NATION

PASSWORD

TET: What the TET?

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

Nanatsu no Tsuki
Post-Apocalypse Survivor

Founded: Feb 10, 2008
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Nanatsu no Tsuki » Sun Jul 07, 2019 4:48 pm

Cue the frantic last minute house cleaning before a trip. Time to drink some wine, chill because damn, I’m too wired. •~•
Slava Ukraini
Also: THERNSY!!
Your story isn't over;֍Help save transgender people's lives֍Help for feral cats
Cat with internet access||Supposedly heartless, & a d*ck.||Is maith an t-earra an tsíocháin.||No TGs
RIP: Dyakovo & Ashmoria

Greater Cesnica
Powerbroker

Founded: Mar 30, 2017
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Greater Cesnica » Sun Jul 07, 2019 5:18 pm

Nanatsu no Tsuki wrote:Cue the frantic last minute house cleaning before a trip. Time to drink some wine, chill because damn, I’m too wired. •~•

Wanna crack open some Bacardi Rum with me?
Sic Semper Tyrannis.
WA Discord Server
Authorship Dispatch
WA Ambassador: Slick McCooley
Firearm Rights are Human Rights
privacytools.io - Use these tools to safeguard your online activities, freedoms, and safety
My IFAK and Booboo Kit Starter Guide!
novemberstars#8888 on Discord
San Lumen wrote:You are ridiculous.
George Orwell wrote:“That rifle on the wall of the labourer's cottage or working class flat is the symbol of democracy. It is our job to see that it stays there.”

Heloin
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Mar 30, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Heloin » Sun Jul 07, 2019 5:36 pm

Greater Cesnica wrote:
Nanatsu no Tsuki wrote:Cue the frantic last minute house cleaning before a trip. Time to drink some wine, chill because damn, I’m too wired. •~•

This is a good plan, I'll join you both. Now were's that rum.

Dresderstan
Negotiator

Founded: Jan 18, 2016

Postby Dresderstan » Sun Jul 07, 2019 5:38 pm

Aeritai wrote:Wonder how many times Disney is going remake movies.

Everyone in Hollywood is doing either remakes, or sequels, there is barely anything original anymore.

Greater Cesnica
Powerbroker

Postby Greater Cesnica » Sun Jul 07, 2019 5:40 pm

Heloin wrote:
Greater Cesnica wrote:Wanna crack open some Bacardi Rum with me?

This is a good plan, I'll join you both. Now were's that rum.

*Pulls one out of the World Assembly freezer*,
Sic Semper Tyrannis.
WA Discord Server
Authorship Dispatch
privacytools.io - Use these tools to safeguard your online activities, freedoms, and safety
George Orwell wrote:“That rifle on the wall of the labourer's cottage or working class flat is the symbol of democracy. It is our job to see that it stays there.”

Andsed
Postmaster-General

Founded: Aug 24, 2017
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Andsed » Sun Jul 07, 2019 5:42 pm

They are going to keep doing it until it stops being profitable. Since that is easier than making new great movies.
Last edited by Andsed on Sun Jul 07, 2019 5:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I do be tired

LOVEWHOYOUARE~

Bluelight-R006
Senator

Founded: Mar 31, 2017
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Bluelight-R006 » Sun Jul 07, 2019 5:43 pm

Abserdia wrote:
Bluelight-R006 wrote:I’ve never heard of such situation before. Is this a new sexuality type we’ve never discovered before?

And OOC, apparently they have a convenient modern neutral gender pronoun for he/she [(s)he], but whoever made that up couldn’t give a modern neutral gender pronoun for him/her, his/her... etc. On the forums, whenever I’m lazy, I resort to archaic 2nd-person pronouns that don’t even fit what I’m trying to say. It’s really annoying to have to spend a few more characters. :evil:

Just use ‘they.’
It’s by far the most convenient and it doesn’t sound weird when spoken.

I will never use ‘they’ for a singular term. That makes me cringe.

Greater Cesnica wrote:
Kannap wrote:

As long as they can keep milking money out of them.

Disney's truly evil. It's one thing for them to exploit people for money- all corporations do that. But Disney doesn't even care for its own employees. They also have an appalling record concerning their theme parks.

Disney has been doing this for decades. Why isn’t there anyone taking action, I wonder?

Dresderstan wrote:

Everyone in Hollywood is doing either remakes, or sequels, there is barely anything original anymore.

At least there’s movies made from everywhere else. Asia is starting to trend.

Bluelight-R006
Senator

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Bluelight-R006 » Sun Jul 07, 2019 5:45 pm

Andsed wrote:

They are going to keep doing it until it stops being profitable. Since that is easier than making new great movies.

With just a little of thinking, they could make something that is comparable to a suspenseful action-film, only animated. It’s more sensible to make more movies to make more sequels anyway. At some point they’re going to have to stop making sequels for a same movie.

Heloin
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Heloin » Sun Jul 07, 2019 5:51 pm

Bluelight-R006 wrote:
Andsed wrote:They are going to keep doing it until it stops being profitable. Since that is easier than making new great movies.

With just a little of thinking, they could make something that is comparable to a suspenseful action-film, only animated. It’s more sensible to make more movies to make more sequels anyway. At some point they’re going to have to stop making sequels for a same movie.

And people thought that Jaws 19 in Back to the Future was just some sort of joke.

Infected Mushroom
Post Czar

Founded: Apr 15, 2014
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Infected Mushroom » Sun Jul 07, 2019 5:52 pm

I like Disney

Bluelight-R006
Senator

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Bluelight-R006 » Sun Jul 07, 2019 5:53 pm

Heloin wrote:
Bluelight-R006 wrote:With just a little of thinking, they could make something that is comparable to a suspenseful action-film, only animated. It’s more sensible to make more movies to make more sequels anyway. At some point they’re going to have to stop making sequels for a same movie.

And people thought that Jaws 19 in Back to the Future was just some sort of joke.

That’s the sad part. I also thought that was fake, but I then saw the wide possibilities it could’ve happened (Not saying Jaws 19 happened, except in Russia). Not to mention some movie series have over 10 sequels, which is horrifying to begin with.

Heloin
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Heloin » Sun Jul 07, 2019 6:01 pm

Bluelight-R006 wrote:
Heloin wrote:And people thought that Jaws 19 in Back to the Future was just some sort of joke.

That’s the sad part. I also thought that was fake, but I then saw the wide possibilities it could’ve happened (Not saying Jaws 19 happened, except in Russia). Not to mention some movie series have over 10 sequels, which is horrifying to begin with.

Eh, not really. If a film is good and they can keep making more films that are good fine by me. I've seen all the Carry On films including the crap one from 1992 and there are like 30 of those.

Bluelight-R006
Senator

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Bluelight-R006 » Sun Jul 07, 2019 6:09 pm

Heloin wrote:
Bluelight-R006 wrote:That’s the sad part. I also thought that was fake, but I then saw the wide possibilities it could’ve happened (Not saying Jaws 19 happened, except in Russia). Not to mention some movie series have over 10 sequels, which is horrifying to begin with.

Eh, not really. If a film is good and they can keep making more films that are good fine by me. I've seen all the Carry On films including the crap one from 1992 and there are like 30 of those.

I don’t know about you, but I find that sequels to films are quite lengthy, and stretchy. Also quite unnecessary, like when there’s no cliffhanger or hint of the end of the movie before that it’s going to be continued. And I still plan to watch Jumanji 3 by next year.

Perhaps you’re right when a film is good. I’ve never watched any movie series in full, and probably never will for a at least a few more years. Thus I can’t judge.
Last edited by Bluelight-R006 on Sun Jul 07, 2019 6:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

The Free Joy State
Senior Issues Editor

Founded: Jan 05, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby The Free Joy State » Sun Jul 07, 2019 6:58 pm

How many Disney Classics are there in the Vault?

Probably that many.
"If there's a book that you want to read, but it hasn't been written yet, then you must write it." - Toni Morrison

My nation does not represent my beliefs or politics.

Greater Cesnica
Powerbroker

Postby Greater Cesnica » Sun Jul 07, 2019 7:00 pm

The Free Joy State wrote:

Probably that many.

Why don't they produce original scripts? :(
Sic Semper Tyrannis.
WA Discord Server
Authorship Dispatch

Aeritai
Minister

Founded: Oct 25, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Aeritai » Sun Jul 07, 2019 7:01 pm

Apprently some people are having issues that a African-American woman is going to play as Ariel in the Little Mermaid remake I mean I'm not sure why someone's skin color is a big deal.
Just call me Aeri
IC: This is a fantasy medieval nation full of deer people... Yes you read that right, deer people
I am a Human Female

Heloin
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Heloin » Sun Jul 07, 2019 7:05 pm

Probably that many.

Remake of Song of the South when Disney?

Bluelight-R006
Senator

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Bluelight-R006 » Sun Jul 07, 2019 7:05 pm

Aeritai wrote:Apprently some people are having issues that a African-American woman is going to play as Ariel in the Little Mermaid remake I mean I'm not sure why someone's skin color is a big deal.

They’re probably just used to a white-skin character playing Ariel, especially the fact it’s the original version. It’s like the black woman who played a princess in a UK film, which got everyone in the YouTube comments section quite upset.

Greater Cesnica wrote:
The Free Joy State wrote:How many Disney Classics are there in the Vault?

Probably that many.

Why don't they produce original scripts? :(

Because they’re too tired and lazy to come up with something new. Also will need a lot of time to keep checking the script for errors or to omit some areas. Whereas copying and adapting from a former script would require less effort, because the errors have already been checked out.
Last edited by Bluelight-R006 on Sun Jul 07, 2019 7:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Nanatsu no Tsuki
Post-Apocalypse Survivor

Founded: Feb 10, 2008

Postby Nanatsu no Tsuki » Sun Jul 07, 2019 7:06 pm

Greater Cesnica wrote:

Yessssssss. Crack it open while I put on a relaxing face masque. o/
Slava Ukraini
Also: THERNSY!!
Your story isn't over;֍Help save transgender people's lives֍Help for feral cats
Cat with internet access||Supposedly heartless, & a d*ck.||Is maith an t-earra an tsíocháin.||No TGs
RIP: Dyakovo & Ashmoria

New haven america
Post Czar

Founded: Oct 08, 2012

Postby New haven america » Sun Jul 07, 2019 7:06 pm

Aeritai wrote:Apprently some people are having issues that a African-American woman is going to play as Ariel in the Little Mermaid remake I mean I'm not sure why someone's skin color is a big deal.

A lot of people don't like it because they've noticed a certain trend where remakes are replacing famously red-headed characters with black people in order to score diversity points, while edging out one of the smallest minorities in the US (And the US has the largest number of red heads in the world).
Human of the male variety
Will accept TGs
Char/Axis 2024

That's all folks~

New haven america
Post Czar

Postby New haven america » Sun Jul 07, 2019 7:08 pm

Probably that many.

All of them except for one or 2 at a time.

The newest releases were Cinderella and Little Mermaid, but they don't look that good on BD because Disney's using computers to help up the video quality... While also having the unintended side effect of destroy the picture quality.
Will accept TGs
Char/Axis 2024

That's all folks~

Greater Cesnica
Powerbroker

Postby Greater Cesnica » Sun Jul 07, 2019 7:11 pm

Nanatsu no Tsuki wrote:
Greater Cesnica wrote:Wanna crack open some Bacardi Rum with me?

Yessssssss. Crack it open while I put on a relaxing face masque. o/

*Downs a gulp* Shit, I missed this...
Sic Semper Tyrannis.
WA Discord Server
Authorship Dispatch

The Free Joy State
Senior Issues Editor

Founded: Jan 05, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby The Free Joy State » Sun Jul 07, 2019 7:13 pm

Heloin wrote:
The Free Joy State wrote:How many Disney Classics are there in the Vault?

Probably that many.

Remake of Song of the South when Disney?

Don't you know that -- when that film is mentioned -- Mickey Mouse cries! :o
"If there's a book that you want to read, but it hasn't been written yet, then you must write it." - Toni Morrison

My nation does not represent my beliefs or politics.

New haven america
Post Czar

Postby New haven america » Sun Jul 07, 2019 7:15 pm

Heloin wrote:Remake of Song of the South when Disney?

Don't you know that -- when that film is mentioned -- Mickey Mouse cries! :o

Good.

Maybe then he'll take a second and stop trying to monopolize the entire entertainment industry while also buying out the government.
Will accept TGs
Char/Axis 2024

That's all folks~

Aeritai
Minister

Founded: Oct 25, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Aeritai » Sun Jul 07, 2019 7:15 pm

New haven america wrote:

A lot of people don't like it because they've noticed a certain trend where remakes are replacing famously red-headed characters with black people in order to score diversity points, while edging out one of the smallest minorities in the US (And the US has the largest number of red heads in the world).

Now that I think about it red heads are rare to see as main characters in live action movies anyway.
Last edited by Aeritai on Sun Jul 07, 2019 7:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Just call me Aeri
IC: This is a fantasy medieval nation full of deer people... Yes you read that right, deer people
I am a Human Female

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General