NATION

PASSWORD

Wargame simulations show Russia and China could defeat US

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

The South Falls
Postmaster-General

Founded: Oct 18, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby The South Falls » Tue Mar 19, 2019 11:21 am

Shofercia wrote:
Genivaria wrote:With iron axes and armor and not a single sneeze.
And they wouldn't be 'colonists' by the time Columbus came along but a mixed people who incorporated Norse religion as well as hostility to the White Christ.

So you're saying that Columbus' expedition would've been destroyed, and the Native American Lifestyle would've been preserved. I figured you'd enjoy this one, Gen:

The only homeland security vulnerable to a sneeze.
This is an MT nation that reflects some of my beliefs, trade deals and debate always welcome! Call me TeaSF. A level 8, according to This Index.

Political Compass Results:

Economic: -5.5
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -4.51
I make dumb jokes. I'm really serious about that.

Genivaria
Khan of Spam

Founded: Mar 29, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Genivaria » Tue Mar 19, 2019 11:26 am

Shofercia wrote:
Genivaria wrote:With iron axes and armor and not a single sneeze.
And they wouldn't be 'colonists' by the time Columbus came along but a mixed people who incorporated Norse religion as well as hostility to the White Christ.

So you're saying that Columbus' expedition would've been destroyed, and the Native American Lifestyle would've been preserved. I figured you'd enjoy this one, Gen:

Oh very nice. :D

The Alma Mater
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: May 23, 2004
Ex-Nation

Postby The Alma Mater » Tue Mar 19, 2019 11:36 am

Yusseria wrote: My question is this: is this indicative of our need to strengthen our military? For all the talk about how much the US wastes on the military... if we can not even defend Taiwan or our Baltic allies then clearly something is wrong.

The USA already spends more than the next 10 countries, including China and Russia, COMBINED.

Why do you think more money would help ?
Getting an education was a bit like a communicable sexual disease.
It made you unsuitable for a lot of jobs and then you had the urge to pass it on.
- Terry Pratchett, Hogfather

Yagon
Minister

Founded: May 27, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Yagon » Tue Mar 19, 2019 11:46 am

The Alma Mater wrote:
Yusseria wrote: My question is this: is this indicative of our need to strengthen our military? For all the talk about how much the US wastes on the military... if we can not even defend Taiwan or our Baltic allies then clearly something is wrong.

The USA already spends more than the next 10 countries, including China and Russia, COMBINED.

So we can develop more technology for enemies to steal.

Wait....

Lord Dominator
Powerbroker

Founded: Dec 22, 2016
Right-wing Utopia

Postby Lord Dominator » Tue Mar 19, 2019 11:53 am

Yagon wrote:
The Alma Mater wrote:

So we can develop more technology for enemies to steal.

Wait....

This calls for that Gru meme, much as it pains me to say

Nea Byzantia
Negotiator

Founded: Jun 03, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Nea Byzantia » Tue Mar 19, 2019 11:54 am

Shofercia wrote:
Nea Byzantia wrote:Cool. Its too bad that didn't happen.

This is one of the many reasons that Alexander the Uno was a bad ruler who needed proper spanking... by daddy.

And what about Nicholas I, or Alexander III? Were they so bad?

Yusseria
Minister

Founded: Feb 02, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Yusseria » Tue Mar 19, 2019 12:01 pm

The Alma Mater wrote:

That doesn't account for purchasing power, m8.
Yusseria - The Prussia of NationStates
There is nothing wrong with Islamaphobia

Free Arabian Nation
Ambassador

Founded: May 02, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Free Arabian Nation » Tue Mar 19, 2019 12:03 pm

Question. Does this wargame show a brief conflict as in taking out military bases or all-out war between the US and the Russo-Chinese alliance? Because if it's the latter, that's physically impossible. If it goes nuclear, we all die, and if it doesn't go nuclear a naval invasion of America would be impossible and vice versa.

The two continents are just too far away for any kind of meaningful invasion without the help of allies.
العرب الأحرار
I don't use NS Stats, for they are against the will of Liberty and God.

News
Open to TGs

The South Falls
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby The South Falls » Tue Mar 19, 2019 12:05 pm

Free Arabian Nation wrote:Question. Does this wargame show a brief conflict as in taking out military bases or all-out war between the US and the Russo-Chinese alliance? Because if it's the latter, that's physically impossible. If it goes nuclear, we all die, and if it doesn't go nuclear a naval invasion of America would be impossible and vice versa.

The two continents are just too far away for any kind of meaningful invasion without the help of allies.

It has to be the former. A wargame of nuclear war would be just plain useless.
This is an MT nation that reflects some of my beliefs, trade deals and debate always welcome! Call me TeaSF. A level 8, according to This Index.

Free Arabian Nation
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Free Arabian Nation » Tue Mar 19, 2019 12:07 pm

The South Falls wrote:
Free Arabian Nation wrote:Question. Does this wargame show a brief conflict as in taking out military bases or all-out war between the US and the Russo-Chinese alliance? Because if it's the latter, that's physically impossible. If it goes nuclear, we all die, and if it doesn't go nuclear a naval invasion of America would be impossible and vice versa.

And a war game of all-out WW2 style war would be useless as both sides would be too industrialized/far away to kill each other.
العرب الأحرار

News
Open to TGs

Holy Tedalonia
Postmaster-General

Founded: Nov 14, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Holy Tedalonia » Tue Mar 19, 2019 12:08 pm

The South Falls wrote:

I’m rather curious of all out war minus nukes would turn out.
Name: Ted
I have hot takes, I like roasting the fuck out of bad takes, and I don't take shit way too seriously.
I M P E R I A LR E P U B L I C

Holy Tedalonia
Postmaster-General

Founded: Nov 14, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Holy Tedalonia » Tue Mar 19, 2019 12:10 pm

Free Arabian Nation wrote:
The South Falls wrote:It has to be the former. A wargame of nuclear war would be just plain useless.

And a war game of all-out WW2 style war would be useless as both sides would be too industrialized/far away to kill each other.

I imagine it would be very light skirmish battles like in Russia’s war for Ukraine. Then followed by invasion at some point when all requirements for landing are met.
Name: Ted
I have hot takes, I like roasting the fuck out of bad takes, and I don't take shit way too seriously.
I M P E R I A LR E P U B L I C

Free Arabian Nation
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Free Arabian Nation » Tue Mar 19, 2019 12:11 pm

Holy Tedalonia wrote:
The South Falls wrote:It has to be the former. A wargame of nuclear war would be just plain useless.

Firstly, NATO would probably be quick to cuck Russia, or at least keep it distracted on the Western front.

China would be the big issue, China is massive in size, population, and Industrialization. It would either turn into the Naval Equivalent of Trench Warfare in the Pacific or into a chaotic mess of Island Hopping and massive naval battles.
العرب الأحرار

News
Open to TGs

The Alma Mater
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: May 23, 2004
Ex-Nation

Postby The Alma Mater » Tue Mar 19, 2019 12:18 pm

Holy Tedalonia wrote:

With chemical and biological weapons ?
We still die.
Getting an education was a bit like a communicable sexual disease.
It made you unsuitable for a lot of jobs and then you had the urge to pass it on.
- Terry Pratchett, Hogfather

The Occident
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Sep 30, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby The Occident » Tue Mar 19, 2019 12:34 pm

Russia AND China. The thing is, neither country sticks out its neck for the other now and certainly wouldn't in a realistic wartime scenario. Russia won't gamble on striking the Baltic nations because it knows that will lead to a protracted war with NATO--and eventually the US will get involved. China would likely be facing US forces alone, a gamble with its economy and armed forces the CCP doesn't seem willing to take--yet. Overall, the two nations just aren't well-connected enough to pull something like this off, even if wargames show it's possible.

Shofercia
Post Czar

Founded: Feb 22, 2008
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Shofercia » Tue Mar 19, 2019 12:35 pm

All the Wargame did was show that Russia and China are capable of capturing the Baltics and Taiwan, respectively. For some odd reason that led NSG to believe that Russia shall embark on a Polish Campaign, and if China decided to do some more adventuring in Asia.

Nea Byzantia wrote:
Shofercia wrote:
This is one of the many reasons that Alexander the Uno was a bad ruler who needed proper spanking... by daddy.

And what about Nicholas I, or Alexander III? Were they so bad?

Alexander the Trio was bad on the Domestic Front. His policies helped radicalize the Grand Duchy of Finland, and not just them. He failed to capitalize on potential Foreign Policy achievements, and followed a mediocre Economic Policy.

Nicolas I failed at managing the economy, when it was desperately needed. He should've focused more on fixing Russia's economy, and let the Russian Military deal with securing Russia's borders. They weren't horrible, but also weren't the leaders that Russia needed at the time.
Come, learn about Russian Culture! Bring Vodka and Ushanka. Interested in Slavic Culture? Fill this out.
Stonk Power! (North) Kosovo is (a de facto part of) Serbia and Crimea is (a de facto part of) Russia
I used pronouns until the mods made using wrong pronouns warnable, so I use names instead; if you see malice there, that's entirely on you, and if pronouns are no longer warnable, I'll go back to using them

Genivaria
Khan of Spam

Founded: Mar 29, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Genivaria » Tue Mar 19, 2019 12:38 pm

Shofercia wrote:

All the Wargame did was show that Russia and China are capable of capturing the Baltics and Taiwan, respectively. For some odd reason that led NSG to believe that Russia shall embark on a Polish Campaign, and if China decided to do some more adventuring in Asia.

Nea Byzantia wrote:And what about Nicholas I, or Alexander III? Were they so bad?

Alexander the Trio was bad on the Domestic Front. His policies helped radicalize the Grand Duchy of Finland, and not just them. He failed to capitalize on potential Foreign Policy achievements, and followed a mediocre Economic Policy.

Nicolas I failed at managing the economy, when it was desperately needed. He should've focused more on fixing Russia's economy, and let the Russian Military deal with securing Russia's borders. They weren't horrible, but also weren't the leaders that Russia needed at the time.

I blame the misleading titles of both the thread OP and of Fox News.
But then Fox News is little better than an attention grabbing tabloid half the time.

Shofercia
Post Czar

Founded: Feb 22, 2008
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Shofercia » Tue Mar 19, 2019 1:39 pm

Genivaria wrote:
Shofercia wrote:

I blame the misleading titles of both the thread OP and of Fox News.
But then Fox News is little better than an attention grabbing tabloid half the time.

Both titles, the OP's and Fox News' are absolutely horRANDous.

See what I did there? :P
Come, learn about Russian Culture! Bring Vodka and Ushanka. Interested in Slavic Culture? Fill this out.
Stonk Power! (North) Kosovo is (a de facto part of) Serbia and Crimea is (a de facto part of) Russia
I used pronouns until the mods made using wrong pronouns warnable, so I use names instead; if you see malice there, that's entirely on you, and if pronouns are no longer warnable, I'll go back to using them

The Galactic Liberal Democracy
Minister

Founded: Jun 13, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby The Galactic Liberal Democracy » Tue Mar 19, 2019 2:03 pm

The Alma Mater wrote:The USA already spends more than the next 10 countries, including China and Russia, COMBINED.

The amount of money spent doesn’t equal the strength of our military. China and Russia save money on certain things while still having strong militaries. The US has also allocated money to expensive projects that are not necessary. Having the coolest plane doesn’t matter if you are outgunned and without a winning strategy against superior forces. By that logic, a few extremely rich people could have an army capable of destroying the world powers.
NOT STORMTROOPERS
Cossack Khanate wrote:This shall forever be known as World War Sh*t: Newark Aggression. Now if I see one more troop deployed, I will call on the force of all the Hindu gods to reverse time and wipe your race of the face of the planet. Cease.

The Black Party wrote:(TBP kamikaze's into all 99999999999 nukes before they hit our territory because we just have that many pilots ready to die for dah blak regime, we also counter-attack into your nation with our entire population of 45 million because this RP allows it.)

El-Amin Caliphate wrote:Galatic Liberal Democracy short-circuits all of NS with FACTS and LOGIC

The Galactic Liberal Democracy
Minister

Founded: Jun 13, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby The Galactic Liberal Democracy » Tue Mar 19, 2019 2:06 pm

Free Arabian Nation wrote:Firstly, NATO would probably be quick to cuck Russia, or at least keep it distracted on the Western front.

China would be the big issue, China is massive in size, population, and Industrialization. It would either turn into the Naval Equivalent of Trench Warfare in the Pacific or into a chaotic mess of Island Hopping and massive naval battles.

Until American forces arrive, don’t count on Europe being able to defend themselves. Eurasia would be doomed for the most part, but an offensive on America would be much harder.
NOT STORMTROOPERS
Cossack Khanate wrote:This shall forever be known as World War Sh*t: Newark Aggression. Now if I see one more troop deployed, I will call on the force of all the Hindu gods to reverse time and wipe your race of the face of the planet. Cease.

The Black Party wrote:(TBP kamikaze's into all 99999999999 nukes before they hit our territory because we just have that many pilots ready to die for dah blak regime, we also counter-attack into your nation with our entire population of 45 million because this RP allows it.)

El-Amin Caliphate wrote:Galatic Liberal Democracy short-circuits all of NS with FACTS and LOGIC

Novus America
Post Czar

Founded: Jun 02, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Novus America » Tue Mar 19, 2019 2:15 pm

The Galactic Liberal Democracy wrote:
The Alma Mater wrote:The USA already spends more than the next 10 countries, including China and Russia, COMBINED.

The amount of money spent doesn’t equal the strength of our military. China and Russia save money on certain things while still having strong militaries. The US has also allocated money to expensive projects that are not necessary. Having the coolest plane doesn’t matter if you are outgunned and without a winning strategy against superior forces. By that logic, a few extremely rich people could have an army capable of destroying the world powers.

Wages are a major difference.
US troops are paid far better than their Chinese and Russian counterparts.
The relatively low wages in those countries allow them to pay their troops much less.
___|_|___ _|__*__|_

Zombie Ike/Teddy Roosevelt 2020.

Novus America represents my vision of an awesome Atompunk near future United States of America expanded to the entire North American continent, Guyana and the Philippines. The population would be around 700 million.
Think something like prewar Fallout, minus the bad stuff.

Politically I am an independent. I support what is good for the country, which means I cannot support either party.

Memeosan
Lobbyist

Founded: Sep 26, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Memeosan » Tue Mar 19, 2019 3:17 pm

Novus America wrote:
The Galactic Liberal Democracy wrote:The amount of money spent doesn’t equal the strength of our military. China and Russia save money on certain things while still having strong militaries. The US has also allocated money to expensive projects that are not necessary. Having the coolest plane doesn’t matter if you are outgunned and without a winning strategy against superior forces. By that logic, a few extremely rich people could have an army capable of destroying the world powers.

Wages are a major difference.
US troops are paid far better than their Chinese and Russian counterparts.
The relatively low wages in those countries allow them to pay their troops much less.

While in Vietnam in the 1950's to 1970's

Comradeistan
Attaché

Founded: Feb 07, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Comradeistan » Tue Mar 19, 2019 3:20 pm

Three Words: Mutually. Assured. Destruction.
Rated a 10/10 nation according to This Index.

This nation is a meme nation, And does not represent my views.

Dooom35796821595
Powerbroker

Founded: Sep 11, 2011
Father Knows Best State

Postby Dooom35796821595 » Tue Mar 19, 2019 3:24 pm

The Galactic Liberal Democracy wrote:
Free Arabian Nation wrote:Firstly, NATO would probably be quick to cuck Russia, or at least keep it distracted on the Western front.

Until American forces arrive, don’t count on Europe being able to defend themselves. Eurasia would be doomed for the most part, but an offensive on America would be much harder.

Well, as far as France would allow before going nuclear. So Western Europe is safe, if just to provide a comfortable buffer for France. :lol:
When life gives you lemons, you BURN THEIR HOUSE DOWN!
Anything can be justified if it is cool. If at first you don't succeed, destroy all in your way.
"Your methods are stupid! Your progress has been stupid! Your intelligence is stupid! For the sake of the mission, you must be terminated!”

The South Falls
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby The South Falls » Tue Mar 19, 2019 3:26 pm

Comradeistan wrote:Three Words: Mutually. Assured. Destruction.

TACTICAL NUKE!

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General