NATION

PASSWORD

Islamic Discussion Thread ٥: Free Tajweed, Absolutely Halaal

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

What denomination of Islam are you part of?

Sunni
44%
Salafi
3%
Shi'a
8%
Qur'ani
2%
Ahmadi
2%
IbaaDi
2%
Sufi (either Sunni or Shi'a)
5%
Non-Denominational
15%
Other
18%

Total votes : 566

The Galactic Liberal Democracy
Minister

Founded: Jun 13, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby The Galactic Liberal Democracy » Tue Apr 09, 2019 3:34 pm

Grenartia wrote:Because I'm convinced he is Parkus.

I don’t know much about this Parkus guy, but I found a bit. His sig looked familiar and I remembered the name of a nation with a similar signature. I searched it up, and sure enough, Parkus has been here since The Parkus Empire CTE’d. Mardla was one of their nation. If that guy is Parkus, his signature is definitely different.
NOT STORMTROOPERS
Cossack Khanate wrote:This shall forever be known as World War Sh*t: Newark Aggression. Now if I see one more troop deployed, I will call on the force of all the Hindu gods to reverse time and wipe your race of the face of the planet. Cease.

The Black Party wrote:(TBP kamikaze's into all 99999999999 nukes before they hit our territory because we just have that many pilots ready to die for dah blak regime, we also counter-attack into your nation with our entire population of 45 million because this RP allows it.)

El-Amin Caliphate wrote:Galatic Liberal Democracy short-circuits all of NS with FACTS and LOGIC

Grenartia
Post Czar

Founded: Feb 14, 2010
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Grenartia » Tue Apr 09, 2019 3:35 pm

The Galactic Liberal Democracy wrote:

I don’t know much about this Parkus guy, but I found a bit. His sig looked familiar and I remembered the name of a nation with a similar signature. I searched it up, and sure enough, Parkus has been here since The Parkus Empire CTE’d. Mardla was one of their nation. If that guy is Parkus, his signature is definitely different.

Protip: having a different signature doesn't mean he's not Parkus. He could be putting on an act.
Lib-left. Antifascist, antitankie, anti-capitalist, anti-imperialist (including the imperialism of non-western countries). Christian (Unitarian Universalist). Background in physics.
Mostly a girl. She or they pronouns, please. Unrepentant transbian.
Reject tradition, embrace modernity.
People who call themselves based NEVER are.
The truth about kids transitioning.

El-Amin Caliphate
Post Marshal

Founded: Apr 05, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby El-Amin Caliphate » Tue Apr 09, 2019 3:36 pm

Grenartia wrote:
El-Amin Caliphate wrote:

What, do you not think that polygyny and slavery are part of Al-Islam?

Not in any truly civilized strain of it, just like there's no polygamy or slavery in any truly civilized strain of Christianity, Judaism, or any other religion.

I said polygyny, not polygamy. Anyways, here's polygyny in the Holy Qur'an:
https://legacy.quran.com/4/3
As for slavery, it has been a highly debated topic. There are many rules on treatment of slaves which can be found here:
https://www.nationstates.net/nation=el-amin_caliphate/detail=factbook/id=1119107:
Slavery in Al-Islam:
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Wic1CdJKufY
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=4sVo_-j2THE
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=pn1ubtoL95c
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=h9d6sZJRNYQ
https://islamqa.info/en/94840
http://islam-wa-sunnah.com/fatwa/index. ... definition
https://www.al-islam.org/slavery-from-i ... ks-slavery
http://www.islamweb.net/en/article/1174 ... of-slavery
http://islam-wa-sunnah.com/fatwa/index. ... definition
Kubumba Tribe's sister nation. NOT A PUPPET! >w< In fact, this one came 1st.
Proud Full Member of the Council of Islamic Cooperation!^u^
I'm a (Pan) Islamist ;)
CLICK THIS
https://americanvision.org/948/theonomy-vs-theocracy/ wrote:God’s law cannot govern a nation where God’s law does not rule in the hearts of the people

Democracy and Freedom Index
Plaetopia wrote:Partly Free / Hybrid regime (score 4-6) El-Amin Caliphate (5.33)

El-Amin Caliphate
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby El-Amin Caliphate » Tue Apr 09, 2019 3:39 pm

Kragholm Free States wrote:
El-Amin Caliphate wrote:

What, do you not think that polygyny and slavery are part of Al-Islam?

I have daleel from the Holy Qur'an and Sunnah, I'm not lying nor misguided (unless I'm misinterpreting something, then a brother or sister can correct me).

So you're happily admitting that Islam is a religion of slavery? Wonderful.

I was gonna say "no" but you're actually right. Muslims are considered as "عِبَادِ الله/'Ibaadillah" or "slaves/servants of Allah".
I'm a (Pan) Islamist ;)
CLICK THIS
https://americanvision.org/948/theonomy-vs-theocracy/ wrote:God’s law cannot govern a nation where God’s law does not rule in the hearts of the people

Plaetopia wrote:Partly Free / Hybrid regime (score 4-6) El-Amin Caliphate (5.33)

Grenartia
Post Czar

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Grenartia » Tue Apr 09, 2019 3:39 pm

El-Amin Caliphate wrote:
Grenartia wrote:
Not in any truly civilized strain of it, just like there's no polygamy or slavery in any truly civilized strain of Christianity, Judaism, or any other religion.

I said polygyny, not polygamy.

Tomato, tomato.

Do you not fucking comprehend that the problem isn't with the treatment of slaves, its the fact that they are allowed in the first place?
Lib-left. Antifascist, antitankie, anti-capitalist, anti-imperialist (including the imperialism of non-western countries). Christian (Unitarian Universalist). Background in physics.

The Galactic Liberal Democracy
Minister

Founded: Jun 13, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby The Galactic Liberal Democracy » Tue Apr 09, 2019 3:42 pm

Grenartia wrote:Protip: having a different signature doesn't mean he's not Parkus. He could be putting on an act.

From the information I found, he doesn’t seem to be the kind of the person that wouldn’t say HOMOPHOBE AND PROUD every chance he got.
NOT STORMTROOPERS
Cossack Khanate wrote:This shall forever be known as World War Sh*t: Newark Aggression. Now if I see one more troop deployed, I will call on the force of all the Hindu gods to reverse time and wipe your race of the face of the planet. Cease.

The Black Party wrote:(TBP kamikaze's into all 99999999999 nukes before they hit our territory because we just have that many pilots ready to die for dah blak regime, we also counter-attack into your nation with our entire population of 45 million because this RP allows it.)

El-Amin Caliphate wrote:Galatic Liberal Democracy short-circuits all of NS with FACTS and LOGIC

El-Amin Caliphate
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby El-Amin Caliphate » Tue Apr 09, 2019 3:43 pm

Grenartia wrote:
El-Amin Caliphate wrote:I said polygyny, not polygamy.

Tomato, tomato.

Do you not *ucking comprehend that the problem isn't with the treatment of slaves, its the fact that they are allowed in the first place?

Well at lesst you can find the difference in Islamic slavery and New World slavery. Anyways polygyny and slavery is a part of Al-Islam whether you like it or not. I've shown you the proof, which defeats your claim of Al-Islam not having these beliefs.

Also polygyny and polygamy aren't the same thing. Polygyny is a form of polygamy, but polygamy is not polygyny.
Last edited by El-Amin Caliphate on Tue Apr 09, 2019 3:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I'm a (Pan) Islamist ;)
CLICK THIS

Grenartia
Post Czar

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Grenartia » Tue Apr 09, 2019 3:48 pm

Grenartia wrote:Protip: having a different signature doesn't mean he's not Parkus. He could be putting on an act.

From the information I found, he doesn’t seem to be the kind of the person that wouldn’t say HOMOPHOBE AND PROUD every chance he got.

He's putting on an act. How many times do I have to say that?

Either that, or he actually did convert to Islam, and is lying about not being Parkus.

El-Amin Caliphate wrote:
Grenartia wrote:
Tomato, tomato.

Do you not *ucking comprehend that the problem isn't with the treatment of slaves, its the fact that they are allowed in the first place?

Well at lesst you can find the difference in Islamic slavery and New World slavery.

It doesn't matter whether the dogshit is brown or green, its still dogshit.

Anyways polygyny and slavery is a part of Al-Islam whether you like it or not. I've shown you the proof, which defeats your claim of Al-Islam notbhaving these beliefs.

My claim wasn't that it didn't exist in any strain of Islam, my claim is that it doesn't exist in any truly civilized strain of Islam.

Also polygyny and polygamy aren't the same thing. Polygyny is a form of polygamy, but polygamy is not polygyny.

I care not for your semantics.

Hanafuridake
Negotiator

Founded: Sep 09, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Hanafuridake » Tue Apr 09, 2019 3:51 pm

I reached the conclusion that he was Parkus separately from Grenartia because of the similarities between posting styles and interests. He even used the same examples to argue that Jefferson Davis was a good person. 2 + 2 = 4.
Nation name in proper language: 花降岳|पुष्पद्वीप
Theravada Buddhist
李贽 wrote:There is nothing difficult about becoming a sage, and nothing false about transcending the world of appearances.
Suriyanakhon's alt, finally found my old account's password

El-Amin Caliphate
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby El-Amin Caliphate » Tue Apr 09, 2019 3:52 pm

Grenartia wrote:My claim wasn't that it didn't exist in any strain of Islam, my claim is that it doesn't exist in any truly civilized strain of Islam.

Then your claim doesn't make sense. Polygyny and slavery are literally in the Holy Qur'an, the only "strain of Islam" that wouldn't believe that literally wouldn't even be Islam in the 1st place. And you using "civilised" is a buzzword anyway. Every advanced human interaction is civilization, hence "civilised". Just because you don't like it doesn't make it uncivilized.
I'm a (Pan) Islamist ;)
CLICK THIS

El-Amin Caliphate
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby El-Amin Caliphate » Tue Apr 09, 2019 3:55 pm

Grenartia, to put what you're saying in more frank terms, what you're saying is that Muslims should just disregard parts of the Holy Qur'an that you don't like. That's what you're saying.
I'm a (Pan) Islamist ;)
CLICK THIS

Grenartia
Post Czar

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Grenartia » Tue Apr 09, 2019 3:56 pm

El-Amin Caliphate wrote:
Grenartia wrote:My claim wasn't that it didn't exist in any strain of Islam, my claim is that it doesn't exist in any truly civilized strain of Islam.

Then your claim doesn't make sense. Polygyny and slavery are literally in the Holy Qur'an, the only "strain of Islam" that wouldn't believe that literally wouldn't even be Islam in the 1st place.

You sound just like the people who enslaved your ancestors.

And you using "civilised" is a buzzword anyway. Every advanced human interaction is civilization, hence "civilised". Just because you don't like it doesn't make it uncivilized.

Civilized means the society in question has an ethical high ground. Said high ground exists regardless of religion or race.

El-Amin Caliphate wrote:Grenartia, to put what you're saying in more frank terms, what you're saying is that Muslims should just disregard parts of the Holy Qur'an that you don't like. That's what you're saying.

I'm saying that they shouldn't adhere to bullshit that reduces the moral legitimacy of their religion.
Last edited by Grenartia on Tue Apr 09, 2019 3:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

El-Amin Caliphate
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby El-Amin Caliphate » Tue Apr 09, 2019 4:01 pm

Grenartia wrote:I'm saying that they shouldn't adhere to bullsh*t that reduces the moral legitimacy of their religion.

Yeah, so disregard parts of our religion. Also on what basis are you saying that Islamic slavery and polygyny reduces the morality of Al-Islam?
Last edited by El-Amin Caliphate on Tue Apr 09, 2019 4:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I'm a (Pan) Islamist ;)
CLICK THIS

Kragholm Free States
Diplomat

Founded: Mar 19, 2017
Capitalist Paradise

Postby Kragholm Free States » Tue Apr 09, 2019 4:05 pm

El-Amin Caliphate wrote:
Grenartia wrote:I'm saying that they shouldn't adhere to bullsh*t that reduces the moral legitimacy of their religion.

Yeah, so disregard parts of our religion. Also on what basis are you saying that Islamic slavery and polygyny reduces the morality of Al-Islam?

The fact that slavery is fucking evil, perhaps?
Formerly New Aerios, Est. 2012.
I don't use NS stats, here's my perpetually WIP factbooks.
Obligatory Political Compass:
Econ: 3.88 (R), Soc: -4.97 (L)
Civil Libertarian, Monarchist, Decentralist, Economic Localist, Englishman.
Old posts not necessarily representative of current views.

Grenartia
Post Czar

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Grenartia » Tue Apr 09, 2019 4:06 pm

El-Amin Caliphate wrote:

"Owning" other people is inherently morally wrong, as is taking multiple child brides (regardless of whether or not they're technically old enough to bear children).

Combining the two is especially vile.

Either your sect of Islam must recognize this, or it shall be replaced by sects which do.

El-Amin Caliphate
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby El-Amin Caliphate » Tue Apr 09, 2019 4:07 pm

El-Amin Caliphate wrote:Yeah, so disregard parts of our religion. Also on what basis are you saying that Islamic slavery and polygyny reduces the morality of Al-Islam?

The fact that slavery is *ucking evil, perhaps?

We're talking specifically about Islamic slavery, not slavery in general. At least I am. But regardless that doesn't answer on what moral basis Grenartia is saying that Al-Islam is morally hindered by Islamic slavery and polygyny.
I'm a (Pan) Islamist ;)
CLICK THIS

Genivaria
Khan of Spam

Founded: Mar 29, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Genivaria » Tue Apr 09, 2019 4:09 pm

El-Amin Caliphate wrote:

We're talking specifically about Islamic slavery, not slavery in general. At least I am. But regardless that doesn't answer on what moral basis Grenartia is saying that Al-Islam is morally hindered by Islamic slavery and polygyny.

"We're talking about Islamic murder, not murder in general."
Imagine thinking this line means anything to anyone.

Kragholm Free States
Diplomat

Founded: Mar 19, 2017
Capitalist Paradise

Postby Kragholm Free States » Tue Apr 09, 2019 4:10 pm

El-Amin Caliphate wrote:

Slavery doesn't suddenly become not fucking evil because some old warlord says it's great in his shitty fantasy book, you know.
Formerly New Aerios, Est. 2012.
I don't use NS stats, here's my perpetually WIP factbooks.
Obligatory Political Compass:
Econ: 3.88 (R), Soc: -4.97 (L)
Civil Libertarian, Monarchist, Decentralist, Economic Localist, Englishman.
Old posts not necessarily representative of current views.

Farnhamia
Game Moderator

Founded: Jun 20, 2006
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Farnhamia » Tue Apr 09, 2019 4:11 pm

El-Amin Caliphate wrote:We're talking specifically about Islamic slavery, not slavery in general. At least I am. But regardless that doesn't answer on what moral basis Grenartia is saying that Al-Islam is morally hindered by Islamic slavery and polygyny.

Slavery doesn't suddenly become not fucking evil because some old warlord says it's great in his shitty fantasy book, you know.

Dial back the trollish posting, why don't you?
Make Earth Great Again: Stop Continental Drift!
And Jesus was a sailor when he walked upon the water ...
"Make yourself at home, Frank. Hit somebody." RIP Don Rickles
My country, right or wrong; if right, to be kept right; and if wrong, to be set right. ~ Carl Schurz
<Sigh> NSG...where even the atheists are Augustinians. ~ The Archregimancy
Now the foot is on the other hand ~ Kannap
RIP Dyakovo ... Ashmoria (Freedom ... or cake)
This is the eighth line. If your signature is longer, it's too long.

El-Amin Caliphate
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby El-Amin Caliphate » Tue Apr 09, 2019 4:11 pm

Grenartia wrote:
El-Amin Caliphate wrote:Yeah, so disregard parts of our religion. Also on what basis are you saying that Islamic slavery and polygyny reduces the morality of Al-Islam?

"Owning" other people is inherently morally wrong, as is taking multiple child brides (regardless of whether or not they're technically old enough to bear children).

Who said anything about child brides?
Grenartia wrote:Either your sect of Islam must recognize this, or it shall be replaced by sects which do.

I don't follow a sect. I also still don't know why you're talking about sects like polygyny and slavery is only supported by 1 or a few sects. It's literally in the Holy Qur'an and Sunnah. Especially polygyny.

You also still didn't answer those question:
El-Amin Caliphate wrote:on what basis are you saying that Islamic slavery and polygyny reduces the morality of Al-Islam?
I'm a (Pan) Islamist ;)
CLICK THIS

Grenartia
Post Czar

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Grenartia » Tue Apr 09, 2019 4:21 pm

El-Amin Caliphate wrote:
Grenartia wrote:

Who said anything about child brides?

Polygamy traditionally includes (across all the Abrahamic religions) marrying little girls off to vastly older men.

Grenartia wrote:Either your sect of Islam must recognize this, or it shall be replaced by sects which do.

I don't follow a sect.

Whether or not you think you do, you do.

I also still don't know why you're talking about sects like polygyny and slavery is only supported by 1 or a few sects. It's literally in the Holy Qur'an and Sunnah. Especially polygyny.

That doesn't actually justify anything.

You also still didn't answer those question:
El-Amin Caliphate wrote:on what basis are you saying that Islamic slavery and polygyny reduces the morality of Al-Islam?

I actually did answer that:

Grenartia wrote:"Owning" other people is inherently morally wrong, as is taking multiple child brides (regardless of whether or not they're technically old enough to bear children).

El-Amin Caliphate
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby El-Amin Caliphate » Tue Apr 09, 2019 4:23 pm

Grenartia wrote:
El-Amin Caliphate wrote:Who said anything about child brides?

Polygamy traditionally includes (across all the Abrahamic religions) marrying little girls off to vastly older men.

That shouldn't be happening.
Grenartia wrote:I actually did answer that:

Grenartia wrote:"Owning" other people is inherently morally wrong, as is taking multiple child brides (regardless of whether or not they're technically old enough to bear children).

Ok, and what moral basis are you using go say that this is "morally wrong"?
Last edited by El-Amin Caliphate on Tue Apr 09, 2019 4:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I'm a (Pan) Islamist ;)
CLICK THIS

Grenartia
Post Czar

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Grenartia » Tue Apr 09, 2019 4:36 pm

El-Amin Caliphate wrote:
Grenartia wrote:

Can you prove this?

Its common knowledge.

Eh, regardless that shouldn't be happening.
Grenartia wrote:I actually did answer that:

Ok, and what moral basis are you using go say that this is "morally wrong"?

It should be self evident that slavery is inherently morally wrong.

El-Amin Caliphate
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby El-Amin Caliphate » Tue Apr 09, 2019 4:39 pm

Grenartia wrote:It should be self evident that slavery is inherently morally wrong.

Why are you avoiding the question?

On what moral basis are you saying that slavery (which btw are we talking about Islamic slavery or slavery in general?) is morally wrong?

If you need me to explain this question I will.
Last edited by El-Amin Caliphate on Tue Apr 09, 2019 4:39 pm, edited 2 times in total.
I'm a (Pan) Islamist ;)
CLICK THIS

Zizou
Diplomat

Founded: Aug 23, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Zizou » Tue Apr 09, 2019 4:41 pm

Well, this is an interesting series of posts to log on to...
Zizou Vytherov-Skollvaldr
LTN in The Black Hawks
Meishu of the former Red Sun Army
Parxland wrote:It might somehow give me STDs through the computer screen with how often you hop between different groups of people.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General