NATION

PASSWORD

What would your personal utopia be like?

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

What do you think of my utopia?

Poll ended at Sun Jan 09, 2022 5:25 pm

It's my utopia too!
9%
It's quite good, though there are some things I'd change
25%
It's decent: some positives and some negatives
22%
I don't like it, but I can see its appeal
24%
Who in their right mind would want to live there?
20%

Total votes : 85

Purpelia
Post Czar

Founded: Oct 19, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Purpelia » Wed Apr 24, 2019 2:14 pm

Slotted Floppies wrote:
Purpelia wrote:How does not having to work change any of those? You still get to work. You just get to do what ever the hell you love and are good at as opposed to having to waste your days worrying about making a living.

Devoid of existential concerns artists get to do art, scientists get to do science, engineers get to do engineering, carpenters can do carpentry etc. Everyone can devote his life to doing that which they find fulfilling and accomplishing. As opposed to spending 8 hours of each day (or more) laboring in a profession they hate just because it sells well.

Or are you one of those people who think people will just lie down and become Jabba the Hutt the moment they don't have to fear about starvation?

I liked the part where you described art as work.
Meeting your existential concerns daily is a, possibly the key part of virtue.

You see how you used Janna the hut as a warning figure of what can go wrong with me if I don’t work?.
Because from my perspective you are the warning of what can go wrong with people if they don’t work everyday.

If you feel having to worry about survival on a daily basis is a virtue you either have newer tried it or are not sane. I'd wager the former.
Purpelia does not reflect my actual world views. In fact, the vast majority of Purpelian cannon is meant to shock and thus deliberately insane. I just like playing with the idea of a country of madmen utterly convinced that everyone else are the barbarians. So play along or not but don't ever think it's for real.

The above post contains hyperbole, metaphoric language, embellishment and exaggeration. It may also include badly translated figures of speech and misused idioms. Analyze accordingly.

Slotted Floppies
Envoy

Founded: Mar 12, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Slotted Floppies » Wed Apr 24, 2019 2:45 pm

Purpelia wrote:
Slotted Floppies wrote:
I liked the part where you described art as work.
Meeting your existential concerns daily is a, possibly the key part of virtue.

You see how you used Janna the hut as a warning figure of what can go wrong with me if I don’t work?.
Because from my perspective you are the warning of what can go wrong with people if they don’t work everyday.

If you feel having to worry about survival on a daily basis is a virtue you either have newer tried it or are not sane. I'd wager the former.

Achieving survival is the virtue.
Reheated Donuts.
Stalest sweet food on NSG

The Layfetian Republic
Spokesperson

Founded: Apr 02, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby The Layfetian Republic » Fri Apr 26, 2019 8:35 pm

Fully Automated Luxury Gay Space Communism

Purpelia
Post Czar

Founded: Oct 19, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Purpelia » Sat Apr 27, 2019 2:53 am

Slotted Floppies wrote:
Purpelia wrote:If you feel having to worry about survival on a daily basis is a virtue you either have newer tried it or are not sane. I'd wager the former.

Achieving survival is the virtue.

Said like someone who newer had to struggle for anything in his life.
Purpelia does not reflect my actual world views. In fact, the vast majority of Purpelian cannon is meant to shock and thus deliberately insane. I just like playing with the idea of a country of madmen utterly convinced that everyone else are the barbarians. So play along or not but don't ever think it's for real.

The above post contains hyperbole, metaphoric language, embellishment and exaggeration. It may also include badly translated figures of speech and misused idioms. Analyze accordingly.

Ankura
Secretary

Founded: Mar 22, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Ankura » Sat Apr 27, 2019 2:56 am

No Islam. That's the first rule.

No politics or politicans working for their short-term goals. Work not for money, but for common good and also provision of needs, luxury and basic alike.

Previous

Return to General