but treating LGBT people less differently.

TERFs, by definition, exclude all trans women. Transmeds do not, by definition, exclude all trans people who fail to pass. Your sweeping generalisations are quite frankly offensive. Sure, some transmeds are hostile to those who don't pass well, but that does not mean that all are. It would be useful if you gave evidence of your NB friend's experience.

SC/EN-Saciu
FR/ES-Saquiu
PT/CA-Sáquio
IT-Sacchio
DE/SV/NL/PL/SW-Sakiu
AR-ساكيو
HI-साकिउ
RU-Сакиу
JA-さきう
EL-Σάκιο
BN-সাকিউ
ZH-撒库

Loben The 2nd
Senator

Founded: Apr 29, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Loben The 2nd » Tue Jul 16, 2019 1:21 pm

Vassenor wrote:

i mean veterans only get a day.
no quarter.
Satisfaction guaranteed.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General