NATION

PASSWORD

50 Dead After New Zealand Terrorist Attack

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

Nevv Vegas
Attaché

Founded: Nov 02, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Nevv Vegas » Sun Mar 17, 2019 1:57 am

S: National Syndicalism/Falangism, Estonian Nationalism, Enviromentalism, Protestantism, Strasserism, Azov Brigade and Eco-Fascism.
A: Revision Of Trianon, Huey Long, Italian Fascism.
B: Indian Restoration over America, Hitlerism and Esoteric Hitlerism.
C: China,
D:
E: Communism (Inherently leads to the destruction of ethnicity and language, see USSR and Russification), Russia (Gib Petseri Back).
F: USA, Republicans, Democrats, Israel, Zionism, Palestine, Judaism, LGBT, Feminism, Paganism, Islam.

Elagu Eesti!
Previous entities: Polvamaa, National Estonia.

New Vegas, 2283, Mr. House has taken most of the Mojave after the second battle of Hoover Dam with the NCR nearly destroyed and the Legion in a civil war. And House is going to expand his enterprise.

Costa Fierro
Post Marshal

Founded: Dec 09, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Costa Fierro » Sun Mar 17, 2019 2:04 am

"Inside every cynical person, there is a disappointed idealist." - George Carlin

Vassenor
Khan of Spam

Founded: Nov 11, 2010
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Vassenor » Sun Mar 17, 2019 2:05 am

Liriena wrote:The whole "we mustn't talk about the terrorist's ideology because he wanted to cause political divisions" argument being made is such bullshit. Yeah, the guy wanted to increase left/right tensions and spark a race war. Doesn't change the fact that he was a white supremacist who was quite blatantly radicalized by the daily avalanche of paranoid, mush-brained garbage coming from the extremely online far right and a lot of corporate-backed grifters who take advantage of it. He was the end product of years of fake-ironic memes purposefully exploited by far right ideologues to recruit vulnerable, mediocre young men, of Lauren Southern's "muh great replacement" shtick and of Ben Shapiro's "most muslims are dangerous extremists" nonsense.

Not talking about the ideology behind this, not doing anything to address it and tackle it, is not a solution. Appeasement, apathy, has never solved this sort of crisis.

Like I said, the commentators and pundits are desperately trying to bury this because they don't want people to realise his shit is more or less lifted straight from what they've said. Hell, Southern has been desperately trying to delete anything she said about the Great Replacement since the attack.
Jenny / Sailor Astraea
WOMAN

MtF trans and proud - She / Her / etc.
100% Asbestos Free

Team Mystic
#iamEUropean

"Have you ever had a moment online, when the need to prove someone wrong has outweighed your own self-preservation instincts?"

Cetacea
Negotiator

Founded: Apr 27, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Cetacea » Sun Mar 17, 2019 2:07 am

Saiwania wrote:The alleged shooter has exactly the right politics but like Anders Breivik, acted with too much haste. He is perhaps not wrong to decry the direction his country has been going in. This could've been averted in my view, if immigration from certain undeveloped countries would've been closed off. It is urgent that immigration only be limited to other rich countries at minimum. At least rich immigrants bring money and job creation. If you import Somalis, Afghanis, or people from other poor countries that're more of a burden, of course locals are going to grow wroth about letting any more in.

New Zealand will build a wall to keep the terrorist out - and we will make the Australians pay for it!

look, there have been Muslims in Christchurch for 170 years (since the 1850s) and they have been a peaceful, moderate community that has positively contributed to New Zealand society.

The only Terrorism to ever occur in New Zealand has come from Europeans - the latest was an Australia who had no right to decry immigration policy in New Zealand, he was driven by an irrational doctrine of hatred spurred by the same extremist views that yourself and Breivek carried.

It is not the poor, muslims or immigrants we have to fear - its You

Khataiy
Minister

Founded: Apr 22, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Khataiy » Sun Mar 17, 2019 2:22 am

None other than a supporter of Assad would have the nerve to say this the only tragedy here is there isn't more victims, this is who the Safavids and the Party of Satan ("Hezbollah") back this is the face of them they are all united against Islam, this is the so-called "anti-Zionist resistance" that is so wise and great this is the face of their disgrace in the open. Yet some people still do not understand that opposition to Assad, Iran and the Party of Satan is a matter of life and death and the defense of the Arab and Islamic people from their plots.

https://www.orient-news.net/en/news_sho ... -kill-more

British Tackeettlaus
Spokesperson

Founded: Oct 28, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby British Tackeettlaus » Sun Mar 17, 2019 2:22 am

A bit heavy handed but I wont cry to much for them. Honestly if you have sought out and watched this video I personally would really judge you negatively as a human being. I'm not going to call out anybody in particular, I know it is a lot of you in this thread, I would just say you should perhaps have a good look at yourself.

The Alma Mater
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: May 23, 2004
Ex-Nation

Postby The Alma Mater » Sun Mar 17, 2019 2:25 am

Cetacea wrote:
Saiwania wrote:The alleged shooter has exactly the right politics but like Anders Breivik, acted with too much haste. He is perhaps not wrong to decry the direction his country has been going in. This could've been averted in my view, if immigration from certain undeveloped countries would've been closed off. It is urgent that immigration only be limited to other rich countries at minimum. At least rich immigrants bring money and job creation. If you import Somalis, Afghanis, or people from other poor countries that're more of a burden, of course locals are going to grow wroth about letting any more in.

New Zealand will build a wall to keep the terrorist out - and we will make the Australians pay for it!

look, there have been Muslims in Christchurch for 170 years (since the 1850s) and they have been a peaceful, moderate community that has positively contributed to New Zealand society.

The only Terrorism to ever occur in New Zealand has come from Europeans - the latest was an Australia who had no right to decry immigration policy in New Zealand, he was driven by an irrational doctrine of hatred spurred by the same extremist views that yourself and Breivek carried.

And yet this very mosque was linked to two terrorists: https://www.newshub.co.nz/nznews/christ ... 2014060417
Getting an education was a bit like a communicable sexual disease.
It made you unsuitable for a lot of jobs and then you had the urge to pass it on.
- Terry Pratchett, Hogfather

Vassenor
Khan of Spam

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Vassenor » Sun Mar 17, 2019 2:26 am

The Alma Mater wrote:
Cetacea wrote:

And yet this very mosque was linked to two terrorists: https://www.newshub.co.nz/nznews/christ ... 2014060417

Well. Clearly that means all these people had to die then?

I'm not following the logic here.
Jenny / Sailor Astraea
WOMAN

100% Asbestos Free

Team Mystic
#iamEUropean

"Have you ever had a moment online, when the need to prove someone wrong has outweighed your own self-preservation instincts?"

Duhon
Senator

Founded: Nov 21, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Duhon » Sun Mar 17, 2019 2:29 am

Those Muslims that asshole Tarrant from Australia mowed down were living their lives, minding their own business, praying to their god, harmless as they could be. They're a credit to any civilized society, Tarrant is fucking not. Get out.

The Alma Mater
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: May 23, 2004
Ex-Nation

Postby The Alma Mater » Sun Mar 17, 2019 2:32 am

Vassenor wrote:
The Alma Mater wrote:

Of course not - but painting the mosque as a center of enlightened islam (as I myself did) filled to the brim with nice and contributing people that are paragons of virtue that had never caused any trouble in New Zealad seems to be going too far in the opposite direction.

It was a conglomeration of humans. Some good, some bad.
Last edited by The Alma Mater on Sun Mar 17, 2019 2:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
Getting an education was a bit like a communicable sexual disease.
It made you unsuitable for a lot of jobs and then you had the urge to pass it on.
- Terry Pratchett, Hogfather

Duhon
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Duhon » Sun Mar 17, 2019 2:33 am

British Tackeettlaus wrote:

A bit heavy handed but I wont cry to much for them. Honestly if you have sought out and watched this video I personally would really judge you negatively as a human being. I'm not going to call out anybody in particular, I know it is a lot of you in this thread, I would just say you should perhaps have a good look at yourself.

I have seen the video and read the manifesto. If you don't wanna see both, that's your call, but I say there's value to doing this beyond morbid curiosity. Eisenhower did order his own soldiers and people from the surrounding country to see what the Nazis have wrought at their concentration camps; why not sear those words, those images, into my mind as well?

Khataiy
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Khataiy » Sun Mar 17, 2019 2:33 am

The Alma Mater wrote:
Vassenor wrote:

Of course not - but painting the mosque as a center of enlightened islam (as I myself did) filled to the brim with nice and contributing people that are paragons of virtue that had never caused any trouble in New Zealad seems to be going too far in the opposite direction.

"Enlightened Islam" who are you to tell us how to practice our religion and the fact it doesn't stand for the changes that YOU and like minded people think Islam needs makes this savagery any better?

Duhon
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Duhon » Sun Mar 17, 2019 2:36 am

Khataiy wrote:
The Alma Mater wrote:Of course not - but painting the mosque as a center of enlightened islam (as I myself did) filled to the brim with nice and contributing people that are paragons of virtue that had never caused any trouble in New Zealad seems to be going too far in the opposite direction.

"Enlightened Islam" who are you to tell us how to practice our religion and the fact it doesn't stand for the changes that YOU and like minded people think Islam needs makes this savagery any better?

He isn't condoning what happened in Christchurch, far from it. He's saying that the mosque had some undesirables among its worshippers, people who should've been screened out and caught.

Khataiy
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Khataiy » Sun Mar 17, 2019 2:39 am

Duhon wrote:
Khataiy wrote:"Enlightened Islam" who are you to tell us how to practice our religion and the fact it doesn't stand for the changes that YOU and like minded people think Islam needs makes this savagery any better?

He isn't condoning what happened in Christchurch, far from it. He's saying that the mosque had some undesirables among its worshippers, people who should've been screened out and caught.

50 innocent people are dead and this is the topic of discussion? That is nothing more than shameful, offensive and demeaning to the victims and their families the only "undesirable" here is the wasteful filth that did this cowardly attack.

Vassenor
Khan of Spam

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Vassenor » Sun Mar 17, 2019 2:53 am

The Alma Mater wrote:
Cetacea wrote:

That was five years ago, for one.
Jenny / Sailor Astraea
WOMAN

100% Asbestos Free

Team Mystic
#iamEUropean

Woodfiredpizzas
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Jan 15, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Woodfiredpizzas » Sun Mar 17, 2019 2:55 am

Khataiy wrote:
Duhon wrote:

50 innocent people are dead and this is the topic of discussion? That is nothing more than shameful, offensive and demeaning to the victims and their families the only "undesirable" here is the wasteful filth that did this cowardly attack.

I don’t know, I find Islam is rather undesirable.
Reheated donuts

Ausinia
Diplomat

Founded: Jul 20, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Ausinia » Sun Mar 17, 2019 2:57 am

Cetacea wrote:

*shock*
You listen here mate! Australia, is not Tasmania! Bully them all you want, but leave the rest of us out of i- sorry? They want compensation? Make the tassies pay for it!

Jokes aside, well put. Lots of people need to know it’s not just Muslims or middle eastern people who cause these things. Their are people from European countries, and Australia, NZ and America who join ISIS, and extremist groups, their are Aussies, Kiwis, Americans, Europeans, who do extreme actions, and their are probably people who have shot at fellow members of their home country.

The problem is not the many Muslims who live in a country, but it is the actions of a few, some not even Muslim, or middle eastern, as seen here. Closing the access to and from these countries does not fix the problem of extremism, it doesn’t even limit it. It only creates two societies, an open one and a closed one. A closed society will not function. Society will not ruction.
[url]Discord, cus why not [To be fixed][/url]
-Astoria wrote:‘WE'RE NOT COMMUNISTS, DAMMIT!’

Then explain the hammer-and-sickle on your flag. Otherwise, X.
This nation does not completely agree with my views.
Cooperation, Command, Control
THE UNITED COMMONWEALTH of AUSINIA
The Ausinian National:Due to recent baby booms in Ausinia, a general board has being formed, the leaders in new ways of fair population control. Suggested methods already include standardised testing in schools, for the most fit and intelligent to stand out.

An Alan Smithee Nation
Powerbroker

Founded: Apr 18, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby An Alan Smithee Nation » Sun Mar 17, 2019 3:17 am

Everything is intertwinkled

Lamoni
Game Moderator

Founded: Antiquity
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Lamoni » Sun Mar 17, 2019 3:26 am

Woodfiredpizzas wrote:
Khataiy wrote:50 innocent people are dead and this is the topic of discussion? That is nothing more than shameful, offensive and demeaning to the victims and their families the only "undesirable" here is the wasteful filth that did this cowardly attack.

This thread is about a terrorist attack in New Zealand, not about your personal opinions on Islam. Move along.
National Anthem
Resides in Greater Dienstad. (Former) Mayor of Equilism.
I'm a Senior N&I RP Mentor. Questions? TG me!
Licana on the M-21A2 MBT: "Well, it is one of the most badass tanks on NS."

Vortiaganica: Lamoni I understand fully, of course. The two (Lamoni & Lyras) are more inseparable than the Clinton family and politics.

Triplebaconation: Lamoni commands a quiet respect that carries its own authority. He is the Mandela of NS.

Part of the Meow family in Gameplay, and a GORRAM GAME MOD! My TGs are NOT for Mod Stuff.

Woodfiredpizzas
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Jan 15, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Woodfiredpizzas » Sun Mar 17, 2019 3:28 am

Lamoni wrote:
Woodfiredpizzas wrote:

This thread is about a terrorist attack in New Zealand, not about your personal opinions on Islam. Move along.

Roger.
Reheated donuts

Ostroeuropa
Khan of Spam

Founded: Jun 14, 2006

Postby Ostroeuropa » Sun Mar 17, 2019 3:36 am

Consider that the attacker claims the attack has been planned for 2 years and work backwards.

Debunking some claims about the moderate nature of the mosque;

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2014-06-03/ ... ke/5497908

Islamic Terrorist recruit was tapped by a Christchurch Muslim, they met in Christchurch.).

https://www.newshub.co.nz/nznews/christ ... 2014060417

Al-Qaeda links to Christchurch.

https://e2nz.org/2015/01/03/new-zealand ... shionista/

ISIS recruitment center in Christchurch.

NZ government itself was keeping tabs on 80 Muslims in Christchurch for suspected terrorist affiliation.

Does that make the choice of target and the "why" more comprehensible to people? The talk of "Invaders" and so on?

This wasn't a matter of "He just thought all muslims bad and that's why he killed them.". He may well have thought that, but he targeted the largest Islamic terrorist center in New Zealand. People there knew what their preachers and peers were and what they believed, what the mosque was a center of.

Does that make it justified?

No. It just puts it into the proper context.
Last edited by Ostroeuropa on Sun Mar 17, 2019 3:41 am, edited 2 times in total.
Ostro.MOV

There is an out of control trolley speeding towards Jeremy Bentham, who is tied to the track. You can pull the lever to cause the trolley to switch tracks, but on the other track is Immanuel Kant. Bentham is clutching the only copy in the universe of The Critique of Pure Reason. Kant is clutching the only copy in the universe of The Principles of Moral Legislation. Both men are shouting at you that they have recently started to reconsider their ethical stances.

Vassenor
Khan of Spam

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Vassenor » Sun Mar 17, 2019 3:40 am

Ostroeuropa wrote:Consider that the attacker claims the attack has been planned for 2 years and work backwards.

Islamic Terrorist recruit was tapped by a Christchurch Muslim, they met in Christchurch.).

NZ government itself was keeping tabs on 80 Muslims in Christchurch for suspected terrorist affiliation.

Does that make the choice of target and the "why" more comprehensible to people? The talk of "Invaders" and so on?

Still doing the victim blaming shtick? Also nice assumption that he must be telling the absolute truth rather than just bullshitting.
Jenny / Sailor Astraea
WOMAN

100% Asbestos Free

Team Mystic
#iamEUropean

Ostroeuropa
Khan of Spam

Founded: Jun 14, 2006

Postby Ostroeuropa » Sun Mar 17, 2019 3:42 am

Vassenor wrote:
Ostroeuropa wrote:Consider that the attacker claims the attack has been planned for 2 years and work backwards.

Still doing the victim blaming shtick? Also nice assumption that he must be telling the absolute truth rather than just bullshitting.

Nice thought-terminating cliche there. Do you think viewing an act of Palestinian or Israeli violence in isolation is "victim blaming" when you note the complexity of the situation?

Bullshitting about what?
Last edited by Ostroeuropa on Sun Mar 17, 2019 3:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
Ostro.MOV

There is an out of control trolley speeding towards Jeremy Bentham, who is tied to the track. You can pull the lever to cause the trolley to switch tracks, but on the other track is Immanuel Kant. Bentham is clutching the only copy in the universe of The Critique of Pure Reason. Kant is clutching the only copy in the universe of The Principles of Moral Legislation. Both men are shouting at you that they have recently started to reconsider their ethical stances.

Samudera Darussalam
Senator

Founded: Aug 05, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Samudera Darussalam » Sun Mar 17, 2019 3:46 am

Khataiy wrote:50 innocent people are dead and this is the topic of discussion? That is nothing more than shameful, offensive and demeaning to the victims and their families the only "undesirable" here is the wasteful filth that did this cowardly attack.

Hey, calm down :hug:
Last edited by Samudera Darussalam on Sun Mar 17, 2019 3:47 am, edited 1 time in total.

Chan Island
Negotiator

Founded: Nov 26, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Chan Island » Sun Mar 17, 2019 3:48 am

Ostroeuropa wrote:
Vassenor wrote:

Nice thought-terminating cliche there. Do you think viewing an act of Palestinian or Israeli violence in isolation is "victim blaming" when you note the complexity of the situation?

Bullshitting about what?

Regardless of the situation, I think we can all agree that this was a terrible tragedy that shouldn't be repeated.
viewtopic.php?f=20&t=513597&p=39401766#p39401766
Conserative Morality wrote:"It's not time yet" is a tactic used by reactionaries in every era. "It's not time for democracy, it's not time for capitalism, it's not time for emancipation." Of course it's not time. It's never time, not on its own. You make it time. If you're under fire in the no-man's land of WW1, you start digging a foxhole even if the ideal time would be when you *aren't* being bombarded, because once you wait for it to be 'time', other situations will need your attention, assuming you survive that long. If the fields aren't furrowed, plow them. If the iron is not hot, make it so. If society is not ready, change it.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General