NATION

PASSWORD

Malaysian jailed for 10 years for "insulting Islam"

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

Khataiy
Minister

Founded: Apr 22, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Khataiy » Tue Mar 26, 2019 10:31 am

El-Amin Caliphate wrote:
Khataiy wrote:Good, and back when Iraq had a real government they used to arrest people who insulted the companions and wives of the Prophet Muhammad which is as bad as insulting Islam.

Is there an Islamic basis for penalizing blasphemous people tho?

Are you serious? It is illegal to slander a regular Muslim would yoy dare say the things the Shias do about Aisha to my mother or your friend's mother? Would you call your Imam an apostate? If you answer no to either of these then you would know the fundamental problem with the doctrine of the Shias ans why their beliefs get them into trouble with Muslims, it is the obligation of the state to enjoin what is right and forbid what is wrong this is called Sharia.

Bear Stearns
Postmaster-General

Founded: Dec 02, 2018
Capitalizt

Postby Bear Stearns » Tue Mar 26, 2019 10:32 am

El-Amin Caliphate wrote:
Khataiy wrote:Good, and back when Iraq had a real government they used to arrest people who insulted the companions and wives of the Prophet Muhammad which is as bad as insulting Islam.

Is there an Islamic basis for penalizing blasphemous people tho?

Hanging, I believe.
The Bear Stearns Companies, Inc. is a New York-based global investment bank, securities trading and brokerage firm. Its main business areas are capital markets, investment banking, wealth management and global clearing services. Bear Stearns was founded as an equity trading house on May Day 1923 by Joseph Ainslie Bear, Robert B. Stearns and Harold C. Mayer with $500,000 in capital.
383 Madison Ave,
New York, NY 10017
Vince Vaughn

Khataiy
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Khataiy » Tue Mar 26, 2019 10:32 am

Bear Stearns wrote:
El-Amin Caliphate wrote:Supporting Shari'ah isn't an extreme belief in Al-Islam. Shari'ah is literally the basis of Al-Islam, it guide who we are as Muslims.

That is why so many people have problems with your religion.

We do not need people to like us.

Bear Stearns
Postmaster-General

Capitalizt

Postby Bear Stearns » Tue Mar 26, 2019 10:33 am

Khataiy wrote:
Bear Stearns wrote:

We do not need people to like us.

Great. Keep it to your own countries then.
The Bear Stearns Companies, Inc. is a New York-based global investment bank, securities trading and brokerage firm. Its main business areas are capital markets, investment banking, wealth management and global clearing services. Bear Stearns was founded as an equity trading house on May Day 1923 by Joseph Ainslie Bear, Robert B. Stearns and Harold C. Mayer with $500,000 in capital.
383 Madison Ave,
New York, NY 10017
Vince Vaughn

Khataiy
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Khataiy » Tue Mar 26, 2019 10:34 am

Bear Stearns wrote:
Khataiy wrote:We do not need people to like us.

Gladly the second your countries stop invading and dictating ours.

El-Amin Caliphate
Post Marshal

Founded: Apr 05, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby El-Amin Caliphate » Tue Mar 26, 2019 10:34 am

Bear Stearns wrote:
El-Amin Caliphate wrote:Supporting Shari'ah isn't an extreme belief in Al-Islam. Shari'ah is literally the basis of Al-Islam, it guide who we are as Muslims.

Don't care.
Khataiy wrote:
El-Amin Caliphate wrote:Is there an Islamic basis for penalizing blasphemous people tho?

Are you serious? It is illegal to slander a regular Muslim would yoy dare say the things the Shias do about Aisha to my mother or your friend's mother? Would you call your Imam an apostate? If you answer no to either of these then you would know the fundamental problem with the doctrine of the Shias ans why their beliefs get them into trouble with Muslims, it is the obligation of the state to enjoin what is right and forbid what is wrong this is called Sharia.

You didn't answer my question. What is the punishment for blasphemy according to the Holy Qur'an and Sunnah? Because from what I found I haven't found anything.
Kubumba Tribe's sister nation. NOT A PUPPET! >w< In fact, this one came 1st.
Proud Full Member of the Council of Islamic Cooperation!^u^
I'm a (Pan) Islamist ;)
CLICK THIS
https://americanvision.org/948/theonomy-vs-theocracy/ wrote:God’s law cannot govern a nation where God’s law does not rule in the hearts of the people

Democracy and Freedom Index
Plaetopia wrote:Partly Free / Hybrid regime (score 4-6) El-Amin Caliphate (5.33)

Bear Stearns
Postmaster-General

Capitalizt

Postby Bear Stearns » Tue Mar 26, 2019 10:35 am

Khataiy wrote:
Bear Stearns wrote:

I'm opposed to the wars in the Middle East man, but a lot of you came from countries we didn't even attack.
383 Madison Ave,
New York, NY 10017
Vince Vaughn

El-Amin Caliphate
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby El-Amin Caliphate » Tue Mar 26, 2019 10:35 am

Khataiy wrote:
Bear Stearns wrote:

Mic drop!

Also Bear Stearns, I was born and raised in the US ;)
I'm a (Pan) Islamist ;)
CLICK THIS
https://americanvision.org/948/theonomy-vs-theocracy/ wrote:God’s law cannot govern a nation where God’s law does not rule in the hearts of the people

Plaetopia wrote:Partly Free / Hybrid regime (score 4-6) El-Amin Caliphate (5.33)

Khataiy
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Khataiy » Tue Mar 26, 2019 10:36 am

El-Amin Caliphate wrote:
Bear Stearns wrote:

Don't care.
Khataiy wrote:Are you serious? It is illegal to slander a regular Muslim would yoy dare say the things the Shias do about Aisha to my mother or your friend's mother? Would you call your Imam an apostate? If you answer no to either of these then you would know the fundamental problem with the doctrine of the Shias ans why their beliefs get them into trouble with Muslims, it is the obligation of the state to enjoin what is right and forbid what is wrong this is called Sharia.

You didn't answer my question. What is the punishment for blasphemy according to the Holy Qur'an and Sunnah? Because from what I found I haven't found anything.

It's called apostasy, to deny anything from Islam let alone mock it or insult it is a crime in Islam this is from the Quran and Sunnah and the scholars agree on this.

Gormwood
Postmaster-General

Founded: Mar 25, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Gormwood » Tue Mar 26, 2019 10:36 am

New Sukberia wrote:
Gormwood wrote:So how does a thread discussing the serious problem of blasphemy laws turn into a vitriolic diatribe on Islam of the sort that down the road has a chance of setting off another New Zealand?

Talking about blasphemy laws provokes terrorist acts? Really?

That's a rather simplistic and cynical spin when the point was about the vitriolic posts such as these:

Revolucionario Cuba wrote:Islam breeds extremism and disregard for humanity in the modern age at least.

Woodfiredpizzas wrote:See Malaysia is one of the best places to trial the removal of Islam. Occupy the place destroy all references to Islam and deport all who fail to reconvert. That they use blasphemy laws shows that normal considerations aren’t relevant there. Heck ridiculing islam is one of the most virtuous things you can do.
Bloodthirsty savages who call for violence against the Right while simultaneously being unarmed defenseless sissies who will get slaughtered by the gun-toting Right in a civil war.
Breath So Bad, It Actually Drives People Mad

El-Amin Caliphate
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby El-Amin Caliphate » Tue Mar 26, 2019 10:37 am

Khataiy wrote:
El-Amin Caliphate wrote:Don't care.

It's called apostasy, to deny anything from Islam let alone mock it or insult it is a crime in Islam this is from the Quran and Sunnah and the scholars agree on this.

Blasphemy =/= apostasy. And you still haven't shown where in the Holy Qur'an and Sunnah blasphemy is a punishable crime.
I'm a (Pan) Islamist ;)
CLICK THIS

Evil Dictators Happyland
Senator

Founded: Aug 03, 2016
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Evil Dictators Happyland » Tue Mar 26, 2019 10:38 am

Darussalam wrote:
Astoriya wrote:Not 30% of Muslims - where did you even get that from
As said earlier, how about getting something that isn't 4 years out of date, eh ?

I have given my citation. You haven't demonstrated any counter-evidence to show, as you claimed, that views otherwise considered extreme by the rest of humanity are held by a "vocal minority" only.

Extrapolating from the trend, it's practically impossible that there would be substantial change that reduces the number of Muslims supportive of death penalty to apostates from the poll's figures to "extreme minority" by 2019.

I question the idea that merely supporting Sharia law is grounds for extremist beliefs.
If you asked the average Christian about whether or not they'd like a legal code based on the Bible, there would probably be a fairly large percentage that thinks that would be a good idea*. Would that make them extremists?
Christian theocracies, after all, have a very long history of killing homosexuals, blasphemers, heretics, heathens, et cetera in much the same way that Muslim theocracies do, and in many ways, Sharia is a lot more gentle (for example, medieval Christian theocracies dealt with heathens by stating "convert or die", while Sharia law gives them the option to pay a tax instead). Therefore, everyone who supports a Bible-based legal code is a fanatical extremist, and therefore, Christianity is an extremist religion. Do you see the problem here?

Please note that I'm not saying that Muslim fanatics who actually support every word of Sharia don't exist. That's patently false, and I'd like to dodge that strawman before it gets stuffed. I'm just saying that the data you're using to support your conclusions doesn't account for the fact that paying lip service to Sharia and actually believing you should follow everything it commands are two different things.

*: I can't find any data on that subject, but judging from what I've seen both in person and in reference to other topics, I think it's likely that the figure is on the order of 30-40% of churchgoers would say 'yes'. If you find hard data about this, though, please share it, I'm curious too.

Bear Stearns
Postmaster-General

Capitalizt

Postby Bear Stearns » Tue Mar 26, 2019 10:38 am

El-Amin Caliphate wrote:
Khataiy wrote:Gladly the second your countries stop invading and dictating ours.

Mic drop!

Yes, a number of you have managed to have children here. A pitfall of our immigration laws, to be sure.

Why do you live in the West if you find it so evil?
383 Madison Ave,
New York, NY 10017
Vince Vaughn

El-Amin Caliphate
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby El-Amin Caliphate » Tue Mar 26, 2019 10:39 am

Bear Stearns wrote:
El-Amin Caliphate wrote:Mic drop!

Yes, a number of you have managed to have children here. A pitfall of our immigration laws, to be sure.

Lol my parents were born and raised in the US as well :lol2:

As for the reason why I live in the West even though I find their governments evil, it's because I have friends and family here.
Last edited by El-Amin Caliphate on Tue Mar 26, 2019 10:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
I'm a (Pan) Islamist ;)
CLICK THIS

Genivaria
Khan of Spam

Founded: Mar 29, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Genivaria » Tue Mar 26, 2019 10:39 am

A government that enforces thought crime legislation needs to be replaced.

Bear Stearns
Postmaster-General

Capitalizt

Postby Bear Stearns » Tue Mar 26, 2019 10:40 am

El-Amin Caliphate wrote:
Bear Stearns wrote:

Lol my parents were born and raised in the US as well :lol2:

We've had shitty immigration laws since the 1960s, more than enough time for a generation or two to get in here.

And you didn't answer my question. You obviously hate this society and you've advocated making non-Muslims second class citizens. Why don't you go to a country where that shit is tolerated?
Last edited by Bear Stearns on Tue Mar 26, 2019 10:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
383 Madison Ave,
New York, NY 10017
Vince Vaughn

North German Realm
Senator

Founded: Jan 27, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby North German Realm » Tue Mar 26, 2019 10:42 am

Bear Stearns wrote:
El-Amin Caliphate wrote:Lol my parents were born and raised in the US as well :lol2:

We've had shitty immigration laws since the 1960s, more than enough time for a generation or two to get in here.

And you didn't answer my question. You obviously hate this society and you've advocated making non-Muslims second class citizens. Why don't you go to a country where that shit is tolerated?

Because for some reason (coincidental, I'm sure) Islamic countries are consistently shitholes that no intelligent person wants to migrate to.
-----------------
-----------------
-----------------
North German Confederation
NationStates Flag Bracket II - 6th place!

Norddeutscher Bund
Homepage || Overview | Sovereign | Chancellor | Military | Legislature || The World
5 Nov, 2020
Die Morgenpost: "We will reconsider our relationship with Poland" Reichskanzler Lagenmauer says after Polish president protested North German ultimatum that made them restore reproductive freedom. | European Society votes not to persecute Hungary for atrocities committed against Serbs, "Giving a rogue state leave to commit genocide as it sees fit." North German delegate bemoans. | Negotiations still underway in Rome, delegates arguing over the extent of indemnities Turkey might be made to pay, lawful status of Turkish collaborators during occupation of Azerbaijan, Cyprus, Syria.

Genivaria
Khan of Spam

Ex-Nation

Postby Genivaria » Tue Mar 26, 2019 10:42 am

Bear Stearns wrote:
El-Amin Caliphate wrote:Lol my parents were born and raised in the US as well :lol2:

Not to mention he wants to essentially enslave Muslims to Sharia regardless of their view on Sharia.

Bear Stearns
Postmaster-General

Capitalizt

Postby Bear Stearns » Tue Mar 26, 2019 10:43 am

Genivaria wrote:
Bear Stearns wrote:

Not to mention he wants to essentially enslave Muslims to Sharia regardless of their view on Sharia.

Shit - even Muslim countries wouldn't put up with him.
383 Madison Ave,
New York, NY 10017
Vince Vaughn

Khataiy
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Khataiy » Tue Mar 26, 2019 10:43 am

El-Amin Caliphate wrote:
Khataiy wrote:It's called apostasy, to deny anything from Islam let alone mock it or insult it is a crime in Islam this is from the Quran and Sunnah and the scholars agree on this.

Blasphemy =/= apostasy. And you still haven't shown where in the Holy Qur'an and Sunnah blasphemy is a punishable crime.

To blasphemise in Islam is to reject an aspect of the religion and to reject an aspect of the religion is an act of disbelief.

Bear Stearns
Postmaster-General

Capitalizt

Postby Bear Stearns » Tue Mar 26, 2019 10:44 am

North German Realm wrote:
Bear Stearns wrote:

Because for some reason (coincidental, I'm sure) Islamic countries are consistently shitholes that no intelligent person wants to migrate to.

Ah of course. He's all passionate about fundamentalism but I guess the comforts of the United States are too sweet to give up for Allah, amirite?
383 Madison Ave,
New York, NY 10017
Vince Vaughn

Khataiy
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Khataiy » Tue Mar 26, 2019 10:44 am

Genivaria wrote:A government that enforces thought crime legislation needs to be replaced.

Good create more refugees and a war you cannot end and spread the animosty, you couldn't handle Vietnam or Iraq so go ahead and do it.

El-Amin Caliphate
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby El-Amin Caliphate » Tue Mar 26, 2019 10:44 am

Bear Stearns wrote:

I'm African-American :rofl:
Bear Stearns wrote:And you didn't answer my question. You obviously hate this society and you've advocated making non-Muslims second class citizens.

No I do not hate it nor do I want to make y'all 2nd class.
Bear Stearns wrote:Why don't you go to a country where that shi* is tolerated?

See my edited post.
I'm a (Pan) Islamist ;)
CLICK THIS

Genivaria
Khan of Spam

Ex-Nation

Postby Genivaria » Tue Mar 26, 2019 10:46 am

Khataiy wrote:
Genivaria wrote:A government that enforces thought crime legislation needs to be replaced.

Good create more refugees and a war you cannot end and spread the animosty, you couldn't handle Vietnam or Iraq so go ahead and do it.

What are you babbling about?

El-Amin Caliphate
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby El-Amin Caliphate » Tue Mar 26, 2019 10:46 am

Khataiy wrote:
El-Amin Caliphate wrote:Blasphemy =/= apostasy. And you still haven't shown where in the Holy Qur'an and Sunnah blasphemy is a punishable crime.

To blasphemise in Islam is to reject an aspect of the religion and to reject an aspect of the religion is an act of disbelief.

You still didn't answer my question.
I'm a (Pan) Islamist ;)
CLICK THIS

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General