NATION

PASSWORD

LWDT 7: The Earth and Heavens Tremble.

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

Which Book on Leftist Ideology is Your Preferred Book?

The Communist Manifesto (Karl Marx and Friedrich Engels)
18%
The Conquest of Bread (Peter Kropotkin)
19%
Das Kapital (Karl Marx)
16%
What is Property? (Pierre-Joseph Proudhon)
2%
Guerilla Warfare (Che Guevara)
6%
Mutual Aid (Peter Kropotkin)
2%
Profit Over People (Noam Chomsky)
3%
The Ego and Its Own (Max Stirner)
6%
Debt: The First 5,000 Years (David Graeber)
4%
Other (Please Explain)
25%

Total votes : 129

Ostroeuropa
Khan of Spam

Founded: Jun 14, 2006
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Ostroeuropa » Sat Apr 06, 2019 1:56 pm

Western Vale Confederacy wrote:
The Galactic Liberal Democracy wrote:@ostroeuropa: Ben Shapiro

I greatly disapprove of Ben Shapiro’s stances, but the stone statue levels of calm he assumes during debates would be a worthy note that his opponents could take.

Believe it or not, losing your cool, even to a massive bigot, effectively means that you are losing the argument.

It certainly shows a fragility to new ideas or arguments outside your comfort zone.
Ostro.MOV

There is an out of control trolley speeding towards Jeremy Bentham, who is tied to the track. You can pull the lever to cause the trolley to switch tracks, but on the other track is Immanuel Kant. Bentham is clutching the only copy in the universe of The Critique of Pure Reason. Kant is clutching the only copy in the universe of The Principles of Moral Legislation. Both men are shouting at you that they have recently started to reconsider their ethical stances.

North German Realm
Senator

Founded: Jan 27, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby North German Realm » Sat Apr 06, 2019 1:57 pm

North German Realm wrote:"Sure he tells rape victims that bringing the resulting pregnancy to term is more important than their own mental health or the resulting child's well upbringing, but at least he's, unlike the aforementioned rape victims, doesn't get mad when he says this."
Yeah no.

What part of "I greatly disapprove of Ben Shapiro’s stances" did you not comprehend?

I said take a note from his methods of debating, not from his goddamn stances.

I didn't misunderstand you. I just said that the fact he says something really infuriating and... doesn't get mad when he hears himself say it... isn't very admirable. The fact that his stances, highly emotional in nature of course, are primarily the reason his "opponents" get mad at him is primarily why I don't agree with you on "he doesn't get angery. That's good".
Last edited by North German Realm on Sat Apr 06, 2019 1:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
-----------------
-----------------
-----------------
North German Confederation
NationStates Flag Bracket II - 6th place!

Norddeutscher Bund
Homepage || Overview | Sovereign | Chancellor | Military | Legislature || The World
5 Nov, 2020
Die Morgenpost: "We will reconsider our relationship with Poland" Reichskanzler Lagenmauer says after Polish president protested North German ultimatum that made them restore reproductive freedom. | European Society votes not to persecute Hungary for atrocities committed against Serbs, "Giving a rogue state leave to commit genocide as it sees fit." North German delegate bemoans. | Negotiations still underway in Rome, delegates arguing over the extent of indemnities Turkey might be made to pay, lawful status of Turkish collaborators during occupation of Azerbaijan, Cyprus, Syria.

Ostroeuropa
Khan of Spam

Postby Ostroeuropa » Sat Apr 06, 2019 2:02 pm

North German Realm wrote:
People are responsible for their own emotions.
What part of "I greatly disapprove of Ben Shapiro’s stances" did you not comprehend?

I said take a note from his methods of debating, not from his goddamn stances.

I didn't misunderstand you. I just said that the fact he says something really infuriating and... doesn't get mad when he hears himself say it... isn't very admirable. The fact that his stances, highly emotional in nature of course, are primarily the reason his "opponents" get mad at him is primarily why I don't agree with you on "he doesn't get angery. That's good".
Ostro.MOV

There is an out of control trolley speeding towards Jeremy Bentham, who is tied to the track. You can pull the lever to cause the trolley to switch tracks, but on the other track is Immanuel Kant. Bentham is clutching the only copy in the universe of The Critique of Pure Reason. Kant is clutching the only copy in the universe of The Principles of Moral Legislation. Both men are shouting at you that they have recently started to reconsider their ethical stances.

Western Vale Confederacy
Powerbroker

Founded: Nov 09, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Western Vale Confederacy » Sat Apr 06, 2019 2:03 pm

Ostroeuropa wrote:
I greatly disapprove of Ben Shapiro’s stances, but the stone statue levels of calm he assumes during debates would be a worthy note that his opponents could take.

Believe it or not, losing your cool, even to a massive bigot, effectively means that you are losing the argument.

It certainly shows a fragility to new ideas or arguments outside your comfort zone.

No, I will certainly not rule out an entire political following as being incapable of debate and reasoning just because a minority of schmucks have piss poor anger management skills, it is simply not in my good nature.

Ostroeuropa
Khan of Spam

Postby Ostroeuropa » Sat Apr 06, 2019 2:36 pm

Ostroeuropa wrote: It certainly shows a fragility to new ideas or arguments outside your comfort zone.

No, I will certainly not rule out an entire political following as being incapable of debate and reasoning just because a minority of schmucks have piss poor anger management skills, it is simply not in my good nature.

Certain ideological frameworks have it built right in to them that this behavior is acceptable.
Ostro.MOV

Democratic Communist Federation
Negotiator

Founded: Jul 14, 2017
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Democratic Communist Federation » Sat Apr 06, 2019 2:40 pm

A slightly edited excerpt from my latest book:

We need the Divine Feminine like we have never needed Her before. When President Donald J. Trump separated Latino parents from their children, he was, to the Marxist Dharma, dividing all of us from our children. In proposing his imaginary wall between Mexico and the U.S., he is blockading every resident of the Marxist Dharma from the United States, too. Excluding Muslims from the U.S. also bars the Marxist Dharma from entering the U.S. His decision to prevent transgendered persons from entering the military bans the Marxist Dharma from public service. We became refugees, Mexicans, Muslims, members of the LGBTQQIA (Lesbian/Gay/Bisexual/Transgendered/Queer/Questioning/Intersex/Asexual) or the GSD (gender and sexual diversity) community, and outcasts. Our personal biographies notwithstanding, everyone is now dominated. We intersubjectively entered the lifeworlds of the other as a divinely feminine copresence, nonduality, or cosmic envelope.

The Libertarian Marxist Dharma of Dialectical metaRealism
Ššālōm ʿălēyəḵẹm, Mōšẹh ʾẠhărōn hạ•Lēwiy bẹn Hẹʿrəšẹʿl (Hebrew/Yiddish, מֹשֶׁה אַהֲרֹן הַלֵוִי בֶּן הֶערְשֶׁעל)
third campismLibertarian Marxist Social Fictioncritical realismAntifaDialectical metaRealism ☝️ The
MarkFoster.NETwork
You are welcome as an embassy of Antifa Dialectical metaRealism. Our ♥️ ḏik°r
(Arabic, ذِكْر. remembrance): Yā Bahāˁ ʾal•⫯Ab°haỳ, wa•yā ʿAliyy ʾal•⫯Aʿ°laỳ! (Arabic, !يَا بَهَاء لأَبْهَى ، وَيَا عَلِيّ الأَعْلَى)
Code: Select all
[color=#ff0000]Member,[/color] [url=https://www.nationstates.net/nation=democratic_communist_federation/detail=factbook/id=870177][color=#ff0000][u]Antifa Dialectical metaRealism[/u][/color][/url]

New yugoslavaia
Minister

Founded: Jun 07, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby New yugoslavaia » Sat Apr 06, 2019 2:42 pm

Ostroeuropa wrote:

Certain ideological frameworks have it built right in to them that this behavior is acceptable.

C I T A T I O N N E E D E D
Yugoslavia's back baby...

How the hell did this happen?
Well...we don't actually know. Just sort of happened one day.
Is it a reunited Yugoslavia in the 21st century? Is a rebel colony world in the far future? Is it a race of cyborg neo-life at war with any assimilating organisms they come across in the far far future? Who knows, who cares?
New Yugoslavia just is.

Western Vale Confederacy
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Western Vale Confederacy » Sat Apr 06, 2019 2:43 pm

Democratic Communist Federation wrote:A slightly edited excerpt from my latest book:

We need the Divine Feminine like we have never needed Her before. When President Donald J. Trump separated Latino parents from their children, he was, to the Marxist Dharma, dividing all of us from our children. In proposing his imaginary wall between Mexico and the U.S., he is blockading every resident of the Marxist Dharma from the United States, too. Excluding Muslims from the U.S. also bars the Marxist Dharma from entering the U.S. His decision to prevent transgendered persons from entering the military bans the Marxist Dharma from public service. We became refugees, Mexicans, Muslims, members of the LGBTQQIA (Lesbian/Gay/Bisexual/Transgendered/Queer/Questioning/Intersex/Asexual) or the GSD (gender and sexual diversity) community, and outcasts. Our personal biographies notwithstanding, everyone is now dominated. We intersubjectively entered the lifeworlds of the other as a divinely feminine copresence, nonduality, or cosmic envelope.

Everything you just wrote...

Is utterly incomprehensible.

Negotiator

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Democratic Communist Federation » Sat Apr 06, 2019 2:44 pm

The Man Who Shot Jiminy Cricket wrote:I blame cultural Marxists for being cultural Marxists

There is no such thing as a cultural Marxist. I have been a Marxist since 1968, and I have never once heard any of my comrades refer to them by that term. Cultural Marxists is a neonazi term for Jews.
Ššālōm ʿălēyəḵẹm, Mōšẹh ʾẠhărōn hạ•Lēwiy bẹn Hẹʿrəšẹʿl (Hebrew/Yiddish, מֹשֶׁה אַהֲרֹן הַלֵוִי בֶּן הֶערְשֶׁעל)
third campismLibertarian Marxist Social Fictioncritical realismAntifaDialectical metaRealism ☝️ The
MarkFoster.NETwork
(Arabic, ذِكْر. remembrance): Yā Bahāˁ ʾal•⫯Ab°haỳ, wa•yā ʿAliyy ʾal•⫯Aʿ°laỳ! (Arabic, !يَا بَهَاء لأَبْهَى ، وَيَا عَلِيّ الأَعْلَى)
[color=#ff0000]Member,[/color] [url=https://www.nationstates.net/nation=democratic_communist_federation/detail=factbook/id=870177][color=#ff0000][u]Antifa Dialectical metaRealism[/u][/color][/url]

Negotiator

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Democratic Communist Federation » Sat Apr 06, 2019 2:45 pm

The Man Who Shot Jiminy Cricket wrote:Well so is America and America is beholden to Israel

The U.S. is also beholden to Saudi Arabia and many other countries. Political alliances are marriages of convenience.
MarkFoster.NETwork

Ostroeuropa
Khan of Spam

Postby Ostroeuropa » Sat Apr 06, 2019 2:45 pm

Democratic Communist Federation wrote:
The Man Who Shot Jiminy Cricket wrote:I blame cultural Marxists for being cultural Marxists

There is no such thing as a cultural Marxist. I have been a Marxist since 1968, and I have never once heard any of my comrades refer to them by that term. Cultural Marxists is a neonazi term for Jews.

TERFs don't call eachother TERFs either.
Ostro.MOV

Ostroeuropa
Khan of Spam

Postby Ostroeuropa » Sat Apr 06, 2019 2:49 pm

New yugoslavaia wrote:
Ostroeuropa wrote:

C I T A T I O N N E E D E D

You want a citation for the fact that ideological rationalizations to justify emotional outbursts exist?
Ostro.MOV

Negotiator

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Democratic Communist Federation » Sat Apr 06, 2019 2:51 pm

Western Vale Confederacy wrote:Everything you just wrote...

Is utterly incomprehensible.

I am an academic. However, I avoid using technical jargon unnecessarily.
Last edited by Democratic Communist Federation on Sat Apr 06, 2019 2:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MarkFoster.NETwork

Ostroeuropa
Khan of Spam

Postby Ostroeuropa » Sat Apr 06, 2019 2:54 pm

Democratic Communist Federation wrote:I am an academic. However, I avoid using technical jargon unnecessarily.

It's poor form to throw around new jargon at all without offering definitions. To assume people know what "Marxist Dharma" is, when after a few pages of googling that appears to be your own personal term, is silly. But you didn't assume that. You knew full well people wouldn't know what it meant and used it anyway.
It was an entirely ziggabound post you made. Buy my book to understand what that means.
Last edited by Ostroeuropa on Sat Apr 06, 2019 2:56 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Ostro.MOV

The Man Who Shot Jiminy Cricket
Diplomat

Founded: Mar 28, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby The Man Who Shot Jiminy Cricket » Sat Apr 06, 2019 3:10 pm

The Man Who Shot Jiminy Cricket wrote:Well so is America and America is beholden to Israel

The U.S. is also beholden to Saudi Arabia and many other countries. Political alliances are marriages of convenience.

Saudi Arabia is on the same page as Israel. If Israel became strongly hostile to Saudi Arabia, rest assured the U.S would be as well.
1 By the morning hours
2 And by the night when it is stillest,
3 Thy Lord hath not forsaken thee nor doth He hate thee,
4 And verily the latter portion will be better for thee than the former,
5 And verily thy Lord will give unto thee so that thou wilt be content.
6 Did He not find thee an orphan and protect (thee) ?
7 Did He not find thee wandering and direct (thee) ?
8 Did He not find thee destitute and enrich (thee) ?
9 Therefor the orphan oppress not,
10 Therefor the beggar drive not away,
11 Therefor of the bounty of thy Lord be thy discourse

Read the Qur'an!
Introduction to Islam through understanding the Qur'an
Why Islam?

Communist Zombie Horde
Diplomat

Founded: Jan 04, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Communist Zombie Horde » Sat Apr 06, 2019 3:13 pm

That's a lie and you're just spreading memes at this point.
NS Parliament: Arnold Delbert; National People's Party

This nation is not entirely representative of my views. I've had some fun with the stats and I want to keep them that way.

The Man Who Shot Jiminy Cricket
Diplomat

Founded: Mar 28, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby The Man Who Shot Jiminy Cricket » Sat Apr 06, 2019 3:14 pm

I guess if Neo-Nazi is a Marxist term for white males.
1 By the morning hours
2 And by the night when it is stillest,
3 Thy Lord hath not forsaken thee nor doth He hate thee,
4 And verily the latter portion will be better for thee than the former,
5 And verily thy Lord will give unto thee so that thou wilt be content.
6 Did He not find thee an orphan and protect (thee) ?
7 Did He not find thee wandering and direct (thee) ?
8 Did He not find thee destitute and enrich (thee) ?
9 Therefor the orphan oppress not,
10 Therefor the beggar drive not away,
11 Therefor of the bounty of thy Lord be thy discourse

Read the Qur'an!
Introduction to Islam through understanding the Qur'an
Why Islam?

Thanatttynia
Senator

Founded: Nov 10, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Thanatttynia » Sat Apr 06, 2019 3:20 pm

Democratic Communist Federation wrote:A slightly edited excerpt from my latest book:

Same energy
Syng I wolde, butt, alas! decendunt prospera grata.

New yugoslavaia
Minister

Founded: Jun 07, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby New yugoslavaia » Sat Apr 06, 2019 3:22 pm

I have a feeling shitshow doesn't even start to begin to describe what this thread has just turned into.
Oh Kalergi, what have I done?
Did I start this? I mentioned CM in the first place.
Yugoslavia's back baby...

How the hell did this happen?
Well...we don't actually know. Just sort of happened one day.
Is it a reunited Yugoslavia in the 21st century? Is a rebel colony world in the far future? Is it a race of cyborg neo-life at war with any assimilating organisms they come across in the far far future? Who knows, who cares?
New Yugoslavia just is.

Western Vale Confederacy
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Western Vale Confederacy » Sat Apr 06, 2019 3:24 pm

Thanatttynia wrote:

Same energy

What the fuck is this?

EXPLAIN!

Hanafuridake
Negotiator

Founded: Sep 09, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Hanafuridake » Sat Apr 06, 2019 3:24 pm

the Marxist Dharma,

Excuse me, what?
Nation name in proper language: 花降岳|पुष्पद्वीप
Theravada Buddhist
李贽 wrote:There is nothing difficult about becoming a sage, and nothing false about transcending the world of appearances.
Suriyanakhon's alt, finally found my old account's password

Thanatttynia
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Thanatttynia » Sat Apr 06, 2019 3:26 pm

New yugoslavaia wrote:I have a feeling shitshow doesn't even start to begin to describe what this thread has just turned into.
Oh Kalergi, what have I done?
Did I start this? I mentioned CM in the first place.

I mean, I'd rather we talk about cultural marxism than relitigate some painfully obscure historical movement or event yet again for 5+ pages in service of equally obscure and meaningless factional differences

Thanatttynia
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Thanatttynia » Sat Apr 06, 2019 3:27 pm

Thanatttynia wrote:Same energy

What the fuck is this?

EXPLAIN!

That's Hollywood harpy Alyssa Milano revealing to her fans that she has transcended the corporeal realm and is now at one with everything. Look in the mirror, and Alyssa Milano will be in you, as well

Dumb Ideologies
Post Czar

Founded: Sep 30, 2007
Mother Knows Best State

Postby Dumb Ideologies » Sat Apr 06, 2019 3:28 pm

Sometimes the gap between academic writing and the incoherent ramblings of the deeply psychotic homeless meth-addict is much smaller than most of us are comfortable with admitting.
Are these "human rights" in the room with us right now?
★彡 Professional pessimist. Reactionary socialist and gamer liberationist. Coffee addict. Fun at parties 彡★
Freedom is when people agree with you, and the more people you can force to act like they agree the freer society is
You are the trolley problem's conductor. You could stop the train in time but you do not. Nobody knows you're part of the equation. You satisfy your bloodlust and get away with it every time

Uiiop
Powerbroker

Founded: Jun 20, 2012
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Uiiop » Sat Apr 06, 2019 3:30 pm

Hanafuridake wrote:

Excuse me, what?

In DCF's case it seems his personal theory work gets mixed with theology.
#NSTransparency

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General