NATION

PASSWORD

LWDT 7: The Earth and Heavens Tremble.

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

Which Book on Leftist Ideology is Your Preferred Book?

The Communist Manifesto (Karl Marx and Friedrich Engels)
18%
The Conquest of Bread (Peter Kropotkin)
19%
Das Kapital (Karl Marx)
16%
What is Property? (Pierre-Joseph Proudhon)
2%
Guerilla Warfare (Che Guevara)
6%
Mutual Aid (Peter Kropotkin)
2%
Profit Over People (Noam Chomsky)
3%
The Ego and Its Own (Max Stirner)
6%
Debt: The First 5,000 Years (David Graeber)
4%
Other (Please Explain)
25%

Total votes : 129

Al Mumtahanah
Ambassador

Founded: Jun 21, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Al Mumtahanah » Sun Jul 21, 2019 11:45 pm

Ostroeuropa wrote:
Al Mumtahanah wrote:How come?

There's less adultery in societies with pre-marital sex. People who have had pre-marital sex are less likely to divorce. They're less likely to be involved in an abusive relationship. Plenty of stuff.

Adultery is much more common if it's legal. Divorce in the west has risen since the sexual revolution. Abuse relates mostly to poverty.
Ifreann wrote:
Rojava Free State wrote:How about if I don't wanna learn about Islam I shouldn't have to?

Makes about as much sense as letting kids decide that if they don't wanna eat then they shouldn't have to.

Ostroeuropa
Khan of Spam

Founded: Jun 14, 2006
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Ostroeuropa » Sun Jul 21, 2019 11:46 pm

By the way, one consequence of liberal European attitudes is that, counter-inuitively, we're not a bunch of cucks. The rate of covert illegitimacy of children is lowest in Europe at 1-2%, rising in the rest of the world until it reaches a peak in Africa at 10%.

This is as a result of liberal attitudes to sex pre-marriage lowering the rates of infidelity.

Al Mumtahanah wrote:
Ostroeuropa wrote:
There's less adultery in societies with pre-marital sex. People who have had pre-marital sex are less likely to divorce. They're less likely to be involved in an abusive relationship. Plenty of stuff.

Adultery is much more common if it's legal. Divorce in the west has risen since the sexual revolution. Abuse relates mostly to poverty.

Deterrence doesn't work when it comes to adultery, it merely warps the figures collected by locals on the matter. You can tell because when researchers outside the culture ask, they get significantly higher response rates. For instance, in Pakistan, a third of marriages involve adultery, compared to the US, where it is around 20% and falling in younger generations.

Abuse doesn't relate mostly to poverty, sorry to break it to you.
Last edited by Ostroeuropa on Sun Jul 21, 2019 11:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ostro.MOV

There is an out of control trolley speeding towards Jeremy Bentham, who is tied to the track. You can pull the lever to cause the trolley to switch tracks, but on the other track is Immanuel Kant. Bentham is clutching the only copy in the universe of The Critique of Pure Reason. Kant is clutching the only copy in the universe of The Principles of Moral Legislation. Both men are shouting at you that they have recently started to reconsider their ethical stances.

Cekoviu
Post Marshal

Founded: Oct 18, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Cekoviu » Sun Jul 21, 2019 11:47 pm

Al Mumtahanah wrote:
Nakena wrote:
But saying so is not only heretic to left-liberal orthodoxy it is also raycist.

According to the prevailing views in the mainstream media.

It will, however, in the long run lead to some serious problems.

Islam allows for a critique of society from a new angle. Fatima Barkatulla talked in her show about how immodest dress is a form of sexual harassment of men by women. A lot of Europeans today don't even consider issues like sexual harassment of men.

That's fucking stupid. It infantilizes men to a ridiculous degree, probably advocates misogynistic nonsense in the process, and doesn't actually address important issues with harassment of men. While yes, that is an oft-neglected issue, the solution is not to give it publicity with obviously wrong hypotheses on it.
I don't take the nationalist, Islamophobic position that some others here have, but this kind of thing makes it harder for me to not do so.
pro: women's rights
anti: men's rights

Al Mumtahanah
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Al Mumtahanah » Sun Jul 21, 2019 11:48 pm

Abuse is more common against women who work outside the home

https://www.forbes.com/sites/meghancass ... lence/amp/
Last edited by Al Mumtahanah on Sun Jul 21, 2019 11:49 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Ifreann wrote:
Rojava Free State wrote:How about if I don't wanna learn about Islam I shouldn't have to?

Makes about as much sense as letting kids decide that if they don't wanna eat then they shouldn't have to.

Cekoviu
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Cekoviu » Sun Jul 21, 2019 11:49 pm

Al Mumtahanah wrote:
North German Realm wrote:In all seriousness though, "women not wearing literal garbage sacks is sexual harassment of men" is the most incel comment I've ever heard in my life, and I'm not at all surprised it came from a Muslim.

But Islam places great obligation on men as well, not to flirt with women and to lower their gaze when speaking to them. Very strongly against leering even at immodestly dressed women. As Fatima says the first comnand is given for men to lower their gaze and speak respectfully, the next says women must dress modestly.

Also garbage. Like, if you need a religion to tell you not to ogle people, you probably aren't that great of a person in the first place. And people lowering their gaze when talking to someone just makes it weirder, because then they're looking down at the genitals instead of the face...

Nakena
Post Marshal

Founded: May 06, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Nakena » Sun Jul 21, 2019 11:50 pm

North German Realm wrote:I don't give a fuck about what Quran orders who to do. As long as those orders include forcing women to wear modestly so men don't get attracted, it's harmful, misogynistic cowdung and should be fought on every level.

Theres quite a number of trad-christians and rigid-hard moralists who feel appealed by islamic morality. Sometimes even convert. NSG provides some good examples.

Cekoviu wrote:I don't take the nationalist, Islamophobic position that some others here have, but this kind of thing makes it harder for me to not do so.

You don't have to become a nationalist or "islamophobic" (the word was coined by the same guys who issued the Fatwa to kill Salman Rushdie if I am not mistaken) to be opposed to shitty religious dogmas.
Last edited by Nakena on Sun Jul 21, 2019 11:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Cekoviu
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Cekoviu » Sun Jul 21, 2019 11:51 pm

Al Mumtahanah wrote:Abuse is more common against women who work outside the home

Did you read the article? That's because of people with regressive views like you.

Ostroeuropa
Khan of Spam

Postby Ostroeuropa » Sun Jul 21, 2019 11:51 pm

Cekoviu wrote:
Al Mumtahanah wrote:But Islam places great obligation on men as well, not to flirt with women and to lower their gaze when speaking to them. Very strongly against leering even at immodestly dressed women. As Fatima says the first comnand is given for men to lower their gaze and speak respectfully, the next says women must dress modestly.

Also garbage. Like, if you need a religion to tell you not to ogle people, you probably aren't that great of a person in the first place. And people lowering their gaze when talking to someone just makes it weirder, because then they're looking down at the genitals instead of the face...

If you need religion to tell you not to flash people, you probably aren't that great a person in the first place. Cover up, teach your daughters to respect men.

(Your brain on feminism, spouting crap equivalent to the fundamentalist muslim.).

There is precisely as much with a man looking as there is with a woman showing. The problem is you have pathologized men to the point where you view their sexuality as evil, even when they are not involving you beyond you having to see something non-explicit that you don't like.

If it makes you uncomfortable, get over yourself and stop being such an anti-male prude, because that feeling is pretty much the same as our friend here is describing, difference being western society hasn't called it out enough.
Last edited by Ostroeuropa on Sun Jul 21, 2019 11:57 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Ostro.MOV

There is an out of control trolley speeding towards Jeremy Bentham, who is tied to the track. You can pull the lever to cause the trolley to switch tracks, but on the other track is Immanuel Kant. Bentham is clutching the only copy in the universe of The Critique of Pure Reason. Kant is clutching the only copy in the universe of The Principles of Moral Legislation. Both men are shouting at you that they have recently started to reconsider their ethical stances.

Cekoviu
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Cekoviu » Sun Jul 21, 2019 11:52 pm

Nakena wrote:
Cekoviu wrote:I don't take the nationalist, Islamophobic position that some others here have, but this kind of thing makes it harder for me to not do so.

You don't have to become a nationalist or "islamophobic" (the word was coined by the same guys who issued the Fatwa to kill Salman Rushdie if I am not mistaken) to be opposed to shitty religious dogmas.

There is a very fine line between hating Islam as a religion and hating Muslims. Some, even many, of you have crossed that line.

North German Realm
Senator

Founded: Jan 27, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby North German Realm » Sun Jul 21, 2019 11:53 pm

Nakena wrote:
North German Realm wrote:I don't give a fuck about what Quran orders who to do. As long as those orders include forcing women to wear modestly so men don't get attracted, it's harmful, misogynistic cowdung and should be fought on every level.

Theres quite a number of trad-christians and rigid-hard moralists who feel appealed by islamic morality. Sometimes even convert.

Bold of you to assume the guy who issued the fatwa to kill Rushdie had the ability to speak coherently, much less in another language. (The cunt in question is the first Supreme Leader of Iran, and in our own country he's famous for his inability to make coherent sentences, by which I mean sentences that have a verb, subject, and object).
-----------------
-----------------
-----------------
North German Confederation
NationStates Flag Bracket II - 6th place!

Norddeutscher Bund
Homepage || Overview | Sovereign | Chancellor | Military | Legislature || The World
5 Nov, 2020
Die Morgenpost: "We will reconsider our relationship with Poland" Reichskanzler Lagenmauer says after Polish president protested North German ultimatum that made them restore reproductive freedom. | European Society votes not to persecute Hungary for atrocities committed against Serbs, "Giving a rogue state leave to commit genocide as it sees fit." North German delegate bemoans. | Negotiations still underway in Rome, delegates arguing over the extent of indemnities Turkey might be made to pay, lawful status of Turkish collaborators during occupation of Azerbaijan, Cyprus, Syria.

Ostroeuropa
Khan of Spam

Postby Ostroeuropa » Sun Jul 21, 2019 11:55 pm

Cekoviu wrote:
Al Mumtahanah wrote:Abuse is more common against women who work outside the home

Did you read the article? That's because of people with regressive views like you.

The article spews debunked and anti-male Duluthist nonsense as an explanation but provides no evidence for it beyond voicing their prejudiced worldview. More likely is that work is stressful, and if both partners work, both are stressed out and both are less able to help the other recover from work by doing emotional labour and so on.
Ostro.MOV

Hanafuridake
Negotiator

Founded: Sep 09, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Hanafuridake » Sun Jul 21, 2019 11:56 pm

North German Realm wrote:
Nakena wrote:
Theres quite a number of trad-christians and rigid-hard moralists who feel appealed by islamic morality. Sometimes even convert.

Bold of you to assume the guy who issued the fatwa to kill Rushdie had the ability to speak coherently, much less in another language. (The cunt in question is the first Supreme Leader of Iran, and in our own country he's famous for his inability to make coherent sentences, by which I mean sentences that have a verb, subject, and object).

So basically you guys have Islamic Trump as your head of state?
Nation name in proper language: 花降岳|पुष्पद्वीप
Theravada Buddhist
李贽 wrote:There is nothing difficult about becoming a sage, and nothing false about transcending the world of appearances.
Suriyanakhon's alt, finally found my old account's password

Al Mumtahanah
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Al Mumtahanah » Sun Jul 21, 2019 11:57 pm

Ostroeuropa wrote:By the way, one consequence of liberal European attitudes is that, counter-inuitively, we're not a bunch of cucks. The rate of covert illegitimacy of children is lowest in Europe at 1-2%, rising in the rest of the world until it reaches a peak in Africa at 10%.

This is as a result of liberal attitudes to sex pre-marriage lowering the rates of infidelity.

Al Mumtahanah wrote:Adultery is much more common if it's legal. Divorce in the west has risen since the sexual revolution. Abuse relates mostly to poverty.

Deterrence doesn't work when it comes to adultery, it merely warps the figures collected by locals on the matter. You can tell because when researchers outside the culture ask, they get significantly higher response rates. For instance, in Pakistan, a third of marriages involve adultery, compared to the US, where it is around 20% and falling in younger generations.

Pakistan used to enforce laws against fornication and adultery especially in the 70's, they rarely do anymore despite having them on the books. Qatar would really be a better example.
Ifreann wrote:

Nakena
Post Marshal

Founded: May 06, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Nakena » Sun Jul 21, 2019 11:57 pm

Cekoviu wrote:
Nakena wrote:

There is a very fine line between hating Islam as a religion and hating Muslims. Some, even many, of you have crossed that line.

One can be opposed to judaism and christianity without hating christians or jews. I am not overly fond of christianity either as you may have noticed.

Which being said:

Many of us?

Who are we?

Cekoviu
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Cekoviu » Sun Jul 21, 2019 11:58 pm

Hanafuridake wrote:
North German Realm wrote:Bold of you to assume the guy who issued the fatwa to kill Rushdie had the ability to speak coherently, much less in another language. (The cunt in question is the first Supreme Leader of Iran, and in our own country he's famous for his inability to make coherent sentences, by which I mean sentences that have a verb, subject, and object).

Had. Khomeini is dead now.

Al Mumtahanah
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Al Mumtahanah » Mon Jul 22, 2019 12:00 am

Good riddance
Ifreann wrote:

Ostroeuropa
Khan of Spam

Postby Ostroeuropa » Mon Jul 22, 2019 12:00 am

Al Mumtahanah wrote:
Ostroeuropa wrote:By the way, one consequence of liberal European attitudes is that, counter-inuitively, we're not a bunch of cucks. The rate of covert illegitimacy of children is lowest in Europe at 1-2%, rising in the rest of the world until it reaches a peak in Africa at 10%.

Pakistan used to enforce laws against fornication and adultery especially in the 70's, they rarely do anymore despite having them on the books. Qatar would really be a better example.

Lol.

Divorce rates are 47% in Qatar, and "Electronic adultery" is believed to be the cause.
https://gulfnews.com/world/gulf/qatar/e ... -1.1558621
You have no idea what you're talking about.
Ostro.MOV

Cekoviu
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Cekoviu » Mon Jul 22, 2019 12:01 am

Nakena wrote:
Cekoviu wrote:There is a very fine line between hating Islam as a religion and hating Muslims. Some, even many, of you have crossed that line.

One can be opposed to judaism and christianity without hating christians or jews. I am not overly fond of christianity either as you may have noticed.

Which being said:

Many of us?

Who are we?

Those expressing sympathy for the sentiment that Muslims are inherently harmful to European countries and/or that Syrian refugees are harmful and should have tighter restrictions.

North German Realm
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby North German Realm » Mon Jul 22, 2019 12:01 am

Hanafuridake wrote:
North German Realm wrote:Bold of you to assume the guy who issued the fatwa to kill Rushdie had the ability to speak coherently, much less in another language. (The cunt in question is the first Supreme Leader of Iran, and in our own country he's famous for his inability to make coherent sentences, by which I mean sentences that have a verb, subject, and object).

Had. The cunt kicked the bucket in late 80s. And honestly? Trump isn't even remotely as bad as that guy even at his worst.
-----------------
-----------------
-----------------

Norddeutscher Bund
Homepage || Overview | Sovereign | Chancellor | Military | Legislature || The World
5 Nov, 2020
Die Morgenpost: "We will reconsider our relationship with Poland" Reichskanzler Lagenmauer says after Polish president protested North German ultimatum that made them restore reproductive freedom. | European Society votes not to persecute Hungary for atrocities committed against Serbs, "Giving a rogue state leave to commit genocide as it sees fit." North German delegate bemoans. | Negotiations still underway in Rome, delegates arguing over the extent of indemnities Turkey might be made to pay, lawful status of Turkish collaborators during occupation of Azerbaijan, Cyprus, Syria.

North German Realm
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby North German Realm » Mon Jul 22, 2019 12:03 am

Cekoviu wrote:
Nakena wrote:

Which being said:

Many of us?

Who are we?

Those expressing sympathy for the sentiment that Muslims are inherently harmful to European countries and/or that Syrian refugees are harmful and should have tighter restrictions.
Having any number of Muslims is inherently harmful for any country in multiple aspects (including its culture, civil rights, and safety). Europe isn't really an exception in that front.
-----------------
-----------------
-----------------

Norddeutscher Bund
5 Nov, 2020

Cekoviu
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Cekoviu » Mon Jul 22, 2019 12:03 am

Cekoviu wrote:Those expressing sympathy for the sentiment that Muslims are inherently harmful to European countries and/or that Syrian refugees are harmful and should have tighter restrictions.
Having any number of Muslims is inherently harmful for any country in multiple aspects (including its culture, civil rights, and safety). Europe isn't really an exception in that front.

Thanks for proving my point.

Ostroeuropa
Khan of Spam

Postby Ostroeuropa » Mon Jul 22, 2019 12:04 am

Cekoviu wrote:Those expressing sympathy for the sentiment that Muslims are inherently harmful to European countries and/or that Syrian refugees are harmful and should have tighter restrictions.

This.

Islamization of an institution can take place rapidly due to the misguided attempt to tolerate the intolerable. An example is the collapse of animal welfare standards in the UK due to protections for religious slaughter.

Ghettoization in a constituency system also ensures they have a shill in government prepared to gaslsight the nation and say things are Islamophobic and Intolerant simply because Muslims don't like them, and the media being the media, will platform that and shriek it at everyone, with the "Multicultural left" bending over backwards to accommodate them because they get off on having every single demographic in their little tent even if you don't want that demographic there because the price is too high. (See; Normalization of animal torture.).

Even 26,000 muslims, properly concentrated, can have those effects.
Last edited by Ostroeuropa on Mon Jul 22, 2019 12:07 am, edited 3 times in total.
Ostro.MOV

Hanafuridake
Negotiator

Founded: Sep 09, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Hanafuridake » Mon Jul 22, 2019 12:05 am

Hanafuridake wrote:

Had. The cunt kicked the bucket in late 80s. And honestly? Trump isn't even remotely as bad as that guy even at his worst.

For some reason, I keep thinking that the Rushdie fatwa happened a lot later than it actually did.

I meant less in a moral sense and more that Trump seems incapable of creating functional sentences at times.
Nation name in proper language: 花降岳|पुष्पद्वीप
Theravada Buddhist
李贽 wrote:There is nothing difficult about becoming a sage, and nothing false about transcending the world of appearances.
Suriyanakhon's alt, finally found my old account's password

North German Realm
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby North German Realm » Mon Jul 22, 2019 12:07 am

Cekoviu wrote:
North German Realm wrote:Having any number of Muslims is inherently harmful for any country in multiple aspects (including its culture, civil rights, and safety). Europe isn't really an exception in that front.

Thanks for proving my point.

You don't have any.
-----------------
-----------------
-----------------

Norddeutscher Bund
5 Nov, 2020

North German Realm
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby North German Realm » Mon Jul 22, 2019 12:09 am

Hanafuridake wrote:
North German Realm wrote:Had. The cunt kicked the bucket in late 80s. And honestly? Trump isn't even remotely as bad as that guy even at his worst.

For some reason, I keep thinking that the Rushdie fatwa happened a lot later than it actually did.

I meant less in a moral sense and more that Trump seems incapable of creating functional sentences at times.

I meant the same too. You haven't heard some of Khomeini's speeches, and sadly, the tragically comedic effect is lost when you translate them, but suffice it to say that he is almost consistently known among Iranians for not being able to make any form of sentence. Trump can be incoherent once in a while, but even at his worst, you can still get the gist of what he's trying to say.
-----------------
-----------------
-----------------

Norddeutscher Bund
5 Nov, 2020

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General