NATION

PASSWORD

LWDT 7: The Earth and Heavens Tremble.

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

Which Book on Leftist Ideology is Your Preferred Book?

The Communist Manifesto (Karl Marx and Friedrich Engels)
23
18%
The Conquest of Bread (Peter Kropotkin)
24
19%
Das Kapital (Karl Marx)
21
16%
What is Property? (Pierre-Joseph Proudhon)
2
2%
Guerilla Warfare (Che Guevara)
8
6%
Mutual Aid (Peter Kropotkin)
2
2%
Profit Over People (Noam Chomsky)
4
3%
The Ego and Its Own (Max Stirner)
8
6%
Debt: The First 5,000 Years (David Graeber)
5
4%
Other (Please Explain)
32
25%
 
Total votes : 129

User avatar
Cekoviu
Postmaster-General
 
Posts: 10995
Founded: Oct 18, 2017
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Cekoviu » Thu Aug 15, 2019 11:31 am

North German Realm wrote:
Kubra wrote: weirdness and Occidental maoism go hand in hand, think of it as a translation error.

It wasn't Occidental, it was in Farsi lol

There's no way to express concepts of communism in satem languages, silly goose
Fun fact: one mole of 5 mg ants would be around 6 million times larger by mass than the entire living biomass of the world.
Torrocca wrote:"Your honor, it was not mein fault! I didn't order the systematic genocide of millions of people, it was the twenty kilograms of pure-cut Bavarian cocaine that did it!"
Liriena wrote:anyone to the left of Pinochet: *exists*

right-wingers: wat about vuvuzelaaa lmao gottem

User avatar
Kubra
Postmaster-General
 
Posts: 11650
Founded: Apr 15, 2006
Libertarian Police State

Postby Kubra » Thu Aug 15, 2019 4:19 pm

North German Realm wrote:
Kubra wrote: weirdness and Occidental maoism go hand in hand, think of it as a translation error.

It wasn't Occidental, it was in Farsi lol
pfffff Occidental enough
If you trade with westerners instead of expelling them u may as well b 1 sry
“Atomic war is inevitable. It will destroy half of humanity: it is going to destroy immense human riches. It is very possible. The atomic war is going to provoke a true inferno on Earth. But it will not impede Communism.”
-Comrade Posadas

User avatar
Hanafuridake
Minister
 
Posts: 3389
Founded: Sep 09, 2018
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Hanafuridake » Thu Aug 15, 2019 4:26 pm

Kowani wrote:
First American Empire wrote:
I've seen people unironically defend any tyrannical regime you can think of. All of them. Even the one you're thinking is so over-the-top evil that nobody would support them. I've seen people support them.

Who the fuck defends Pol Pot or Idi Amin?


Khmer ultra-nationalists who think class is mental instead of economic are the real Marxists.
Kubra wrote:Tbf during the Khmer rouges heyday folks did defend them. Y'know, not a lot of info was getting out, all people saw was a red regime in a conflict hotspot, and one supported by China. This was maoism's zenith, so a lot of Maoists orgs toed the line to keep up the terms of their franchise agreement.


Pol Pol keeping Norodom Sihanouk as ceremonial head of state and having him do PR missions was a masterstroke. Although then again, he couldn't have killed him even if he wanted to, because Beijing supported Norodom.
Time traveling Heian princess trapped in the 21st century
Buddhist Nationalist, Pan-Asianist, Economic Collectivist

User avatar
Northern Davincia
Postmaster-General
 
Posts: 12659
Founded: Jun 10, 2014
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Northern Davincia » Thu Aug 15, 2019 7:21 pm

Torrocca wrote:
Northern Davincia wrote:Poverty is on the decline, yes. Good things take time. The very existence of a middle class is proof enough that capitalism does not act as a stranglehold on wealth.


Poverty's hardly on the decline. And don't you dare pull that "extreme poverty chart" bullshit from the World Bank or whatever.

I want people to be in charge of themselves through individual means, rather than my neighbors deciding what is best for me.


Society isn't a one-way street where you can enjoy the value it gives but then tell it to fuck off when it asks of something from you, bud.

There are enough self-made folk to show how birthright isn't the most important factor.


Self-making your own wealth on the back of other people's labor isn't magically any better than being born into wealth accumulated via the same means.

Things are objectively getting better and the only one not to notice is you.
And for every instance where my actions bring no harm to others, society can politely screw off. Individual rights are paramount. Those who make their own wealth have demonstrated the merit and intelligence to do so.
Right-Libertarian, Minarchist, Laissez-faire Capitalist, Catholic

Conserative Morality wrote:"Two gin-scented tears trickled down the sides of his nose. But it was all right, everything was all right, the struggle was finished. He had won the victory over himself. He loved Big Hoppe."

User avatar
Nova Cyberia
Senator
 
Posts: 4456
Founded: May 06, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Nova Cyberia » Thu Aug 15, 2019 7:24 pm

Northern Davincia wrote:
Torrocca wrote:
Poverty's hardly on the decline. And don't you dare pull that "extreme poverty chart" bullshit from the World Bank or whatever.



Society isn't a one-way street where you can enjoy the value it gives but then tell it to fuck off when it asks of something from you, bud.



Self-making your own wealth on the back of other people's labor isn't magically any better than being born into wealth accumulated via the same means.

Things are objectively getting better and the only one not to notice is you.
And for every instance where my actions bring no harm to others, society can politely screw off. Individual rights are paramount. Those who make their own wealth have demonstrated the merit and intelligence to do so.

A lot of communists have in the past feared economic growth and development, as well as societal welfare programs, would cause their revolution not to occur.

Their ideology is literally predicated on society being as shitty as possible so that people will be desparate enough to adopt their ideas.
Yes, yes, I get it. I'm racist and fascist because I disagree with you. Can we skip that part? I've heard it a million times before and I guarantee it won't be any different when you do it
##############
American Nationalist
Third Positionist Gang

User avatar
Torrocca
Postmaster of the Fleet
 
Posts: 25510
Founded: Dec 01, 2011
Democratic Socialists

Postby Torrocca » Thu Aug 15, 2019 7:35 pm

Northern Davincia wrote:
Torrocca wrote:
Poverty's hardly on the decline. And don't you dare pull that "extreme poverty chart" bullshit from the World Bank or whatever.



Society isn't a one-way street where you can enjoy the value it gives but then tell it to fuck off when it asks of something from you, bud.



Self-making your own wealth on the back of other people's labor isn't magically any better than being born into wealth accumulated via the same means.

Things are objectively getting better and the only one not to notice is you.


Life expectancy and ease of access to schooling is irrelevant to the poverty the overwhelming majority of humanity still faces.

And for every instance where my actions bring no harm to others, society can politely screw off. Individual rights are paramount. Those who make their own wealth have demonstrated the merit and intelligence to do so.


Squashing the rights, liberties, and wellbeing of the worker to make a profit is not something to celebrate.
Libertarian Democratic Socialist. RAINBOW! Revolutionary Catalonia and Revolutionary Rojava Forever! ^_^
I am Her Majesty, Torra I, of the House Anarkittismo, NS's self-anointed Anarcho-Monarchist Queen. Now known as God-Empress Torra.
"Fascism is not debated, it is destroyed." - Buenaventura Durruti
"When the people are being hit with a stick, they are not happier if the stick is called “the stick of the people”. The State is an oppression that must be abolished."
I go by Torra and feminine pronouns! They/Them/Their are perfectly acceptable alternatives as well :3
Suggestions welcome!

Capital - Karl Marx and Frederich Engels
Wage Labor and Capital - Karl Marx
The Conquest of Bread - Peter Kropotkin
Mutual Aid - Peter Kropotkin
Statism and Anarchy - Mikhail Bakunin

User avatar
Kowani
Post Marshal
 
Posts: 15489
Founded: Apr 01, 2018
Democratic Socialists

Postby Kowani » Thu Aug 15, 2019 7:41 pm

Torrocca wrote:


Life expectancy and ease of access to schooling is irrelevant to the poverty the overwhelming majority of humanity still faces.

Ignoring the fact that it’s not irrelevant for a moment, cite that claim on the “overwhelming majority of humanity.”
Narcissistic (Hedonistic) Nihilist. Yes, I am edgy. I know.
Atheist and still proud of it.
Post-Capitalist, Post-Nationalist.
Rights are functionally just privileges society has deemed important.
Prydania wrote:
As a Canadian? I find Americans and their deep, deep distrust of the government to be fundamentally, critically, laughably flawed. I find some aspects of your country completely absurd. The distrust of anything remotely resembling authority is one. The gun problem that stems from that is another.

Seangoli wrote:You are spouting nonsensical drivel with no coherent thought, little logic, and at the end of it all just angry opining at the clouds based on a truly astonishly low level of knowledge or understanding of the subject matter.

0% Capitalism

User avatar
Torrocca
Postmaster of the Fleet
 
Posts: 25510
Founded: Dec 01, 2011
Democratic Socialists

Postby Torrocca » Thu Aug 15, 2019 7:49 pm

Kowani wrote:
Torrocca wrote:
Life expectancy and ease of access to schooling is irrelevant to the poverty the overwhelming majority of humanity still faces.

Ignoring the fact that it’s not irrelevant for a moment, cite that claim on the “overwhelming majority of humanity.”


Here's a handy-dandy thing that cites its sources. The most telling statistic in there is the one that says that "80% of the world population lives on less than $10 a day." Undoubtedly somebody will try to counter with something from the World Bank or something, but those sources only measure extreme poverty, so they're worthless for understanding the reaches of poverty in general.
Libertarian Democratic Socialist. RAINBOW! Revolutionary Catalonia and Revolutionary Rojava Forever! ^_^
I am Her Majesty, Torra I, of the House Anarkittismo, NS's self-anointed Anarcho-Monarchist Queen. Now known as God-Empress Torra.
"Fascism is not debated, it is destroyed." - Buenaventura Durruti
"When the people are being hit with a stick, they are not happier if the stick is called “the stick of the people”. The State is an oppression that must be abolished."
I go by Torra and feminine pronouns! They/Them/Their are perfectly acceptable alternatives as well :3
Suggestions welcome!

Capital - Karl Marx and Frederich Engels
Wage Labor and Capital - Karl Marx
The Conquest of Bread - Peter Kropotkin
Mutual Aid - Peter Kropotkin
Statism and Anarchy - Mikhail Bakunin

User avatar
Kowani
Post Marshal
 
Posts: 15489
Founded: Apr 01, 2018
Democratic Socialists

Postby Kowani » Thu Aug 15, 2019 7:57 pm

Torrocca wrote:
Kowani wrote:Ignoring the fact that it’s not irrelevant for a moment, cite that claim on the “overwhelming majority of humanity.”


Here's a handy-dandy thing that cites its sources. The most telling statistic in there is the one that says that "80% of the world population lives on less than $10 a day." Undoubtedly somebody will try to counter with something from the World Bank or something, but those sources only measure extreme poverty, so they're worthless for understanding the reaches of poverty in general.

Alright, so. The actual citation links don’t work (they’re circular), so I can’t really fact check it. But let us assume they are operating in good faith. The number of people in poverty is not quite as important as the rate of decline of poverty. And while I will be the first to say that we have a lot farther to go and we definitely need serious reform, I will also say that poverty (not just extreme poverty but poverty overall) as well as starvation, child malnutrition, general mortality, growth stunting, and disease exposure have fallen for the vast majority of the world.
Narcissistic (Hedonistic) Nihilist. Yes, I am edgy. I know.
Atheist and still proud of it.
Post-Capitalist, Post-Nationalist.
Rights are functionally just privileges society has deemed important.
Prydania wrote:
As a Canadian? I find Americans and their deep, deep distrust of the government to be fundamentally, critically, laughably flawed. I find some aspects of your country completely absurd. The distrust of anything remotely resembling authority is one. The gun problem that stems from that is another.

Seangoli wrote:You are spouting nonsensical drivel with no coherent thought, little logic, and at the end of it all just angry opining at the clouds based on a truly astonishly low level of knowledge or understanding of the subject matter.

0% Capitalism

User avatar
Torrocca
Postmaster of the Fleet
 
Posts: 25510
Founded: Dec 01, 2011
Democratic Socialists

Postby Torrocca » Thu Aug 15, 2019 7:59 pm

Kowani wrote:
Torrocca wrote:
Here's a handy-dandy thing that cites its sources. The most telling statistic in there is the one that says that "80% of the world population lives on less than $10 a day." Undoubtedly somebody will try to counter with something from the World Bank or something, but those sources only measure extreme poverty, so they're worthless for understanding the reaches of poverty in general.

Alright, so. The actual citation links don’t work (they’re circular), so I can’t really fact check it. But let us assume they are operating in good faith. The number of people in poverty is not quite as important as the rate of decline of poverty. And while I will be the first to say that we have a lot farther to go and we definitely need serious reform, I will also say that poverty (not just extreme poverty but poverty overall) as well as starvation, child malnutrition, general mortality, growth stunting, and disease exposure have fallen for the vast majority of the world.


I have the PDF cited for that specific statistic, which in one of its own citations mentions the $10 a day statistic.
Libertarian Democratic Socialist. RAINBOW! Revolutionary Catalonia and Revolutionary Rojava Forever! ^_^
I am Her Majesty, Torra I, of the House Anarkittismo, NS's self-anointed Anarcho-Monarchist Queen. Now known as God-Empress Torra.
"Fascism is not debated, it is destroyed." - Buenaventura Durruti
"When the people are being hit with a stick, they are not happier if the stick is called “the stick of the people”. The State is an oppression that must be abolished."
I go by Torra and feminine pronouns! They/Them/Their are perfectly acceptable alternatives as well :3
Suggestions welcome!

Capital - Karl Marx and Frederich Engels
Wage Labor and Capital - Karl Marx
The Conquest of Bread - Peter Kropotkin
Mutual Aid - Peter Kropotkin
Statism and Anarchy - Mikhail Bakunin

User avatar
Torrocca
Postmaster of the Fleet
 
Posts: 25510
Founded: Dec 01, 2011
Democratic Socialists

Postby Torrocca » Thu Aug 15, 2019 8:03 pm

Libertarian Democratic Socialist. RAINBOW! Revolutionary Catalonia and Revolutionary Rojava Forever! ^_^
I am Her Majesty, Torra I, of the House Anarkittismo, NS's self-anointed Anarcho-Monarchist Queen. Now known as God-Empress Torra.
"Fascism is not debated, it is destroyed." - Buenaventura Durruti
"When the people are being hit with a stick, they are not happier if the stick is called “the stick of the people”. The State is an oppression that must be abolished."
I go by Torra and feminine pronouns! They/Them/Their are perfectly acceptable alternatives as well :3
Suggestions welcome!

Capital - Karl Marx and Frederich Engels
Wage Labor and Capital - Karl Marx
The Conquest of Bread - Peter Kropotkin
Mutual Aid - Peter Kropotkin
Statism and Anarchy - Mikhail Bakunin

User avatar
United Muscovite Nations
Postmaster of the Fleet
 
Posts: 20355
Founded: Feb 01, 2017
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby United Muscovite Nations » Thu Aug 15, 2019 8:05 pm

Trotskylvania wrote:
Kowani wrote:Who the fuck defends Pol Pot or Idi Amin?

Oh buddy do I have a surprise for you

Oh thank God you're back.
Formerly United Marxist Nations, Dec 02, 2011- Feb 01, 2017. +33,837 posts Eastern Orthodox Christian. Christian Anarchist and Monarchist. Supporter of Pan-Arabism. 22-year old Doomer
Even the apologists of industrialism have been obliged to admit that some economic evils follow in the wake of the machines. These are such as overproduction, unemployment, and a growing inequality in the distribution of wealth. But the remedies proposed by the apologists are always homeopathic. They expect the evils to disappear when we have bigger and better machines, and more of them. Their remedial programs, therefore, look forward to more industrialism.
Pro and Anti: https://www.nationstates.net/nation=uni ... id=1166847

User avatar
Kowani
Post Marshal
 
Posts: 15489
Founded: Apr 01, 2018
Democratic Socialists

Postby Kowani » Thu Aug 15, 2019 8:17 pm


Torra, both of your sources explicitly say that even though there’s a lot left to go and that the decrease has slowed down, that poverty is still decreasing, which is what I’ve been saying this whole time.
Narcissistic (Hedonistic) Nihilist. Yes, I am edgy. I know.
Atheist and still proud of it.
Post-Capitalist, Post-Nationalist.
Rights are functionally just privileges society has deemed important.
Prydania wrote:
As a Canadian? I find Americans and their deep, deep distrust of the government to be fundamentally, critically, laughably flawed. I find some aspects of your country completely absurd. The distrust of anything remotely resembling authority is one. The gun problem that stems from that is another.

Seangoli wrote:You are spouting nonsensical drivel with no coherent thought, little logic, and at the end of it all just angry opining at the clouds based on a truly astonishly low level of knowledge or understanding of the subject matter.

0% Capitalism

User avatar
Torrocca
Postmaster of the Fleet
 
Posts: 25510
Founded: Dec 01, 2011
Democratic Socialists

Postby Torrocca » Thu Aug 15, 2019 8:18 pm

Kowani wrote:

Torra, both of your sources explicitly say that even though there’s a lot left to go and that the decrease has slowed down, that poverty is still decreasing, which is what I’ve been saying this whole time.


... I mean, that's fair enough. It's still an overall incredibly shitty situation, though.
Libertarian Democratic Socialist. RAINBOW! Revolutionary Catalonia and Revolutionary Rojava Forever! ^_^
I am Her Majesty, Torra I, of the House Anarkittismo, NS's self-anointed Anarcho-Monarchist Queen. Now known as God-Empress Torra.
"Fascism is not debated, it is destroyed." - Buenaventura Durruti
"When the people are being hit with a stick, they are not happier if the stick is called “the stick of the people”. The State is an oppression that must be abolished."
I go by Torra and feminine pronouns! They/Them/Their are perfectly acceptable alternatives as well :3
Suggestions welcome!

Capital - Karl Marx and Frederich Engels
Wage Labor and Capital - Karl Marx
The Conquest of Bread - Peter Kropotkin
Mutual Aid - Peter Kropotkin
Statism and Anarchy - Mikhail Bakunin

User avatar
Kowani
Post Marshal
 
Posts: 15489
Founded: Apr 01, 2018
Democratic Socialists

Postby Kowani » Thu Aug 15, 2019 8:22 pm

Torrocca wrote:
Kowani wrote:Torra, both of your sources explicitly say that even though there’s a lot left to go and that the decrease has slowed down, that poverty is still decreasing, which is what I’ve been saying this whole time.


... I mean, that's fair enough. It's still an overall incredibly shitty situation, though.

I would argue that if you take into account how absolutely terrible much of our history has been, it is not “overall shitty”, but it is definitely terrible.
Narcissistic (Hedonistic) Nihilist. Yes, I am edgy. I know.
Atheist and still proud of it.
Post-Capitalist, Post-Nationalist.
Rights are functionally just privileges society has deemed important.
Prydania wrote:
As a Canadian? I find Americans and their deep, deep distrust of the government to be fundamentally, critically, laughably flawed. I find some aspects of your country completely absurd. The distrust of anything remotely resembling authority is one. The gun problem that stems from that is another.

Seangoli wrote:You are spouting nonsensical drivel with no coherent thought, little logic, and at the end of it all just angry opining at the clouds based on a truly astonishly low level of knowledge or understanding of the subject matter.

0% Capitalism

User avatar
Trotskylvania
Post Marshal
 
Posts: 17170
Founded: Jul 07, 2006
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Trotskylvania » Thu Aug 15, 2019 10:43 pm

Nova Cyberia wrote:
Northern Davincia wrote:Things are objectively getting better and the only one not to notice is you.
And for every instance where my actions bring no harm to others, society can politely screw off. Individual rights are paramount. Those who make their own wealth have demonstrated the merit and intelligence to do so.

A lot of communists have in the past feared economic growth and development, as well as societal welfare programs, would cause their revolution not to occur.

Their ideology is literally predicated on society being as shitty as possible so that people will be desparate enough to adopt their ideas.

No, it's because life as a worker is never good no matter how much you're getting paid, because your life is not your own. You're a factor of a system of production, and the nature of that system is to get as much work out of you in as little time as possible, and pay you as little as it can.

Anyone who thinks that social welfare programs or economic growth makes life hunky dory has a hole in their head. As Marx himself put it, "It is as if, among slaves who have at last got behind the secret of slavery and broken out in rebellion, a slave still in thrall to obsolete notions were to inscribe on the program of the rebellion: Slavery must be abolished because the feeding of slaves in the system of slavery cannot exceed a certain low maximum!"
Your Friendly Neighborhood Ultra - The Left Wing of the Impossible
Putting the '-sadism' in Posadism


"The hell of capitalism is the firm, not the fact that the firm has a boss."- Bordiga

User avatar
Nakena
Negotiator
 
Posts: 5213
Founded: May 06, 2017
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Nakena » Thu Aug 15, 2019 10:47 pm

Trotskylvania wrote:
Nova Cyberia wrote:A lot of communists have in the past feared economic growth and development, as well as societal welfare programs, would cause their revolution not to occur.

Their ideology is literally predicated on society being as shitty as possible so that people will be desparate enough to adopt their ideas.

No, it's because life as a worker is never good no matter how much you're getting paid, because your life is not your own. You're a factor of a system of production, and the nature of that system is to get as much work out of you in as little time as possible, and pay you as little as it can.

Anyone who thinks that social welfare programs or economic growth makes life hunky dory has a hole in their head. As Marx himself put it, "It is as if, among slaves who have at last got behind the secret of slavery and broken out in rebellion, a slave still in thrall to obsolete notions were to inscribe on the program of the rebellion: Slavery must be abolished because the feeding of slaves in the system of slavery cannot exceed a certain low maximum!"


Marxism is a dead end-circut-logic ideology from which there cannot be any escape or freedom within it. Its a prison for the mind.
【Your friendly neighbourhood barista and genderqueer degenerate bohemian】
【Female or they/them pronoun preferred but not required】

₴Ø₦₳₭ Ø₴

User avatar
Trotskylvania
Post Marshal
 
Posts: 17170
Founded: Jul 07, 2006
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Trotskylvania » Thu Aug 15, 2019 10:49 pm

United Muscovite Nations wrote:

Oh thank God you're back.

I have returned from my pilgrimage. What news on the home front?
Your Friendly Neighborhood Ultra - The Left Wing of the Impossible
Putting the '-sadism' in Posadism


"The hell of capitalism is the firm, not the fact that the firm has a boss."- Bordiga

User avatar
Nakena
Negotiator
 
Posts: 5213
Founded: May 06, 2017
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Nakena » Thu Aug 15, 2019 10:51 pm

Trotskylvania wrote:
United Muscovite Nations wrote:Oh thank God you're back.

I have returned from my pilgrimage. What news on the home front?


Anti-Bolshevism is on the rise. And so is tankism and blatant Stalin apologism.

Image
【Your friendly neighbourhood barista and genderqueer degenerate bohemian】
【Female or they/them pronoun preferred but not required】

₴Ø₦₳₭ Ø₴

User avatar
Trotskylvania
Post Marshal
 
Posts: 17170
Founded: Jul 07, 2006
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Trotskylvania » Thu Aug 15, 2019 10:51 pm

Nakena wrote:
Trotskylvania wrote:No, it's because life as a worker is never good no matter how much you're getting paid, because your life is not your own. You're a factor of a system of production, and the nature of that system is to get as much work out of you in as little time as possible, and pay you as little as it can.

Anyone who thinks that social welfare programs or economic growth makes life hunky dory has a hole in their head. As Marx himself put it, "It is as if, among slaves who have at last got behind the secret of slavery and broken out in rebellion, a slave still in thrall to obsolete notions were to inscribe on the program of the rebellion: Slavery must be abolished because the feeding of slaves in the system of slavery cannot exceed a certain low maximum!"


Marxism is a dead end-circut-logic ideology from which there cannot be any escape or freedom within it. Its a prison for the mind.

I see we're already skipping to the end where the idealist thinks that ideology moves the wheel of history, and they can think their way out of material problems.
Your Friendly Neighborhood Ultra - The Left Wing of the Impossible
Putting the '-sadism' in Posadism


"The hell of capitalism is the firm, not the fact that the firm has a boss."- Bordiga

User avatar
Kowani
Post Marshal
 
Posts: 15489
Founded: Apr 01, 2018
Democratic Socialists

Postby Kowani » Thu Aug 15, 2019 10:53 pm

Nakena wrote:
Trotskylvania wrote:I have returned from my pilgrimage. What news on the home front?


Anti-Bolshevism is on the rise. And so is tankism and blatant Stalin apologism.

Image

To be fair, apologia for everybody is on the rise.
Narcissistic (Hedonistic) Nihilist. Yes, I am edgy. I know.
Atheist and still proud of it.
Post-Capitalist, Post-Nationalist.
Rights are functionally just privileges society has deemed important.
Prydania wrote:
As a Canadian? I find Americans and their deep, deep distrust of the government to be fundamentally, critically, laughably flawed. I find some aspects of your country completely absurd. The distrust of anything remotely resembling authority is one. The gun problem that stems from that is another.

Seangoli wrote:You are spouting nonsensical drivel with no coherent thought, little logic, and at the end of it all just angry opining at the clouds based on a truly astonishly low level of knowledge or understanding of the subject matter.

0% Capitalism

User avatar
Nakena
Negotiator
 
Posts: 5213
Founded: May 06, 2017
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Nakena » Thu Aug 15, 2019 10:53 pm

Trotskylvania wrote:
Nakena wrote:
Marxism is a dead end-circut-logic ideology from which there cannot be any escape or freedom within it. Its a prison for the mind.

I see we're already skipping to the end where the idealist thinks that ideology moves the wheel of history, and they can think their way out of material problems.


Yeah we're skipping right to the point where all that ideological bullshit is piled up, and then lit on a freaking bonfire. :^)
【Your friendly neighbourhood barista and genderqueer degenerate bohemian】
【Female or they/them pronoun preferred but not required】

₴Ø₦₳₭ Ø₴

User avatar
LiberNovusAmericae
Negotiator
 
Posts: 5352
Founded: Mar 10, 2018
Left-Leaning College State

Postby LiberNovusAmericae » Thu Aug 15, 2019 10:53 pm

Nakena wrote:
Trotskylvania wrote:I have returned from my pilgrimage. What news on the home front?


Anti-Bolshevism is on the rise. And so is tankism and blatant Stalin apologism.

Image

Tankies must be barred from government.
Nova Cyberia wrote:Thank you. I appreciate your respect for my low opinion of you.
Click here.

Rights are what the people are willing to fight for.

User avatar
Trotskylvania
Post Marshal
 
Posts: 17170
Founded: Jul 07, 2006
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Trotskylvania » Thu Aug 15, 2019 10:54 pm

Nakena wrote:
Trotskylvania wrote:I see we're already skipping to the end where the idealist thinks that ideology moves the wheel of history, and they can think their way out of material problems.


Yeah we're skipping right to the point where all that ideological bullshit is piled up, and then lit on a freaking bonfire. :^)

You keep using that word. It does not mean what you think it means.
Your Friendly Neighborhood Ultra - The Left Wing of the Impossible
Putting the '-sadism' in Posadism


"The hell of capitalism is the firm, not the fact that the firm has a boss."- Bordiga

User avatar
Nakena
Negotiator
 
Posts: 5213
Founded: May 06, 2017
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Nakena » Thu Aug 15, 2019 10:59 pm

Trotskylvania wrote:
Nakena wrote:
Yeah we're skipping right to the point where all that ideological bullshit is piled up, and then lit on a freaking bonfire. :^)

You keep using that word. It does not mean what you think it means.


You know exactly what I mean though.
【Your friendly neighbourhood barista and genderqueer degenerate bohemian】
【Female or they/them pronoun preferred but not required】

₴Ø₦₳₭ Ø₴

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Acaciatropole, Cappirt, Exxosia, Galloism, Google [Bot], Graag Brom, Gragastavia, Ifreann, Israeli Empiratic Commonwealth, LiberNovusAmericae, Loben The 2nd, Neanderthaland, New Norkadorf, Paddy O Fernature, Pelagic Spectres, Proctopeo, Republican Cabinda, Shazbotdom, The Empire of Pretantia, The Two Jerseys, The Wasatch, Tombradyonia, Venkara, Washington Resistance Army

Advertisement

Remove ads