NATION

PASSWORD

Brunei plans to pass law to stone homosexuals

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

Novus America
Post Czar

Founded: Jun 02, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Novus America » Fri Mar 29, 2019 7:34 am

The Man Who Shot Jiminy Cricket wrote:
Novus America wrote:
Sure, but it is impossible to pretend the majority of Islam today has severe problems.
Sure not all Muslims want to enforce the brutality of the Hadith.
But most do believe the Hadith is divinely mandated.

Much of the Hadith is completely disgusting.

No Muslim believes Hadiths are infallible. Rather Hadiths are ranked according to different levels of reliability, with Sunnis and Shi'ites having differing opinions--for example, Sunnis revere A'ishah, whereas Shi'ites consider her the devil for leading an insurrection against Ali at the Battle of the Camel. So Haidths recounted by Ayesha are accepted with reverence by Sunnis, but rejected completely by Shi'ites.

Most Muslims believe anything Muhammad said must be followed.
Sure many disagree over what Hadiths actually state what Muhammad said.
___|_|___ _|__*__|_

Zombie Ike/Teddy Roosevelt 2020.

Novus America represents my vision of an awesome Atompunk near future United States of America expanded to the entire North American continent, Guyana and the Philippines. The population would be around 700 million.
Think something like prewar Fallout, minus the bad stuff.

Politically I am an independent. I support what is good for the country, which means I cannot support either party.

The Galactic Liberal Democracy
Minister

Founded: Jun 13, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby The Galactic Liberal Democracy » Fri Mar 29, 2019 7:36 am

Josip-Broz wrote:Western nations should allow refugee to all homosexuals from Brunei. It is a moral duty to response properly to this obvious violation of human rights. Also, this would not happen if Europeans did not interfere for centuries in internal affair of Brunei.

This is not Tito gang territory. Yugoslavia is revisionist.
NOT STORMTROOPERS
Cossack Khanate wrote:This shall forever be known as World War Sh*t: Newark Aggression. Now if I see one more troop deployed, I will call on the force of all the Hindu gods to reverse time and wipe your race of the face of the planet. Cease.

The Black Party wrote:(TBP kamikaze's into all 99999999999 nukes before they hit our territory because we just have that many pilots ready to die for dah blak regime, we also counter-attack into your nation with our entire population of 45 million because this RP allows it.)

El-Amin Caliphate wrote:Galatic Liberal Democracy short-circuits all of NS with FACTS and LOGIC

Greater Gilead
Diplomat

Founded: May 25, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Greater Gilead » Fri Mar 29, 2019 7:43 am

Josip-Broz wrote:Western nations should allow refugee to all homosexuals from Brunei. It is a moral duty to response properly to this obvious violation of human rights. Also, this would not happen if Europeans did not interfere for centuries in internal affair of Brunei.

"Also, this would not happen if Europeans did not interfere for centuries in internal affair of Brunei."
"Western nations should allow refugee to all homosexuals from Brunei."
Uh, how about we NOT interfere anymore instead? Let Brunei do Brunei!
Before jumping to conclusions, look at my FAQ fact book. FAQ here:FAQ Ask Questions Here
Proudly violating WA resolutions since May 25, 2017! Visit The Republic of Gilead!
( -_- ) My nation does support my political views...deal with it.
"Under His Eye" is a blessing. It's asking God to keep them under His eye.
Deropia wrote:Jason can't help but laugh as the scotch bottle, followed soon after by the pie, fly through the air of the chamber. "Ah, this place may be a mad-house...but its the best damn posting I've ever had...".

The Bible Baptist Republic wrote:Ambassador Conklin reads the proposal, blinks twice, and mutters "There ain't enough whiskey to deal with this crap."

The Man Who Shot Jiminy Cricket
Diplomat

Founded: Mar 28, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby The Man Who Shot Jiminy Cricket » Fri Mar 29, 2019 7:44 am

Novus America wrote:
No Muslim believes Hadiths are infallible. Rather Hadiths are ranked according to different levels of reliability, with Sunnis and Shi'ites having differing opinions--for example, Sunnis revere A'ishah, whereas Shi'ites consider her the devil for leading an insurrection against Ali at the Battle of the Camel. So Haidths recounted by Ayesha are accepted with reverence by Sunnis, but rejected completely by Shi'ites.

His sayings and life are considered to be the ultimate means to interpret the proper meaning of the Qur'an, for obvious reasons, but yes, how accurate different Hadiths are is an issue. Generally in interpreting the Qur'an you start with the most reliable and work your way down. Do you have any issues with Sunni Hadiths? If so, what?
1 By the morning hours
2 And by the night when it is stillest,
3 Thy Lord hath not forsaken thee nor doth He hate thee,
4 And verily the latter portion will be better for thee than the former,
5 And verily thy Lord will give unto thee so that thou wilt be content.
6 Did He not find thee an orphan and protect (thee) ?
7 Did He not find thee wandering and direct (thee) ?
8 Did He not find thee destitute and enrich (thee) ?
9 Therefor the orphan oppress not,
10 Therefor the beggar drive not away,
11 Therefor of the bounty of thy Lord be thy discourse

Read the Qur'an!
Introduction to Islam through understanding the Qur'an
Why Islam?

Novus America
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Novus America » Fri Mar 29, 2019 7:47 am

Novus America wrote:

His sayings and life are considered to be the ultimate means to interpret the proper meaning of the Qur'an, for obvious reasons, but yes, how accurate different Hadiths are is an issue. Generally in interpreting the Qur'an you start with the most reliable and work your way down. Do you have any issues with Sunni Hadiths? If so, what?

Like the one saying to stone people for homosexuality.
“Narrated Abdullah ibn Abbas: If a man who is not married is seized committing sodomy he will be stoned to death.”

— Sunan Abu Dawood, 38:4448
Last edited by Novus America on Fri Mar 29, 2019 7:48 am, edited 2 times in total.
___|_|___ _|__*__|_

Novus America represents my vision of an awesome Atompunk near future United States of America expanded to the entire North American continent, Guyana and the Philippines. The population would be around 700 million.

Politically I am an independent. I support what is good for the country, which means I cannot support either party.

The New California Republic
Post Czar

Founded: Jun 06, 2011
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby The New California Republic » Fri Mar 29, 2019 7:49 am

Novus America wrote:Like the one saying to stone homosexuals.
“Narrated Abdullah ibn Abbas: If a man who is not married is seized committing sodomy he will be stoned to death.”

So gay married men won't be stoned?
Last edited by Sigmund Freud on Sat Sep 23, 1939 2:23 am, edited 999 times in total.

The Irradiated Wasteland of The New California Republic: depicting the expanded NCR, several years after the total victory over Caesar's Legion, and the annexation of New Vegas and its surrounding areas.

White-collared conservatives flashing down the street
Pointing their plastic finger at me
They're hoping soon, my kind will drop and die
But I'm going to wave my freak flag high
Wave on, wave on
||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||

British Tackeettlaus
Spokesperson

Founded: Oct 28, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby British Tackeettlaus » Fri Mar 29, 2019 7:49 am

Yes, we should accept the homosexuals of all the countries that punish homosexuality by death. I would love to see dialogue between gays and Muslims too, maybe in a couple of generations they can start to moderate. I think it will be a long process, but you can already see in countries like Iran the youth being more liberal than their parents.

I also agree that a lot of the anti-gay laws especially in the ex-raj and Africa are based on European colonial laws. In Africa homosexuality was not a huge issue before Europeans, and look up homosexuality in the ottoman empire to find out it was less of a serious issue (still frowned upon) in the middle East than it is now.

It's not just the colonialists though, the influence of the Muslim brotherhood and influencial thinkers such as Qutb from the mid 20th century pushed the Islamic world further into social conservatism

Novus America
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Novus America » Fri Mar 29, 2019 7:54 am

The New California Republic wrote:

I guess? Honestly that part is weird, but much of the Hadith do not make much sense.
So if you marry a girl but have a guy on the side it is maybe legit?
The Hadith are a mess.
___|_|___ _|__*__|_

Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby The Man Who Shot Jiminy Cricket » Fri Mar 29, 2019 7:56 am

Novus America wrote:
The Man Who Shot Jiminy Cricket wrote:His sayings and life are considered to be the ultimate means to interpret the proper meaning of the Qur'an, for obvious reasons, but yes, how accurate different Hadiths are is an issue. Generally in interpreting the Qur'an you start with the most reliable and work your way down. Do you have any issues with Sunni Hadiths? If so, what?

This is specifically about sodomy, not homosexuality per se. Considering how concerned with hygeine Islam is, and that it is does a good job at preventing AIDS in Africa, you might reconsider how barbaric it is to use extreme prejudice in dealing with unprotected anal sex.
1 By the morning hours

Read the Qur'an!
Why Islam?

Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby The Man Who Shot Jiminy Cricket » Fri Mar 29, 2019 7:57 am

Sodomy within a heterosexual marriage is doable

Edit: but not halal I don't think
Last edited by The Man Who Shot Jiminy Cricket on Fri Mar 29, 2019 7:59 am, edited 2 times in total.
1 By the morning hours

Read the Qur'an!
Why Islam?

Post Czar

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby The New California Republic » Fri Mar 29, 2019 8:08 am

Novus America wrote:
The New California Republic wrote:So gay married men won't be stoned?

I guess? Honestly that part is weird, but much of the Hadith do not make much sense.
So if you marry a girl but have a guy on the side it is maybe legit?
The Hadith are a mess.

Ah right OK. I have read the Koran but not the Hadith.
Last edited by Sigmund Freud on Sat Sep 23, 1939 2:23 am, edited 999 times in total.

The Irradiated Wasteland of The New California Republic: depicting the expanded NCR, several years after the total victory over Caesar's Legion, and the annexation of New Vegas and its surrounding areas.

Wave on, wave on

Josip-Broz
Attaché

Founded: Mar 15, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Josip-Broz » Fri Mar 29, 2019 8:12 am

Greater Gilead wrote:

"Also, this would not happen if Europeans did not interfere for centuries in internal affair of Brunei."

Yes, that is a reasonable sentiment. Yet again how can you expect Brunei be Brunei when all markets are dominated by the white international capital. It is hard even for bigger countries to retain their souveregnity, countries like Russia, let alone smaller one like Brunei.

Josip-Broz
Attaché

Founded: Mar 15, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Josip-Broz » Fri Mar 29, 2019 8:13 am

British Tackeettlaus wrote:

Yes, we should accept the homosexuals of all the countries that punish homosexuality by death. I would love to see dialogue between gays and Muslims too, maybe in a couple of generations they can start to moderate. I think it will be a long process, but you can already see in countries like Iran the youth being more liberal than their parents.

I also agree that a lot of the anti-gay laws especially in the ex-raj and Africa are based on European colonial laws. In Africa homosexuality was not a huge issue before Europeans, and look up homosexuality in the ottoman empire to find out it was less of a serious issue (still frowned upon) in the middle East than it is now.

It's not just the colonialists though, the influence of the Muslim brotherhood and influencial thinkers such as Qutb from the mid 20th century pushed the Islamic world further into social conservatism

Europe need to apologise to Brunei that is all.

Post Czar

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby The New California Republic » Fri Mar 29, 2019 8:30 am

Hollywood actor George Clooney is calling for a boycott of nine luxury hotels with links to Brunei, after the country said gay sex and adultery would soon be punishable by death.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-47744566

Wave on, wave on

Novus America
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Novus America » Fri Mar 29, 2019 8:33 am

Novus America wrote:

This is specifically about sodomy, not homosexuality per se. Considering how concerned with hygeine Islam is, and that it is does a good job at preventing AIDS in Africa, you might reconsider how barbaric it is to use extreme prejudice in dealing with unprotected anal sex.

Except if you are married sodomy is okay, maybe? But Islam does not recognize gay marriage.
So it is effectively directed at homosexuals.
___|_|___ _|__*__|_

Senkaku
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Sep 01, 2012
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Senkaku » Fri Mar 29, 2019 8:34 am

Iran and all these places are a bit more complicated to invade than Brunei, however, which we could probably flatten in about a day Grenada-style. Their navy only has some patrol craft and their Air Force doesn’t have any fighter jets at all, just helicopters.
Biden-Santos Thought cadre

Senkaku
Postmaster of the Fleet

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Senkaku » Fri Mar 29, 2019 8:36 am

Hollywood actor George Clooney is calling for a boycott of nine luxury hotels with links to Brunei, after the country said gay sex and adultery would soon be punishable by death.

How about we just order the damn things shut down and freeze Bruneian assets

Gormwood
Postmaster-General

Founded: Mar 25, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Gormwood » Fri Mar 29, 2019 8:36 am

Novus America wrote:
The Man Who Shot Jiminy Cricket wrote:This is specifically about sodomy, not homosexuality per se. Considering how concerned with hygeine Islam is, and that it is does a good job at preventing AIDS in Africa, you might reconsider how barbaric it is to use extreme prejudice in dealing with unprotected anal sex.

Except if you are married sodomy is okay, maybe? But Islam does not recognize gay marriage.

So a beard is gay marriage.
Bloodthirsty savages who call for violence against the Right while simultaneously being unarmed defenseless sissies who will get slaughtered by the gun-toting Right in a civil war.
Breath So Bad, It Actually Drives People Mad

Free Arabian Nation
Ambassador

Founded: May 02, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Free Arabian Nation » Fri Mar 29, 2019 8:36 am

Senkaku wrote:

How about we just order the damn things shut down and freeze Bruneian assets

Make Indonesia annex Brunei.
العرب الأحرار
I don't use NS Stats, for they are against the will of Liberty and God.

News
Open to TGs

Senkaku
Postmaster of the Fleet

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Senkaku » Fri Mar 29, 2019 8:37 am

Greater Gilead wrote:

Nah let’s flatten ‘em and take their shit

Gormwood
Postmaster-General

Founded: Mar 25, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Gormwood » Fri Mar 29, 2019 8:38 am

Senkaku wrote:
Greater Gilead wrote:"Also, this would not happen if Europeans did not interfere for centuries in internal affair of Brunei."

That worked miracles in Afghanistan and Iraq.
Bloodthirsty savages who call for violence against the Right while simultaneously being unarmed defenseless sissies who will get slaughtered by the gun-toting Right in a civil war.
Breath So Bad, It Actually Drives People Mad

Lanorth
Diplomat

Founded: Oct 22, 2018
Father Knows Best State

Postby Lanorth » Fri Mar 29, 2019 9:16 am

Badb Catha wrote:
Lanorth wrote:Ladies and Gentlemen, may I present a wannabe-German Reich, Brunei.

This is false. Germany has no laws that permit the stoning of homosexuals or adulterers and I do not believe it ever has.

While male homosexuality remained illegal in Weimar Germany under Paragraph 175 of the criminal code, German homosexual-rights activists became worldwide leaders in efforts to reform societal attitudes that condemned homosexuality. Many in Germany regarded the Weimar Republic's toleration of homosexuals as a sign of Germany's decadence. The Nazis posed as moral crusaders who wanted to stamp out the "vice" of homosexuality from Germany in order to help win the racial struggle. Once they took power in 1933, the Nazis intensified persecution of German male homosexuals. Persecution ranged from the dissolution of homosexual organizations to internment in concentration camps. Basically they were worked to death in concentration camps. Other forms of death in concentration camps were shooting, gassing, hanging, and starvation. Whilst stoning has never been recorded, it is likely the SS stoned homosexuals and Jews during their duration at the camp which seemingly never ended for them.
i give up with this signature smh

Greater Loegria
Ambassador

Founded: Jan 15, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Greater Loegria » Fri Mar 29, 2019 9:18 am

Why don't you learn to speak English first?
CONFŒDERATIO MAGNA LŒGRIÆ
Y Gynghraig Lloegreg Mawr

If more of us valued food and cheer and song above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world.-J.R.R Tolkien
A theocratic military junta, a Brythonic ennobled republic with a Roman flair. Imperialistic and Nationalistic, balancing deep social conservatism with a social economy. 260 million strong, led by a Lord Chancellor from the ancient city of Caer Ddywfol
Tradionalist Catholic British Nationalist
Pro: Christianity, Nationalism, Traditionalism, Environmentalism, Ruralism, Integralism and Ancestral Heritage
Anti: Globalism, Progressivism, Capitalism, Socialism, Immigration, Neo-Liberalism
British Catholic Student of Classical Antiquity. Fond of pints, rugger, the outdoors and Western Classical Arts. Reservist-in-Training

Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby The Man Who Shot Jiminy Cricket » Fri Mar 29, 2019 9:23 am

Senkaku wrote:
Greater Gilead wrote:"Also, this would not happen if Europeans did not interfere for centuries in internal affair of Brunei."

"Liberalism is a religion of peace!"
1 By the morning hours

Read the Qur'an!
Why Islam?

Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby The Man Who Shot Jiminy Cricket » Fri Mar 29, 2019 9:24 am

Novus America wrote:
The Man Who Shot Jiminy Cricket wrote:This is specifically about sodomy, not homosexuality per se. Considering how concerned with hygeine Islam is, and that it is does a good job at preventing AIDS in Africa, you might reconsider how barbaric it is to use extreme prejudice in dealing with unprotected anal sex.

And unmarried heterosexuals.
1 By the morning hours

Read the Qur'an!
Why Islam?

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General