NATION

PASSWORD

Differences in racial consciousness

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

New haven america
Post Czar

Founded: Oct 08, 2012
Left-Leaning College State

Postby New haven america » Sat Apr 13, 2019 6:35 pm

Hanafuridake wrote:
Liriena wrote:Hairy chests? Damn, them Basques must be popular on Grindr.

I've never understood why those were appealing.

People who are into those who produce large amounts of testosterone generally like the hair testosterone creates.
Human of the male variety
Will accept TGs
Char/Axis 2024

That's all folks~

Christian Confederation
Senator

Founded: Dec 12, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Christian Confederation » Sat Apr 13, 2019 7:09 pm

Hanafuridake wrote:
Christian Confederation wrote:Yeah plus since WW2 most people have been told if you are proud to be white or proud of your Nation your considerd literally hittler.

Have you ever heard of this thing called segregation?

Yes anime girl, why?
Founder of the moderate alliance
Open to new members, and embassy's.
My telagram box is always open for productive conversation.
IRL political views center right/ right.

Hanafuridake
Negotiator

Founded: Sep 09, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Hanafuridake » Sat Apr 13, 2019 7:25 pm

Christian Confederation wrote:
Hanafuridake wrote:
Have you ever heard of this thing called segregation?

Yes anime girl, why?

Then you can't claim some sort of anti-white narrative was pushed since WW2 considering black people weren't even allowed to drink from the same damn water fountain for years afterward.
Nation name in proper language: 花降岳|पुष्पद्वीप
Theravada Buddhist
李贽 wrote:There is nothing difficult about becoming a sage, and nothing false about transcending the world of appearances.
Suriyanakhon's alt, finally found my old account's password

New haven america
Post Czar

Founded: Oct 08, 2012
Left-Leaning College State

Postby New haven america » Sat Apr 13, 2019 7:27 pm

Hanafuridake wrote:
Christian Confederation wrote:Yes anime girl, why?

Then you can't claim some sort of anti-white narrative was pushed since WW2 considering black people weren't even allowed to drink from the same damn water fountain for years afterward.

To those who are privileged, equality feels like oppression.
Human of the male variety
Will accept TGs
Char/Axis 2024

That's all folks~

Christian Confederation
Senator

Founded: Dec 12, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Christian Confederation » Sun Apr 14, 2019 1:26 pm

Hanafuridake wrote:
Christian Confederation wrote:Yes anime girl, why?

What does that have to do with anything.
Founder of the moderate alliance
Open to new members, and embassy's.
My telagram box is always open for productive conversation.
IRL political views center right/ right.

Bear Stearns
Postmaster-General

Founded: Dec 02, 2018
Capitalizt

Postby Bear Stearns » Sun Apr 14, 2019 1:29 pm

It is expected that white racial consciousness will rise in the United States as racial politics become more combative.

In the past, whites had a commanding 90% of the population and didn't really need to think about it. As our numbers dip below 50% in the coming decades, there will be a bit of a turf war. Grand coalition building will become impossible.
Last edited by Bear Stearns on Sun Apr 14, 2019 1:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The Bear Stearns Companies, Inc. is a New York-based global investment bank, securities trading and brokerage firm. Its main business areas are capital markets, investment banking, wealth management and global clearing services. Bear Stearns was founded as an equity trading house on May Day 1923 by Joseph Ainslie Bear, Robert B. Stearns and Harold C. Mayer with $500,000 in capital.
383 Madison Ave,
New York, NY 10017
Vince Vaughn

Esternial
Retired Moderator

Founded: May 09, 2009
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Esternial » Sun Apr 14, 2019 1:37 pm

The blAAtschApen wrote:
Esternial wrote:Ah, Pew research center. Lovely folks. Bit dense.

I wouldn't have the foggiest about "white cultural heritage", but I don't think these people's skin color are the main contributor to their personal identity. It's mainly because these people were confined to themselves and their own in the past, forming a tight community. See it as a "nation within a nation" if you will. I'm strained to believe that black people in the UK would share all that much culturally with black people in the US, so I feel this survey wrongly presents the weight of this variable.

What people call racial heritage is to me an infranational cultural heritage. I'm sure people with an Italian heritage in the US can also still strongly associate themselves with an Italian cultural heritage. Their race doesn't quite matter that much there.

It's just easy to use skin color as a distinguisher, but it's overly simplistic.

What kind of Italians are we talking about? Sicilians? Lombardians? :unsure:

The sexy ones.

Kanadorika
Minister

Founded: May 04, 2015
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Kanadorika » Sun Apr 14, 2019 1:37 pm

Why would I merely identify as white? That puts me in the same boat as Germans and God forbid I identify with the Hun.

I am an Anglo Hispano thank you very much.
☠ JOIN ETHARIA. I'M NO LONGER ASKING ☠
Almost exclusively on discord these days. Everything here is outdated.
Welcome to Kanadorika! From the Arctic tundra of Leirhofn to the sandy dunes of Gulland, we have it all.
Treko wrote:"You look Kanadorikan! The women are usually tall with big breasts! you fit that description."

Bear Stearns
Postmaster-General

Capitalizt

Postby Bear Stearns » Sun Apr 14, 2019 1:38 pm

Kanadorika wrote:Why would I merely identify as white? That puts me in the same boat as Germans and God forbid I identify with the Hun.

Does this mean your ethnicity is half Anglo, half Hispanic? Or does it mean that you're a Hispanic who's assimilated into Anglo culture? Or is it an Anglo who has assimilated into Hispanic culture?
The Bear Stearns Companies, Inc. is a New York-based global investment bank, securities trading and brokerage firm. Its main business areas are capital markets, investment banking, wealth management and global clearing services. Bear Stearns was founded as an equity trading house on May Day 1923 by Joseph Ainslie Bear, Robert B. Stearns and Harold C. Mayer with $500,000 in capital.
383 Madison Ave,
New York, NY 10017
Vince Vaughn

Kanadorika
Minister

Founded: May 04, 2015
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Kanadorika » Sun Apr 14, 2019 1:41 pm

Bear Stearns wrote:
Kanadorika wrote:Why would I merely identify as white? That puts me in the same boat as Germans and God forbid I identify with the Hun.

Does this mean your ethnicity is half Anglo, half Hispanic? Or does it mean that you're a Hispanic who's assimilated into Anglo culture? Or is it an Anglo who has assimilated into Hispanic culture?

I have ancestry from both Spain and England. The hispano part refers to the fact that my Spanish ancestry has been living in New Mexico since the 1500s. I'm not a Latino, but Hispanic.
☠ JOIN ETHARIA. I'M NO LONGER ASKING ☠
Almost exclusively on discord these days. Everything here is outdated.
Welcome to Kanadorika! From the Arctic tundra of Leirhofn to the sandy dunes of Gulland, we have it all.
Treko wrote:"You look Kanadorikan! The women are usually tall with big breasts! you fit that description."

Bear Stearns
Postmaster-General

Capitalizt

Postby Bear Stearns » Sun Apr 14, 2019 1:44 pm

Kanadorika wrote:
Bear Stearns wrote:

I have ancestry from both Spain and England. The hispano part refers to the fact that my Spanish ancestry has been living in New Mexico since the 1500s. I'm not a Latino, but Hispanic.

Ah, so you're an American.
383 Madison Ave,
New York, NY 10017
Vince Vaughn

Duhon
Senator

Founded: Nov 21, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Duhon » Sun Apr 14, 2019 3:08 pm

Bear Stearns wrote:It is expected that white racial consciousness will rise in the United States as racial politics become more combative.

In the past, whites had a commanding 90% of the population and didn't really need to think about it. As our numbers dip below 50% in the coming decades, there will be a bit of a turf war. Grand coalition building will become impossible.

Yeah, so let's not go Helter Skelter on this thing, now --

-- which is to say, what nonsense. Let's just sleep together, or sleep on it, whichever suits you.

Diarcesia
Negotiator

Founded: Aug 21, 2016
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Diarcesia » Sun Apr 14, 2019 3:09 pm

Vojelneit wrote:This may be even more true for races that have historically been harshly oppressed, such as Blacks (who display the highest percentage in this study) with slavery and segregation, which obviously makes them develop a stronger sense of racial consciousness due to the hardships they have endured.

Because the slave masters forbade them to practice much of their culture, and since they consider it an existential threat to them and their identity, the Blacks had to improvise, adapt, and overcome. Same thing with the Germans regarding the perceived Jewish menace, thus we had WW2.

On the other hand, I also believe that Whites may have unfortunately been led to learn, over the past few decades, that their racial pride and their sense of racial consciousness was less valid than other races' because of their traditional position of relative privilege in the West compared to minorities.

Others have already mentioned it. Self-criticism is not hate. The 'self-hate' that people say, I perceive more as overweening concern that society will repeat the mistakes of the previous generation. Of course there would be those who are misguidedly zealous and are prone to hypercorrection. The positive contributions of the Whites as part of Western civilization is something to celebrate with. The thing is, as I understand it, membership in Western civilization isn't supposed to be determined by your race. It's a set of ideals that anyone can subscribe to.

As someone who greatly values racial diversity and pride for all peoples, I think it's unfortunate that certain groups may have lost their sense of racial identity - but what is your take on that, NSG? Can other factors than the ones I have presented explain this phenomenon? Is it better that no one or, on the contrary, everyone be attached to their racial heritage? Do you believe this situation must be solved in the first place, or do you think that the loss of racial consciousness for certain groups can have a positive impact? Discuss.

I think the most important lesson is that your race should not determine your future choices or your self-worth. If you think that you're going against the pigeon hole society associates your race with, don't be afraid. Race is not the sole or even majority contributor into you as a person. Of course with the obvious disclaimer that it's as long as you don't deny others' rights and freedom.
Last edited by Diarcesia on Sun Apr 14, 2019 3:12 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Cameroi
Post Marshal

Founded: Dec 24, 2005
Ex-Nation

Postby Cameroi » Sun Apr 14, 2019 3:12 pm

differences of cultural circumstance. different places, different demographics.
truth isn't what i say. isn't what you say. isn't what anybody says. truth is what is there, when no one is saying anything.

"economic freedom" is "the cake"
=^^=
.../\...

UniversalCommons
Senator

Founded: Jan 24, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby UniversalCommons » Sun Apr 14, 2019 3:26 pm

As we have better genetic testing which shows where populations are from, there will be increasing conflict between the idea of genetic history and race. Genetic history is scientific and provable while race is constructed.

Hatterleigh
Ambassador

Founded: Sep 07, 2016

Postby Hatterleigh » Sun Apr 14, 2019 6:38 pm

Arcturus Novus wrote:Turns out that minority groups think their race is important to them when their race was used as a tool to oppress them in various ways for several hundred years.

Also, there is no real White American(tm) identity. The reason that we see, say, black pride in the US develop is because of a unified history and culture (i.e. one of oppression and hardship). Whiteness as an identity is skin-deep, pun intended.

Whites did have a unified history in culture in the U.S... It's called American history and culture. However any semblance of white identity has been eroded away by an acidic consumerist culture and a capitalist society. That is the ultimate tragedy of the white American, they lack identity. You need an identity to be motivated. The identity held humanity together and split it apart for 200,000 years, like sediment building up and crumbling away. The urge to help your tribe, your group. The urge to pick your group over others. When you have no group, no identity, the only thing left to work towards is the things the higher ups in society want you to look for. Money, temporary pleasure, a meaningless promotion.
✦ ✦ ✦ The Free Domain of Hatterleigh ✦ ✦ ✦
National News Network: William Botrum entering last days in office - President-elect Rood preparing or term
Overview of Hatterleigh | William Botrum, Hatterleigh's President | Hatterlese Embassy Program | I don't use NS stats.

Hatterleigh
Ambassador

Founded: Sep 07, 2016

Postby Hatterleigh » Sun Apr 14, 2019 6:39 pm

UniversalCommons wrote:As we have better genetic testing which shows where populations are from, there will be increasing conflict between the idea of genetic history and race. Genetic history is scientific and provable while race is constructed.

There are real races, however they don't line up perfectly with the races we have constructed and there is a lot of grey areas
✦ ✦ ✦ The Free Domain of Hatterleigh ✦ ✦ ✦
National News Network: William Botrum entering last days in office - President-elect Rood preparing or term
Overview of Hatterleigh | William Botrum, Hatterleigh's President | Hatterlese Embassy Program | I don't use NS stats.

Holy Tedalonia
Postmaster-General

Founded: Nov 14, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Holy Tedalonia » Sun Apr 14, 2019 6:42 pm

Fuck racial identity, we all know where it leads to down the road, take pride and identity in culture not ethnicity.
Name: Ted
I have hot takes, I like roasting the fuck out of bad takes, and I don't take shit way too seriously.
I M P E R I A LR E P U B L I C

Previous

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General