Page 187 of 420

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2019 7:18 pm
by The Xenopolis Confederation
Torrocca wrote:
The Xenopolis Confederation wrote:My day is ruined.


Get on that Bread Book train, girl, and no longer will your day be ruined!

Well, it'll probably get ruined anyway by the atrocities of Capitalism and the state, but I digress.

Okay, I will read Conquest of Bread, but only because you called me "girl."

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2019 7:18 pm
by Pasong Tirad
The Xenopolis Confederation wrote:
Cekoviu wrote:This is the LWDT, what did you expect?

I know, but... Canada tho?

The revolution is international.

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2019 7:19 pm
by Pasong Tirad
The Xenopolis Confederation wrote:
Torrocca wrote:
Get on that Bread Book train, girl, and no longer will your day be ruined!

Well, it'll probably get ruined anyway by the atrocities of Capitalism and the state, but I digress.

Okay, I will read Conquest of Bread, but only because you called me "girl."

There are free audiobook and e-book versions online that you can download. For free. No strings attached. Free. Totally 100% free.

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2019 7:19 pm
by Nakena
Pasong Tirad wrote:
The Xenopolis Confederation wrote:I know, but... Canada tho?

The revolution is international.


Weren't you also bioregionalist?

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2019 7:20 pm
by Torrocca
The Xenopolis Confederation wrote:
Torrocca wrote:
Get on that Bread Book train, girl, and no longer will your day be ruined!

Well, it'll probably get ruined anyway by the atrocities of Capitalism and the state, but I digress.

Okay, I will read Conquest of Bread, but only because you called me "girl."


Yay! :3

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2019 7:21 pm
by Cekoviu
The Xenopolis Confederation wrote:
Cekoviu wrote:This is the LWDT, what did you expect?

I know, but... Canada tho?

Canada is the pinnacle of libertarian socialism, ya Kiwi.
The Xenopolis Confederation wrote:
Torrocca wrote:
Get on that Bread Book train, girl, and no longer will your day be ruined!

Well, it'll probably get ruined anyway by the atrocities of Capitalism and the state, but I digress.

Okay, I will read Conquest of Bread, but only because you called me "girl."

Also because it contains some great bread (both flatbread and uprising) recipes, I hope?

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2019 7:21 pm
by Hanafuridake
Cekoviu wrote:
Torrocca wrote:
Get on that Bread Book train, girl, and no longer will your day be ruined!

Well, it'll probably get ruined anyway by the atrocities of Capitalism and the state, but I digress.

The Bread Book is a literary masterpiece on par with the works of Shakespeare, tbh.


Image

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2019 7:26 pm
by Benuty
Hanafuridake wrote:
Cekoviu wrote:The Bread Book is a literary masterpiece on par with the works of Shakespeare, tbh.


Image

Given how skinny they look they might need more bread.

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2019 7:28 pm
by Cekoviu
Benuty wrote:
Hanafuridake wrote:
Image

Given how skinny they look they might need more bread.

That actually lines up pretty well with implementations of communism in the past...

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2019 7:28 pm
by Benuty
Cekoviu wrote:
The Xenopolis Confederation wrote:I know, but... Canada tho?

Canada is the pinnacle of libertarian socialism, ya Kiwi.
The Xenopolis Confederation wrote:Okay, I will read Conquest of Bread, but only because you called me "girl."

Also because it contains some great bread (both flatbread and uprising) recipes, I hope?

The only pinnacle of libertarian socialism is the Soviets under the libertarian branch of the party in Fuhrerreich.

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2019 7:29 pm
by Torrocca
Cekoviu wrote:
Benuty wrote:Given how skinny they look they might need more bread.

That actually lines up pretty well with implementations of communism in the past...


>TFW the USSR and whatnot never actually implemented Communism but Commies of all stripes get bullied relentlessly regardless because of the association

Cek pls ;~;

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2019 7:30 pm
by Benuty
Torrocca wrote:
Cekoviu wrote:That actually lines up pretty well with implementations of communism in the past...


>TFW the USSR and whatnot never actually implemented Communism but Commies of all stripes get bullied relentlessly regardless because of the association

Cek pls ;~;

Ignoring the potential for a no true Scotsman here Lenin tried, died, and then Stalin floored the founder's vision into a nightmarish industrial hellscape.

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2019 7:32 pm
by Torrocca
Benuty wrote:
Torrocca wrote:
>TFW the USSR and whatnot never actually implemented Communism but Commies of all stripes get bullied relentlessly regardless because of the association

Cek pls ;~;

Ignoring the potential for a no true Scotsman here Lenin tried, died, and then Stalin floored the founder's vision into a nightmarish industrial hellscape.


I mean, it's really not a No True Scotsman to say Communism wasn't implemented in the USSR or the other Marxist-Leninist countries, but otherwise, yeah, Stalin went fucking bonkers destroying any chance of it happening.

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2019 7:32 pm
by Benuty
On the topic of Lenin while I disagree with him on quite a lot his attempt to preserve Russian art, and intellectual culture following the revolution is somewhat interesting. Apparently, his contemporaries thought Russians degenerate, and in order to truly accomplish the party goals they needed to introduce a westernized culture.

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2019 7:34 pm
by Benuty
Torrocca wrote:
Benuty wrote:Ignoring the potential for a no true Scotsman here Lenin tried, died, and then Stalin floored the founder's vision into a nightmarish industrial hellscape.


I mean, it's really not a No True Scotsman to say Communism wasn't implemented in the USSR or the other Marxist-Leninist countries, but otherwise, yeah, Stalin went fucking bonkers destroying any chance of it happening.

I mean let us be honest the marxist-Leninists tried, and failed spectacularly. Not so much as the Maoists who basically created nazi's in the making with a lot of their followers fetishizing ethnic identity to the extreme.

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2019 7:36 pm
by Pasong Tirad
Nakena wrote:
Pasong Tirad wrote:The revolution is international.


Weren't you also bioregionalist?

I don't believe I know what a bioregionalist is.

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2019 7:36 pm
by Torrocca
Benuty wrote:
Torrocca wrote:
I mean, it's really not a No True Scotsman to say Communism wasn't implemented in the USSR or the other Marxist-Leninist countries, but otherwise, yeah, Stalin went fucking bonkers destroying any chance of it happening.

I mean let us be honest the marxist-Leninists tried, and failed spectacularly.


Eh... not really. Lenin and the original Marxists of the Bolshevik Party may have tried to some degree, but when that degree included shit like snuffing out Communists in Kronstadt and Ukraine, I find it dubious.

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2019 7:38 pm
by Cekoviu
Torrocca wrote:
Cekoviu wrote:That actually lines up pretty well with implementations of communism in the past...


>TFW the USSR and whatnot never actually implemented Communism but Commies of all stripes get bullied relentlessly regardless because of the association

Cek pls ;~;

That is fair - it wasn't technically communism, despite the name. I'll revise that to be attempts to implement communism.

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2019 7:39 pm
by Benuty
Torrocca wrote:
Benuty wrote:I mean let us be honest the marxist-Leninists tried, and failed spectacularly.


Eh... not really. Lenin and the original Marxists of the Bolshevik Party may have tried to some degree, but when that degree included shit like snuffing out Communists in Kronstadt and Ukraine, I find it dubious.

Dubious? Maybe, but power, and ensuring its continuance rarely leaves people even with the best of intentions (ideologically) pure by the time they near the end of life. Case in point the quarantining, and destruction of the anarchist allies the Bolsheviks used to fight their enemies until no longer needed.

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2019 7:40 pm
by Benuty
Pasong Tirad wrote:
Nakena wrote:
Weren't you also bioregionalist?

I don't believe I know what a bioregionalist is.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bioregionalism

This might explain it somewhat, but you know wiki links can only go so far.

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2019 7:41 pm
by Torrocca
Benuty wrote:
Torrocca wrote:
Eh... not really. Lenin and the original Marxists of the Bolshevik Party may have tried to some degree, but when that degree included shit like snuffing out Communists in Kronstadt and Ukraine, I find it dubious.

Dubious? Maybe, but power, and ensuring its continuance rarely leaves people even with the best of intentions (ideologically) pure by the time they near the end of life. Case in point the quarantining, and destruction of the anarchist allies the Bolsheviks used to fight their enemies until no longer needed.


Which is quite honestly the best example of why the Marxist idea of achieving Communism is flawed as all hell; the Anarchists skipped the Socialist state ruled by a "dictatorship of the proletariat" and went straight to the stateless, classless, moneyless society of Communism, whereas the Bolsheviks consolidated power rather than ever earnestly transition to Communism.

Cekoviu wrote:
Torrocca wrote:
>TFW the USSR and whatnot never actually implemented Communism but Commies of all stripes get bullied relentlessly regardless because of the association

Cek pls ;~;

That is fair - it wasn't technically communism, despite the name. I'll revise that to be attempts to implement communism.


Thanks <3

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2019 7:50 pm
by Pasong Tirad
Benuty wrote:
Pasong Tirad wrote:I don't believe I know what a bioregionalist is.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bioregionalism

This might explain it somewhat, but you know wiki links can only go so far.

An argument can be made to call me some kind of regionalist or regionalism-leaning person in that I believe that local government units need to be smaller - commune sizes, if you will or its Philippine variant, the barangay - but I live in a pretty big island with like 50 million people living in it, I can hardly consider myself a bioregionalist, especially if it means the exclusion of areas of the Philippines that are already being pushed into the margins for ethnic and geographical reasons.

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2019 11:11 pm
by Nyasira
What do you think is currently the most successful existing example of a leftist movement globally?


Out of those options, the Zapatistas. Though I don't think any of them are as successful compared to ML states, but I suppose at doesn't qualify as a 'movement'.

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2019 11:14 pm
by Jack Thomas Lang
Bat'ko was a dunderhead who deserved what he got for helping the Bolshies. If it wasn't for Bat'ko sucking away AFSR troops when Denikin needed them most for the Moscow offensive, the White Army would have been parading in Moscow by 1919.

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2019 12:59 am
by The Xenopolis Confederation
Jack Thomas Lang wrote:Bat'ko was a dunderhead who deserved what he got for helping the Bolshies. If it wasn't for Bat'ko sucking away AFSR troops when Denikin needed them most for the Moscow offensive, the White Army would have been parading in Moscow by 1919.

Um... Isn't Bat'ko a YouTuber?