NATION

PASSWORD

TET: What the TET?

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

Pax Nerdvana
Post Marshal

Founded: May 22, 2017
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Pax Nerdvana » Sun Jun 16, 2019 5:11 am

Stattr wrote:
Pax Nerdvana wrote:How are you doing Statt?

Better than i was a year ago. How are you?

Bluelight-R006 wrote:Welcome back, I guess, although I’ve seen you only twice as of now.

Haha, it's alright. i've been on and off for a long time.

The Blaatschapen wrote:
One of the things that NSG and Vietnam have in common :)

Yes yes indeed.

F7 is the one that gave me the most lol.

I'm doing good. I'm waiting to get the results of my drug test so I can actually get hired.
The Internet killed gun control.
Quotes
We Will Not Comply
They can’t stop the Signal
"The universe did never make sense; I suspect it was built on government contract."
-Robert Heinlein

"Affordability
Suitability (.22LR for squirrels, bigger .22s for long range little things, and big-bore for legal hunting reasons, etc)
Ammunition supply-chain (6.5x55 Swede and .303 British, although available, isn't exactly everywhere)
If it's ugly, uncomfortable, and can't shoot straight, but it accomplishes the above, then it's either a Mosin or a Hi-Point."
-Hurtful Thoughts on stuff you want in a gun

The Blaatschapen
Technical Moderator

Founded: Antiquity
Anarchy

Postby The Blaatschapen » Sun Jun 16, 2019 5:13 am

Pax Nerdvana wrote:
Stattr wrote:Better than i was a year ago. How are you?

Yes yes indeed.

F7 is the one that gave me the most lol.

I'm doing good. I'm waiting to get the results of my drug test so I can actually get hired.

I hope the result is positive.

Wait... negative? :unsure:

These kind of idioms confuse me.

I hope the result is what you desire it to be :)
The Blaatschapen should resign

Ethel mermania
Post Overlord

Founded: Aug 20, 2010
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Ethel mermania » Sun Jun 16, 2019 5:14 am

The Blaatschapen wrote:
Stattr wrote: :hug:

It's also giving me flashbacks.

I would have gone with LSD, but sure.
https://www.hvst.com/posts/the-clash-of ... s-wl2TQBpY

The West won the world not by the superiority of its ideas or values or religion … but rather by its superiority in applying organized violence. Westerners often forget this fact; non-Westerners never do.
--S. Huntington

The most fundamental problem of politics is not the control of wickedness but the limitation of righteousness. 

--H. Kissenger

Pax Nerdvana
Post Marshal

Postby Pax Nerdvana » Sun Jun 16, 2019 5:15 am

The Blaatschapen wrote:
Pax Nerdvana wrote:I'm doing good. I'm waiting to get the results of my drug test so I can actually get hired.

Well I don't take any illicit substances, so i should be fine. :)
Quotes
We Will Not Comply
"The universe did never make sense; I suspect it was built on government contract."
-Robert Heinlein

"Affordability
Suitability (.22LR for squirrels, bigger .22s for long range little things, and big-bore for legal hunting reasons, etc)
Ammunition supply-chain (6.5x55 Swede and .303 British, although available, isn't exactly everywhere)
If it's ugly, uncomfortable, and can't shoot straight, but it accomplishes the above, then it's either a Mosin or a Hi-Point."

Ethel mermania
Post Overlord

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Ethel mermania » Sun Jun 16, 2019 5:17 am

Pax Nerdvana wrote:
The Blaatschapen wrote:

That is very true. I still haven't forgotten the time Ethel wanted still wants my liver.

Fixed that for you.

The West won the world not by the superiority of its ideas or values or religion … but rather by its superiority in applying organized violence. Westerners often forget this fact; non-Westerners never do.
--S. Huntington

The most fundamental problem of politics is not the control of wickedness but the limitation of righteousness. 

--H. Kissenger

Bluelight-R006
Senator

Founded: Mar 31, 2017
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Bluelight-R006 » Sun Jun 16, 2019 5:19 am

Stattr wrote:
Bluelight-R006 wrote:Welcome back, I guess, although I’ve seen you only twice as of now.

And so I heard. Making new friends isn’t a bad end to the day :)

Pax Nerdvana
Post Marshal

Postby Pax Nerdvana » Sun Jun 16, 2019 5:20 am

Ethel mermania wrote:
Pax Nerdvana wrote:That is very true. I still haven't forgotten the time Ethel wanted still wants my liver.

Fixed that for you.

I like my liver very much, so you're not getting it Ethel.
Quotes
We Will Not Comply
-Robert Heinlein

"Affordability

The Blaatschapen
Technical Moderator

Anarchy

Postby The Blaatschapen » Sun Jun 16, 2019 5:21 am

Pax Nerdvana wrote:
The Blaatschapen wrote:

That is very true. I still haven't forgotten the time Ethel wanted my liver.

Could be worse. Half the crowd here wants my wool for livery.

Stattr
Post Marshal

Founded: Mar 21, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Stattr » Sun Jun 16, 2019 5:24 am

Bluelight-R006 wrote:
Stattr wrote:

And so I heard. Making new friends isn’t a bad end to the day :)

who told you????

It's not. I make a lot.

Pax Nerdvana wrote:
The Blaatschapen wrote:

Well I don't take any illicit substances, so i should be fine. :)

My dad went to go get drug tested for a job a couple of years ago and his mouth wash set the drug test thing off. It was the one they put in your mouth you have to let sit in your mouth for like 5 minuets.
"The world is full of stupid people, get used to it."
Pasong Tirad wrote:Heresy. The earth is flat. It's evening everywhere. Stattr needs to be guillotined.

Hlad:And after that?
Ethel: She is moving in with you, you will equip a throne room for her, and bring her rose petals everyday. You shall dress in a french maid's outfit, and only speak english with a bad french accent.
Drown wrote:
The balkens wrote:Why hello fellow privileged manape.

A cordial salutations towards a fellow scholar of the mythical 'White Privilege'

I am a 100% authentic D&D nerd. I love me some Barbs <3

Ethel mermania
Post Overlord

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Ethel mermania » Sun Jun 16, 2019 5:24 am

The Blaatschapen wrote:
Pax Nerdvana wrote:That is very true. I still haven't forgotten the time Ethel wanted my liver.

Could be worse. Half the crowd here wants my wool for livery.

If your Mary's lamb your fleece is white as snow.

--S. Huntington

--H. Kissenger

Hanafuridake
Negotiator

Founded: Sep 09, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Hanafuridake » Sun Jun 16, 2019 5:26 am

Stattr wrote:My dad went to go get drug tested for a job a couple of years ago and his mouth wash set the drug test thing off. It was the one they put in your mouth you have to let sit in your mouth for like 5 minuets.

How long did it take for them to figure that out?
Last edited by Hanafuridake on Sun Jun 16, 2019 5:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
Nation name in proper language: 花降岳|पुष्पद्वीप
Theravada Buddhist
李贽 wrote:There is nothing difficult about becoming a sage, and nothing false about transcending the world of appearances.
Suriyanakhon's alt, finally found my old account's password

Ethel mermania
Post Overlord

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Ethel mermania » Sun Jun 16, 2019 5:26 am

Stattr wrote:
Bluelight-R006 wrote:And so I heard. Making new friends isn’t a bad end to the day :)

who told you????

It's not. I make a lot.

Pax Nerdvana wrote:Well I don't take any illicit substances, so i should be fine. :)

My dad went to go get drug tested for a job a couple of years ago and his mouth wash set the drug test thing off. It was the one they put in your mouth you have to let sit in your mouth for like 5 minuets.

I have only had to pee for mine. Nowadays I am high on lipator.

--S. Huntington

--H. Kissenger

Pax Nerdvana
Post Marshal

Postby Pax Nerdvana » Sun Jun 16, 2019 5:27 am

Stattr wrote:
Bluelight-R006 wrote:And so I heard. Making new friends isn’t a bad end to the day :)

who told you????

It's not. I make a lot.

Pax Nerdvana wrote:Well I don't take any illicit substances, so i should be fine. :)

Crap. My allergy meds probably set it off.
Quotes
We Will Not Comply
-Robert Heinlein

"Affordability

Bluelight-R006
Senator

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Bluelight-R006 » Sun Jun 16, 2019 5:28 am

Stattr wrote:

who told you????

It's not. I make a lot.

Good for you.

Ethel mermania
Post Overlord

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Ethel mermania » Sun Jun 16, 2019 5:29 am

Pax Nerdvana wrote:
Stattr wrote:who told you????

It's not. I make a lot.

Crap. My allergy meds probably set it off.

Did you list them?

--S. Huntington

--H. Kissenger

Pax Nerdvana
Post Marshal

Postby Pax Nerdvana » Sun Jun 16, 2019 5:35 am

Ethel mermania wrote:
Pax Nerdvana wrote:Crap. My allergy meds probably set it off.

Did you list them?

They didn't ask me if I was taking any allergy meds or anything like that.
Quotes
We Will Not Comply
-Robert Heinlein

"Affordability

Stattr
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Stattr » Sun Jun 16, 2019 5:36 am

Hanafuridake wrote:
Stattr wrote:My dad went to go get drug tested for a job a couple of years ago and his mouth wash set the drug test thing off. It was the one they put in your mouth you have to let sit in your mouth for like 5 minuets.

Well my dad told them that he uses this brand of mouthwash after the fact and the guy was like "Yeah if you use weed you wouldn't even come in for the interview" Mind you my dad was 56 when this happened. He's almost 60 now. He got the job and still works there.

Pax Nerdvana wrote:
Ethel mermania wrote:Did you list them?

Always clarify it anyway.
Pasong Tirad wrote:Heresy. The earth is flat. It's evening everywhere. Stattr needs to be guillotined.

Ethel: She is moving in with you, you will equip a throne room for her, and bring her rose petals everyday. You shall dress in a french maid's outfit, and only speak english with a bad french accent.
Drown wrote:

A cordial salutations towards a fellow scholar of the mythical 'White Privilege'

Bluelight-R006
Senator

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Bluelight-R006 » Sun Jun 16, 2019 5:38 am

Stattr wrote:
Hanafuridake wrote:

Well my dad told them that he uses this brand of mouthwash after the fact and the guy was like "Yeah if you use weed you wouldn't even come in for the interview" Mind you my dad was 56 when this happened. He's almost 60 now. He got the job and still works there.

Good for him, and good to know he still has a job. I probably wouldn’t even know the mouthwash would do anything, so I’d probably have been let down.

Ethel mermania
Post Overlord

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Ethel mermania » Sun Jun 16, 2019 5:38 am

Pax Nerdvana wrote:
Ethel mermania wrote:Did you list them?

That's surprising. Alot of drugs pop false positives on drug tests. Hell they should have told you not to eat poppy seeds for like two days before the test.

--S. Huntington

--H. Kissenger

Pax Nerdvana
Post Marshal

Postby Pax Nerdvana » Sun Jun 16, 2019 5:42 am

Ethel mermania wrote:
Pax Nerdvana wrote:They didn't ask me if I was taking any allergy meds or anything like that.

That's surprising. Alot of drugs pop false positives on drug tests. Hell they should have told you not to eat poppy seeds for like two days before the test.

Fortunately, I don't really eat any seeds.
Quotes
We Will Not Comply
-Robert Heinlein

"Affordability

Stattr
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Stattr » Sun Jun 16, 2019 5:43 am

Bluelight-R006 wrote:
Stattr wrote:Well my dad told them that he uses this brand of mouthwash after the fact and the guy was like "Yeah if you use weed you wouldn't even come in for the interview" Mind you my dad was 56 when this happened. He's almost 60 now. He got the job and still works there.

Good for him, and good to know he still has a job. I probably wouldn’t even know the mouthwash would do anything, so I’d probably have been let down.

Well it's Listerine it has alcohol in it. But the guy was so weirded out that it tested for weed that he was just like "You're hired" lol

Drown wrote:

Infected Mushroom
Post Czar

Founded: Apr 15, 2014
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Infected Mushroom » Sun Jun 16, 2019 5:44 am

when you try to draw Jaime Lannister/Coster-Waldau and he ends up looking like Harrison Ford instead...

=(

Pax Nerdvana
Post Marshal

Postby Pax Nerdvana » Sun Jun 16, 2019 5:46 am

Stattr wrote:
Bluelight-R006 wrote:Good for him, and good to know he still has a job. I probably wouldn’t even know the mouthwash would do anything, so I’d probably have been let down.

Well it's Listerine it has alcohol in it. But the guy was so weirded out that it tested for weed that he was just like "You're hired" lol

That is interesting. I have to go, so I hope all of you have a good day!
Quotes
We Will Not Comply
-Robert Heinlein

"Affordability

The Blaatschapen
Technical Moderator

Anarchy

Postby The Blaatschapen » Sun Jun 16, 2019 5:46 am

I am constantly amazed by the whole drugs test for jobs in the USA.

Sure, I can see it happening for some jobs. But I've never had a drug test.

Which is good, because I consume a lot of grass :p

Bluelight-R006
Senator

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Bluelight-R006 » Sun Jun 16, 2019 5:47 am

Stattr wrote:
Bluelight-R006 wrote:Good for him, and good to know he still has a job. I probably wouldn’t even know the mouthwash would do anything, so I’d probably have been let down.

That’s probably a good tactic for passing the test with drugs on. I think the guy should’ve been more careful, though. Not to say your dad shouldn’t be hired, but... it’s a little careless, don’t you think?

Infected Mushroom wrote:when you try to draw Jaime Lannister/Coster-Waldau and he ends up looking like Harrison Ford instead...

=(

Hey, hey. At least you draw something that looks like a human. I tried to draw the face on my banknotes but it looked like Arthur from the cartoon.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General